New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Paladin Academy: A Playground Inspired Story

Anyways, could eveyone please post where I might have made mistakes in stories and the proper way to correct them when I get on next? I like to perfect the stories.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Hey, guys, just got accepted. If this is the In-Character thread, send me a link to the Out-of-Character thread. Yes, I'll be a Paladin. Now, do my backup powers need to be 3rd Edition?))
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Listen, this isn't a play by post game, its a story. We are far less strict about such things. There are no class levels, editions, or D20s. Just a good imagination and a very skilled writer.

I suggest you read through the whole story and decide what you want your ability to be based on. Besides that, just have fun.

To Silver..

YOUR BACK!! Great work as usual, Ive been dying to read the academy again.

*is ready to duel Grim Ranger*

V-It was an honest mistake.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2010-06-28 at 07:09 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Pally Elendro View Post
    ((Hey, guys, just got accepted. If this is the In-Character thread, send me a link to the Out-of-Character thread. Yes, I'll be a Paladin. Now, do my backup powers need to be 3rd Edition?))
    ... This is the Art & Crafts thread... Why do you think everything is D&D? You even think totally different universes that are both FFRP and also have no similarities to the DnD world have anything in common with DnD.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, so miss Viola is a full-fledged paladin now, eh? Quite awesome.
    Welcome back, Silverraptor.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

6. - Top - End - #66

Yup! I'm a real paladin now!

Also, Grim's back. It should be exciting after this!
    (I kid. I know it's exciting after this.

SilverRaptor's right, though. I hate being the center of attention. (Although, somehow, I don't have a problem with playing in a concert.)
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Well, usually it is going to be exiting when one guy squares off against entire order of paladins

And Viola is a real paladin now! Yay! Will be fun fighting against her and Nil

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

I'll go first!
    FirefireFIREFIREFIIIIIREEEEE! 8D
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

don't forget Rabbit though! she has trained to such perfection that she might be able to put up a good fight against Grim.

and hmmm........I think I have an idea.....yes this thread gives me an idea.....

ok tell me what you think of this idea:
    I post a thread where I tell a story
    in this thread however, there are some main character slots
    and people sign up for main character slots see? but instead of the person playing the characters like a DnD game, I write about the characters submitted.
    essentially, it is a different form cooperative storytelling- I come up with the setting, but you guys come up with the character, then I write about the characters in the setting and you tell me whether I got the characters accurate or not.

it would be like this thread, but a more refined version. what do you think?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

It's entirely possible he stopped by for a cup of tea and a scone, right?
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    don't forget Rabbit though! she has trained to such perfection that she might be able to put up a good fight against Grim.

and hmmm........I think I have an idea.....yes this thread gives me an idea.....

ok tell me what you think of this idea:
    and people sign up for main character slots see? but instead of the person playing the characters like a DnD game, I write about the characters submitted.
    essentially, it is a different form cooperative storytelling- I come up with the setting, but you guys come up with the character, then I write about the characters in the setting and you tell me whether I got the characters accurate or not.

it would be like this thread, but a more refined version. what do you think?
    I personally like that idea. It is more interactive and allows the readers to connect deeper, although that would be much harder for you.

Spoiler
    Show
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

It's a good idea, but listen to me, I've done it before.
    Only do people you know well, and don't do too many of them.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #73

I can only find one problem with it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

This thread shouldn't become a sign-up thread, because that would be off-topic because that's not what this thread was created for. Also, it would detract from SilverRaptor's story. Pertaining to your story, if the sign-ups were in this thread then nobody new would sign up because they wouldn't think of looking in a thread about another story to sign up.

Some alternatives would be: make two threads, one sign-ups and one the story thread (I would advise against this, because then one thread will fall off the page due to inactivity); in the made thread say "PM Sign-ups" or something similar (Better, but some people just don't want to go to the effort of writing a PM); or to have the sign-ups inside the story thread. (It'll fall to that one anyway as the thread gets longer, because some people might not read the entire thread before posting and wanting to sign up).

