New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 6

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    @CheapAfterTaste: Uhhh... *cough*

Talon Gunvhald.

That said. He seems more like an Arrancar. And as a 3rd seat, should really not have Bankai, unless you're just noting it for future use. Which is fine. But you should make a note of that, if you do.

...Also, 7 years old? He'd be a toddler.

57 is a more appropriate age, and even then, he'd have to be some kind of genius to be a 3rd seat already.
    Pretty much this.

As to the bolded, in the same vein as Callos would like to keep the oldest Shinigami, I'd geatly like to keep the youngest Shinigami title. It may be a little selfish, but there it is.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-05-20 at 03:45 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh, I'm pretty sure there are Shinigami younger than Takeshi - fresh academy recruits and unseated. However, he is likely the youngest officer, and maybe the youngest person to achieve Bankai.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Eh, I'm pretty sure there are Shinigami younger than Takeshi - fresh academy recruits and unseated. However, he is likely the youngest officer, and maybe the youngest person to achieve Bankai.
    Well, thats what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.
    My Current Works

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

If I read correctly, the character only LOOKS 7, and is in fact about 400 years old. Don't ask me how that works, but maybe CheapAT could look into putting real age in the Age section, might help avoid confusion.

Anyway, reposting this from last page. I'd wait till 5th page, but I have to log off soon, and you guys will have probably steamrollered to Page 10, if the number of threads is any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Alright, here's a fraccion if you happen to need more.

Sargeant Apolinar Rodriguez, Fraccion

Spoiler
    Show

Age: 452 years old, counting mortal life (422 afterwards)
    Height: 6'1"
    Aspect of Death: Pride/Honour
    Weight: 189
    Reiatsu: A dark blue, tinged with dark red and smelling faintly of the ocean
    Speech colour: Navy
    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tall and somewhat imposing, Apolinar is never found without his armour and helmet, or without his 16th century Spanish soldier's uniform. A fairly lean man who looks to be in his thirties, he sports black hair, a beard and moustache of middling length and his Hollow Mask, which is a steel plate adorned with a depiction of crashing waves strapped over his left eye. His 400 years without an eye seem to have given him plenty of time to accomodate for this lack of depth perception, and he shows no signs of being hindered by the missing eye. Incidentally, the Hollow Hole is his left eye, in case anyone was wondering why he has to wear an eyepatch. The main standout feature is most definitely how haggard he looks. His skin is ghostly pale, and there is a definite... dampness about him. He looks slightly pruned, almost as if he had spent some time at the bottom of the sea...

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sargeant's temperament has always been reserved, polite and gentlemanly. When riled, however, he becomes a regular old dog of war, abandoning tact, social graces, but never obedience, in favour of uncompromising brutality. He owes everything to Las Noches, as his fealty to them gives him that all important reason to live, and would obey any orders except the ridiculous without question.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apolinar was born in 1558. His father, Roderigo, was an artist with a great love for Greek mythology. Despite his father's protests, Apolinar joined the Spanish Army, and became renowned for his strict sense of honour and discipline. However, on that fateful day in 1588, when the fire ships burned into the harbour at Gravelines, Apolinar found himself and the ship he was on in the heat of battle as the Armada was pushed into the Channel. There, his ship was shot to pieces and the men dived off like rats. Surrounded and basically alone on a sinking wreck, Apolinar cursed the evacuating sailors, and spat in the face of the captain as he climbed aboard one of the boats. He started to load the cannons himself, but a chain shot hit the mast and it toppled down on top of him. The ship soon folded up and sank to the bottom, and that was the last anyone saw of Sargeant Apolinar Rodriguez.

Unfortunately, no one thought to check that last statement with Rodriguez himself. After several days wandering on the seabed, he came up, expecting to see the glorious Armada back on course. Instead what he saw was devastation. The glorious, invincible Armada... a spot on which Rodriguez had been preparing for his whole life... was in full rout. Helpless, he watched and raged helplessly as the ships dashed against the rocks, and thousands of his comrades died, not fighting gloriously, but begging for mercy. It hit him, starkly, in that moment, the sheer weakness of humanity, how easily it hid itself, no matter the punishment. It did not take long for him to Hollowify after that.

