New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 5

I just used it for fun and it caught on. For some reason. I really don't know. >_>
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, so no Privaron as Fraccion... what about the assault rifle, then?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #873
    Dwarf in the Playground

The battle stats are just a simple way of pointing a characters strengths and weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I think mostly the character looks good. But I am confused about her name.

Her name is you write 'Masaki,' but in her profile, you write 'Misaki,' and her nickname is 'Emi,' but I don't understand why.

Sucrose points out she has 'middle name' but 'Emi' is a self-name. If it is a nickname, it doesn't seem to have relation to her true name (Masaki or Misaki?)

Please explain for me, thank you!

Like Vael said, her character also has such a nickname... It would be nice if there is no clash of names.
    I have noticed a lot of overall confusion to the name. I did make a mistake with the first name and that just my bad. I think I'm gonna scratch the "Emi" nickname/middle name because it was just a extra part to her profile.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sucrose points out she has 'middle name' but 'Emi' is a self-name. If it is a nickname, it doesn't seem to have relation to her true name (Masaki or Misaki?)
    Kasanip, while we're at it.

Names in English have a Given Name, and a Family name, just like in japanese.

But unlike Japanese, English names go in the order Given name, Family name.

In addition, a lot of people have what's called a 'middle name'. Think of it like a second, less-used given name.

I'm not sure how they originated, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #875
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here are the fixes to my character.

Misaki "Saki-san" Ichimyouri 4th Division 13th Seat
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Misaki is a 106 years old and appears to be no older than 15 or 16 years old. She stands at just above 5ft and weighs around 100lbs. Misaki lightweight body results in her being very frail and susceptible to injury. One of Misaki's most defining features is her long pink hair tied into two ponytails that run down to the lower part of her back. She has green eyes with slightly pale skin. She has a fairly thin body with C-Cup breasts.(…What?!) Misaki wears the usual Shinigami uniform with a pair of blue ribbons that hold her hair in its ponytails, and pair of green slip on shoes. Beneath her uniform, Misaki has special bandages that she wears constantly for no known reason at this point in the game.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Misaki is quite the out of the ordinary girl. She displays an above average intelligence, is a quick learner, and has extremely high dexterity and stamina. Misaki is also very good at making friends, being lighthearted, sympathetic, and above all, a party girl. Many of her friends and her family call her Misa, meaning beauty, which even Misaki herself has grown to like. There is hardly any chore or job Misaki’s received that she never found a fun way to do it. When she does have spare time, she is usually either attending to the flowers in the 4th division garden, or hanging out with anyone else with free time on there. Misaki becomes emotionally attached to anyone she gets even sort of close to. This has the potential to cause a lot of trauma for Misaki when someone she knows well is injured or killed. This was the sole reason she joined 4th division: To protect and heal the ones she loves. At this point and time, no one, even her father Katisugo Ichimyouri has ever seen her angry.

Combat Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adept Healer: Misaki has spent much of her time in 4th division honing her healing ability. At this point, she is capable of mending fractured bones, healing burns and scars, and restoring about a fifth of an individual’s reiatsu.

Flash Step Practitioner: Misaki can use Flash Step as necessary to avoid combat. She is known to be able to use 5 flash steps consecutively before exhausting herself.

Graceful Sword Technique: Misaki has pitifully low strength making her attacks with her zanpaktou near useless. She is capable of blocking attacks of mid level strength. Misaki can also use an effective, but weak chain attack that can strike up to 3-4 times.

Kido Intermediate: Misaki is capable of using Bakudo up 25 and Hado up to 20. She can also use Hado 31 without incantation and various Bakudos up to 40 with incantation.

Zanpaktou: Inazumabana Lightning Blossom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Misaki’s Zanpaktou is a katana whose blade is tinted a very faint pink. The guard of the sword is shaped like a cherry blossom and appears to be made of crystal.

The spirit within her zanpaktou appears as a young geisha that looks to be the same age as Misaki whom has eyes pink colored eyes that spark with lightning. The kimono Kaminari wears is decorated with stormy clouds and is surrounded by cherry blossom petals that float around her.

