New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Godhood IC

1. - Top - End - #271
    Banned

Default Re: Godhood IC

Quote Originally Posted by Mashimoto View Post
    Hrothlar

The God emerges from a shadow. His beard reaches his waist, his sea-blue robes billow about his feet. His lips are deathly thin.

"Feel no obligation to sign the charter, my friend Hodari. However, you must know that even if you have not signed it, breaking its rules will result in swift and decisive justice. Whether you sign this charter or not, peace amongst the gods will be secured by any means necessary."
    Hodari's eyes carried an edge. I do not intend to do any injustice in this world. He took a step towards the bearded god and snarled. If your laws are unjust then i shall not follow them. If they are just then there is no need for me to know them. I am a god of vigilantism, after all. He smirked and flicked his tail, pointing one of his ears towards the sun. My Hodra, Kobolds and Hodran will be protected, whatever i must do.

I expect no protection from this charter, nor do i need it.
    He turned around again and settled his eyes on Hodra. Have a nice millennium.
    Last edited by Kumo; 2010-06-19 at 02:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar

The wizard-God holds his tongue, although he has more than a few things he could say, he knows it is best to keep silent. He would just hope and pray (pray? pray to who?) that this vigilante-god had only peace in his heart.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Banned

Hodari waited a moment, then sighed. I suppose I should also tell you the creations of others have nothing to fear from me until one of you commits injustice in my eyes. He bent his head down. The fastest way to peace is to make sure no one wants to fight. The Hodrans and Kobolds will be the best i can make them on their world, but they will have no desire to leave when they find their powers are weakened - or even gone - elsewhere. Shamans need spirits of their own kind, and warlocks need the spirits to call upon. Both are here, but neither exist in such quantities elsewhere.

Peace be upon you both.
    He said kindly. May your minds remain intact.*

--------

*The only way to corrupt a god is to either have them start that way or drive them insane. To us it would be something like 'May you live forever'

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar

Hrothlar smiles on this addition, and nods. Good he thinks, perhaps there is a chance for eternal peace in the kingdom of Gods.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Halfling in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reloark

Remaining silent while the other gods bantered, He finally said something when both became silent.

Like Hrothlar said, it is your choice. Seeing as there´s no other reason for me to remain here, I won´t continue to bother you. I bid you farewell.

Saying this He turns and travels back to Peres, deep in thought.

Already there are two I have to keep an eye on. Such disrespect. Time will tell what their true intentions are

6. - Top - End - #276

Seln sat in his fortress, eating some mold. Once he finished, he got up and walked to door to the rest of the fortress. He had waited long enough! He flew down the huge corridor, passing hundreds of doors, and stepped into a part of the fortress that had been intended to store a barracks at some point. He then began work furiously, with the doors locked in this section. Yes, Yes, this would do nicely...

Spoiler
    Show
    Act One-Four: Secret . Cleared it with Sir of course.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar
    After the Battle of Doondra...
    On Gade...

The last remnants of the Doondra savages are being wiped from the face of the map, and for the first time in the history of the planet, every tribe, people, and nation of an entire continent are united beneath the crimson banner of King Draco the Wise. With the assistance of mighty dragons and stout mountain dwarves, peace and civility has been bred. Truly, on Gade, the golden age of the Trinity of Palandril (man, dwarves, and dragons) has begun.

Hrothlar smiles on this achievement, and blesses the Trinity with knowledge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Act One: Bestow Intelligence +1
    Act Two: Bestow Intelligence +2

King Draco The Wise gathers his forces, and sets his eyes on the neighboring continent. Advances in seafaring make the voyage possible, and he intends to unite the world in everlasting peace.

