New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Deth Muncher's Destructive and Meandering Random Banter #141

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    I just found out that my girlfriend got some really good grades this semester, despite a series of tough trials with being sick early in the semester. I'm so proud of her and just really wanted to share that with everyone. :D
    Where the hell did you wander off to, anyways?! I've been all cause I've not seen you anywhere in the last few months. Good to know you're not dead or something.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Amiel View Post
    Are you sure he isn't half Kangaroo? or the offspring of Spiderman or the Incredible Hulk?

Was he alright?
    You must be commended, Coid, for spending so much time in the kitchen and for cooking for your girlfriend; obviously kids do not appreciate good food or nice things.

I saw a car with the words "Does not stop for zombies" written across its passenger doors on my way to work yesterday; I lol'ed, heartily.
    Thankfully he returned to us able to eat though I think he only ate half of his food due to all of the excitement.

He also tried to eat the doctor's stethoscope, but the CAT scan didn't turn up anything, so other than some scraping he seems to have come out none the worse for the wear. Hitting the yearling/two-year old tree on the way down is probably what broke his fall enough so that he wasn't badly injured.

THe zucchini parmesan actually ended up tasting better than the chicken-italian stew I made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

So, my largely neglected Facebook profile (visited maybe twice in the past 6 months, has, quite suddenly, recieved 25 friend requests in the past few days. All from people I went to high school with (and 2 or 3 I had crushes on at one point). However, slightly less than half of them I would actually consider my friends in high school, and one of them I had actual (slight) problems with. But, it has also been five years since high school, so who knows...

All that aside, I suppose I probably ought to finally get around to messing with Facebook. *sigh* Just one more thing for me to check up on every few days.

Anyways, just thought I'd mention this, dunno why I felt it was necesary now, but whatever. Thoughts?
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I'm no fan of zucchini, but jumping out of a window seems extreme.
    I can easily imagine scenarios where I'd jump out a window in reaction to a food's smell. I don't know about what Coidzor was cooking specifically, but a lot of foods will choke me on smell alone. It's mostly based on the strength of the smell rather than it's contents, so food that most people find more enjoyable wind up being the ones more likely to choke me. (Stronger flavor => Stronger smell) I'd rather be able to breathe and get hurt than choke. And later I'd explain to the chef why it's more of a compliment than an insult that I was so eager to escape...

Since the toddler was apparently capable of eating some of it without choking, this was not likely the same situation.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-05-08 at 01:39 AM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

5. - Top - End - #365

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I can easily imagine scenarios where I'd jump out a window in reaction to a food's smell. I don't know about what Coidzor was cooking specifically, but a lot of foods will choke me on smell alone. It's mostly based on the strength of the smell rather than it's contents, so food that most people find more enjoyable wind up being the ones more likely to choke me. (Stronger flavor => Stronger smell) I'd rather be able to breathe and get hurt than choke. And later I'd explain to the chef why it's more of a compliment than an insult that I was so eager to escape...

Since the toddler was apparently capable of eating some of it without choking, this was not likely the same situation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The couch was up against the window and he managed to climb over it and onto the window sill and lean against the screen.

Naturally this knocked the screen out.

I was in the kitchen with my girlfriend, I believe I was stirring the sauteing the diced red bell peppers while my girlfriend was working on making the cream cheese frosting for the birthday cake.

The toddler's dad, my girlfriend's older bro, was in there, dividing his attention between watching the kids and helping his wife tidy up the living room, and the window was open due to the heat from the kitchen. The kid was actually sitting on the floor when I had last turned around to use the sink about a minute before, while his older sister was playing with a toy that occupied his attention.

Sometime in that timeframe something apparently attracted the sister's attention outside so she went to sit on the couch and look out the window, which lead to him going over there, about the time during which the dad's back was turned due to being asked a question by the mom, next thing we know, there's a horrified scream from the girl.

I look over, see she's over by the window crying, thought she just wanted attention due to being one of those kids that'll kick up a fuss sometimes when people are working around her and need her out of the way, then I notice her brother isn't in the room anymore, then I realize that there is no screen in the window.

So I immediately run to grab my cellphone to dial 911. As this was happening, the mom had already gotten downstairs and was checking on him as he bawled, the mom's friend that was bringing her kids over pulls up and sees all of this and flips out and yells to my girlfriend to take her kids inside and then they take the kid off to the hospital. This was around 6ish.

