New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Jimito, Wereape Priest of Phonnus

Jimito follows up on his pie to the chin with another one delivered by hand right in the nose, attempting to overpower his enemy with teh delicious scent of custard.

((Attack(Pie)-T13=R13+B0))
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

"...I... I think I'm in shock. Who are you, and what did you do with the rest of my universe? Because I believe that is the most intellegent thing I've ever heard you say, Jack... which impresses and scares me at the same time. What's worse is that it's absolutely astute, and on top of that, vallid." Hicchup closes his jaw, which had steadily dropped as Jack pontificated. "Were it not for that last question... I would be applauding. I really would. However... to answer you question - which confirmed that I am not dreaming, by the by - we are not killing anyone. Not if we can help it. We are, however, looking further into someone who we know little to nothing about. Howard, you answered this before, but what is the name of Team Ornate Lobster's sensei?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

3. - Top - End - #93

Jimito's Perspective

Jimito's awesome pie-fighting skills floor his opponent before he can get a single blow in. A resounding cheer goes up from the crowd, and Jimito is bodily carried to the front stage, where he is presented with a huge multifaceted gem, purple in colour and sparkling in the light.

"Use this wisely, Brother Jimmy, and for the good of all Jimmidom."

~~~

Everyone Else's Perspective

"The name I have is 'Kuro', although since that means 'black' in the Eastern tongue I assume it is just another codename. You do remember that he is dead, master? I believe I made that clear the last time you asked about him."
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Danny stares at Jack for a moment, then sighs and waves a hand. "Oh, fine, I'll wait until I'm older." ... Yeah, he let go of that idea pretty quickly. Or he just realises it would be tough to do on his own and Jack would probably try to stop him.

He lays down on the mat, looking at the ceiling. "You know, Jenny's dead, too, Howard, and that doesn't stop her from yammering in my mental ear."
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, but you see Howard... As Danny just pointed out, dead people can still speak. It's mearly a matter of contacting them properly. And, while I have yet to find any information in you that is innacurate, what if, per se, a great ninja teacher were to fake his own death so that enemies would no longer come after him? Besides which, we don't really need to speak to him, just ask those who knew him. As I said, this plan does not have much chance towards success either, but it's the best one I have, short of wishing all my troubles away."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

6. - Top - End - #96

Jimito takes the gem and holds it up to the light, letting it filter through the sparkling mass. " I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. You don't know how much this means to me. It would be impossible for you to realize how little i want to give an acceptance speech right now, so I think I won't. Instead, I'll bid you all farewell and go brag to Jack that I'm now officially richer than him and the entire country in which he was born. As they say in St. Azer's, hasta la vista." With that adieu, he heads out the door through the press of bodies and goes to find the other Three Musketeers.
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

7. - Top - End - #97

"Yammering!? Hmph. You'd miss me if I was gone, you know."
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"I didn't say I wanted you to leave," thinks the small monk-come-ninja-wannabe.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

9. - Top - End - #99

Jimito soon manages to find his way back to the others, through dumb luck and narrative imperative.

"So, shall we retire for the night, Master? Planar travel tends to mess with accurate time-keeping but I believe it is approaching night time. We can pursue information in the morning."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Hicchup takes a breif second to bring Jimito up to speed, causing a long drawn out moneky-to-half-orc conversation that is rather funny and inspiring... but no one gets to read, because it doesn't further the plot at all.

Finally, Hicchup turns and looks at everyone. "Well, while that discussion was wonderfully enlightning, I think it's time to turn in. Danny, is it all right to crash here at you parents' place, or should we find an inn?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Danny shrugs his shoulders. "Yeah, yeah, you lot can stay here if you want... mum and dad won't mind."

He looks around. "You can sleep in here, if you want. We don't really have a guest room, and my room's much too small... Uuh, Nixon, there's a fireplace in the kitchen, if you want to sleep there."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack goes and finds a pile of blankets to curl up into the fetal position on, and gets on with his usual nightmares that feature demons, clowns and demon-clowns.

13. - Top - End - #103

Ignoring of course the long, interesting, but ultimately useless converstaion with HIcchup, just about everyone ignores Jimito's new found riches. "But, but, I"m important now, aren't I?" Knowing the response that'll get from his his friends, he shrugs and finds a space in the corner to sleep where he curls up with his thumb in his mouth and the jewel tucked tight under his arm like a large and shiny teddy bear.

14. - Top - End - #104

The gang all settles down to sleep, with Danny presumably retiring to the comfort of his own room first. As darkness descends, Nixon plays twinkly music on a tin flute he found somewhere, because apparently that's what happens at night.