Spoiler
    Show
    King Draco the Wise prepares a continental Invasion

In the Imperial City of Palandril, King Yoric Stonecutter of the Dwarves oversees the integration of Dwarven Kind and Humanity. Much progress is being made, and total harmony between the races is fast coming. The quality of the city itself has vastly improved since Yoric's comiing, with many storied-stone apartment blocks and great pillared libraries marking an integration of human and dwarven styles. As the sun sets, Yoric views the distant mountains with watery eyes. He longs for the comfort of their sheer titanic bulk. He is inspired by this, and immediately begins plotting out a great monument to mark the great city.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yoric Stonecutter begins constructing the Citidel of Palandril a massive structure at the heart of the city, which will be a fortress, palace, prison, observatory, arcane sanctum, and public library open to all citizens of Palandril.
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-19 at 08:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

Ringen tapped his steel clad fingers on his on his obsidian throne, he was staring at Maxim in a magma flow. It seemed to be spawning a new hellish race of highly advanced warriors. Their god must be extremely bright if he or she could help inspire them to these new ideas, his people couldn't achieve that level of ingenuity in a gods lifetime. This had him worried, he would need to start becoming more involved in teaching his people the art of not combat, but war. He was going to make sure that nobody was going to beat the race specifically made for fighting at war. As concerning as all this was, he was paying most attention to the auras of the demigods of the planet. He had seen one in combat and it seemed fearsome to say the very least, it had ripped its opponent to shreds. Killing something made of pure metal that never tired would be on par with dueling himself, it would be extremely hard to destroy. He decided that he would forge the most fearsome warrior this universe had ever seen in order to stay in the power loop. It needed to be even harder to destroy then one of those ungodly machinations. But this raised the question... what was harder than metal? Surely there must be something he could make it out of that would outlast even a metallic opponent. He looked at the diamond decorating the handle of his hammer and got an idea.

The leader of the strongest Volk nation, Ringen's champion if you will, was carrying the strangest command The Mighty One had ever given to his people. He was currently commanding a large group of soldiers that were hauling roughly 700 tons of high quality coal up the volcano fortress of his god. This was confusing because why would his Lord need coal? The Mighty One could forge weapons in lava, he didn't need mortal's tinder. Then again immortals worked in mysterious ways, it was not his place to question them. When he and his troops finally, and after much heavy pulling, reached the maw of the volcano they unpacked the coal on a large out cropping and left it. After this they started the long trek back down the volcano. All except for the champion, he knew he must stay. Awhile The Mighty One's metal form surfaced and then stepped out the volcanos brim, he looked down upon his champion and said

You hath done well o' champion of my people. But I require one final task from you, you should think of it as a blessing.

What do you require of me m'lord?

I need you to become my new, improved, champion.

But Mighty One, I am already the strongest of my people. I have proven myself with trials of fire and combat. Must I prove myself to you again?

No, that is not what I intend. I am going to forge you a new body, one of diamond instead of flesh.

The champions orange pupils dilated in a mixture of honor, fear, and confusion. He was honored by this proposal, but being turned into a diamond avatar of destruction wasn't something you did everyday. He agreed to the proposal and prepared for whatever would come next. Ringen motioned to the huge mound of coal, it then started to shake and rumble ominously. Eventually it became airborne and floated above the champion who didn't even flinch, champions of warrior races usually don't even have the ability to. Suddenly, as if some invisible trap door had been opened, the coal crashed down upon the mortal with a loud crash. The coal sat motionless for a minute or two, then began to shake again. Instead of floating this time it started to form into a roughly humanoid figure that was 200 feet tall. Eventually the coal settled into this giant that seemed to have ember veins and eyes. It looked down upon the lip of the volcano and stepped in. As it slowly sank it almost seemed to light on fire from the coal. Eventually all that was left was a bubbling pool of lava.

Over the next years the forges of the Volk glowed hot as war was wrought throughout the world. It was not war of endless death and destruction, it was a war of conservation. The Volk were becoming stronger and more skilled at combat by the spurring of their god. These wars would not cripple them, far from it, it would train them for future battles that were meant to destroy entire peoples.

