New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 4

I have no problem putting their ages down- indeed, it probably works better, given that the pressure in japan to do well in tests is even higher than in Western countries.

Also, I support the game, as a whole, beginning on the 9th, unless BleachitP picks up substantially by then. However, Kraz and I may run an Episode Thread for the two of us detailing Izumi gaining her powers, if it's all right with you guys.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

First, I vote Yes on Menos Fusion.

Second....If this game starts, I'll do my best to keep up with it and all. But I'm going to be pushing the other game to wrap up. I personally don't want to try to track 2 Bleach games any longer than I have to.

Third,
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I don't know if this will seem pretentious, rude, stupid or whatever, but I'd just like to chime in on a few of these.
    I don't think it's quite any of those things. I do think it's a bit...behind the curve. I'll address each in turn a bit more, but...
    Keep in mind that this game is not canon. That's important. Whatever things were like in canon, they're not like that here. For one thing, we're actually fleshing out these divisions. Those 1-word duties are just a pithy summary we've had, and are perhaps even a touch out of date. Or not.

2) I'd say they are more recon than 9. Half their jobs are to scout enemies and/or kill them. "Recon and Assassination" would be closer, I guess. "Ninja" is too broad a term--even if they dress like ninja. I could be completely wrong however since I haven't read the whole manga series. I can say that they suck at silent assassinations (as do all Naruto characters).
    Ninjas would operate alone, or in small cells. I don't know how Moon Wolf would run 2nd, but in the last Bleachitp, as 2nd Captain, I fused 2nd and the Omunmiwhatever into one group. The basic idea was "stealthy special operations group". They're too busy killing the enemy quietly to get a good "lay of the land" idea.

3) I don't see anything wrong here... due to lack of any evidence from the manga and show. Maybe "Capital Punishment" instead? There's no real difference.
    "Execution" is 1 word, though. Also, per tvga's writeup, they'd likely be jailers, executors, and so on. Basically, the Division that runs punishments.

4) "Medicine" is general enough, and summarises everything that they do (I think).
    Tacky's right; 4th is the "support" Division. Including Peacetime Logistical Control.

5) "Diplomacy" sounds much better. Otherwise they're no better than the butterflies.
    Per Callos' writeup, 5th Division would a.)raise, manage, care for, etc all Hell Butterflies, b.)be the people who run around with high-priority hardcopy messages, and c.)manage the reiphone network. So, yeah, Communications fits.

7) I don't get why this squad is logistics. I haven't read the whole manga, so I'm probably missing some detail that justifies this. I do wonder if "Agriculture" would fit them better...
    It was in the last game. Logistics, that is. That's a pretty big job. In Reborn, it's actually split between 4th and 8th. 4th takes care of it in peace, and does the physical side of it no matter what. In war (big or small), 8th Division has people dedicated to directing logistics.
    However, Innis Cabal had a writeup for an "Xth" Division that actually seemed quite solid for 7th. In that writeup, they were the ones who did building construction, at least inside Seireitei, as well as handling morale via parties and sake, and apparently being part of the defense of Seireitei. I'd say the "Building and Morale Division" might be a good idea seed for a future 7th Captain applicant.

9) Recon usually involves them going out themselves, but they don't. They have other's do this for them. For this reason, I'd suggest "Logistics" be applied to this squad because information from every squad goes through them to reach everyone else. So... "Internal Affairs"?
    Nah. "Recon" is actually a pretty involved job. And what's to say the members of 9th wouldn't be doing the recon work themselves?
    Again, canon doth not reign here.

10) "Head of Investigations"?
    "Police" includes the more mundane duties, like breaking up bar brawls. "Internal" just means they don't deal with stuff outside the Seireitei.

11) "War" sounds better than "Fight" even if they're basically a sanctioned Fight Club.
    All things considered, I think "Fight" works best, even if they're less mindless-brawler-esque than canon.

13) I don't get it... Do they organise each patrol? This is terribly vague. I'm not against it, but... Maybe they should be head of spirit world investigations while tenth is in charge of the mortal world investigations. Or the other way around? I'm drawing a blank with this squad and their job.
    Well, per Horngeek's writeup, they're the ones that do normal anti-Hollow and soul-burial patrols in the Mortal World.

And I'm debating whether or not I should reenter this game (or enter, since it's a new Bleach itP). HG, you remember my old entry, right? I'll probably use that old thing, but update it so it's better. Now... to apply for 3rd or 13th Captain...
    Well. You can apply for any position. But keep in mind 2 other people are also competing for 3rd, and HG's going for 13th. And per Frozen Feet's post, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th and 11th have no Captain entry.

