New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Escape! (IC)

1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Escape! (IC)

Not sure himself, Lorwen starts: "The teleportation, emm.. spriti-pull as you said, transports people from one place to another. However, usually it is a little different- there should be a portal and if you don't want to enter, you will not go. I know not of what would pull unwilling peo-- adventurers and leave everything else untouched."

Making a small pause to reason a little, he continues: "Too much has been coincidence. Arcane tablets, gateways, walking undead, Lashare and the priest Grason. Once we find the drow " where in nine hells has she gone now "we should find out what is going on.

The teleportation affected only us. The only person who knew where we are, was the priest. So we should find him and get some answers. Do you agree?"
    - - -
    There is always tendency towards chaos.

The Plight of Harlington - IC thread - OOC thread -
    Latest map
    Battle map

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Mika lowers her head in thought before she speaks with her gravelly voice: "The timing would fit, but knowing our location to teleport us doesn't make sense since we moved. I think a different means was employed and I'm more inclined to believe that Lashare or whatever he might have freed did this, as the pull came from the prison and Grason could have just have us detained because of... what I am now with his rank and ressources. Maybe Lashare didn't leave that place yet."

3. - Top - End - #213

Lorwen stops and turns abruptly around. "I'm not going back!" he shouts at the party. "Lashare can do what he wants in the prison, even rot for the rest of his life with the rotten corpses that will wander there. I am not afraid of the dead but being caged again is something i won't do voluntarily! Did you see any other exit of the jail besides the main entrance?! We'd be walking into a box.. that closes just around you.. and then.. strangles the will out of you with its.. black.. oozing tentacles.." with the last words fear and misery can be read from the eyes of the gnome.

Shaking his head to clear the thoughts he continues talking to Terios and Mika: "Besides, you have no idea what you are walking into. Even if you go, you need to be prepared! You need.. you need.." finding it hard to say, Lorwen sighs and with resignation lets it out "Fine. You need somebody to cover your backs. I'm finding myself more and more attached to both of you, so i feel i must stick with you."
    - - -

Latest map
    Battle map

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Mika is caught completely off-guard by Lorwen's outburst, unable to find the words of apology she wants to say during the short break as she sees the pain in the bard's eyes. After he finishes, she remains silent for a moment before she lowers herself onto one knee in front of Lorwen, as a sign of respect. "I am sorry, I didn't know how hard this is for you and I will not lie and say I understand how you feel. But we will be with you all the way and I vow to protect you until we see this through."

Mika wanted to say more, but feels unable to express herself properly. She never experienced someone displaying this kind of courage, willing to endure what he fears so intensely despite not needing to. Mika has to admit to herself that she didn't believe people were capable of something like this, possibly including herself as she was never tested like this, feeling that she can learn much from Lorwen.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2010-07-19 at 01:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215

Feeling awkward seeing women kneel and a little ashamed of his outburst, Lorwen approaches Mika. Standing infront of her, he looks into her eyes, which does not happen often thanks to his hight, and helps her up again. "Thank you for understanding me! Lets just get over with it. I don't want to prolong this any more than neccessary. Some day, i might explain my outburst but for now, there are more pressing matters."
    - - -

Latest map
    Battle map

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Mika gets up and puts a hand on Lorwen's shoulder. "Whenever you think the time is right, Lorwen." She accompanies the group to the prison, aiming to end this quickly for everyone's, but especially the bard's, sake.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

When you reach the prison, you see a priest praying at the entrance. Hearing you approach, she turns. "Hello, I am Lima, a priestess of Bahamut.You must be the people that Grason was talking about."

Everyone who's in trained in Arcana/Religion, roll an arcana/religion check.
    Last edited by Ether; 2010-07-23 at 08:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218

"Hello, Lima! I appologise for interrupting your prayers. Doing so in front of a prison and not in a temple during the night is somewhat.. strange. But fear not as we are here!
    May I enquire what you are doing? And what did Grason actually tell you of us?"