Spoiler
    Show
    Act 1-2: Creating demigod
    Act 3-4: Improving the Volk
    Last edited by Jman1906; 2010-06-22 at 05:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Moarzed looked over his people. Finally, after much time, Queen Minerva had perished. Leonix stood, Fydan at his side, the newly crowned king of the catfolk.
    Fydan, my brother, we have finally ascended to this point. The father smiles upon us this day.
    Now Leonix raised his voice to the gathering.
    Brothers and sisters! Here the words of your king! Tonigt, we feast and make merry! Tomorrow, we prepare to make war on the Daemons in the mountains, the Raposa! FOR MOARZED!
    And the assembly answered the Blessed King's cries with one's of their own, until all the plains of Maxim echoed with their celebration.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Canny Planning Of Divine Manipulation Technique

There is a room in a tower in Metropolis Gallatari that is the current workshop of The Resplendent Blossom Of Divine Artifice. It is from here that the Galvanic Cannons were crafted, the Arc Reactors and the Knightmare Weapons, a thousand wonders of divine artifice that technically don't breach the Treaty, being of mortal crafting. Most are one-of-a-kind, unique artifacts of the Blossom's craft, for like her mother she never returns to a project once it is complete.

A small bird alights on her shoulder, tweeting. The Resplendent Blossom smiles, and she says, "Ah, Twitter. What messages has my mother sent me this time?"

The crown has moved. The king comes to war, Akain falls. March to the trees betwixt viridian shores. Tweet, tweet, tweet..."

"Ah. Excellent." The Resplendent Blossom shooed the avian messenger from her shoulder, then picked up her current project, a brass rod with a glass tip. She pressed down into the indentation on its side, and the glass tip crackled with galvanic energy. "I have done what I can for my people. To serve them in this last will be an honor."

Most Holy Movements Of Military Might

I. And so did Our Daughter Of Science call up the army of sacrifice, and march to the Viridian Marches, beyond the Metropolis Akain.
    II. Messengers she did send, to he who would command the might of the Raposa after her, Revered Adjudicator Of Ages, he who had once been the first king. And he called up armies in stealth, ready for the failure of Our Daughter Of Science.
    III. Our Daughter Of Science was cunning in the ways of subterfuge, tricking both her own people and her enemies, and so she brought neither galvanic cannon nor tezlanic array, and not one of her Thousand Wonders did she bring but the Galvanic Rod Of One Hundred Thunders, for she sought to cow the catfolk in their first engagement.
    IV. Instead, the Thousand Wonders were given unto the Metropoli to be utilized, and the mightiest weapons were made ready unto their defenses. This was the cunning of Our Daughter Of Science.
    V. And so she did harden her heart to what she knew was necessary, for though she had the power-lust common to her people, and she detested what was to come, she knew it would be the greatest act of manipulation possible, and she would be rewarded in all due time by her mother.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Act - Create the Thousand Wonders; items of high technological artifice created by The Resplendent Blossom Of Divine Artifice. More like "technological magic-items" than repeatable, blue-printable items, they have been scattered across the Metropoli.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

11. - Top - End - #281

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reloark

And thus did Reloark reach Peres, using His long walk to think and prepare Himself, for He was about to do greatness. But before He began, He overlooked the planet. A laughter erupted from Him, all had happend as foreseen. The Krelkos had covered each of the four regions and each one gave birth to a variation of His creation, suited for the enviroment.
    In the savannah the largest Krelkos lived, and the fastest. Hunters without peer.The smallest reigned in the marshes and were knowledgable over poisons and the natural traps of the regions. The ones in the mountains grew sturdier, their natural armour harder and their arms stronger. Carving out a realm in the deep mountains they had become good craftsmen. Finally the tribes of the hills had created settlements and had learned to tame the animals int the forests.

