New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Azure Zephyr

Liam frowns, "Everyone is worthy of redemption... and if she is somehow related to our lost friend, we need to do everything we can to help her. Just as our friend would have done everything she could for our child if something had happened to us."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Arha

Arha rolls her eyes, they'd feel differently if the elf had killed their son instead of several someones they didn't really know. No, she doesn't consider that Shrike, Liam or Bruug were friends with Kerri or with the others that were killed. So, she remains quiet and waits to see what will happen.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Redemption is a choice that has to be made willingly, it is not something you can force on someone or simply give to them. If you do, they will simply view it as an opportunity and wait for their chance to continue." Aust adds holding his hand to his face for a moment as he draws it away in a breath.
    "Fine I get it you're going to defend her, it wouldn’t be much of a trial if she had no defense; Trial aside though, so let’s just say there are circumstances in her history and she's been physically, mentally, maybe even magically conditioned to behave a certain way - hell that makes sense to raise an assassin like that." He adds with a pause. "How long do you think it will take to break such conditioning?"

“Years, if ever… There’s also the issue, that if you’re doing this out of friendship, as her mother’s friends can you tell me that her mother would really want her daughter doing these things? Is it not the duty of one’s parents to punish their children when they misbehave and to show them the error of their ways? These events are tragic from various perspectives, but are you implying that because she was acting under orders she should not be punished or have to atone for her crimes? Im all for you trying to fix her mind ‘if it needs it’,” He adds since they are still uncertain to the circumstance and whether she was a willing participant or not. “after all if someone doesn’t feel what they did is wrong, how is any punishment a proper penance?”

He adds looking up for a moment remembering something. “But I said trial aside; right now, we simply don’t have the time it will take for the days of trial, debate and deliberation on this matter. As well as the years of possible therapy you all will have to perform while she is in your custody should you win such a case.” He adds as if to say ‘unlikely’. “Even though every fiber of my person tells me otherwise, I move to have her simply restrained and detained until we can give this matter our full attention after the mission at hand which is a time sensitive matter. If you wish to talk to her beforehand, I will not object though.”

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp
    Halfling Rogue/Dragon-Knight

What you say is true, Aust. But one cannot find redemption, if not given the chance, either. She should have her trial, after we rescue Allie, of course.

Calli then looks to Shrike and Liam. But unlike Salli, this one is very dangerous if set free, so I agree that she should be confined until we have the time for the trial. If she escapes, I suggest death. We cannot waste time trying to recapture her. She looks to the White Drow. Do you understand? You flee, you die.

She looks up at Arha. She not she, but she thinks she understands how the spellflinger feels. If she'd killed Allie, Lyn, or most of the other lovers she's known, she'd have killed the fake-drow as soon as she'd seen her, or died trying.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

"I agree," Shrike says simply in answer to Calli, taking a deep breath. "And she should be tried. But to not give her the chance to turn...or at least to understand what happened...well." She sighs, ready to begin the 'interrogation', and looking to Illanee. "Please pray, for my strength," she says softly to her mentor.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #366
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Illanee

"Eilistraee strengthen us all." She rests a hand on Shrike's shoulder. "A full investigation and fair trial is wise, and there may be reasons, compulsion or the like, for such conduct, but steel yourself against the possibility redemption is neither sought nor possible. If there is one thing that my people know it is that blood does not make you good or evil.

We shall see."
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-08-12 at 06:42 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Default Regarding the White Drow

A mystery pouch will be found by one of Olmeric's assistants during Aust's search of the ship. This will contain quite a few interesting powerfully magical items, likely belonging to the White Drow.

Shrike will be given alone time if needed, though Captain Merie will be on the other side of the glass in the observatory room.

Merie will calm Shrike, and assure both Arha and the ranger that a fair trial would be had. "It looks grim for your friend from the future... Be lucky we don't put your future-son on trial for the unseen damage he's done. I might fail to report that part until we get him back.... to the future." Looking with narrowing eyes she spots Bruug. "And I don't know what you're getting up to in the future, but you be careful. I'm sure the Void are already looking for you now. They are good at reading the disturbances in the time-field and tracking down the culprits before it happens!"

Arha and Liam have a good understanding of the ship's magical tools already, and both will discover through the Sonic-invoker a magical insert inside the White Drow, in addition to charm/compulsion, the small metal device also contains a powerful glyph. This is discovered sonically when Shrike talks of interrogating the prisoner. Currently the White Drow is magically confined in the ship's brig region. {It is reinforced with anti-magic and high tech defenses and containment fields.}

Pouch items to be announced...
    All are exquisite, and richly made, making the magical trinkets worth even more.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug frowns as he looks to Merie. "That's twice now I've heard someone mention this Void. Who or what are they?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

The talk of the void perks up Olrik's interest.

"A highly advanced bunch of wizards and stuff who will some day likely hold the whole world under their thumb from what I have seen. They have technology far greater than our own and great magical devices the size of towers. Also I believe that their mind control technology is far advanced. Their ships are just as flammable as ours though and they look something like this..."

Opening up his bag Olrik pulls out an old white robe that he then puts on. He then proceeds to pull out a holy symbol that he puts over the mask of his suit. Anyone he knows it will know it as the symbol of the void.

"Would having a void priest in our retinue help infiltrating the island or hinder it captain?"

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Liam will go to Ilanee and Shrike and inform them of the magical insert in the white drow containing the compulsion charm and the unknown glyph. For anyone who knows Liam, the fact he doesn't know what the glyph is... is unusual in itself. He intuits that it might be some kind of death effect aimed at the white drow herself if it is removed, possibly even targeting others nearby.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike looks quite concerned at learning of the discovery. "...so, if there is a compulsion effect...I assume it's working on her? That it could be responsible for, well, what she's done? And that it's booby-trapped." She frowns, and sighs, running a hand through her hair. Looking worried, and a bit lost.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

Liam nods, "Who knows how long it has been in there... the compulsion might have been on her so long that it has permanantly affected her behavior - even if it is removed. I can try doing a dispel... or it might be removed surgically in the anti-magic field."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

13. - Top - End - #373
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Illanee

Illanee wrinkles her pretty nose. "I don't know how to remove it, but I believe it can be done." Raven had told her of a similar device, but how is was removed he didn't say. Maybe it was in his memoir, but she hadn't read it yet.

"I think Raven's dealt with something similar. He hasn't been answering my Sendings, but I'll try him again. Merely due to distance, I hope. But I'll try him again."
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

"There is one other thing that troubles me - who did this and why?" Shrike points out. "Why go to such trouble, and why not do it themselves?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp

Why not do what themselves? Assassinate people and risk their own necks in doing so? You jest, right? She is the perfect person to do this job, especially with you three here. It's this exact reaction they were betting on. But even if you didn't wish to save her life, it'd be no problem for her employer, because she's nothing to them but a tool. An object to be cast aside when no longer useful. And if I were you, I'd take a good look at that future son of yours. He has my Calli-sense tingling.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Default Void and the Insert

Merie will make only minor corrections to what Olrik said on the Void. "Surprisingly, they are no wizards. They are priests and follow a dark god on the hidden 10th plane of Hell, uncovered by their unholy pharaoh. In fact, until recently, the Void burned wizards at the stake, including ancestors of mine.... Their tech, as well as all the other infernal machinations they have, were 'gifted' to them recently by the plane-traveling illithids. The Void have leaned upon psionics instead of wizardry, and using the tech, have made themselves a fearful opponent, I am sure Olrik would attest to that too!"

When Olrik dresses as a Void priest she is surprised, and adds, "Just don't get too friendly with any you meet, likely they'll report you to high command, and already my wizards are trying to distract other Void priests from your tail." She is a little amused at Olrik's costume, and thinks it might work as a cover. "The ogre-magi only really deal with the Voidites in trade, and they too have felt the Void wrath against the arcane in their past. And the ogre-magi memory and history is much longer than the humans."

On the Insert:

Ship's analysis confirms Liam solution that a dispel might work. If it fails though, the analysis says the evocation-glyph might go off in a harmful way. Anti-Magic Field might work, this take a lot of ship power to create in a usable space.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Liam looks at Calli and sighs. "So, our payment for helping to free your friend from unbearable slavery at the risk of our own lives is to have you constantly push for the death of our friend's daughter and throw your suspiscions on our son. I'm starting to question why we're here at all."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Default On the Mission

Merie smirks at Liam, "You know why your here, and I think it has to do with those pointy earned Northern type folks in your neck of the woods." She says in perfect gnomish.

OOC- Only Liam speaks this 'lost' language, and Merie will playfully wink at Shrike when she prounces the deep-throated language.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2010-08-14 at 12:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp

Calli opens her mouth in dismay. I am not pushing for the death of your friend's daughter. I hope that you can find a way to save her, if she truly wishes to be saved.

But I also understand Arha's point of view. For if it'd been Allie this woman killed, in cold blood, while she slept, you would have to kill me to keep her alive.

And I know that you think that preferable, and to be honest, so would I. Without Allie, I wouldn't wish to live, even if I did kill...... whatever her name is.
    she points to the white drow.

As to your son, I just find it oddly suspicious he appears on this ship, during this time. He may be innocent, or he could be a well trained imposter, like Salli was. But Salli didn't have to be extremely good, because that wizard kept her hidden from the rest of us.

Where's your son right now? How much have you talked to him? Since he's "from the future", how well do you think you would know him?

I've been gone from my parents for a couple of years now, raped, tortured, used, and then finally trained to be a thief. Do you think they'd recognize me from the young girl who played happily in the fields?

How has he proved to you that he is what he says he is? Or is his word good enough? If that's the case, I have a confession as well, mom, dad.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Olrik smiles playfully.

"Wizards getting burned at the stake and Psions in charge? I almost wonder wether I picked the wrong side in all of this."