So you can see clearly which one I suggest, however you can choose for yourself. Just try not to make this story thread go off topic.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Je dit Viola View Post
    I can only find one problem with it:

This thread shouldn't become a sign-up thread, because that would be off-topic because that's not what this thread was created for. Also, it would detract from SilverRaptor's story. Pertaining to your story, if the sign-ups were in this thread then nobody new would sign up because they wouldn't think of looking in a thread about another story to sign up.

Some alternatives would be: make two threads, one sign-ups and one the story thread (I would advise against this, because then one thread will fall off the page due to inactivity); in the made thread say "PM Sign-ups" or something similar (Better, but some people just don't want to go to the effort of writing a PM); or to have the sign-ups inside the story thread. (It'll fall to that one anyway as the thread gets longer, because some people might not read the entire thread before posting and wanting to sign up).

So you can see clearly which one I suggest, however you can choose for yourself. Just try not to make this story thread go off topic.
    I wasn't trying to make this thread that way, your just suggesting what I already suggested: making a new thread for my idea.

@ Saint: well yea, its supposed to be a challenge for the writer to accurately portray characters, that is the entire point of what I said.

@ Lix: then what would be the point of the challenge? If you know the person well, what challenge is there in trying to portray them?

anyways I'll stop derailing now, I'll make a new thread for my idea ok?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin Academy: Part 18
    -Cast-
    Grim
    Viola
    Kurama
    Rabbit
    Mordokai

Spoiler
    Show
    The group was all silent and apprehensive. Nervously holding their weapons in the direction of Grim. Grim however quickly lost his cocky smile in exchange for a more annoyed expression.
    "What? I knock down the front door, make a threat, and yet no one wants to try and stop me?"
    More silence after these words. Grim sighs and looks down for a second.
    "Alright, fine."
    A dark mist quickly gathers around his hand and submerges it.
    "Then I'll go first then!"
    He holds up his hand and several sharp needle like projectiles shoot out from the mist. The objects were just as dark and black as the mist it came from. The needles themselves buried themselves inside several of the paladins, causing them to collape from pain. The needles disappeared on impact.

Almost instantly, the group broke and charged at Grim with their weapons drawn. Grim regained the same cocky expression as the group got closer.
    "Now that's what I'm talking about."
    He reaches behind him and pulls out a two handed sword. He then swings it around once before taking a stance against the oncoming paladins.

The battle with quickly turning into confusion. The only sure thing was that Grim wasn't losing. He was dodging and blocking every blow directed at him with ease, all the while taunting each individual person by name at how they failed at what they were doing. The giant two handed sword was used effectively, slashing every failed paladin and causing them to fall to the ground. Several flashes of powers were seen in the confusion, but it was obvious that they were just as ineffective as everything else.

Viola, Kurama, and Penny hadn't joined in the initial charge and were standing where they were. However, the path that Grim chose ultimately drew them into the combat. Penny had tried to jump down on Grim who casually knocked her aside where she hit her head and passed out. A couple other paladins were cut down before Grim turned and was facing Viola. Fear had gripped her as his large sword was swinging around towards her. In her panic, she forgot everything that she was suppose to be doing. Suddenly, she felt herself being tackled to the ground. The next moment, Kurama was on top of her and Grim was moving on to other paladins.

She could hear both of them breathing heavily as the sound of combat echoed elsewhere. She looked up at Kurama.
    "I'm sorry...I panicked. I couldn't remember anything."

Kurama nodded.
    "Yeah, I sort of guessed that."
    Suddenly, his face winced in pain. He rolled off of her and was gripping his side. A large cut from Grim's sword was gushing out a large amount of blood.

Viola's face turned white upon seeing it.
    "Oh my gosh! Are you alright?!"

Kurama's hand was pressed against the wound tightly, but blood continued to come out.
    "Help me find a way to stop the bleeding! Hurry!"
    Viola got up and ran over to several training dummies. She ripped up several piece of cloth and hurried back to Kurama. The cloth stained red quickly, but it seemed he was out of the immediate danger.
    "Heh. That was close one. Right Viola?"

Viola looked down at the injured Kurama. Tears started leaking from her eyes as freely as the blood had been. She was completely useless in this battle. Worse than useless, since Kurama had to worry about protecting her and got himself injured trying to do so. It seemed she was just a failure after all.
    "I'm sorry... I don't know why I'm even here. I shouldn't even be a p-paladin."

