New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Again, this discussion started when you told KD that the Kido Corp's conception of Kido is the dominant one. The only reason I was concerned was because it didn't agree with my concept of the 4th. I don't really care what you do with the categorizations. That's your deal, and you can do what you wish with it.

The 4th is free to teach its members Healing Kido as it wishes, and to develop it as it feels necessary. In the process, consulting with the Kido Corp and the 12th would be a matter of course.
    And I don't think that should be held in question. Its what they do. Its what they teach. The Kido Corp are the main teachers of Kido, its operations, its theory and its over all interaction with itself, the user and the world around them. I don't think anyone can argue against that. But in the same turn, I never said the Mythology, mystic aspects and the religious side was dominant. Because frankly there is no way it could be. Its not even dominant in the Kido Corp, thats plainly spelled out.

The Healing Arts may not be entangled in the wide mystic world of Kido. The Kido Corp are not fully equiped to say how Kido #21: Callous Removing Wind Strike interacts with the digits on your toes or fingers. Nor was it ever stated they weren't free to make their own or teach it to others. I'm never saying that again. If its not clear by now....tough.

And, frankly, its not my perogitive to set the full extent of Kido. This is a community game. Any Kido made by a player has already been added to a catalogue. Each time a new one pops up, its going on said word doc unless its brand spanking and shiney new.

Its also not my perogitive to write how other characters view Kido. What my place is, is to create a -standard- view of theories. Which I have done and if FF and Callos are any indication, I have done well by it. If Shinigami #22 says "This De stuff is crap, why even bother naming these spells?! Kido 47 Egg Frying Pan Dance of Furies!!" its their deal. But I stress (And this was -ALL- that I was asking) was that the fluff I have worked so hard to make organic, workable within itself and outside itself to not be ignored. I don't think thats to much to ask. Every Shinigami thats gone through training has been taught by a member of the Kido Corp. Or a Shinigami liceasened to teach for the Kido Corp.

That means, the theories that they expose (dosn't matter if people agree or disagree) are taught to everyone. Where they end up after general classes is their deal. If they end up in the healing class, then bam. 4th takes over. No more crazy loonies shouting about centering your groin chakra with your brow chakra and thrusting with your navel chakra to created a ring of energy.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-05-27 at 06:52 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    11th. Fighters.

Not farmers.

@^: Okay, what? Isn't that 4th's job, if anyone's?
    The 11th is constantly in need of medicine. When Himura rose to power, she decided they should always have a supply ready. Thus, when they've got nothing else to do, 11th divisioners... farm. And dance.

"I'd say something, but I was jailed century and a half too early to know the words."

Anyways, it's good the issue is being resolved. ^_^ (Again, I advocate seeing Corps as kind of a school: people go there to learn Kido. Gotei is their work place; it's where people put what they learned into use. 12th is that ramshackle collection of crackpot scientists whose job it is to question all they learned in school, so they'll catch and iron out the bumps in basic theories.)
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Quick question. It's been established by canon that the only ways to become a captain is to A) be appointed as one or B) defeat the current captain.

What happens if a Captain is defeated but not killed? And specifically, if he's defeated but declines Vice-captaincy, assuming that's where he'd end?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Quick question. It's been established by canon that the only ways to become a captain is to A) be appointed as one or B) defeat the current captain.

What happens if a Captain is defeated but not killed? And specifically, if he's defeated but declines Vice-captaincy, assuming that's where he'd end?
    This is currently being voted on by the Central 5. Not only the second part. But if the first part is in fact how things work.
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I dunno, at least I tend to be flattered when people engage in wild speculation about my characters. It's also fun if someone else manages to nail the behaviour head on, as it means other people besides me can get into the head of said characters. (Hi, Kraz!) It only becomes irksome when such speculation is presented as a fact, or the original creator isn't given a chance to correct mistaken conclusions.
    This is more of what I was thinking and less what I actually wrote down (Also, I was asking if that would be in character for Hannibal). Sorry this is a bit far back but anyway, I thought I'd address it real quick.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She looks great. There absolutely has to be a scene where a lovesick Shinigami mixes her up with Yuuki Miyagawa. Also, she made me think of this song.

Since she's nearly the same age as Yamamoto Sayuri, maybe they were in the academy at the same time? I welcome you to the flashback to flesh that out.

About 9th and Recon: to me, it seems 2nd is more espionage style of thing, and is responsible for covertly studying areas or spying enemies. They don't really do the other kind of recon, which is running across an unknown area, seeing if there's anything worth of killing there, preparing the area for others troops, and then phoning them "all right, you can come now".

