New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

Staunen, Pulse, Progress

As much as other nations love to deride them as dreamers and airheads, Pulsites are remarkably efficient when motivated - the network of roads covering the continent is testament to that. As if any further evidence was needed, one need only look out at the harbor - a mere three months from the creation of the first functional steam engine, a group of enterprising cliques had assembled a device unlike anything the ocean had ever seen.

The Elegant Progression utterly failed to live up to its name. Massive, ungainly, and covered in metal - by conventional wisdom, the thing should not even float, let alone sail. Yet float it did - and without a sail, the relentless and unpredictable winds of the eastern sea lost their power over it. Instead, it used an ingenious variation of the steam-powered wheel that had been sparking a flurry of invention across every Nation.

At long last, it seemed that the sea had been conquered - of course, the logical next step was to find out what was on the other side. The erstwhile inventors-turned-adventurers found no shortage of volunteers - far from it, it seemed every saerite from here to Grimm wanted a spot on board the marvelous new ship (or one of the derivatives already under construction.)

In the end, a crew of two hundred was settled upon, led by the (in)famous Captain Jules. No one knew the seas better that him - he should, being the survivor of over fourteen shipwrecks (obviously not the SOLE survivor - the number of crew mates that survived was a major factor in deciding on his leadership.)

In any case, it wasn't long before the Progression pulled out of harbor and began chugging its merry way towards the unknown East. On board were everything from architects to zoologists, cartographers and woodsmen, chemists and linguists... cliques of every form and function imaginable.

There were even a couple of sailors, but nobody paid them much attention.

Spoiler
    Show
    The ship is en-route to Hope - I'm giving an opportunity to interrupt here, since the oceans seem to be chock full of gods, none of which have any particular love for Klashanna or her Saerites...

Just keep in mind - the ship is unarmed, but it IS essentially an Ironclad, so it will take some effort if you want to damage it.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Oceans, Darrmoon

The massive creature recoiled back a bit from the blade. Then settled when Lady Ashe held Enki back. He listened to her and then nodded. He would join such a pantheon. He would join, and in time, devour it.

"Rotten meals have no flavor, and burnt meals are beyond the power of a being to enjoy. I will not allow such things too happen. I am hungry, I am starving, however, I can hold my urge back. There is something in my gullet, instead of nothing."

Darrmoon moved to look at Enki.

"Eating is a natural thing for all things to do. You understand nothing of this."

He then turned to Lady Ashe.

"We have had our moments of conflict. We shall have them in the furture, the predator and the prey always are in conflict. You will continue to create foodstuffs, and I will continue to eat them. As long as the world we have worked on is not burnt and rotted away."

Darrmoon nodded.

"Let us go make this...pantheon...this union of our powers."

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Iron Gnomes, Despair.

Nicabod's expedition returned to Grindforge short several inventions, fuming from their ears, literally in the case of the Gold clan members.

Nicabod took the events of his expedition to the council of the clans, the Halflings, the Green Lands, the godling he dubbed the Lord of Worms, and lastly, with fury, the goblins.

His outrage was shared by the elders of the clans. This would not do. Not at all! But Ichmod had given then plans, designs they could use for this, and prototypes were already done and functional, Golems, as the gnomes dubbed them.

A golem towered easily four times the heigh of a gnome, even larger than your average Big Armor. Like much the gnomes made, it had a purpose, and its purpose was brute force.

But it was not enough, hardly enough, the gnomes had plans for something much, much, bigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 Ap:
    -2 AP: Create Populace: Golems (all kinds).
    = 3 AP left.

---

Iron Gnomes, Hope.

Hope was vastly more settled than despair, the Iron Gnomes had met many races in this land, Faeli and Dwarves, and founded a few small settlements on hills and valleys in this land, but nothing quite like the titanic fortress of Grindforge in Despair.

And then, they discovered Valorum.

A fortress inside the mountains, but there was something else about it, the edge of Valorum was also the edge of the world, and the iron gnomes could feel it, beyond the gates was an entire, separate plane.

Well, not entirelly, it did take space in the material plane after all.

But still! It was like the material plane! But it also felt somewhat like the halls of Inovation from whence they came! With magic in the very air!

And inside... Faeli, faeli and... Ichmod had sent plans for golems to all gnomes, but here there were similar things! Like half golems and half living beings, or like gnomes in Big Armor. They called themselves Forged, and the forged and the faeli spoke of a god that had created it all, Kaleth, but the god had vanished, and they knew not where to.

The iron gnomes heard what the two had to say about Kaleth, who made it all and about his vanishing, and then they spoke of Ichmod, who was their own maker.

Ichmod's concerns did match those of the people of Valorum, and the iron gnomes were welcomed to stay, which they did. Both within and around Valorum they made their camps, settlements, and then their city - one to match distant Grindforge - which was named Steelamach, built within and around the mountain, and around Valorum.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dwarves, Mt. Nolam

Ever the diligent workers, the dwarves finished the fortification of their greatest work. Atop the tallest peak of Mt. Nolam, the artificial mountain of the dwarves, stood Urist Bershukar. Adamant Blade in hand, horned helm on head, he looked upon the world he had seen below him throughout his long years. Urist called out to world and godly realms:

"We have long looked to the sky as our true homes. Despite our flightless forms, we have toiled to bring ourselves to the sky. Mt. Nolam is the greatest work of this world, extending high enough to touch the heavens! No other has worked harder, no work is more prominent, Nothing will claim higher authority!

I have seen the lands beyond the skyshroud, the heights beyond the heights of the world. Beings of might and flight reside in these lands. They are amazed by our works, yet they turn us away!. As those who seek the top, we must extend to these lands and go beyond all else! Nothing will deny our manifest destiny!

There will always be those who defy expectations, to do what is considered impossible. Resistance will be met, but those with spirit and tenacity will plow through! Nothing will stand in our way!"

The sweep of the Adamant Blade ripped a hole in the sky, opening the way to the realms of the gods. Beyond the tear stood a shining city of lights and devices. The dwarves extended their mountain into the strange realm. Expecting opposition to their intrusion, armored warriors marched from the growing tower and laid claim to new territories. Structures were torn down and converted to new heights of Mt. Nolam. All was fit only for addition to the world's greatest work.