Kurama gripped her by the arm with his other hand.
    "Viola! Stop talking like that! My partner is not a quitter, understand? Everyone makes mistakes, and this time is no exception. I too made a mistake because I hesitated in my reaction as well. That's how he cut me."

Viola just shook off his explanation, still crying.
    "No, Kurama! I really shouldn't belong here. This is the second time faced with real combat and the second time I needed to be protected by my partner."
    She hung her head ashamed.
    "I'm...I'm no good."

"Viola..."
    Kurama just looked up at her with an unreadable look. Viola quickly looked up from it to see what was happening.

Most of the paladin's were down, save for some elite few who were actually putting up quite a fight. One of them resembled a cross mix with a lizard and large leathery wings were sprouted from his back. Large claws had replaced his hands and he was using them to try and carve Grim's face.
    "Okay, no one tries to touch the face, pseudo-dragon! Besides, you'er not the only one with claws!"
    Grim half stepped back and the same cloud of dark black mist solidified around his hand in the shape of a large claw, which he swung at his attacker, knocking him over. Then Grim reached over to a spear rack nearby and thrust a spear each into each one of the paladin's wings, pinning him to the ground.
    "Now stay down, Jesse. Just because you can partially transform into a dragon doesn't mean you are the same thing."

An angry Rabbit lunged at him.
    "And you don't have the right to determine if your better than us!"

Grim parried the blow.
    "Actually I can, considering that none of you can touch me."
    He then swung his sword at her which she dodged gracefully. The two lasted the longest against each other, neither side getting the better of the other. Rabbit did some truly miraculous things with a sword that no one could even dream of doing. An expression of annoyance quickly grew on to Grim's face.
    "Alright, screw this."
    He held up has palm and a blast of darkness hit Rabbit in the stomach and knocked her into a wall.

Grim sighed and began to walk through the carnage. He stepped over Bis who he blinded with his darkness to cut off his ability.
    "A pity Nil isn't here. I would've enjoyed a nice spar with him as well."

"You call this sparring, Grim?"
    Mordokai was standing several floors above, looking down at the battlefield. Viola never saw Mordokai look so angry as he looked down at Grim.

Grim however smiled all the more greater.
    "No. I would call this merely a warm up for something even better. Oh, don't worry. I didn't strike any fatal spots, for two main reasons.
    He looked around at all the paladins.
    One, striking a non-fatal spot is a lot harder to do with a sword. So naturally I excel at doing it. Two, I want them all to witness as how their great mentor dies at my feet today."

Mordokai's face darkened.
    "What happened to you Grim?"

Grim raised an eyebrow.
    "Oh, nothing really. I only just found out that the paladin code is flawed. It is only for your ideals which limit all the rest of us from advancing further."
    Grim's own face dropped the smile and glared at Mordokai venomously.
    "Which you set up purposely so you could remain in power over the paladins!"

Mordokai leapt down from several stories to the ground. On his way down, light shone underneath him like a platform, slowing his descent to the ground. Once he landed, he stares into Grim's eyes.
    "I've done no such thing, Grim. I have always put everyone's' needs above my own."

Grim suddenly let out a mad laugh.
    "Oh really? You have always cared for *Our* needs? Well then how come when I left, I became stronger in just a few days than the entire time I spent rotting away in this fortress?! How come *I* managed to finally unlock my crystal's true power when I did things my own way!"

An expression of shock appeared on Mordokai's face.
    "You... You have...?!"

Grim held up both his arms.
    "Of course! And I accomplished it in complete absence of all your paladin codes and honor. All that just held me back from my power."
    He dropped his arms and stared at Mordokai darkly once again.
    "Your ways of teaching are flawed, Mordokai. And I am here to fix that. When I kill you, I shall command the paladins under my rule and really heighten everyone's power to a level you could never dream of."

Mordokai sighed sadly and grasped the hilt of his sword.
    "I didn't want to have to do this, but I guess you leave me with no choice but to fight you Grim."

Viola watched as both men stood straight, facing each other. The swords were held high as two different aura's surrounded each of them. Mordokai was surrounding himself in an aura of light while Grim was being surrounded in an aura of see-through darkness.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-21 at 12:49 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

So ya, I give the next part. Enjoy.

