New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

Algidus, Hope

He played, and he played, unceasingly through the activities of the other gods, but yet taking notice of their works. None really caught his fancy anyway, but it was nice to know what was going on after all. He noticed the Faeli people being created, noticed the birds appear, and the nymphs. Saw other planes being spawned around him, and saw his weather enduring around it. It was pleasing.

Still, more was desired, and knew he would need better to endure in this world. So, he took from the others, and twisted them to his purpose.

From the Faeli, he saw they were fair, but cold. He taught them to create igloo, as a protection from the chill. He exacted a toll for such knowledge, though, and twisted two into the progenitors of the Arctic Faeli, making them breed true, with innate protection from the cold, and heartier, but less deft than before.

The birds...Well, he wasn't sure what to do with them yet, but they were so quiet. Music seemed fitting, and he tweaked them ever so slightly until birdsong filled the air.

And then his first creation, clouds...Incomplete, he decided. Who else better to protect than the omnipresent clouds? So he formed the raw air into corporeal form, whirling masses, and formed massive and majestic silver beasts with frigid breath who could dwell in the clouds as well.

Godly Actions:
    Teach Faeli: Building, create sub-race, create races (cloud dwellers: Silver Dragons, Air Elementals)
    AP 16-4=12

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Darrmoon, The Abyss

The massive maw turned to the Lady of the Abyss, then seemed to shrug and turn away from her to the creatures of the abyss. He opened his hungry mouth and scooped some of the creatures into it.

"I am Darrmoon, I eat ALL!"

A massive belch came from the creature's mouth sending a shock wave through the plane. A gate opened and the massive creature moved forward seeming to eat reality. Then, he entered the portal.

Darrmoon, the Dining Table

A massive chamber had just came into being, in the middle of the chamber a large wooden table set with chairs and filled to the brim with foodstuffs. Vegetables, fruits, differently prepared creatures of the world. Fried Aboleth, Grilled Dire Birds, Illithid tendrils over pasta with white sauce. Small humaniod creatures constantly brining more food out wearing little black and white suits and shiny shoes. The little creatures were cooking the food in a corner and bringing it the dining table constantly.

Darrmoon entered the great chamber and his stomach growled as he grabbed a massive arm full of the foodstuffs stuffing it in his massive maw.

"That....abomination will not stop me from eating as I wish to eat."

Darrmoon waved his massive arm, flinging some of the foodstuffs across the room. The walls of the reality of the Dining Table, broke down and Darrmoon grinned as his Dining Table appeared in the Abyss. The massive maw smiled at the Lady of the Abyss, a tendril squirming in the corner of his mouth.

"This is my home now, so...you get out!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Create Plane (The Dining Table) : 3
    Create Populous (Halflings): 2
    Create portal (Two Way, Dining Table and Abyss): 2
    Shift Land (Dining Table to the Abyss): 2
    Create Portal (Manafist Zone The Dining Table and the Abyss as the Same thing): 2

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Goglas View Post
    Enki, Hope
    He smiled again, showing no ill-will towards Artis, and greeting for the first time Nedain and the avatar of some god.
    "So, where would you like to keep this Artifact of Life?"
    "Secret it safe in some distant land, where no foul eye and hand may ruin the restful dead."

Nedain faced Artis, Shaper of Faeli and Craft. Anger churned within her, but she controlled it. The creator Nedain loved was slow to act, but she still clung to Hope. She was not the one to question the gods.

"Shaper," said she, "The vengeful dead are not natural. Another god must have set them loose. May its heart be separated from its body..."
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2010-04-28 at 03:09 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sam, Hope

Sam went back to his mountain after looking at the vengeful dead and their actions. As he travelled he saw the silver dragons and started to think about them. Once he got to the mountain his thoughts of the dragons stopped as he made up his mind. Though he couldn't think of the creatures that he wanted to share HIS ship with he could still create the creatures that would want to share the sky like Sam did.

He got the ship to start chasing one of the silver dragons. He hunted it down and killed it and transported it to Sam's mountain. Once their he seperated the flesh from the blood. The skin turned into kobolds dedicated to going to the sky in order to join their parents. The blood turned into the dwarves, dedicated to proving their craft by going to the sky.

Sam saw them both as good and with a wave of his hand he turned the surrounding land into places where they could get the needed resources required for the creatures to create their ships or any other flying contraption

Sam sent a herald to Algidus to say. "I hope you don't mind me taking one of your dragons, magnificent beasts, I needed one for my plan."

AP = 7 = 12 - Create: Dwarves (2) - Create Kobolds (2) - Mold land (1)
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2010-04-29 at 10:24 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dorian, The Void

As the world became more and more populated, by plants and animals, their collective consciousness cried out for a protector from the divine energies flying about in the world.

And one stepped forth.

Pulling himself forth from the void, Dorian stepped into the utter darkness that surrounded him, almost as if a surface was there. He smiled. "Quite a few options here. Better get to work." He looked about the Void, and saw nothing. "This... is not where my charges are. I wonder..." Peering through the Void, he saw the Material Plane, and laughed. "Ah, so they are there." He took a step to travel to the world, and promptly rebounded against the barrier between worlds.

Confused, he tried again. He rebounded against the barrier once more, and shook his head. "If the world does not want my physical form there, so be it. I shall send a proxy." Dorian raised his hands and spent his divine energy to create an avatar upon the world.