"These devices are sturdy," said Urist Bershukar, "But they deny us the pride of achieving by our own hands. We must reach the top of this land and reach beyond its borders, for there is no limit to our progress!"

-------------------------

2ap Create Portal (Material to The Observatory)
    1ap Shape land (Mt. Nolam extending through The Observatory)
    2ap Guide Populace (Dwarves 'declare' 'war' on The Observatory)

0ap = 5ap - 2 - 1 - 2

((I grew tired of waiting...))
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2010-06-02 at 11:34 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Despair

With the heroic sacrifice of the Faeli hero, Nedain, the Lunar Advent was thwarted, and the mortal races of Hope had triumphed over the legions of the living dead. Even if victory had come at a great cost to the living, the Living Dead on Hope were hunted down until they are no more than creatures that mothers tell to their children in order to make them behave.

But the Living Dead never rest. The land known as Despair does not allow them rest. It is on this continent, where the shambling corpse roam the wastelands to attack the living. In some places, they are more common, in others less. However, no where else, can a greater concentration of the Living Dead be found on the Southern peninsula of Despair.

Should any living mortal make their way through this cursed and desolate land, they shall tread through the kingdom of the dead... the land simply known as the Fields of Absolute Horror. A permanent unholy aura of evil emanates from the very land, as very night, when the Moon dominates the sky, the Living Dead arise, to once again extract their unending vengeance against the living.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enki, The Oceans

"Eating in not natural!" Enki screamed, sword still in hand. "Your consumption of any and all things is as abhorrent as those undead you feasted upon."
    "I will not allow you to speak your blasphemy in my presence. You'd do well to keep your maw shut!"

His blood burned and his hands shook, yet he did not move. "Your words, Lady, carry weight," he said, still looking at Darrmoon. "But I will not bind myself to this...thing. Show me to this entity you speak of."

The Elegant Progression, East of Progress

As the great ship made its way through the water, a stirring was felt from beneath. The ship rocked from side to side, violently, when out of the deeps burst out a huge dragon head, connected to a gargantuan, serpent-like body that disappeared into the sea, past the sun's rays.

The Sea Drake took the entire ship in view, looking at all the small creatures from above.
    "Who dares trespass into my waters?" said the Drake, his voice low and booming, his gaping mouth revealing rows of sharp teeth.
    Last edited by Goglas; 2010-06-03 at 11:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Darrmoon, Enki, Lady Ashe, The Oceans

The massive creature looks at Enki as his tongue reached out and grabbed a single fish. He moved it around over his tongue as he stared at Enki. His drool tainting the water around him as the fish changed slowly. Becoming longer and more and more viscous. Darrmoon grinned some as he spit out of the fish. The fishes open maw resembled the open maw of Darrmoon himself. It swam around, more and more fish transformed till there became a small army of hungry fish. These fish were to come to be known as 'Sharks', a bastardization of the Aquan name for Darrmoon: Sharraak.

Darrmoon had given his curse to these fish. They too hungered ever. This effect would have another effect on Enki, something Darrmoon was counting on. Enki would feel the hunger he had been meeting. Darrmoon's maw of teeth and drool grinned wide.

"Now feel hunger. Then tell me if consumption is unholy. Tell me eating is unnatural. Tell me you do not wish to eat with hunger less then MINE!"

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP = 1 Curse (Hunger to the Sharks) - 2 AP

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

8. - Top - End - #188

The Celestial Observatory

"++Warning -- Dimension Breach Detected in Sector [3] -- Containment Protocol Failed -- Initiating Self Defense Protocol ++ Warning -- Dimension Breach..."

The harsh blaring of the alert message jolted Klashanna from her trance-like concentration. A dimensional breach? Another creator, perhaps? No... another creator would have alerted her sooner. Perhaps some sort of beast then? She felt a momentary pang of worry - the observatory's defenses were fierce - a being incapable of understanding the various warning signs would put itself in imminent danger.

Pulling up a viewing screen, Klashanna toggled to the location of the breach.

"Dear... dear... oh nonononono...."

Displayed was something out of a nightmare - mortals - people, intelligent beings - were marching up through the depths of the Observatory. Willfully marching past every warning sign, ignoring the blaring alerts to halt for their own good. With every step, more died. Clunk - a corridor incinerates an entire column, and the dwarves keep marching. Clunk - a bolt turret sprays high-explosive death into their ranks, and the dwarves keep marching, tearing down the device and moving the scrap still further upward. Clunk. Clunk. Clunk.

"STOP! Power down all defenses! Activate passive containment measures ONLY! Those are PEOPLE down there!"

Moving with all the haste she could muster, Klashanna fled down into the lower regions of the observatory, searching for the dwarves. Before long, she found them - clunking along, stripping the walls of everything from statuary to electrical wiring.

"What are you doing?" Klashanna's voice is chocked with a mixture of grief and frustration. Turning to the apparent leader of the dwarves, she posed the question again. What are you doing? Surely you could see that your action were costing the lives of your own people - if I hadn't overridden the system, you would still be under fire! If you wished to enter the observatory, all you needed to do was ask! What could possibly compel you to march into my home, bringing nothing with you but destruction?" At this she gestures to the trail of stripped walls and broken devices left behind the dwarves. Silently smoldering, she awaits an answer.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm assuming here that the "Languge of the Gods" is understandable by all mortals, in spoken and written form. This is the basis for Klashanna's frustration - if not, then just assume the "warnings" were incredibly intuitive images or some such thing.

The sight of the mighty sea serpent threw the ship into a frenzy of activity - everyone was trying to do something, but there seemed to be little agreement as to what that would be.

"...intellegent life! Already!..."
    "...and I'll grab the sketchbook and, Art, you better be taking notes on all this!..."
    "...in perfect Saerite too! Marvelous, why..."
    "...Oi! Mister sea-serpent!..."
    "...obviously a reptile, back me up here buddy..."
    "STOP."

This last echoed across the now remarkably silent deck as Captain Jules took the deck. "This is the first contact the Saerite Nations have ever had with another intelligent species! It is our solemn duty to treat them with dignity and respect! Now," turning to the great drake with an almost comical politeness in his tone, "good sir, to answer you question, we are on a voyage of discovery, to parts unknown. Our mission is to discover new lands and cultures so that we may exchange good and ideas for mutual benefit, and then return triumphantly to Progress!" There was some scattered applause at this, but a quick over-the-shoulder glare from the captain achieved silence once more.

