New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Tormenta]A brave new world

The Blind Beholder Inn.Located near Valkaria's statue,in Valkaria!Capital of Deheon and point zero of arton.Named after a creature saw by the bartender,but nobody believes in that.But is a good place to be,people of all kind are found there.Most of them adventurers,in the most weird clothes,species,appearances carrying shiny weapons with auras of heat,cold, and even sound!But also people who just started and barely know how to actually swing their swords around or pronounce that draconic word to cast a spell

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah,you all meet in an inn,and will begin to know each other here.If you wanna be from another world,Vectora is around so feel free to do so.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [Tormenta]A brave new world

Elia walks to one of the barkeeps Sir if I may, have you seen a guy that's a little taller than me, with brown hair, eyes like mine, and carrying a black bound book She leans in to give the barkeep a good look at her eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aloysius is sitting at the bar, drinking a glass of water and eating a meager plate of food. He is rapidly running out of money, and is in the bar looking for work. As such, when Elia walks in and inquires about the missing man, he sits up and listens intently.
    "Here's some advice, boy. Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
    - Commander Samuel Vimes, in Terry Pratchett's Night Watch

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Two purposes for this post. One, bumpage. Two, subscribing.
    "Here's some advice, boy. Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BarkeepA little taller with a black book heh?Let's see...around this city it is easy to spot these weirdos...Well,I could have seen him but my mind is a kinda misty right now

(Subscribing?)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Rand is sitting at the bar alone with his thoughts and almost empty mug. He has been looking for employment for some time now but with no luck. He is not used to life in the cities and is hardly making his way with these folks. The opportunity will present itself he thinks, when he hears the talk at the bar ...

The bartenders are always the same though, their memories always get clear with some money. He raises an eyebrow as he hears the bartender and laughs a bit.
    Last edited by bigbaddragon; 2010-05-25 at 09:32 AM.
    Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice

Many thanks to The Randomizer for awesome avatar

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    (Subscribing?)
    You can subscribe to a thread to receive messages whenever someone posts to it. Makes it easier to keep track of what's going on.

8. - Top - End - #8

Elia pulls out 10 gold pieces, He murdered my family, I want revenge She speaks softly, tears in her eyes.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aloysius blinks. Murder? A serious crime. Paid or not, he is bound to assist this woman.
    He continues to watch closely.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Not having any jobs from the Guild lately Fzoul's ears perk up when he hears someone looking for revenge.
    Timoleon the Proud-Tomb of Horrors...Currently deceased
    >

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

A man whose flesh seems to be made of scales of varying shades of black and gray, sitting a corner of the bar, his startlingly blue eyes constantly scanning the crowd, left to right, right to left, nursing a glass of water like it might be the last bit of liquid he ever consumes, suddenly goes very still at the sound of the word "revenge." He's been on the lookout for a profitable engagement, and in his (admittedly limited) experience revenge is always profitable. Not even pretending that he's not listening Frith walks up to the bar where the revenge-bound woman is and sits at the stool [or stands if there isn't a stool] next to her, his somewhat disconcerting gaze resting on the counter between them.

12. - Top - End - #12

Elia looks shocked What in the abyss, why are you listening to me.

13. - Top - End - #13

I wasn't listening to you, per se. The dark man says, seemingly to the table. Then he lifts his eyes to the woman, continuing. But I did happen to hear my favorite word. You did speak of revenge, did you not? Perhaps you have enough of that dish to share? he finishes as a demonic smirk crawls onto his face.

