New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1265
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

The Genasi, Krykol

To the Genasi's absolute horror, their resistance was in vain, as the monstrosity which was Michrael had swept aside anything the Genasi had thrown at them. The Conclave had destroyed half of Krykol, and now it seemed that the Conclave had arrived to finish off their work.

Deep within one of the several secret facilities underneath Krykol, the Genasi were preparing their final line of defence. They had not expected to be forced to use their latest secret weapon so early, but in the light of recent events, they had little choice. The project was rushed as the Genasi resistance had stalled Michrael for time, and now that he had reached the gates of Krykol, they were going to fight the gods on their own terms.

Having finished their final touches, the Genasi begin the process of activating their latest weapon. Satisfied that it is working at full capacity, despite the rush-job, they begin opening the silo in order to unleash the weapon.

As Michrael approaches the city, he feels the earth vibrating beneath his feet. All of a sudden, from within Krykol a titanic figure seems to emerge from the ground, and a voice is heard throughout the city as the weapon makes a declaration

"The Fist of Fury is now operational. Objective: The destruction of all Conclave on Fury! We will not fear the divine menace!"

The titanic-sized construct, infused with the will and power of thousands of elementals had been created for a single purpose: to repel any divine attempt to invade Fury. Granted, this weapon was originally created due to a fear of the Elemental Lords attempting to regain control of the land, but at this moment, it mattered little, as it was proven, that all the gods are the same.

Turning, its head, the Fist of Fury locks onto Michrael, and all of a sudden, the entire construct is covered by thunderclouds as it unleashes a series of thunderbolts at the enemy while proclaiming

"Conclave detected on UGGC soil, lethal force engaged! Fury will never fall to divine invasion!"

With that the Fist of Fury begins to head towards Michreal in order to forcefully repel him.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    The Lords

AP0=3-3, Create Combat Artifact: The Fist of Fury
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Michrael - Fury

Upon being challenged by an entity of equal power, the Fallen One jumped into the air and flew headlong at the Fist, foul sword raised overhead to cleave the machine in two.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    First of all.

Ichmod has 23 AP.

Forge has 24 AP.

---

Interlude

For a long time, for the entirety of the recent events, in fact, the Lord of Metal has been silent in his domain, the world of steel and runes know as Innovation.

In the meanwhile, all hell has broken loose. Genasi went into open war with the Conclave, godlings of all shapes and sizes have arisen, Death revived.

But worst of all.

Several times has his creation, the Focusing Iris, been misused.

---

Ichmod and Forge

Hex' destruction is past waters, and Ichmod accepted the explanation offered by Creator Forge without giving it much consideration, it was a reckless and disrespectful act from Hex, even if the retribution might have been disproportionate. But who would Ichmod be to condemn disproportionate retribution after all.

Truth be said, it might even be said that to him, the only disproportionate retribution is the one that is lesser than the crime. In all this time, he did not see fit to delve into the nature of Forge's personal projects.

But he did see fit to stall them, in order to get their resources aimed at a new endeavor. To reclaim the world from the insanity that has griped it.

To this end, terrible things have been cast in metal at the deepest, hottest places of Innovation, not by their appearance or nature, was with the abominations of Forge and the makings of Sin, but for their power and purpose. Colossal engines of war, weapons and armor, and the knowledge to use them in ways that make the steel held in hand be more terrible than even the Saerite cannons, as well as similarly brutal techniques for the handheld bombards of the gnomes of Progress.

Meanwhile, Forge ushered forth into the world the whisperings of the Ironmaster's return, and with them went the knowledge to join into his fold, to cast aside the weakness of the flesh and take the metal for bones, blood and skin.

"Is that last bit really necessary?"

"... Yes. Yes, it is."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ichmod:
    3 AP: Create Populace: Colossi.
    3 AP: Create Populace: Dungeonbred creatures, Sentry Ooze, Warbeasts.
    2 AP: Create Organization: Steelamach Iron Knights (PrC: Gnome Iron Knight)
    2 AP: Create Organization: Coillossus Bombardiers (PrC: Bombardier)
    2 AP: Create Organization: Grindforge Iron Reavers (PrC: Gnome Iron Reaver)

AP left: 11

Creator Forge
    2 AP: Create Organization: The Gathering of Steel (PrC: Renegade Mastermaker)
    2 AP: Create Organization: The Gathering of Steeal (PrC: Ironcast Champion)

AP left: 20

----

Ichmod and the Voice of the Forge, The Solar Ring

The first stop for the deities was the Solar Ring, to find the rest of the conclave and get a better debriefing from the deities there, the Ironmaster's return was not heralded by any fanfare, merely him and the anaxim that served as Forge's proxy appearing in the gathering chamber of the conclave and waiting patiently for their long missing presence to be adressed.

Plus, he kind of missed his chair there, it is so confortable.

----

Gnomes of Steelamach

The gold dragon finds the gnomes arming themselves, their fortresses warping in and out constantly, but still, the leading council finds the time to adress the emissary. Even if at woeful timing, for it is still vivid in the memories of the long-lived gnomes of Steelamach the results of their last, short-lived alliance with the Genasi.

The gold wyrm finds himself answered by a gnome in adamantine plate the size of an ogre, one who introduces himself as General Castor (and many other names, but lets stick to Castor).

"Deities are deities, and mortal men and mortal men. Tough Ichmod counts Solaron and Minrhet as his allies, we know nothing of your kind, and what experience we have with dragons is less than desirable, so you will have to excuse us if we are not eager to negotiate, specially in these times, when Ichmod adresses all gnomes."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Battle of Krykol

As Michrael jumps into the sky, the Fist of Fury follows the gods course and immediately begins to change. The clouds and lightening which surrounded the weapon disperse and are replaced by the solid earth which is was walking on. Crossing its arms the blade digs deep into them, but not deep enough to do reach its torso.

Knocking Michrael back, and several buildings at the same time, the Fist of Fury yells out

"Tactical assessment: Conclave victory: IMPOSSIBLE!"

As it throws a punch aiming straight at Michrael's face.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

Solkiran - the Solar Ring

" Ah, master Ichmod! Greetings! I see that word of your retirement was premature. Tell me, what brings you out of domain?"

Michrael - Fury

The maddened angel allows the blow to land, breaking his nose and letting blood pour from his face. He then reaches up while the Fist is unbalanced, grabs the construct's arm and throws it back.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-09-07 at 11:45 AM.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Gnomes of Steelamach

The gold dragon finds the gnomes arming themselves, their fortresses warping in and out constantly, but still, the leading council finds the time to adress the emissary. Even if at woeful timing, for it is still vivid in the memories of the long-lived gnomes of Steelamach the results of their last, short-lived alliance with the Genasi.

The gold wyrm finds himself answered by a gnome in adamantine plate the size of an ogre, one who introduces himself as General Castor (and many other names, but lets stick to Castor).

"Deities are deities, and mortal men and mortal men. Tough Ichmod counts Solaron and Minrhet as his allies, we know nothing of your kind, and what experience we have with dragons is less than desirable, so you will have to excuse us if we are not eager to negotiate, specially in these times, when Ichmod adresses all gnomes."
    "What dragons? The pacifist prismatics? Do you mean the bastard born silvers? Think not about them, as we have worked to eliminate their kind entirely. Or perhaps you refer to the ancient sea beasts which defile the name of dragon. Their kind has not been seen for many millenia, and we have had no trek with them. No, I was once as you now are, a simple mortal. I have since ascended to my current state through years of effort. An alliance between our peoples may also include the imparting of this draconic wisdom. Do not dismiss us so lightly. Allies are valuable. Enemies are not."
    Last edited by Rizban; 2010-09-07 at 02:27 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post

Michrael - Fury

The maddened angel allows the blow to land, breaking his nose and letting blood pour from his face. He then reaches up while the Fist is unbalanced, grabs the construct's arm and throws it back.
    Falling flat on its back, the Fist of Fury knocks down several more blocks within the city. It takes a few moments, but the weapon gets back on its feet, once again summoning its elemental power, this time, the earth giving way to pure ice. Within its hands it creates a large pillar of ice which it begins to swing wildly at Michrael while yelling

"Embrace Marcoism or you will be eradicated!"

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

" Ah, master Ichmod! Greetings! I see that word of your retirement was premature. Tell me, what brings you out of domain?"
    Ichmod

"A man can't spend a few decades in his house without people thinking he died. No matter. I have been out of the loop for awhile now, Solaron, and could use a resume of recent events, see things through your eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    "What dragons? The pacifist prismatics? Do you mean the bastard born silvers? Think not about them, as we have worked to eliminate their kind entirely. Or perhaps you refer to the ancient sea beasts which defile the name of dragon. Their kind has not been seen for many millenia, and we have had no trek with them. No, I was once as you now are, a simple mortal. I have since ascended to my current state through years of effort. An alliance between our peoples may also include the imparting of this draconic wisdom. Do not dismiss us so lightly. Allies are valuable. Enemies are not."
    Castor, Steelamach

Castor frowns behind his helmet.

"You are too eager to count enemies where there could simply be neutrality. We gnomes prefer to stay out of anything that isn't a gnome problem. And you will have to forgive us if, as a whole, we don't really have the interest of turning into dragons, we have our own traditions that suit the role, to forge mind and soul into frehenite and bind to a construct body, durable and easy to substitute."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ichmod:
    3 AP: Create Populace: Iron Lich.

8 AP left.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #999
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Solar Ring

Klashanna's face remained impassive as Solkiran made his proclamation. Her voice was icy as she replied.

"So, you are not Solaron... might I ask as to his status then? He is and was my friend and ally, and I do not take kindly to your dismissal of him."

"In fact, there are several things he could have told you. You seem to have mistaken science for physics - while it is true that the Cores are divine in nature, it is equally true that they can be controlled. By science, nonetheless. Or do you forget what makes the Ring function in the first place? Without their supporting systems, the Cores would be little more than particularly bright stars, and the world would still be shrouded in darkness."

"And what madness possessed you to allow Michreal to attack a mortal nation? We exist to protect and to serve, never to punish! We have met our enemies in battle, yes, but only as a means to a greater cause. What purpose is served by slaughtering the genasi? Surely you realize that so long as they have the schematics, they could simply build another weapon as vicious as the first? Whereas, if we simply render it useless, there will be no loss of life, and the Ring will be safe once more."

The entrance of the Dark Jester, clad in the flesh of the Glutton, cut short her rant. She could feel this being's great power, and it's form was hardly reassuring.

"...Indeed. Greetings, Mumbles. Forgive me if I am wary of you - you come in the form of one with whom my fellows and I have clashed on several occasions... and as a first request, I must ask that you release him from whatever hold you have acquired. Despite our differences, we have dealt reasonably with Darrmoon, and I object to the enslavement of any creature, enemy though he may be. At the very least, explain yourself."

And then, the goddess was interrupted yet again, though this intruder was much more welcome than the previous one. Amidst the tangible hostility in the air, Klashanna let herself relax slightly at the presence of her friend.

"Ach, Ichmod... I was hoping you would arrive soon. As I'm sure you've noticed, we're experiencing a bit of a... crisis... at the moment. I think I have a solution designed, but Sola... Solkiran here seems to doubt the capability of science to interact with the arcane and divine. I was going to educate him, but... I think you might do a better job of it. Come to think of it, could you proof this shielding schematic? Uplink actually designed the bulk of it - I checked it and made some modifications, but multi-pattern non-physical interfacing is really your area of expertise, and you might be able to improve it."

"In any case... to sum up recent events, Conviction has gone right to hell. Not literally, of course, but... Minrhet has woken up again, and has somehow sealed off the entire plane. And this... Solkiran... claims to be some sort of "improved" Solaron. For the next bit we have to go back a little..."

"The war on Conviction against the Freiherr was... brutal. He was crushing our forces, and we were driven to use the Solar Cannon. However, the elemental lords... for lack of a better term, hijacked the weapon, diverting the blast to Fury. Fury then responded with a cannon of their own - some sort of fire-elemental based energy weapon. The Solar Cannon is more or less destroyed now - although I'm pretty sure we'll be able to salvage the Iris."

"In any case, Uplink and I have designed this shielding system, to safeguard the Ring against further attack... but for some reason, following logic that is beyond me, Solkiran here has ordered Michrael on a rampage across Fury, provoking the genasi further. For that matter... how did you even convince Mike to do that? I've seldom met a being with greater honor and respect for life."

This last was addressed to the Dark Sun, before turning back to Ichmod.

"In any case... ach, I'm afraid I'm a little scattered right now. There is a great deal going on, and not much time in which to act. There are much more complete logs of recent events on the Ring databases if you wish to peruse them... by the way, did you ever find out what happened to Hex? Logs seem to indicate that the virus that fried the Ring originated in Innovation. In any case, Data is operating the systems now - she's had about a week's experience, so please be patient with her."

Hoffnung, Progress

It was that time of year again.

Fireworks lit up the sky and festivities spilled throughout the streets as the nations of Progress celebrated Collaboration once again. Of course, the holiday had changed much over the years - the advent and spread of telecommunications had rendered the once-a-year gathering and exchange of ideas largely obsolete. But such an entrenched tradition was not so easily done away with - like everything on Progress, it adapted to the changing times.

Now, the seven day festival was less a scholarly retreat than a grand festival of ideas, in which corporations and guilds put their latest and greatest advancement on exhibition. Prototypes and production models made the rounds, and the press exploded into a frenzy of inquisition about the new products. And of course, the resulting reviews would have no small impact on financial success the coming year - something of which business owners were keenly aware.

Today in particular had been widely anticipated by many - The Ashcroft Foundation, Pinnacle, and the New National Heavy Industry Society were all presenting. It was the fourth day of the celebration - the schedule had been pushed back a day when genasi protesters disrupted the opening ceremonies (which included a salute to Klashanna, and in a recent addition, Ichmod), but there were very few who minded the wait.

They were not disappointed. The much-speculated Naussica-class air-superiority fighter was unveiled by NNHIS, a young dark faeli pilot eliciting cheers from the crowd with aerial acrobatics demonstrating the device's maneuverability and power. That the faeli among them cheered as loudly as anyone else spoke volumes about how far they had come towards reconciling with their estranged cousins.

Pinnacle, ever the enigma, produced from nowhere a revolutionary new type of camera, taking the crowd by surprise. Capable of capturing moving images, but a mere fraction of the size of existing devices, it was touted as a way to immortalize moments with greater ease than ever before. There were murmurs in the crowd as to Drofiel's absence, but most were satisfied with the brilliant showing.

And then the crowd hushed as the stage was set for the Ashcroft Foundation... only to burst into thunderous adoration as the owner, founder, and lead researcher took the stage. Asuka Ashcroft - inventor of the light-bulb, the heating coil, the dirigible and too many other things to count - grinned and waved, hoping no-one would notice her furious blush.

She'd come a long way from the wunderkind who saved Progress with her timely invention. In less than a decade, she had steered the Foundation to become one of the most prominent (and wealthy) organizations in the Alliance, and rare was the household that wasn't stocked with their products. Asuka herself was an international hero - a household name for people across the Alliance. She had received practically every award there was to receive, including becoming the first (and to date, only) person to receive the Vallan title of Grandmaster in two separate branches of research.

Murmuring swept through the crowd again at the sight of the contraption being wheeled onstage, piece by piece. All blinking lights and boxes and wheels of tapes... their questions were soon answered.

"Ladies, gentlemen, saerites, gnomes, and faeli... I present to you, the Aesir, the Alliance's first computer! As you can guess, this device is a product of cooperation with several guilds. I'd like to take a moment to extend my thanks to..."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Actions!
    Klashanna AP: 9 ; 11 - 1 (Teach Populace - Air Combat) - 1 (Teach Populace - Computers)

Drofiel's Airship, Borders of Conviction

Solkinaktra would not have long to wait - the door to the ship's deck was soon opened... by an angel, nonetheless. Albeit, this angel was dressed most strangely, but he was unmistakable as one of the shining folk. After a moment of stunned silence, the strange angel cracked a smile and beckoned her inside, chatting merrily.

"Ah, wonderful to have a visitor... you might even be able to help us out with a little problem we have... but where are my manners? I am Drofiel - formerly of Heliopolis, now proud citizen of Coona and the Alliance, and president of Pinnacle Corp. And you..."