"It would seem we have just succeeded in at least one part of our mission statement via this most auspicious meeting. Now, if I may, good sir, I would pose the same question to you - what brings you to this meeting on this fine day? Chance, perhaps? Or do your people too, wonder at what lies beyond the horizon? Or another reason I have failed to guess?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: AP 3 : 5-2 (Gain Portfolio Element - Enlightenment [RETROACTIVE])
    This is just a hotfix on account of my messing up and taking Civilization without an appropriate Portfolio element. If possible, just consider Klashanna to have always had this. This has been gone over in the OOC thread, and I think theis was the best presented solution.

EDITED to bold Jule's speech for ease-of-reading.
    Last edited by Selinia; 2010-06-03 at 02:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

Urist Bershukar, The Celestial Observatory

Urist Bershukar set down his planning slabs and shouting orders at the arrival of the owner of the mechanical land. He shifted his helm, looking into the eyes of a god. He said:

"We're building. Long ago we were left on the ground, yet our hearts yearned for the skies. We created the greatest work in the world and reached the top of the sky, but we couldn't stop there. We are building beyond the sky, to these strange lands, and when we reach the top we shall build to whatever lies beyond!"

Urist looked to the dwarves lying about and being carried off to the tombs.

"Cost in lives? Destruction? Don't be ridiculous! We all work for our ultimate goal of reaching the top, there is no greater glory. Some may lose ambition and need to be sealed within the walls and earth, but as a whole we are strong! Your warnings and attacks impose limits. We do not accept limits. You may resist, but we will fight back. Nothing can stop us from our goals!"

A metal tower of the mechanical realm fell at Urist's words and was dragged off to join Mt. Nolam.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

10. - Top - End - #190

Now, up close, Klashanna recognized the invaders for what they were - dwarves. She had seen them when she was, for lack of a better term, born. She remembered their tenacity, and thought it was unsurprising that they would look on her as an equal, despite her divinity. To those so used to looking up, everything tends to be seen down the length of one's nose.

But even so, some part of her was delighted - these dwarves had broken into the realm of a goddess under their own power - no mean feat to be sure.

But their reaction to their dead disturbed her greatly - no grief, no sense of loss. Just another casualty to their people's ambition... for what? The Top? Klashanna's mind raced - she could think of no such thing as "The Top" - to her knowledge, the void was infinite.

"I apologize deeply for the striking down of your people - I did not wish their death any more than you did. The warnings were not meant to limit you, only to guide you towards a more productive course of action. Had you heeded them, those dwarves would still be alive. However, I am confident that a deal can be made that satisfies both of us. I have many things that could help your people, but confess that I am at something of a loss as to what you want. You say that you seek out the Top, but surely you understand that there is no such thing? Beyond this structure lies only the empty Void - it is not a place where mortals can survive. But tell me - what is it that you believe you will find, when you reach the top? I may be able to aid you."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Just a note - the observatory isn't all that big - maybe the size of a large castle, at most. I get the impression you think its much bigger, from terms like "lands" - its a single building. A really advanced, impressive building, but not a "land" by any stretch of the imagination.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Formians in the Underdark

The Ant-folk had broken through to an odd set of tunnels beneath the ocean bed, what seemed like an entire system of tunnels like those they themselves had dug. They moved far from their Divine Queen and Her Children, and so they moved cautiously. In such a strange situation, so far from true safety, they should have been afraid, but fear was not an emotion the Formians often felt for themselves. Had their queen been under attack, or their homes ransacked, they would feel fear for the safety of Queen and Country, but fear for themselves would be an out of place sensation, and so they trudged on in search of new knowledge, apprehensions and worries aside. With them they carried eggs for both Formians and Abeil, in the hopes of establishing a small Abeil colony and supplying fresh workers and warriors once they reached their destination, though they did not truly know what their destination was.

They moved with warriors in front and back, and because of their powerful limbs and adept ant-feet, they could walk on any combination of roof, sides, and bottom of the cavern. Soon they were greeted by a crossroads, and a small cavern. They decided this would be their outpost. They moved into the cavern and established a presence, sending back their fastest scouts to report back and request more troops, but for now they would rest and await reinforcement before they moved on into what they could not know was the greater underdark.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra, Enki and Darrmoon: Seas of Creation

Enough bickering. We must cooperate, or we will fail. She spoke, placing a gentle hand on Enki's shoulder, To free creation from this never-ending cycle of death and decay, we must destroy those who wield the same power we do... and we must ensure that we are unified in purpose.

Asharra swum behind Enki with a faint smile, her arms curling over his shoulders as she drew herself close to his back, her voice faint in his ear. Her touch was yet another new sensation to him, stirring feelings and sensations that were entirely new to him.

Please. I cannot do this alone. She pleaded in a silken tone, This creature is only what it was born to be. It did not choose this path. A truly compassionate soul would forgive.

Her words were honey... her tone soft and enticing. Her hands slipped lightly down his chest, as she leaned in close to his ear and spoke one last time in her silken voice.

... Do so, for me?

In either case once all is said, she will lead the two towards the domain of her son. He too would be part of this plan of hers, she was certain of it.

-----------------

Elarion and Keia: The Underdark

With the return of Elarion, the Dark Faeli became more devoted than ever to their dark goddess. Elarion returned with magic until any of them had ever seen, using it to quickly move large numbers of his forces in strategic attacks on the surface... not even particularly aiming for Faeli settlements. As many prisoners as could be taken were brought with them back to the underdark and enslaved with his powerful magics into subservient beings that lived only to serve the Dark Faeli and their goddess. Enslaved dwarves expanded their tunnels, while bound humans and kobolds were trained as cheap, expendable warriors. It was obvious that Elarion prepared for something, but as only he heard the voice of the goddess, the rest of his people knew not what.

In the meanwhile, a growing faction began to marshal around the cry that they alone should serve the dark lady, and that the abominations that they shared their cities with were both unneeded and disgusting. Racial purists were hardly frowned upon, and so this belief was not challenged. If anything, the Dark Faeli took to the idea of superiority fairly well, and the goddess was strangely silent on the manner. The Illithids themselves, as alien and unintelligible as always, seemed to ignore the sentiment, only acting against it if physically threatened... something most of knew better than to do.

