New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

Danielle shrieks as her blocking arms are cut, blood dripping down her arms. Still, she doesn't seem to care, and instead gathers energy in her right hand. "Okay! Jei Mi Guardian special technique: She draws a crescent shape in the air with her left hand, which she then grasps. She then creates an 'arrow' with the energy in her right hand, and pulls back on the 'string' of this 'bow. "Arrow of Light!" The arrow zips towards Red!

Yes, she's making it up as she goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Evocation (Ki): (3d6+5)[17]
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-10-27 at 01:35 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

The 'arrow' flies through Red, causing him to winch in pain. Undeterred, however, he sets his sword alight with a thought and swoops him for another attack, momentarily setting the girl afire as his burning blade delivers another blow.

((Red: 15 vs 15-1 = Hit))
    ((Danielle: -2))
    ((Red: -1))
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Danielle pants, still hovering in the air. She then holds both arms out to her sides and her feet together (Jesus references, woo!), and glows a faint purple...

Spoiler
    Show
    Self healing rules: (3d6+1)[7]

And nothing seems to happen. Well, a few scratches fade away. "...Damn the chaotic nature of magic..."
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-10-27 at 01:58 PM.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack took stock of the situation. Jimito hadn't moved for a while. Hicchup was unconcious. Genghis and Nixon had formed an awesome attacking duo. Queen Pink was immobile and scorched/bitten. Red had flown through the roof and Danny, sprouting inexplicable wings, had followed. There was a drinks trolley in the corner of the room and no-one else important was around. Jack changed his tact towards Queen Pink. Smiling a cheesey smile as he walked past her towards the trolley, he began to mix a cocktail.

'Appletini?' he said to the Queen.

He took her silence for a 'yes'.
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2007-12-07 at 10:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #365

Unfortunately, Jack's wonderful ways with the women didn't get to bear fruit, as the third ninja suddenly appeared in front of Pink and lashed out at Jack with his sword.

"Didn't your mother teach you any manners?"

~~~~

Meanwhile, Red takes Danielle's healing session as an opportunity to put some distance between them. Hurling a volley of shurikens in her direction he turns and flies towards the castle.

((Red: 12 vs 15-2 = Miss))
    ((Red: -1))
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack stared at the new figure for a second.

'Don't I know you?'

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Danielle opens one eye. "Crap!" She quickly flies forward at full speed, deftly dodging the shurikens. "Get back here!" She gathers blue-purle energy in her hands, and focuses it into a beam, which blasts forth as Red. "Jei Mi School magical technique: Lion's Roar!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ki magic again! (3d6+5)[12]

8. - Top - End - #368

Blue sighs, dispenses with the small talk and just stabs Jack with his sword. It's easier, and considerably funnier too.

((Blue: 16 vs 15 = Hit))
    ((Jack: -1))

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

The blade sticks painfully into Jack's shoulder.

'Owww! You ********! That really hurt!'

In retaliation, Jack backs off slightly and shoves an open-palm towards Blue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Conjuration: A ninja-eating suction beast - (3d6+3)[13]
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2007-10-27 at 02:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370

Drawing on all his experience and knowledge as a master conjuror, Jack summons the one creature that all ninja fear; the dreaded Ninja-Eating Suction Beast. Standing at eight feet tall and covered in shaggy fur the beast roars threatingly before lunging at Blue with its giant maw.

((NESB: 19 vs 16 = Hit))
    ((Blue: -1))

He manages to struggle free from its horrible grasp and flip back towards his sister, who is just now reawakening from her paralysis.

~~~~

Meanwhile, Danielle's energy blast misses the escaping Red, and he now hovers over the towers of Generica Castle.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Danielle's eyes narrow, and she folds up slightly, like an arrow, barreling towards Red at high speed!

Spoiler
    Show
    Run (Fly) Really Fast! (3d6+4)[9]

(OOC: ... The dice roller hates me.)
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-10-27 at 02:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, there was only one place Red was going with the gems, now that he had them. And if he wasn't going there, well... the king would have an impromptu visit. Grabbing Hicchup's unconcious body and calling Genghis and Nixon near, Jack concentrated on the thought of King Generic's castle, as near to the throne room as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Conjuration: Groupus Teleportus - (3d6+3)[12]
    Last edited by LazyJoe; 2007-10-28 at 06:41 AM.