In all out war, 9th could be the division that goes right before and right behind the 11th, alerting them to sudden enemy encounters, and then securing the area 11th has rummaged through from leftover enemies, paving way for those of the 7th to come and establish temporary fortifications. Yes, this is all very modern military stuff, but it's a start.
    Glad to have your critique. I realize that the entry wasn't entirely coherent, and I'm grateful you read through it anyway.

Truth be told, her release command was from one line in a song by Paramore and then it took off from there.

The coincidences between Sayuri and Kiku are interesting indeed. I can see them being friends even in the academy. I could see Kiku teasing Sayuri about her captaincy, despite her lacking swordsmanship.

That whole scouting deal though... barring the event of an all-out war, I can't think of anything else they would do. Even in an all-out war, the ninjas and 6th division might be able to do that instead. But also, scouting out the mortal world (and giving orders) is already a function of the 13th division. I suppose its a start, but I'm not sure it can work without stepping on the toes of the other divisions. So, still open to suggestions.

I think I'm also going to tweak her shikai a bit, because it seems a little useless right now.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    This is more of what I was thinking and less what I actually wrote down (Also, I was asking if that would be in character for Hannibal). Sorry this is a bit far back but anyway, I thought I'd address it real quick.

Glad to have your critique. I realize that the entry wasn't entirely coherent, and I'm grateful you read through it anyway.

Truth be told, her release command was from one line in a song by Paramore and then it took off from there.

The coincidences between Sayuri and Kiku are interesting indeed. I can see them being friends even in the academy. I could see Kiku teasing Sayuri about her captaincy, despite her lacking swordsmanship.

That whole scouting deal though... barring the event of an all-out war, I can't think of anything else they would do. Even in an all-out war, the ninjas and 6th division might be able to do that instead. But also, scouting out the mortal world (and giving orders) is already a function of the 13th division. I suppose its a start, but I'm not sure it can work without stepping on the toes of the other divisions. So, still open to suggestions.

I think I'm also going to tweak her shikai a bit, because it seems a little useless right now.
    How long ago was she transfered from the Kido Corp?
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #127

Good question, it would be around the time that she became captain, which I'm going to pick the random number of 60 years ago. That does make her a fairly young captain, but the Kido Commander himself is younger. I also never intended for her to actually be better at kido than Takeshi, if that is ever going to be an issue. Maybe at the same level in terms of kido proficiency, but I don't want to overshadow him.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Halfling in the Playground

All right, based on the advice given, here's my revised draft of Katarina. I've PMed Free Hand and decided that Katarina will be Pan's fraccion.

Katarina Giugovaz, Arrancar #16, Fraccion to Pan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 5'6''
    Weight: 124lbs.
    Hair: Dark Gray
    Eyes: Brown
    Mask Fragment: Earrings
    Hollow Hole: Below the Waist
    Reiatsu/Speech Colour: Indigo
    Aspect of Death: Childbirth

Appearance: Katarina's appearance is much softer and more fragile than that of most arrancar. Her skin is smooth and very pale. Her hair is dark gray and is always fresh, silky, and sweet-smelling. Her eyes are milk-chocolate brown and almost always seem sad. Katarina's facial expression rarely strays too far from looking either sad or shy. An exception is in the presence of her master. The remnant of her hollow mask is a pair of swirling silvery-white earrings.

Katarina's arrancar uniform is made up of very loose and flowing white cloth, that seems like scarves. Her shirt consists of two white gauzy scarves crossed in a x-shaped formation over her chest and wrap around her neck.She has two white elbow-length gloves that cut off at the wrist. Her skirt starts as a scarf wrapped around her waist, and under this flows a loose white ankle-length skirt. Katarina usually walks around barefooted.

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: Katarina is a very shy figure and rarely speaks or makes eye contact with any other arrancar. She will speak to Von Geister and Queen Reene, but is always shy and reserved when she does so. She is very obedient and will obey orders without question. She is much kinder and acts like a mother towards her master because he looks like a child. The sight of younger arrancar makes her sad, because she died giving birth and desperately wishes for a child to call her own.

History: Katarina died giving birth, and her regret for not being able to have a child was so great that she became a hollow soon after death. Katarina has forced all memories of her life except for her child out of her mind, because it pains her too much to think about it. She was an adjuchas-class menos when she became an arrancar, and has served Pan loyally ever since and regards him as the son she never had.