Amidst this flurry of activity and change, the Dark Faeli grew, expanding aggressively and converting every Faeli they could drag underground into a fanatical one of their own. These converts who had to be forced to see the Dark Lady's glory and power were given far less respect by their fellows... as they found yet another thing to judge superiority on. The race seemed kept from degenerating into infighting only by the undeniable superiority and leadership of Elarion, who was unmatched in power amongst them. The envious of his position held their tongues, for none wished to incur the goddess' wrath.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2010-06-03 at 07:06 PM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Asharra, Enki and Darrmoon: Seas of Creation

Enki's stomach growled fiercely for the first time in his life. The pain was so acute he could not help it but drop his sword, fall down, still drifting in the water, and put his arms around his belly, twisting and turning, with much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

"You call this natural?!" he managed to say as he tried to breathe between the sharp stabs of pain. "This is worse than your stomach." He cried out again, his own stomach twitching and consuming itself for lack of food.

Then he could feel it, her gentle hand on his shoulder. Her arms embraced him, and her warmth eased the pain. Her words took over his mind until he could feel nothing but the desire to please her. A wicked game these two had played on him, intentionally or not.

Yet he did not care. For a few moments, the pain was gone. "For you," he said, and tried to rise to his feet, slowly.
    Enki looked at Darrmoon and into its black soul, and planted in its mind all the hate and malice he could muster, and the promise of vengeance.
    He turned, tired, angry, and smiled as he saw Asharra's eyes, and looked to her to show the way.

"A voyage of discovery," the Drake repeated and grinned. "You would find you were better off staying in Progress."
    The Sea Drake stared into the captain's eyes for a few moments, to gauge his courage. He grinned once more and turned his head towards the south-east.
    "There you would find another continent, called Hope. There are creatures there unlike you or I. But I would stay clear of the waters to its east. There is a stirring there, in the water. Something terrible is about to happen."

The Drake looked at the horizon, and seemed to have lost itself in its thoughts for a few seconds. It blinked, and looked back to the captain. "As for your question; I am here because this is my home, and you have intruded into my territories. I would let you pass, Saerite, and even escort you out, but you must pay for your intrusion. A hundred chests of gold."

It smiled now, as much as a dragon could, and its eyes shone with greed.
    Last edited by Goglas; 2010-06-04 at 06:15 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194

At the dragon's words, a murmur went up amongst the passengers...

"...hundred chests? What could it possibly do with..."
    "...taking notes? Displays - Signs - Of - Overt - Avarice..."
    "...freedom of the seas! No more claim than..."
    "...should i know? We didn't test its resilience against..."

This time, the captain did nothing to quiet the muttering, instead keeping his full focus on the great serpent. "Good sir, I am sorry that we have intruded upon your territory - we had no way of knowing that there would be beings that laid claim to the seas themselves. However, as sincere as our apology is, your request is not possible for us to fulfill. We are an exploratory ship, not a merchant vessel - our holds are stocked with personnel and foodstuffs, as well as a variety of instruments, but we have no treasure on board."

"However! We do have with us some of the finest minds and scholars of the five nations. If you would allow us passage through your lands... err... seas... to this place called Hope, then we will do our best to answer any question you might have. A gift of knowledge, as it were." At that, Jules looks expectantly - and not a little nervously - at the formidable creature of the seas.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra, Enki and Darrmoon: Oceans of Creation

Come. She said simply... diving beneath the rolling waves and moving swiftly through the seas, as if she had been native to them all her life.

With the two gods following her, she swam deep... where the water grew dark and thick. Outside the deep, blackwater-filled trench... she stopped them, and floated for a moment as she looked over her son's domain.

The water here is deadly... perhaps even for the likes of us. She warned the others... primarily Enki. My son enjoys his privacy.

She knew the beast within was not truly her son... but the others did not... and she saw no need to give them that information. With a few gestures of both her hands and the seething mass of tentacles emerging from her waist, she cast a spell of sending. As she channeled her spell, her eyes shifted, turning into a solid, soulless black as if ink had been seeped into them. She knew in all likelyhood, he was aware of her presence... but it was always polite to announce oneself.

My son... I am here with others who would join us. She spoke seemingly to no one, Show yourself, for I would speak with you.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Formians in the Underdark

Soon the Formians plea for assistance was answered by a contingent of red soldiers and workers, accompanied by a royal daughter of the Red Queen. The lesser Formian Queen, the divine spark in her body diluted but still present, set up in the small base chamber which had been made at least twice as large by the work of the Formian workers that had been hatched in the meantime. A true expedition was about to begin. Soon a platoon of Soldiers were sent down each path with smaller scouting Formians among them, who could act both as scouts and couriers to the Explorators Chamber as it was now called. They also brought a small number of workers to help widen chambers, help with manual labor and to map the ever more complex chambers of this strange new subterranean world.

The Abeil eggs had also been hatched, as the Formians did not want to risk waiting too long until they reached the surface. The Abeil were not as agile in tunnels as the Formians, but they did live in the honeycombed tunnels of their hives, and so were accustomed enough to tunnels to be of use underground. While their ability to fly was not as helpful as on land, it was still a welcome and versatile addition to their numbers. And so the task of exploring and cataloging this vast new system of tunnels had begun, though at this point the Formians had only begun to explore the Underdark under Hope as it connected with the Tunnels under Despair dug by the Formians themselves.

The Colony, AKA Tunnels under Despair

Ever since the ants had been digging tunnels they had been discovered odd glowing rocks they could not identify. They had strange effects they wished to study, but when they brought them before the Many Legged God he grew suspicious, and ordered them kept separate from the rest of the ants. Only a few enlightened workers and their guards were to be permitted to be around them in any concentration, and so all such examples found were often carried to a vast chamber known as The Repository. Here some of the greatest minds of the Formians labored with workers and warriors alike to puzzle out the strange effects of these new stones that unbeknownst to them, was known as Frehernite.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
    Now, up close, Klashanna recognized the invaders for what they were - dwarves. She had seen them when she was, for lack of a better term, born. She remembered their tenacity, and thought it was unsurprising that they would look on her as an equal, despite her divinity. To those so used to looking up, everything tends to be seen down the length of one's nose.