He eyed his visitor critically,

"You must be that alchemical... wait, give me a moment... agh, it's been too long since my time in the legion... and... aha! Of course! Leliel! Wonderful, I almost didn't recognize you! In my defense, when I last saw you, you were two feet shorter and a few hundred pounds lighter. Fascinating... but come in, make yourself comfortable. We are, as I mentioned, unfortunately stranded."

Pausing at a window, Drofiel glowed out of it in the direction of the barrier that was still obstructing their path.

"I don't suppose you would know anything about that? We nearly crashed into it on our first try. From what my gnomish engineer tells me, the portal is still there, but locked off in some manner. On the other hand, Michrael seemed to traverse it without effort, and Solaron apparently has a way out as well, if his absence is any indication. In fact, any information you have on the goings-on of Conviction is greatly appreciated. We can pay, if you like - although from what I've seen of this place, you'll probably turn me down on that."

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Castor, Steelamach

Castor frowns behind his helmet.

"You are too eager to count enemies where there could simply be neutrality. We gnomes prefer to stay out of anything that isn't a gnome problem. And you will have to forgive us if, as a whole, we don't really have the interest of turning into dragons, we have our own traditions that suit the role, to forge mind and soul into frehenite and bind to a construct body, durable and easy to substitute."
    "I am eager to count enemies of any who harbor Darkness in their hearts.

Allow me to tell you a parable. There was once a young man who sat upon a fence between two kingdoms, one ruled by a kind and generous lord and one ruled by an evil and malignant lord. The evil lord walked by and said to the man, 'Come, follow me, and I will give you wealth and power if you but serve me for a time.' The youth replied, 'I know you and will not follow you. Your gifts are false, and you seek only to make me your slave.' This was indeed the evil lord's plan, but he turned and went away. A few moments later, the good and benevolent lord approached the lad saying, 'Come, follow me, and I will lead you into good lands where, through the labor of your hands, you may make a home for yourself and live in peace.' The youth replied, 'I know you and will not follow you. I refuse to work for you and enrich your coffers. I am happy here on my own with no lord but myself.' The kindly lord went away sad.

The next day, slavers who work for the evil lord came by and captured the lad while the lords watched. The young man cried out to be released, but the evil lord replied, 'I claim only what is mine. It is in my right to make slaves of all who live on my lands, and, you see, I own the fence.' The boy cried out to the kindly lord, but he replied, 'I cannot help you. I offered you freedom, and you rejected it. You chose to remain bound to evil, and it is not in my power to release you after you have refused me. I pity you, truly, but I cannot change the consequences.' The good lord went away sad, though he swore to himself that he would grant the boy the mercy of a swift death when the time finally came to defeat and destroy his evil neighbor.

So too do all who remain neutral so choose. By refusing to exorcise the Darkness from their own hearts does the Dark One come and rightfully claim them as his own. He builds the fence on his land and proclaims it neutral ground so that many might be deceived and fall into his grasp.

I leave you with this parable and bid you farewell. May our next meeting be more hospitable than this one. When next we meet, a side surely must have been chosen.
    "

With those final words, the gold takes to the air without awaiting a response, returning to bring word of the gnome's decision to Minrhet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minrhet
    AP 15 = 12 + 3(Bonus AP for 1000th post in thread.)
    Last edited by Rizban; 2010-09-07 at 06:24 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Bards of Cirrix, Planet

On the world below, on every continent, the bards did spread and as they did so did much music and the magic with it, but so too did much mischief, and so the bards had cause to move ever on. The bards came to the lands of the Faeli, to the gnomes of Steelmach, and all of Despair and Hope, to the Genasi, and the humans, and every other race as well.

Demons born, the original Bards were, as music flows from spirit, and demons are spirits at their core, so too did the instruments that they used flow forth from the demons flesh, singers throats expanded and stretched, their mouths growing wide, conductors fused with their tool, and could command both music and action, and so much more.

(any mortals who wish to interact with the Bards may do so, basically)

7AP=8AP-1AP Teach Populous: Bardic Magic (I don't know if I need more AP to teach everyone they encounter)

Cirrix, Solar Ring

Cirrix watched the antics of his followers and was pleased, but he became curious too. While they played their little games to amuse him, he too must not be idle. Surely there was something to do besides visit the moon and view the world below. Ah! it came to him, of course, that fiery source of light, how could he have missed it? Surely, it must be a beauteous source of musics, radiant and joyous.

This in mind, Cirrix appeared within what was apparently a massive edifice. The thrum of the technology, the searing light, the radiance and the technology combined in an odd sort of rhythm, melodious and strong, beautiful, but mechanical, efficient, ordered. It was something new, and it did indeed amuse Cirrix. Come come, tell me who dwells here in this mechanical shell of light, who calls this place home?" the Typhonian Musician called
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2010-09-07 at 06:56 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Falling flat on its back, the Fist of Fury knocks down several more blocks within the city. It takes a few moments, but the weapon gets back on its feet, once again summoning its elemental power, this time, the earth giving way to pure ice. Within its hands it creates a large pillar of ice which it begins to swing wildly at Michrael while yelling

Michrael - Fury

"Mroar!" Is the only answer that his horridly warped throat can muster. He launches himself straight at the Fist, taloned hands extended. The ice block is caught in his hands, and with a force of godly might, shatters in his claws.

The Fallen Marshall aims a savage kick at the center of the machine.

Spoiler
    Show
    so, do you want to let the Fist use each element before we have one side win or just hurry up and get it over with?

Ichmod

"A man can't spend a few decades in his house without people thinking he died. No matter. I have been out of the loop for awhile now, Solaron, and could use a resume of recent events, see things through your eyes."
    The dark lantern god emits a deep crimson beam of light in Ichmod's direction. "I am not Solaron but Solkiran, the stronger half of the sun god. If you want an explanation through his eyes, you're too late. He is gone and never coming back."

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
    The Solar Ring

Klashanna's face remained impassive as Solkiran made his proclamation. Her voice was icy as she replied.

"So, you are not Solaron... might I ask as to his status then? He is and was my friend and ally, and I do not take kindly to your dismissal of him."

"In fact, there are several things he could have told you. You seem to have mistaken science for physics - while it is true that the Cores are divine in nature, it is equally true that they can be controlled. By science, nonetheless. Or do you forget what makes the Ring function in the first place? Without their supporting systems, the Cores would be little more than particularly bright stars, and the world would still be shrouded in darkness."

"And what madness possessed you to allow Michreal to attack a mortal nation? We exist to protect and to serve, never to punish! We have met our enemies in battle, yes, but only as a means to a greater cause. What purpose is served by slaughtering the genasi? Surely you realize that so long as they have the schematics, they could simply build another weapon as vicious as the first? Whereas, if we simply render it useless, there will be no loss of life, and the Ring will be safe once more."
    "Again, to answer your string of uninterrupted questions in order: whimpering in a small corner of our mind reeling from our conflict; You seem to not get that science and divinity can work together, but not if you try to bend someting away from its nature. Science cannot use friction to increase a moving object's velocity any more that it can turn my brother's heart away from fire and vengeance; you really need to get better informants than that. He did not go into Fury to attack or kill anyone. Merely remove a dangerous weapon that the children should have never been allowed to play with. Seriously, try to get your facts straight before you accuse me. Michrael has only killed in self defense those Genasi who have the hubris to attack a demigod; And you know that how? Last time I checked, you were as clueless as to the true nature behind the Veil as the rest of us, or have you somehow found a way to pierce their veil and haven't shared it with your supposed allies? Furthermore, your plan is flawed. You think that not being able to attack the Ring directly will make their weapon useless? You still have a whole continent of followers who can be destroyed on a whim by them should they so choose;

For a supposed goddess, you have a terrible picture of how to defend things and and even worse understanding into the nature of your fellow gods. I shall impart to you a piece of wisdom that shall serve you well to remember. The best defense is a good offense. Speak softly and carry the biggest weapon.
    "

"In any case, Uplink and I have designed this shielding system, to safeguard the Ring against further attack... but for some reason, following logic that is beyond me, Solkiran here has ordered Michrael on a rampage across Fury, provoking the genasi further. For that matter... how did you even convince Mike to do that? I've seldom met a being with greater honor and respect for life."
    "Indeed, he does have great honor. So much that when his rightful lord and master commanded him to do so, he was bound by honor and his oath to me to do so. In order to make this easier for him, I also "improved" upon him by activating his Gift. "

Solkinatra - Conviction

Solkinaktra would not have long to wait - the door to the ship's deck was soon opened... by an angel, nonetheless. Albeit, this angel was dressed most strangely, but he was unmistakable as one of the shining folk. After a moment of stunned silence, the strange angel cracked a smile and beckoned her inside, chatting merrily.

