New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

The Shining Council

"That would be wise. I shall contact you when the rest of us are ready to lend our aid."
    "Thank you Solaron. Don't worry, I'll need all the help I can get soon enough."

With those parting words, she uses an odd device to punch a portal through to the Void - there was little time to waste!

The Void

Klashanna was in her element. Carefully directing yet another city-sized sheet of metal into place... laying electrical grids with wires that could have circumvented the world a dozen times... when it was complete, the Solar Ring would be the greatest machine ever built - its intricacy surpassed even her Observatory.

And she had designed it!

Surveying her handiwork so far - a vast expanse of metal and stone with more square footage than her beloved Progress - it dawned on her once again how monumental the task of the Conclave was... after taking a moment to gather her strength, the Maiden of Invention rallied herself and began work once again.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: AP 0 : 3 - 3 (Raise DR 8 to 9)

Staunen Harbor

As the human dragon-ships slid into harbor, a faint glimmer lit up the city's tallest tower. The saerites of Staunen had learned quickly that spending more than a few moments in the icy darkness of the city streets was a death sentence. However, they did not seal themselves off entirely - a clever clique had developed a series of lenses and mirrors that allowed surveillance of the harbor and the land surrounding the city - it had focused itself now on the flickering torches of the human ships...

"...is it our fleet returning? After all this time?"
    "Negative... they... don't even appear to be saerites. I can't get a good focus at this range."
    "Well... they're alive, at least, right?"
    "... probably. How do they do that?"

The former council chamber of Staunen - now the hub of the network of interconnected heated buildings that housed the remainder of the city's population - was abuzz with talk of the strange ships. Rousing herself from the half-slumber that seemed to be all she ever got these days, Lady Isabella groggily assessed the situation before taking command.

"Agh... hail them into harbor with the dock lights - if these... whatever they ares have some method of surviving the cold, we can't pass up an opportunity to learn it. This could be of untold value to ourselves and our fellow Nations."

Out in the harbor, a series of powerful bulbs flares to life, illuminating the docking area as bright as day - as well as the ships sailing towards them.
    Last edited by Selinia; 2010-06-24 at 11:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Milronas the Ophanim - Northernmost Shining Land - the Celestial Hosts

A shimmerling came to him with the most disturbing news: the walking dead were massing in Despair, and seemed to be building a city. Such a gathering had not been seen upon the face of this world since the creation of the undead. This was a sign of a much more coherent organization to them than the hungering mindless were capable of. Some malign presence was directing them, and this would be a new threat upon this world, the likes of which had never been seen before. This development needed to be reported to the Shining Lord soon. For now, though, he was busy meeting with his fellow gods and were discussing the fate of the world and how to shape it. He was not to be disturbed for now. Besides which, their powers were still somewhat weakened without a Sun to give them light. A full-scale assault on the growing necropolis would have to wait for the dawn. He could sense, though, that it was only a matter of time before he and his troops would rally to assault this blight upon the land. Now was the time for preparation and waiting. With the New Dawn would come new opportunities.

Sabim and Branna - the Arctic Faeli lands

Sabim, a Harrier of the Dead, and Branna, one of the Masters of Radiance, were traveling in their homelands, the icy domain of the Arctic Faeli. They were spreading the hope of the good news of the Shining Lord everywhere they went. He had come, and soon dawn shall follow. At first, the people did not care for their message, since the loss of light and heat did not effect them severely at first, and they had little to do with most gods since their creator was exiled to a mountain peak for eternity. A few of them had turned to various other gods, but they had largely been ignored in the grand scheme of things.
    Few other peoples could live in the harsh endless plains of ice where they thrived. Fewer still would consider these lands worth taking. However, to the Arctic Faeli, this was Home. This harsh land had melded them into a harsh people who had come to be self-reliant. This news of a new god did not impact them very much. Why should they care? However, as the endless night continued to stretch on and the temperature continued to plummet to extremes that even their ice magic had a hard time protecting them from, they began to become desperate.
    Some began to revere the very twisted abominations that had brought this plague upon them, hoping in the madness of desperation that their "loyalty" would spare them from the end. Others turned inward, and gave in to despair, waiting bitterly for the end. Yet there were some who responded to the couple's message of hope, and began revering the one who would bring the dawn. They began to prepare and to hope for the day that they could once again roam the icelands, the masters of their domain. The New Dawn was approaching, and all who would listen can hear the anticipation building.

Roygbv - a kobold mountainside enclave

The massive creature had been teaching the kobolds about Solaron. Sadly, they do not seem to be all that quick to learn. They liked the notion of being warm again, but they always thought the Sun had been too bright. No sun was too dark for them, but they thought that was not too bad of a problem. This cold, however, they did not like. They simply could not understand why they should revere Solaron because of what he says he will do. The one who made them had made a promise as well, but nothing ever came of that either.
    Ever since the dwarven mountain toppled, they had only halfheartedly sought the Great Ship. They had never really made much progress on that front anyways. Now they merely sought to live and thrive in the mountains they had once used to dock their skyships.
    Then one day an enormous dragon appeared on one of the more densely populated mountains. He began talking about one who would make things Warm and Bright again.They did not really understand his message yet, but even they knew that something momentous was coming. They began agitating for the day that it came, revering the messenger even as they did not comprehend the message.

Spoiler
    Show
    just a bit of fluff to build up the dramatic tension for Sunday. will start pm coordinating with the Conclave later today (friday).
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-06-25 at 01:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enki, Heliopolis

Still hiding himself behind his hand, the cursed god closed his eyes and prayed to his father, the world-god, for the very first time, that he allow those two to leave this place, and not kill each other. He could not bare to lose either one.

Erik, Staunen Harbor

Erik jumped off his ship and ordered a few of his men to tie it to the docks. All but this one vessel stayed out at sea, ready to hail arrows and magic if the inhabitants proved hostile.

The Soulless slid next to Erik while another, covered in large steel plates, moved behind them as guard.
    "I sense no magic here," he said, "and these are no torches. How do they produce this light?"

"Seems these creatures do have some things worth getting, eh?" said Erik with a half-surprised look on his face.

"Perhaps," said the Soulless, disinterested. "But what difference does it make. See?" he clicked his fingers and a fist-sized ball of light appeared above him. "I can make light just as easily."

Erik grinned and started walking towards the city streets. "Goblins, Goblins, Goblins, Faeli pale and Dark, even a few Dwarves and Gnomes, get them while they're still kicking!"

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

In the moment of light's evolution, so too, would the shadows evolve...

