New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Willow-Mistt Adventures

Tuesday, 13th of April

07:12 AM

It's far, far too early for any sane child to be up. And yet, practically the entire school is already awake, because witches are not, strictly speaking, particularly sane by mortal standards. Plus, if you get up too late you have to make do without breakfast, and performing magic on an empty stomach is never fun.

Today is Tuesday, of course, so everyone is a little more energetic than on Monday - but as it's Tuesday, basically everyone is dreading first period - two hours stuck in the same classroom! Tuesdays and Thursdays suck.

Today is a day like any other, really. Nothing particularly exciting going on - a new notice has been posted notifying the student body that they're hosting a soccer game against Chiron Academy, but that's hardly news. They play each other at least four times a year.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Willow-Mistt Adventures

Margaret

The little girl was sitting in front of her vanity desk, brushing her hair.

"Today will be a good day. Today will be a good day. Today will be a good day."
    she mutters every few brushes.

She gets dressed and does a double-check of the her supplies (Books, wand, other books, hairclips) and prepares to leave.

"Bye, Tony Shalbear. Bye, Rowan Bearkinson. Bye, John Bearrowman. Bye, Paul Bearanasio. Bye, Punny McLonggag."

She then blows the plushies a kiss and leaves. She double-checks that her door is locked, then heads over to the cafeteria.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Rhiannon

Ria is still in bed, wishing she could sleep in. After a moment, she realizes that it is Tuesday, meaning that she has curses, not potions, as her first class. She smiles and pokes Jinx, "Hey, wake up. Wake up if you want breakfast." The huge tomcat's eyes open a slit and he sits up in the bed.

Ria crawls out of bed and quickly pulls on her clothes and runs a comb through her hair. She grabs her school supplies, picks up Jinx, and walks towards the cafeteria.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lloyd

Lloyd slowly opens his eyes, and quickly shuts them again, blinded a little by the light. He rolls over, facing away from the window and slowly opens his eyes. Once he's got used to the light, getting out of bed is easy, and Lloyd throws the covers off with such zeal that he rolls onto the floor. Slipping reluctantly out of his pyjamas and putting his school uniform on, Lloyd looks in the mirror, checking that his short dark hair is at least sticking up in random directions neatly. After wrestling with a particularly unco-operative tuft of hair for a minute and a half, Lloyd gives up and begins to get things ready for the day. Once he notices that he's going to miss breakfast, he stops getting things ready and starts to dash to the cafeteria, wondering which books he'll be missing and if it was really worth forgetting them just to have something to eat. By the time he reaches the cafeteria, he is strongly in favour of never remembering his books again.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-05-11 at 04:22 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mia

An energetic little girl ran around her room, rushing to ready herself. Rather ineffectively, at that. She was go through her morning routine without magic, and found it surprisingly difficult. Without being able to speed up time, clean herself magically, and float objects to her, Mia was taking a lot more time than normal to prepare herself. This was the first time she was trying this without magic entirely. She wanted to try this in case she needed to spend time around mundanes, but didn't realize how rushed it made her. Finally getting everything together, she rushed out the door and ran to the cafeteria, exhausting herself before the day even began.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    K'thzt Zytrael- Retired- Mind Flayer Madness II
    Saless Morin- Retired- When Swords Crash
    Kekan Edjak- Retired- The Banolin Chronicles
    Vol Kaerstorm- Retired- Kreados
    Hammond Smith- The Game
    RN77-L3- Scum and Villainy

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Bobby

Unlike most of the other kids, one boy in particular looked forwards to Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not only were some of his favorite classes on those days, but there was also Equestrian Training later in the day. And so, Bobby McKillik was up even earlier than he had to be, and spent that extra time with his Starsilver, his pony.

When it was time, he bade farewell to his familiar, and headed to the cafeteria to get something to eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBoundFencer
    NOBODY POST I AM HUGGING AN INFERNAL

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

This school doesn't really have many students, but it's also not designed to have many students. The cafeteria only has around half the student body in it at the moment, but the tables are nearly all full already. One assumes the other half of the student body has already eaten, or is taking breakfast somewhere else. It's only dinner that's required to be taken here, after all.

The five children find themselves in the cafeteria at the same time - and there's a single table left with five seats left unfilled. Convenient!

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #8

Lloyd

Upon entering the cafeteria, Lloyd immediately notices that his favourite table is taken, and in fact, so are most of the others. He walks towards the one free empty table and takes a seat.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Margaret

Margaret places her bowl of cereal on the table and hops onto her chair. She then starts eating, trying not to look directly at the other people at her table.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mia

Mia stumbles over to the open table, exhausted, and sits down, gasping for air in an exaggerated manner. "Hi... Lloyd... Marg'ret... Morning..."
    Last edited by Eternal Kanus; 2010-05-12 at 09:39 PM.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Bobby

"Hey Lloyd." Bobby said, as he took a seat at the table and began to eat. The energy what Bobby had was in stark contrast the the lethargy of pretty much everyone else at the table, but he didn't seem to notice. It was, after all, how things usually went.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Margaret

"I am called Maggie, Mimi. Please don't use my true name, mommy told me it should never be spoken out loud."

Margaret knew that only her parents knew her true name, she had three secret middle names after all, but she was overly cautious whenever anyone said anything even close to it. Margaret didn't know her friend's name, however, but insisted on using a close approximation anyway.