But even so, some part of her was delighted - these dwarves had broken into the realm of a goddess under their own power - no mean feat to be sure.

But their reaction to their dead disturbed her greatly - no grief, no sense of loss. Just another casualty to their people's ambition... for what? The Top? Klashanna's mind raced - she could think of no such thing as "The Top" - to her knowledge, the void was infinite.

"I apologize deeply for the striking down of your people - I did not wish their death any more than you did. The warnings were not meant to limit you, only to guide you towards a more productive course of action. Had you heeded them, those dwarves would still be alive. However, I am confident that a deal can be made that satisfies both of us. I have many things that could help your people, but confess that I am at something of a loss as to what you want. You say that you seek out the Top, but surely you understand that there is no such thing? Beyond this structure lies only the empty Void - it is not a place where mortals can survive. But tell me - what is it that you believe you will find, when you reach the top? I may be able to aid you."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Just a note - the observatory isn't all that big - maybe the size of a large castle, at most. I get the impression you think its much bigger, from terms like "lands" - its a single building. A really advanced, impressive building, but not a "land" by any stretch of the imagination.
    The Top was their goal, the Top was their life. But even at the Top, there is space beyond. The dwarves continued expanding and raising Mt. Nolam with every brick and slab of metal. Where a ceiling blocked progress, a hole provided entrance. The dwarves continued to toil as Urist spoke:

"You speak of limits to those you think lesser than yourself. Death does not affect us, for there is only the loss of ambition. We will not compromise, resistance must yield to passion. Do not say what we seek is impossible, for we will make it possible.

Long have we yearned for the skies, a task not easy for our kind. Our early craft failed, but through continued effort we discovered a path to our dreams. A towering mountain we created, a testament of our practiced craft. We built to the skyshroud but we could not stop, for stopping is to deny further improvement. Now we build beyond the sky, beyond the beyond, to the reaches furthest from our grasp and beyond! Where we are now is but a step of a towering stair!"

Urist Bershukar reached for the Maiden of Invention. He and her were to speak on level ground. The horned helm of leadership and determination provided greater stature.

"You say we cannot survive the greatest height of our ambition, but that is where you are wrong. We shall find a way to survive ourselves or from others."

Spoiler
    Show
    Urist is threatening the use of force! He could also mean learning from others... But he's saying the last bit in a threatening manner. The tone of voice will be lost to time, but the words will remain.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Darrmoon, Enki, and Lady Ashe. The BlackWater Ocean

Darrmoon's blubbery form sneered at Ash's comment about the waters being poisonous.

"That must be fixed then."

The massive creature looked at Enki.

"Your oceans are currupted, do you find this as discusting as I? Hmm?"

Darrmoon then laughed to himself as the three creators moved to the one buried deep in the blackwater sea. He would see what was corrupting the existence of himself. This was slowly becoming another of the Dark Lady's ploys to destroy him. It mattered not. The realm of the Abyss would be eaten when the rest of the world was. Nothing would escape the meal. This would come later, for now he would have to remove the threat of Death upon the flavor, then he would have to remove this 'child of ash' to finish the job. This would be the mission The Chef would have to take, once his term in the gullet was served.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog-The Abyss

As he received his Mother's call, Ulthrogrog transfered his being into his Avatar. He was curious as to what business had called her to the Material Plane...and to his Rift, of all places, but he was certain that he would have those answers shortly enough. He sensed others amongst her...and those were enough to pique his interest.

The Oceans of Creation-Ulthrogrog, Darrmoon, Enki, Asharra

His eyes flared open, and his mighty tendrils undulated forth from his Blackwater Rift. He gripped two mighty spires, and pulled his massive form forth from the darkness. A free tendril caressed his mother's hair briefly before quickly drawing back. Each eye gazed upon each Creator, although the greatest scrutiny was upon Enki and Darrmoon.

"I see that my progenitors have all gathered together once more, and as it has happened before, I am once again brought forth by your combined existences." here his gaze was leveled solely upon Asharra, "What did you desire to speak to me about, Mother? You say that my Father and the Catalyst would seek to ally themselves with us? Intruiging, certainly...although to what end, I wonder?" he mused, his gaze falling back upon all three gods once more.
    ---------
    Godly Actions

Rollover +3 AP-1+3=4 AP
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ulthrogrog, Darrmoon, Enki, Asharra - The Blackwater Ocean

He followed her all the way north, his mind urging him to attack the Great Maw now, when its back was turned. Yet he could not divert his eyes from her form for even a second.

As they drew closer to the Blackwater, Enki began to change, his very essence darkening, his forgotten bond with both the divines becoming stronger. Then his son appeared, alien and massive, and the shock was so powerful Enki could barely hold back his laughter.

He let his son say his piece and then approached him and the Blackwater. "Deadly?" he said, "corrupt?"
    He held out his hand and let the unholy waters swirl around his arm, slowly spreading to his entire body. "No, not deadly. These waters are as much part of me as my son is. How could these waters be corrupt?"
    He smiled and touched one of Ulthrogrog's tentacles. "He's family."

The Blackwater around the ocean god suddenly jerked, retreated from the divine and plunged straight into his mouth.
    He choked and turned from the others. After a few moments of silence he began to laugh again. "What do you know? I'm not that hungry anymore."

The dragon's smile was gone. "You think you know more than a dragon? I am wiser and possess more knowledge than all of your scholars combined!"
    "Remove yourselves from my waters and go home. Don't come back until you have my gold."

The Sea Drake moved from the side of the ship to its front, to block any attempt to move forward. "Go. Now."
    Last edited by Goglas; 2010-06-05 at 08:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra, Enki, Darrmoon and Ulthrogrog: The Blackwater Rift

Asharra quirked a faint smile as Enki proved more durable than she had expected to the effects of her son's tainted waters. He would make a fine ally... and Darrmoon had already proved himself capable of besting a god.

Ulthrogrog. I desire your aid. She spoke evenly, comfortable in the face of her son's massive form, We tire of the pointless feuds between creators tearing all that is apart. With out combined might... we will end these other beings who would call themselves gods, and guide the world as we see fit.

Idly, she traced a hand down of one of Ulthrogrog's massive tentacles.

I invite you to join me. To join us. She said, her black tendrils snaking to grip Enki's hand, and touch Darrmoon. We can bind ourselves as one and become strong. You all only need agree.