At the moment of the Sun Child's evolution into a lantern, there existed, too, an evolution in his shadow; a shadow came into existence, a replica of He-Who-Was-Forever-Radiant. This being, who had no sentient life, had no control over his body; this shadow was just that; a shadow. But over time, there grew a change over the shadow; he started to gain primal urges, urges which constantly yelled at him to move. But, alas, it was impossible, fore the new being had not the strength to break his bond with a god. It led to a individual who slowly retreated inwards, learning the secrets of the Arcane, and the secrets of the Shadow. It was in this time, that the Shadow started to gain power; he could feel his mind expanding, bordering on the sapience of the gods. With more time, the Shadow began to draw in power; from the outside world it was given a gift; a gift of power and divinity. In a short matter of time, for a god at least, the Shadow began to shred itself from it's master. And then, with a suddenness akin to a storm; the Shadow tore himself from the master, and became his own thing. It was in this instance, that he gained his full divine energy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ombrerus, Right Next To Soloran ( The Shining Court, I believe )

A blot of shadows streamed out from Soloran's shadow; the entire shadow seemed to have torn itself away, coalescing into a more solid form; albeit a form made purely out of shadows. " Who are all of you? Where am I? " The creature asked, as a semblance of a face appeared on the floating blob of shadow-stuff. The blob saw a floating lantern, and oh how the light burned it. But it could resist; it simply sucked out from the shadow that it sent off, forming a protective layer in front of it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And that concludes episode one, of the Lord of Shadows.
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Solaron - The Shining Council

This strange new presence right in the middle of the Shining Council was completely unexpected. This dark presence was like Solaron himself, yet his opposite as well. It seems that he has spawned another god. Whether this was his brother finally manifesting himself from the latent energies still with him from his parent, or a child spawned by the creative energies surrounding himself was irrelevant. This new being was his kin. He just witnessed the birth of a new god. he clearly had powers that were mostly the domain of the dark ones, yet his was a pure and wholesome version of their defilement. This would earn him their eternal enmity, Solaron feared. It was his responsibility to aid this young one. His powers were something that his new alliance of the gods would need in the days to come, he was sure.

"Welcome to the world, new god. I am Solaron, from whose shadows you have been born. This great being with me is the many-legged goddess, a being like ourselves whose children are numerous and varied. There are many others like us in this world and beyond. I offer you the opportunity to join with us, so that we might be able to better this world. I can sense that your powers are complimentary to mine and that together we can balance out the light and the darkness so that neither of us in our zeal can overbalance this world. Our first act will be to create a source of heat and light to this world, so that life can continue to exist. Your insight in this could help prevent us from overdoing things and causing as much harm as we seek to prevent. Will you join with us?"

Spoiler
    Show
    joining the pantheon is 1 ap and lets you add your own touch to the Sun Ring. see the ooc thread for what's already been proposed. Maybe a cloaking device that can hide this new creation from unfriendly divinities? with the side effect of making it invisible to the mortals as well when it is engaged.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-06-25 at 06:27 PM.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Mountains of Hope

Within the vast mountain range of Hope, a weird sight could be seen if a traveller was brave enough to venture deep within the mountain range, a great airship tethered to the mountain by a harpoon. For centuries the airship remained untouched, simply swaying in the breeze.

This was the next destination for the god of Death as he materializes on the deck. Looking around, he nods his head... this was defiantly the place, and logically, his target was most likely in the Captain's cabin. Making his way through the ship, the ghostly figure reaches the Captain's cabin, and not even bothering to knock, just goes through the door... another advantage of being a vengeful spirit.

The god of Death looks around the lavishly decorated room, but what he truly came for, is lying on the cabin's bed... layers of dust having settled all over the place. Grinning fiercely, he opens his hands and begins to recite his incantation

"A captain wishing to sail the clouds without a crew are you, and thus you are cursed.
    Bound by your true name, your vessel is your prison.
    Sam, the Captain, perversion of authority.
    A chick, fallen from its nest, never to take to the skies.
    Thus, I hold you fiend, and bind your indifference for eternity!"

As the body begins to deteriorate as a result of the incantation, a small orange sphere floats towards the outstretched hand of the god of Death, and hovering above his middle finger for a few moments, disappears. Having accomplished this, the ghostly figure once again fades away, departing to his next target.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Magistrate-Admiral Nicabod

Long had the wars between gnome and goblin ravaged the continent of Despair, bloody beyond the reasonable, destructive beyond the rational. In effect, they were the personal, terrible chess of the gnomish commander, Nicabod, and the goblin general, Screechy. But it was no game! Spite ran deep between both sides, sheer hatred fueling the conflict, making it personal. Five wars had passed already, and they showed no sign of progressing beyond the... Stalemate.

But that was going to change, indeed! Nicabod was sure of it. And why was he so sure, you ask?

Because he had an army.

But not any army. He had an army that could rampage through the goblin lands at a pace that he could never match before... This time, this time the goblins would be wiped out for good! Indeed! For they faced not Fortress Miredochis alone, but three other Sky Citadels joined the assault. Cathedral Narrinar, Fortress Exaloom and Carrier Iaractukin. And all the legions and firepower those great citadels held.

And behind, to defend Grindforge, remained Carrier Dordmani, Cathedral Gthinar, and the newly comissioned fortress Feuerkraft. Stationed in the frontier with the lands from which reports of vast undead activity came.

The gnome war machine was ready, ready to vanquish every last goblin of the world!

And thus, Nicabod launched the final assault.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Many Legged Goddess, Shining Council

The huge Formian Queen nodded her head in greeting to the new god, and in acceptance of the new Council. She would join Solaron and his compatriots against those Others who would seek to do harm to the whole world. She speaks quickly "It is good to meet you, I must join Klashanna and Ichmod in their endeavors." That said, she scuttled off to join the other gods.

Many Legged Goddess, with Klashanna

The Many Legged Goddess does her best to maintain the magic on her as well, keeping her language understandable. "I shall wait for you and the others to contribute to the creation of the sun, afterwhich I shall have a contribution of my own to add."

Underdark, Formian Queen, with Brogan Skycaller

The massive creature gave a disturbingly normal nod, and the warrior spoke once more. "ahv caurse, weyh ahsk aonly eh fahvor. Weyh shehll help thehse peohple howhever thay naed."

Despair, Following the Humans

The Formians observed the coming of the Human raiders with great interest, but the greatest interest was from the Thri-Kreen. They wondered if the humans were mutated halflings, like the goblins, but dismissed the idea after observation. It was obvious they did not have access to the Frehernite ore required to make such vast changes. It required time and large concentrations of Frehernite to so change a being, as they had been changed. But they did learn from the humans. As the Humans used their newly acquired goblin slaves to build docks, the Thri-Kreen watched them, and began to do likewise, though improving upon the process. They built a shipyard in a far secluded area, building it in an underground cave that lead to the open seas. They had by now learned to mine metals and construct what tools they needed, not that they needed many, and they soon began gathering wood and metals to create great ships to carry them in exploratory missions across the seas!