Shikai: Flash Through the Sky, Inazumabana
    Spoiler
    Show
    Misaki at the start of the game has only recently achieved her Shikai and hasn’t learned much about its true capabilities. Misaki’s shikai is a polearm with a crescent shaped blade facing outward on the end of the polearm. The polearm is also decorated with lightning and on the blade a storm cloud bursting with lightning is etched into the blade.

Misaki will learn later in the game that her Shikai is capable producing lightning that she can charge into her blade. At the moment however its only capable of shocking people stunning them for 1-2 seconds. Misaki can also create lightning barriers which are capable of blocking mid level kido and cero. The barrier are also capable of electrocuting an opponent using melee attacks, even though the shock isn't very lethal.

Battle Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Offense: 25
    Defense: 40
    Agility: 75
    Kido: 35
    Intelligence: 65
    Stamina: 40

Yay! A nickname that works!
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2010-05-17 at 10:39 AM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Kasanip, while we're at it.

Names in English have a Given Name, and a Family name, just like in japanese.

But unlike Japanese, English names go in the order Given name, Family name.

In addition, a lot of people have what's called a 'middle name'. Think of it like a second, less-used given name.

I'm not sure how they originated, though.
    I think second names originated when people realized that with only one name, there was going to be awful lot of people with the same name. So when they couldn't come up with new names, that slapped another name after the first one to give extra identification.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

...you must make it a power that if she DOES get angry, she goes up to Captain level. I don't care how unbalanced it is.

On a more serious note, I don't think Japanese names have middle names... at all. It's a purely European affectation. Nicknames, yes.

@^: It might also have been an alternate method to keep the family name going if, say, the mother was an only child.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-16 at 08:46 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Halfling in the Playground

....I just realized that I didn't add any battle stats for my characters...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

9. - Top - End - #879
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I think second names originated when people realized that with only one name, there was going to be awful lot of people with the same name. So when they couldn't come up with new names, that slapped another name after the first one to give extra identification.
    I think it started after the whole Edward business, as no one wanted to be edward the hundred and thirteenth.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

10. - Top - End - #880
    Bugbear in the Playground

Right, so I've taken off Himura's history for now. It'll be missing until I finish it to avoid the possibility of repeating our last big talky.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Dwarf in the Playground

...you must make it a power that if she DOES get angry, she goes up to Captain level. I don't care how unbalanced it is.

On a more serious note, I don't think Japanese names have middle names... at all. It's a purely European affectation. Nicknames, yes.

@^: It might also have been an alternate method to keep the family name going if, say, the mother was an only child.
    You read the part about Misaki never getting angry, huh. Haven't decided what to do for that...YET!

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, would anyone in the mortal cast be having a car? Because I have an idea for another Tsukumogami, inspired by my own crappy Lada Samara.

The idea hit me this noon, when we were supposed to come home from a scout camp. The darn worthless piece of scrap metal decided not to start, and we had to fetch an old Toyota from the vocational institute to drag it around so we could get it running.

So... how hard would be to get a lousy Russian car in Japan?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-05-16 at 02:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-05-16 at 02:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Dwarf in the Playground

How crappy/nice of a car are we talking here Frozen?

Anyway, yay I found a nickname that works for Misaki: "Misa".

I also just realized that in my history of past Captains for 12th division, there is an individual with the surname Hayashi. Horngeek, you alright with this?

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

This is the case with my family, although I technically have 2 middle names. I also happen to have Japanese heritage, which is, I think, part of why this is the case.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, would anyone in the mortal cast be having a car? Because I have an idea for another Tsukumogami, inspired by my own crappy Lada Samara.
    You could play Tackyhillbillu's character's motorcycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Ito Tanigawa, Spiritually-Aware Human

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Ito Tanigawa
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 207
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Green
    Reitatsu/Speech Color: Royal Blue

Appearance:

Spoiler
    Show
    Tanigawa is a big man. He keeps his hair cut short, and keeps it back with a red strip of cloth he has tied around his head as Headband. A long scar traces up his left leg, a product of his lifestyle, he claims.

He dresses rather ecentrically, wearing a black Gi, and if he is outside, a Leather Jacket over it. It makes him stick out, but he is alright with that. If he didn't want to stick out, he wouldn't be doing it.