--------------

Godly Actions: Create Pantheon (assuming at least two others agree to join) -2 AP = 2 AP

Our purpose... Deicide. The death of any and all gods who oppose us! I'm willing to simply join the pantheon rather than lead if is someone else wants to handle that. Let me know, and I'll refund myself the AP.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The New Pantheon, the Blackwater Sea

Darrmoon nodded, he would go with this plan. Dead things cannot eaten with any amount of enjoyment.

"Very well, I shall join."

The massive pink blob sent out a surge of divine energy to circle around the newly forming pantheon. He would be a member of this group. He would bring them into the fold. He would make them help the Chef.

Spoiler
    Show
    0 = 1 Join Pantheon - 1 AP
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-06-05 at 03:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

The Observatory

Klashanna, sensing the cold fury in the voice of the dwarven leader, and his motion to pull her down, quickly knelt on her own accord, putting her eye to eye with the smaller creature.

"Your ambition... your drive... these burn with a ferocity I have never seen outside the ranks of the Creators. For that, you have my respect - no, my admiration. I do not seek to belittle you. In fact, I wish to aid you however I can. I will clear a passage for you through this place, so that no more of your people... lose ambition from the hardships they face. If you wish to continue beyond, i will show you how to survive the trials of the Void, that you may continue your work."

"In return, I ask only one thing - I beg you to consider what has been said here. Ambition is the light and flame that drives us to excel, to progress. From it springs hope, courage, and all manner of wonderful things. But left to burn uncontrolled, it can rage and consume until nothing remains but a dried out husk. I do not ask you or your people to lose their ambition, but to harness it, control it, and use it to better yourselves. Rule your ambition, do not let it rule you. I do not ask that you act on my words at once - merely that you give them thought."

Still kneeling, the goddess extends a hand to the dwarf - a gesture of equals. "What say you? Will you take my offer, and allow us to aid one another?"

The Elegant Progression

Stone-faced, Captain Jules gave the order to turn the ship around. This was a research vessel, not a warship, and they could not hope to do battle with such a creature and emerge the victor. Even if they could, too many innocent lives would be lost. "Indeed, we shall leave, good sir. And when we return, I pray we will be able to negotiate on more even terms. Good day."

Their return to Staunen Harbor was bitter in the extreme. When the ship had been spotted, people had rushed to assemble - the explorers were back so soon? What tales they would tell! What wondrous things could lie beyond the sea?

They expected the disembarking heroes to come with their head held high, laden with exotic treasures. What they saw was quite different. One by one, the passengers debarked, stony-faced, stooped in shame, cliques leaning on one another for support. Jules came last, and stormed at once to the delegations of the nations, ready to tell them what had happened.

To the Lady Isabella and the ambassadors of the other nations, he spun his tale - of how, so early into the voyage, another intelligent species had been met. Of how it had demanded outrageous tribute for the simple act of sailing through "its" waters - the tactic of a common thug. Of how it had insulted and belittled the Saerite people at every opportunity, openly threatening the use of force against and unarmed vessel on a mission of peace.

By the time he finished, Jules was shouting over the uproar in the council chamber...

"...an outrage! Clear abuse of power..."
    "...we to sail the seas with these thugs patrolling them..."
    "...with peaceful intent! And STILL they..."

Isabella raised a hand, and the chamber quited at once. Although she was not the ruler of Pulse, she was one of the Five - most here were her children or grandchildren, or those of one of her sisters, and commanded their absolute respect.

The normally easygoing and upbeat maiden was stony-faced as she spoke. "These people... no, these... Creatures... are nothing but a setback. They are so convinced of their own superiority that they are blind to the idea that they might be wrong. Lady Turina of Grimm was just speaking to me about a new discovery made in the Vallan mines - a stone that, when specially prepared, explodes with great force. Our finest minds shall be turned to a way to wield this new tool against these... dragons."

"Captain Jules, you showed great wisdom on your journey, and prevented what could have become a terrible catastrophe in less steady hands. From this day forth, you will be Admiral Jules, and you shall lead the new fleet in search of this place... Hope. We must show these things that Saerites are not slaves to their whims. Perhaps they will be more willing to see us as equals once we have dealt them a blow."

And so the days and weeks passed, as the new fleet took shape in the harbor. Five ships, led by a refitted Elegant Progression. Their armor was thicker, their decks deeper, and every one was outfitted with dozens of the strange new invention from Valla. Great, black things of cast iron, there was no beauty in them, no clever turn of form - only power.

They were Cannon, and they would be the instruments of the Saerites' vengeance.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: AP 5 : 3 + 3 (Rollover) - 1 (Teach Populace - Gunpowder)
    Right now, the saerites only have Cannon, but they'll likely pick up other uses as time goes on.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
    The Observatory

Klashanna, sensing the cold fury in the voice of the dwarven leader, and his motion to pull her down, quickly knelt on her own accord, putting her eye to eye with the smaller creature.

"Your ambition... your drive... these burn with a ferocity I have never seen outside the ranks of the Creators. For that, you have my respect - no, my admiration. I do not seek to belittle you. In fact, I wish to aid you however I can. I will clear a passage for you through this place, so that no more of your people... lose ambition from the hardships they face. If you wish to continue beyond, i will show you how to survive the trials of the Void, that you may continue your work."

"In return, I ask only one thing - I beg you to consider what has been said here. Ambition is the light and flame that drives us to excel, to progress. From it springs hope, courage, and all manner of wonderful things. But left to burn uncontrolled, it can rage and consume until nothing remains but a dried out husk. I do not ask you or your people to lose their ambition, but to harness it, control it, and use it to better yourselves. Rule your ambition, do not let it rule you. I do not ask that you act on my words at once - merely that you give them thought."

Still kneeling, the goddess extends a hand to the dwarf - a gesture of equals. "What say you? Will you take my offer, and allow us to aid one another?"
    The dwarves laughed heartily at the words of the Maiden of Invention. A smile came to Urist's face as he, a mortal, shook hands with a god.

"You speak to us as if we were children! There is nothing to worry for those who look skyward to their dreams."

Urist motioned to the dwarves to continue the expansion of Mt. Nolam. Devices and plates were stripped for conversion to the world's greatest work.

