New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: New [Steam] - New RAAAAAGE 10

Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    Am I the only one who is doing better as a Pyro...?
    No, I also have not been harmed by the changes, I dare say I might even be a better pyro. Not that I'm good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone else getting this ATM?
    "The steam servers are too busy to handle your request- please try again later"
    Just wanted to make sure the servers ARE too busy, not just glitchy,

Anyway, I have made more purchases today:
    Orange Box (HIP HIP HUZZAH!)
    UFO afterlight
    KOTOR 1
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

So am I in drunk vs. sober, and what time is it?
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

4. - Top - End - #1414

So it turns out you can craft all the new weapons by using the old ones. Why am I just learning this now? Here's a link for anyone else. http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php They're at the bottom.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Myatar_Panwar View Post
    edit: I'm interested because at the time of the update, the backburner needing to be nerfed seemed like the general consensus. Nearly everyone wanted valve to "fix it".

But now that people have gotten used to the leafblower and its many uses, most would argue that the backburner at its current state is not worthwhile.

Wondering if valve got it right the first time, or if the various other class updates just made them right.
    I'm wondering if, due to the fact the Pyro update basically added two new flamethrowers, Valve shouldn't have just made the Backburner the standard flamethrower, and let the Leafblower be the unlock... I think that would work so much better, actually...
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    So am I in drunk vs. sober, and what time is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    Saturday night! Lobbies should be going up around 2200 EST. Games should be starting shortly thereafter.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah. 22:00 at -5 GMT is 5 AM for me. That's a bit too late/early to be awake.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

Good news! Visit this in maybe half an hour, download the goodness you find there, and we can do some Versus if I'm not in the drunk/sober match. Or the drunk/sober match can be done there.

Also could I get that uploaded to our L4D2 server? I'm going to be away for an hour or two, which is why I'm posting the link now.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I'm wondering if, due to the fact the Pyro update basically added two new flamethrowers, Valve shouldn't have just made the Backburner the standard flamethrower, and let the Leafblower be the unlock... I think that would work so much better, actually...
    But... would it actually solve anything? Unlocks are meant to give options, not be instantly better.

Exceptions would be the meidic primary and melee unlocks, but nobody is going to miss using the normal needle gun or bone saw because their new counterparts act exactly the same.

The leaf blower and backburner are so drastically different that both should be on the same playing level, imo.
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

10. - Top - End - #1420

But... would it actually solve anything? Unlocks are meant to give options, not be instantly better.
    Now, I actually reckon the Leafblower and Backburner are more similar in terms of power.

I just think that what with everyone complaining about how the flamethrower does less damage, it might have been prudent to make it an unlock, and have its disadvantage be that it does less damage.

The unlocks are (generally) supposed to negate or lessen a weakness but add a new weakness. Going off the Backburner as a base, the Leafblower negates the fact that the Pyro is pretty much defenseless against rockets, arrows and grenades, but it makes it a worse weapon offensively. It's like the Scottish Resistance: that's an unlock and it's more complex.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-05-15 at 01:17 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

Who crafted a panama?
    I crafted a panama!
    Man, I wish I had a decent hat.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    Who crafted a panama?
    I crafted a panama!
    Man, I wish I had a decent hat.

Could have been worse.

There's a sequel which I didn't link, mostly because the lyrics associated with it are on the foul side. You can go ahead and seek that out yourself, if you feel the need.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-05-15 at 02:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

Exceptions would be the meidic primary and melee unlocks, but nobody is going to miss using the normal needle gun or bone saw because their new counterparts act exactly the same.
    Huh? I actually use the normal primary weapon because I actually believe it's better for me to survive afterburns or otherwise recover faster from any low HP incapacitation. I can't aim with Syringe Gun well anyway, so I don't use the Blutsauger, because I barely ever hit with that weapon. That, and I tend to play on Arenas a lot, where I really don't want to die, so chances are if I ever become alone in Arena match, that I'm already dead.

So, is Blutsauger *really* that much better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

I was actually unaware that they changed it to give the whole -2 damage per second on wearer. Is that only in affect when you have it out? In that case, I would say that yes, the blut is definitely that much better. Unless you know you can't land at least one syringe per second while firing it, which is rather sad....
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

15. - Top - End - #1425

I was actually unaware that they changed it to give the whole -2 damage per second on wearer. Is that only in affect when you have it out? In that case, I would say that yes, the blut is definitely that much better. Unless you know you can't land at least one syringe per second while firing it, which is rather sad....
    We've actually had this discussion before. Ya you are regaining health with the bluts but if you are on your own, 9/10 times your dead. Period. The syringe gun is preferable because A: it encourages you to heal anyone near you and B: the life regen. Any class has, in general, a better chance of keeping you alive then you do. B comes into play here because that can be the difference between your ally landing the kill shot before your attacker does. Now this is mainly directed at comp play but since a meta game discussion seems kind of pointless in terms of pub play that's where I'm going with it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saturday night! Lobbies should be going up around 2200 EST. Games should be starting shortly thereafter.
    First off, hooray to 32 character alphanumeric passwords that are impossible to type into a phone when the font doesn't distinguish between l, 1 and I.