14. - Top - End - #14

Elia backs up a step Who are you, why do you care about my brother

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

With the sudden appearance of Frith,the bartkeep looks worried and takes a look around sweeping the inn.His eyes stop for some seconds on Aloysus and seeing the sword and scale(the measuring one,its Khalmyr's holy symbol) he looks even more worried.Taking a scroll and a feather along with ink from under the table,he writes something,folds it and passes it to Elia,while taking the coins

Barkeep:Here's the price on what you drank

16. - Top - End - #16

She looks at it if it's good information she says Everything seems to be in order, thank you sir if not she just glowers at him
    Last edited by Illven; 2010-05-27 at 05:28 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aloysius gives the bartender a blank stare when he looks at him. Other than that, he shows no reaction.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Who are you, why do you care about my brother
    Brother is it? Well, honestly I don't. What I care about is lucrative business opportunities. And revenge is my business. Frith replies as the smirk widens to a shark-like grin. I do apologize, though, if I've offended you in my eagerness to do business He continues with a more somber voice and expression. If you'd rather keep it personal, I do understand. But I would be ever-so disappointed if I couldn't help, he finishes with a look of abject misery spoiled only by the lack of any emotion in his eyes.
    Last edited by Ishcumbeebeeda; 2010-05-27 at 12:42 PM. Reason: GUM

19. - Top - End - #19

Honestly I can't promise any pay, although if you're still willing to help, I'd be happy to accept She stands firm this time

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

If you need a good bow count me in.
    >

21. - Top - End - #21

Um who are you, and why do you want to help She looks at the new arrival

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

In the case you'll need some more help I'd also like to help, its been a month since the last time I had a job, my blade is getting rusty. I must warn you though, revenge isn't always as sweet and satisfactory when you finally carry it out ... the feeling that caused it will most likely stay for a long time after that.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Me I really do not know who I am. I just know that I like to kill bad things. I think my name is Fzoul. That sounds rights but who knows?
    >

24. - Top - End - #24

She turns to the Ranger Who are you. and I'm not letting him get away, he killed my mother and sister.. She turns to the rogue Are you ok, do you need a healer
    Last edited by Illven; 2010-05-28 at 03:43 PM. Reason: messed up who was talking

25. - Top - End - #25

Looking around at the others who've spoken up Frith's shark-like grin slowly oozes back onto his face. His eyes continually flicking from one of the new comers to the next and so forth, and chuckling slightly, Frith addresses Elia, Well I'll be damned. Looks like you walked into a tavern full of altruists, eh? His eyes finally returning to Elia he continues And as for pay... well there's pay and then there's compensation. I find that in my line of work the job usually is the compensation. Pay can take care of itself. I'm sure this person or persons unknown to the rest of us probably has some form of currency, yes? As the last of his words slide past his teeth a look of supreme peace passes over his face, though only for a moment, before being replaced again with what you're coming to believe is his usual facial expression; the toothy grin.
    Last edited by Ishcumbeebeeda; 2010-05-28 at 01:31 PM. Reason: GUM

26. - Top - End - #26

Altruist!? you two both have selfish motive's for helping me She points to Fzoul You're helping me because you have nothing better to do. She points to Frith and you just want to state your bloodlust, the only altruist one is posabily you and we don;t even know you're motives. pointing at Rand However I could use the help, if you're willing to spilt the profits on an even basis She smiles shyly
    Last edited by Illven; 2010-05-28 at 03:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

(I was planning to wait until the talk was over to pass you the information,but it seems like that's not happening soon ^^)
    "I can confirm someone like you describne was around the city,but if you want need more information there are some people who might be able to help,go to the "Guard in Black Armor" near Valkaria's statue and say The guards are watching" to the barkeep"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Let me apologize for my rudeness, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Rand, and your name is?

With a faint smile on his face Rand stretches his hand forward for a handshake treating Elia with respect.

I overheard you talk about your family and revenge, and I couldn't help but be reminded of my own misfortune though I think yours is much greater. If you'd like a blade by your side I'd be happy to help you and money is not an issue.

After all it is a great shame to see such a pretty girl sad and not try to do anything about it.

29. - Top - End - #29

She rolls her eyes a little at the semi flirting. My name is Elia. maybe you could tell me the story sometime, right now I need to leave and ask elsewhere She holds out her hand for a handsake

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Nice to meet you Elia. I'll wait at the entrance until you finish the talk with the rest of the gentlemen.