"Ah, wonderful to have a visitor... you might even be able to help us out with a little problem we have... but where are my manners? I am Drofiel - formerly of Heliopolis, now proud citizen of Coona and the Alliance, and president of Pinnacle Corp. And you..."

He eyed his visitor critically,

"You must be that alchemical... wait, give me a moment... agh, it's been too long since my time in the legion... and... aha! Of course! Leliel! Wonderful, I almost didn't recognize you! In my defense, when I last saw you, you were two feet shorter and a few hundred pounds lighter. Fascinating... but come in, make yourself comfortable. We are, as I mentioned, unfortunately stranded."

Pausing at a window, Drofiel glowed out of it in the direction of the barrier that was still obstructing their path.

"I don't suppose you would know anything about that? We nearly crashed into it on our first try. From what my gnomish engineer tells me, the portal is still there, but locked off in some manner. On the other hand, Michrael seemed to traverse it without effort, and Solaron apparently has a way out as well, if his absence is any indication. In fact, any information you have on the goings-on of Conviction is greatly appreciated. We can pay, if you like - although from what I've seen of this place, you'll probably turn me down on that."
    "Leliel? Was that who I was? I am afraid that all traces of my former life have been stripped from me. I volunteered to take the Maiden's alchemical process in order to strengthen the Celestial Legions. I now go by the name Solkinatra, which in the tongue of the aasimar means "sun maiden warrior who is kinda scary". They can pack a lot in a few syllables."

"The barrier between Conviction and the rest of Planet has been closed to all who do not follow Solaron and Minrhet. I am afraid that this is necessary for now while we are dealing with the aftermath of the Walking Death's advent. Right now, the Legion is vulnerable and disorganized, the kobolds are in disarray as a massive portion of their population has died, and the dragons under Minrhet have begun to stir. Things are sensitive right now, and we cannot afford to have visitors. We have to clean house and are not ready for company."

"I cannot help you myself, but I am sure that one will come shortly who can. Minrhet, Solaron, or one of their demigod leiutenants can see you out. Please do not feel offended though when you find yourself unable to re-enter."

"Oh, by the way, how was your tactical assessment and reconnaissance of the Camp? I may not remember you, but I do have a keen tactical mind. I can tell when one acts with motives other than that which they seem to. We have no secrets to hide, though, and I avail myself to you to help fill in blanks where they may exist."

Spoiler
    Show
    If I am off base here and Drofiel hasn't scouted out Conviction, I'll just retcon this last paragraph away. Don't feel obligated to respond to it. However, I would find it annoying if you just have Drofiel say that he successfully scouted Conviction under the angels' notice without them even getting a chance to respond with the angels at all. I should be able to get some say on how sharp they are at detecting when they are being scouted.Just because Drofiel is a businessman and my angels are soldiers doesn't mean they are mindess rubes.

edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ap bookkeeping!

Solaron ap: 0=0+2(the 1000 post global bonus)-2(all his power is currently being utilized by Solkiran)
    Solkiran ap: 2=0+2(from Solaron)

Michrael currently has none
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-09-08 at 12:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Solar Ring

The entrance of the Dark Jester, clad in the flesh of the Glutton, cut short her rant. She could feel this being's great power, and it's form was hardly reassuring.

"...Indeed. Greetings, Mumbles. Forgive me if I am wary of you - you come in the form of one with whom my fellows and I have clashed on several occasions... and as a first request, I must ask that you release him from whatever hold you have acquired. Despite our differences, we have dealt reasonably with Darrmoon, and I object to the enslavement of any creature, enemy though he may be. At the very least, explain yourself."
    The eyes of the Glutton's body sparkled with sadistic joy. A cackling laughter echoed over the Solar Ring as the Darrmoon puppet shook.

"You want a Glutton who wishes nothing but destruction for all things to be released? That is your true want? HA HA HA. I doubt that. Answer me my one question truthfully, and I will release Darrmoon. If a God cannot be trusted to keep his word, he is a poor god indeed."

The Dark Jester started to laugh out of control for a moment, the girth of Darrmoon rolling on the ground.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Barbarian in the Playground

Serat - The Great Garden

Work had been done, the deity had toiled successfully and could use this site to continue his work on reality, to ensure the destinies of mankind and all of creation continued on it's desired course. He would continue with this momentarily. With his will he summoned his Herald, Nareen, to his side.

"Hello Serat."

"Could you go see our friends at the solar ring to see if there's anything we could do. I've kept to myself for long enough."

With that she dissipates, and Serat himself goes to walk on tranquillity.

Nareen - The Solar Ring

The small herald appears and looks at the deities that are there, silent.

--
    AP: 1
    +2 1000 post bonus of doooom!
    AP: 3
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1005

The Solar Ring, Council Chamber

Though she listened to both parties, Klashanna pointedly answered Mumbles first.

"Very well, if that is the price, it is a simple one. In general terms, we - the Radiant Conclave - seek to stand as a shield between the mortals of Planet and those that would wish them harm or enslavement. More specifically, at this moment I am attempting to resolve this nightmare of a situation with minimal loss of life. And you are quite correct that Darrmoon is a wretched creature, but even so I must object to his enslavement. However, that being said... feel free to keep his Spark. He has proven himself entirely too dangerous to be allowed one."

Nodding briefly, she turned to address Solkiran once more, obviously struggling to keep her composure.

"And as for you... ach... I am finding it increasingly difficult to believe that anything of Solaron has influenced you. Yes, the genasi's cannon is dangerous and powerful... but so are many things in the world. Some of the greater Wyrms of your brother could level entire cities with little effort, and yet it is not our place to destroy them for what they are capable of. And the gnomes of Despair have weapons far greater and more terrible than anything the Genasi could field. If we seek to use force to push mortals towards the paths we desire, we stray dangerously close to the very thing we wish to avoid. Above all, it is imperative that the mortals of Planet choose their own path..."

The goddess sighs heavily at this, rubbing her temples with her free hand before continuing.

"...we can guide them, yes - and should they be set upon by the Darkness, we can come to their aid. But we must lead by example! What kind of message does sending Michrael to Fury send the genasi? They hate us - the lords have given them much cause for their hate. But even so, such things die over time... yet, rather than working to ease their fears, you have confirmed them. You have, through your actions, confirmed their worst fears about us - convinced them further that gods are petty, vengeful creatures who care only for themselves."

"And what is this... "Gift" of which you speak? And how did you..."

A look of abject horror dawned on her face as Klashanna realized what Solkiran was referring to... at least, what she thought. She hoped against hope she was wrong, but...

"...you made him Fall, didn't you? You activated the Freiherr's curse, and made him Fall... that would explain why he would consent to an action like this. Am I correct in this assumption?"

The commander roared with genuine laughter at Solkinaktra's explanation of her name, but waited for her to finish before responding. Still chuckling, he sipped his drink and addressed her.

"Alas, it's really a pity you can't remember your former life... you know, if you like, I might be able to help you there. I've made dossiers on many of my fellows from before the Fall of Heliopolis, at least, to the best of my knowledge. That information is at your disposal, free of charge, should you so desire it. Then again... to volunteer to lose one's memories would be an act of desperation. Perhaps there was something in your past you would prefer to forget... in any case, I leave the decision up to you."

Closing his eyes contemplatively, he tossed back the remainder of his icy beverage, setting the glass aside and gesturing to a cooler embedded in one of the room's walls.

"But where are my manners? Would you care for something to drink? No alcohol, I'm afraid - it sickens the saerites, you know - but I must say I have developed quite a fondness for these fruit concoctions. I confess, they are an acquired taste though - when I first tried one, I though I was drinking liquid sugar. I think there's some iced tea in the back as well, if you're feeling less adventurous."