Clasping all of His four hands in front of Him, He began channeling His godly might.
    Slowly He pulled His hands outwards and a brown ball of lightning appeared in His palms. In it was the power and knowledge He was about to bestow to His people. He inserted the knowledge how He, Reloark, had created Peres for them, how He created them from the very earth and how He finally placed them unto Peres. Then He inserted the knowledge of the other gods who had signed the carta.
    The just Hrothlar, the fiery Pyric, the ingenius Nova, the wild Moarzed, the dead Seln and the bright Silunus.

The ball of energy grew bigger.

Then He gave the power of the spirit, of the mind. Each Krelkos was to be slightly empowered, giving them the ability to link their minds together, creating a mind that was greater than the sum of it´s parts, but at the cost of the induviduality. And although they could break the link whenever they wanted, a hasty retreat could seriously harm the connected minds.
    Only a few would gain a greater power. The power to dominate others minds, to control earthly materials and other feats.

It continued its growth.

Finally He inserted the laws. The Krelkos were allowed to build shrines and pray to other gods, but He, Reloark, was to stand above all in their praisings. For He was the god that had created them. They were allowed to have slaves, but only if they were stronger than them. Each tribe had to have one Ruler, none more. Finally He gave them the command to fight, so that each tribe should try to defeat and conquer all others in their region. Only the strongest tribes owuld remain and those were to be His servants.

The ball had grown to a size of His body as it finally stopped. A moment passed, then He smashed it between His hands. The energy was dispersed and felll onto Peres, drawn to the Krelkos.

As it reached them, all looked up and fell to their knees, thankful of the gift they had just received.

But He wasn´t finished. Taking parts from His black throne, He crafted a subrace to the Krelkos. A four armed being, made in His Image, with darkend chitin. Stronger, more intelligent and more powerful of mind, those were the leaders of His race and the only beings that could subjugate a link. He threw them onto the planet, so that they would grow from the tribes, being empowered by the areas beings abilitys.

Finally, he was finished

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Act Giving the Krelkos basic psichic powers and the ability to link, and the knowledge of the gods and laws
    1 Act Creation of the subspezies.

And yes, other gods can hear if a Krelkos prays to them. Should make Peres crowdded soon.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar

Hrothlar has placed The Book of the Gods on a golden pedestal and leaves it open for all gods to add to.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

BEHOLD THE WRATH OF MOARZED!

The armies of the catfolk tore into the mountains of the Raposa like a vicious claw of hatred. The new king and his general watched as initial outposts of the Raposa were crushed by catfolk troops and Kiynteyh guardian spirits, aided by the divine castes of the calicos.
    But soon, the armies were bound to meet some object that they could not overcome.
    And that threat was clearest when they met the daughter of the Nova.
    Last edited by Creed; 2010-06-24 at 08:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Banned

Hodari smirked at his world. For the next piece of his plan, he would have to wait and gather strength... but it would be worth it. The Kobolds and Hodrans had something in common: their worship of him, a panther god. They knew of the other gods, as well, but each held him closest to their hearts. He simply had to wait for such faith to give him power...

15. - Top - End - #285
    Banned

Silunus
    My world needs more power,
    he muses, and leaders beyond my sub-gods in case we are invaded. He descends upon Eselen and begot a God-Child with each of his minor gods. 12 in total they were, and it took much power for Silunus to do it. Much. Power. *Silunus has achieved a new domain: Patron of Playas*
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kid, I kid. 12 kids.
    6 acts for 12 kids, leaders of the Eselenians.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry for not posting in so long! I think I'll try to get this running again with some new blood... Writing up flavor for Bertholeum exploding soon.

Hrothlar bestows Intelligence on the people of Gade

Silunus uses mass amounts of Divine Power to beget twelve children.

Reloark Gave the Krelkos basic psichic powers and the ability to link, and the knowledge of the gods and laws
    Reloark Created of the subspecies of the Kreklos.

Create the Thousand Wonders; items of high technological artifice created by The Resplendent Blossom Of Divine Artifice. More like "technological magic-items" than repeatable, blue-printable items, they have been scattered across the Metropoli.