Maybe the Fae were on holiday. Maybe he just didn't do that much. But after slaughtering his parents in a blind rage, Apolinar toured Britain, terrorising children as a malevolent Hollow spirit, even killing some, in a state of total anger. How dare they mock Spain!? How DARE they mock ME!? Eventually this slowly passed, and a new, yet at the same time old, feeling came back to haunt him: Guilt. He was a child murderer. Fratricidal. Matricidal. What had happened to the honour and chivalry that had guided him so far? Being a soldier, and not one to give in at that, Apolinar came to realise just how little these meant on their own. It is about this time that Apolinar became an Arrancar, somewhere around 50 years after his death. The souls he had consumed up to this point made him strong enough to survive, but only just. Making his way to Hueco Mundo, Rodriguez became a Numeros after pledging fealty to the King of Hollows. The next 400 years involved him getting strong enough to work up to fraccion status, which was difficult given he did not take the usual Menos path most took.

Abilities:
    Standard Arrancar Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bala- Apolinar does not really go in for Bala, and when he does, he usually uses it as a decoy before an actual strike. It isn't really that harmful, due to his lack of practice, but it is quite flashy.
    Cero- Comes out of his mouth, and is essentially blood-tainted seawater, which may have once been coughed up from his lungs, in an energy form. It's strong and quite quick moving, but he spends a few seconds inhaling beforehand, and he has to drop some hierro away from his facial area while he performs it.
    Hierro- Outstanding. Easily one of the best, if not the best, among fraccion. It even sometimes matches an Espada's level. And that is not even counting the armour. He also has exceptional control of this ability.
    Garganta- Portal to other dimensions. Nothing more to say really, as Apolinar has an average skill in this.
    Sonido- Poor. Although Apolinar can (barely) stand on air, he prefers the ground, and his movement speed is barely-above-mortal slow, although he is fairly quick and skilled with his weapon.
    Pesquisa- Fast (about 1 second), and far reaching, but quite indistinct, not giving anything other than direction. It's basically a sonar ping, in that respect. If he wants more detail, Apolinar can focus upon one person above all others, but only within about 50m.

Zanpakutō: Precio del Deber
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: A battle-worn halberd, with an elongated tip which makes the weapon look more like a pike.

Resureccion
    Spoiler
    Show

"Romper, las olas de vosotros, contra el acero del Honor..."
    ("Break, ye waves, against Honour's steel...")

A fairly accurate description of what this entails. Scales form over Apolinar's skin, although this is hard to notice against the sudden thickening of his armour: suddenly a full suit of plate, as worn by feudal knights. It's heavy, but it feels significantly lighter to Apolinar; about the weight of his regular uniform in fact. Although this helps somewhat against attacks, the main defense increase comes from the fusing of his hierro with this armour, allowing him to treat it like his own flesh and blood for channeling his hierro, which is now strengthened significantly, making him nigh-invulnerable to anyone below VC level, and reasonably close to that on anyone below Captain. He's still slow as all heck though.
    Glorious Fusilade: His strikes, although no faster, can, at the price of some fatigue, gain the force of a ship cannon's broadside. When this happens, the blade of his weapon glows white-hot, and the crashing of waves can be heard. He can alternately, provided he stands stock still and lowers his defenses, channel this energy into a heavy cannon bombardment. Think his cero, on fire, shot 20 times at once, wide to narrowish spread, depending on Apolinar's wish.
    Sea Control: Apolinar can do such things as raise up a wave to shield against incoming attacks, and cause eddies and currents to catch those in the water off balance, but really this is not anything more than the occasional fancy trick.

Last edited by Steilos; 2010-05-20 at 04:10 PM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Very nice character, Steilos. I think he's a good bench-mark for high-end fraccion - very strong in few areas, but has clear weaknesses that could be exploited by the less powerful cast. And his backstory is nice too.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Just a question: if we were going to do a 'Turn Back The Pendulum' episode, could we perhaps make it 100 years ago instead of 200? That's what they did in the canon...plus we could fit in more characters that way.

(I'm a little late because I had 8 pages to catch up on)
    I think it's been agreed we're not going to do a single thread, and instead a collection of 'TBTP episodes'.