Personality:

Spoiler
    Show
    Tanigawa looks like a slow, ponderous man, a gentle giant, though one with a flair for the absurd. That impression is dead wrong. There is very little that is gentle about him, and nothing slow. Tanigawa lives life large. He enjoys it as much as he can. When told that he should slow down, he's liable to say that the rest of the world should speed up.

However, he isn't an idiot. Tanigawa is smarter then he looks, and much smarter then he acts. He knows quite a bit about history, tactics, and strategy. Whether he applies it is another story entirely. As well, he is one of the finest Martial Artists you'll ever meet. He focuses on weapon fighting, and has trained with multiple variants of both the Chinese Qiang, and Japanese Yari.

Backstory:

Spoiler
    Show
    Tanigawa's father was an investor, back when the Japanese Economy was its peak. Tanigawa was his only son, and he worked his hardest to make sure that Tanigawa would never want for anything in his life. Unfortunately, his long nights and lack of care for his health caught up with him. He developed an illness, and after 2 or 3 years of fighting it, subcumbed. Tanigawa's mother never recovered. She cared for her son, but she just lacked the ability to focus on things.

Tanigawa grew up setting his own goals. Martial Arts was his focus, and he spent his life perfecting it. He knew he would never truly want for anything. His Father's fortune could provide a comfortable life for him. Invested, it could do far more then that. So he focused, and got good. Really good. By the time he finished University, it just stopped being challenging. Sure, he could keep going, but he stopped seeing the point. He didn't have anything to do.

He took up riding a motorcycle, just riding around, living off hotels and fast food. He didn't have anyone to call him on his purposeless life. He just drifted, leaving his fortune in the hands of mutual funds and the like. Then he encountered his first Hollow. Tanigawa had been mildly spiritual sensitive since he was young. His Martial Arts training had both refined that sense, and allowed him to utterly supress it. However his time wandering eroded that control, and a Hollow sought him out. Most people would have freaked out. Tanigawa smiled. Instinctively, he recognized an opponent that could give meaning to his skills. So he attacked.

He wasn't lacking for a Weapon, having one of the Yari's he used dissassembled in the bag he was carrying. The Hollow gave him time to assemble it, mocking him about how useless it was. That was before Tanigawa bull rushed it with Motorcycle and opened up a gash with a blow from the Weapon. It didn't have much effect, the wound closing instantly, but it annoyed the hell out of the creature. After that, the hollow stopped messing aroung. When Tanigawa came around again, it leapt out of the way, grabbed the spear, and ripped it out of Tanigawa's hands, slamming the man and the Bike out of the way. Breaking the weapon in half, it now attacked what it thought was a helpless young man.

Tanigawa had flown off the bike, which was probably best, given that the other option was being crushed under it. However, this massive hulking creature pretty obviously intended to kill him. He was without a weapon. He had the choices of running, or trying to fight it barehanded. Tanigawa didn't like either of those. She he went with option C. Not really knowing what he was doing, nor why, he dragged in all the Reitatsu he could, and summoned a glowing spear of Light. The Hollow, not sure what was happening, rushed to attack Tanigawa before he finished. That was a Mistake. Tanigawa struck the Hollow with the spear, the blow and the creatures momentum causing the weapon to pierce through. Even dying, it managed to knock Tanigawa aside again, breaking an arm. However, the creatures body was already falling apart.

Tanigawa recovered from that broken arm, and from his spiritual funk. He had a goal. He was going to kill whatever it was that had attacked him. He was going to get stronger, and beat it. He's been training, and has just ridden into Phoenix City, based upon the large numbers of reported spiritual events. He's got a good feeling about it. He's taken a position instructing the students at the local High School in various martial arts on a lark. If it gets to distracting, he can always just quit.

Abilities:

Spoiler
    Show
    Tanigawa is a human being, if an empowered one. He's skilled at Martial Arts, especially in the use of the Chinese and Japanese Spear, and is a good rider. He's also a fair mechanic, useful in keeping his bike in working order despite the banging it takes.

Spears- Tanigawa is capable of manifesting Spears of pure energy similar to a Quincies arrow. However, the Weapons can also be used in hand to hand combat. They've got the piercing power one might expect from weapon made of Reitatsu, which is augmented by both his Native strength, and the fact that he has the habit of Fighting from the back of his Motorcycle. They easily put mundane weapons to shame, especially against spiritual beings. However the weapons are outclassed by even a Shinigami's Shikai (though Tanigawa doesn't know that). He can throw them as well, however this a desperation move. The Spears range is limited, and manifesting a new one can take quite a bit out of him.