"As for your camp... I must say, you people are as industrious as ever. Although it really is a pity about the taint... I was only saved by a serendipitous mixture of foresight, the skill of saerite surgeons, and some good old-fashioned luck. You seem to be doing quite well yourself - some of those chaps on the ground seemed like they were fighting a bloody war inside their heads... and losing, at that. Ah, and another thing you may be able to answer..."

"Intelligence gathering here is... not what I'm used to, I must say. Just point out you're an angel, and the kobolds are the most enthusiastic informants I've ever seen. But on the other hand, they seem to make almost no sense some of the time... could you check this translation? They keep mentioning that a Fallen Michrael has gone to Fury... by my understanding, it can take weeks or months to properly Fall, and Mike was fine - albeit, slightly stressed - when I talked to him a couple days ago. And yet, the only other translation I can decipher involved him attending a 'mad party' with the elemental lords."

The angel shook his head, chuckling again.

"Now that's something I'd pay to see! Michrael never was much fun at festivals... I've been paying Drakes to salvage the ruins of Heliopolis, and they dug up a painting someone made of some of the old Legion commanders. All bright and cheerful, and then there's Mike, standing in the corner looking like he has his own personal raincloud. I think I actually hung it up somewhere on this ship... anyway, he's a good man, even if he's a bit dour... by the Lady, sometimes I miss those days..."

Rising from his chair, Drofiel positioned himself in front of the vast pane of glass that made up the outer wall of the lounge, leaning on a rail for support as he gazed off at the twinkling campfires of the angelic Camp in the distance.

"And yet, I wouldn't trade what I have now for the world. What I see here reminds me so much of my old home, but... even so, I've come to love Progress, with all it's whimsy and ambition. They saved my life, you know, after the first Fall. I had been flung from the sky by the Great Glutton, and I fell... and fell... and I crashed upon Planet, broken and beaten."

"I thought everything was lost then, you see. Aevum was dead... the sun extinguished... we had lost the powers of the divine. And yet, I was found by a small group, a saerite expedition. I later learned they were explorers, out to seek knowledge of the wider world. They healed me, helped me back to health when my wounds would have slain me...but more than that..."

"They made me want to live again. Their leader - I didn't know it at the time, but he would become a close friend - had a fire about him. He saw the Darkness, and knew what it meant, but never for one moment did he concede we might fall to it. It was that fire - that incredible drive to seek out the impossible and overcome it, that willingness to dive headlong into the new and different, taking challenges in stride... I took it as my new Light."

"And they have done incredible things over the years I have lived among them - would you believe, mere days before I left on this trip, I saw something I would never have imagined. A young dark faeli, chatting with a faeli girl his own age over lunch. No hostility, no awkwardness beyond that which always plagues boys and girls of that age... centuries of hatred, dissolved like nothing. Incredible."

Grinning once again, he turned back to his guest, returning to his overstuffed chair and carefully folding back his wings as he took a seat once more.

"But you are not here to listen to my ramblings, so please forgive me. This has been quite the nostalgia trip for me - as much as I resent the delay, I must admit it has been pleasant, in it's own forced sort of way. I had never seen the Shining Lands before, and I see their beauty has not been exaggerated."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: AP Bonus round!
    Klashanna AP: 11 ; 9 + 2 (Super-Happy-Fun 1k Post-Count Festival of AWESOME)
    Artis' Spark: 11 ; Unchanged
    Sequence: 7 ; Unchanged

Drofiel has been doing light intel gathering in Conviction, but mostly from the Kobolds - who are really quite excitable, and don't strike me as the type to hoard secrets. He's probably done some basic questioning of angels as well, but things are chaotic right now - he's used to working with webs of informants and spies, as opposed to what is essentially scouting. Although having an airship helps.

Anyone else on the Ring... Sorry! I'm out of time at the moment! I'll do responses to everyone else in a little bit.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ettin in the Playground

Castor, Steelamach

Castor silently watches the dragon fly away, and then he is joined by another armored gnome, this one with the distinctive drapings of a priest of the Ironmaster.

"I want to point out just all the flaws in that parabole but it just felt unfair. Oh well, arms up, Iron Liches, we've got things to nuke."

Ichmod, Council Chambers.

Ichmod listens carefully to the exchange between the many parties present. And apparently, Solaron had split personality now, how odd.

"Interesting events all around. And I think I have a solution to the issues of the secondary functions of the Focusing Iris."

Ichmod's next words are aimed at his left bracer.

"Rerout control of the secondary functions of the Focusing Iris to this terminal and deny access to all others. Send in a repair team to perform repairs on the Iris and... No, that is it for now."

He then turns back up to the bickering deities.

"So let me get the rest straight. Ol' Mitch is down there dirtying his hands on mortal blood. You people shot the moon and got deflected to the mortal world, by demigods, nonetheless. You got shot back, by mortals. And last but not least... Aw, hell, there is just too much crap to list this way. Let me just say that I leave the scene for a couple years and everything goes to the Abyss?!"

Ichmod spaces out for a moment.

"Oh, and now Minrhet's scaly magicians are threatening my gnomes with doom and gloom in the great battle of dark and light. And I can't really do anything because he apparently blocked off his plane, whoopety doo."

And then back to Klashanna.

"And yeah, I did find out what happened to Hex, apparently he tried to invade Forge's systems" - Ichmod points to the anaxim behind him -"and as things go, Forge struck back, perhaps too heavy-handed but I can't say I would spare someone who tried to invade my mind, myself."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

Cirrix, Solar Ring

The Typhonian Musician prowled about the halls of the Solar Ring, amusing himself by striking his great tuning-spear against the walls, exciting and enhancing the music of the great edifice's spirit, churning it and causing it to rise ever higher and stronger, and as he struck out at the Ring, the pulse of the whole sun echoed the crescendo of song and spirit, it's light brightening and dimming, growing stronger every time.

As he walked he called out, his divinely bardic voice echoing equally through every hall and chamber "Hail, Hail to those who dwell here, who are you that built and dwell in such a place of marvels, such a grand edifice of light and technology, The Chaos Bard must know!"

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

The Solar Ring, Council Chamber

"And as for you... ach... I am finding it increasingly difficult to believe that anything of Solaron has influenced you. Yes, the genasi's cannon is dangerous and powerful... but so are many things in the world. Some of the greater Wyrms of your brother could level entire cities with little effort, and yet it is not our place to destroy them for what they are capable of. And the gnomes of Despair have weapons far greater and more terrible than anything the Genasi could field. If we seek to use force to push mortals towards the paths we desire, we stray dangerously close to the very thing we wish to avoid. Above all, it is imperative that the mortals of Planet choose their own path..."
    Having arrived just as she spoke, Minrhet interjects.

"And just how would you know of what my mortals are capable? Perhaps I am to suspect you of spying on me? How else would you know of what exactly has been happening deep beneath the Burning Sands of Conviction? Have my children ever once leveled a city? Have they even threatened to do so? No, they have not, nor have we ever even suggested that to be possible.

The gnomes may have more devastating weaponry, but that they have never used it against us speaks volumes in their favor.
    "

He listens impassively as she continues her rant, digging grains of sand from beneath one claw.

Ichmod, Council Chambers.

"Oh, and now Minrhet's scaly magicians are threatening my gnomes with doom and gloom in the great battle of dark and light. And I can't really do anything because he apparently blocked off his plane, whoopety doo."
    "I will admit that they are a bit overzealous, but you have to remember that this is their first foray out into the world after having been cooped up for so many years. Mortals tend to get a bit jumpy after that. Still, I shall order them to grant your followers clemency. I would hate that our alliance might be strained over something so simple as a disagreement between mortals."

"Now, Klashanna, I have come for a purpose, would you care to know what that might be? I shall tell you. My Burning Heart has been used to help power this ring for quite some time now, but I do not believe it to have ever received the honor or respect it deserves around here. It gives its warmth to the world, enabling life to flourish, yet here on this ring it is seen as little more than a battery. I have come to retake possession of my Heart so that it might obtain the respect it is due. Unless, of course, you have some sort o objection to my right to claim that which is mine..."
    Last edited by Rizban; 2010-09-08 at 07:50 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

19. - Top - End - #1009

The Solar Ring, Heralds' Quarters

For several moments, it seemed as if the Musician's greeting had fallen on deaf ears, as it echoed throughout the pristine metal hallway. However, after a few long moments, a door opened... and out wandered a sleepy-eyed child, rubbing her eyes and obviously just awoken - in all likelihood by the omnipresent musical score that accompanied Cirrix wherever he went. Looking him up and down, and reaching drowsily to push her vividly turquoise hair out of her eyes, she mutters sourly.

