New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Magic Under the Sun

As Tamboc heals himself, Voldge quizes him on what's going on. Where the refugees came from, who the slavers were, what their current needs are, and so on. (( In short, he's shrewd enough to ask about pretty much everything. If there are any details Tamboc wishes to avoid or otherwise omit, let me know. Otherwise, I'll assume the paladin answers everything straight up. ))

Over the course of this conversation, Voldge and Tamboc realize that there will be a major crowding problem. Villmore has a population of around 100, but there are at least 130 refugees.

After an hour or so of discussion, Res the bartender returns, saying he's gathered as many family heads as he could by the Drinkhouse.

When Tamboc returns to the Drinkhouse, he finds about 25 individuals, many of them looking rather disgruntled over being pulled away from home at such a late hour. Upon hearing of the refugees' plight, though, the good-natured hearts of Villmore open up. Still, there are a few people who are pretty dead set against being inconvenienced. But those voices are in the minority, and with a bit of peer pressure from the rest of the village, even they agree to help, however reluctantly.

(( Okay, anything anyone want to do before morning? This goes to the folks on Refugee Detail, too. And, though I glossed over it a little bit, some of you may want to work on some plans to ease the crowding problem... At least once your character becomes aware of it. ))
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Hmm, too bad none of our spellcasters have any extradimensional spells. 'Though Mab could help make sure everyone sleeps nice and sound

Tianna should probably prepare all of her 3rd level slots and one or two 4th level slots as create food and water so everyone has enough to eat.))

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, we do have a massive tent in our possession now. That could be home to at least a few families and serve as a food station, although I'm sure the inn/bar could also be a food station as well though it probably cannot handle 130 people.
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-04-23 at 11:28 AM.
    "I am TARINTH, slayer of dragons and eater of souls!"...The orc scratches his head. "Who?"

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

Well, as far as Quintar is concerned, between the tent and the village, all will be well. He'll think of something when we get there. Hopefully.
    Rarity's number one admirer!
    Click on the dragon eggs to help them hatch and grow, or get some for yourself!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Okay. So everyone ready? ))

Night passes. After fixing up and consuming a breakfast made from what edible food could be salvaged from the orc camp, supplemented with some choice create food and water spells from Tianna. the refugees pack up and finish marching to Villmore.

After a few hours, they meet up with Tamboc at the village border.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi ya Tamboc. Looks like you got into a scrape. What happened?
    Then you recount the story as we travel, and we're all impressed. Hooray.

OK, I assume we're going to the town now unless something happens on the way.
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-04-27 at 11:29 AM.
    "I am TARINTH, slayer of dragons and eater of souls!"...The orc scratches his head. "Who?"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Halfling in the Playground

Azzy can't think of anything necessary that we need to do.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

(( How about overseeing the execution of the refugee housing plan? Assuming, of course, that Tamboc fills you in on it... ))
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2007-04-30 at 05:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

OK, well I will set up the huge tent. People probably wont want me to go house to house asking for supplies cuz I'm big and scary, so I suggest we have Mab or Tianna do that.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

((Or, you know, Diplo-Tianna and one of the 18 charisma people (Me or Tamb. Preferably Tamb).))

"Tamboc, you were truly valiant here. I applaud your efforts."
    Rarity's number one admirer!
    Click on the dragon eggs to help them hatch and grow, or get some for yourself!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah Quint, of course more than one person can go rally support. She can take whoever wants to go. I'm just suggesting stuff cuz nobody has really been posting.

DM, how specific do you want us to get with this thing? It seems like this is going to be a slow proccess. Can we assume that we make whatever diplomacy checks are needed to get food shelter, etc. Our diplomacy is pretty high off the bat without even rolling dice. How resistant are these people?

Also, should we be sending someone, like Tamboc cuz he's fast or myself cuz I'm useless for diplomacy, to find a means of permanent settlement for these people. I guess we need to contact a larger city and get the government involved in resettlement. I feel for these people, but Tarinth would rather leave this in the more capable hands of officials and go kick some evil but. After all, there is a war on and we are spiffy adventurers, not the renaissance red cross.
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-05-02 at 03:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

(( The town's already convinced. I was just hoping you'd at least say, "We'll make housing assignments..." I don't need details so much as a token gesture. I'm just trying to give you guys a chance to do something other than make attack and damage rolls. I know the situation was left vague, but I figured you guys would help fill in the details to an extent.

The only folks that you need to potentially worry about making diplomacy checks for are the ones that had to cave into peer pressure, but Tamboc knows who those folks are. Mab and Tianna can automatically smooth things over with them.

In any case, at the very least, I was hoping Tamboc would at least confirm that he's telling the rest of you guys what's going on. He hasn't even responded to your "What's happened?" question. *Hint, hint, Tamboc. Hint, hint.* ))

13. - Top - End - #313

((Sorry, after several weeks of posting 2 or 3 times a day on this thread, I guess I needed a little break. I'll try to be a little more active.))

Tamboc's recap of last night's events:

I came looking for help. Galen said he would help, and led me to his big friend. They attacked me. I killed the big guy, and Galen ran away ::scowl::. Then Vlodge helped me get the people ready.

((Hopefully someone thinks to ask Tamboc where the big guy's body is, as he's likely got some nice stuff on him.))