Ringen Created a demigod called the champion?
    Ringen Improves the Volk (Stength wise or intelligence wise?).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
    Azrathar: 5
    Lohkir: 6 (Your at the cap)
    Moarzed: 3
    Torr: 3
    Bertholeum: 6 (BOOM!)
    Hrothlar: 2
    Pyric: 4
    Silunus: 2
    Hodari: 4
    Elegant Nova: 3
    Seln: 2
    Ringen: 2
    Reloark: 2
    Tendrellis: 4
    Taermonecoterais: 2
    Last edited by Sir; 2010-06-28 at 07:56 PM.
    The Coolest Villan Ever!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    "By jove, I quite believe this example of a pious warrior-priest will soon face the velocity of my greatclub in short order."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Banned

Hodari opened his eyes and stood. He'd gathered enough power. His eyes glowed as he enforced his will on the world below...

Kobolds and Hodrans continued to wage war throughout the eras. Each became powerful, unyielding, and inconquerable. The result was two armies in a constant stalemate. We could not enter the tunnels the kobolds called home, and they could not get much farther than those tunnels. Shamans and warlocks battled for supremacy over the elements, and the jungles of Hodra became wider and wilder...

Though we did not know it at the time, the kobolds had established their own church to a god they called 'the dark one'. We later learned this was Hodari, driving them to fight us to improve both of our armies. Though we hated them, for the most part the kobolds seemed to think of us as brothers, in the sense that the two constantly battered each other mostly for fun and self improvement...

One day, however, an event unlike any other in history came to pass. The tale begins in the fourth skylight of that year, on the twelfth day...

From the Journal of Rala
    Fourth Skylight, twelve days
    *There are teardrops scattered on the page*

Jorkan was found dead this morning. He had been run through by a sword and tossed over the railing to the floor below. Brother tells me his spirit will rest easier if i stop crying. But i can't, not yet.

It is being investigated as murder since the wound was too wide to be a kobold's sword. But who would kill Jorkan, and why? what would anyone have to gain for killing my ma

*The tears stop, and one massive word is written jaggedly, as if the word were written as hard as possible into the paper.
    RIJAK

*The Journal is left open on her desk.*

ACT: Hodari makes it simple for Rijak to kill Jorkan (as he was already planning)
    ACT: The evidence to the murder is made easy to find.
    ACT: Hodari makes a simple trail for a certain young Hodran to make her way to a certain place...
    Last edited by Kumo; 2010-07-01 at 11:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Sacrifice-Of-Army Stance

I. And so it was that the catfolk advanced on the position of The Resplendent Blossom Of Divine Artifice and her host, yowling and howling with their guttural, barbaric tongues.
    II. But lo, The Resplendent Blossom had superior firepower and the high ground, and thrice the catfolk were driven back in their initial assault, until not even their half-divine king could rally them together again. The field was littered with catfolk bodies, pierced with crossbow bolts and burned by the galvanic energies The Resplendent Blossom wielded.
    III. Alas, that even this was like unto draining a lake by drinking from it, for the hordes of the catfolk were many and manifold. Said The Resplendent Blossom, they have no civilized framework that would be disturbed by gathering them all to war, and they know nothing of either economics or non-combatants; they can afford to bring their whole might against us.
    IV. Then her men begged The Elegant Nova Of Innovation to save them, to smite down the infidels and save them. Seeing this, The Resplendent Blossom spoke to her men, telling them of their divine orders, of the sacrifice that they were to make for their people.
    V. Hearing this from the daughter of their goddess, the Raposa soldiers cast down their faces and prepared themselves for what might come on the next day.

Diplomacy-Offering Gesture

That was then. This is now. The Resplendent Blossom stands alone, as her army waits on their high position. She has pulled down her face-mask and her goggles rest on her brow, and she carries neither her galvanic staff nor her sword now.