Spoiler
    Show

Inspire Competence - all allies within 5 radius will get +2 power bonus to Arcana checks.
    Arcana: (1d20+13)[20]
    Insight to understand if she is sincere: (1d20+2)[15]
    Religion to understand if she is Bahamut worshipper: (1d20+5)[24]
    Perception for the surroundings: (1d20+6)[12]
    - - -

Latest map
    Battle map

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lorwen

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to your training in Arcana, you sense a holy barrier around the prison.

Also your insight and knowledge of religion tells that this woman is truly a priestess of Bahamut.

Your perception tells you that nothing is out of the ordinary.

"I'm here because Grason told me to wait for him outside. You see he, along wt went into prison to investigate something. But that was hours ago, and he still hasn't returned."

Lima raises from the ground. "He also told me that a group of people might be coming and to let them through if they wish to enter. Do you?"

10. - Top - End - #220

Lorwen gives a concerned look towards Mika and then decides to thread carefully: "I am not sure if we should enter. What do you know is inside there? I can sense that you are holding a barrier but i don't know if to keep something in or out. You see, we experienced a short while ago something like a teleport pull. Obviously, it failed .." the gnome lets out with share joy. " .. and we decided to come to investigate. If you say Grason is there and thought we could come some time soon then i don't think it was him pulling us. Which means, it was something else. In any case, i think we deserve some more info before we plunge into... there." states the gnome, putting his hands crossed over his chest and trying to be as authoritive as he can muster while keeping his concerns about the prisonment to himself.
    - - -

Latest map
    Battle map

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Mika notices Lorwen's look, but is unsure whether it is because of the presence of a priestess, the barrier or having to enter the prison again. Nevertheless, Mika respectfully bows towards Lima as a greeting, but stays silent to avoid drawing attention, partly because of her voice. She stands closely behind Lorwen to appear as a bodyguard in a non-threatening manner as she feels herself being more and more distracted by the priestess. Maybe it is because they had time to calm down or because she is a woman, but Mika can feel her attention fixate on Lima's complexion, her breath, imagining the warmth coursing through her body that felt so good when Lorwen helped Mika up. The monk has to look away and mentally chastises herself for letting her thoughts drift like this, trying to stay focused.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lima shakes her head. "You misunderstand. I did not put up the Holy Barrier. Only Grason can, yet it was here before we arrived. It's all very strange."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing about the holy barrier makes it very clear what Lorwen was concerned about. Despite this, Mika bows down and whispers to the bard: "Grason might need help and I don't think Lima knows anything more about what is going on inside."

14. - Top - End - #224

Lorwen nods to Mika and looks at the barrier a little.
    "Lima, if this is Holy Barrier then i guess there are some undead inside. You said 'we'- has anybody else entered the prison? And forgive me but i know not of what this Holy Barrier does- please enlighten me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana for HolyBarrier effects: (1d20+13)[24]

None of us here is a priest and if you had anything that would assist us against undead, we'd appreciate it. I'm thinking of scrolls, holy water or even healing potions to strengthen us. We think, Grason might be in trouble and we should enter as soon as possible."
    - - -

Latest map
    Battle map

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

"By "we" I mean Grason and I. He came back from meeting and then suddenly announced that me and him were going to the prison.

The holy barrier keeps necrotic miasma and mindless undead inside. It will be dangerous so please allow me to bless you."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

It seems that the high priest's and Lima's prayers are mainly harmful to mindless undead, but Mika can't be sure. As this matter affects her directly, Mika decides to talk about this herself. "Grason seems to think highly of you if he took you with him soon after talking to us, so I hope you are as trustworthy and understanding as the high priest. Is your blessing harmful to someone... changed by the energies inside?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lima thinks and after a minute she smiles and shakes her head. "I sense you have a kind heart. The blessing will not harm you."

18. - Top - End - #228

There is not much left to do outside the gloomy house, thus Lorwen kneels down to his left knee and lowers his head.
    "I'm ready for the blessing and to face whatever will come beyond the barrier."

