New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: Godhood IC

1. - Top - End - #451
    Banned

Default Re: Godhood IC

Hodari sighed and rubbed his temples. "Believe it if you wish, madame."

He jumped up as she left into space, following her to the basilica. He stayed on the brighter side to try and keep hidden from Kaal, if he could. Any mortals on board would not see him anyway, but a god could see him if he were on the dark side.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar nods, and follows the Arbiter. He sits on his simple wooden chair beside her, his pale, luminescent eyes focused on the Basilica.
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-07-27 at 12:50 AM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heretic with the Arbiter and Company

Heretic also comes with. He stands with his arms at his side right next to Hrothlar and makes no attempt to hide. "There is the... abberration."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The swarm browses through the book. He stops at various points, to ask questions of the guards.

Hrothlar

"Why has this... Hrothlar... not destroyed these humans yet? Surely he can see how much they taint this galaxy?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Azrathar

"God of death? What does he do exactly?"

Lohkir

"Natural disasters! Brilliant! it's good to see someone killing off these humans."

Moarzed

"I'm sorry, but you have an error here, it says God of Chaos, which obviously can't be right. See, right there"

We gesture towards the page

Torr

"So, he is responsible for this...big...glowy thing? We will have to thank him some time. It's very useful."

Pyric

"Where can i find this...afterlife... that Pyric has created for the humans? I need to check it's secure. I can't risk any of them getting out."

Silinus

"ARE THESE HUMANS EVERYWHERE!?!?"

Hodari

"Love!" Gah, thats disgusting"

Nova

"Symbol of Unity!, that is marvelous!. Is it here? We would wish to see it"

Reloark

"Hmm...Law...undoutably they will be flawed, but it's a step in the right direction."

Kaal'ex

"Madness! Ha!, everyone in this tainted universe is already mad!."

Heretic

"Hm... He's fine but...well... he hasn't really done much yet, has he?"

We write a small passage about ourselves in the book

(OOC: sorry about the length, this was mostly just me thinking out loud)
    Last edited by razovor; 2010-07-27 at 03:44 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

As the multitude of gods orbited the Basilica, something strange happened on its surface. At first, it seemed only a slight swelling, but soon it was clear that a pseudopod of flesh was growing out of the surface directly beneath the gods. It grew upwards, and they saw the top of it was covered in a transparent membrane, behind which three Novex-ka stood, looking directly at them. Without moving their lips, the creatures somehow transmitted a message through the void of space towards the divinities.

"Welcome, divines, to the Basilica of Flesh."
    "What is the occasion that brings you to our home?"
    "What have we done to deserve this honor?"
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2010-07-27 at 08:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar holds his tongue and waits for the Arbiter to answer.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arbiter and company and Heretic

Heretic awaits what the Arbiter has to say but quickly whispers to Hrothlar without moving his lips, "How are they doing that?"

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar whispers back.

"I don't know, it unsettles me. Magic? Their minds? In either event, I would be careful what you say. Doubtless they can hear us, even now--though your private thoughts are probably hidden."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hello. We would like to speak to The Dreamer, your god, if it can be arranged." She gets up from her chair, but does not move closer.
    The Coolest Villan Ever!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    "By jove, I quite believe this example of a pious warrior-priest will soon face the velocity of my greatclub in short order."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

"The Perfect One? We cannot simply summon him."
    "He will not cease his musings for minutia."
    "What reason should we give to request his presence?"
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2010-07-27 at 09:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Tell him The Arbiter and others wish to speak with him about the attacks on Gade, and about a peace pact, in the name of the sacred laws."
    The Coolest Villan Ever!
    Spoiler
    Show
    "By jove, I quite believe this example of a pious warrior-priest will soon face the velocity of my greatclub in short order."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Within the void, a distortion seems to appear above the pseudopod. Creeping from out of nowhere came a mass of green-black tentacles, quickly covered by a tattered grey cowl. For the merest moment, the assembled deities sensed the utter madness of the space from whence it came, the sheer cruel vastness of a consciousness that regarded them as gnats. But then the silver mask appeared, a mirror of the Arbiter's face, and the Novex-ka speak.

"Our lord bids you welcome to the Basilica."
    "It is his will that we speak for him."
    "Clarity is key if one must defend oneself."
    "He wonders why the attacks on Gade are a matter for divine law."
    "He wonders why the one who attacked his creations is welcome among your company."
    "He wonders why one of your number seeks to hide his movements."
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2010-07-27 at 09:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

"We have suspicion that the attacks on Gade were directly facilitated and ordered by your creator, which is clear violation of the second article of the Charter of Gods."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-07-27 at 09:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I understand your worry. As it is obvious that you work for your god now, as you can contact him, it is a matter of divine law. I wonder, what do you mean by "Attacked his creations". I have on many counts that this creation of yours has attacked this planet of Gade and its people, stealing some to use for divine personal uses, and killing others directly, and many more indirectly, while at the same time destroying the congregations/cities that these mortals call home. But, I have not heard your side of the story please, share. Also, I am un-aware of any of my current allies masking any actions. Remember, this is all to promote peace in the universe."
    The Coolest Villan Ever!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

"The first culling was the instinct of the Basilica, for it required nourishment of matter and mind."
    "When it was finished, in began to craft a being beyond those it harvested."
    "Our progenitor was born of the refined essence of those species, and has directed the Basilica since its mind was born."