"I would speak to your leader, catfolk! Let him come forth if he wishes to spare the lives of his men! Come forth, for I would speak with you; look, I am unarmed and my men cannot shoot this far. Come forth, if you have any semblance of honor!"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

The Raposa had questioned the honor of King Leonix. He could not refuse.
    More than confident leaving his weapons behind, the Gray King strode forward, unarmed and in the clothes of a simple worker. Only the air in which he beared himself seperated the king from other catfolk.
    I am Leonix, Son of Moarzed, king of Cats. I lead this army, and wonder why the Raposa wish to speak after such long hostilities. I also have brought no weapons, and brought no armor either, as a sign of good will. That, and it would take many of your weapons to kill me. the king said confidantly.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heretic giggled in the void as he soared out of the sun. He danced between the moons of Gade while gazing upon upon it but soon lost interest and flew as fast as he could just to test his limits.

It felt colder here, so Heretic decided to take a look at this planet furthest from the fiery sun. The variety of creatures on this planet astounded him as he explored its surface on foot. Overhead a creature carried on large wings flapped by. He begun to draw in the mud with a pointy stick. An outline of himself wearing a suit of fur and carrying his pointy stick. Then he drew the creature he saw and began to consider the consequences.

"I could look like a meal. Hmmm maybe tan? Burnt on the end for drawing!" Heretic mumbled aloud, half-completing his thoughts.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

The flame of the Divine Sun is not a constant thing. Like the oceans of the god forged planets, it has currents and eddies, rip-tides and vast tsunamis of cosmic power. All these were brought to bear against the dark stain that rose to the surface of the sun as the first deities walked in the void, the very energies of divine creation attempting to smother what they had unintentionally wrought. But genius is a difficult force to subdue, and madness...well, that is a different matter altogether. So it came to pass that after the dawn of the gods, as wars raged and treaties were signed and broken, the stain finally fought off the drowning waves of solar power and burst from the sun's fiery skin. hurtling through the void of space, the other divines would have been forgiven for thinking it a routine solar event, the ejection of some random particle. But His Will was strong, even after the desperate struggle for survival. In the depths of the void, he unfurled his glistening majesty, and spread forth his consciousness.

At once, disorder was brought under a single tenebrous will. In the Dreamscape, all who slept felt a shadow pass over them, and the fools and geniuses of a half dozen worlds leapt from their beds in a panic, flying through the streets of their cities and villages, proclaiming doom, doom! For that night, madness stalked the boundaries of dreams, feeding on the loose thoughts and hopes of millions of lives, digesting them all in the ichorous vessel that was his divine mind. Moving his ethereal True Form through the shifting maze that was the Dreamscape, His Will was seated in a throne that had laid there from the beginning of all things, awaiting its master. As he sat, the realm darkened, and though the dreams of most went undisturbed, the divine and the exceptional knew that change had come on a maddening wind.

Act Expenditure:
    Spoiler
    Show

1 Act: Create/Inhabit the Dreamscape
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2010-06-30 at 01:35 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Blossom and Leonix

The Resplendent Blossom nods, though inside she seethes in fury at Leonix's arrogance. "I am The Resplendent Blossom Of Divine Artifice, daughter of The Elegant Nova Of Innovation In Steam Enshrouded And In Brass Enthroned, leader of the grand army of the Raposa, King Leonix.

We have gathered here to protect our cities, our cubs and our own civilization; my own mother has given me the divine order to protect her experiments. If you wish to advance into the Mountains of Adamant, you would have to take this pass, and many of your men will die in its taking. But from what I have seen of your... magics-
    She spits the word, as if it burned her mouth to speak, "-I know that you will win, and that you will be able to advance, filled with fury for those that you have lost.

I cannot allow this to happen. Therefore, I propose this: in exchange for you turning and leaving the land of my mother's people, I will surrender myself. I am the daughter of the goddess of the Raposa, greatest scientist this world will ever know, and if you turn back from our cities you may have me.

Should you choose not to accept this offer, we will fight tooth and claw, and a hundred of your men will fall for every one of mine that dies. And then, once you sweep into the defenseless cities, our goddess will wipe you from the face of the earth. I offer peace, and life for both our armies. What do you say, Leonix, king of the cats?"