That might not be totally true, though. MSH, is Koujin going to be Captain, or no?

Anyways. A couple things to keep in mind: We're going for a lower power scale here. For instance, our CG can't actually blow up cities with his Shikai, and our 8th Captain has lightsabers for his shikai, instead of reality-warping. And so on. Feel free to browse the Character Registry thread to get a feel for things.
    Also, we're not that close to canon. Oh, a lot of the "base mechanics" are, but history, organization, etc., are all original here. Hence why it's not so big of a deal what the Divisions were like in canon. I mean, really, in canon, the Omniwhatever took care of, like, 5-6 large areas of duty, including running the prisons, being human messengers, AND being ninja. As you can see, we've split some of those off.
    Anyways. Feel free to post your character concept in this thread, and we can go from there.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    For instance, our CG can't actually blow up cities with his Shikai
    People do realise that I could use Daisuke's Shikai without any changes in a much lower seat?

Seriously, the reason he was broken last game (and intentionally so) was two reasons: a), he had a Resureccion type form, and b) ridiculous amounts of reiatsu on tap.

Neither his Shikai, nor Bankai are actually broken- indeed, looking purely at his Bankai abilities, it might be a little underpowered. Indeed, ignoring his Inner Hollow hax (including swapping control of his body pretty much at will between Shinken, Daisuke and Daisuke's Inner Hollow to nullify mind-altering affects) and completly ridiculous spiritual pressure, Daisuke is probably among the more balanced characters of the original game.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-28 at 08:14 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Indeed, ignoring his Inner Hollow hax (including swapping control of his body pretty much at will between Shinken, Daisuke and Daisuke's Inner Hollow to nullify mind-altering affects) and completly ridiculous spiritual pressure, Daisuke is probably among the more balanced characters of the original game.
    "Ignoring all of his best powers, he's the most balanced!"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm referring to Old Man Yama with the "blow up cities" bit.

Notice how I refer to the 8th Captain having reality-warping? Pretty sure Kiljaeran doesn't.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway, I only got one real comment on her, so I'll toss up a link again, just in case someone missed her:

Arcelia Cruz, Tercera Candidate

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    "Ignoring all of his best powers, he's the most balanced!"
    Ignoring all the powers I'd specifically cut out if I wanted to transfer him, yes.

The reason I'm saying this is that people keep calling Daisuke's Z-pac broken, when Shinken actually... isn't. Kowazu Hizashi was added on because I thought his Bankai was pretty weak, in fact.

Oh. Right. Kill-J does have that messing around with minds, or whatever. I never really got what his Zanpaktou does, anyway.

But it seems good to me.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyway, I only got one real comment on her, so I'll toss up a link again, just in case someone missed her:

I like her. The angelic theme is nice. Also, her theme song is a no-brainer.

"Here's wishing you stab the King of the Sandbox in the back, hard."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fixed the entire roblem with Kaz. I decided to go the route of "wiki Masamune" and mess around withit. Came up with the idea of two seperate shikai's, one of which is far less powewrful than the other. He uses this one to fake out his opponents. It's a scythe. His real Shikai is a sword made of compressed air. It's ability? He sticks you with it, and if he sticks youj with it in the same place twice, that part is frozen or overheats due to the air. The sword is literally solidified air, so it's pretty much invisible. Now I must deadtime for school. I'll fiddle with his personality later.

EDIT: Scythe has the same special as his current shikai. The compressed air sword is about 4 ft blade.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-04-28 at 08:32 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, Arcelia's themesong is Descent of the Archangel. It's one of the things that inspired her from the beginning.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Halfling in the Playground

Okay... If this RP starts before the other one finishes, I won't be able to participate in both. Also, Tai's position is dependent very much on whether or not Sakura gets a captain or vice captain seat. I would like to see Tai in a VC position, but if only one is allowed for each person, then I am not sure where to have her. My only thought would be the Kido Corps as a sort of second in command but not really VC role, because the Kido Corps seems like the kind of squad to fudge the rules in terms of squad construction.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

12. - Top - End - #192
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    Okay... If this RP starts before the other one finishes, I won't be able to participate in both. Also, Tai's position is dependent very much on whether or not Sakura gets a captain or vice captain seat. I would like to see Tai in a VC position, but if only one is allowed for each person, then I am not sure where to have her. My only thought would be the Kido Corps as a sort of second in command but not really VC role, because the Kido Corps seems like the kind of squad to fudge the rules in terms of squad construction.
    IIRC there was a VC of the KC. Not called a VC, but still a second in command.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

PR: Starting this one concurrently will only happen if the original BleachitP does not pick back up for the finale.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I'd like to be able to RP with you guys as soon as possible.