Zanpakuto: Unicornio Triste (Sad Unicorn)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sealed Form: Unicornio Triste's sealed form is a small silver blade that seems to be a type of wakizashi. Katarina keeps this blade hidden under one of the may layers of her scarf skirt, and it is not visible.

Resurrecion: "Cry, Unicornio Triste."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon release, Katarina's legs disappear and she becomes a centaur with a dark black unicorn's body, complete with four legs and a long flyaway gray tail. In addition to this, Katarina's hair becomes tied up closer to her head to allow her to see better, and her shirt changes to a regular black shirt instead of two scarves.

Spoiler
    Show

General Abilities:

Close Comabt Skill: Poor. When/if Katarina has to fight, she fights long-range. In truth, her close combat skill is rather poor, as a result of her shy nature

Hierro: Moderate. Works well against spiritual attacks but has little power in protecting against direct physical attacks.

Sonido: Fast. During release, and going in a straight line, her speeds can sometimes match that of her master. However, the extra horse hooves do not help with precision turns.

Garganta: Poor. Katarina's skills with the garganta are so inadequate that she needs someone else to open it for her.

Pesquisa: Formidable. Katarina is able to sense reiatsu easily around her, but people walking can sometimes slip through it undetected.

Cero and Bala: Formidable. Katarina can fire multiple ceros (one from each of her front hooves) and the speed of her balas is rapid and continuous. However, these attacks are a little less powerful than others and seem to focus more on speed as supposed to strength.

Resurrecion Abilities:

Protection From Behind: Katarina can use her keen pesquisa skills in combination with her back hooves in order to kick and fend off attacks coming from behind her.

Force Field: Katarina can project a force field which blocks attacks such as kido, hado, or bakudo. She can create the force field in a translucent white sphere around herself which can block attacks for 10-30 seconds, depending on the power of the attack.

Possible Connections:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Her master

• Other fraccion

• Most arrancar

NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

9. - Top - End - #129

Good question, it would be around the time that she became captain, which I'm going to pick the random number of 60 years ago. That does make her a fairly young captain, but the Kido Commander himself is younger. I also never intended for her to actually be better at kido than Takeshi, if that is ever going to be an issue. Maybe at the same level in terms of kido proficiency, but I don't want to overshadow him.
    Naw, that wasn't the worry. I was just wondering how many of these people Takeshi would actually even know about.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-05-27 at 07:36 PM.
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, I have an idea or two.

We know that 12th performs scans on the Mortal World.

13th patrols...for Hollows and souls that need Soul Burial.

Look at 8th's entry here. Notice the "Strategic Cartography" section.

One major thing they could do in peacetime is go to areas scanned by 12th and specifically note features of the terrain. This data is then compiled by the 8th into a larger picture.

Having the 9th on the ground can give a "hands-on" perspective of the goings-on in that area.

Maybe they also try to take note of larger patterns of Hollow movements in various areas. Perhaps they try to track the more canny Hollows, while 13th works to actually stop them.

Things like that.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

As Kido Corps is technically a different organization from Gotei, wouldn't it be more logical if she spent some time serving as a seated officer before being promoted to captain? Say, if she left 60 years ago, she might have spent 30 as an officer, 20 as a VC and 10 as a captain, for example.

12. - Top - End - #132

I was also thinking that she would be an officer in the Gotei for a short-lived period then transfer to the Kido Corps. Although, even with that time in the Gotei, you're right, she should have to work her way up. I'd like for her to have some reputation as a captain, though. Maybe more like 25 working her way up to VC then 5 as VC, and 30 as captain?

@KD: Hmm. Yeah, alright, If no one objects, I'll work off of that. They'd be like scouts and data collectors.

13. - Top - End - #133

As Kido Corps is technically a different organization from Gotei, wouldn't it be more logical if she spent some time serving as a seated officer before being promoted to captain? Say, if she left 60 years ago, she might have spent 30 as an officer, 20 as a VC and 10 as a captain, for example.
    And you to FF. How long ago did Sayuri transfer from the Kido Corp to the 1st Division? Her write up is missing its history.

An even better question for those who were in the Kido Corp. Where did they serve in said Group?
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    All right, based on the advice given, here's my revised draft of Katarina. I've PMed Free Hand and decided that Katarina will be Pan's fraccion.