The Thri-Kreen clicked and chittered amongst themselves in excitement. What's more, they planned to construct the ships with magic ingrained into their very foundations, with Frehernite as it's source. The Thri-Kreen had experimented with the powerful ore before, but this would be the first true test of their abilities. The Frehernite would power magical enchantments in the ship, powerful wards of protection, and speed, and some frehernite could be added to spears and arrows to increase their deadliness with ingrained magic. With these defences, and the strong wood harvested from a massive tree of the Green Lands, blessed by the Goddess herself, and metal created with small amounts of frehernite used in the creation process, their ships would be unstoppable.

Spoiler
    Show
    9AP=11AP-1AP Join Pantheon -1AP Teach Populous: Shipbuilding. Wood built, metal plated and enforced, frehernite powered magical ships.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Celis, Hope.

The first sound Celis heard on his birth was the laughter of a nymph, and it became the sound which defined him. She told him stories of the nymphs and the sea and the spirits of the water, but he walked among the humans whose lands had given him his father, hidden and in disguises. There were clever mortals and foolish mortals, and mortals who fought and mortals who loved. Those he liked, he protected, rewarding their cleverness with his own cleverness. Those he disliked, he would trick, and laugh as the strong and mighty fell.

In time they worshiped him in their own way--and he became the trickster god for a trickster people. And the Trickster taught them magic, and changed their way of life, the natural aptitudes of a human--they would be a magical people and a wandering people, dressed in bright colors, wandering the world in caravans and on ships, singing and dancing and weaving illusions and enchantments to keep themselves safe and to bring chaos and merriment in their wakes.

And perhaps he would have kept guiding them, but, he reasoned, they were a self-sufficient people and he was bored of them. His mother had said once that she was the daughter of a god--that all nymphs were his children, and the river gods and the water spirits.

He was a god, too, now. He had never heard divine laughter before. The Void was calling.

The Void

He laughed on arrival, testing the feel of this new place--a place without all the order and rules of the world. Perhaps this was an even better idea than he thought.

Spoiler
    Show

Create subrace (Vagabonds); teach populace arcane magic. AP 20 - 2 = 18.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

A different kobold mountainside enclave

One of the powerful cerebremancers of Minrhet appears before the kobold clan. Taking advantage of their hatred for the cold and love of the dark, he weaves tales of the great dragon lord Minrhet who radiates heat and power but without light. He shows them signs of magic and psionic wonder which dazzle them. These kobolds begin to hunger for the glory of Minrhet, and many follow the cerebremancer back through the freezing dark into the Shining Lands. They are dazzled by the radiance at first, but they are quickly escorted to the region of Minrhet's followers, where they meet their new draconic lord in his dark, cavernous home beneath the surface sands. The sudden heat within is almost too great to bear, but they become accustomed to it as the outer chill is driven from their bones. This tribe of kobolds bows down and worships their new god.

Back in the mortal world, tales of this god of heat without light begin to spread throughout the kobold tribes, and kobolds begin to break away in groups and travel to the Shining Lands in search of Minrhet. Even more begin to make the journey as kobolds who have witnessed his greatness in the Shining Lands return as clerics and prophets of Minrhet's Warming Glory.

Spoiler
    Show
    Solaron never once mentioned kobolds to Minrhet, so he has no idea that he might be interfering with your plans for them. It's important for the head to tell the hand what its doing.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Orc in the Playground

The blot of shadow, floating in the air, seemed to twist and turn, it's body morphing as it decided on it's decision. However, with but a moment's notice, the blot returned to the form with the appearance of a face, and said, " I suppose that I shall join your band; I see no reason not to, and as is, the balance is far too tipped in the side of darkness. Oh, and I have decided a name for myself... Ombrerus, that is what I shall call myself. And I take my leave now... " The being, now known as Ombrerus, with a swirling of energy, teleported away, traveling out to the Void, where he made his home, a place full of shadows, a place where the Shadow's of the living were alive with action, and could do as they wished. The realm was infinitely stretching, and had a shadowy demeanor to it; however, it let Ombrerus alter it to his will, he being the master of it.

Next, the Shadow God breathed forth, and willed into his plane the existence the shadowy creatures; those beings who were created by the shadows of life. Along with those, he changed some of the people; he created the Dark of all races, those who had a link to the Shadow Plane, and who would give to their descendants power akin to the Shadow Plane.

The Shadow God then realized that his following among the mortal races would be small, so he decided to create Shadow Magic, a form of magic that drew it's powers from the shadow realm, and the Shadow Casters. However, he further realized the power that the Arcane granted, and he created in the minds of mortals the seeds of a new group of people; the Noctumancers, who merged Arcane and Shadow together. With this, he felt his work was complete, and the Shadow God relaxed, letting the himself gain some sleep, and time to reflect on his creations.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll finish this in a few minutes

AP: 20 at the begining
    -3 From the Shadow Plane ( Infinite, Divinely morphic to me, mirrors the Material Plane in appearance, only it becomes random things past the edge of where the material plane would reach. Plane of Shadow from DMG traits other than that )
    -3 Create Concept ( Shadow Casters ie: Shadow Magic )
    -2 Create Organization ( Noctumancers )
    -2 Create Populace ( Shadow Creatures )
    -2 Create Populace ( Shades, Shadows, and Shadar-kai... that are good )
    -1 Create Sub Populace ( Dark Creatures )
    -1 Join Pantheon ( Shining Court, or Whatever it's called )
    20-14=6
    That was Some damn expensive first action XD
    Last edited by NecroticPunch; 2010-06-25 at 11:08 PM.
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Solaron - the Shining Council

Solaron bids Ombrerus farewell for now and begins devising the best way to supply a light source for the massive undertaking. While he ponders these things, he begins to idly wander around the shining council chambers and the environs around it. Upon noticing the crater left by the technology goddess' landing, he fixes it with an idle thought, then decides in a fit of humor to alter it's surface into alternating bands of red and white, such that from the air it formed a target for further landings.

Spoiler
    Show
    edit: i lost count of my ap and thought i had enough to go up in Dr. i'm one shy :cry: i really could have used the extra ap gain on the rollover.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-06-26 at 12:04 AM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Symaxia, Despair

For a long time, the Living Dead of Symaxia remained vigilant, for they had an unholy mission, which was the complete annihilation of all life on Despair. And yet, for years Symaxia remained silent... building up its forces and biding its time. If anything, the Living Dead had, it was time.

The Thirty Tyrants of Symaxia had long debated within the Necropolis about what strategy to follow. Reports had it, that the Goblins were by far the most populated race of the living, literally sprawling all over the Mountains of Despair. However, it was decided that due to their weak and cowardly nature, they would pose no threat to Symaxia, and could be dealt with at the Tyrant's leisure.

The next potential target were the Halflings of the Green Lands. Just the thought that green lush meadows could exist on Despair was an insult to the land's legacy. However, the Halflings were cowering behind the Troll Gates and did not dare to leave it's safety. Thus it was decided that the Halflings, just like the Goblins would be dealt with later.

Same thing applied to the Abeil and the Formians... not enough to constitute a threat, nor important enough to send a clear message throughout Despair. Of course... there was those pesky Humans... but the odd raid did not even bother the Tyrants enough for them to consider targeting the Humans.

However... then there were the Iron Gnomes. Those pesky diminutive creatures who lived on the other side of Despair in Grindforge. Their flying cities were truly impressive, not mention their technology. Indeed, the Iron Gnomes were the greatest obstacle for the eradication of all life on Despair. Thus the Tyrants decided that the Iron Gnomes would be the first to fall, and thus they began to wait for the appropriate moment... and that moment arrived during what should have been the 6th G.G. War.

Reports began to stream into the Necropolis of a large force of a large Gnomish invasion fleet, heading towards the Goblin Empire, leaving a token force back in Grindforge. This was the opportunity that they had waited for!

Their plan was simple, the Liches would gather their forces and commence marching Eastward of Symaxia to begin the Great Purge of Grindforge. In the meanwhile, the Tyrants themselves would take to the skies to deal with Nicabod's invasion fleet. Under normal circumstances, the Dracoliches would not even bother to leave the Necropolis, leaving the dirty works to their minions. However, this time things were different, as the Tyrants were keen to send a clear message to the living on Despair; the time for the Great Purge had come.

Thus, the Thirty Tyrants took to the skies and began to fly towards the Mountains of Despair, where they would intercept Nicabod's fleet, just as he begins attacking the Goblins. Meanwhile, the Liches crossed the great river which acted like a boundary, separating the Fields of Absolute Horror from the rest of Despair, and began to march towards Grindforge.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra + Aroha: Ruins of Heliopolis

Let us speak, then. Asharra said, lightly caressing Enki's clawed hand, I will return, my love. I trust this place in your care until then.

Leaving the warped sea-god with his new toys, she turned back to Aroha and flashed her a unsettling smile.

Come then, girl. Your father will be just fine in our absence. She said in a predatory tone, I've things to do upon creation anyway. We can speak there.

Aroha was no fool, and she did not trust the intentions of the dark goddess. Nothing of her demeanor spoke of regret or compassion. She doubted that redemption was the reason that Asharra had wanted to speak.

I know just the place.

-------------------------

Asharra and Aroha: Elysium

The two goddess' blinked into the sacred-ground of Elysium with a sudden ripple of energy. Almost instantly, everything about the place made Asharra bristle with discomfort. The grounds of the massive temple were huge, and cluttered with settlements both sturdy and hastily built. Countless mortals seemed to dwell here, amidst the divine glow of Elysium's ever-burning fires. The place even felt warm, compared to the chill that had settled over the rest of the darkened world.

Members of every race seemed to dwell here. Humans mingled with kobolds. Dwaves traded with Faeli. Even a small handful of the small-folk Darrmoon had crafted seemed to thrive here. The place was lit brightly in a way that reminded her of the discomfort of the sun, and she felt a looming tingle of magic that rippled throughout the area. Perhaps the ward that kept this place warm and well-lit?

More than a few eyes turned to witness the two a they arrived. For their lady of mercy, they held looks of reverence and gratitude. For the dark goddess' quite indecent form, mostly confusion. Several seemed uncomfortable in her presence, as she was too distracted by the discomfort of the area to conceal the aura of her true nature entirely.

This is your home? Asharra said, her tone clipped and slightly irritable, Too crowded, for my taste. But, I aside. Speak your reasons we should cease our actions. I am curious if you've a convincing reason, or if you simply object because you are too weak to make sacrifices for the greater cause.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Pixie in the Playground

Aroha and Asharra: Elysium

"And what would the greater cause be, Lady? I see no reason whatsoever for this scheme of yours, other than what directly benefits you. You are a creator. If this world and those who dwell upon her displease you so, create a place of your own. There is no need to tear down what others have created unless your only reason is a selfish one. You are not speaking of sacrifice, but of slaughter... and that cannot be allowed to happen."

Aroha looked out upon the grounds surrounding her grand temple.

"Look about you. Look at how many seek my peace because of what you have wrought. So many suffer needlessly."

She knew that Asharra would not be swayed by any of this, as much as she longed to hope; yearned to find the good in everyone, she feared she would find none in the dark goddess.

"Is there anything I might say to dissuade you from your present course of action?"

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra and Aroah: Elysium

I have a realm. Twice it has been sullied by other creators. Destroyers who came to my home and slew my children. There was no reason of it... only malice. Asharra explained, Some are only here to destroy.

She stepped closer to the gentle goddess, putting an uncomfortable lack of distance between the two. After the young goddess had flinched from her touch before, Asharra knew it would put her ill at ease.

It is not so simple a thing as good and evil. Right and wrong. She said, her voice sultry and low, These mortals? All of them? Worthless. They're toys we make to amuse ourselves. I could snuff out a city or create one, if I chose.

She leaned in close her smile a wicked one.

The only things that matter.... are us. Creators. Gods. Whatever you choose to call them. We are the only thing beyond our control. We are the only things that are real in this world.

The dark goddess laughed... a light, flitting laugh that set hair on end. Her tone was seductive and tempting, but for once, she did not speak lies or honeyed words. The truth somehow seemed even worse.

It is a game... all of this. And I will win it. Because unlike you... nothing is beneath me. There is nothing I will not do. She said earnestly, her voice a whisper of unspoken promises.

Now, girl. She said, her face mere inches from the goddess' own, her voice both softly lustful and threatening at once, Will you join me and last until the very end... or will you oppose me, and meet the same fate as your sun?
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

17. - Top - End - #437
    Pixie in the Playground

Aroha and Asharra: Elysium

Aroha knew part of what the dark goddess said was truth...but her reasonings were all wrong.

