New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Not. Funny.
    I just wish I could've seen your face when you read that first sentence.

Anyways, I think I've figured out how Karite could be a Vizard.

To restate, I'm going with Froze's idea of "Ichigo Before Soul Society Arc" style. The Hollow's there, but he doesn't know about it, and it's too weak to do anything yet.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-05-19 at 09:41 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post

The two items for group discussion are: a.) do spiritual beings give birth; b.)is spiritual power at all genetic.

I would say both are true, though on B I would make it fairly general. In other words, 2 "powerful" people don't guarantee the baby will be "strongest ever". Just that it will have some level of spiritual power.
    I do agree with what has been said.

Edit: It was a bewildered face because it took me three readings to get the attempted joke, at which point it had already lost all funny potential.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-05-19 at 09:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

I do agree with what has been said.
    I agree with KD as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

I would be inclined to agree with Knight as well. In which case maybe the child isn't super-powerful. However, there is the chance considering it's a child of two Captains. If it inherited power from both parents out of the pure luck pool that is genetics, then it would be pretty darn powerful.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I would be inclined to agree with Knight as well. In which case maybe the child isn't super-powerful. However, there is the chance considering it's a child of two Captains. If it inherited power from both parents out of the pure luck pool that is genetics, then it would be pretty darn powerful.
    Not necessarily. Because your Spiritual Pressure isn't decided at birth. You can work to increase it over time. It's an Acquired Trait, not a Genetic Trait.

So unless we're playing Lamarck Was Right, then that wouldn't happen.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Not necessarily. Because your Spiritual Pressure isn't decided at birth. You can work to increase it over time. It's an Acquired Trait, not a Genetic Trait.

I'd say there's elements of both, quite frankly.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

...well, it appears I better add Obstetrics to the the list of Medical Duties the 4th has, but I did not expect to come up.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

You know, I think 4th should probably have people who do all kinds of medical things. Doctors didn't specialize so much in the old days, so it's possible that they don't in Sereitei. As head of 4th that'd be up to you. I'm perfectly fine having, say, 10th be in charge of part of the mental health division if you want.

Edit: Clearly spiritual pressure is not purely trained. Ichigo has massive spiritual energy before he ever attains Shikai.

Edit 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    If it's a child I don't see why its level of initial or potential power needs to be discussed. Does anyone really plan on having it fight things straight out of the womb? Unless there's a big timeskip giving it time to mature I don't see why it's an issue.
    Also this.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-05-19 at 09:46 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post

According to Byakuya, you're exactly wrong.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

"So, tell me about your parents. And the truth, or the lie detector will zap you."
    Psychologic counseling, 12th division style.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

If it's a child I don't see why its level of initial or potential power needs to be discussed. Does anyone really expect it to fight things straight out of the womb? Unless there's a big timeskip giving it time to mature I don't see why it's an issue.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-05-19 at 09:46 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, I'm with Draken on this one. This is bloody ridiculous. Whether Natsuko is pregnant or not is up to HG, and TGVA. How far she's along is up to HG, and TGVA. This is a minor, single/double character-centric plot that has honestly very little impact on most other characters. That kind of stuff should not be up to a vote.

Horngeek, if you want to do this, do it. It's not like Captains will be in any major combat for a while. Since Shinigami are a bit tougher, I don't think it'd be much to say that minor combat wouldn't do much harm. Major combat? Yeah. Not so much. A certain few of you (not naming names) really need to step back and calm down before continuing this conversation. If at all. But I don't think that it should get beyond suggestions.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-05-19 at 09:49 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. Here's what I'm thinking:

Natsuko, at game start, is in the final... two months, or even the final month, of her pregnancy. tgva, you okay with that?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #1364

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    If it's a child I don't see why its level of initial or potential power needs to be discussed. Does anyone really expect it to fight things straight out of the womb? Unless there's a big timeskip giving it time to mature I don't see why it's an issue.
    Of course we do! have you never seen ninja-fighting-newborn IV!? Anyway, It's just something to discuss. I'm trying not to tell people to do anything one way or another, so I'm not sure if I'm one of the people who needs to back off. I'm awkward ike that, so if I do, feel free to tell me personally, as I (still) don't want to alienate myself by stepping on toes.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Pixie in the Playground

In bleach canon there happens to be a captain that's slowly dying of tuberculosis, who also happens to be close friends with what's easily the laziest captain to ever soil the soul society. It seems to be a foregone conclusion now but I think a knocked up captain laying about for a while should be fine.

I have to say though that I'm of the mind that the baby shouldn't be very formidable or even helpful, being a baby. Whever or not it has power should be irrelevant as as shinigami training is rather important to make use of shinimami power, not to mention cognitive ability that doesn't rival a bowl of soup.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Okay. Here's what I'm thinking:

Natsuko, at game start, is in the final... two months, or even the final month, of her pregnancy. tgva, you okay with that?
    That sounds fine. It'll at least mean Natsuko's ready for fighting by the time Captains should be ready for fighting.

Also, sorry if my comments have been misinterpreted or something, I have never wanted the baby to actually participate in fighting, plot, etc. I was just saying, it has possibility to be theoretically powerful. It's not going to be during game, but it has the possibility.

17. - Top - End - #1367

Oh it should be a part of the plot, I mean it is a pretty unique occurrence. But it shouldn't be a major one. I think the forbidden love between the captains would take a larger role in any soul society plot than this child would.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Oh it should be a part of the plot, I mean it is a pretty unique occurrence. But it shouldn't be a major one. I think the forbidden love between the captains would take a larger role in any soul society plot than this child would.
    I don't think it's that unique. Callos's captain is centered on the idea of shinigami being able to have kids, and those kids having potential. Maybe the fact that it's 2 Captain-levels is somewhat unique, but I don't think it's super unique or historical.

In other words, it's a plot point for Horngeek's character. Nothing more. Well. Horngeek and tgva8889.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

19. - Top - End - #1369

They're married, so... yeah. Guess you didn't know that.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    By which I mean, the pregnancy in-game.

Children may happen anyway.
    I think it could really add to the story to have a mother fighting for her child in a VERY literal sense, seeing as said child would be in her womb.

There might be in-game clues to her enemies as she fights, however. And that could end up having a really nasty ending. (I could see an opponent mentioning that she seems to be much more wary of being struck in the abdomen as opposed to the neck or head... and deducing from it that focusing the attacks on that area would destabilize her psychologically much more than anything else he did. I could also see an opponent sensing the baby's reiatsu, assuming the fetus has one. Whether or not he acts on it later is another issue though.)

I'm not sure whether this implication is something you had in mind or not, Horngeek... But I felt it should be brought to the forefront a little. I think pretty much everyone here would be squicked by the idea of the worst case scenario actually happening, but you should probably decide whether or not you want the in-game possibility of an enemy threatening the unborn child. While I could see a great deal of potentially deep RP coming from it, it's a pretty grim subject and not one I'm sure everyone is in agreement with.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

21. - Top - End - #1371

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I don't think it's that unique. Callos's captain is centered on the idea of shinigami being able to have kids, and those kids having potential. Maybe the fact that it's 2 Captain-levels is somewhat unique, but I don't think it's super unique or historical.

In other words, it's a plot point for Horngeek's character. Nothing more. Well. Horngeek and tgva8889.
    The double captain part was what I meant ^_^. But like I said before, is a romance within the squads a no-no or is it perfectly acceptable? (specifically Natsuko's and Taiki's, but also in general)

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

Or we could just not go there, Kuroimaken. Chances are very high Natsuko won't have to fight anyone during her pregnancy the way plans are going, so we can just avoid thinking about that possibility.

(Sorry if that sounds confrontational. Thinking about that just makes me sick is all.)

Also: Romance within the squads is acceptable by canon. Anyone remember Kaien and his wife? Don't see why it should be a problem here if it wasn't a problem there, honestly.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-05-19 at 10:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ettin in the Playground

That is for our CG to decide, and he alone.

*pokes Hunter*

Decide.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #1374

That is for our CG to decide, and he alone.

*pokes Hunter*

Decide.
    That honestly made me laugh. Anyway, if Lars ends up being a fraccion I'd selfishly want him for Sereg's, because of the personality.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Orc in the Playground

He wouldn't care.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Orc in the Playground

Or we could just not go there, Kuroimaken. Chances are very high Natsuko won't have to fight anyone during her pregnancy the way plans are going, so we can just avoid thinking about that possibility.

(Sorry if that sounds confrontational. Thinking about that just makes me sick is all.)

Also: Romance within the squads is acceptable by canon. Anyone remember Kaien and his wife? Don't see why it should be a problem here if it wasn't a problem there, honestly.
    No problem.

But that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about; I'm sure you understand that.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, I think 4th should probably have people who do all kinds of medical things. Doctors didn't specialize so much in the old days, so it's possible that they don't in Sereitei. As head of 4th that'd be up to you. I'm perfectly fine having, say, 10th be in charge of part of the mental health division if you want.
    No, if somebody provides therapy in the Seiteirei, it is the 4th.

And yeah, there aren't any Obstetricians, or anything like that. All of the Doctors are general practicioners, mostly because Kido can handle it. They may choose to specialize, but they can do antyhing. Therapy might be a bit different, just because it is a rather specialized skill set.

Also, I'm wondering if Ude would have taken up seeing to Natsuko's health himself. I envision him thinking of Natsuko as a friend, so he might want to deal with it himself. And like it or not, he is probably the best doctor in the Seiteirei, with the only competition coming from the retired Captain of the 4th.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    They're married, so... yeah. Guess you didn't know that.
    This.

On Kuro's idea... let's not go there, shall we? This is meant to be a lighter game than the last one.

@Tacky: well, Natsuko wouldn't mind Ude doing the check-ups himself.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

Neither would Taiki. Ude's a Captain, so Taiki has no problem with him. Probably. I imagine Taiki and Ude don't fight very much.

Edit: Not that Taiki really has a say...
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-05-19 at 10:38 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    No, if somebody provides therapy in the Seiteirei, it is the 4th.

And yeah, there aren't any Obstetricians, or anything like that. All of the Doctors are general practicioners, mostly because Kido can handle it. They may choose to specialize, but they can do antyhing. Therapy might be a bit different, just because it is a rather specialized skill set.

Also, I'm wondering if Ude would have taken up seeing to Natsuko's health himself. I envision him thinking of Natsuko as a friend, so he might want to deal with it himself. And like it or not, he is probably the best doctor in the Seiteirei, with the only competition coming from the retired Captain of the 4th.
    "I shall BUILD a better doctor. With built-in tools. YES! Scapels inside his fingers. Defibrilator sin his chest. Eye surgery lasers in his eyes!"
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-05-19 at 10:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing