New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: SRWitP: OOC - Chicks dig Giant Robots

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I feel like playing a villain of some kind. Were it not for his unexplainable reliance on Baron Ashura, Dr. Hell might be right up my alley...
    IIRC you've watched Mazinkaiser, but have you seen any of the rest? I've only fully seen Shin Mazinger, which is a different continuity. It explains why he relies on Ashura anyway - he knows how to work all the ancient technology.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-29 at 04:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

I'm taking to short series mostly because I'm having trouble finding the organization skills to watch anything longer.

But if that's the case, why doesn't Baron Ashura take over?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

But if that's the case, why doesn't Baron Ashura take over?
    He is undyingly loyal to Dr. Hell for returning him to life, even if he would have preferred to stay as two people. Also, Dr. Hell may have tinkered with their brains a smidge.

Again though, Shin Mazinger has a lot of differences (if you ever watch it, skip ep1 - it's just confusing spoilers from later in the series in random order).
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-29 at 04:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm... were it not for their utter inability to go into space, I would have considered White Knight Chronicles' Knights. They're basically Guymelefs that people change into, can only be used by those "worthy", etc..

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Could they theoretically be modified for space use?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Insofar as they are technically magical mecha, there's only five of them in the game's universe, they belong to a long-lost civilization and thus far only one of them is confirmed to be capable of flight... unlikely.

I'll probably go with an original character/robot combo instead.

Was thinking of something like a giant powered armor that requires extremely specialized telekinesis to use - namely, telekinesis that only works on its internal components, thus making the power entirely useless outside the mecha, but still allowing for it to be "called" remotely.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Shinji Ikari

Pilot:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Shinji Ikari

Source: Shinji Ikari and Warhammer 40k

Mecha: Evangelion 01 / Principo Eternus

Personality: This is NOT the whiny Shinji you all know. Shinji Ikari in this universe is a head strong, determined young man with all the burning blood of any self respecting super robot pilot. However, he also has his quirks. As the founder of "Dah Boyz" he also has a rather odd habit of slipping into "Propah Orky spek", leaving those who don't understand English (Meaning most Japanese pilots), or hell, even some who do... kinda lost as to what he's saying.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shinji Ikari is a young boy looking to be about 13, or 14 with pale skin, and soft brown eyes. He usually wears a white, button up, dress shirt with a pair of tight looking black slacks. When piloting the Evangelion, he wears a blue and white plugsuit that looks entirely too tight in addition to the A-10 Nerve Clips on his head.

Abilities / Proficiencies:

Do Crazy **** with the AT field: As the title implies, Shinji Ikari does crazy **** with his AT field. Ranging from shooting N2 lasers, to emulating the Burning Finger... There has yet to be something he has tried to do that he has not been able to do... though this is unlikely to hold true past like.. the first or second encounter.

EVA Pilot: Is special in it's own right, in all of the world.. there is only one CLASS of people capable of piloting an evangelion. Though certain spoilerific things may have to do with that.

Psychic: After his stay in Javaal... Shinji is no slouch outside of the Evangelion, able to turn small, unarmored, biologicals to ash with a glance (although this only happened once.. so it may not be something he can repeat.)

Mecha:

Evangelion Unit 01, or Principo Eternus:

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Ichi, Principo Eternus, Unit 01, "It".

Appearance:

Abilities:

Giant Erfing Robot; Speaks for itself, bigger than GaoGaiGar, and other robots, but not bigger than DieBuster / Gunbuster / Warships / A whole lot of things.