17. - Top - End - #77

Default Re: Paladin Academy:This'll likely be my last post in this thread, because of leaving

A new one! There's a bunch of fighting, which is cool, and Jesse turns into a part-dragon! That's cool.

Only problems I could find were associated with the apostrophe ('). Plural Paladin should be "Paladins" (plural) rather than what's being used "Paladin's" (possessive).

It's good and fun!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

*is blinded*

Great story.
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

19. - Top - End - #79

YES! Moar please!

Amazing work on the fight scenes Silver.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Yes! Grim is kicking ass, and it is just as awesome as I thought it would be

I am looking towards next chapter eagerly! Then the main even should begin

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Yes! Grim is kicking ass, and it is just as awesome as I thought it would be

I am looking towards next chapter eagerly! Then the main even should begin
    Well then, I guess I can update the next part now then. Also, we need to let Mordokai know about this since he's about to fight Grim.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin Academy: Part 19
    -Cast-
    Grim
    Mordokai
    Viola
    Kurama

Spoiler
    Show
    The sun shone downward at the two men. A hushed silence had spread over the area except for the low moan from an injured paladin. Grim's face was showing an apprehension that rivaled no other in existence. A wild happy look was on his face.
    "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this Mordokai."

Mordokai was looking at Grim with pity.
    "Then your wait has been wasted."

The two stood still for a moment more, and then suddenly they each held up their hand in a flash and fired a blast at each other. Light and darkness collided, pulsing outward. The distribution of the forces hadn't settled before sword was locked against sword as the two battered away at each other.

The amount of skill both commanded was incredible. Both used their own power as much as they used their sword. The battle was perfectly even between the two. Then just as suddenly as it started, the two jumped back away from each other and took a stance.
    "You haven't changed a bit. The fight is just as exhilarating as I expected it to be."

Mordokai nodded.
    "Indeed. It appears I can't hold back at all."
    Mordokai then held his sword up to his face sort of like a prayer. Around him, light bended until it took a decorative design over his suit of armor.

Grim could barely keep himself from laughing.
    "Oh yes! The armor of light! One of your unique abilities! I'm proud to say that I have taken that idea to heart as well."
    Grim looked down and was clenching his free hand. Around him, a dark black mist surrounded him similar to Mordokai's armor. He looked up at Mordokai.
    "You might as well give up. I know all your tricks and took them for my own."
    Mordokai's answer was a charge and the two men were fighting again.

Viola was watching in awe.
    "This is... I don't..."

Kurama nodded.
    "Yeah I know. It's on a whole different level. I haven't seen anything like it myself."

Viola looked down at Kurama. The blood on the cloth looked like it was drying pretty fast, so Kurama was definitely out of danger.
    "How could I ever compete against Grim then? I could never do that."

"Yes, you will be able to, Viola. Beating yourself up will get you no where. We all start on the bottom but we always will become better as time moves on."

Viola looked up uncertainly to the fight again.
    "I don't know..."

Mordokai was flown back into a wall. Yet rose up as if nothing happened. Grim's armor was going wild with unknown power. The dark design was flickering violently back and forth. The same grin was on his face.
    "Give it up, Mordokai. My armor is stronger. I spent a week in complete darkness, absorbing it all to obtain this level of power. Even fighting in the daylight, your less than me now."
    Mordokai leapt up into the air, the light platform appearing underneath him again. He floated above Grim calculating. He then held his arm up in the air and light bended into the shape of a spear. He then flung his arm down and the spear launched itself at Grim with incredible speed. A large black clawed hand materizied from the ground in an instant and caught it. It then squeezed and the spear shattered into shards of light that quickly dissolved into nothingness.
    "You'll have to do better than that!"

Mordokai made a series of hand movements and dozens of spears of light appeared.
    "Alright then. How about we try these out, with a twist."
    Mordokai then launches another spear separately and Grim's hand caught it again. But this time, the spear broke into 6 different pieces, freeing themselves from the hand of darkness and shot down at Grim in shards. Each shard was a color of the rainbow. However, the shards hit against the dark hand as it seemed to move around in time to block them Grim was no longer smiling.

"Interesting maneuver, Mordokai. I didn't anticipate that. But you should have done it all at once. Now I'm ready for it."