13. - Top - End - #373

Jack and his motley crew of elementals, freaks of nature and comatose wizards disappear in a puff of smoke as he tries to fix his attention on the throne room. Jack's attention being what it is, they only make it about half the way there before he's distracted, and they re-appear in-front of a brothel. That's sort of like progress.

Meanwhile, Danielle's desperate bursts of speed prove inadequate to catch up with Red, who is now descending into the throne room itself....

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack glances up at the brothel sign.

'Eh, a win's a win.'

He drags Hicchup inside.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Danielle cries out a warning as she flies closer and closer to the castle, heading for the throne room. "Assassin! In the throne room!" She shouts it as loudly as she can, hoping people will hear. And she keeps on shouting it as she zips into the throne room...

16. - Top - End - #376

Danielle breathlessly bursts into the throne room, only to find the king peacefully pouring himself a cup of tea. He looks up at the strange girl flying into his room with some amount of bemusement.

"Assassins? Didn't I hire you or someone very much like you to take care of that matter? What have you been doing all this time?"

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Danielle pants deeply. "WH..wha? Where... where'd he go?! H-he was flying here, just now! H-he's wearing all red, and he's got those gems that keep those magical shields active... he could deactivate it any second! You have to get out of here, your majesty!" She looks around desperately. "Dad! Ham! Where are you?!"

Panic!

18. - Top - End - #378

Ham the Mighty, Swine Warrior from the Frozen North and Victor of a Thousand Battles, enters the throne room at a run carrying a large pork sausage.

"Is it time? Is he here?"

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Danielle continues to pant, leaning against a pillar. "He... he should be... he was heading right here... Your Majesty, Red Hikari is a ninja! He could be hiding anywhere in this room!" She looks down at herself, and closes her eyes, calling on Jenny's healing abilities once again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Self-healing! (3d6)[10]

She sort of... half heals. The burns fade, but don't vanish; the cuts on her arms close, but are still obviously there, and still painful.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-10-27 at 03:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380

The magic calms Danielle down somewhat as it washes away some of her wounds, but that calm is promptly erased as she hears the words "Game over". Spinning around he sees Red drop from the ceiling, blade towards the ground, directly above King Generic's throne....
    Last edited by TamerBill; 2007-10-27 at 03:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Danielle puts her hands together, forcusing her energy into another beam of... energy... "Jei Mi School magical technique: Lion's Roar!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ki attack... (3d6+5)[11]
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-10-27 at 03:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382

Red swiftly turns to one side as he descends, dodging the hastily fired blast from Danielle. He is not quite so lucky in avoiding the giant sausage hurled moments later, and is clubbed in the face in a most undignified manner. Unable to complete his assault on the king, Red drops to the floor in an attack stance instead.

"You just don't know when to quit, do you?"

((Ham: 15 vs 16-2))
    ((Red: -3))

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Danielle breathes again, eyes almost popping out of her skull. She gasps for breath, then grins. "Awesome shot, Ham."

She adopts her own fighting stance. "You know... for as long as I can remember, I've wanted to be a ninja. But... but after meeting you, Red, I've changed my mind. I don't want to be a ninja if it means being like you."

She rushes forward!

Spoiler
    Show
    Run Really Fast! (3d6+4)[13]

Running faster than any child her age really should be able to, her hands glow with blue-purple energy. She leaps up into the air, putting one hand to the hilt of her brand-new sword. "Jei Mi School magical technique: Ki Manipulation!" Her left hand, the one that isn't holding the sword hilt, is wreathed in fire. "Let's call this... Inferno!"

(OOC: Drat, can't edit in new rolls. >.> 3, 5, 2, +5 = 15)

A large gout of flame shoots forth, enveloping the red-clad ninja!
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-10-27 at 04:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384

Red attempts to shield himself from the flames with his arm, but he is visibly weakening under the assault.

"...heh... you shouldn't play with fire, kid. You might get burned!"

With a single action Red grabs his flaming blade and hurls it through the inferno at Danielle. The attack catches her by surprise, and she is unable to dodge away in time to avoid a burning cut to her side.