Ironically, the 9th is just two days prior to my birthday.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    PR: Starting this one concurrently will only happen if the original BleachitP does not pick back up for the finale.
    At this point, I can't see why the two couldn't co-exist. In any case, keeping people waiting for this one much longer is a bit unfair.

Besides, not all characters have to jump in the fray immediatly at the start. This RP will be around after the old one, so if people are busy, they can tie things together before starting to play their characters here.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

I've got this idea for an 11th division captain (and another for a 4th division one) in case the positions happen to need filling. I'd obviously be using one OR the other, of course.

EDIT: Ah, just noticed the 4th division post is filled.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-04-28 at 09:27 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Barbarian in the Playground

On the subject of soul fusion... I dunno.

If nomming souls results in a singular gestalt entity rather than a conglomeration then suddenly we've got a second soul-sink to deal with other than the Quincy. It also seems like it would result in inanely powerful souls should they get purified.

I think I favor the concept of the souls all remaining separate. The flavor just strikes me as more interesting. So that's a No vote.

On starting, obviously I would like to see things begin sooner rather than later given that I'm not involved with the other Bleach RP.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    If nomming souls results in a singular gestalt entity rather than a conglomeration then suddenly we've got a second soul-sink to deal with other than the Quincy. It also seems like it would result in inanely powerful souls should they get purified.
    *Ahem* Those insanely powerful Shinigami souls have to come from somewhere. I think the soul fusion answers that better than the alternative. Also, the soul sink things was part of the reason why Draken proposed the idea, if I recall right.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    3: Aki's 16. If you leave Kina at 17, I may bump Aki up to 17, but I agree with the idea that it would be better to drop them down a grade. Especially because you don't want your characters to have to choose between saving the World, and getting into College.
    I'm fine with my character being a year younger. It doesn't really matter to me. Anyways, us mortals could be robbing banks or cheating in professional sport events using our powers. Who needs college?

And another thing, who simply aims for college? All fictional characters aim for Tokyo U like Keitaro in Love Hina.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I dunno how well it fits Kina, I think I'll have to listen to it a few more times. For a musical theme, I liked the others.
    I wasn't really recommending it as anything. I've just listened to it several times today and made a connection.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-28 at 10:01 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Guys, you DO realize that people can also repeat grades rather than simply being younger, right?

Jes' sayin'.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground

To fail school one must be: Smart and lazy; stupid and lazy; stupid and... well, stupid. Then there's sickly, but wee.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

It's an interesting concept, but I'm worried about yet another Hueco Mundo agent interacting directly with the Mortal World, particularly one that would presumably require a Captain, or even more, to dispatch. This is not a recipe for keeping the Captains uninvolved in the initial conflicts, as I thought was the intention of this game.

Also, is her Ressureccion sword a proper lightsaber, or does it function the same as a normal sword, just prettier? If the former, that steps on an 8th Division Captain applicant's toes a fair bit.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    It's an interesting concept, but I'm worried about yet another Hueco Mundo agent interacting directly with the Mortal World, particularly one that would presumably require a Captain, or even more, to dispatch. This is not a recipe for keeping the Captains uninvolved in the initial conflicts, as I thought was the intention of this game.

Also, is her Ressureccion sword a proper lightsaber, or does it function the same as a normal sword, just prettier? If the former, that steps on an 8th Division Captain applicant's toes a fair bit.
    She's definitely not the fighting sort, and I don't intend to really introduce her until later. If she shows up in the beginning, it will be more as "this person is a source of some lesser hollows which you have to deal with" or someone who acts as a weird creep who knows a bit too much.

And no, no lightsaber. I might give it some nifty effects, but it's mostly just saying "she still has a sword."

Edit: Also, what do you mean by "yet another?" The only other one I can find is Draken's...
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2010-04-28 at 11:02 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

She's definitely not the fighting sort, and I don't intend to really introduce her until later. If she shows up in the beginning, it will be more as "this person is a source of some lesser hollows which you have to deal with" or someone who acts as a weird creep who knows a bit too much.

And no, no lightsaber. I might give it some nifty effects, but it's mostly just saying "she still has a sword."
    Whether she's the fighting sort or not does not matter much, in my opinion. The fact remains that she would be essentially untouchable. Unless she was facing off against someone of equivalent (too-high) power, it would be like those DM power trip moments in a D&D game when the villain of the entire campaign shows up, and either crushes the group, or determines them not worth his time, and sends some of his minions at hand after them.