"I would like to see that. I've been slowing the spears down, but now I'll send them at their regular speed."

In less than a blink of an eye, the spears flew through the air in an instant. Viola was sure that no one could stop the shards of the rainbow with their incredible speed. However, her eyes registered that each colored shard hadn't penetrated Grim's darkness armor.
    "You don't get it, do you Mordokai? You can't beat me with speed, that only makes your power weak. I should know, I managed to get to your level of speed."

This was certainly unwelcome news to Mordokai.
    "How could you have possibly achieved the speed of light?"

Grim threw up his shoulders.
    "Isn't it obvious? When light leaves a spot, what instantly rushes to take it's place?"
    Mordokai was silent.
    "Darkness. When light leaves, darkness takes it's place just as fast. Darkness moves just as fast as light, Mordokai. You can't deny it."
    Lines appeared on Mordokai's forehead.
    "You've never used your spear ability on a person, have you? At those speeds, they would barely prick the skin. You'd do more damage giving them an acupuncture. I should know, the test subject didn't even realized what had happened. You'll probably be pleased that he got away."
    Grim sighed.
    "Don't you see Mordokai? You've become stagnant in your power, not pushing it farther. Not like what I have done."

Grim held out his hand in front of him, palm up. Dark clouds started swirling around it into a violent storm of darkness.
    "I think it's time now for my ultimate technique."
    The cloud grew larger and larger until it collapsed on itself. In it's place was a smooth sphere of darkness. Around the edges, everything seemed to bend towards it. Grim smiled darkly.
    "Now it's time for..."
    He held his arm back in a manner to throw it.
    "...Dark Crusher."

Grim tossed the orb into the air at Mordokai. Mordokai barely managed to dodge it in mid air. Suddenly, the orb exploded into 20 times it's size, wind rushing towards it violently. Mordokai was struggling as it was trying to pull him in. The light platform had flown into it and disappeared. Mordokai conjured up a screen of light between him and the orb, but it didn't last long.

Fortunately, the orb shrunk quickly into nothingness and Mordokai fell to the ground. He managed to slow his decent by bending some light around him, but he still hit the ground hard. Grim was still smiling.
    "Powerful, isn't it? It's like a mini dark hole that eats everything around it. Remember Blue telling us about that?"

Viola had twitched a step towards the fight before catching herself. She felt a want to protect Mordokai for a second there. The voice had spoke out in her mind. She placed her hands on her head and shut her eyes. It was suicide. There was nothing she could do against Grim. She looked back up.

Mordokai had gotten to his feet, panting. He held out his own palm and light started shining brightly in it.
    "Oh! You want to play Mordokai? See which one of our moves is stronger?"
    Grim held his palm out again and the clouds began forming in it.

"I didn't want to have to do this to you Grim. But this needs to end now!"

The light in his palm shone brightly with a white center and many colors circling around it. Grim's clouds had collapsed into the black orb again. Both of them moved their arms back simultaneously. And then...

"Sun Buster!"

"Dark Crusher!"

The two orbs shot forth at each other, colliding in the exact center between the two of them. The orb of light exploded into a flash of light, releasing a large amount of energy. But the energy was quickly sucked into the black hole that Grim had created before it too disappeared. Mordokai collapsed to the floor, panting heavily.

Slowly, Grim walked forward.
    "Using all that power, it's a real burden, isn't it?"
    Viola watched with fear.
    "And now you're mine, Mordokai. Once you're slain, I just have to kill all the paladins here and start over anew with the crystals down below. A new order of paladin shall rise."
    He raised his sword above his head, ready to swing it down.

Viola clenched her sword in her hand.
    Kurama cried out in shock and terror.
    "Viola! No!"

Grim smile widened, savoring the sight.
    "Goodbye, Mordokai."

A flash of a blade and a cry of pain was heard throughout the area. Grim staggered back, clutching his left arm where a huge gash had appeared on it. Viola was now standing between him and Mordokai, glaring at Grim with a merciless gaze. Viola herself was shocked with what she had done. She didn't even register telling herself to do that, it was as if her body just did it on her own. The paladin's call was screaming in her head with an angelic command that couldn't be disobeyed by anyone.

Grim glared up at her with distaste. He spat on the ground and spoke with venom in his voice.
    "I thought I'd gotten all of you, but I guessed I missed one. I don't recognize you, though. Who are you?"

Viola was surprised to find herself calling out in such a cool and determined voice.
    "My name's Viola. And I'm here to stop you right here and now."

Grim stood up straighter, his hand leaving the gash on his arm.
    "Viola... Viola... Doesn't ring a bell. I guess you must have been one of the newer collection since I left. No matter though."
    Some of Viola's shock was leaked through to her face at what was happening before her eyes. The dark mist was collecting over Grim's wound and healing it quickly. Afterwards, the armor itself was repaired.
    "Nice, isn't it? I'm unique this way, Viola. This is my passive ability in addition to the active one I've been using. Any wound is healed no matter how serious."
    He took a battle stance with his sword in front of him.
    "You think you could take me, well I'm giving you a chance. Lets start this fight now, foolish Viola."
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-21 at 01:05 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

These fight scenes have been awesome so far. ^_^

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
    These fight scenes have been awesome so far. ^_^
    What's funny is that it seems like an anime style of fight when I picture it in my head.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    What's funny is that it seems like an anime style of fight when I picture it in my head.
    I noticed that too. Hell, Viola's about to start a fight with the pupil turned evil (who she has the same sort of power as) of her master while still learning how to use her own power.

Can't get more shonenish than that, short of only one of the other paladins knowing how to cook.
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2010-07-03 at 03:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Anime style fights are nothing to be ashamed of.

Anyway, great to see the epic battle going on like that. Thoroughly looking forward to the next issue, as well as thinking up new ways to use my power(and have a;ready developed a few)

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Anime style fights are nothing to be ashamed of.

Anyway, great to see the epic battle going on like that. Thoroughly looking forward to the next issue, as well as thinking up new ways to use my power(and have a;ready developed a few)
    Sounds good.

And that goes for everyone. If you think of a really cool way to use your power, pm me so I may take it into consideration. I may just add it into the story.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin Academy: Part 20
    -Cast-
    Grim
    Viola

Spoiler
    Show
    Viola stood still for a moment. Staring at Grim's cocky grin.
    "You hesitate? Well I don't blame you for that. I am pretty scary if I don't say so myself. Well fine, I'll begin then."

Grim charged at Viola, swinging the large double handed blade over his head. Instinctively, Viola made to reflect the blow. She could feel the warmth and the blade humming faintly as the swords collided. Viola nearly buckled at the strength behind his blow, but managed to hang on. Grim's face however changed from his smile to a grimace. Along his arms, the black mist was collecting over them. The two were locked into this for several seconds before Grim pulled his sword back, panting. He looked down at his hand as the mist faded away.

"Ow! That stung quite a bit."
    He looks up at her.
    "That's an interesting little power you got there, but I can heal that pain quite well. So it's not going to get you anywhere."

Viola tightened her grip on her sword.
    "We'll see about that."
    Again, she was suprised at how she was acting. It was as if a stranger had taken over her body and she was watching from the sidelines.

Grim charged again throwing a flurry of blows which she blocked and parried. Mist would form around his arms the moment their blades touched, reassuring her that the power was still active. After a while, Grim stood back.
    "Your fighting style suggests it was Rabbit that trained you. Who knew that she would train such a disappointment. This must be her first failure."
    Grim then lunged at her, but feinted at the last second. Viola had fallen for it, so she watched in horror as his blade was circling around towards her. She held her free arm up instinctively and felt a warmth spread through it. At the last second, she felt the warmth discharge and a loud "Boom!" erupted from her palm. A pulse of sound pushed both the sword and Grim away a couple feet from her. Both just stood there, startled. Grim blinked.
    "What... was that?"

Viola looked down at her palm.
    "I have no idea, but I'll take it."

Grim reclaimed his stature.
    "I see. You're just playing this out of the ear, aren't you. I like that. Makes you all the more harder to beat. Not even you know what you're going to do next. Such unpredictability, it exciting."
    He held his sword in front of him again.
    "And here I thought this would be a quick, boring fight. Now come, entertain me."