Really, these serve the purpose of keeping interest up, while not starting the main story before the first BleachitP is done with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe you could start the trend with that NatsuTai romance plot? I was going to suggest a cheesy tittle for that one, but couldn't come up with anything appropriately sacharine.

EDIT: Oh, and lets keep the "canon" style of labeling TBTP epsiodes with negative numbers. So yours would be, what, TBTP -10?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-05-20 at 05:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

@Steilos: I think I've found the one character who Caerwyn might actually fight. If he found out he'd been loose in Britain, I mean. It's a matter of honour and responsibility.

Also, it seems Aléjandro could work with him. Someone to discuss tactics with, at the very least.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Maybe you could start the trend with that NatsuTai romance plot? I was going to suggest a cheesy tittle for that one, but couldn't come up with anything appropriately sacharine.

EDIT: Oh, and lets keep the "canon" style of labeling TBTP epsiodes with negative numbers. So yours would be, what, TBTP -10?
    Well, the wedding would be -10, yes.

But we do need Captaincy decisions made first.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I think it's been agreed we're not going to do a single thread, and instead a collection of 'TBTP episodes'.

Really, these serve the purpose of keeping interest up, while not starting the main story before the first BleachitP is done with.
    Yeah, that does make a lot more sense. Yuuki's 190-ish, so I can probably work with that. He'd be about the age that Hitsugaya was in the canon TBTP series....I think...age is the Seireitei is really screwed up.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, it is.

On the wedding thread: All Captains/Vice-Captains at the time would have been invited. Probably anyone else who knew Natsuko or Taiki well, as well.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    The thought of Edward as Segunda is both hilarious and oddly fitting. I endorse that idea.
    I think so too but the number doesn't really matter to me ultimately.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapAfterTaste View Post
    Bonjourno I'm a newbie and I've made my first character and I would like comments and what not. Please and thanks.
    CMOTDibbler and you know that guy...>.> oh yeah Righty convinced me to join and so i did :D!

Name: Rya Tamasine
    Position: 10th 3rd Seat
    Reiatsu: Slate Grey
    Height: 3'8
    Weight: 69

Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: Rya is a humanoid (dragon/human). Rya has silver hair and onyx black eyes. He has wings that spread three feet. Rya looks like a seven year old little child, but he is actually around four hundred years old. His body is covered with white (greenish tented) scales. He wears a standard black hakama and black haori with the white sash, but he doesn't wear any shoes and prefers to run around bare footed.

Personality: Rya is actually has a twin brother named Ryu whose soul was trapped inside of his body. There is no given time in which one is in control they're always acting as one. Rya and Ryu are very playful and they like to play pranks on the other shinigami on a regular basis. However when in battle or an important issue arises they become very serious.

Zanpakuto: Ryū-ryoku
    Ryū-ryoku is a duel Kodachi

Shikai: Kasai burēdo (Fire Blades) while in shikai form the blades of Ryū-ryoku turn dark red and engulf in flames. Ryū-ryoku is enchanted in with fire and enchances the damage of its attacks.

Bankai: Tamashī o sakujo suru (Remove Soul) while in bankai form Ryu's soul is stripped from Rya's body and it takes the form of a body identical to Rya's. Ryu is then enabled to fight outside of Rya's body and he uses one of the blades of Ryū-ryoku.

Abilities: All of Rya's senses are enhanced. He has exceptional vision, hearing, and sense of smell.

Other: While Ryu's and Rya's mother was giving birth she devoured Ryu's body and his soul sort of wandered into Rya's body some how o_O.

Other: While Ryu's and Rya's mother was giving birth she devoured Ryu's body and his soul sort of wandered into Rya's body some how o_O.
    o_O
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-05-20 at 06:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

If we're going to have prologue episodes, someone should add a section for them to the wiki.

Also, making a point: the way adding episodes to the wiki works, it is vitally important that they be added in the order they are made. Just to let you guys know.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #104

<.<
    >.>

If we're going to have prologue episodes, someone should add a section for them to the wiki.