Once the blessing is done, he turn to Terios and Mika: "You should go in first while i cover the back. If there is anything waiting there, you'd be our first and strongest punchline. Should things get drastic, don't get too far from me as i can only assist you with healing if i'm within range of 25 feet."
    - - -

Latest map
    Battle map

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Uncrowing his falchion, Terios looks at the gnome, evaluating his worthiness as a hunt leader. "I do not like going into a Hunt with only three people, but I shall have your back to death itself. You two have proven yourselves worthy hunters.", he says, passing his hand over his chest in a salute. Turning to the priest, "Shaman, I will accept your blessing."

After the blessing, he looks back at the others with a feral smile on his face. "Shall we?"
    Everyone is someone else's idiot.-Anon.

Life isnt perfect. Get over yourself.-Me.

It is shown that when the DM is smiling there are two possible conclusions. One: there is about to be a near Party wipe; or Two: He's enjoying watching you squirm thinking its number one...

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lima lays her hand on each of you.

You all gain 2 one time powers

Bahamut's Armor: As an immediate interrupt you gain 1d12 temporary HP.

Bahamut's Sword: When you do damage with an attack, as a free action you can add 1d12 radiant damage.

After she is done. She whispers good luck.
    Last edited by Ether; 2010-07-24 at 02:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Mika isn't sure how to react to Lima, feeling that she would probably blush a little if she was still able to. "Uh, thanks. Go ahead."

Once she has received the blessing, she nods to the others. "Take care of yourself," Mika says to the priestess before she heads inside.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you enter the prison, everything seems normal. Suddenly the doors slam shut and vanish.

The voice of Marcus Lashare calls out to you from no where. "Why exactly would you willingly come back here?"

23. - Top - End - #233

Lorwen coughs clear his voice while looking around to determine the location of Lashare, and then addresses the surroundings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+6)[9]
    Arcana (1d20+11)[23]

"Stop playing games Lashare and show yourself! We know here are undead loose. What are you up to? And what happened to our companions Jair and Shaiith?"
    - - -

Latest map
    Battle map

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Perception: Save for you all the room is empty. There are no doors or windows.

Lorwen's Arcana

Spoiler
    Show
    You sense two things.

1) Marcus Lashare isn't in the room or anywhere close to you

2) The air is saturated not just with necrotic energy but with magical energy in general.

"It's not me you fool. It's this place." Marcus clicks his teeth. "Make your way to be and I'll explain everything."

A door appears in front of you.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

"For your sake, I hope you have nothing to do with what happened to me," Mika states in a nearly growling voice and opens the door.

26. - Top - End - #236

Seeing no exits besides the just appeared door, Lorwen frowns and thinks I knew it is a bad idea. Trapped again with only one way out to who knows where
    Then he turns to Mika and Terios: "I do not sense Lashare to be anywhere close. But the room is full of both necrotic and magical energeis making it really confusing to understand anything. Lets continue forward."
    Last edited by docHigh; 2010-07-25 at 02:25 PM.
    - - -

Latest map
    Battle map

27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hefting his sword and striding through the opened door, Terios bellows outward, "COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELVES COWARDS!!!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+5)[15]
    Everyone is someone else's idiot.-Anon.

Life isnt perfect. Get over yourself.-Me.

It is shown that when the DM is smiling there are two possible conclusions. One: there is about to be a near Party wipe; or Two: He's enjoying watching you squirm thinking its number one...

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

You walk into the next room. Suddenly the door you came through vanishes, and all the lights go out.

29. - Top - End - #239

Being last to step through the door Lorwen turns back towards where the door used to be but finding just darkness, he stops from moving. The lack of light, even shady light makes him even more aggitated. Using his previous experience, he remains silent and tries to perceive the surroundings.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealth: (1d20+8)[22]
    Perception: (1d20+6)[23]
    Arcana: (1d20+11)[27]
    - - -

Latest map
    Battle map

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Mika remains calm, thanks to her harsh monastic training, and lights a torch, all the while listening for anything in the dark.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+7)[22]