A large tree erupted from the ground as Dorian stepped into the world. The tree was the greatest in all of Hope, standing meters above the others. Dorian looked around from his new vantage point. Even though the world had trees and animals, it was lacking in... something... The bark on the old tree cracked open to reveal too deep-set, blue eyes. Suddenly, the tree shrank down to the size of a man, and then took Dorian's shape. He looked around. He saw some big game, but not a lot.

He was not satisfied in this first forest. He knelt down to the ground, and whispered something to the cool, fresh soil. Suddenly, small plants and animals sprang from the point, erupting in a tsunami of green that overwhelmed the forest, causing even the greatest of the trees to shake and bend, ruffling the hair of the forest.

Satisfied at what he had done, Dorian retired from the divine magic for a while, just strolling through the forest. He whistled as he went along.

Spoiler
    Show

20 AP- 3(Create Avatar)-2(Create Populace: Small creatures)-1(Nourish Land)= 14 AP.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Aevum (Avatar), Hope
    Aevum looked from the two gods and eyed the artifact. Usually keeping to himself, he was unacustomed to dealing with others. He rubbed his head where the Faeli had grabbed him. It was only for a few seconds but the mortal had actually managed to cause him some minor pain. "Interesting..." he mused, stroking his chin and watching those around him. He knew not if they realized that he was not one of them, and nor did he particularly care to inform them.

"It would be unwise..." he mused, "to keep it on this plane." He looked at the sphere, "None of the gods claims complete dominion here, so there is nothing to stop the one who created these dead from striking again and seeking to claim it." He took a seat on a large boulder and continued to stroke his chin absentmindedly as he thought.

"It appears to me, that although there is great power, it is not without its limits." He mused, more to himself than anyone in particular. "Shaping the land, creating the Faeli, all of the marvels they'd created would certainly have drained a signifigant portion of that power." He looked at the sky, watching the clouds as they rolled across the sky, his sun shining down on the land.

"Perhaps, it would be prudent to entrust the sphere to my care." He said, sanding slowly, "I have already created another plane sealed against all with evil in thier hearts." He smiled, "I am sure my guardians would be more than sufficient to protect it should my wards be compromised."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Artis

The goddess examined the altered orb for a moment. Artistically, she didn't like that her creation had been altered. As an artisan, however, she saw the addition as being practically beneficial. Still... "I'll need all the strength I can muster to prevent this death god from defiling my devoted any further. Still, how could I trust my creations to another god without the risk of them taking the strength they offer?"

Before any of the deities present could object to her question, Artis holds up a finger. "Unless, that is, a pantheon is formed, so that strength might be shared and the devoted might be more easily tended to."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enki, Hope

"A distant land it is then," said the water god, The Artifact of Life floating above his outstretched hand. "Show us to this plane of yours, and these guardians you speak of, avatar."
    "There, we shall see if a bond can truly be made between us."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra: The Dining Room

The being that stepped into the newly formed plane was not the massive thing that had lurked in the abyss. Instead she was in a visage that this world had not yet remembered... human. Tall and pale of skin, with long black hair and ample curves. Hers was the sort of form that drove men to lust and women to envy... though the lord of this place likely cared not for such things. She was near twice the height of the diminutive servant folk of Darrmoon, water still dripping from her body as she strode towards the lord of this place on bare feet.

You are a creator as well. She spoke in a strangely silken voice, Perhaps we do have something we may speak over.

The barest hint of a smile crossed her face as she gazed about.

I am Asharra, gluttonous one. And we are not the only creators that exist in this place. She told him, Each of them will create whole worlds of life for you to sate your appetite upon.

She raised her hand and channeled energy through herself... a far more difficult process outside her home realm. Slowly, a seam in the air itself at the far end of the plane shifted open... finally settling in the form of a large, sealed iron door covered in glowing runes of power.

That leads to a whole world teeming with life for you to devour. But be warned... there are those there who would likely seek to see you starve. She told Darrmoon with a satisfied smirk, All I ask in return is that you remember this gift. I may have need of your aid in the future.

-----------------------------

Divine Action: Create Portal (Dining Room - Material Plane) 2 points

(This is of course, assuming Darrmoon doesn't seek to block this action. If so, PM me please and we can work something out, then I'll edit my post)
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

10. - Top - End - #40

Dorian tread lightly through the world. His footsteps left few marks as he beheld the wonders he had created. The forest was finally alive. There was still something... off though. Though there were many birds, squirrels, rabbits, rats, and even a few larger creatures, like deer, they had no foil. They just breed and ate, stripping the forest of leaves and berries. Dorian sighed. Something would have to be done about this.

Suddenly, a bright idea popped into his head. Predators. Hunters, to control the animal population. He smiled. Finally, the forest would be right. He moved through the forest, touching a few creatures. They all transformed into fearsome, intelligent hunters- bears, wolves, cougars, and the like. Some ran off, out of the forest, to deliver the same touch to creatures who had adapted to the planes or the mountains. Dorian laughed as the world turned, and his predators ran amok.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Void

The red cloud continued to churn in the endless void. Sure it kept sending any souls it could find back to the material plane, but it knew that it wasn't enough. The entity looked around, and upon spotting a bunch of asteroids wandering aimlessly around the Void, a terrible idea entered it's mind.

"This world needs a symbol... a reminder of the mortality of all and a portend of the end to come."