Katarina Giugovaz, Arrancar #16, Fraccion to Pan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 5'6''
    Weight: 124lbs.
    Hair: Dark Gray
    Eyes: Brown
    Mask Fragment: Earrings
    Hollow Hole: Below the Waist
    Reiatsu/Speech Colour: Indigo
    Aspect of Death: Childbirth

Appearance: Katarina's appearance is much softer and more fragile than that of most arrancar. Her skin is smooth and very pale. Her hair is dark gray and is always fresh, silky, and sweet-smelling. Her eyes are milk-chocolate brown and almost always seem sad. Katarina's facial expression rarely strays too far from looking either sad or shy. An exception is in the presence of her master. The remnant of her hollow mask is a pair of swirling silvery-white earrings.

Katarina's arrancar uniform is made up of very loose and flowing white cloth, that seems like scarves. Her shirt consists of two white gauzy scarves crossed in a x-shaped formation over her chest and wrap around her neck.She has two white elbow-length gloves that cut off at the wrist. Her skirt starts as a scarf wrapped around her waist, and under this flows a loose white ankle-length skirt. Katarina usually walks around barefooted.

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: Katarina is a very shy figure and rarely speaks or makes eye contact with any other arrancar. She will speak to Von Geister and Queen Reene, but is always shy and reserved when she does so. She is very obedient and will obey orders without question. She is much kinder and acts like a mother towards her master because he looks like a child. The sight of younger arrancar makes her sad, because she died giving birth and desperately wishes for a child to call her own.

History: Katarina died giving birth, and her regret for not being able to have a child was so great that she became a hollow soon after death. Katarina has forced all memories of her life except for her child out of her mind, because it pains her too much to think about it. She was an adjuchas-class menos when she became an arrancar, and has served Pan loyally ever since and regards him as the son she never had.

Zanpakuto: Unicornio Triste (Sad Unicorn)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sealed Form: Unicornio Triste's sealed form is a small silver blade that seems to be a type of wakizashi. Katarina keeps this blade hidden under one of the may layers of her scarf skirt, and it is not visible.

Resurrecion: "Cry, Unicornio Triste."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon release, Katarina's legs disappear and she becomes a centaur with a dark black unicorn's body, complete with four legs and a long flyaway gray tail. In addition to this, Katarina's hair becomes tied up closer to her head to allow her to see better, and her shirt changes to a regular black shirt instead of two scarves.

Spoiler
    Show

General Abilities:

Close Comabt Skill: Poor. When/if Katarina has to fight, she fights long-range. In truth, her close combat skill is rather poor, as a result of her shy nature

Hierro: Moderate. Works well against spiritual attacks but has little power in protecting against direct physical attacks.

Sonido: Fast. During release, and going in a straight line, her speeds can sometimes match that of her master. However, the extra horse hooves do not help with precision turns.

Garganta: Poor. Katarina's skills with the garganta are so inadequate that she needs someone else to open it for her.

Pesquisa: Formidable. Katarina is able to sense reiatsu easily around her, but people walking can sometimes slip through it undetected.

Cero and Bala: Formidable. Katarina can fire multiple ceros (one from each of her front hooves) and the speed of her balas is rapid and continuous. However, these attacks are a little less powerful than others and seem to focus more on speed as supposed to strength.

Resurrecion Abilities:

Protection From Behind: Katarina can use her keen pesquisa skills in combination with her back hooves in order to kick and fend off attacks coming from behind her.

Force Field: Katarina can project a force field which blocks attacks such as kido, hado, or bakudo. She can create the force field in a translucent white sphere around herself which can block attacks for 10-30 seconds, depending on the power of the attack.

Possible Connections:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Her master

• Other fraccion

• Most arrancar

Protection from behind sounds... Uh. Weird*, and is hardly an ability. I don't think it really needs mentioning.

Also, I would have expected... I don't know. A horn. As is you have centaur nailed down but hardly unicorn. I think.

* Mind in the gutter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    And you to FF. How long ago did Sayuri transfer from the Kido Corp to the 1st Division? Her write up is missing its history.

An even better question for those who were in the Kido Corp. Where did they serve in said Group?
    As it is, Sayuri transferred along the same time Kiku did. I've yet to wrap my head around the cell structure, so I can't give my answer there, but presumably it was the same or neighbouring unit to where Kiku was.