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heretic with Arbiter and Company

Heretic just watches, not changing his body language or posture.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    "When it was finished, in began to craft a being beyond those it harvested."

"I may understand instinct as a reason, but this is clearly showing that it attacked for personal gain. Who was commanding this before these progenitors were created? I don't see any other intelligent life on there, capable of planning an attack, unless I am mistaken."
    Last edited by Sir; 2010-07-27 at 09:47 PM.
    The Coolest Villan Ever!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Orc in the Playground

"Kaal'ex clearly supports the continued actions of violence against largely undefended foes. He makes no action to provide the Basilica of its own nourishment, except allowing it free reign to prey on others' creations. If I were to capture a lion and starve it, only to release it on an unsuspecting innocent, wouldn't I be the bearer of blame? Or should we place all sense of responsibility on the lion?"
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-07-27 at 09:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

In Response to the Arbiter

"The small one there dealt a grievous blow."
    "He attacked us unprovoked."
    "Only the intercession of our lord saved the Basilica."

As they speak, an image is projected over the membrane, warped and hazy, but incredible in what is shown. It is a perception of the whole of space, the entirety of the solar system. As the gods watch, a small meteor approaches the source of the perception, and suddenly Heretic sped from behind it, diving forward claws outstretched, and the tendril of the Basilica rushed to meet him. But the could not catch him, and when he hit the source of the projection the entire image shook and became more hazy. The scene progressed until the arrival of Kaal'ex and the ejection of Heretic into space.

"Had our lord wished to slay that god, he could easily have done so."
    "Instead, he ejected him out to space, to remove him from the territory of the Basilica."
    "Obviously the warning was not enough."
    "As for the hidden god, the Dark Panther is lurking on the pole opposite us."
    "He did great harm against our lord's sister Nova in retaliation for our action."
    "We do not trust him."
    "And we have been the one's guiding the experiments on the inferior races."
    "We wish to achieve perfection, and must have test subjects to do so."
    "Our lord has provided guidance, not orders, and we are glad to craft a universe that will please him."

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heretic with Arbiter and Company

Heretic continues to watch, tempted to nod along with Hrothlar's statement but conciously remaining supportively silent. Then the things spoke again and Heretic replied retorically and cryptically as he was addressed.

"If a space rock thrown by a god bounces from planet to planet killing many, who would fault me at attempting to stop it?"
    Last edited by Noircat; 2010-07-27 at 09:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

"How can you claim moral superiority when you travel with a god that sends his two societies against each other in endless war?"
    "How can you claim to care for Gade when you left it defenseless and godless for eons?"
    "How can you deny blame when the Basilica showed obvious sentience, and you attacked regardless, breaking the second rule of the Charter?"
    "Our lord's creations serve his purpose."
    "We are his domain."
    "And in acting autonomously, we fall under the protection the Arbiter offers."

As the Speakers continued, Kaal'ex reached out to Nova's mind.

"I may require your aid near my Basilica."

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

"Our claim is not for moral superiority, nor is my choice of shepherding for my peoples in question here. On that matter, however, I assure you I care deeply for my people. Deeply enough to trust leaving them at their own devices. As for his attack, Heretic's actions shall be put under the lens of the law in time, though presently we deal with more pressing dangers. This matter is about a violation of the law. The Basilica itself is in no legal trouble, for it indeed is acting naturally. The actions of its Lord, are what we hold in question today. We wish him to willingly renounce his crimes and stand before the Arbiter's verdict."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-07-27 at 10:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heretic Adds

"Though, I must petition, dear Arbiter, that the case of whether or not the Basilica is simply an organic weapon which was preprogrammed to cause illegal death in order to further its masters goals is not yet resolved. I do not believe permission was granted by Hodari to kill or capture any of his planet's citizens. I request a judgement before we leave the presence of the Basilica, with Hodari's testimony."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

"What crimes has our lord committed?"
    "The creation of imperial intent is not proscribed in the Charter."
    "The ongoing conflict between Raposa and Catfolk sets clear precedent to that effect."
    "You are here simply because your races did not reach a place of power first."
    "Were the humans of Gade to desire land in the future and invade Silnius, can you honestly say you would you stop them?"
    "Our lord believes curtailing the potential of a race is as devastating as advancing them too far."
    "Despite its capabilities, the Basilica has destroyed no species."
    "Despite its capabilities, the Basilica has destroyed no worlds."
    "Our lord sees this tribunal as merely an attempt to gain control of his creations, and asks the Arbiter under which of the six sections of the Charter he could be prosecuted."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