Airwalking- Tanigawa practices a variant of this technique. While he can use the more ordinary method, he rarely does. Instead, most of the time, he is capable of producing a moving patch of solid air beneath his bike, allowing his Bike to fly, if he finds it needed. The higher he has to go, and the longer he does it, the more draining it is.

Hardened Air- A variant of the last technique, but an important one. Tanigawa can harden the air around his body and his bike to cushion the blow from a strike, protecting both from damage. His degree of control is limited, but it gives him a degree of protection. His preference is to not get hit, and it won't shield him from everything, nor is it impenatrable. However, it makes it so his normally fragile human body and Delicate motorcycle can take a pounding. This technique is also draining.

All in all, Tanigawa is a powerful combatant, but one that lacks staying power. Over use of any of his techniques will quickly exhaust him, leaving him defenseless. This contributes to his Reckless style.

Equipment:

Spoiler
    Show
    The only real thing of note is his Bike. Despite his abilities his Bikes do become damaged beyond repair. His funds allow him to replace them when this occurs. His current Bike is a Harley Softtail, which he loves deeply.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/...-softail-1.jpg

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    How crappy/nice of a car are we talking here Frozen?
    I said already: a Lada Samara. It's the kinda car you repair with a sickle and hammer. Not that old necessarily, a 15 year old car could pretend to be a student in the school.

@NC: I thought about that, but Ito's bike isn't crappy enough!

18. - Top - End - #888
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's not so bad Frozen. In fact, I'd say that its a half-decent car.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground

Trust me on this one: looks can be deceiving. Curiously enough, here in Finland, Ladas have a paradoxical reputation of being both reliable and easy to fix... and worthless pieces of junk slower than a snail in tar.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyway, yay I found a nickname that works for Misaki: "Misa".
    That's the first part of the name of Von Geister's zanpakutou, Misa Cancerosa.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Trust me on this one: looks can be deceiving. Curiously enough, here in Finland, Ladas have a paradoxical reputation of being both reliable and easy to fix... and worthless pieces of junk slower than a snail in tar.
    The Lada Samara is based on Old Volkswagon Chassis. Your feelings probably come from that.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe.

So~... any buyers?

23. - Top - End - #893
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    That's the first part of the name of Von Geister's zanpakutou, Misa Cancerosa.
    ...Dammit

Well, would you be mad if I used Misa anyway?

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

Why not use Saki? It's a Japanese name in its own right.Unless Persona 4 lied to me.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ettin in the Playground

...Dammit

Well, would you be mad if I used Misa anyway?
    Not really. I am considering changing it to the portuguese "Massa" anyway, just considered the stigma such a nickname would have.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #896
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Why not use Saki? It's a Japanese name in its own right.Unless Persona 4 lied to me.
    Persona 4, lie?

What blasphemy is this?
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Persona 4, lie?

What blasphemy is this?
    This is blasphemy! This is madness!

Madness?

And yes, I was just looking for an oppitunity to put up that pic.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-16 at 04:16 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #899
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Not really. I am considering changing it to the portuguese "Massa" anyway, just considered the stigma such a nickname would have.
    The full name Misaki roughly means beautiful blossom. So Misa, or even Mi-san if it becomes too much of a problem only seems appropriate.

@strawberryman: *Insert Obligatory Meme*

Your doing it right.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    This is the case with my family, although I technically have 2 middle names. I also happen to have Japanese heritage, which is, I think, part of why this is the case.
    So do I, high five! (On the first thing anyway..)

This talk about cars reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask. Around what decade will bleach reborn be based in? I'd actually prefer that it be in the 80s, 90s or earlier still, partially because I think a large number of the animes I've seen are also in something of a timewarp.

Another thing is uniforms, here I refer to all uniforms for the organizations, factions and school. Have they already been established in the original bleach game and carried over?I ask because I think there should be a default for people to rearrange,expand, alter, or plainly ignore.

One more thing! I've changing a character name(Miyazaki Nijiko to Zenimoto Ren) as I want something a little harsher sounding and I'm going to add a mundane ability section later, cuz I wanna.