16. - Top - End - #136

As it is, Sayuri transferred along the same time Kiku did. I've yet to wrap my head around the cell structure, so I can't give my answer there, but presumably it was the same or neighbouring unit to where Kiku was.
    As it stands, a Cell is similar to a Division, but is a little looser in command structure in so far as individual power is concerned. Seated officers all have Shikai. Senior officers may have shikai, but its rare. Junior members don't have shikai, unless its a very special case. The other cells vary, but no member of a Cell outside the core unit is capable of Bankai.

The Core Units (Of which there are 8) has a single leading Seated Officer. Six Cells have 4 senior members, while the other two have 6. Senior members are akin to other high seated members, having free reign to study and do as they please in so far as duties are concerned. There are 17 Junior members in each cell. Each Junior member acts as more or less the grunts of the Division, and are equal to unseated members of the Gotei.

The other cells are looser still. The Grounds Keepers are actually comprable to Senior Members, answering to the Vice Commander or Kido Commander himself.

The Librarians are a fairly even 1:5 split in authority, while the Jar Carriers are a 1:10 split in terms of rank.

As it stands, I feel the Kido Corp could increase in men and perhaps take on some mundane tasks not yet seen taken by the Gotei. This isn't a complaint, but a point of question if it would be possible to pick up other such jobs, even perhaps splitting them between the Ninja Force and the Kido Corp.

The Gotei 13
    Main Army of Soul Society
    Main Hospital of Soul Society
    Over sees the cleaning of Soul Society
    Oversees the detention of Criminals
    Main builders in Soul Society

Not sure what else there really is. The regular souls do the farming. So no real need to divert the main part of that. But perhaps one of the other two branchs could over see trade between Soul Society and the outer regions?(probably not the Kido Corp).
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-05-27 at 08:23 PM.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Uh...I think with 6th being the "Training and Reinforcement Division", we have all Divisions covered, duty wise.

Somebody keeping better track of this, feel free to correct me, but, here's what we've got:

1st Division: Administration, Field Command
    2nd Division: Stealth, Assasination, ? (Moon Wolf, you should probably give things a look now that you've seen what everyone else is doing)
    3rd Division: Execution of Seireitei Criminals
    4th Division: Healing, Groundskeeping, Supplies
    5th Division: Communication (Hell Butterflies, Reiphone Network, Physical Messengers)
    6th Division: Training, Reinforcement, Rehabilitation
    7th Division: Construction, Fortification
    8th Division: Strategy (Multiple flavors)
    9th Division: Recon?
    10th Division: Police, Prison Management
    11th Division: Shock Troops, Physical Combat
    12th Division: SCIENCE!
    13th Division: Mortal World Patrols (Konso and Hollow fighting)
    Kido Corps: KIDO!

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Not sure what else there really is. The regular souls do the farming. So no real need to divert the main part of that. But perhaps one of the other two branchs could over see trade between Soul Society and the outer regions?(probably not the Kido Corp).
    Wouldn't that be the 1st's job with its "administrative duties"?

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Uh...I think with 6th being the "Training and Reinforcement Division", we have all Divisions covered, duty wise.

Somebody keeping better track of this, feel free to correct me, but, here's what we've got:

1st Division: Administration, Field Command
    2nd Division: Stealth, Assasination, ? (Moon Wolf, you should probably give things a look now that you've seen what everyone else is doing)
    3rd Division: Execution of Seireitei Criminals
    4th Division: Healing, Groundskeeping, Supplies
    5th Division: Communication (Hell Butterflies, Reiphone Network, Physical Messengers)
    6th Division: Training, Reinforcement, Rehabilitation
    7th Division: Construction, Fortification
    8th Division: Strategy (Multiple flavors)
    9th Division: Recon?
    10th Division: Police, Prison Management
    11th Division: Shock Troops, Physical Combat
    12th Division: SCIENCE!
    13th Division: Mortal World Patrols (Konso and Hollow fighting)
    Kido Corps: KIDO!
    I didn't just mean the specific duties. I meant the Gotei as a whole are the main body of Soul Society. But there are things they don't actually do. And the Gotei is regardless, the main body of the Soul Society Army. One Division alone literaly has 4 times as many people as the Kido Corp. They also have tasks that relate only to the Gotei (such the 6th being extra training, the whole 1st Divison, Reinforcment) but at the same time. They have plenty of things that over lap into Soul Society (more then you'd imgaine).

Again. This isn't a complaint, or even an issue. Their the biggest, they should get said positions because they have men and women to spare. But there are gaps. Yes, they probably won't come into play, but the question is. Do the other two groups have room to add duties on that relate and impact Soul Society more then what they are presently set at.