"The created are just as real as the creator. The fact that you are stronger than they does not make them any less real. They are alive, they have souls and can feel joy and sorrow, pain and ecstasy. They matter... and it is my goal to shelter and protect them from harm. I shall never join you in your lust for destruction... and I will not let you destroy me."

She once again gazed at the shining, cream-colored stones that made up the walls of her temple. She looked over all she protected and knew she would do anything to keep them from harm. She looked back to Asharra with determination clear in her amethyst gaze, her tears slowing to a trickle over her pale cheeks.

"You think me weak for giving my mercy and love to these beings... but I am stronger than you think me to be... and you are in my domain now. Within my boundaries you can cause harm to none under my protection, or to me. So if you came here to try and devour me as you did the Lord of the Sun, you shall be disappointed."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra and Aroha: Elysium

They have souls because we gave them souls. Asharra spoke in return, Nothing matters but us, girl. You can't protect them all forever. One step from this cage you've made for them, and I could snuff them out without even thinking. But I didn't come here to fight you. I came to see if you would stand against me.

Asharra looked around the temple walls, until her eyes fell on a faeli child, clinging tightly to it's mother's skirt as she walked about the sacred grounds. Across her face spread a wicked smile.

If you won't join me, so be it. Stand aside and do nothing, then. If I even suspect you are standing against me, I will become your scourge. There is an entire world full of mortals... you cannot protect them all. I will make the moon's fall seem like a trifle. She told Aroha, the lustful purr gone from her voice, replaced by a tone of dark sincerity, Just stay here and cry, little girl. Hide in your self-made cage. It is all you are good for.

With a sudden burst of energy, and a single word of black speech so potent that the mere sound of it was painful, Asharra left the searing discomfort of the holy site... returning to her Abyssal realm to think on what she would do now.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Minrhet, The Burning Cavern of The Shining Lands

Beneath a patch of scorching desert in The Shining Lands lays a cave network populated by kobolds and Faeli. It has come to be known as The Burning Cavern, in reverence of the god who dwells there amongst them.

While Solaron and friends have been busy with preparing a new sun, Minrhet has been busy with plans of his own. The general idea was his brother's, but the details were Minrhet's work alone. He had gathered wizards and psions from across the world, and the furnace of this cavern forged them into powerful Cerebremancers. These he called before him to be judged. All were called before him, and each was dismissed in turn. Eventually only two remained: one who held the greatest arcane might and one who held the greatest psionic prowess.

"The two of you have reached the twin pinnacles of might available to mortals, and for this I am quite proud of you. You shall be my heralds in the world, chosen above all by your lord. You shall be given power greater unlike that which any mortal before you has attained. You shall become as I now am and spread that image across the world."

Minrhet places his right hand upon the psion.

"You I name Martu, protector of those who wander, those who live in the mountains, and those who dwell in desert places."

His left had he places upon the wizard.

"You I name Namtar, destroyer of those who would destroy, slayer of those who would slay, and consumer of those who would seek to consume us and our followers."

Divine, arcane, and psionic energy begins to flow from within Minrhet and into the two Faeli.

"This command I give you: Become."

The power flow ceases, and Minrhet withdraws his hands. The two cerebremancers fall to the ground writhing in agony as their bodies are transformed before the eyes of the onlookers.

Martu stands first, a dragon whose scales shimmer with the glint of metal. He arches his back and stretches. Namtar stands shortly after, his body constantly shifting in a rainbow of colors and bows down to Minrhet.

Martu collects five of the cerebremancers who are strongest in their psionics to himself while Namtar does the same with those who are strongest in magic. They bestow their own blessings upon these.

The five of Martu become metallic dragons, and the five of Namtar become chromatic in color. Minrhet is well pleased.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minrhet (DR6) Wizard 3/Psion (Kineticist) 3/Cerebremancer 10/Arch Defiler 5/Athasian Dragon 7
    AP 0 = 6 - 3(Beget God:Martu) - 3(Beget God:Namtar)

Martu: (DR1) Wizard 5/Psion 3/Cerebremancer 10
    AP 0 = 2 - 2(Create Populace(metallic dragons))

Namtar: (DR1) Wizard 3/Psion 5/Cerebremancer 10
    AP 0 = 2 - 2(Create Populace(chromatic dragons))

Next up, I will create the prestige class that allows those who master psionics and arcane magic to transform into dragons. This will be the only way that metallic and chromatic dragons are "born" into the world. They don't reproduce 'naturally.'
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

"Solaron sends his greetings and requests that you meet with him in the Shining Lands to discuss matters of the fate of the world."

Blue said to the weeping goddess in Elysium. It had taken him almost forever to finally make his way to this locus of divine energy. having finally delivered his message, he awaits briefly to deliver a response, if any, then departs.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Karlinto

Ever since the aftermath of the Lunar Advent, the creatures known as the Titans and the Treants lived in the safety and tranquillity that this plane provided to them, brought here by their creator, they enjoyed the harmony which their world brought.

But today something was different... much different. Karlinto had an intruder! And what made things worse was that the Titans and Treants immediately realized who this intruder was. Many of the denizens of Karlinto had fought the hordes of the Living Dead on Hope amongst the Faeli, and they also witnessed the horrors of the Lunar Advent. Yet, after all these centuries, in front of them stood the ghost of the very one who had been behind all these horrible events; the god of Death himself.

It wasn't long before the denizens of Karlinto realized just what the fiend was going for; their very source of creation, and a desperate fight began in order to try and prevent the god of Death from reaching his target; their Creator.

As the ghost stared at the one who had, through the centuries, become entangled within the tree under which he fell asleep, he pauses to take a look at the death and destruction he had caused to reach there. The Titans had fought valiantly, but in the end, it did not matter to one such as the god of Death, as he spread his arms open and began his incantation

"A tender are you, who failed to take care of his charge, and thus you are cursed.
    Bound by your true name, the trees are your prison.
    Dorian, Master of the Hunt and perversion of life.
    The plants themselves have forsaken their green joy.
    Thus I hold you fiend, and bind your stagnation for eternity!"

From Dorian's now withered corpse, a small green sphere floats towards the god of Death's ring finger before disappearing too. Looking at his hand, he smiles once more, his plan was nearing completion.

As he fades, Karlinto remains eerily silent.

Nicabod's Sky Fleet

As Nicabod's Goblin Eradication Army is nearing the Goblin Mountains, his flying city is all of a sudden rocked to its core from a powerful blast. This blast was several times more powerful than anything the Goblins ever threw at the Gnomes. The Tyrants had finally intercepted the Gnomish air fleet, and immediately began their attack.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Sky Fleet

The draconic attack was swiftly identified for what it was.

"Undead? Here?! NOW?! What madness is this! Order all citadels to deploy Gold Golems and point weapons up! Shoot them down! Gather up and form a defensive ring! Fast! Fast! Fast!"

Onto the decks of the citadels, large creatures covered in golden markings, but still mainly and visibly made of steel, appeared from underneath, and quickly began unleashing flaming orbs at the Dracoliches.

At the same time, repeating ballistae and schorchers were pointed at the dragons, shooting great bolts and fiery rays at the airborne attackers.

Meanwhile, the five sky citadels moved inexorably closer to one another.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #443
    Pixie in the Playground

Aroha, Elysium

Aroha sat for a long time after the dark goddess had left. What was she to do? How was she to stop this; save her father and all those lives? She needed allies. She was not so foolish as to believe she could accomplish this on her own.

Just that moment, as if some higher being than even herself had known her need, a blue orb came to rest before her.

"Solaron sends his greetings and requests that you meet with him in the Shining Lands to discuss matters of the fate of the world."

Solaron? She had never heard of this Creator...but then there were many she had never met. This was exactly what she needed. If there were others to stand against this peril then there was still hope.

"Tell Solaron I will happily accept his invitation... in fact... you needn't bother delivering the message. I will head there directly."

With that, she disappeared from sight, eager to reach the Shining Lands and meet this Solaron.

Aroha, The Shining Council

Aroha materialized in the center of a large room where the floor was made up of concentric circles, alternating red and white. The place felt light and warm, much like her own home... and nothing like the desolate wasteland the world had become. She found herself smiling and hoping upon hope that she would find the help she needed here. She could feel the presence of another Creator in the room and turn towards it.

"I am Aroha, the Lady of Mercy. I come seeking Solaron."

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

The Golden Lantern recognizes the presence of yet another creator. He notices the weeping goddess before him and says, "Greetings! I am Solaron, the Shining one. I have sent my heralds throughout all the universe, seeking those who would help me defeat the horrid Destroyer who ate the my parent and its accomplices that killed to one who had formed it. Five other gods and I have come together and devised a plan to restore light and heat to this world before it freezes in darkness. The others have left to work on their aspect of this plan. We have formed a pact to stand unified against any who would seek to harm creation for their own gain. Will you join us in this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    rollover: ap: 5=2+3(rollover)

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Ichmod, The Scrying Chamber of Heliopolis

Clearly what the Ironmaster had to do was most unusual.

A spark of energy and the grind of gears erupted in the air of the scrying chamber, and from a gashin the air fell Ichmod, sitting upon a rock, staring at Enki.

"Hello friend! I noticed you were scrying on our meeting. You should have dropped by... It would have been fun! Big project, as you know, don't you agree? We will make a new Sun!"

The Iron Gnome is... Strangely friendly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: 3+4 AP = 7 AP
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-27 at 08:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #446
    Bugbear in the Playground

Staunen Harbor, Progress

As the humans disembarked from their ships and began unloading their "cargo", they are approached a strange figure - swathed completely in what appeared to be blankets, the newcomer's form and features were completely hidden hidden. However, it seemed to be a little taller that a human, and moved with an oddly fluid gait that would suggest more than two legs to a keen observer.

Lenku glowed out from behind his goggles at the strange beings... they were, he noted, not at all uniform in shape - most were sturdily built, and seemed to have a suicidal disdain for the cold. He also noted that, oddly enough, all of those appeared to be male.

But there were others as well - resembling in many ways the group that Lenku had started to think of as the leaders - some were slender creatures with skin that ranged from ivory to jet. Others were stout beings, with dark skin and hair (although he though he might have spotted one with golden tresses - he couldn't be sure). Stranger still were the smaller humanoids - some with a bristly greenish hide and others who appeared to have skin of smelted metal - the two types glowered at each other hatefully whenever their eyes met.

The Saerite scout wondered what could have brought such a diverse group together... then he saw the chains. He stared at them for a moment, thinking that his eyes must be deceiving him. Chains? On... fellow beings? He knew nothing about these newcomers, but anyone who saw fit to chain together fellow sentient beings seemed... unwholesome, to say the least.

His outrage mounted as the tall, sturdy leaders lined the chained peoples up and began marching down the street. Their apparent leader - notably larger and stronger than the rest - began to shout something in a foreign tongue. The words were unintelligible, but from his gestures it was clear that he was making some sort of... sales pitch.

It is at this point that Lenku chose to reveal himself - the heat in the wires built into his suit would only last ten more minutes, at most, and there was an entrance to the Complex in a warehouse on this street.

Unsure how these... Barbarians... would react, the Saerite hesitantly places his hands above his head to show that he is unarmed. He does his best to communicate, gesturing towards the warehouse (the only lit building on the street) and hoping the strangers will follow him inside. He moves towards the building, glancing back to see if they are following, and waiting if need be.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Unless one of the humans stops him, Lenku will lead them to the council chambers, to an audience with Isabella and her court. As seen with the Faeli, the language barrier is a bit of a problem with Saerites (no Tongues), so the conversation can either be carried in pantomime or a human can sit down and attempt to teach the language to the saerites - there are some very bright linguistics researchers who have been preparing for just such an occasion - they could probably get a working knowledge in a few hours - nothing to write books with, but enough to get by with a business transaction.

The complex is actually mostly above ground, but the walls are think and insulated, and special hallways have been built to allow access from one building to another. The whole place is heated by the dimly glowing red heating coils wound throughout it, and light bulbs are responsible for most of the lighting.

The Saerite Expedition, Tunnels Beneath Hope

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I resolved with Hatred that the blot event simply ended with the blot moving on its own way and the saerites in theirs - neither of us really had any idea where it was going. I didn't really see a need to make another post consisting of an awkward "Well, goodbye Mr. Blot." - just assume it was dignified and entirely reasonable.

"And so... let me get this straight... you have no magic? At all?"

Drofiel was chatting amiably with Jules - in saerite, as well. His powers may have forsaken him, but the saerites quickly found that he had retained his nimble intelligence, and he had made a quick study. His injuries had even healed enough to allow him to start weapon practice - his previous experience had been with a blade and shield, and he found himself unaccustomed to the pole-arms favored by saerite troops.

Jules chuckled at the statement - it was the fourth or fifth time the angel had asked the question. "No, no, and no again. Until we arrived at Hope and began talking to these Faeli, no one had even heard of these... magics. You make them sound so mysterious and vague - I'm certain that a new science shall be devoted to studying them when we return to Progress."