"This place shall become a stepping stone in our path. These fortifications shall be ours and you will bring us ever higher beyond the Top. Make haste, you must serve us well so we may build above the gods! Just as our might has conquered a divine, so it will conquer the hostile Void!"

The dwarves cheered and continued to work. The Celestial Observatory would soon be no more but a series of rooms within Mt. Nolam, the world's greatest work.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Goblin Lands

A Passage from the Great History of the Goblins

"I love the mountains, to meet the traitor soul is not mentioned. Continue to grow, and asked him to leave the city life."
    And so the Goblins, cast aside by the treacherous Halflings made their way into the mountains, forever to be exiled. Yet they continued to expand, and soon the tribes began to build their cities.

The Goblins had established themselves within the mountains of Despair. At first, the original Goblins had separated themselves intro tribes, due to the fact that no one can stand the Goblins... including the Goblins themselves. However, after a few tribes were wiped out as a result of the roaming Living Dead that plague Despair, it was decided that there is safety in numbers, which is why the Goblin tribes moved close together, and eventually founded a principle city.

That is how the capital of the self proclaimed Great Goblin Empire was founded. By the standards of the other nations, the "Big City" was the size of a small fortress at best... not that the Empire was that big either, but you try telling that to the Goblins.

The city is surrounded by make-shift palisade walls which gives at least a minimal form of protection. The houses within the Big City was no more than tents, with the odd few buildings here and there. One such building dominated the skyline of the city; and by dominating it is meant that it is the only building that is over 2 stories high; and that is the Senate building of the Empire.

It was agreed by the leaders of the Goblin tribes that some form of government would be needed, a place where the law of the Empire could be debated and formed for the greater good of the Empire. Instead they got the Senate, a room full of hyperactive Goblin leaders yelling gibberish at each other all day long, barley any decisions made, fist fights happened daily corruption running rampart and political backstabbing and assassinations were a common occurrence. All this under the watchful eye of the Chancellor, a figure head elected every 2 years to rule over the Senate... however due to the nature of Goblin politics, a Chancellor's reign only ever lasted on average for a couple of months. In fact, being nominated a Chancellor was short of being a death sentence, which was the reason why the Chancellorship has a deep history of paranoia and mental insanity, which gave even more reasons for the Tribes to arrange the assassinations... such a vicious cycle.

In front of the Senate, a single Goblin approached, with a strange object in his hands. It was the leader of the Goblin Raiding Party who bravely managed to thwart a large Iron Gnomish Invasion upon the Goblin Mountains and at the same time looted their valuable treasures. At least that was the Goblin version of the event.

Not really sure what this Gnomish technology was, the Raid Leader was asked to demonstrate what this necklace of translation could do. Of course according to the Raid Leader's story, he had used the Gnomish technology against the Gnomes when he repelled their invasion, and so now in front of the entire Senate, he had to show how he had done it. Grabbing the necklace, the Raid leader start to rub it. Upon seeing that nothing happens, he starts to click on the gem in the middle. Seeing the Senate getting impatient, and many of the Senators contemplating how to torture him, the Raid Leader gets frustrated and throws the necklace onto the floor. Upon impact, something happened, which causes the entire thing to malfunction and then proceed to explode, reducing the Raid Leader to Ashes and blowing up half the Senate building.

As soon as the dust settles, the Chancellor emerging from behind his seat, observes the damage done to the building, and being happy that he survived yet another close call, he passes the motion to the surviving Senate that the brightest Goblins should begin researching in the technology of "Things that go BOOM!" or as the Goblins call it... "What are the Steps" technology.

The Moon

For centuries the cold corpse of the god of Death remained impaled upon Moon's Tooth. His blood had slowly seeped into Moon's Tooth itself, and was now seeping deep into the ground of the Moon. A grisly reminder of the End which almost happened.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC

AP 5= 7-2, Gain Portfolio; Devastation
    AP 3= 5-2, Gain Domain; Destruction

Actions done for the Destruction Domain
    Pick any of the 10 Pestilences... seriously...
    Last edited by Shmee; 2010-06-06 at 11:40 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

26. - Top - End - #206

The Observatory

Klashanna gazed upon the dwarves - she hated herself for what she was about to do, but it seemed to be the only option. There was no other choice but to slay the dwarves outright - which was no choice at all.

"You twist my words and my intentions, but even so, a Pact has been sealed. I will lend you passage and aid, and in return..."

"You Will Think About It."

The words of the Maiden of Invention flooded into the mind of Urist - they broke upon the iron wall of his ambition, but already they were moving on, on to the other dwarves in his company, on to those guarding the entrance to the Observatory, on to each and every dwarven mind. No two dwarves heard quite the same thing, but some later described it as hearing the color gold. Laughter - not at the defeat of an enemy or completion of a project, but simply for its own sake. Love - not for an idea, or a people, but for a person. And other things - grief for a fallen friend, hope for a brighter tomorrow, and most strangely of all - ambition. Ambition aimed not upwards - ambition to make things better - ambition that made you say "Because" and ask "Why."

Many - perhaps even most - were able to shut out the infernal, disturbing golden light, fortifying their minds as their leader had done with great walls of Ambition for the sky. But here and there, a dwarf's fortress would have a chink in its armor, and the light would fill him with its message.

When the light died down around them, these dwarves found themselves changed. Their hair and beards were no longer the brown or black of typical dwarves, but a deep and lustrous gold. Their skin had darkened to a metallic bronze, and was hot as if with fever, but they were not sick. But most importantly, they found that the light had not died down inside them.

Still they felt it! That infernal, awful, WHY! The HOW and BECAUSE! It burned inside them, twisting their Ambition - they no longer felt the need to reach ever upwards! But soon they realized that their ambition had simply taken another form - they must aid their fellow dwarves! There were so many things that their life was lacking, and now they could build them all! THIS was to be their ambition - and as they thought about what they had been like, before the Light, it dawned on them.

Building a mountain to the sky would probably have been easier.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: AP 4 : 5 - 1 (Create Subrace - Gold Dwarves)

As the dwarves struggled with the Light she had set upon them, Klashanna slipped quietly away. Silently, the door of the observatory slid open, a clear path upwards, should the dwarves choose to take it. But for now... she rested, and some part of her wished she could cry.