But yus, can't make this game either, still over yonder with family. Will have to miss out on fun+ games for the time being. My apologies for this.
    Last edited by Scorpionica; 2010-05-15 at 04:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

The question of the day is, do I want to pull an all nighter on the premise of trying to reset my sleep cycle, or do I go to sleep like any sane person...

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Is it sad that I didn't even know about the airblast until reading this thread?

Is it worse that I thought it was something you had to find until just recently?

19. - Top - End - #1429

Also for those of you in my group for the L4D2 game tonight. There is a small chance I may be late, no more then 15 min by my estimate. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

20. - Top - End - #1430

So, we are starting at 10 for tonights L4D2?

And what are the teams again?
    Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Dude, don't. Not cool. Seriously.

We don't talk about the Great Presidential Necrophilia Incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Wojo is my conjoined twin.

21. - Top - End - #1431

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    Is it sad that I didn't even know about the airblast until reading this thread?

Is it worse that I thought it was something you had to find until just recently?
    Well, it's not like they do anything to explain in game.

They really need to update the tips.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

22. - Top - End - #1432

Quote Originally Posted by wojonatior View Post
    So, we are starting at 10 for tonights L4D2?

And what are the teams again?

Spoiler
    Show
    Teams are as follows

Team OSI (Drunk)
    mightymonarch (Dr. Girlfriend), Djinn_In_Tonic (The Djinn), Darth Mario ([ChHa] Darth Mario) and Sleverin (Sleverin).

Team Sphinx (sober)
    Dispozition ([GitP] AWESOMECOP), Emlyn (:HIT: Emlyn), Wojonatior (Wojonatior) and Pie Guy [PENDING INFO].

Team Venture (Drunk)
    Tarbrush ([GitP] Tarbrush), Northforce (Dash Rendar), Faulty (who knows anymore?), and Scorpionica ([ChHa] Scorpionica)

Team Monarch (sober)
    Worira (Worira), Byrnbot08 ([ChHa] Byrnbot08), Penguinizer (pengiunizer510), and Mtg_player_zach (Mtg_player_zach)

Alts (For either team if someone goes missing)

Drunk
    none

Sober
    Rutskarn ([ChHa] Rutskarn), Kyouhen (ɹɐsɐɥʇlɐq [ssnɔ])

Unknown affiliation
    Imposter [PENDING INFO]

If your forum name is followed by [PENDING INFO], you never filled out an 'official' signup. I need the following info from you.

a. Steam Name
    2. Team
    iii. Weapon of Choice (if drunk)

Everyone, thank Emlyn. He was kind enough to offer his clan's L4D2 server for use so we now have 2 servers for 2 games. OSI vs. Sphinx will be using the HIT server, while Venture vs. Monarch will be the GitP server. Has anybody figured out how to get the dedicated server connection command to work? Also, who wants to create all the necessary channels on the Mumble server? Thirdly, did a Steam group admin create an event for this?

Who will be recording demos and/or livestreaming? Let me know, so I can add the info to the post.

The intoxication level will be to the point of being obnoxious and not having an inhibition to talking.

Most Important - DO NOT BREAK ANY LAWS OR RULES. Pretty please? If you do, it's ain't my fault.

Lastly, how about some music to get you pumped up?
    Insert witty comment about my post not being long enough here.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Orc in the Playground

I have discovered something important about Penumbra Overture. Namely, it is no way alt-tab friendly. I just managed to crash my computer trying to reply to a l4d2 invite.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

I won't be able to make it, you can safely replace me with one of the sober alts. I'm sorry, but it's too early in the morning for me to really be able to play.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    They really need to update the tips.
    Yeah, the one that says "as a pyro you can often set enemies on fire and run, leaving them to die from the burning" makes me roll my eyes every time I see it.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by potatocubed View Post
    Yeah, the one that says "as a pyro you can often set enemies on fire and run, leaving them to die from the burning" makes me roll my eyes every time I see it.
    "Mouse 1 fires your weapon! Try it sometime!"

27. - Top - End - #1437

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinizer View Post
    I won't be able to make it, you can safely replace me with one of the sober alts. I'm sorry, but it's too early in the morning for me to really be able to play.
    No problem!

28. - Top - End - #1438

L4D2 server should be updating. With luck, we'll have it for tonight.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

I think I might pass on the game. In the past 3 days I've had a cumulative 22 hours of job training and I am exhausted.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

30. - Top - End - #1440

And are we just going to use mumble and all be in the same channel? Because I want to hear the screams of the drunkards as we slaughter them.
    Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Dude, don't. Not cool. Seriously.

We don't talk about the Great Presidential Necrophilia Incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Wojo is my conjoined twin.