New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 6

You know. I'm not sure. I just thought I'd ask before I change to name on the character.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Well, as has been said, we don't NEED all the spots filled. In fact, it's useful to have them not all filled- either they just aren't filled, or they're 'not yet revealed'. As decided by whoever DOES end up taking the positions.
    Okay, didn't know exactly what we were doing with that.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

I just listened to Amorphis's Skyforger album first time in a long while. However, as I had BleachITP and the recent "omake" roleplaying fresh in mind, I made some interesting connections between the songs and our RP.

Ryouichi and Kazuo, your plans for a perfect robot girlfriend are doomed to failure. Funny how even centuries ago people though that a robot girl simply can't replace the real stuff. (The song's based on ancient finnish myths about Seppo Ilmarinen, a legendary artificer and titular Skyforger.)

This is Taiki's worst nightmare, and maybe something that happened to him in the past.

This song fits Elder like a glove. Okay, so it didn't literally forge the sky, but it would be completely in-character for it to claim credit. It's also a great metaphor for its life as a hollow.

This one
    is for Emet, and to lesser extent, for Hannibal. The song is based on ancient Finnish myths of the birth of iron, if you don't get why.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    No he does not meet any of the description of a Tsukumogami, and he is dead. He is in Soul society.

It is one of my biggest worryings that in making Erima as a character that other people would also want to make 'Tsukumogami,' but I am very much opposed to making more 'factions' especially since already I am concerned Erima crosses the description of 'What is Bleach.'

It is never my intention for 'Tsukumogami' to describe like 'Shinigami' or 'Bount.' I hoped very much it was a 'one case' time.
    I do not know enough of the culture to compare, but from what I know, Emet's backstory seens to fit the description or something similar at least. He was originally a spirit who lived within objects, but at some point he was sent on to Soul Society.

So he is, perhaps, no longer a tsukumogami, but from the information I have I am inclined to say that at one point he was.

Also, do note that classification by 'species' does not necessarily entail faction. It is just an easy descriptive grouping. A faction only appears when it is explicitly described, with overreaching goals that its members follow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

What Draken Said, basically.

And don't worry, I think he'll be the only one.

Yeah, I'm scrapping the 'suit of armor' idea.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I do not know enough of the culture to compare, but from what I know, Emet's backstory seems to fit the description or something similar at least. He was originally a spirit who lived within objects, but at some point he was sent on to Soul Society.

So he is, perhaps, no longer a tsukumogami, but from the information I have I am inclined to say that at one point he was.

Also, do note that classification by 'species' does not necessarily entail faction. It is just an easy descriptive grouping. A faction only appears when it is explicitly described, with overreaching goals that its members follow.
    I am sorry if this seems rude Draken, but I do not agree. I don't know Emet's culture, but I know tsukumogami culture.

I must disagree perhaps of the same level as KD and Sucrose did with Boo.

I have seen nothing in Emet's description when reviewing him that makes me think 'Tsukumogami.' It is the opposite - seemingly a spirit that possesses objects of many kinds. Edge even says very clearly
    It is unclear whether Emet’s previous life really was a life. He was certainly a ghost in the shell, but whether that makes him a soul or not is still a subject of some debate.
    He is always described as being within an object and it moved from object to object.

You even say this:
    He was originally a spirit who lived within objects,
    This is not a Tsukumogami. a Tsukumogami is one object that is alive. And to become alive it has several conditions of importance, some of these rules are directly broken in Emet's history.

It is like one suggesting to me that we should call Tengu "Angels" because they seem to have wings too. It is not true.

My problem with this is perhaps I think viewed as a reaction to the thought like what you describe. It is an attempt to categorize a 'Spiritual Anomaly' into another way which does not work, and which creates trouble for me. I do not understand why "Spiritual Anomaly" cannot describe Emet. There are several characters within such a group. I really don't want 'Tsukumogami' to become a group.

There is no reason to describe him as a 'Tsukumogami' and many reasons why him should not be.

I would have maybe skipped your post except I saw my name:
    kasanip gave us a good word to call what he is. He is a tsukumogami, the spirit of an object. His background complies to this fact.
    I did not say anything to you or Edge of this kind. Not in PM, and not in OOC. I do not believe Emet is one, so why would I say such a thing? (and I did not). So I have to try to very clearly say what I think of it.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-05-21 at 09:36 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I did not say anything to you or Edge of this kind. Not in PM, and not in OOC. I do not believe Emet is one, so why would I say such a thing? (and I did not). So I have to try to very clearly say what I think of it.
    He's not saying you literally told him that. He meant he was assuming the word you used would also fit in this situation because of similarities. I am largely certain that he isn't trying to frame you.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-05-21 at 09:41 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

>_>

Ok. So my understanding of what a Tsukumogami is has been proved wrong. A simple misconception.

Also, that last line did not refer to something specific, it was just a figure of language meaning that your writeup of a tsukumogami character gave a description that allowed me to transpose the meaning.

Simply put. You described what a tsukumogami is, and I (erroneously) thought it applied to Emet's situation. Which now I see is not the case.

So I will withdraw my wrong assumption. Emet is not a tsukumogami, just... Some sort of haunting object soul.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

So I will withdraw my wrong assumption. Emet is not a tsukumogami, just... Some sort of haunting object soul.
    Could he have been born from a stray emotion or desire which became separate from another spirit?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-05-21 at 09:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Could he have been born from a stray emotion or desire which became separate from another spirit?
    No idea. Edge's character.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

>_>

Ok. So my understanding of what a Tsukumogami is has been proved wrong. A simple misconception.

Also, that last line did not refer to something specific, it was just a figure of language meaning that your writeup of a tsukumogami character gave a description that allowed me to transpose the meaning.

Simply put. You described what a tsukumogami is, and I (erroneously) thought it applied to Emet's situation. Which now I see is not the case.

Thank you Draken. I also apologize for making misunderstanding of your saying. m(_ _)m
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    This is the basic idea behind him. He was born and strengthened by the importance assigned to the objects he inhabited.

@F_F: Don't know if I'll use your suggested song for Emet, but I do like it. I suppose at the very least it would be a less well-known substitute for Sabbath's Iron Man.
    Last edited by Edge; 2010-05-21 at 12:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Barbarian in the Playground

See this... This right here? Yeah THIS is how discussions over disagreements should go. Not take up a dozen pages. (Not singling anyone out) But...Yeah.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    See this... This right here? Yeah THIS is how discussions over disagreements should go. Not take up a dozen pages. (Not singling anyone out) But...Yeah.
    See this? This is exactly how you shouldn't go about pointing it out. More so the bringing up of things that have been settled for no particular reason than to do it.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This statement is such a broad generalization and vague indictment of those involved in a previous discussion as to be essentially meaningless. It doesn't at all take into account the wildly different factors involved here.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

And would appear to threaten to incite another such discussion.

Anyway.

Um...

Fraccion for Aléjandro? Anyone?

17. - Top - End - #347

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    No fraccion for you!
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Butbutbut!

Aww...

19. - Top - End - #349

Like I said, not singling any group of people, or even discussion, out. Because there have been a few that lasted longer than necessary. Everything seems to be solved at this point though. (Or well on its way to being solved) So no need to stir up the waters... Sorry for that

20. - Top - End - #350

Butbutbut!

Aww...
    You know what you did.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Like I said, not singling any group of people, or even discussion, out. Because there have been a few that lasted longer than necessary. Everything seems to be solved at this point though. (Or well on its way to being solved) So no need to stir up the waters... Sorry for that
    For goodness sake man! Just close yer trap before you spawn an argument with your pointing out of how arguments should go! Quiet!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

And would appear to threaten to incite another such discussion.

Anyway.

Um...

Part of me wants to help.

But part of me isn't sure if I could make a good villain. I don't feel like I did a very good job at "villain building" with Noriko.

I'm also not sure if I want to have more characters.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Part of me wants to help.

But part of me isn't sure if I could make a good villain. I don't feel like I did a very good job at "villain building" with Noriko.

I'm also not sure if I want to have more characters.
    From what I've observed of the actions of your characters and yourself through OOC debates and arguments, KD, you could make an excellent villain character.

Said character would just have to have an inverted, or nearly so, version of your morality.

Whether you're comfortable with that is another matter entirely.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

From what I've observed of the actions of your characters and yourself through OOC debates and arguments, KD, you could make an excellent villain character.

Said character would just have to have an inverted, or nearly so, version of your morality.

Whether you're comfortable with that is another matter entirely.
    Hm. Want to PM a bit to toss ideas around?

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure. Fire away.

26. - Top - End - #356

@Edge: I spose Apolinar, like you originally suggested, would fit the bill. I'm currently reading through the list of Espada, seeing where he would fit in.
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-05-21 at 02:03 PM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357

I still want Lars as mine if he's interested. ^_^

28. - Top - End - #358

You know what, I'll just let Apolinar be the fraccion of whoever wants him first, as the decision really rests with them.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359

Steilos, just figure out which espada your character would be most like, then ask them. Everyone's really chomping at the bit for fraccion, so you really have your choice.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it's pretty much agreed he Alejandro's. Look, I'll give you hand and put him in that place in the registry.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."