If there were any way that she could feasibly be defeated by those that she's likely to meet in the Mortal World, or if she had similarly innocuous minions that she could send to do her work in the Mortal World (which could be defeated), that would be one thing, but as it stands, I still don't believe I can support this. Glad to hear that the sword isn't an issue, though.

Edit: The stories that you're drawing from, of the tempter demon, have the advantage of having an omnipotent deity that can cast down the demon, so long as the tempted individual maintains his faith in said deity. Thus, the tempted has a way of genuinely defeating the enemy without said enemy holding back.

Edit2: Two is enough for me to say 'yet,' as I debated the idea of one long and hard with Draken.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-04-28 at 11:11 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    At this point, I can't see why the two couldn't co-exist. In any case, keeping people waiting for this one much longer is a bit unfair.

Besides, not all characters have to jump in the fray immediatly at the start. This RP will be around after the old one, so if people are busy, they can tie things together before starting to play their characters here.
    I still don't like the idea of starting it up this soon. Yes, the two games can co-exist quite easily, but it's going to have adverse effects. There are people in the game right now that would much rather just start the new one and go from there, who I can only assume will be ignoring the old game and slowing it down even more. That's the last thing we need right now.

Also, there are those who would rather see the old game finished before moving on, and don't have the time to focus on both, such as myself. If we start this game on the 9th, then I'll be largely ignoring it until I have less on my plate. And then, once we finally do wrap up the original BleachitP, I'll be able to join in, but I'll be behind on everything currently going on. Granted, that's more of a personal issue, but you see my point.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Her fighting power level is, in fact, supposed to be exceedingly low except in her final form (which she is utterly loathe to use). While she does have some decent abilities, the majority of them give her either:
    1. Better word twisting.
    2. The ability to run away.

While it may take someone of higher power to take her down, that's more because it would take someone of higher power to catch her, rather than defeat her. If she stood and fought normally, she would not make a terribly potent opponent.

A Captain might, in fact, be overkill.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that until later, she's a background character. Someone might see her twisting a Plus into a Hollow before vanishing (those Hollows have to come from somewhere after all,) or she might be a way for someone interested to get introduced to Los Noches (but only if the situation makes sense). But she does not, in fact, have to be seen at all (and again, it is not my intention to play her until later anyway).

She is most certainly not comparable to a ham fisted villain introduction where the DM makes them go "Ahaha, you're not worth my time!"
    Especially since (again) I don't intend to have her show up all that much, if at all. If you're really so annoyed about it, I'll just say she won't show until Captains and other powerful characters show up, which was my intention from the beginning (as stated). The reason I say she interacts with the mortal world is because that's just her style, not that I want her to be in the story from the beginning.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2010-04-28 at 11:15 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    I haven't finished filling out the bankai, but here's the current version of Koujin...How's he look?
    *bump*

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Also, there are those who would rather see the old game finished before moving on, and don't have the time to focus on both, such as myself. If we start this game on the 9th, then I'll be largely ignoring it until I have less on my plate. And then, once we finally do wrap up the original BleachitP, I'll be able to join in, but I'll be behind on everything currently going on. Granted, that's more of a personal issue, but you see my point.
    My situation is similar. I can't see myself joining in this RP for a while.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're really so annoyed about it, I'll just say she won't show until Captains and other powerful characters show up, which was my intention from the beginning (as stated). The reason I say she interacts with the mortal world is because that's just her style, not that I want her to be in the story from the beginning.
    Very well, I shall hold you to this. Very rare background posts in the Mortal World are fine, but that's as far as I'm willing to stretch without further argumentation.

Incidentally, the ability to put doubt into the minds of one's foes is actually a very potent ability in a medium where one's willpower makes up quite a bit of one's physical ability/ability to cut one's opponent. It also allows her the initiative. Likewise, increased speed is quite handy in a straight fight as well. Finally, I assume she has something approaching the power required of her position as Tercera. While I know you wouldn't be nearly as hamhanded as the typical DM, I think the situation would still be highly analogous; those who saw her would live only on her sufferance.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-04-28 at 11:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Very well, I shall hold you to this. Very rare background posts in the Mortal World are fine, but that's as far as I'm willing to stretch without further argumentation.
    Considering my main character is the much less powerful Emi, who is meant to feature heavily in the beginning, it should be fine.

Though I'm curious to know what you consider "very rare."