Staunen Harbor

They were ready. If the Elegant Progression had been ugly before, it was doubly so now, both in appearance and purpose. It bristled with Cannon, and it's holds were filled with what the alchemists termed "Bombs" - great metal barrels filled with powder and metal shards that could be dropped into the water to strike a deadly blow against any creature of the sea.

Its four new sister ships were no different in function, though they shared superficial differences in form. The Price of Progress, the Nations' Reach, the Distant Shore, and the Sense of Wonder were ready to sail at a moment's notice, and that moment had finally come.

The ships mission was adamantly the same as last time - find new lands, new people, and trade ideas and goods with them for mutual benefit. But this time, they would not be stopped by petty thugs, dragon or not. As a prominent member of the Council of Pulse had pointed out, it was likely they would get more with a kind word and a cannon, than just a kind word.

The linguists, researchers, writers and scientists were still on board, spread amongst the five ships, but they shared the space with sailors and soldiers this time around. The soldiers of the five nations had never fought a war before, but they had done battle with the horrid Dire Beasts that were sometimes stumbled upon in the less settled regions of Progress, and they had been trained in the use of the Bomb and Cannon.

The five ships, lead by Admiral Jules from the helm of the Elegant Progression, pulled out of harbor to thunderous fanfare. They were on a journey of discovery once more - and nothing would stand in their way.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Free action: Raise Mortal Hero (Admiral Jules)
    Once again, the ships are en-route to Hope. Left to their own devices, they will reach it before too long, so here your chance to intercept, if you wish.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Blackwater Rift-Asharra, Darrmoon, Enki, and Ulthrogrog

"Yes, Father. A Son who hopes to see that his Father's seas thrive...and to see all who would dare to defile and mock them be consumed by our wrath. I am glad that we have finally met at last...to see the face of he who tore his way from the Starving One's gullet."

His father's reaction to the Blackwater was an interesting one, to be sure, although this was hardly a concern to Ulthrogrog. An alliance between them would certainly help him cement his goals. He eyed Darrmoon momentarily. He was confident that the ever-hungering god would betray them the first chance he could. Darrmoon's only concern seemed to be Darrmoon. He had already agreed to join the Pantheon, and Ulthrogrog was not willing to ignore this pact simply because he disliked one of its participants. He would have to keep an eye on Darrmoon, perhaps find a way to make the ravenous beast more managable.

"My dearest Mother, my noble Father. These seas shall never be safe so long as the selfish creators of the Land and Sky exist. This alliance, forged between the gods of realms unseen, shall allow us to protect this world from their foolish actions. I agree to this culmination of our power, to become anathema to these so-called "Creators" whose feuds threaten our world."

Ulthrogrog contributed his share of power to the circle, solidifying the bond between the three who had sworn the oath. He awaited for his father to follow suit.
    ------------
    Godly Actions

Create Pantheon-1 AP

5-1=4 AP
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Blackwater Rift-Asharra, Darrmoon, Enki, Ulthrogrog

His son's mention of Enki's time inside the Great Maw disturbed the god for a few moments, but not as it did while he was with his daughter. Yes, Ulthrogrog was family too, and his obvious appreciation for his father's realm pleased him greatly. How much he loved his family, even now, under his darkening soul.

Enki lifted the black tendril in his hand to rest against his shoulder and kissed it softly, caressing it and treasuring Asharra's touch.
    "Very well," he said faintly, almost absent-minded. He outstretched his free hand and let the Blackwater in him flow through his veins and mutate his body. With a hint of pain, and a small measure of enjoyment, several small eyes opened along the water god's right forearm and transformed his fingers into thin, bony claws.

With the tendril still on his shoulder, Enki moved his head to the other side slightly and exposed his neck. A quick cut with one of the claws and his divine blood flowed out, drifting through the water around them and coalescing with the circle of power around the gods.

"Hmm...Pretty."

The Five Ships, En-route to Hope

The same stirring from beneath was felt once more, only this time closer to Progress' shores. It has been a day and a half at most since they left the harbor, and already the Sea Drake's massive head loomed above the water.

It circled the ships slowly, examining their new instruments of war. "Hello again, Saerites. Have you brought me my gold?"

Spoiler
    Show

OOC:
    Rollover 13 + 2 = 15
    Join Pantheon: 15 - 1 = 14 AP left.
    Last edited by Goglas; 2010-06-07 at 11:44 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Blackwater Rift, Darrmoon, Enki, Lady Ashe, and Ulthrogrog

Darrmoon grumbled, he was tired of listening to these creatures who did not wish to do anything but have a family meeting.

"My fellows, we must act quickly. As we are the protectors of the world, the oceans are not the best place for all of us to be. Enki, Ulthrogrog, you both treasure the oceans, in your own way. I would not dare ask you leave it.

I do not know if you have felt it, but the creator who created the sun has faded. It is a place that could see all things in the world and wait for something to threaten the world, for death to come again. I no love for a dead world. I consume, but I do not wish ill.

Lady Ashe, we have had our problems, same as I have had with others. I consume, it makes problems. Perhaps we could go to the sun and place either you, who belongs to the abyss, or me who belongs...were there is food. Yes, the sun would be the perfect seeing point for all things. I would exile myself from the world to make that my home. However, what do you say? Be rid of me from your oceans...all you have to do is help me conquer the sun.

One lookout gained, and one big bad Darrmoon lost. Everyone wins, I can consume, and it won't effect the oceans.
    "

Darrmoon belched, he hated channeling that awful halfling's etiquette, but what could he do?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra, Enki, Ulthrogrog and Darrmoon: The Blackwater Rift

You guess my intentions. Asharra said with a bemused smile at the maw-god's sudden eloquent words, The sun god has laid idle as this chaos has befallen the world. He concerns himself only with guiding the souls of the dead. Were he to act, there would be no dead. He is the first that must fall.

She traced a slender tendril across Enki's back as she swum past.

To slay this one, we must remove both his defenders, and the source of his powers... the sun itself. Darrmoon, I leave that to you. Surely the devourer of all can handle this task. She spoke, then turned to the others, The two of you, I will need by my side.

------------------

AP: 2 + 3 (Rollover) = 5

Pantheon AP = 1 (Rollover)

PM's incoming for all! If anyone needs the pantheon AP, send me a PM. Otherwise, Asharra will likely be using it during the attack.