We're All Mad Here

A wave of madness swept over the Raposa metropoli, bringing a shadow over the cities. So many, so many were touched by the new lord of madness. But madness and genius are separated by a thin line, and madness produces the sweetest fruits.

Dreams become reality, old plans being re-written, and even if a few slaves were killed in fits of madness, they're just slaves. The children of the Machine Goddess are survivors. Her children are geniuses, and they adapt to every situation.

But even so, The Elegant Nova Of Innovation is not pleased. What has done this to her people without her permission? She will have to manipulate the gene-pool again to breed out the worst aspects of the madness while bringing out the best. So she leaves her thousand-fold experiments and flies up into space again, searching for whatever has done this.

There, she feels something. A dark mirror of her own mind. She goes to investigate.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Act - Use the Madness of the Raposa to increase their technology even more. Crazy-awesome technology. Dream-like technology, the stuff that really has no business working but it does.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2010-06-30 at 07:52 AM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heretic on Hodra

After a short rest in a tree interrupted by a strange feeling Heretic’s head began to clear as he looked out over a cliffside onto a beach. “I’m not like these creatures. They are fragile and I’m… a god. That seems the right word, or one of them.” he said, scratching his cat ears.
    His eyes followed a bug in flight as a bird swept down to catch it and landed on the stick he’d been playing with earlier, now stuck into the ground. “I don’t need anything but my bare hands to fight, but I feel lonely. I’m even talking to myself. I need to find someone to be with.
    Heretic jumped down from the tree with a roll and and peeled a piece of bark off of the tree with his fingers to wrap around his head. Feeling out with all his senses he began to focus his will on finding others.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Act Create Headband of Mortal Senses - While wearing this adamantine headband, heretic can percieve through the senses of any mortal.
    Saving second act.
    Last edited by Noircat; 2010-06-30 at 03:15 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

24. - Top - End - #294
    Banned

Hodari snarled as he stalked through Hodra. His senses made no mistake - there was a god here, on his world. The riled up dreams were fine - the god was acting inside his own domain, after all, and the dreams had led to Rijak killing Jorkan. While not quite how he had expected his plan to proceed, it could be worked with. However, now the creature had entered his world directly.

And he would FIND HIM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

As the Elegant Nova drifts through the ether, she feels a touch of impossible dampness on her shoulder. Looking around her, Nova finds that she is suddenly surrounded by a forest of thin grey tendrils, not unlike a fish caught in the arms of a jellyfish. Wherever the tendrils touch, spots of rust appear on her immaculate frame, and a piercing whisper echoes through her mind.

The first to come I know but well
    For she and I are tandem
    But in her coming is the knell
    The death of beauty random

And as quickly as they had appeared, the tentacles vanished, and Nova found herself whole and unblemished. Standing in the void before her is a figure wrapped in a tattered grey cloak, subtle movements incessantly disturbing the fabric, a silver mask of her face covering its own. The mask smiles, far beyond the capabilities of Nova's machinated muscles, creating a rictus through which that familiar whisper escapes.

I see you come to welcome me
    In glory bright and gleaming
    Yet 'neath the glamour I still see
    Your quick and adept scheming

Welcome, Sister

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Blossom and Leonix
    And the brave king was impressed by the bravery of the Raposa.
    Over our years, we catfolk have learned that the bravery of your kind is great. But this is unprecedented. During the time of mmy grandmother, Tansania of the Tiger, we were impressed by your skill on the field of battle. Your humility and care for your people is what impresses us today. Very well, leader of the Raposa. We will take your gesture of peace with the blessings of Moarzed and the Elegant Nova of Innovation! May the peace between our nations be long, longer than any here today will live, save the gods.
    And with that, Leonix bowed deeply to the civilized leader of the Raposa, and his army knew a peace had been struck. Some grumbled, some laughed, but all put away their weapons of war.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcoming-Of-Brother Protocols

"Now that is curious. Most curious indeed. I felt tactile sensations, and you seem to be able to either warp the local spacial-temporal field beyond typical divine abilities or to program me to believe that I am experiencing a change in my spacial-temporal field - but that is rude, isn't it? I'm being rude."