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Liam takes a deep breath. "Look, perhps tht came out a bit harshly from me, but we cared a great deal for Sabriel - if this is her daughter, we want to do all we can for her, and yes... Shrike and I have spent enough time with our alleged son to have a strong feeling that he is genuine. I have doubts about you being our daughter though... since we haven't had one yet." He smiles, "Then again... perhaps the possibility is enough for me to get my wife back in bed again soon so that we can try." He winks.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

"You know.... there is more than one way to bend a person to your will. Any cunning man would use as many of these methods as they could to ensure that in the case of one of their holds failing another would keep the slave still bound to their will. Magical and Psionic domination, strong as it may be, is the least subtle of these methods. Bribery and blackmail are powerful tools so you cannot be certain that this drow will be loyal to you even if you do fix her thinker. And then of course there is the art of pain. Correctly adminsitered a body can be made to do anything, the mind left as a tattered mockery of what it once was... willing to serve those who have shown it cruelty if only because of the promise that helping will relieve the pain. Tell me Liam? If you find her damaged what will you do then? Would you show her the kind mercy of death or would you look for a cure, leaving her however long it took for you to find one?"

Olrik adjusts the cowl of the white robes in preperation, toying with his clothes as he speaks trying to replicate the manner of the voidites.

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug frowns as he glances towards the door behind which the White Drow is imprisoned. "I will not let Sabriel's daughter die until everything has been tried to save her. We will save her. I will save her."

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Arha

Arha has been listening quietly this entire time. She's leaning up against a wall, watching everyone's body language as she actively listens to what and how they say it.

"So, we have differing opinions. Obviously I'm not going to just walk in and stab her to death. And you're not going to be able to do much right now with Alli still held captive. Alli is the reason we're here and maybe we should question the white drow now and leave the complicated stuff til we're done getting Alli out. Then we should have plenty of time as we quickly leave this vile place."
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

Shrike chuckles softly at Liam's comment, giving his arm a squeeze. "I think you don't need that excuse, love," she says with a smirk, before falling quiet once more as the debate rages.

At Arha's suggestion, though, she nods. "I agree. As much as I'd like to set her free now, a complicated and dangerous procedure such as that would probably be best advised to wait until we rescue the Captain."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Default Freeing the White Drow

Merie smirks at Olrik, about the Void"I'm sure they'd love you."

The plan is not so complex, and using the ship's powers can neutralize the insert within the White Drow. It will be removed without a problem. She will appear weaker with it removed, but no more co-operative. Her eyes will change to green, like a wood elf. But, she continues to curse in drow, swearing upon the power of Lolth to destroy 'all who dwell upon this ship, and their ancestors!'

Merie will have the insert taken away and destroyed, unless anyone wants to keep it. Though it is being handled with a sonic-vice.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2010-08-14 at 11:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug will frequently visit the White Drow, telling her who he is and how he knows her mother. He tries to tell her about what a good person Sabriel is, how courageous and kind she is. He ignores her insults (most probably because he doesn't understand drow). He will try asking questions of her; not probing questions, but just general questions about her name, what she likes, what she knows of her mother, things like that.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Arha

Once the so called white drow is free of her implant and all she seems to do is curse anyone who comes near and the ship. Arha loses interest in her and returns to her daily routine. She'll occasionally check on her to make sure she hasn't escaped, but that is the extent of her interest at this time.

Otherwise, her days are spent studying her spellbook and getting ready for the mission ahead of them.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

Hearing the curses continue even after the implant is removed, Shrike stands and watches, worried...and her eyes tearing up. Oh, Sabriel...I'm so, so sorry...

Finally, when she gets the opportunty to, she asks the 'White Drow' one, simple question.

"Why?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Default To the Isle?

The mentally scarred wood elf will be frightened when she understands fully who Bruug is. She will fear him more than anyone, and after her initial insults, will scream to all and anyone, actually speaking normal elfin-tongue: "Kill it before the transformation!! Kill it!! It is the cause of all the Doom!!" When Bruug talks of Sabriel, Sariel looks at him like he is crazy.
    She is clearly a little 'disturbed', much to Shrike's dismay. She is very brainwashed. Arha and Calli might consider her guilty as charged: At what point do her actions count against her?

Sariel will speak to Shrike, but only in the elfin tongue {without Bruug around, though he could be in the observatory room}. "Only the drow cared for me. They sold me revenge, and sent me here." She speaks to Shrike, but wants to kill her with her eyes.

On to the Mission:

Merie can see that sorting through the White Drow mess might take some time. She is eager to get the group teleported closer to the island. Percy the bard and Zhako the artist will keep a close eye on the prisoner, and do their best to heal her psyche. The White Drow will be under arrest, and confined to the brig until further notice. All of her items and clothing are removed, and she is given a 'neutered' blue jumpsuit-base of the crew to wear, with no pockets or buckles, or even the small red insignia that is Allie's sign.

When all are ready, Merie will have Percy hit the teleport switch in the 'transporter room', and send you on your way.

{OOC- Hope that took care of the White Drow for the moment...}
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2010-08-16 at 03:18 PM.