Of course, before the entity could execute its plan, it had to cause more of a diversion. Looking back on the material plane, it seemed that while the restless spirits had caused some chaos, things were calming down... this would not do at all. The red cloud starts to focus... so much death in the world... it was greatly pleased... and yet... if one was to look carefully, one could find death in the most unusual places.

It was night in the Material Plane, the blackness of night was thick over the battlefield were once the living fought against against the souls of the dead. Peace and quiet had once again been regained mostly thanks to the divine intervention of the other deities. And yet... that night... something felt wrong... perhaps it was the oppressive mist that lingered upon the battlefield? Or perhaps it was the simple notion that so many had perished on this very spot. But in the end, things had worked out for the living though... after all, the process of reincarnation had diminished the vengeful spirits to the point that they no longer posed a threat to the living... and yet something felt so wrong...

All of a sudden, the silence is broken, as a faint sound can be heard... as if something was clawing at the ground. As the night progressed, the sound was getting louder until the mortals witnessed a new macabre sight. At first it was but one bony hand, erupting from the ground and pulling up a rotting corpse, pure malice in it's eyes. As more corpses of varying decomposition started rising from battlefields and graveyards the message was very clear; the dead walked once more to haunt the living.

Back in the void, the red cloud looked at its work and was satisfied with the chaos that would follow. It should give it enough time to prepare the first phase of its plan. And thus, the entity begins to stretch itself, gathering the various rocks floating about in the Void and putting them together, until in the end, the entity had created what mortals would eventually call as "The Moon."

"I'm not done with you yet..." The entity looking at the newly formed moon still had one more thing to do "...I need you... to live..." and with that the red cloud breaths upon the moon, giving it a limited form of sentience. Satisfied for now, the entity poured itself onto the barren land of the moon, claiming it as its own.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC

AP 16= 18-2, Create Populace, the living dead; Skeletons ,Zombies & Ghouls
    AP 13= 16-3, Create Plane (To be named later, for now its just the Moon)

Planar Traits;
    Negative Energy Plane,
    Heavy Gravity
    Flowing Time
    Self-Contained Shape
    Sentient
    Strongly Chaotic Aligned

(I'll describe more how the Moon works when someone does the mistake of visiting it)

"Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Abyss and Dining Table, Darrmoon

The massive incarnation of hunger grinned at the misshaped creature of madness. His bulk moving forward to the portal, his gaping maw chewing on a bit of aberration as he moved. Picking up a handful of halflings and munching on them.

"This will do. I see much food there."

Darrmoon entered the portal, to where he goes? Read on dummy.

The Material Plane, Undead Outbreak and Darrmoon

Darrmoon, the massive creature of hunger roared at the taste of the rotting flesh of the unliving. It was a taste that was almost as empty as nothing. He growled and picked a single creature of the unliving up and spit upon it.

"EAT SOMETHING! You must be full to fill my needs."

Dropping the animated corpse Darrmoon roared out the being began eating carrion, plants, anything to fill it's hunger now instilled upon it. Darrmoon's own hunger. Only the flesh of the sentient could quell the hunger instilled into the undead. At first one, then the rest. The god of death may have created them, but Darrmoon gave them hunger. Darrmoon looked into the world. If these creatures would be lacking flavor, and hence the power to fill him. All creatures may have that same fatal flaw. Darrmoon was saddened.

"Waiter!"

A single halfling coward forward to Darrmoon.

"Y-yes, sir?"

"Make the world hunger! Bring me FOOD!!! Food that hungers as I do!"

"At once sir! We shall teach them to hunger."

Darrmoon spared that single waiter, along with a small staff to go out into the world. The gaping maw of hunger and gluttony sat on the material plane eating what living he could find. Soon the undead he had shown the power of hunger began to feed on him, and he on them. A perversion of the idea of consumption.

Spoiler
    Show
    Teach populous (Undead learn Unquelling Hunger): 1

Balance = 13 AP
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-04-29 at 08:17 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

Void

Forces shift about, invisible to the eye, collecting in pools, creating forces of great power. Power emanated from Hope, and burned ever brighter.

Dwarven lands, Hope

Urist Bershukar has been ecstatic lately. He talked with a friend recently. He admired a vein of mysterious metal recently. He was satisfied with work recently.

He is the creator of the Adamant Blade. He is a dubious worshiper of Sam. He likes copper, granite, and cats for their aloofness. He likes to consume plump helmets.

He feels like he could be drinking something other than water, but he isn't sure what it could be.

Like many dwarves, Urist Bershukar has a strong urge to reach the sky.

Nedain, Hope

What was once transparent had taken a more physical form. Flesh and bone cannot split like mist and image. Nedain did not grow weak with rest, for she prepared the minds and bodies of her people against the tides of vengeful dead. The Shaper guided them, lent power when called, yet let her children prove themselves with Nedain at the forefront.

"Blasphemous darkness, the light of our will shall cast you out!" said Nedain.

These were times of unrest. The Faeli did not rest, nor did the vengeful dead. These early battles defined the world. Events like rungs on a ladder extending to the true destiny.

--------------
    3ap Raise Divine Rank (6 to 7)
    Raise Mortal Hero (Urist Burshukar)
    1ap Mold Land (Adamantine within the earth)
    3ap Create Artifact (Adamant Blade)
    3ap Create Concept (Divine Power) (Clerics and Paladins)

3 AP = 13 - 3 - 1 - 3 - 3
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra: The Dining Room

Asharra watched the great-mawed god leave to sate it's hunger upon the material plane. She glanced about curiously after it left. It had created for itself a pocket within her lightless realm... though she could still sense that it was her home they were a part of. Curious. What's more, upon entering it she had assumed a form that felt strangely natural to her. Her memories only went back as far as the void. Why then, did this pale, pink body feel so familiar.

That she would ponder later. For now, she wished to alter her home. If this Darrmoon would reside here, it would be as she willed it. Calling to the void around her, she forced this realm to move. Up and up it rose, until at long last it broke a surface that was not there before. She shaped large islands of jagged black stone, and placed this new realm atop the largest. The light of the festhall shone out in the darkness of her realm, and was the only means by which her domain was lit. So long as no light reached the depths of her realm below... she was content with that.

There was more to be done, however. Striding across the rocky ground, Asharra crouched at the water's edge and called out for her children. To the surface came several dozen Tsochari, which she pulled from the water with a faint smile.

You will be my eyes here. She told them, in the voice of their true mother, Claim the bodies of these beings... but only some. Then play his servants, as they do. I will call for you if I need you.

Under her command, the Tsochari crawled to land, seeking the bodies of halflings to claim as their own. She allowed only a few dozen to do so, covering up the act with her sorcery to leave the other servants none the wiser of the things lurking in their midst.

Content for now, she stepped through the portal she had created as well... thinking it time that she explore what the others had created in her absence.

Asharra: Hope (The Material Plane)

The moment she emerged from the potal, the sun assaulted her with the burning fury of it's light. Even in her humanoid form it pained her and burned her eyes, the clouds overhead doing little to prevent it. Recoiling from the light, she could see nothing... and stumbled about through the snow seeking a place to conceal herself from the burning light. With Darrmoon long gone from the portal site, she was blind and alone...

What found her first... was the dead. The shrieking spectre of some mortal being came for her... thinking it had found an isolated victim to spend it's wrath upon. Letting out a scream that echoed through the snow-crested trees, it lunged at her and tore at her soft, bare skin with it's spectral hands. While the cold bothered her not, it's touch course with a foul energy that sought to tear the life from her. Weakened by the sun, she staggered away from the spirit, hesitant to blindly destroy it before she understood what it was.

Her salvation came in the form of a Faeli warrior named Elarion, attracted by the shrieks of the angry spirit. Leaping into the fray without hesitation, he cleft the spirit with his blade, drawing it's attention from the seemingly helpless woman. For several tense moments he faced the spirit, dodging it's deadly touch and striking at it with his blade... until finally he struck a deep and telling blow across it and it faded from the world with a scream of rage.

Are you all right? He asked her, only now stopping to examine the woman that he had saved.

She was a being like he had never seen... similar to him in appearance, but lush and pink and bare. Why she was wandering through the snow alone so far from any of the settlements he did not know. She was recoiling as if in pain... and he was concerned that the spirit had harmed her... as she refused to look up at him.

Instead, she thrust her hands downwards into the earth... which yawned open beneath them... the ground swallowing them both at her unspoken command, until they stood entire in darkness. Elarion recoiled in fear as darkness surrounded him, raising his blade defensively at where he imagined the woman to be.

What are you? He demanded of her.

I am Asharra. She told him in a silken voice, And my gratitude is yours.

The darkness grew thick about him as he heard her step forward, making it hard for him to find air... and his limbs grew weak. His blade clattered to the stone beneath him as he prayed his death would be swift.

I will not kill you. She answered him, as if he had spoken his thoughts aloud, In this world, I am weak. The light pains me. You will help me, and I will reward you in ways you can only imagine.

A wave of compulsion rushed over him, and gone was his fear of her... replaced instead by a deep and consuming desire. He would do anything to serve her.

Yes. He spoke, enthralled, Anything for you, my lady.

-----------------------------

To be continued when I have more time to write!

Divine actions:
    Shape Land 1 pt (I'm not sure if I NEED to spend this to alter the abyss, since it's my realm and Divinely morphic, but I'll assume I do for fairness sake. Besides, she did move Darrmoon's realm, even if she didn't change anything about it. The Abyss now has a surface and barren, rocky islands.)

The rest of her actions are the result of normal, non-deity level spells... like dig and emotion. So I'll guess they're free in AP costs. Although I do have big plans for things in my next post.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Artis, Hope

Artis felt something... off. Stowing the Sphere of Reconstruction, she points the other deities toward where the battle was taking place. "As much as I'd like to sit and chat, mine is a philosophy of moving forward. So, if you gentlemen are going to insist on contemplating your navels, I have matters to address."

<Dimension Door!> Artis was suddenly at Nedain's side, examining the battlefield. Some shambling undead were approaching, but the Shaper was quick to remedy the situation. Arcane sigils drawing themselves in the air around her pointing finger, a chain of electric bolts strike the shambling dead in the immediate area down. "My apologies for not having a more active role in the conflict. More evils have come to my attention, and hopefully I can turn them on one another. For now, I'll do what I can."

With a wave of her hand, the battlefield changed. The dying and wounded were healed, the unrisen spirits were put to rest, and the unrisen dead transformed into new trees. With the Faeli warriors replenished and the hungry dead robbed of sustenance, the battle was renewed. By the time Nedain could speak, however, her goddess was gone again.