The confidence in his voice was unwavering - it had been months since their retreat Below - had it not been for the advice of the bizarre umbral creature, they likely would have starved some time ago. Their ships were abandoned, their supplies were all but gone, they were tired, frightened, and alone. The faeli amongst them had thankfully eased off their utter terror of the underground, but they still jumped at shadows whenever the expedition moved to a new tunnel complex. And of course, the surface was a frozen wasteland devoid of life. All this, and Jules did not doubt for a second that they would return triumphant to Progress. Drofiel was impressed.

And so the procession moved on, ever deeper into the bowels of the Underdark. The differences between saerite and faeli had all but dissolved - the common dialect around camp was a slap-dash mix of the two tongues. Jules laughed and beckoned Liaria over to his segment of the marching column - they knew not what they were walking into, but they knew that they would do so together.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: AP 4 : 0 + 4 (Rollover)
    Well, technically its past midnight... I just did it so I wouldn't have to tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Thri-Kreen "Scientists" The Colony

The Thri-Kreen had been overjoyed at the creation of the ship, and it had been sent off with a small crew to seek out new lands. But the creation of the ship left them troubled. The Thri-Kreen did not truly know what to expect from the Frehernite ore. It seemed to be working as they'd hoped, better in fact! But it's predilection for changing them was worrying, and the Thri-Kreen wondered upon this. Perhaps, there was a way to take the abilities of Frehernite... and to separate them. To dilute, or to purify them, to enhance it's magical aspects, without focusing on it's mutagenic properties, or to focus the changeling properties as they saw fit. The Thri-Kreen began to work on this problem, procuring willing lesser Thri-Kreen and Formians to work with. Over time the Thri-Kreen began to test frehernite using various materials, observing techniques from across Despair, and creating some of their own they worked with various metals and substances of the underground world, working out how to separate various materials and properties from eachother, and using these things on frehernite to divine it's true capabilities and aspects. They began to solve many problems, they even figured out how to turn one metal that had been used in the creation of some weapons but was poisonous if introduced to the bloodstream, into a different metal that was much softer, and glittered a dark yellow color that was rather beautiful even in the dark. The Thri-Kreen recalled that various races valued this material, and so carefully recorded the process used, but it was not what they had been after, and so back to work they went.

They even began to test the Frehernite on their volunteers, they introduced different doses in a variety of different ways. Grinding it into paste to be ingested or rubbed into the skin, putting it in something edible, surgically implanting it. The Thri-Kreen began to explore the possibilities of Frehernite to alter the body, and despite numerous failures and setbacks, they came about a few successes. The first was a Thri-Kreen, with constant exposure to Frehernite introduced through the skin and the stomach, it had begun to grow large and bloated. At first the Thri-Kreen feared it would be another failure, but eventually it began to stabilize and normalize, and the result was a large, powerful creature that outstripped even the largest of their warriors. Sadly, it was greatly reduced in intelligence and retained much of it's independence, but they found it was intelligent enough to be controlled, and so began to create more. They also made something from a Formian. By surgically implanting Frehernite in key locations, it's body and mind slowly began to change. It retained it's clannish hive mentality, but it grew bloodthirsty and cruel delighting in fighting and death. It lost it's unusual lower body, changing much like the Thri-Kreen, and it's eyes began to glow a disturbing green. Despite it's obvious signs of maliciousness it was a loyal and capable combatant. The last was created from giant centipedes. Fed a diet of food sprinkled with Frehernite it began to grow to massive proportions, it's features and limbs shifting an changing. It even developed the curious ability to increase it's own body heat by huge leaps and bounds! Unfortunately it was not as easy to tame as the last two, and the frehernite had made it more carnivorous and aggressive, the Thri-Kreen were forced to keep it locked away and fed until they could tame it, though they were sure they could find a way...

Spoiler
    Show
    6AP=9AP-1AP Teach Populous: Alchemy -2AP Create Populous: Umber Hulk, Mezzo, Rhemoraz
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Darrmoon, The Dining Table

Darrmoon's massive gut gurgled. The expression on Darrmoon's face could be explained as distressed. Suddenly a echo of laughter came from the massive gluttonous God's gut.

"hehe OHHAHAH haha uvee he mmm HA HA muha hehehehehehe HA!"

The massive eyes of Darrmoon looked at his own gut. Then two pointed shoes burst forth, blood and bile flying everywhere as two long stringy legs followed the pointed shoes out of the gut of the massive gluttonous God. Following the long legs a almost cheerful music and the demented laughter as the two feet found ground and a torso slowly rose from the cavity they had created. Two long string-like arms waved about the sides of the darkened striped body of the creature that had freed itself from Darrmoon.

"HAH HAH HAH HAH heheh muahhhaa HAHAHAHAH"

The creature's string-like body righting itself to be topped by a long face, on this face black paint made a grim smile over the creature's mouth. In the middle a large ball made it's nose, the color of dried blood. The creature looked down at Darrmoon.

"Hehhe, Pathetic Darrmoon. I am the Mumbles. Howdo? heheheheheh"

The clown held out one hand and a bunch of flowers flowed from this 'Mumbles' hand.

"Hehe, Eat this, and you will do my bidding...and you will be....hehehe...A fool...heheheh for a fool!"

Mumbles broke out in a rippling roaring laughter. Pulling with his other hand a top hat out and placing it on his long head. Then he tossed the flowers into the maw of the Powerful Darrmoon. Darrmoon did something he had never done before. He spit out an offered meal. His eyes narrowed and he stood. The gaping hole was now more like an extra mouth.

"NONE CAN CONTROL HUNGER!"

Darrmoon jumped forward to tackle Mumbles, who just started the laugh. His laughter warped space around them creating an almost tent-like surrounding around them. Rings of fire appears. And Mumbles grinned.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls of all ages. We have a rare treat for you tonight! hehehe, We have the monster known as Darrmoon to jump DANGEROUS rings of fire...and hopefully...hehehe...he will die!"

Mumbles laughed, chuckled, guffawed as Darrmoon ate ring after ring moving quickly to Mumbles. Who simply moved backwards leaving behind another ring of fire. Mumbles had the upper hand and he knew it. Darrmoon was just a bit of pre-world domination entertainment. The Dark Carnival would rise again, and Darrmoon would help Mumbles bring it.

"hehe, Enough fire! Time to tame this lion! HOHOHOHOHOHO"

Mumbles pulled a whip out of thin air and cracked it. Darrmoon fell the the ground. The whole of the plane was now under the Dark Jester's power. Halflings were in the stands wearing clown make-up like Mumbles own. Mumbles looked at Darrmoon laying on the ground and cracked his whip again.

"Sit up, hehe"

Darrmoon sat up helplessly. Mumbles began to laugh most dementedly. And cracked his whip again.