"The Arbiter is not an agent of bureaucratic interpretation of a written law. If that was so, all crime would slip through the cracks. The Arbiter is an enforcer of Justice, which includes intent. As for whether the Basilica has destroyed species or worlds--I beg to differ. For most species--the universe is perceived individually. Each man, woman, and child possesses a universe between their ears, every single death has destroyed a Universe. As for your Raposa-Catfolk distraction, that is not the point--because neither god has come forth to report a crime. As for my personal views on the expansion of the humans and Dwarves (everyone seems to overlook the dwarves...) of Gade, they are free to proceed as they wish. They were created with no intent to conquer or kill other races, surely the Arbiter or any impartial judge can see that. They are their own, and their choices since creation is their own prerogative. But this Basilca, by its very nature, was created to destroy and to kill the sacred creations of others. Its very creation and use as a weapon are crimes which must be answered for."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-07-27 at 10:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Dwarf in the Playground

The arbiters previous look of curiosity changes to a look of a anger when they said "Inferior Races".

"Heretic, or the small one to you, attacked you, yes. It was justified though, as you had already seemingly violated the second law multiple times. He acted in too much haste, but that is a character flaw, not a punishable offense. If he does it again, he will be punished, but it wasn't a serious problem by itself. Hrothlar has the right to do whatever he wishes for his people, and is none of your concern. Also, he is correct, I do not hold a problem with you yet, but your master. He must come out to face me for a mark, and you have to stop attacking Gade now. Hrothlar never attacked also, and never even pushed his creations too, since as you said they were "godless". His creations attacked in defense, which I may note didn't even harm your creation. "

(((I'll be back soon, sorry to hold such good RP! Talk amongst your selfs, The Arbiter will be waiting for responses.)))
    The Coolest Villan Ever!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heretic Adds

"Your lord has committed the following crimes. Using the nonautonomous Basilica of Flesh as a weapon against the inhabitants of multiple worlds without permission. This theft and the restructuring of the materials, bodies, minds, and souls stolen have created you and I assume a part of the Basilica's bulk. Lastly, attempted deicide against myself when he blasted me in the face with screaming energy. Only due to my tricking him into thinking others were coming did I survive because it was easier to throw me away than anihilate me. If the Basilica of Flesh is autonomous as you claim, why did your 'lord' attempt to murder me?"

Heretic pauses and speaks very slowly, "If the Basilica is autonomous as you claim, why did your 'lord' attempt to murder me"

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

"The Arbiter is right on all cases save one--"

Hrothlar pauses here, as if he knows he is about to say something the others shall find bizarre.

"I believe the Basilica shall not need to cease it's attacks, on Gade or any other species. It is now in existance, even if its act of creation was criminal. Because it exists, it is as Divine as any other creation in this universe--we are none to judge the superiority of any creature above another, or to change it's nature now. Now that the Basilica is self-directing, it must be allowed to continue as it is. It's creator, however, the demon-god Kaal'ex, must answer to the charges against him, and in addition to the Arbiter's punishment, be separated forevermore from control of the Basilica. It must no longer, in any way, work towards his objectives or be under his influence.
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-07-27 at 10:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Against all known law, a chill wind blew through the assembled gods, and the chamber holding the Novex-ka lowered back into the Basilica. A single tendril moved within the tattered grey cloak and gripped the mask. And then it came. The first contact with a mind so alien, so hostile, so full of scorn that it overwhelmed the senses of the assembled gods.

"No."

Reality screamed at the uncovered face of Madness, and the mass of tendrils writhed downwards, merging with the surface of the Basilica. Green grey flesh turned black and smooth, and the maw of the beast opened towards the tribune. Except, rather than tentacles, the maw produced a kilometer wide blast of white fire. This entropic plasma tore through space, leaving wispy traces of insanity in its wake, and surrounded the seated gods. Barbed tendrils sprouted from the entire surface of the Basilica, and lashed out towards Hodari and the others. But the Arbiter was the primary target of the assault, and dozens of tentacles wrapped around her frame. Then the voice came again.

"I will not be caged! I will not be controlled! Behold the Cathedral of Perfection and tremble!"

Even in far off Maxim, Nova could feel the presence of her twin, and as the thunderous echoes of his declarations reverberated through space his voice came to her.

"They have moved against me sister. Hrothlar, Hodari, Heretic, and the Arbiter wish to strip me of my creations and restrict my movements. I require your aid."
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2010-07-28 at 04:21 AM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Swarm, it's ears many, and it's paragons spread wide and far, exploring the galaxy, heard the screams of Madness.

All Paragons froze everywhere. Those in Seln's Fortress, spoke "We are leaving. We must find the source of that noise. Now"

The Swarm gathered up, and left the Fortress. It formed back into it's perfect Star, and recalled the exploring paragons.

Knowing that timing was essential, the Swarm burned off some of it's collection of sun energy, to give it greater speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Act: The speed of a God. Technically, the Swarm are all demi-gods, so we should already be able to move this fast. But now it's official.
    Last edited by razovor; 2010-07-28 at 04:39 AM.