Artis, the Moon

Protective runes circled the air around Artis, arcane magic protecting her against the most immediate effects of the environment. In one hand, she held her forge hammer. In the other, a simple brick. Standing on the air several hundred feet above the moon's surface, she awaited the attention of the deity that created the plane.

Actions: Nourish Faeli, Pestilence on Undead
    AP: 8

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enki, Hope

"Hey!" was all he could say before the Keeper of the Circle of Life snatched the Artifact from his hand and disappeared. "How rude."

"Well then!" Enki said to the avatar, "Apparently her own idea of a pantheon did not really suit her. I suppose we shall have to 'contemplate our navels' at some other time."
    The water god looked at his belly-button, and did not understand what kind of contemplation one can have on such a thing.
    He shook his head and decided he shall have to ask Artis about the matter in some other time. She seemed to be in a bit of a hurry.

"For now," he said and started to run back to the Great River, "I'm off!" and with a splash of water he disappeared.
    Last edited by Goglas; 2010-04-30 at 12:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Aevum (Avatar), Hope
    Aevum smiled slightly as the Goddess vanished. "Interesting..." he mused stroking his chin and vanishing from the material plane, his powers waning slightly.

Aevum, Heliopolis
    He returned to Heliopolis and the avatar faded from sight untill it was required again. The 15ft. tall lion-headed figure seated in the throne opening his eyes slowly. He stood and stretched, he'd learned a lot from the short time he'd visited the material plane and was eager to return another time. For now, he unlocked the portal to Heliopolis for any god to traverse, ensuring that those who traveled here would have thier powers suppressed to the point where they were as mortals.

He gazed into his scrying disc and soon found what he was looking for, he beckoned a small glowing orb to his side and whispered to it. "Little Archon, you see the woman in this disc? seek her out and and deliver to her the message I give you." He smiled and raised a hand over the Archon, the little creature glowed slightly brighter before it simply vanished, as if it's light had been extinguished.

Lantern Archon, the Moon
    The tiny orb of golden light came into being about 5ft. from the goddess Artis. Slightly disorientated it approached her and spoke in a voice that sounded like soft music. "Lady Artis..." It wavered in the air as if trying to perform some kind of formal bow, "My lord has sent me here to inform you of the location of Heliopolis. He says you are free to hide the artifact there if you so desire and is looking to discus the formation of a pantheon." The archon didn't understand the message entirely, but he didn't need to. It's duty done the Archon vanished, returning to Heliopolis.
    Last edited by Kogan Urufu; 2010-04-30 at 04:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Dorian, the Void
    Dorian returned to the Void to see the world in more of an overview, and gain more perspective than he had as his avatar. As his divine presence left the body, it transformed once again into the large tree, uprooting several others and crushing a small bear.

Dorian shook his head as he turned back into his godly self. He regained his composure and began to look over the world. Though nature was beginning to take the world, Dorian noticed something wrong.

He looked closely through the scrying mirror. He swore. "ABOMINATIONS!" He swore as he saw the undead in the world. "This is a mockery of life." Seething with anger, Dorian reached out into the world, selecting the best of the predators he had created- massive bears, lean, slinking coyotes, and packs of brave, intelligent wolves, and a hundred other kinds of predators. He touched them, and turned them into guardians of nature, bringing out the best traits, the ones most suitable to hunting the undead.

They grow stronger, faster, and better. Whenever they found an undead, they would tear it apart, limb from limb, putting them to rest. But Dorian knew that the dire animals could not be there at all times, and the undead must be defeated somehow. He used his divine energy to grant some trees the ability to think, move and talk, just as his avatar did. These mighty Treants would guard the forests when the animals could not, and they would serve as the first of Dorian's sentient followers. The would be the caretakers of the natural world, and, if necessary, its ultimate predator, using the power of the forest as their weapon and shield, strengthening themselves and harming their enemies.

Nearly exhausted from his work, Dorian needed emissaries to spread the touch of nature to all parts of Hope. Taking the largest and wisest of the treants, he transformed them into shapes like his, but far more titanic. Thus, in a pique of childishness, Dorian decided to call them Titans, for he had yet to see anything that approached their stature but the largest of dragons.

Wherever the Titans walked, they brought nature with them. Their footsteps beheld plants, grass, shrubs, and the like. Wherever they rested, plants and animals grew faster. Natural creatures of all kinds, sentient and not, seemed to gestate quicker and have healthier children when some of these special Titans, called the Lifebringers, were around.

Dorian felt a rush of energy as his actions spurred an immense growth of the natural world. He took the energy within him, taming it and storing it within him. He nearly collapsed as the weight of his actions overtook him and drained all of his energy. As he quietly lay down to rest, a subtle change overtook him- the bow on his back changed, his swords grew sharper, his armor thicker, and a shield imprinted with a beautifully painted tree with a sword and bow crossed over it appeared next to him as he slumbered.

Spoiler
    Show

This one's a doozy.
    14 points -2 (Create Populace (Predator Animals)) -2 (Create Populace (Treants)) -1 (Create Subrace (Dire Predators)) -2 (Create Populace (Titans)) -3 (Create Concept (Nature Magic (Druids/Rangers))) -2 (Create Organization (Lifebringers)) -2 (Gain Portfolio Element (Guardians))

Leaving a grand total of 0 AP!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaleth, The Library of Valorum
    Kaleth was examining the universe around him and found a profound source of magic, quite unlike his powers. He realized that this magic was separate from his divine magic, tied in not to the power of gods but to the very nature of the universe itself. This was extremely powerful, and he discovered he had a talent for it, almost as if he had been formed for it. He began to detail his findings in the library filling the shelves with books upon books on this new magic. This could be a powerful force in the great game. Now it only needed practitioners. He left, not with his divine magic, but with this new divine magic.