"...mmwhat? Uhhh... are you... are you supposed to be here right now? Umm... who are you... ah..."

Her question is answered by the echoing shouts of the bard. Seemingly slightly more awake, she perks up a little and look around.

"Are you making that music? It's very nice... I do love music. But umm... if you want to talk to Neesama, she's in the council chambers. Umm... you might want to use the rapid transit too - it's quite a ways on foot. Just saying. But she's very, very busy right now, so you might want to wait a bit."

"Umm..."

"Anyway, I'm Sequence. I'm one of Klashanna's heralds. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Cirrix."

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Using Seq here to delay your coming into the Conclave meeting, I'm afraid... feel free to barge ahead anyway, if you like, but there are some Conclave-Sensitive things at stake in the discussion, and I personally will find this easiest to write if it stays mostly between Conclave members. Other people showing up means holding pretty much separate, simultaneous conversations about whatever it is they want to talk about. Like Mumbles, for instance. On the bright side, Sequence was going to be, before you showed up with Cirrix, a (demi)goddess of Song and Dance. I've tweaked her purpose since then (I'm hoping to be able to bring her story into the limelight a bit more once Crisis Time is over. Its been one thing on the heels of another for weeks), but they should still have plenty to talk about.

...and all these non-conclave people just warping on to the Ring. Wasn't it supposed to be hard at one point to do that? Ach, PortSec must be asleep at their consoles...

The Solar Ring, Council Chambers

Klashanna reacts with genuine surprise to the Burning God's accusations, and her response is clearly sincere.

"My apologies, Minrhet. I was merely using your people as an analogy for how we cannot seek to strike out against the mortals only for what they are capable of. No insult was intended - if anything, it was the opposite."

Yet, as the god made his request for the return of the Heart, Klashanna's face fell.

"You... ach, this could not be a worse time for such a thing. However, as you say, the Heart is yours. But... even so, why do you wish it removed? All of us contributed pieces to the great work that is the Solar Ring - it is a product of all our efforts combined. While your analogy to a battery is astute, keep in mind that it is fueling none other than the sun of Planet. Most of our core systems derive power from the Burning Heart. It will take time to devise a replacement - I've studied it a great deal, and I think I can make something with similar effects, but it will still be a pale imitation of the true Heart the Ring was built to interface with."

"So... while I do not object to your reclaiming your contribution, I must ask you to wait until the current situation is resolved. It is entirely possible that we may install additional defensive systems onto the Ring in light of recent events, and such an undertaking will consume much of our production power for a time. Since the Ring obviously needs power to do this, I must request that the Heart remain a little longer. Afterword, I will fabricate a replacement, and you may reclaim the original, if you still desire to do so."

"Is that acceptable to you? I really must ask though... for what do you plan to use such a powerful artifact? You must have something specific in mind, if you wish to retrieve it from it's current role in the preservation of Planet."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Just so you know, Klashanna isn't going "Aha, I can make a sun just as good as the Sun God". If Minrhet takes back his Heart, she'll replace it with a (mostly) normal non-artifact Ultra-Reactor. It will keep providing heat from the Solar Ring, keep providing power, etc, but that's all it will do - the basic functions (i.e., actually being an effective sun). So the Ring will lose it's weekly Blight(s) - a dummy reactor just can't muster up the raw power needed to unleash something like that.

This is mostly just fluff for why the Sun doesn't go out just because one contributor wants his toy back. The Solar Ring will remain the Solar Ring, just minus the ability to toss around Blights.
    Last edited by Selinia; 2010-09-09 at 08:58 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

The Solar Ring, Council Chambershe turned to address Solkiran once more, obviously struggling to keep her composure.

The goddess sighs heavily at this, rubbing her temples with her free hand before continuing.

"...we can guide them, yes - and should they be set upon by the Darkness, we can come to their aid. But we must lead by example! What kind of message does sending Michrael to Fury send the genasi? They hate us - the lords have given them much cause for their hate. But even so, such things die over time... yet, rather than working to ease their fears, you have confirmed them. You have, through your actions, confirmed their worst fears about us - convinced them further that gods are petty, vengeful creatures who care only for themselves."

"And what is this... "Gift" of which you speak? And how did you..."

A look of abject horror dawned on her face as Klashanna realized what Solkiran was referring to... at least, what she thought. She hoped against hope she was wrong, but...

"...you made him Fall, didn't you? You activated the Freiherr's curse, and made him Fall... that would explain why he would consent to an action like this. Am I correct in this assumption?"
    Solkiran - the Ring

"So, you have decreed that we are to be nothing more than nannies to the mortals? Even in my weakest days, I never agreed to that. And, sweet thing, if you think nothing of Solaron is in me, understand this: We are one. I am two. What he wants is what I want, only our methods differ. I am willing to do the necessary steps when he is not. We will have PEACE!" he loses his composure for a moment, his aura going dark, then bright again.

"As to Michrael, it is true that he is fighting the Freihrr's contribution to Conviction. It may very well also be true that he found entering Fury to remove their weapon to be a better idea after he fell. So what?"

however, upon so cavalierly dismissing his lieutenant, something within him changes. For a brief moment, calm radiates out again from the lantern and the dragons regain their radiant luster. A voice full of forlorn regret speaks out "I-I hel-" comes from within the lantern before fading away. The nimbus once more becomes unsettling and the dragons fade to gray once more.

"Sorry about that. Had a momentary bout of insanity. Please ignore the voice behind the aura." However, some of the venom and spite has gone out of his tone.

When Minrhet enters and demands his heart back, Solkiran says as well. "Well now, if we're taking our toys back and letting the Mother Hen run things all by herself, I'm pulling my battery out as well. Run the abyssal thing without us if you can. However, keep in mind that what we do with our toys then is our business. If Minrhet is so polite as to inform you of his withdrawal instead of just taking it, the least you can do is not stick your nose in our affairs again and ask why. It's his to do with as he wants."

"On second thought, it might be better yet if we just let the Hen hold on to our toys for now. She keeps the boring parts running without us having to lift a finger. Besides which, I have recently contributed to the Ring, and it would seem a shame if my toy was never used for its original purpose."

The commander roared with genuine laughter at Solkinaktra's explanation of her name, but waited for her to finish before responding. Still chuckling, he sipped his drink and addressed her.

"Alas, it's really a pity you can't remember your former life... you know, if you like, I might be able to help you there. I've made dossiers on many of my fellows from before the Fall of Heliopolis, at least, to the best of my knowledge. That information is at your disposal, free of charge, should you so desire it. Then again... to volunteer to lose one's memories would be an act of desperation. Perhaps there was something in your past you would prefer to forget... in any case, I leave the decision up to you."

Closing his eyes contemplatively, he tossed back the remainder of his icy beverage, setting the glass aside and gesturing to a cooler embedded in one of the room's walls.

"But where are my manners? Would you care for something to drink? No alcohol, I'm afraid - it sickens the saerites, you know - but I must say I have developed quite a fondness for these fruit concoctions. I confess, they are an acquired taste though - when I first tried one, I though I was drinking liquid sugar. I think there's some iced tea in the back as well, if you're feeling less adventurous."

"As for your camp... I must say, you people are as industrious as ever. Although it really is a pity about the taint... I was only saved by a serendipitous mixture of foresight, the skill of saerite surgeons, and some good old-fashioned luck. You seem to be doing quite well yourself - some of those chaps on the ground seemed like they were fighting a bloody war inside their heads... and losing, at that. Ah, and another thing you may be able to answer..."

"Intelligence gathering here is... not what I'm used to, I must say. Just point out you're an angel, and the kobolds are the most enthusiastic informants I've ever seen. But on the other hand, they seem to make almost no sense some of the time... could you check this translation? They keep mentioning that a Fallen Michrael has gone to Fury... by my understanding, it can take weeks or months to properly Fall, and Mike was fine - albeit, slightly stressed - when I talked to him a couple days ago. And yet, the only other translation I can decipher involved him attending a 'mad party' with the elemental lords."