The biggest problem is housing. Tianna can deal with food, disease, healing, etc., at least for the short term. We'll need to assign housing. Each family can probably take 4 or 5 in, probably more if the outbuildings on a farm are used. Keep the sick, injured, weak, old, and young towards the center of town. Try to keep families together.

Once the basics are taken care of, Vlodge and Tianna (and maybe Quintar) should figure out where the best place to get more capable help from. Once they figure that out, Tamboc can head there as a messenger.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

again, I appologive for double posting. I don't know why this happened. As usual, I'm so confused. Meow?
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-05-03 at 09:05 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Yeah, I almost forgot about the bodies myself (yes, plural, read on... ) ))

Indeed, while exploring the stable, Tarinth finds a huge corpse. It's a large (to most people, but not to Tarinth anyway) man with tangled black hair, primitive-looking features, and dressed in dirty animal hides.

Also, in the bright light of day, Tarinth finds what appears to be left of the former occupants of the stable behind the building.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, poor horses. Well, I check the corpse over.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, on the corpse, you find nothing but dirty animal hides and a few parasites.

However, in one of the back stalls, you find a large sack containing...
    • 10 flares
    • 100 silver suns
    • Two reddish-green stones
    • A wooden spoon
    • sewing needle
    • chunk of cheese
    • 3 candles
    • drinking horn
    • lump of wax
    • cooking pot
    • bone comb (which, from the state of the corpse's hair, apparently saw little use)
    • haunch of horsemeat

Most of the items are clearly oversized. The one exception is the wooden spoon.
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2007-05-03 at 09:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I'm eating horse meat tonight, if it's not rotten of course. Mmm good.
    Did he have a weapon?
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-05-04 at 03:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope. Just rags, parasites, and the contents of that bag. Assuming the bag belonged to him, of course.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Halfling in the Playground

((Yay for more keep fund money.))

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Are we moving on? ))

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually, DM, as long as one person believes in the word boni, then it exists as a noun. It would only be true that it is not an english word, and as we all know english is derived from numerous languages and is very fond of breaking its own rules and being highly inconsistent. All vocabulary is subject to change over time and of course is prone to slang which eventually becomes the normal and acceptable vocabulary. Yet I'm sure you know all of this, so why the strange reference at the end of your posts?
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-06-08 at 10:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Can we keep Out of Character chatter out of the In-Character thread? ))

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

You are making your way through the deserted streets of Riventon. Now and then, you notice people peaking at you from the other side of windows. Strangely, you encounter no more resistance. You even reach within a few blocks of Kraen's estate, with a strange fortress towering over the cityscape, occupying the mansion's former location, and still the streets remain vacant.

(( Finally! Got a Map up! ))

25. - Top - End - #325

I think we're close enough for any spell with a 1 minute / level duration or longer to be cast.

From Tamboc:

golden barding (5 hours) on Squaw

delay poison (5 hours) on whoever wants it. I believe Azy has one prepared as well.

From Tianna:

neutralize poison (90 minutes) on Tamboc and Squaw

shield of faith (9 minutes) on herself and two others who want a +3 deflection bonus to AC (doesn't stack with rings of protection).

blindsight (9 minutes) on herself

spell resistance (9 minutes) on whoever wants it. It gives SR 21.

Right before/as battle begins, the plan for Tianna includes:

elation (9 rounds) on everyone. Grants +2 Dex bonus and +10 feet movement speed. (I think, I don't have BoED).

recitation (9 rounds) on everyone. Grants +3 luck bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and AC to everyone who worships Los; otherwise it's a +2 bonus.

Quintar, since you prepared Mab, do you want to run down what she's ready to cast?

Everyone else, who wants the four spells that I don't have targets for yet?
    Last edited by adanedhel9; 2007-07-02 at 10:24 AM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Elation: +2 morale bonus to Dex and Str, +5 ft. to speed

Mab has a ring of protection +1, but could still use that extra +2 to AC... She really needs to think about better protecting herself...

EDIT And, uh, it seems fire shield is a round/level spell...

Spell resistance grants SR 12 + Caster Level, so it should grant SR 21

And the only buff spell Mab has is four copies of heroism.

...Have marked the min/level spells cast even though some haven't been assigned targets yet. ))
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2007-06-26 at 08:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327

Quote Originally Posted by Shhalahr Windrider View Post
    EDIT And, uh, it seems fire shield is a round/level spell...
    Hmm, she probably won't cast it then. She's got better stuff to do once the battle starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shhalahr Windrider View Post
    Spell resistance grants SR 12 + Caster Level, so it should grant SR 21
    Yeah, I just noticed that myself without seeing your edit.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

wink Re: Magic Under the Sun

(( Oh, yeah! In addition to the herosims Mab also has the wand of fly, of course! ))

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

(( So...

Anyone want those spells floating around or what?

We have unclaimed:

I know you're all gonna take a charge from the wand of fly, of course. ))

30. - Top - End - #330

I'm pretty sure Tianna was going to take a heroism. I think Tamboc was as well, but he doesn't really need it, so if someone else wants it, they can take it. I would suggest Tarinth and Azy get the other two.

I just realized we can spread the spells around a little better. Tamboc will cast delay poison on himself and (via Share Spells) on Squaw. That'll free up the two neutralize poisons from Tianna for whoever wants them. I think Tianna should take one, since if she goes down we lose our ability to fight the poison. The weakest versus poison are Chonk, Mab, and Quintar. We'll probably also give Azy's antitoxins to whoever's left that's vulnerable, just in case.