~~~

The group is woken up in the morning by Nixon pretending to be a cockerel, but Danny's mum throws a shoe at him, so that's okay. Slightly more disturbing is the handwritten note pinned neatly to the door. It reads "Two Days Left".

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack is the first up, busy with his usual snooping through drawers and cabinets. He finds the note on the door and gasps.

*Gasp*

'But... it can't be... I already 'paid' him... I'm not going through that again... I'm not going to perform... wait, this isn't for me. Danny! Mail for you!'

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Hicchup awakes, and immediately begins the hand motions for an illusion spell to cover who he is... when he realizes where he is and who he's with, and doesn't bother.

"Morning, Howard. Time to do some good. Well, a variation of good, as defined by my personal perspective and augmented by those around me whom I care to listen to in the form of advice."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

17. - Top - End - #107

Jimito rolls over and hits Gengy on the head. "Five more minutes." When he realizes what he's done he sits up. "Oh, sorry about that Genj. Your vocalised internal dialogue felt like that stupid buzzer my mom always woke me up with. Do something about that."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Danny seems to appear directly behind Jack, and takes the note from him. He knows this house, he can get around it! Yeah...

He reads the note, then crumples it into a ball. It then promptly disintegrates in a blue flash. "..Right then. Hicchup, are you awake?" he calls through the door.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, Danny, I am! But Jimito is only half awake. He just called me Genj or something like that. What do you need?" The half-orc calls back, and stands up, dusting off his clothes and rotating his calves to get the crinks out of them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Danny walks into the dojo, walking past Hicchup to the corner he changed in before his fight with Ham, changing into a new gi, as his last was ripped during a fight with a lion. "Well... We only have two days left, according to the note Red left me. So we might want to get moving soon..."

He looks down at himself. "But I need a new outfit. This is my last one, and I can't go around wearing the same clothes all the time!"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"So you suggest we spend our first few hours of our precious time looking for... a tailor?" Hicchup muses, his eyebrows raised and a smirk on his lips. "I certainly don't see why not. I have been meaning to get a new robe. The white side of mine itches."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Danny scratches the back of his head. "...I follow Senna, I can't help it."

He shrugs. "Anyway. We always seem to be able to get so much into a day, anyway... I mean, look at yesterday!"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

'What the hell are you guys talking about? I've been wearing the same stuff for two years, and the worst thing I've had was that minor bout of exploding dyssentry. Anyway, science says it's bad to change your clothes too much. Apparently part of your soul goes along with the old clothes. And for a person such as me who is like me and happens to be me, I've only got a tiny piece of soul left. You're only dooming yourselves faster, you know.'

24. - Top - End - #114

Jimmy, who is still more or less asleep nods and shakes his fist in agreement, or something. "Hear, hear. What the weasel said. You don't want to change your soul too much or your clothes might explode with dissent. Let's just spend my gem and go back to sleep."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, Jimito, if you insist, of course we'll spend your gem on clothes so you can sleep. We'll come back when we are appropriately attired." Hicchup brings himself to look at Jack. "And as to your claims of souls and clothing, I find most of it completely without base. But, consider this. If you continually go with the same clothes day in and day out... then what is an art upgrade?"

With that, the half-orc begins to stretch and strut around the room towards the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Danny nods in agreement with Hicchup, before pausing and staring at him. He pauses, then shrugs and follows after him.

Hey, Jenny, what god do you follow? he asks his hitchhiking spirit friend.

27. - Top - End - #117

"I don't. Gods are for mortals, silly. I already know why I'm here, and what'll happen to me when I die. ....Again, I mean."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Danny looks down. I'm confused. Am I supposed to feel insulted now?

29. - Top - End - #119

"You can if you want, though it's not usually worth it. Where are you going to get new clothes from?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Danny shrugs, apparently to himself. Where I get all my clothes, of course. The best tailor in town. He grins. What kind of Sennanite would I be if I didn't? My mum has a tab there, so...
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2006-11-01 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Typos? What typos?