They got back around... 8:30ish, maybe just before 9.

I was... expecting a lot more blood due to the fact that the window is half over concrete and half over saplings/dirt/rocks.

They CAT scanned him and checked his internals and whatnot. He's sleeping now. Only mark on him is that he has a scrape over his... left eye that's sort of like one of those stereotypical black eyes, only red because it's a scrape.

So we think he bounced off of a sapling on the way down.

I believe I had yet to start sauteing the onions and garlic and it was after we had finished baking the cake itself, so the zucchini had been sauted and the red pepper was in the process of being sauted.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-05-08 at 02:24 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    So, my largely neglected Facebook profile (visited maybe twice in the past 6 months, has, quite suddenly, recieved 25 friend requests in the past few days. All from people I went to high school with (and 2 or 3 I had crushes on at one point). However, slightly less than half of them I would actually consider my friends in high school, and one of them I had actual (slight) problems with. But, it has also been five years since high school, so who knows...

All that aside, I suppose I probably ought to finally get around to messing with Facebook. *sigh* Just one more thing for me to check up on every few days.

Anyways, just thought I'd mention this, dunno why I felt it was necesary now, but whatever. Thoughts?
    Welcome to the wonder of Facebook. Many people's sole purpose in life is to have as many friends as possible so they send requests to everyon they've ever known. I had a guy who literally kicked the crap out of me several times in school add me etc. I did for a while, but seeing their updates that I just didn't care about annoyed me so I just deleted them all.[/innanerambling]

I should probably buy some food that's more nourishing than Pringles and bacon.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-05-08 at 04:42 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Just started reading Uzumaki.

*Hides under the covers of his bed with a flashlight.*

...OH NO.

I need an LED flashlight. The coil... in the bulb...
    This avatar by Phase.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

I fail at paper writing and research. This does not bode well for someone with an English major and a Political Science minor.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The couch was up against the window and he managed to climb over it and onto the window sill and lean against the screen.

Naturally this knocked the screen out.

I was in the kitchen with my girlfriend, I believe I was stirring the sauteing the diced red bell peppers while my girlfriend was working on making the cream cheese frosting for the birthday cake.

The toddler's dad, my girlfriend's older bro, was in there, dividing his attention between watching the kids and helping his wife tidy up the living room, and the window was open due to the heat from the kitchen. The kid was actually sitting on the floor when I had last turned around to use the sink about a minute before, while his older sister was playing with a toy that occupied his attention.

Sometime in that timeframe something apparently attracted the sister's attention outside so she went to sit on the couch and look out the window, which lead to him going over there, about the time during which the dad's back was turned due to being asked a question by the mom, next thing we know, there's a horrified scream from the girl.

I look over, see she's over by the window crying, thought she just wanted attention due to being one of those kids that'll kick up a fuss sometimes when people are working around her and need her out of the way, then I notice her brother isn't in the room anymore, then I realize that there is no screen in the window.

So I immediately run to grab my cellphone to dial 911. As this was happening, the mom had already gotten downstairs and was checking on him as he bawled, the mom's friend that was bringing her kids over pulls up and sees all of this and flips out and yells to my girlfriend to take her kids inside and then they take the kid off to the hospital. This was around 6ish.

They got back around... 8:30ish, maybe just before 9.

I was... expecting a lot more blood due to the fact that the window is half over concrete and half over saplings/dirt/rocks.

They CAT scanned him and checked his internals and whatnot. He's sleeping now. Only mark on him is that he has a scrape over his... left eye that's sort of like one of those stereotypical black eyes, only red because it's a scrape.

So we think he bounced off of a sapling on the way down.

I believe I had yet to start sauteing the onions and garlic and it was after we had finished baking the cake itself, so the zucchini had been sauted and the red pepper was in the process of being sauted.
    It's good that he's alright. Is there any way to reinforce the screen in the future?

I've written a better explanation of my smell situation here in the fears thread, if anyone's curious.

Back when Zicam was found to be destroying people's sense of smell, I thought of using it to try to reduce my problem, but I sat on the fence about it for too long, and it's most certainly off the shelves by now. I should've bought some while it was still in stores.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-05-08 at 03:19 PM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Watch this.

That is all.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Watch this.