AT field: AT Field is short for "Absolute Terror Field." While in the series the characters always refer to it as "AT Field," the opening credits show the complete expression. It has also been shown once in Death and Rebirth during the flashbacks, and in various documents like the Red Cross Book.
    At the beginning of the series, the AT Field is shown as a barrier that the Angels can erect, which is impervious to almost all conventional weapons. The N² bomb can penetrate the AT Fields of some Angels, causing moderate damage that can be regenerated in a matter of hours or days, depending on the Angel in question. Certain Angels are completely unaffected by N² bombs. The Evas can also generate their own AT Fields, and can use them to neutralize the Angels' AT Fields through destructive interference.
    Toward the climax of the series, it is revealed that every being has an AT Field, and that it is the literal wall that separates one's identity from other egos and external reality, and which supports one's having a separate existence from others. Thus, it is also the cause of loneliness and pain, and can be related to the so-called "Hedgehog's dilemma" exhibited by main character Shinji Ikari — whereby a person feels (psychological) pain from loneliness, yet paradoxically, the closer he/she gets to someone else (emotionally), the more he/she is 'hurt'.
    Plotty things
    Spoiler
    Show

At the climax of The End of Evangelion, after the Third Impact, the re-awakened Lilith produces a massive Anti-AT Field that neutralizes the AT Fields of all human beings, thus returning them to an undifferentiated state — the "Sea of LCL", a primordial soup of sorts, containing the unseparated consciousness of the entire human race.
    The concept of the AT Field could have been informed by the philosophical movement of existentialism as well as by the concept of angst.[citation needed] It also bears resemblance to the "morphogenetic field" of Rupert Sheldrake.[citation needed]
    In episode 24 of the anime, Kaworu states that the AT Field is "the light of the soul" — possibly meaning a (physical and/or metaphysical) wall that surrounds a person's soul. It is said that in the context of mainstream psychology, the Absolute Terror Field is comparable to the perceived physical (or mental) proximity within which an autistic person or someone similarly affected by conditions of a heightened ego will panic and become irrational or violent if someone or something that they do not recognize penetrates said proximity. In other terms, it is the threshold of violation of personal space.

Complex eh?

Type A Equipment;

Basically a rocket pack, as shown in the beginning of 2.0 You can (not) advance.

Progressive Knife: A combat knife, often referred to as a "prog knife", stored in the shoulder "wing" of the Evangelion that uses it. It works by vibrating particles at an extremely high frequency, which allows it to slice an object at the molecular level. However, like all of the weapons that Evas use, it has no effect on Angels until an Eva has neutralized their AT Field.
    Unit 02 has an advanced version: once the blade is broken, a button is pressed and another blade is extended from the handle. It resembles a utility knife with a multi-segmented, breakable blade, unlike Unit 01's giant Bowie knife.
    For "Evangelion: 1.0- You Are (Not) Alone", Unit-01's Progressive Knife has been redesigned into a switchblade, which automatically extends when it is removed from the left arm's utility wing. It has the same function as the original version seen in the series- the edge of the blade glows and it whistles when activated.

Type T Equipment: The Titan modules developed by NHIS (IN HIS NAME), basically super heavy armor incorporating weapons into every piece of the Evangelion.. Even the horn on the Evangelion is progressive.. In this form it is a walking armory of death.. however in this form it also loses access to "Berserker" mode, and has a slightly weakened AT field.

For Backstory... See Up until Chapter... 30 I believe.
    Last edited by Fan; 2010-05-06 at 11:03 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

SRW had this, you know. And Shinji is less of a wimp due to being held down by the most hot-blooded men in anime while Bright slaps him repeatedly.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-29 at 06:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

You my friend, lack the knowledge of the Great Bolter... It shoots 100 exploding rounds that can tear apart a house a minute, and then the G Impact Stake..

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    and then the G Impact Stake..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI1rgoRfRY8

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Dude....the Shinji from "Shinji and Warhammer 40,000" might, just might, be a bit much.

Go with the "Nobody Dies" Shinji instead. All the psychological stability, none of the overpowered AT field usage!
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    I know of that G Impact Stake, I was reffering to the one Asuka uses... Is way different.

And KD.. I considered the NGE Nobody Dies one... but that one has the Dirac Armory... Which I also thought might be too much.

Also.. We have... THIS as a staple feature... how is this Shinji too much?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

giant mecha?

you guys have made a mistake.

one of my friends with a giant mecha guru and has Ph.D in awesome, I've trained under him.

oh and I like to think myself a mad scientist.

I will be back....with a mecha that will end all mecha.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I will be back....with a mecha that will end all mecha.
    Sorry, too late.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-29 at 06:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I know of that G Impact Stake, I was reffering to the one Asuka uses... Is way different.

And KD.. I considered the NGE Nobody Dies one... but that one has the Dirac Armory... Which I also thought might be too much.

Also.. We have... THIS as a staple feature... how is this Shinji too much?
    Yes, but Nobody Dies Shinji means we get Nobody Dies Gendo.

You know, ND!Gendo Ikari, Greatest Father of All Time.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

The SRW@ series actually does End of Evangelion twice.

In Alpha 1 when the Mass-production Evas revive to attack Asuka, this happens.

In Alpha 3 when everything starts turning to orange juice, most of the characters are inhuman or just so hot-blooded that the anti-AT field doesn't work on them immediately.

You can fight and defeat "crucified Eva-01". And then get Gai Shishioh to shout about courage and wail on him with his hammer until Shinji snaps out of his depression and stops melting everyones' souls.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-29 at 06:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Please do. I'm curious as to how Gendou can get more badass.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Prime... Look up Deus Machina Demonbane.. From what I hear it's even bigger than CTGGL, and fights Azathoth.

As for Evangelion.. Well I want it to be handled like Shinji Ikari and Warhammer 40k.. to me it's not a proper representation of Evangelion unless it has some form of mindscrew involved.
    Last edited by Fan; 2010-04-29 at 06:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

You mean Gendo being awesome, and Asuka being the ultimate Woobie, isn't enough of a mindscrew?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean.. I want Gendo as an antagonist, and Asuka is ALWAYS a woobie, even in gakuen datenroku... So that doesn't really change.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I mean.. I want Gendo as an antagonist, and Asuka is ALWAYS a woobie, even in gakuen datenroku... So that doesn't really change.
    There is that.

Just be careful, I suppose.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    There is that.

Just be careful, I suppose.
    Of course, although if we go by regular Super Robot Wars... It has End of Evangelion Gendo Ikari...

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    I already know of that mecha.

it will be a wimp compared to my mecha, also powered by Spiral power, but also includes an Improbability Drive and a Bistromathics generator from Hitchhikers guide to galaxy.

also, back up generator that draws from Discworld's magic supply, darksteel plating, controlled by a complex network of FMA arrays, has four arms, has access to magic through a built in Mirari, wields four giant double-bladed lightsabers, uses an Anti-Gravity engines to fly, and uses Lohengrins and Tannhausers from Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny as pistols, while having Odin's All-Seeing Eye built right into its head and protected by Glassteel so that the pilot can see everything.

It will be called, the Crazy Mech, and it will be piloted by Tony Stark. Why? cause its so crazy and unlikely to work, that the only person in existence who would climb into it would be a drunk Tony Stark, and the Improbability Drive, which is the crux of all this, would calculate the chances of this thing actually working,come up with something absurdly high, and it would work like a charm.

thus, completing the craziest, most awesome mech ever, and effectively putting the TTGL to shame.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So...why would we bother playing the game if such a mecha is in play? There's no drama. You "beats all mecha" can just solve all problems ever.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    So...why would we bother playing the game if such a mecha is in play? There's no drama. You "beats all mecha" can just solve all problems ever.
    .....and welcome to the world of finding out that I wasn't serious.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

I'd argue that such a mecha can't be built on the basis that there is no such thing as PhD on awesome.

You can only be truly awesome by spitting in Death's face, and there's no school for that.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Or a Mary Sue! Everyone loves playing those.

Mary Sue? More like Amuro Ray, amirite? Nothing beats me.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, Amuro is a Whiny Sue.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, Amuro is a Whiny Sue.
    Whiny Sue? More like Shiny Sue. My Newtype flash gives Bright seizures.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-29 at 07:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

He doesn't get to be useful until Bright pimpslaps him into shape... and even then he STILL whines.

Amuro is a masochistic she-dog.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show