"Open your mouth.....heh heh heh...."

Darrmoon slowly, seeming to resist opened his giant maw to Mumbles thinking this to be the last thing his free will would allow him to do. Time was over for Darrmoon, Mumbles would have his slave.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, hehehe I will now demonstrate that any person, no matter who they are, hehehe will submit to the powers of JOY! UVEEE HO HO HOHO!"

Mumbles slowly stuck his head into the Great Maw of Darrmoon, laughing as he did so. Enjoying the surge of power he had over the gluttonous god. Mumbles had made a mistake, Darrmoon was a GOD. The Divine could fight even the most powerful of controls, if they exerted themselves. Darrmoon was going to do just that. CHOMP! GULP! No more laughter. Darrmoon couldn't stand it anymore. The hungry God decided not to eat the head of his foe, as he was not sure if that could make him into that abomination. He simply spit it out. Darrmoon laid down. He was tired, and hungry after that battle.

"I hunger, BRING ME A MEAL!"

To be continued........
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-06-27 at 11:26 AM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

29. - Top - End - #449
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The Vagabonds, Despair

They traveled far, in ships and caravans, heading south and thanking the Trickster for his guidance. They did not despair of his absence--he was a trickster god, and he valued those who were strong of their own accord. And so they continued, singing of his cleverness.

So they passed from Hope to Despair, and they made camp on their first night there, and they sang songs of the Trickster and of their heroes. And some of them asked if their god could enter these new lands they had found.

Then their leader, the sorcerer Ionut, said, "The Trickster always walks among us. Is he not the magic we use? Is he not the wind's laughter and the uncounted stars?"

And they laughed and said that it was so. But some of them felt that their music felt empty and cold, and that they would die in these cold, dark lands.

Celis, The Void

The Void pleased Celis. It was a free place. And he entertained himself by creating for himself a home. It would be a land of chaos, an endless land that was nevertheless finite, a place where time and gravity and magic made no sense.

He filled his home with trees and forest creatures, with springs and marshes and sacred clearings, with wildflowers and with wild nettles, but felt it missing. "The mortal lands are full of things! But here it feels empty." And he watched as a woodpecker pounded a hole in a tree, and he laughed, and his laughter took form in this strange place to become the pixies. "Come, then! You shall be as magical as I am, and learn to laugh and to be merry, and to spread your merriment to others, and fill this land with laughter. And so that you shall never grow bored," he said, "I will give you a way into the lands of the mortals, where you may play your tricks on them there."

And he looked into the world and saw that his people, the Vagabonds, had traveled far from what was once their homes. "And you shall ever be the friends of the Chosen of the Trickster. Come! I will show you the Trickster's Vale, and raise you up a Queen." So he laughed, and the Vagabonds heard his laughter in the winds and the rain, and he opened a path to Despair.

Celis, Despair

Celis and his pixies stepped into the material plane, a remote valley in a sparse forest. "Come, my children. Let us create the Trickster's Vale together!" He shaped the land into a reflection of his own plane--mundane, but filled with twisting paths where the Chosen of the Trickster could ambush and play tricks on their foes. And he made a spring at the center, where his mother's kin, the nymphs, could play. But the river that flowed into it, he made into a poison that would make all who drink from it fall into a deep sleep and forever lose their memory.

And he lured the Vagabonds to his home with music and dancing lights and said to them, "See! I have made for you a safe place. Though you will ever wander, the Trickster's Vale will always be here for you!" And he laughed long and bright, and they praised the Trickster for his cleverness. "But this is not a safe world! I shall make guardians that will protect this place from wrong, and as I promised, a Queen shall preside over the Trickster's Vale, and with me in my home, the Endless Court of the Laughing God. For I am the Trickster! What I say is always true!"

And so he took the mightiest of the oak trees in the forest and he awoke their spirits by tickling them with feathers, and he called them dryads. And from the Vagabonds he chose a select few and taught them to dance, and to ever remain in the defense of the Trickster's Vale, even as their kin wandered the world and brought his song to all corners.

And he taught all of them the paths through the winding wood, until he led them to the spring at its heart, where the way to the Endless Court of the Laughing God stood open. And he leapt naked into the spring, and all of his children had a wild revel there. And from the raucous divine laughter there arose a queen, tall and beautiful, with a crown of wild roses and a dress made of spring leaves. And she was called Rodica, Queen of the Fairies, Bride of the Laughing God. From the laughter of the pixies and the dryads and the Vagabonds there came the satyrs, wild and impulsive.

"Behold your Queen! Your god rests." cried Celis, and in a whirl of ash keys departed the material plane. There were other gods, and he wanted them to see his brilliance. He wanted to hear them laugh.

Celis, The Shining Council
    (OOC: I hope you don't mind me dropping in like this! I can always just not if it is a problem.)

Celis emerged from the material plane with a flourish, and laughed on seeing the gods. "Ah! Gods! Hello! I am Celis, the Trickster!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Busy day!
    Actions:
    AP: 18 + 2 (rollover) = 20
    Raise mortal hero (Ionut, Sorcerer 6)
    Create Plane (Endless Court of the Laughing God); -3 = 17
    Create populace (pixies, dryads, satyrs); - 2 = 15
    Create organization (shadowdancers); - 2 = 13
    Mold land (The Trickster's Vale); -1 = 12
    Nourish land; -1 = 11
    Beget DR 1 god; - 5 = 6
    Create portal (connecting the Endless Court to the Trickster's Vale); -2 = 4
    Choose home: the Endless Court of the Laughing God

The Endless Court has the following traits:
    Objective Directional Gravity (usually towards the nearest object)
    Erratic Time
    Self-Contained Shape (flat)
    Divinely Morphic (the Trickster)
    Strongly Chaos-aligned
    Wild Magic

Rodica is DR 1. She has the Chaos domain and the Passion Domain and is a Sorcerer 8/Wild Mage 10. (EDIT: and if new gods start with portfolios, she gains the portfolio of Revelry.)

Final AP: 4

EDITED to tweak AP.
    Last edited by dr.cello; 2010-06-27 at 01:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Solaron pauses is his musings about the Sun to Be to address this newcomer. "Welcome to the Shining Council. All are welcome here. WE are about to undertake a great endeavor: to create a new sun so that the land does not perish in this dark cold. If you would help us in this, we would be grateful. Simply swear by your power the oath that binds us all together and read the scroll along the wall to learn of what is being planned and find your own way to contribute. We shall all come to the aid of each other should the need arise."

Solaron then has his attendant herald, Red administer the oath if this new god feels like joining.

Suddenly, inspiration struck! of course! That's how to do it!