That is all.
    I can't tell. Is this a serious musical effort or is this guy the Indian crazy frog?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I can't tell. Is this a serious musical effort or is this guy the Indian crazy frog?
    Wikipedia sayeth it be legit.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Wikipedia sayeth it be legit.
    That was a love song?

If you say so

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

At the risk of sounding like a bastard (likely), it's India. There's a staggering amount of stuff from that area of the world that is just confusing if you're not from the area.

I've even BEEN and still don't understand 98% of everything from there.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

I've been doing the dance moves from that video for days.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Watch this.

That is all.
    That's probably one of the more crazy music videos I've ever seen... And the red part of himself can cause earthquakes by slamming the ground. Is HE the MitD?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    That's probably one of the more crazy music videos I've ever seen... And the red part of himself can cause earthquakes by slamming the ground. Is HE the MitD?
    Dude, have you never seen Fatboy Slim's videos? For shame, sir!
    Last edited by arguskos; 2010-05-08 at 06:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    HEY. Take that over to the MitD thread. Sounds plausible.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post

Just started reading Uzumaki.

*Hides under the covers of his bed with a flashlight.*

...OH NO.

I need an LED flashlight. The coil... in the bulb...
    Thank you for that. It's not like I ever need to sleep again or anything.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balford View Post
    Thank you for that. It's not like I ever need to sleep again or anything.
    I went out and got curly fries immediately after I finished reading it. Then realised what I was eating.
    This avatar by Phase.

21. - Top - End - #381

NecromancerGuy

It's good that he's alright. Is there any way to reinforce the screen in the future?
    Not sure, they've basically moved the living room so that they can't climb up anywhere near the window right now, and managed to pop the screen back in.

I believe they're putting in a request to move to a ground-level apartment. Not sure what they're doing to communicate their displeasure that a 1 year old can exert enough force on it to pop it out. Was... flimsier than I'd be expecting for apartments that are explicitly for students with families.

Back when Zicam was found to be destroying people's sense of smell, I thought of using it to try to reduce my problem, but I sat on the fence about it for too long, and it's most certainly off the shelves by now. I should've bought some while it was still in stores.
    Weird thing is. I still see Zicam at places like Costco around here... So either they managed to change the recipe or they just didn't care.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think some building codes actually require that screens break away from windows easily, in case of fire. Windows are often considered fire exits, especially in apartment buildings.

When my parents bought new windows for their house, there were large stickers on them warning people to keep children away from wide-open windows, since the screens were made so they would pop out if even a small child pushed on them.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

23. - Top - End - #383
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mouth. SO DRY.

WHY IS MY MOUTH SO DRY.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Weird thing is. I still see Zicam at places like Costco around here... So either they managed to change the recipe or they just didn't care.
    It was recalled, so it's most likely that they changed it. Some people were getting their sense of smell damaged (but not completely gone) from using it. I was on the fence about it because A - Not everyone receives the side effect, and B - I don't know by what mechanism the smell was decreased, so I had no idea if it would even help decrease my issue or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Mouth. SO DRY.

WHY IS MY MOUTH SO DRY.
    Might I recommend applying dihydrogen monoxide to it?
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-05-08 at 08:58 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Might I recommend applying dihydrogen monoxide to it?
    HEY! Don't try poisoning him like that. You should drink water instead.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground

I swear I just read the strangest thing while playing my pokemon. An enemy Grimer tried to use minimize, and it didn't work, and instead of it reading "But the move failed", but I'm sure it said "But the fail ended". I just caught a glance at it, and I'm prolly wrong, but I have to wonder what in me interpreted it to be "But the fail ended"
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

"But the fail ended..." Thus glory begun! I hope this grimer went on to defeat your whole team in a display of magnificent battling.

That is what I hope.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    "But the fail ended..." Thus glory begun! I hope this grimer went on to defeat your whole team in a display of magnificent battling.

That is what I hope.
    No, he proceeded to run away.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partof1 View Post
    No, he proceeded to run away.
    Haha, you failed to catch a Grimer... wait. That's probably for the best, it being GRIMER and everything.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I just wrote a book that's 135 pages long.

Frassa-sassin' son of a bitch. It's almost like if you stick with a project for 15 months, you get a reasonable return off of it.

EDIT: Hell, that's with 12-point font. This is the equivalent of a 171-page paperback.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-05-08 at 11:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show