Kaleth, Hope
    He needed disciples, if he was to be a shaping force in this new world. He glanced down at the mortals in this world. Currently, they were locked in combat with their dead, with the various powers at be, pushing them around in the world like chess pieces. They needed a hand if they were to overcome in this world

Zandrak, In the forests of Hope.
    Zandrak looked across at his second in command Xanthos.
    "Well, What were the causalities of the expedition."

"We lost 5 of our finest today, We damn near made it to the sea and the protection of the nymphs and river gods before the undead surrounded us. My foot got caught in a hole in the ground and I was helpless throughout the battle. I watched my brother get devoured by those things while I was unable to do anything, not help him or die in with him." Xanthos shook with emotion

"I understand your great loss, but I need you out in the field, Night will fall in a couple of minutes and I need you to defend the walls. Let the monsters feel the extent of your loss." Zandrak and Xanthos shook hands and walked out of the tent.

The Faeli stood on their ruined wooden battlements and prepared once more for a night of surviving the undead attacks. They came quickly and in great number and seemed to be filled with a hunger that Xanthos had not planned for. Within minutes they broke through the line, making a beeline to the civillian tents and screams were heard as the living dead terrorized the sleeping Faeli. Zandrak was filled with a rage at existence itself, that all of the great powers had left such suffering go unheard. The Faeli were saying prayers into a void.

Zandrak put on his helmet, and even though he was not a fighter he was going to die alongside his friends and family with dignity. It was then a light emerged in the darkness, and from it shot bursts of fire and lightning and power. The undead withered from its power and were driven back far beyond the walls. The figure set up magical barriers around the camp and a quiet spread over the Faeli and they dropped to their knees. The figure assumed the figure of an incredibly handsome Faeli.

"May I ask your name," Zandrak asked his peoples savior.

"Kaleth, and I already know yours mortal. I am impressed that you have held out with all of the odds against you for so long. Now you and your people have a chance to particpate in a great experiment.

"Of course lord, Anything to get us out of this hell."

Kaleth summoned his arcane magic and teleported the Faeli to Valorum

Kaleth, Valorum

The Faeli were in awe of this new city, after having spent their lives in forests, and all was peace. Kaleth directed them to a barracks.

"Set up your people in the barracks Xanthos, I have summoned foods and basic accommodations. Zandrak follow me." Kaleth led Zandrak into the Library.

"I want you to study these texts, and master the power of the universe itself separate from that of the gods who use mortals for their entertainment, and to master it. It will not be easy and expect no further help from me, But you will master it and you shall create an order which will grow into one of the strongest forces in this universe."

Spoiler
    Show

AP=17-3-2=12
    Actions
    Raise Mortal Hero: Archmage Zandrak
    Create Concept: Arcane Magic (Wizard, Archmage)
    Create Organization: Order of Magi (Loremaster)
    Last edited by MasterofMockery; 2010-05-01 at 01:12 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post

B]Artis, the Moon[/B]

Protective runes circled the air around Artis, arcane magic protecting her against the most immediate effects of the environment. In one hand, she held her forge hammer. In the other, a simple brick. Standing on the air several hundred feet above the moon's surface, she awaited the attention of the deity that created the plane.
    As Artis waits levitating just above the moon, should she look down upon the surface, she would notice a barren land, devoid of any life. However, the surface was full of activity, as constant earthquakes changed the landscape, each earthquake stronger than the last. Harsh winds caused severe dust storms which continuously.

The runes surrounding Artis start to glow as the life draining powers of the Moon attempt to drain the life out of anything living. Though the spells weaved by the goddess ensure her safety, as time passes, they will weaken however.

Around her, the red clouds swirl chaotically as they unleash a barrage of lightning onto the surface, and yet from the corner of her eye, it would seem that part of the cloud was actually... grinning at her?

Seems Atris had caught the attention of something... who was more than happy to bide its time, and let the moon take care of the intruder.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2010-05-01 at 09:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Artis, the Moon

While the moon's power was strong against living things, the arcane magic that protected the Shaper was neither living nor dead, it simply was. When the red mist appears, the runes flare with new resolve, and Artis throws the brick skyward, out of sight. "Don't mistake me for some helpless mortal. I could tell that you're the one that..."

Then, she felt it, a massive teleportation of Faeli. She sighs, furrowing her brow. "You're the one that got the idea in all the other deity's heads that my Faeli are to be slain, warped, or stolen at leisure. You will cease preying on my followers, or you will be made an example of."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Moon

Part of the cloud turns into a brighter red as the entity reveals itself. No point in hiding any more really.

"Oh, is that so? You are one of the creators then... interesting, and what a fine specimen at that too! So bold and rash, to barge into someone else's home and make demands and threats without even properly introducing yourself!"

"However you give me too much credit. Your Faeli mean nothing to me in the grander scheme of things. It makes no difference to me if ten die... or a hundred die... or if they are all wiped out. So don't be arrogant in your thought that I target solely your people... they just happened to be there... so it really isn't personal. However if you feel like placing the blame on me for every misfortune that falls upon your precious Faeli, who am I to stop you?"