Viola lunged at him which he parried the blow. She then proceeded to swing blow after blow at him.
    "Shut... up!"
    She managed to get around his sword and cut through his armor on his arm again. As Grim reacted to it, she hurried and slashed him across the chest, leaving a gash there as well.

Grim cursed out loud.
    "Dammit! Just because I heal instantly, doesn't mean it doesn't hurt!"
    He looked up at her, his wounds healed.
    "Alright. I've had my fun. But now I think I should end it. I do still have to kill Mordokai after all."
    He held up his hand and dark mist billowed out from it. The mist surrounded both of them until Viola was submerged in complete darkness. She looked around helplessly, trying to see through the darkness. Grim's voice called out mockingly to her.
    "What's wrong? Can't see? Well that's to be expected. Not even Bis could see through this darkness. I, however, can see and you look so pathetic right now."
    She could hear his footsteps all around her, circling like a predator. Viola stopped trying to look around. She knew it was pointless. She instead bowed her head and closed her eyes, focusing.
    "What's wrong? Given up? Oh well, allow me to end your grief then."

Viola could see the faint outline of Grim charge forth from behind her, each step illuminating him. At the last second, she ducked under his sword and twisted around. Closing both hands on her sword, she swung it and felt her sword go through metal and flesh of Grim's left hip. He cried out in pain that illuminated him once again, and Viola quickly swung her sword over her head at him. Grim managed to block it just in time, but the loud sound revealed him much more clearly. Viola attacked him repeatedly until he had no choice but to retreat. Slowly, Viola walked towards where she last saw him run off to.

She heard Grim pant in the distance.
    "How?! How could you possibly see in that darkness?!"

Viola suddenly felt light touching her skin and opened her eyes. She winced as her eyes were half adjusted to being in complete darkness. Looking around, she saw a half sphere of darkness behind her where she had emerged from. She turned to Grim.
    "It may come as a shock to you Grim, but I have a passive ability as well. I can see sound around me, and thus I could see you. Your darkness can't blind me from that."
    Viola was suddenly feeling confident. She was now participating more in what her body was doing and beginning to live it herself.

Grim's face showed a deep hatred.
    "You... have a passive as well as an active? Fine then. I'll definitely kill you first. Starting now!"
    He held up his hand suddenly and the Black sphere behind Viola moved and submerged her in it once more.

Viola blinked in the darkness.
    "What are you doing? You know that this won't wo-"

Suddenly, she felt pressure pushing in on her from all sides. She tried holding up her hands, but to no avail. The darkness was pressing down on her, literally.
    "As I make the darkness more and more solid, the heavier it becomes. Soon, you'll be crushed under it's weight. It's all over!"

Viola reacted instinctively again. Warmth spreading through her entire body, she emitted a high-pitched sound around her as strong as she could. She could feel the difference right away. As the darkness became more solid, the sound affected it more. It traveled through the darkness easier, vibrating it rapidly. As the darkness vibrated, it became less solid, relieving the pressure. Then the darkness would become more solid again against the sound. Both Viola and Grim were locked in this bitter tug of war, neither side making significant ground against the other. Finally, the darkness lifted and Viola collapsed to her knees, exhausted.

Grim was panting a little ways off.
    "Interesting. Very interesting."
    He began to walk around her in a circle, watching her calculating.
    "This is certainly proving to be an interesting fight. But I figure its now time to end this once and for all."
    He stopped and turned towards her. Holding out his hand, the dark clouds began to swarm around it.
    "I think it's time to take out two birds with one stone. Look behind you."
    Viola did and froze.
    "As you can see, Mordokai is helpless behind you, so dodging this attack will do you no good. Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for him?"
    An insane smile spread across his face.
    "Lets find out, shall we."
    The clouds collapsed into the dark sphere again. He held his arm back, ready to throw it.
    "Dark Crusher!"
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-21 at 01:16 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

hey I've been reading the storie for a while. and I was wondering if I could be in it if it dosn't end soon.
    I'll make avatars if any one wants them.
    Cool comic
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traker View Post
    hey I've been reading the storie for a while. and I was wondering if I could be in it if it dosn't end soon.
    Sure. I don't turn anyone away as stated in my first post. Just make sure you post whether or not you want to be a paladin and if you do, please put down 5 different types of powers you want.