Wouldn't that be the 1st's job with its "administrative duties"?
    It could yes. But I thought it was more admin duties for the Gotei, not Soul Society. I thought that stuff was done by the Central
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-05-27 at 08:38 PM.
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, here's another thing:

Wouldn't 13th be the biggest Division? I'm just asking your opinions, because I'm considering bumping the size up so it is.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-27 at 08:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #141

Hm...as a final revision to Katarina, perhaps I should just make her a horse instead of a centaur (I couldn't find a picture with a horn).

As for the 2nd Division, I was revising the duties of the 5 units of the Omnitsukido, since I figured that'd be a big part. Originally it was:

Unit 1: Executive Militia
    Unit 2: Patrol Corps
    Unit 3: Detention Unit
    Unit 4: Security Unit
    Unit 5: Reversal Counter-Force

However, after discussing with tgva, a few units seemed to be a little too intermeshed with other divisions. Units 1, 4, and 5 I think should be okay to keep, but I'll work on re-inventing duties for Units 2 and 3. I'll expand on each unit's duties once I have new purposes for Units 2 and 3.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm...kind of confused on what needs to be done for Soul Society at large. Beyond the Central 46 giving out various laws.

I thought people were pushing for the Gotei and related groups to be kind of "hands-off" with the rest of Soul Society?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hm...as a final revision to Katarina, perhaps I should just make her a horse instead of a centaur (I couldn't find a picture with a horn).

As for the 2nd Division, I was revising the duties of the 5 units of the Omnitsukido, since I figured that'd be a big part. Originally it was:

Unit 2: Patrol Corps
    Unit 3: Detention Unit
    Unit 5: Reversal Counter-Force

However, after discussing with tgva, a few units seemed to be a little too intermeshed with other divisions. Units 1, 4, and 5 I think should be okay to keep, but I'll work on re-inventing duties for Units 2 and 3. I'll expand on each unit's duties once I have new purposes for Units 2 and 3.
    Well, the "Reversal Counter Force" seems to be messengers, in canon.

Which would kind of fall under 5th Division.

"Security Unit"...Bleach Wiki has no listed duty, so I'm not sure what you're envisioning here.

Edit: Actually...I'd ask you to repost it, but I suppose I'll just wait for your revision on the greater whole.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-05-27 at 08:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

*coughs*

Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #145

Whoa, whoa, hold your horses, Berry.

I'd have to re-colour the entire thing, and that takes a looong time.

@KnightD: I know, that's why it fell under one of the 'scrapped' units. It might be an odd concept at first, but that's because I'm in the rough stages of fleshing out the different subdivisions of the Omnitsukido...perhaps...something like this?

Unit 2: Intel Unit
    Unit 3: Reconnaissance Unit
    Unit 5: Assassination Unit

Brief summary:

Unit 1: They give orders and go through and process and manage the other units' duties.

Unit 2: Process data collected on enemies and places given by Unit 3.

Unit 3: Completes reconnaissance missions and gathers intel on enemies.

Unit 4: Underground ninja security.

Unit 5: The name pretty much sums it up; they assassinate people.

Better?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

How does Unit 3 compare with 9th Division's duties?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Security Unit sounds like something you would have stealthly keeping guard of nobles and other VIPs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Did we solve the 4th vs. Kido Corp. debate already? At some point I stopped reading it because it felt like neither side was really getting across what they wanted to say.

The "Underground Security" of the Security Unit sounds a bit like the 10th's Undercover Operations. Perhaps the Security Unit is more attached to specific people? 10th would not provide troops to protect specific people unless those people were their own Captain or someone in their custody, most likely.

I think you should think of the Omnitsukido as a separate arm of the Soul Society government, because that's what it's supposed to be. So it should do things more related to events outside of Gotei 13. It just so happens that a Captain is the leader.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Actually, here's another thing:

Wouldn't 13th be the biggest Division? I'm just asking your opinions, because I'm considering bumping the size up so it is.
    Nah, I think the 4th and 6th would be. They have a much higher percentage of those who aren't able to use Shikai. Members of the 13th would probably be more highly trained then the average janitor, after all.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I think you should think of the Omnitsukido as a separate arm of the Soul Society government, because that's what it's supposed to be. So it should do things more related to events outside of Gotei 13. It just so happens that a Captain is the leader.
    Yes we got the kido thing taken care of.

I also don't think a Captain should be in charge of a Division and a whole seperate organization.
    My Current Works