New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    The full name Misaki roughly means beautiful blossom. So Misa, or even Mi-san if it becomes too much of a problem only seems appropriate.
    Bah. Can't resist the potential godwin.

Adolf means "Noble Wolf", quite a nice, strong name. Do you know any Adolfs? I sure don't, there's some stigma attached to that name.

Your nickname is the name of the weapon of King of Hollows, one of the most dangerous enemies of soul society. I wouldn't want to have something that related me to public enemy number one-and-a-half, personaly.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    This is blasphemy! This is madness!

Madness?

Spoiler
    Show

And yes, I was just looking for an oppitunity to put up that pic.
    *sigh*

Minor language warning.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

On a completely unrelated topic: here's something that's quite relevant to the Hayashis.

Do Z-pacs change between incarnations? For example, Izumi was a Hayashi noble house member before she 'died' and was born in the mortal world. Did she have Kaminari then, or not?

I don't mind either way, although I am leaning towards 'they don't change', but I wanted to know what the consensus is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #904
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

Adolf means "Noble Wolf", quite a nice, strong name. Do you know any Adolfs? I sure don't, there's some stigma attached to that name.
    My ex-Fiance's father was named Adolf actually. And he did in deed get the tar kicked out of him growing up.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

I would probably say that they change. Eventually, there would be someone who died who would show up again with the same Zanpakuto as someone in history, and that would just be weird. Also, I was under the impression that souls could change during the transfer in some way or another, which would alter the Zanpakuto of such a spirit.

I mean, gameplay wise it has no effect whether it does or not, as anyone who dies in-game is not also going to be reborn and also roleplay viable in-game. So really I don't mind either way.

Edit: Also, on the names thing, the "Misa" in her name is a generally different pronunciation from the one in Von Geister's, as one of them is pronounced with a Japanese inflection, being Japanese, and one of them is pronounced with a more Spanish or Portuguese inflection, being that language.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-05-16 at 04:45 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

I would say that they do change, given that an individual is rarely, if ever, the same person in different incarnations. This would mean their personality, and thus their zanpakutou changes.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

On a completely unrelated topic: here's something that's quite relevant to the Hayashis.

Do Z-pacs change between incarnations? For example, Izumi was a Hayashi noble house member before she 'died' and was born in the mortal world. Did she have Kaminari then, or not?

I don't mind either way, although I am leaning towards 'they don't change', but I wanted to know what the consensus is.
    I'd lean towards "they do change". Remember, while it's technically the same soul, that person has been given a fully clean slate. They're going to be a new and different person in their mortal life. So while having a zanpakutou might not change, I'd say the sword itself changes in expression. Though perhaps it has a few "hints" to its old self. Maybe the physical form of the shikai is the same, but the powers are different (it was fire before), and the spirit is completely different. That sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Free Hand View Post
    This talk about cars reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask. Around what decade will bleach reborn be based in? I'd actually prefer that it be in the 80s, 90s or earlier still, partially because I think a large number of the animes I've seen are also in something of a timewarp.
    I don't see why we can't set this in the modern day, albeit keeping it vague beyond "modern day". Any differences in architecture and such would be explained by different local societal and economic factors.
    Also, "looking like a timewarp" is really relative and completely unimportant.

Another thing is uniforms, here I refer to all uniforms for the organizations, factions and school. Have they already been established in the original bleach game and carried over?I ask because I think there should be a default for people to rearrange,expand, alter, or plainly ignore.
    Well, I think everyone's been assuming the shinigami are the same, and the Arrancar are similar, to canon.

As for the school....we've talked a bit about it, and we have a few avatars of it floating around. I don't know how set in stone it is.