"Do tell me though... suppose I am not intimidated by you, and refuse your demands... what will you do? By any chance... do you intend to kill me?"

Asks the entity with a curious tone in its voice.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Artis

Artis shakes her head. "As much as I hate to admit it, death plays a neccesary role in the cycle of existence. So, I'd likely just build a prison that's beyond your power to escape, allowing the continued existence of death while minimizing your influence over it. Of course, that would be a draining effort, so perhaps an option that involves less violence."

<Gate.> With the casting, Artis attempts to open a path between planes to unveal Asharra's realm to the deity of death. "Abberations from beyond the Material, noted by me only due to their master's attempt to steal away my own creations. From what I have seen, they do not create, and they do not die. They are anathema to us both, for what little we have in common."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Moon

The entity starts to laugh

"And that is where you prove that you understand nothing! Death has a much greater influence on me, than I have on death! But still... imprisoned for an eternity you say? That would be an interesting experience as well... though probably less fun than dying."

The cloud listens carefully as Artis explains about the Abberations, at worse, it seems to be rather interested.

"Is that so? Very well, your attempts to divert my attention from your Faeli onto your enemies have succeeded. I shall go pay them a visit and we will just how much these Abberations can bleed."

With a loud shriek, the cloud enters the gate to the Abyss, as it does Atris can hear it say

"Till we meet again, I look forward to seeing how you will eventually attempt to imprison me..."

Left alone on the Moon, the entire plane is now deathly quiet, let alone an odd earthquake.

The Abyss

All of a sudden in the Abyss, a great red cloud pours out of a little hole which was the gate.

"Greetings little ones! I have been tricked into entering this world by one of your enemies! Now then... those of you who do not die, step forward!"

Before anyone can answer, an Aboleth is struck by lightening

"That was not a request by the way..." growls the entity.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enki, bottom of the sea

Enki swam all the way from the Great River of Hope, through its delta and out to the never-ending oceans. He moved about, close and far, up and down, but saw nothing but water.

At first it was pleasing, being completely surrounded by the water, and the soothing silence. But soon it became boring, the water cold, the quiet oppressing.
    The water god reached a decision; He shall make his realm as that of Artis, filled with plant and life and action.

He touched down to the sea floor, closed his eyes and thought of Hope. Then, suddenly, after a few dreadful moments of nothingness, life burst out of him.
    From beneath his robes gushed out a multitude of sea creatures, from his feet spread various sea plants of greens and blues and pinks. His eyes were forced open by the divine magic inside of him, and out came bauble-like forms of living water, some large, others extremely small, while a few took humanoid shapes. Lastly, from the water god's gaping mouth crawled out the sea dragons, mighty and terrible.

He looked around him, and was happy to see his creatures make their way through his realm and populate the oceans. However, after the initial chaos, it was all quite quiet again, and even more depressing.

"I want to have some friends," he said to himself. "Like Artis!"
    So he closed his eyes again, and focused on her form. "Like I did with the Nymphs," he whispered to himself. "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!"
    Enki felt the water moving, and he opened his eyes with great delight. In front of him, behind him, all around, were his most favorite of children; The Aquatic Fey.

---------------------------------
    In order of appearance:
    - Create Populace: Sea animals (fishes, mammals, crabs, etc')
    - Nourish land: Sea plants. Investing 2 AP instead of 1 since I am doing this all across the oceans and rivers.
    - Create Populace: Water Elemental, Elementite Swarm (Water), Weird (Water).
    - CP: Sea Drakes, Dragon Turtles, Dragon Eels
    - CP: Aquatic Fey (Fossergrim, Kelpie, Sirine, Nixie, Ocean Strider)
    - Gain Portfolio Element: Fey

So, 15 -2 -2 -2 -2 -2 -2 = 3 AP left.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Artis, the Moon

Artis smiles as the god of death departs. Deciding against tempting fate, she returns her thoughts to what the herald had said. With a snap of her fingers, she willed herself to the Heliopolis.

Artis, the Heliopolis

Assuming its steward did not impede her arrival, Artis will pull out the Sphere of Reconstruction. "Apologies for the delay. I needed to make a mural of a battle between cosmic evils."

27. - Top - End - #57

Dorian, the Void

Dorian woke up from his slumber, refreshed and ready to start a new day. He peered around the void, content with the way things were going on Hope. He saw the other planes in the sky, one that burned brightly in the sky. Walking toward the light, he quickly made progress.

Dorian, Heliopolis

Dorian looked over the structure, before calling out. "Hello? Is anyone there?"
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra - Under Hope

For days, the dark goddess hid away from the sun in her tomb of earth. Elarion, her newest and only worldly servant... spent most of his time with her, telling her all he knew of the world above and his people. She rewarded him with earthly pleasures, ensnaring his mind to her in a way no magic ever could. She created a tunnel to the surface to allow him to leave for food, supplies and mortal concerns, confident that he would return to her. He did not disappoint.

As she waited in her earthly tomb, she was far from idle. Even while she layed beside Elarion, she was changing this world in small ways. She was changing herself in subtle ways. She took on more mortal characteristics... forcing herself to become less of the thing that she had begun her life as... and more of a woman. And as she changed, she remembered. She remembered a time before time, and another world much like this one with it's many gods and horrors. She remembered an ambitious and powerful mortal who used sorcery and willpower alone to lift herself to divinity using the things creation had left behind... the unmade bits of existence. She remembered... herself. And as she did, she changed... until the sun no longer burned her, and she could bear to walk under it's light.

As this happened, she hollowed the earth, creating tunnels and caverns that stretched far, far below the surface. Dark and foreboding, ranging from cramped to massive in size, for while she was learning to tolerate the sun, she was still a creature of darkness, and part of her would never escape it. The tunnels snaked their way beneath land and sea alike for hundreds, even thousands of miles... until a good portion of creation was connected by them. Here would be a sanctuary of darkness for her, even upon the face of creation.

One day, once her metamorphosis was complete... Elarion returned to find her standing out amidst the afternoon sun. Carrying to her the things he had brought... food and drink from his homeland that he believed she would wish to try, he looked at her strangely, confused by the change. She was out amidst the sun, and clothed... in tattered strips of shadowy, dark cloth... but clothed none the less. Her face was less amused than irritated, however.

My Lady, what happens? Are you all right? He asked protectively.

I have remembered myself. She told him, And what I once was. But in my absence, another defiles my realm... I can feel it. The memories of my slain children join to me.

If you but show me this foe, I will-

It is beyond you to deal with. She told him curtly, You would be an insect facing a storm. If you are going to serve me, you will need to be stronger in a way that weapon cannot be.

She reached forward to touch him... letting the darkness of her being infuse into his body... as well as some of her power. Recoiling in enrapturing agony from the wave of powers rippling through his body, Elarion become something unlike a normal member of his race. His skin grew dark and his eyes white... and magical energy surged through him like nothing he had ever known before.

Now you are better than your people. I am is a part of you. I have given of my blood to you. She told him, Move through the caverns I have made... find others... any others who wish to gain what you have to defend themselves against your foes. When I return, those who are worthy will become one with me, and be blessed.

As you wish. The new being that was Elarion said, his head bowed before his mistress.

Setting forth through the twisted catacombs she had made, Asharra summoned another tear in the void between worlds... as the climbed deeper and deeper into the earth there came... water. The water of her own realm. Then suddenly, instead of walking downwards into the depths of the earth, she was swimming up, towards the surface of her home... her true form bursting from her human one like a bursting leech and quickly growing to it's full, massive size. The being that was here would answer to her for it's actions. To many had decided that her realm was free ground to wander.

---------------------------

Asharra (Abyssal form): The Abyss

The massive eldrich abomination swam through the waters of the abyss, moving with great speed towards the interloper she had heard of. Already it had slain one of her children. Birthing more would be arduous... and she was tired of interlopers.

(I have NO idea what Schmee's god looks like... Some sort of mass of red clouds and energy, I think. Apologies for the bland description of)

This is my realm! She spoke in a thousand voices that boomed through the ears and mind of all who shared her realm, I do not take well to trespass or the slaying of my children, creator! Explain yourself and explain yourself quickly.

Spoiler
    Show

Divine actions: Mold Land (Creating the Underdark basically, in both the Abyss and the Prime) 1 point (The abyss costs nothing to mold since it's morphic to me, so I'm only paying for the prime)

Create Subrace: Dark Faeli Or what will eventually be a subrace. Right now it's one servant/hero (6th level, I think is what they can start at?) gathering cultists of the dark lady 1 point

Create Organization: Cult of the Dark Lady (Alienists + Nightmare Spinners) 2 points

Create portal: From the deepest parts of the underdark, to the Abyss. 2 points

(In an attempt to violate the laws of geometry and physics... going down into the underdark far enough will lead to caverns that spill out into steep drops into the water and rocky islands of the abyss. The abyss now has earth and jagged stone in it's "sky" as if it were contained within the hollow planet's core. This will be far more hilarious when I add another portal later that makes swimming "down" deep enough in the abyss take you into the oceans of the material plane, where you'll emerge swimming up. Apparently, the abyss is U shaped, or a mobius strip.

Raise mortal hero - Elarion the Sorcerer

Create Concept - In-born, Spontaneous Arcane magic (Sorcerer, Beguiler) 3 points

Total: 1+1+2+2+3

Remaining AP: 2

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Aevum, the Heliopolis
    The vast expanse of the city known as Heliopolis stretched out before the two gods. The golden arch that marked the sole entrance to the plane behind them and a long narrow street before. On either side were large stone buildings of purest white stone, the path before them cobbled and sturdy. Either side, holding up the upper floors of the buildings were strong white marble columns decorated with golden symbols. The long narrow road lead to a large round plaza, a golden fountain the main centerpiece as water flowed continuously. All around the plaza led similar streets, seven in total, and directly in front of the gate at the opposite end of the plaza was a large marble staircase leading to a white stone temple, seated in a throne at the far end of the temple was a humanoid figure with a lion's head.

The lion-headed god looked up and smiled as he saw the visitors. "Ahh...Lady Artis, Lord Doorian, I thank you for your time." He gazed into the scrying disc by his throne, stroking his chin as he watched events unfold. "You mentioned something about a Pantheon M'lady?" He inquired, looking up at the open temple that gave a perfect veiw of the sun visible in the clear blue sky.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler
    Show
    No divine Actions since he technicaly altered his own divinely morphic plane.
    AP: 5+3 = 8
    Last edited by Kogan Urufu; 2010-05-04 at 12:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Dorian, Heliopolis

"What's this? A pantheon? What might that be?"
    Spoiler
    Show