Gears whir and pistons churn, and Nova's eyes dilate. Every inch of the figure before her is examined to the most minute detail. Nova tilts her head and smiles, rather mechanically. "But you must excuse me if I am rude a bit more. You seem to believe that there is a close familial relationship between us, though I am not aware that I have any kindred or even any parental units. Perhaps you are being facetious, but I doubt that, especially as you have made a facsimile of my own face to mask your own. The most pressing question, then, is who or what you are. So, if you would allow me to ask the question - who are you?"

Manipulation-Of-Fools Stance

The Resplendent Blossom kneels before Leonix, and the Raposa on the high ground melt away like ghosts, to return to the cities. Of course, hidden eyes still watch to ensure that the catfolk do not continue on, but the pivotal moment is over.

She has won. She has redirected the catfolk, turning their burning fury to foolish joy. All it took was a sign of weakness, of surrender, and they were as easily played as an instrument. They and their chaotic, mad god.

"I am pleased that this is acceptable to you, my lord." She bows her head, smiling wickedly in her heart.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2010-06-30 at 06:07 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Welcoming-Of-Brother Protocols

"Now that is curious. Most curious indeed. I felt tactile sensations, and you seem to be able to either warp the local spacial-temporal field beyond typical divine abilities or to program me to believe that I am experiencing a change in my spacial-temporal field - but that is rude, isn't it? I'm being rude."

Gears whir and pistons churn, and Nova's eyes dilate. Every inch of the figure before her is examined to the most minute detail. Nova tilts her head and smiles, rather mechanically. "But you must excuse me if I am rude a bit more. You seem to believe that there is a close familial relationship between us, though I am not aware that I have any kindred or even any parental units. Perhaps you are being facetious, but I doubt that, especially as you have made a facsimile of my own face to mask your own. The most pressing question, then, is who or what you are. So, if you would allow me to ask the question - who are you?"

Manipulation-Of-Fools Stance

The Resplendent Blossom kneels before Leonix, and the Raposa on the high ground melt away like ghosts, to return to the cities. Of course, hidden eyes still watch to ensure that the catfolk do not continue on, but the pivotal moment is over.

She has won. She has redirected the catfolk, turning their burning fury to foolish joy. All it took was a sign of weakness, of surrender, and they were as easily played as an instrument. They and their chaotic, mad god.

"I am pleased that this is acceptable to you, my lord." She bows her head, smiling wickedly in her heart.
    We do not require, however, that you return with us. That remains your choice, and the outcome of us staying to our lands will be the same.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heretic on Hodra

Like zipping across a void to find ones self riding along in another body. This was a good way to describe it. The feel of footfalls and seeing stripped creatures with tails everywhere, Heretic observed these people. They were so similar to him in so many ways and exotic in their comparative frailty. Jumping from body to body, Heretic came to rest in a strange space that was out of place. In an impossibly simple world that made no sense as he was there yet could feel the distant tug of the waking world. Was this some sort of mental landscape of tall grasses and darkness? What was that presence he felt? A great fanged monster leaped from the darkness and tore him to sheds as he fell to the ground paralyzed! With a shout, the waking world came roaring back with shouts, a pounding heart, and deep rapid breathes.

Heretic screamed reached up and removed his headband, not noticing it was metal as he had imagined it and not bark as he had used. “That was a nightmare? Such terror.” he spoke aloud as he calmed himself trying to make sense of the presence he had felt and this new presence he felt very close nearby. “Hello, is somebody there?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Banned

Hodari stepped between the trees and snarled. His eyes glowed red with rage. "Hodari, god of shadow." He snarled. "You will not interfere in this world, dreaming one."