One more thing! I've changing a character name(Miyazaki Nijiko to Zenimoto Ren) as I want something a little harsher sounding and I'm going to add a mundane ability section later, cuz I wanna.
    What are you thinking when you say "mundane ability"?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Around what decade will bleach reborn be based in? I'd actually prefer that it be in the 80s, 90s or earlier still, partially because I think a large number of the animes I've seen are also in something of a timewarp.
    Oh geez, no timewarps please.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd like to stick with a modern day setting.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-05-16 at 04:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Oh geez, no timewarps please.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd like to stick with a modern day setting.
    *Search for song before being slapped by mental-self*

Okay, I'm not gonna be the one to do this.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2010-05-16 at 05:02 PM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

10. - Top - End - #910
    Orc in the Playground

*looks around, checking no-one is watching*

"Its a jump to the left..."
    And thank you Darwin for the awesome Sterlingtar.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lorolar View Post
    *looks around, checking no-one is watching*

"Its a jump to the left..."
    ...ehh, why not

*Summons three friends to join in.*

And a Step to The Riiiiiggghhhtt!
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey ya'll. Upon spending time on the internet (nothing good ever comes from me when I do this) I've begun to wonder if I shouldn't redo my Primera entry. Genoveva is fun, sure. A beast in battle, sadistic, etc...but she's not really scary. (to me anyway).

Redo her to what you ask? Something completely and utterly different. A Slender Man-expy. That thing freaks the bejeezus out of me and (partially because I want to spread that fear ) it'd also be a challenge to be done right (without being over-powered).

Course, he wouldn't be as combat focused and would show up in the mortal world fairly often but never for a fight (just to be creepy like you wouldn't believe). What do the playgrounders think?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... I'm not so sure.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are we taking Gin creepy, Callos, or something in the neighborhood of Kira from Death Note creepy?

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, the creepy part might push the line of the general tone of the game, but that's hard to tell.

But....whether or not he's "not as combat focused", it's the Primera, running around in the Mortal World? Doing what? How would he not bring every Captain in Soul Society down on him?

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

I dislike the idea of having strong presence from either the Espada or the Captaincy in the Mortal World, whether or not they plan on fighting. That's just a personal thing.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ettin in the Playground

Are we taking Gin creepy, Callos, or something in the neighborhood of Kira from Death Note creepy?
    Those two..really aren't creepy. Not to me anyway.

EDIT: @KD: I'unno yet. Still figuring that part out. It's just a thought at the moment, was going to see the response from everyone before deciding anything.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-05-16 at 06:42 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

18. - Top - End - #918
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Those two..really aren't creepy. Not to me anyway.
    I was only selecting people from anime and really wasn't trying very hard.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ettin in the Playground

Awww... I like Genoveva as is.

I think you could make her plenty scary just by taking different angles to her behaviour once the game gets rolling. Changing her at this point seems unnecessary - waste of a good character, in a way.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #920
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Well, the creepy part might push the line of the general tone of the game, but that's hard to tell.
    And that's Kujo's job, thank you very much.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Another thing- I mentioned that it might be a good idea to edit our chosen theme to something like Zarah did for the themes of the first BleachitP.

I don't have the stuff to do it, though...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I dislike the idea of having strong presence from either the Espada or the Captaincy in the Mortal World, whether or not they plan on fighting. That's just a personal thing.
    I feel the same way.

I also don't find Slenderman scary/spooky or interesting.
    I was only selecting people from anime and really wasn't trying very hard.
    At least Kira makes for good parodies.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-05-16 at 07:01 PM.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Dwarf in the Playground

Another thing- I mentioned that it might be a good idea to edit our chosen theme to something like Zarah did for the themes of the first BleachitP.

I don't have the stuff to do it, though...
    I have the tools and capabilities, but I have no YouTube account, which I could make anytime if I want. The real problem is the next two weeks, I'll probably want to dedicate to school finals study.

Assuming the Reborn doesn't start until then, I'd be happy to.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2010-05-16 at 06:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #924

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    This is the case with my family, although I technically have 2 middle names. I also happen to have Japanese heritage, which is, I think, part of why this is the case.
    Haha! Exactly the same for me!

EDIT: I might be able to do something for the video, but no promises. And as for a Genoveva revamp, I'll have to agree that I liker her as is. Of course, she's not my character, but... yeah.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-05-16 at 07:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    Haha! Exactly the same for me!
    Awright! High Five!

26. - Top - End - #926
    Pixie in the Playground

I thought L was rather creepy, his replacements.. annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I don't see why we can't set this in the modern day, albeit keeping it vague beyond "modern day". Any differences in architecture and such would be explained by different local societal and economic factors.
    Also, "looking like a timewarp" is really relative and completely unimportant.
    I think it is important because if we were to set it in the "modern era" there'd be more things to worry about then say in the 90s. A thing that would vex me is the cell phone crazy associated with japan (not to mention the rest of the world) as well as the absurdly powerful presence of the internet, blogs, and video sharing. The most inane things can become global thanks to all these technological nicknacks and a bunch of kids jumping over buildings and running on air would certainly not be an exception. Another thing would be the role technology would then play in this world. There is super advanced technology of course, but it's all spirit power based, which keeps with the spirits and magic angle. Finally, traditional japan has more strength the farther you turn back the clock. If you look at Kisuke Urahara's regular attire and his shop for example, how well would it hold up in the rapid assimilation to western fashion? (I really am asking, I don't know but I suspect it would be stronger and be more in the norm say 20 years ago.)
    Well, I think everyone's been assuming the shinigami are the same, and the Arrancar are similar, to canon.
    I'm not just talking about those two and the quincy, theres also our exclusive groups such as S.W.O.R.D. to think of, which I imagined would take on an MIB flavor. Then theres the Enclave, that guy representing the Fae, and maybe Samsara I suppose.

As for the school....we've talked a bit about it, and we have a few avatars of it floating around. I don't know how set in stone it is.
    So Sailor suits then?

What are you thinking when you say "mundane ability"?
    I was thinking superpowers, but more seriously I thought it was plain that mundane refers to the plain and unextraordinary abilities, such as being good at running or sucking at school.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ettin in the Playground

How about we say "screw it" to the actual year and just go with the usual anime conventions of period?

I mean. The entire thing is happening in a fictional city to boot. Its not even a big metropolis or anything.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #928

I'm not just talking about those two and the quincy, theres also our exclusive groups such as S.W.O.R.D. to think of, which I imagined would take on an MIB flavor. Then theres the Enclave, that guy representing the Fae, and maybe Samsara I suppose.
    Those groups don't have "uniforms" per se, but they'd obviously have certain trends in their dress that would set them apart.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I think it is important because if we were to set it in the "modern era" there'd be more things to worry about then say in the 90s. A thing that would vex me is the cell phone crazy associated with japan (not to mention the rest of the world) as well as the absurdly powerful presence of the internet, blogs, and video sharing. The most inane things can become global thanks to all these technological nicknacks and a bunch of kids jumping over buildings and running on air would certainly not be an exception. Another thing would be the role technology would then play in this world.
    I think you're seriously over-thinking this part. You forget that Shinigami are a.)invisible, and b.)have memory-wiping technology. Add to that the fact that most/all fights will happen in places with essentially no civilians. So, really, technology is all background anyways, at least for these concerns.

Again, staying vague beyond "modern" is our best bet. If someone has a cell phone, let's not freak out on them, yeah?

There is super advanced technology of course, but it's all spirit power based, which keeps with the spirits and magic angle. Finally, traditional japan has more strength the farther you turn back the clock. If you look at Kisuke Urahara's regular attire and his shop for example, how well would it hold up in the rapid assimilation to western fashion? (I really am asking, I don't know but I suspect it would be stronger and be more in the norm say 20 years ago.)
    Kind of like how no one in the USA still wears coveralls, jeans, chaps, and cowboy hats on the job, right?

SWORD likely doesn't have a set uniform. What with being a secret organization and all.
    The Enclave...doesn't have a "uniform".

The guy representing the Fae is wearing what he's wearing.

I wager the Samsara are varied.

So Sailor suits then?
    ....No. Or was that supposed to be "funny".

I was thinking superpowers, but more seriously I thought it was plain that mundane refers to the plain and unextraordinary abilities, such as being good at running or sucking at school.
    Can't you just throw that in personality, history, etc.? But...*shrugs* organize as you wish.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I usually refer to hobbies, random quirks like "tests well but does badly in class," and likes/dislikes in personality.

Generally, uniforms are guidelines not rules. While most Shinigami wear a standard, many of them have modifications, even in canon.

Also, just a question, are the Enclave and S.W.O.R.D. supposed to be Permanent Factions or more Temporary?