Also, making a point: the way adding episodes to the wiki works, it is vitally important that they be added in the order they are made. Just to let you guys know.
    So add to the Wiki before you actually start? Anyway, anyone think I should make a bount?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    So add to the Wiki before you actually start? Anyway, anyone think I should make a bount?
    No, just make sure they go in in the order they went up on GitP. So, if we make Episodes 5 and 6, they should be entered onto the wiki 5th and 6th, respectively.

Otherwise, the numbers on the wiki are stuffed up.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-20 at 06:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #106

Err, what's the ruling on mortal weapons against spirit characters, such as a crowbar? (or plastique >_>)

17. - Top - End - #107

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    I think so too but the number doesn't really matter to me ultimately.

o_O
    Another minor point. He wouldn't have a haori. He's not a Captain or Vice Captain.
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Err, what's the ruling on mortal weapons against spirit characters, such as a crowbar? (or plastique >_>)
    By a plain mortal, or a mortal whose only power is to see spirits? I'd say that, at best, it might stun a weak hollow.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

He's not a Captain. VCs don't have haoris either.

Also, apart from that bolded bit being squicky, how did it work anyway?

For that matter, how is he a half-dragon?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    By a plain mortal, or a mortal whose only power is to see spirits? I'd say that, at best, it might stun a weak hollow.
    Specifically by a bount or other spiritually inclined character, like if an arrancar were to swing a light post at a shinigami. Would it go through, or would it connect? (And plastique would do a bit more than stun it, I would hope... C4 FTW!!!)

@ HG: Well, when a mommy dragon loves a daddy human very much...
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-05-20 at 06:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Chad landed a couple of pretty good hits against Shrieker.

...that was an awesome fight.

@^: So, we have dragons as a species now?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-20 at 06:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #112

He's not a Captain. VCs don't have haoris either.

Also, apart from that bolded bit being squicky, how did it work anyway?

For that matter, how is he a half-dragon?
    I'd point to my Avatar and remind you Yen was a Vice Captain. I only included the VC's because there is a precedent for them to be able to wear it with Captain permission.
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #113

We have a suit of armor that walks around, so why the heck not? He could be a one time character too.

edit: I'd love to see a rogue shinigami wear a haori, just to spite the seretei. Maybe have the symbol for '0' on the back. I just think hilarity would follow.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-05-20 at 06:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    I'd point to my Avatar and remind you Yen was a Vice Captain. I only included the VC's because there is a precedent for them to be able to wear it with Captain permission.
    He's an exception to the rule, and the general rule is that VC's don't wear haoris.

But that's... not my primary problem here.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe a komodo dragon.

Or maybe Alejandro has been doing naughty things.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Seriously, if he means a D&D style dragon, I'm very against it. Komodo... that's just squicky.

So, what type of dragon do you mean? And how is he a 'half-dragon'?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Aléjandro isn't really one for 'naughty things'. Due to the emotionless, logical approach to everything.
    Last edited by Edge; 2010-05-20 at 06:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

We have a suit of armor that walks around, so why the heck not? He could be a one time character too.

edit: I'd love to see a rogue shinigami wear a haori, just to spite the seretei. Maybe have the symbol for '0' on the back. I just think hilarity would follow.
    Because he's more like a Arrancar, and it makes no sense he's a half dragon because his mother ate her son and the soul merged with her other son.
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    It was established early that mortals, even those can't see spirits, can touch or be touched by spiritual creatures. Judging from the fact that Sado could smack Shrieker with a lamp post, that attribute extends to held objects as well. I'd be more interested on whether it would extend to things like bullets shot from a gun.

30. - Top - End - #120

Seriously, if he means a D&D style dragon, I'm very against it. Komodo... that's just squicky.

So, what type of dragon do you mean? And how is he a 'half-dragon'?
    Well, a D&D dragon can shapechange, so it's not that bad. Honestly I say just forget it, at least it's not going to lead to another 10 page fight over it. Who cares how/why he's a half dragon, It shouldn't make too much of a difference one way or another. Only difference is he might be able to fly in the seretei.

@ Innis: I don't think that's what made him a half dragon, I think it was supposed to be like parasitic twins, and the late brother is now his zanpakutou spirit.

@Frozen: That was what I was ultimately getting at, actually.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-05-20 at 06:20 PM.