The angel shook his head, chuckling again.

"Now that's something I'd pay to see! Michrael never was much fun at festivals... I've been paying Drakes to salvage the ruins of Heliopolis, and they dug up a painting someone made of some of the old Legion commanders. All bright and cheerful, and then there's Mike, standing in the corner looking like he has his own personal raincloud. I think I actually hung it up somewhere on this ship... anyway, he's a good man, even if he's a bit dour... by the Lady, sometimes I miss those days..."

Rising from his chair, Drofiel positioned himself in front of the vast pane of glass that made up the outer wall of the lounge, leaning on a rail for support as he gazed off at the twinkling campfires of the angelic Camp in the distance.

"And yet, I wouldn't trade what I have now for the world. What I see here reminds me so much of my old home, but... even so, I've come to love Progress, with all it's whimsy and ambition. They saved my life, you know, after the first Fall. I had been flung from the sky by the Great Glutton, and I fell... and fell... and I crashed upon Planet, broken and beaten."

"I thought everything was lost then, you see. Aevum was dead... the sun extinguished... we had lost the powers of the divine. And yet, I was found by a small group, a saerite expedition. I later learned they were explorers, out to seek knowledge of the wider world. They healed me, helped me back to health when my wounds would have slain me...but more than that..."

"They made me want to live again. Their leader - I didn't know it at the time, but he would become a close friend - had a fire about him. He saw the Darkness, and knew what it meant, but never for one moment did he concede we might fall to it. It was that fire - that incredible drive to seek out the impossible and overcome it, that willingness to dive headlong into the new and different, taking challenges in stride... I took it as my new Light."

"And they have done incredible things over the years I have lived among them - would you believe, mere days before I left on this trip, I saw something I would never have imagined. A young dark faeli, chatting with a faeli girl his own age over lunch. No hostility, no awkwardness beyond that which always plagues boys and girls of that age... centuries of hatred, dissolved like nothing. Incredible."

Grinning once again, he turned back to his guest, returning to his overstuffed chair and carefully folding back his wings as he took a seat once more.

"But you are not here to listen to my ramblings, so please forgive me. This has been quite the nostalgia trip for me - as much as I resent the delay, I must admit it has been pleasant, in it's own forced sort of way. I had never seen the Shining Lands before, and I see their beauty has not been exaggerated."
    "Well, the kobolds apparently know of something that we don't. I had not heard of Michrael becoming Fallen. It should not even be possible. He is a god, even if he does not admit to it. How can a god succumb to a curse upon lesser beings? Such things do not bode well with me. I thank you for telling me of this. I shall have to find out soon what is true."

"As to your offer to remind me of the Seraphim who gave up her life so I could live, I would rather not. Thinking about all I have sacrificed for the Light Eternal can only bring regret. Something that I do not currently feel. What is lost is lost. Now then, if you will excuse me, I need to investigate this rumor among the kobolds. Pray to the Conclave that this isn't true."

As she is about to walk out the door, she pauses, turns around and says, "On second thought, would you mind compiling the names and histories of the Seraphim that took on the alchemical process? Their sacrifice should be remembered. I may not be the same person I was, but no one, not even I, should be allowed to forget the cost of victory that day."

Fury - the Fist versus the Fallen

Michrael's kick lands in the center of the construct's body. Unfortunately, the construct is not a faeloid and is not vulnerable to being toppled over in that fashion. All he did was end up sending himself backwards. With a heavy thud, the Fallen One fell on his wings, which were crushed underneath his ungainly weight.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-09-09 at 12:38 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Fury - the Fist versus the Fallen

Michrael's kick lands in the center of the construct's body. Unfortunately, the construct is not a faeloid and is not vulnerable to being toppled over in that fashion. All he did was end up sending himself backwards. With a heavy thud, the Fallen One fell on his wings, which were crushed underneath his ungainly weight.

Yells the Fist as Ice gives way to Fire. As Michrael is lying on the ground, unable to get up the Fist raises its arms and begins focusing its power. Within a moment, Michrael is bathed in the fiercest of flames, the likes which can only be compared to the Old Sun. As Michrael begins to be burnt, he can hear the Fist yelling... almost as if gloating

"The gods are the very definition of failure!"

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nareen - The Solar Ring

The herald was lost. She knew her way around Tranquillity like the back of her hand, and this was radically different. She'd not needed to know of this place's layout before, so just wanders. Keeping her task in her head - to see if anything bad had happened in the reparation of the ring and to see the other gods again.

She continued on, looking for the main chambers.

Diplomats - The Ocean and Steelamach.

After leaving the Genasi lands and city of Belinkov, those people who have the mission of greeting the other races continued their journey. This time, they neared another great settlement on their nearest shore - Steelamach on Hope.

Not knowing what they'd find they would have landed near the cities, unless intercepted.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post

Yells the Fist as Ice gives way to Fire. As Michrael is lying on the ground, unable to get up the Fist raises its arms and begins focusing its power. Within a moment, Michrael is bathed in the fiercest of flames, the likes which can only be compared to the Old Sun. As Michrael begins to be burnt, he can hear the Fist yelling... almost as if gloating

"The gods are the very definition of failure!"
    Michrael versus the Fist - Fury

As the flames wash over Michrael, he feels pain. Such intensity has not been witnessed by mortal eyes ever. Those nearby buildings which have not already been crushed begin to melt and crack under the sudden heat.

However, the Divine Angel is more difficult to destroy. He is a god, and his powers come from his soldiers. Unfortunately for the Fallen One, that power is weakened while his followers are dead and in the process of rebirth. With a fraction of his usual power, the Fallen's body begins to smoke, then catch on fire.

The fire of a god's flesh burning is like none other. Their essence begins to leak out into the surrounding environment. Dark hatred and ordered discipline both pour out into Krykol. Then, the flames reach even deeper, and the burning accelerates. Soon, nothing but a large pile of ash is left of Michrael's body. Then, even the ash fades away.

Though the city was damaged, the Genasi won. They have killed a god.

Underneath Conviction - the Chambers of Rebirth

deep beneath Conviction, a vast army slept.

Or at least, so it would appear on first glance. Then one would notice that none of them breathed. A more careful observer would also notice that they not only had no breath, but that they also did not seem fully there. Something about these bodies was... incomplete.

This hypothetical but nonexistent observer would then be quite surprised as a massive pile of ash filled this room, then coalesced down into the outline of an angel.

Not just any angel, however, but the Angel. His five pairs of wings and great stature gave away the identity of this sillouhette. It was none other than Michrael, the Celestial Commander. The ash begins to take on color, and the crimson of his wings and silver of his hair can be seen once more. However, something is horribly wrong with this image. Unlike the others, who have a seemingly solid form, this one is transparent. A ghostly image of what Was.

The body of a god is nearly as hard to heal as it is to destroy. Left on its own, it may never recover.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Cirrix, Solar Ring, with Sequence

Cirrix bades Sequence go ahead, an odd smile on his bronze canine muzzle, an odd lyricless hum accompanies Sequence, a mellow, meandering song, though upbeat in overall tone, the song of her spirit. Lead on little Hum."

25. - Top - End - #1015

The Solar Ring, Command Chamber

"Methods are everything. Some means cannot be justified by any ends, no matter how noble. Certainly not yours - this senseless mayhem serves no purpose but your own petty vengeance. One does not bring about peace by inciting war!"

Bit by bit, the Maiden of Invention's calm demeanor chips away, her voice cracking occasionally from sheer pent-up rage.

"The Fall was one of the most terrible deeds the Freiherr has committed in his horrifying career. To lose one's mind - to lose reason, and restraint and conscience... it is a fate far worse than death. To think that anyone would be mad enough to incite it deliberately..."

"You are not Solaron! You have none of his wisdom, or compassion, or respect for life. As scant as it was, you lack even his humility! You are a monster! A pathetic, arrogant little blight! You are not fit to polish his lantern, let alone reside within it!"

"You will, as of now, release Solaron and allow him to regain control or his form. That is not a request."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I just realized that whenever Klashanna starts calling someone a monster, it's a pretty good indicator she's about to go into Tsuntsun mode. Tsuntsun Klashanna has lasers. And science.

Also, to Draken - I think I'd prefer it if Ichmod and Klashanna discussed Hex's death some time after the current crisis hour is over. Like I mentioned before, I really don't like doing "parallel" conversations - it breaks suspension of disbelief for me, and no matter how hard I try, it always sounds awkward.

Sequence, The Solar Ring

"...mhmmm... okay, I'll take you there, if you want..."

Cirrix in tow, Sequence sets out down the dimly-lit hall. With a gesture at one of the sensors in the wall, they begin to brighten again.

"Umm... sorry if you tripped over anything, or anything. We usually dim the lights in a sector when it's nighttime in the corresponding sector of Planet. Neesama says it keeps things more orderly like that, and gives the pyrodents a decent sleep schedule."

Walking for a little longer, listening to the cheery melody playing, she eventually comments on it.

"Umm... did you write that song? I can't place it, but it sounds familiar... but off somehow. Like... there should be words to it or something..."

"Umm..."

"Umm... I... I don't mean to be rude, or anything, but would you mind if I sang a little? This song just sounds so strange without words, its really bothering me..."

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: EDIT: Feel free to have Nareen bump into these two, if you don't want to wait for an actual conclave member to stumble across her (since most of them are occupied.) As long as she's in the Core sector, the odds of them running into each other are pretty good. Particularly since our musical friend is... rather noisy. Hopefully he never needs to sneak anywhere.

Or not. She's bound to find a transit station before too long, and from there its simple to navigate to the council chambers. Your call.
    Last edited by Selinia; 2010-09-09 at 02:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Solar Ring

Mumbles starts laughing louder.

"You want a nightmare prevented from recurring? Is that all? I mean, that is a rather small desire. You are a Godess right? I am not talking to some mortal with a ego right? I mean, I'm surprised you havn't dealt with this on your own."

Carnival music starts to get louder as he grins at the world, his eyes turning to the moon.

"Demons are a nightmare right? I agree! They need the Joy of Mumbles!"

The blubbery hand of Darrmoon reaches out and the moon suddenly grows several hundred tents, slowly turning the Demons into Demonic copies of Darrmoon's transformation into Mumbles.

Spoiler
    Show
    88 + 2 = 90

Gain Domain: Joy =2
    Gain Portfolio: Clowns =2
    1 AP Shape Moon (Add Circus Tents) = 1
    Raise DR 8=3

Gain Domain: Corruption =2
    Gain Portfolio: Circus =2
    1 AP Create Subrace: Clownborn Demons= 1
    1 AP Create Subrace: Clownborn Goblins= 1
    Raise DR 9= 3

73 left. The DR gains were on 'Darrmoon'.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

"Methods are everything. Some means cannot be justified by any ends, no matter how noble. Certainly not yours - this senseless mayhem serves no purpose but your own petty vengeance. One does not bring about peace by inciting war!"

Bit by bit, the Maiden of Invention's calm demeanor chips away, her voice cracking occasionally from sheer pent-up rage.

"The Fall was one of the most terrible deeds the Freiherr has committed in his horrifying career. To lose one's mind - to lose reason, and restraint and conscience... it is a fate far worse than death. To think that anyone would be mad enough to incite it deliberately..."

"You are not Solaron! You have none of his wisdom, or compassion, or respect for life. As scant as it was, you lack even his humility! You are a monster! A pathetic, arrogant little blight! You are not fit to polish his lantern, let alone reside within it!"

"You will, as of now, release Solaron and allow him to regain control or his form. That is not a request."
    Minrhet draws a glowing orb about the size of his fist from within his robes, an orb named Elysium.

"Now Klashanna, I suggest you back down. You are not to harm my brother while I yet live. I care not if you are friend of foe, but I will prevent you from doing this.

Now, as to the matter of certain people watching in on my personal affairs...
    "

Some energy seeps into the Elysium from Minrhet's hand as he holds it.

"That should prevent your spy network from so easily eavesdropping on me and mine."

As Minrhet moves to block Klashanna and others from scrying upon him, the Librarian Sordend suddenly notices a blank form in his prescience. It seems as if events on the Solar Ring are currently blocked from view for him, leaving his working story sorely unfinished.

An aura of calm pervades the Solar Ring, cooling emotions. Klashanna, however, feels the weight of heavy bindings on her limbs as if she is being restrained. The more agitated and inclined towards violence she becomes, the tighter the imaginary restraints bind her, preventing harm from coming to anyone nearby. Thus is the power of Elysium.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 12 = 15 - 1(Enhance Elysium to block Scrying/Metaknowledge/other divinations) - 2(Forgot to spend the AP to claim the abandoned artifact earlier, though I could have sworn I did...)

The Elysium artifact now blocks all combat/violence, both mortal and divine, within its sphere of influence as well as all scrying, prescience, and other divination-like abilities.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2010-09-09 at 08:56 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Tatiana and Co. Progress

In the middle of the night, on the coast of Progress, a little rowing boat makes a landing. The beach was dark and deserted except for four dark cloaked figures waiting with a lamp. From the boat, three figures leap from it and step up to meet the dark figures. Secret passwords are given, and with that Special Agents Tatiana and Bukbuk are blindfolded and lead away to a nearby vehicle. Special Agent Qwerty was gagged to stop his irritating babbling.

With that, the mysterious group make their way through the night towards their secret location.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Minrhet draws a glowing orb about the size of his fist from within his robes, an orb named Elysium.

"Now Klashanna, I suggest you back down. You are not to harm my brother while I yet live. I care not if you are friend of foe, but I will prevent you from doing this.

Now, as to the matter of certain people watching in on my personal affairs...
    "

Some energy seeps into the Elysium from Minrhet's hand as he holds it.

"That should prevent your spy network from so easily eavesdropping on me and mine."

As Minrhet moves to block Klashanna and others from scrying upon him, the Librarian Sordend suddenly notices a blank form in his prescience. It seems as if events on the Solar Ring are currently blocked from view for him, leaving his working story sorely unfinished.

An aura of calm pervades the Solar Ring, cooling emotions. Klashanna, however, feels the weight of heavy bindings on her limbs as if she is being restrained. The more agitated and inclined towards violence she becomes, the tighter the imaginary restraints bind her, preventing harm from coming to anyone nearby. Thus is the power of Elysium.

" Well, Mother Hen, I tell you no. That's right, I'm going to defy the Girl of Bad Ideas. Anyways, you're boring now. I don't want to hear you nag me about my means. "

" By the way, Hen, I can't do your demand if I wanted to. It is our inherent nature to oppose each other and he can never come back. Not unless he actually gains the spine to oppose me directly. "

The lantern says, " Farewell, Brother. May you succeed on your endeavors. Ichmod, keep being cool. Your Forge is an awesome concept. Mumbles, you're a dork. That hat looks silly. And Hen, smell you later. "

With that, he disappears in a flash of light.

Solkiran - the Moon

The Dark Lantern arrives on the Moon, seeking the Freihrr. He sees massive hordes of demons killing each other in eternal battle and is impressed by their devotion to their god.

" Granddaddy Freihrr, I'd like to talk with you. " Solkiran calls out. He then sends forth a small portion of his energy. Three dozen demons stop their clawing into each other and run at breakneck speed towards the Freihrr to deliver the god's message.

Spoiler
    Show
    schmee, I hope you don't mind if I abscond a few dozen demons to be my heralds for a moment.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

Cirrix, Solar Ring

Cirrix smiles down at the herald, his tall form seeming to loom over her. "You may sing if you wish Little Hum, I shant mind. After all, it is YOUR song."

The Murdered Man, Burning Sands of Conviction

The god of hate and murder smiles as he surveys his surroundings. This was a fine place, a fine place indeed. It reminded him of home, and it would certainly be out of the way enough that none would disturb his efforts, or at least, so he hoped. First, he would need some recruiters. Lifting up the desert sands, he molded the shifting forms of sand into the shapes of humanoid creatures, tall and powerful, he baked them with fire and water, and they slowly became tall and gray, beings who could shift forms as easily as the desert sands. Smiling, his cut throat dribbling blood into the sand before him, he sent them on their way, and began to wait, studying his unholy tome, dagger held idly in his page turning hand.

Murdered Man AP 12=16-2 Create Populous: Dopplegangers -2AP Create Organization: The Recruiters