"How come you aren't eating anything yet? They have Lucky Charms!"
    she says before shoving a spoonful of marbits in her mouth.

OOC:
    What are the rules on true names?
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2010-05-12 at 09:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

13. - Top - End - #13

Rhiannon

Ria comes over to the table, juggling school supplies, cereal for herself, and a bowl of milk for Jinx. She gets everything to the table safely and sits down to eat, looking curiously at Mia's display of exhaustion.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mia

"Right... sorry... Maggie..." Mia slowly gets up, walking off before returning with a bowl of cereal, smiling widely, no longer acting exhausted. "Hi Ria! Hi Bobby!"
    Last edited by Eternal Kanus; 2010-05-12 at 09:39 PM.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game

15. - Top - End - #15

Lloyd

"Hi everyone." says Lloyd, starting to eat his cereal with a plastic spoon, which he takes from his pocket. "Bobby, we didn't have any mentalism homework did we? 'm sure we had to do something."
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-05-13 at 02:11 AM.
    BANG → !

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

[OOC: Rules for true names? Well... In order to cast a spell on someone you can't see you have to say their name. So I guess that?]

The cafeteria is quite noisy, even with only about thirty children in it. So noisy, in fact, it's rather hard to hear the "Pssst!" from under the table, near Lloyd's feet. "Pssst!"

Anyone ducking under the table to see what was making that sound may be surprised to find... What looks like a stuffed bunny. It has blue 'fur', with a white belly, and large brown eyes that seem to be made of glass... It's looking up at Lloyd (or at least at Lloyd's knees), trying to get his attention!

17. - Top - End - #17

Lloyd

Lloyd feels something brush against his legs. At first, he thinks it's Jinx, but when he looks, Lloyd discovers that it's some sort of toy rabbit. Without thinking, he picks it up and puts it on the table.
    BANG → !

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Bobby

"I think we just had to read the next chapter in our book. And what's that?" Bobby said, as Lloyd lifted something up from beneath the table. It looked like a stuffed rabbit, but it seemed to be alive.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Margaret

"It's a bunny! Hello, little guy! Can I pet you?"

Margaret stands on her chair and leans forward to get a closer look at the stuffed animal.

"You're so cute! I'm going to call you Mr. Fluffy."

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

The bunny seems rather caught off guard as it's lifted up and placed on the table! "Eep!" it squeaks. It opens its mouth to say something else, when Margaret interrupts it. "Huh? U-um... okay?"

The newly-christened Mr. Fluffy pauses for a few seconds, then looks back up to Lloyd. "Um, I've kinda forgotten what I was meant to... o-oh! Mistress sent me to find you! She needs your help!"

Why Lloyd in particular? Who knows.

[OOC: If you want to know what the heck this is, you can roll Cryptozoology if you like.]
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2010-05-14 at 04:32 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Lloyd

"Uh, hi little guy," says Lloyd to the rabbit, "who is this 'mistress' person? Why does she need my help?" He asks, wondering what this creature is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cryptozoology: (1d8)[3]
    BANG → !

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Bobby

Bobby just watched in silence as the stuffed rabbit spoke.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cryptozoology: (1d8)[2]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Margaret

"Yay!"

Margaret leaves her seat and walks around to where the stuffed rabbit is. She then proceeds to start petting it.

I bet he's an emissary from Alice, who wants us to save Wendy from the Wicked Witch of the West! Then we'll have to travel through Narnia and fight Lord Zedd and his putties!

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

24. - Top - End - #24

Rhiannon

Ria rolls her eyes at Margaret's latest comment, but looks curiously at the rabbit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cryptozoology: (1d4+2)[6]
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

'Mr. Fluffy' half-closes his eyes and leans in against Margaret's petting. One of his legs begins to thump against the table, although as it's made of felt and plush it isn't very loud. He seems lost in the pettings for a while, before snapping out of it. "U-um. So, yes. My Mistress needs your help! Will you help her? I'm not allowed to say what she wants..."

Ria
    Spoiler
    Show
    This creature seems to be some sort of numina - probably an Imaginary, because Guardians usually don't come in that size.

26. - Top - End - #26

Rhiannon

Ria picks Jinx up and sets him on her lap so that he can see the bunny, too. "Who is your mistress? Does she go to school here?" Ria asks, looking interested.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Margaret

"So cute!"

"Of course we'll help you! As soon as you tell us what we're supposed to do. And what your boss is called. And you tell an adult where we're going."
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2010-05-15 at 12:02 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mia

Mia had been staring, enraptured, at the fuzzy creature. "C'mon, Maggie, we can trust Mr. Fluffy!" Turning and shaking its hand-equivalent, Mia smiles widely. "I'll help you and your mistress!"
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game

29. - Top - End - #29

Lloyd

"Mr. Fluffy, how are we supposed to know if we can help you if we don't know what we have to do?" asks Lloyd.
    BANG → !

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

The bunny looks somewhat flustered by all the attention! It's obvious it's not used to having so many people around at the same time... "U-um... Mistress said not to say if people can listen! Can we go outside?" It pauses. "Oh! It won't take long, Mistress doesn't want you to, like, travel to the four corners of the planet and collect mystical gems or whatever..."