((Danielle: 15 vs 16-3 = Hit))
    ((Red: 15 vs 15 -1 = Hit))
    ((Red: -4))

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Danielle yelps, ducking to the floor to grab the other sword. "You shouldn't throw your toys around, Red!" She grins a bit, holding the sword in her left hand while she runs at him. "Here goes! Jei Mi School physical technique:" She flips, supporting her weight with one hand, before slamming her leg down hard on Red's shoulder. "King..." She then flips again, sailing right over Red's head, bringing her other leg up and smacking him in the face. "Of..." She then lands on both her hand, flips back over onto her feet, and brings both hands together, dropping the sword in the process, and gives Red a double open palmed strike to the back, fingers extended almost like claws. "Beasts!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollin rollin rollin...(3d6+5)[16]
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-10-27 at 04:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386

"King of beasts, huh?" Red draws his katana and delivers a single slash down Danielle's back. "I hate kings."

((Red: 19 vs 15-2 = Disable))

As she crumples to the floor, Red looks around the room for his mark.
    "Damnit, he's not here anymore. At least I got rid of some rather annoying distractions..."

He turns to leave, but is interrupted by the sound of a door burning down. He approaches the flames, and is rewarded for his curiousity with a fireball to the face. A familiar figure strides into the throne room, blazing sword in hand.

"What did I miss?"

((Red: -5))

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Danielle crumples to the floor, bleeding, but certainly still alive. Her wings retract back into her body, with a quick, rather sickening crunching sound. Ewww.

28. - Top - End - #388

Ixil and Red enter into a dealy duel of swords as Danielle lies immobile on the ground, unable to summon the strength to move. Red is somehow able to continue fighting even with all his injuries, although it is clearly a strain for him just to keep his form together.

Danielle begins to wonder if she's even concious anymore as a ghostly figure of Jenny appears in-front of her eyes.

"Sorry I couldn't be more help, Danny. I... I have a little power left. I'll give it to you, so you can take him down. I believe you can do it."

Danielle staggers to her feet as a burst of healing energy washes over her. A faint voice whispers in her ear "Make it count".

((Red: -5))
    ((Danielle: -2 but kicking))

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Go time! (3d6+5)[16]

Danielle gets to her feet, hand going to her head... or, more accurately, her bandana. "Thank you, Jenny..." Her eyes focus on Red, and narrow into a glower. "Hey, rainbow ninja!" She starts a-runnin'!

"Jei Mi School physical technique!" She reaches the ninja, bringing her clenched fist up. "Eat fist! Skull Cracker!"

It's a very hard punch. Seriously. It definitely deserves the monicker 'physical technique'.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2007-10-27 at 05:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Somewhere there is a plane of existence where Hicchup's plan worked. All his plans work. Where cubes, each side containing a different number in pips, from one to six, always seem to land how everyone wants them to. Where, even though he would be in extreme pain, Hicchup would be on the strange inter-dimensional gateway under the protective custody of the guardians that found Team Potato Tree before... true, it would be more custody then protection, but there would be protection involved.

Somewhere, there is a plane of existence where all of this is true... where Hicchup would be more than marginally happy. Where Danny would still be Danny and not Danielle. Where Jack actually wins at Sorcery (sometimes) instead of losing (all the time).

Most of all, it would be a plane of existence where Hicchup's unconscious body wouldn't be lying on a brothel floor, because Jack messed up with his transportation spell.

But alas... this isn't that plane of existance. And Hicchup is unconscious, laid out on a brother floor. And it is because Jack messed up with his transportation spell.

And if Hicchup were capable of speaking right now, he would most likely be asking the young lady giving him a lap dance to please stop. Then he would continue yelling at Jack for getting them into this. But he's not able to do these things. He's lying prone; on a brothel floor.

The dreaming, unattached state of mind that is Hicchup's conscious - and therefore can never be unconscious, for that would negate it's very existence, nay, it's very purpose of existence - is currently sending a friendly reminder via dream waves telling Hicchup that no matter what he'd actually like to think... the only thing he can blame Jack for is the brothel. And the game of Sorcery. But mostly, just the brothel. Not that Hicchup actively knows about the brothel. But subconsciously, he has realized that in such a given situation as the one they are all in, it's a 46.82% chance that Jack would, innocently enough (for Jack), wind up in a brothel. And that's really the only blame that Hicchup can put on his teammates.

Everything else... is Hicchup's fault.

Consciouses are mean truthful bastards.

((OOC: Ok. Now I feel the power of the wordy half-orc surging through me again. We're good to go.))
    Last edited by Gengy; 2007-10-27 at 10:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself