New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Magic Under the Sun

Sounds good. I'll take a Heroism if knowbody wants it.
    "I am TARINTH, slayer of dragons and eater of souls!"...The orc scratches his head. "Who?"

2. - Top - End - #332
    Orc in the Playground

Yay, lo the valient Quintar was loathe to, he did dance over the draconic victory, his mighty sword shining as he did. Snicker-snack, snicker-snack... Then did the Warmage look at his allies and say:

"Verily, we shall charge upon our foes within! Nay, we shall not simply charge... we shall crush them!"

And lo, the warrior, he did continue his dance.

Rarity's number one admirer!
    Click on the dragon eggs to help them hatch and grow, or get some for yourself!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Okay, finally! Map is up! (Ignore the elevation marker on Tamboc. Forgot it was there and I don't want to correct it right now.)

Do we need a re-cap? ))

Initiative
    1. Tarinth
    2. Guard Captain
    3. Tianna
    4. Quintar
    5. Tamboc
    6. Shadow Elf Apprentices
    7. Guards
    8. Azadeth
    9. Elite Guards
    10. Mab
    11. Head Umbral Warlock
    12. Armored Shadow Elf
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2007-11-14 at 08:02 AM.
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes, lets recap please. I don't even remember who cast the wind spell or much else. I know we're stomping the elves and the dragon ran cuz we're so awesome, but I thought the big blue dot was guarding someone; Maybe I killed them. I don't really know what our goals are here.
    Also, I think I was grounded to stop the wind from affecting my movement, but I don't remember. I know I didn't like the idea of having to move in circlular fashion on the tower though. Besides, just touching the ground doen't end the spell if I need to fly someplace, right.
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-10-25 at 02:05 PM.
    "I am TARINTH, slayer of dragons and eater of souls!"...The orc scratches his head. "Who?"

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Recap:

Everyone buffed up with the appropriate protective spells, including fly. As the party flew to the dark tower, someone magically contacted Tamboc with a telepathic ultimatum that the party surrender or be destroyed. Tamboc refused, and the battle began.

The dragon attacked and quickly discovered its poisonous spittle was no use thanks to the hearty applications of delay poison, neutralize poison, and antitoxin (how obscene can a Fort save get?). However, this only caused the dragon to rely on liberal use of greater invisibility, dimension door, and curses of sickness to confuse the party.

Along with the dragon came a flight of shadow elf warlocks. From the tower also came attacks by shadow elf umbral mages and human archers, several of whom were armed with javelins of lightning. While Tamboc, Azadeth, and Tarinth primarily concentrated on fighting the dragon, the spellcasters whittled away at the warlocks and archers.

Soon, the guard captain took to the sky on winged boots to engage the party directly. He was quickly incapacitated by Mab's use of Tasha's hideous laughter.

Eventually the fight was joined by two more shadow elves. The cloaked one raised her hands to the sky and the air around the tower darkened and became a raging windstorm.

After the dragon was forced to retreat, Tarinth fought his way through the wind and engaged her armored bodyguard, who promptly displayed the ability to grow to humongous size, in battle.

The guard captain has since regained control of himself from Mab's spell and rejoined the battle on the rooftop.

The cloaked elf, her bodyguard, and the guard captain remain relatively fresh to the fight. Unfortunately, certain members of the party are not quite as fresh.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grrrr. Tarinth proceeds to smite the blue dot cuz it looks like it needs a spanking.

1stMaul (1d20+17=18, 2d8+8=16, 1d4+8=12) (Oops, I gave my +8 strength bonus to both damg rolls so just make the 1d4 a 4 although I highly doubt I hit with a 18 anyway. Stoopid natural one on my biggest bonus...mutter...mutter)
    2ndMaul (1d20+12=24, 2d8+8=18, 1d4=4)
    Claw (1d20+11=22, 1d6+8=11)

BTW DM, here are all of my bonuses if you're curious. I have metaphysical claw, inertial armor, concealing amorpha, precognitive deffense, biofeedback, delay poison, heroism, elation, and fly.

My current HP is 39 of 73
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-11-08 at 08:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Natural 1 is automatic failure anyway. BTW—you only get half Strength to damage when using claws as a secondary attacks. ))

(( And so you can make the appropriate adjustments on your own turn: The Wind is "Windstorm" level. If you're in the windstorm and are Medium size, make a DC 21 Fort save of be knocked around the circle counterclockwise 2d6 x 10 ft. and take 2d6 points nonlethal damage. If you are Large size, make the save or just be moved 1d6 x 10 ft.

The windstorm extends from 40 ft. above ground level to 80 ft. in the air. ))

The armored elf block's Tarinths blow with his shield. Despite this, one of the blows causes a satisfying crunch as the shield arm is pressed into the elf's ribcage.

The guard captain continues moving towards Tarinth then suddenly stops as if listening to something. He then shouts, "Guard, hold!"

Tianna bravely struggles against the wind to make it above the tower (( Fort Save vs. Wind (1d20+8=26) )).

(( Map Updated.

Tamboc's Up! Quintar's Up! (Oops, left him off the init. ))
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2007-11-12 at 10:08 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-11-13 at 02:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Uh, Tarinth's not even in the windstorm...

In any case, make the save on your turn. That's why I provided the direct information. ))

10. - Top - End - #340
    Dwarf in the Playground

Uh, I thought we were all in it, soo sorry. Besides, I thought that since it was my turn to attack the blue dot I should roll, but whatever. I was just trying to be a good monkey.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

Quintar charges opponent 1, slashing with his long sword.

Attack: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[3]

Isn't a 1 wisdom fun?

Wind Roll: (1d20+6)[9]

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

And since editing is not allowed with the roll system (if id disappeared, roll 23 for attack, 3 for damage, 9 for wind resist)

Here's my sheet, updated. Did I miss anything?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=6750

EDIT

Er, did a will, not fort save v wind. So, I apparently rolled a 3 versus the wind, so 3+10 = 13.
    Last edited by Entertainer13; 2007-11-14 at 01:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

(( The only place you cannot edit posts is the special die-rolling forum. Though even in the In-Character and Out-of-Character forums, you cannot add more die rolls when you edit.

Things missing on the sheet: Wisdom damage (put your modified score in the "Temp Score" area). Should have the effects of an elation (+2 morale to Str and Dex, +5 ft. speed) and recitation (+2 luck to AC, saves, and attack) as well. And did you have a delay poison or neutralize poison?

Though you do have a +2 marked in the "Temp modifier" of your basic attack and save sections. Is that from recitation?

By "Opponent #1", I'm assuming "Shadow Elf #1" since that's what's closest. (You don't have a clear charge line to "Elite Guard #1" anyway.) But you're too close to charge, and the wind is blowing you into him anyway, so it's only a charge in flavor. I assume you already added the nonlethal damage, too. Right? ))

Quintar is swept up by the wind. Unfortunately, it's only a glancing blow, leaving a large but minor gash.

(( Tamboc? ))

14. - Top - End - #344
    Barbarian in the Playground

((I presume only Squaw needs to make the Fort save?))
    ((Also, my detailed status info is in my apartment, 900 miles away. So I'm not sure what extra bonuses I have at the moment. For now I'll just run with the numbers I have.))

DC 21 Fortitude Save: (1d20+8)[13]
    Potential Distance: (1d6)[6]x10 ft.

Either way, Tamboc and Squaw will charge Shadow Apprentice #1, passing overhead via Ride-by Attack.

Attack Roll: (1d20+17)[27]
    Damage Roll: (1d8+5)[12] x2 = 24
    Last edited by adanedhel9; 2007-11-14 at 05:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamboc and Squaw struggle against the wind but manage to fly past the shadow elf Quintar is engaging, opening its side with Tamboc's sword.

The wounded elf retreats to the one area of darkness still open. As it creeps around the middle tower, its own field of darkness begins to light up again. Meanwhile, the other two elves attempt to distract the flying paladin by shooting more of those shadowy arrows at him. Only one finds its target (( 7 nonlethal damage )).

Meanwhile, the human guard that was harassing Tarinth backs off. In fact, all the human guards stop moving towards the fight. They keep their weapons out and keep a cautious eye on the fight, but it's pretty clear they are intend to the shadow elves carry the fight on their own for the time being.

(( Azzy! ))

16. - Top - End - #346
    Halfling in the Playground

Can I attack Shadow Aprentice 1?

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

(( The wind storm makes archery impossible. However, you should be able to move either into the eye or above the storm itself as part of a full move and shoot at the elf without interference. ))

18. - Top - End - #348

Alright. I'll move into the eye of the storm and shoot arrows at the nearest target I can. It's hard for me to decifer who I can target.

The only isue is what my modifiers are. I would normally get a +11 on my first two attacks and a +6 on my third, but I can't remember what other bonuses I get with my rolls. I think with bonuses I get an extra +3, but I could be wrong. Just subtract if I added wrong.

Arrow Attacks 1, 2, & 3 (1d20+14=24, 1d20+14=18, 1d20+9=28)
    Arrow Damage 1, 2, & 3 (1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=5, 1d8+1=3)

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Moving into the eye is a move action, so you would be unable to take a full attack. (At least your Seeking bow ignores concealment... ) ))

Azadeth flies directly into the eye of the storm, seemingly ignoring the wind in his path (( Fort Save vs. Wind (1d20+15=35) )). Once safely in the eye of the storm, he fires an arrow at the wounded shadow elf and the elf falls.

You notice now that even the more heavily armed human guards with the shinier armor are holding off thei attacks.

Mab is violently blown about buy the wind (( Fort Save vs. Wind (1d20+7=8); She ends about 10 ft. behind and 10 ft. to the right of Tamboc. )). Fed up with the wind, she grabs one of the wands by her belts and uses it to add a bit of mass with an enlarge person spell.

The shadow elf in the cloak yells "Jack! What the hell are you doing?!" As she shouts this, she takes a step backward and waves a hand at Quintar.

Quintar feels the magical energy surround him. Suddenly, the spells protecting him begin to fail. And fail violently. For each dweomer that fails, there is a strong and painful magical backlash. He is no longer quite so sure of himself (( elation gone, take 2 damage )), nor does the divine luck seem to be with him (( recitation gone, take 4 damage )). Most horrendously, he falls from the sky (fly gone, 3 damage from spell failing; Reflex Save to Grab Wall (1d20+4=5), 16 falling damage )). (( 25 damage total ))

The large armored shadow elf steps back a moment and stares at Tarinth. A loud ringing sound accompanies the mental assault. Tarinth collapses and is reduced to -1 hp (( The result of a psychic crush; Will Save 17 (I forgot the +4 modifier mentioned in the spell description )).

Tarinth lies unconcious.

The guard captain shouts to the cloaked elf, "They're your responsibility for the time being." He gives a bemused laugh, "Besides, looks like you've got things in hand."

(( [i]Recitation ends. Take off your luck bonuses, everyone! )) Cursing the ill luck, Tianna quickly flies to Tarinth's side. Although this brings her within reach of the armored shadow elf, she nimbly dodges his attempted blow. She plies healing magic into Tarinth's unconcious form (( heals 15 hp )).

(( Make a stabilization check, before applying the healing, Tarinth. It will determine whether you apply the healing to -1 or -2 hp. (Of course, you are still prone.

Quint's Up ))

(( Map Updated. ))
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2007-11-21 at 08:12 AM. Reason: A Nat 20 save deserves a more heroic description

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow, the psychic crush did 40 damage! Holy brainblast batman, that's one nasty wasty wabbit!

Anywho, A stabalization check is 10% on a d10, right?, so here goes.
    To stabalize the Big Boss Kitty (1d10=6)

Oh well, 13 hp is still better than poor Quint. I'm fine here Mab, thanks to you. Go see how quint is doing.
    Of course, I guess I can't really say that until my turn, but whatever, it's only flavor text.

For future refference, what's it gonna cost me to stand up and attack the blue dot. Do I take attacks of opportunity for standing up in front of him? Do I only get one attack? Also, what are my melee options prone.
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-11-21 at 11:33 AM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Standing up from prone is a move action that provokes attacks of opportunity. Since it's a move action you'll only be able to take a single attack on the turn you stand up (which won't be until next round, as you were unconcious and trying to stabilize on your turn this round). Being prone inflicts a -4 penalty on both your melee attacks and your AC against melee attacks (though it grants a +4 bonus to AC against ranged attacks).

While prone, you can crawl up to five ft. as a move action, but that also provokes attacks of opportunity.

You can prevent attacks of opportunity by obtaining some sort of cover or total concealment or hoping the shadow elf uses all his attacks of opportunity for the round before your next turn. If you have any powers that can push him away or daze or stun him and you trust your ability to manifest defensively, you could use one of those, too. (P.S. it would be nice if you put your powers on the online sheet, too.)

Of course, your concealing amorpha may provide protection even though it's only partial concealment.

If you're nice, Tianna (she's the one that healed you ) may provide cover for you. ))

22. - Top - End - #352
    Orc in the Playground

Quintar rises and prepares to move into a hiding position. Due to the move action it takes for the haversack and to rise, Quint will hold his action.

"Dang..."

((I'm having trouble with Myth-Weavers, so I'll edit my character sheet later)).

23. - Top - End - #353

Squaw will touch down momentarily, allowing Tamboc to quickly dismount (Ride check DC 20 (1d20+15)[26]) onto the tower.

Squaw will then launch forward and up, flying clockwise around the tower. ((Squaw loses delay poison)).

Tamboc will hop down onto the square to the right of the tower (what sort of action is that? I suppose a jump check would be involved... not exactly sure how you want to rule that. Here it is anyway: (1d20+6)[23]).

• If Tamboc is prone at this point, he'll stand up.
    • If Tamboc is on his feet,
      • and if he can still move in the whatever action it took to hop down, he'll move up to the Head Umbral Warlock and take a swing. (1d20+20)[29], (1d8+6)[11].
      • and if he just has a standard action left, he'll take a swing at the Armored Shadow Elf. (1d20+20)[35], (1d8+6)[11].
      • and if he just has a move action left, he'll advance on the Head Umbral Warlock.
      • and if he has no actions left, don't do anything.
    Last edited by adanedhel9; 2007-11-26 at 07:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

As Quintar recovers from his fall, Tamboc bravely dismounts Squaw and leaps 10 ft. down from the tower (( Jumping down is part of movement, a successful Jump check negated the damage so you land on your feet. Plus the armored elf's AoO hasn't refreshed for the round. You're gold! )). He then cuts in to the cloaked elf. The warlock screams, but whether it is in pain or just frustration, none can tell.

The elf on the tower nearest the main fight (( Apprentice #2 )) grabs a second wand from its belt and points it at Tamboc. The area grows dark again.

The other elf (( #3 )) sends another dusk arrow at Azadeth, which hits him in the chest (( 6 nonlethal damage )).

The crowd of human soldiers jeer the combatants on.

(( Azzy's Up! ))

25. - Top - End - #355

#3's getting some arrows going his way. I'm not suyre of the penalties I'll have, if any, but again, subtract when necessary.

Arrow Attacks 1, 2, & 3 (1d20+14=26, 1d20+14=22, 1d20+9=15)
    Arrow Damage 1, 2, & 3 (1d8+1=8, 1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=5)

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

(( I forgot to mention in the last post that Tamboc can tell the wounds he inflicted seemed to close up a bit as he inflicted him. Yeah, she's got DR... ))

The first of Azadeth's arrows gouges a wound the elf's shoulder near the neck. The other does likewise in the shadow elf's side. The whole ordeal leaves the dark creature badly wounded.

Mab fights against the wind to reach Quintar. As she does so, she grabs another wand from her belt. Upon reaching Quintar, she proclaims, "You're no good to us down here!" and touches him with the wand while chanting a quick word of arcane power. (( She has restored Quintar's ability to fly )) "Now, if you hold on, I'll give you a bit of wind resistance."

The cloaked elf engaging Tamboc takes a step back and raises her hands. A torrent of arcane energy issues forth and engulf's Tamboc. It feels to Tamboc almost like he is on fire. (( 30 damage )).

The armored shadow elf takes several swipes at the now-concious Tarinth with his sword. They cut right through Tarinth's concealing curtain of ectoplasm (( Concealing Amorpha 76% and 48% )) On the first strike, Tarinth feels the blade cut in, augmented with the mental power of pure hatred (( 11 damage, not counting biofeedback's reduction—you can track that yourself )). Though the second blow is not augmented in such a way, it still hurts (( 8 damage, once again not counting biofeedback )).

Suddenly, the two minotaurs that retreated earlier phase back up through the ground around Quintar and Mab. They point at the two wizards and one says in halting Common, "You under arrest. Surrender or die!"

"Oh, crap!"

(( Tarinth, please update your sheet with current status effects, or I'm going to forget there there, and you'll be denied their benefit. You're lucky I remembered concealing amorpha and biofeedback. ))

(( Tarinth's up. Since I don't know if he augmented his biofeedback or not, I don't know if he's concious... We might just be waiting for a stabilization check. ))

(( Map Updated. Remember, despite appearances, Quintar, Mab, and the Minotaurs are well below the edges of the shadowy area and wind and are therefore currently unaffected. ))

(( Oh, and Tarinth, if by chance you happen to have 1 or more HP remaining, you can take Total Defense while standing up. I consider that to be part of movement. ))
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2007-11-29 at 10:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Dwarf in the Playground

DR 3, so that's 8 and 5 damage for 13, So I'm at 0.

Stabalization check (1d10=1)

Please don't threaten to take my buffs. I told you all my buffs already. The only thing you realy needed to know that I forgot to tell you in my buff post was my AC, which is curently 26. I never had recitation, so until Elation ends, I'm still at that, unless elation ended and I didn't notice, in which case my AC is 25.
    Last edited by Tarinth; 2007-11-29 at 02:02 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358

Hey now, I thought we decided that darkness didn't effect daylight.

Quoth the SRD:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    Higher level light spells are not affected by darkness.
    Tarinth, you don't need to make a stabilization check at HP 0. You're not dying. Yet.
    Last edited by adanedhel9; 2007-11-29 at 01:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, forget the check. Am I still conscious?

30. - Top - End - #360

No, you are disabled. Not unconscious, but hurt bad enough that your choices are limited.
    Last edited by adanedhel9; 2007-11-29 at 02:24 PM.