New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 8

I have two reasons why I didn't have the Shikai in this draft:

1: There was too great a similarity between the originally proposed effect, and the one I had planned for The Count's Doll.

2: I rather like the idea of having the relationship between wielder and wielded develop in RP. I've gotten bored with Shikai/Bankai being treated as simple powers, and would very much like to stress both the development between the two aspects of the person. Besides, a theatrical reveal in the end of a tough fight would be a great way to wrap up the bout.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

2. - Top - End - #242

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post

1: There was too great a similarity between the originally proposed effect, and the one I had planned for The Count's Doll.

2: I rather like the idea of having the relationship between wielder and wielded develop in RP. I've gotten bored with Shikai/Bankai being treated as simple powers, and would very much like to stress both the development between the two aspects of the person. Besides, a theatrical reveal in the end of a tough fight would be a great way to wrap up the bout.
    While I agree with you on number two, it still is fairly impossible to be VC of ANYTHING in soul society and not know Shikai. You have to be pretty new/low ranking not to. Your character is definitely at a rank where they should know Shikai. That doesn't mean you can't make learning Bankai a character development plot. That's what I'm doing, and since Moon Wolf RP's my character's captain, I'm gonna force him (?) to participate/help.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post

1. Ah, I see.

2. I very much like the character as is. I was simply voicing that outloud. I figured that was why you left it blank at any rate

While I agree with you on number two, it still is fairly impossible to be VC of ANYTHING in soul society and not know Shikai. You have to be pretty new/low ranking not to. Your character is definitely at a rank where they should know Shikai. That doesn't mean you can't make learning Bankai a character development plot. That's what I'm doing, and since Moon Wolf RP's my character's captain, I'm gonna force him (?) to participate/help.
    I'd agree with you, if this were the Gotei 13. But Shikai and Bankai are not as important as skill in Kido in the Kido Corp. While surely Shikai, and Bankai are great talents and promise you high ranks within your Cell, and previous Kido Commanders would demand Shikai of their Vice Commander. Well...

Takeshi is not a standard commander. He's a kid with his own ideals. His own philosophies. Many of them counter to the Kido Corp's well established traditions. I wrote him and the way the Kido Corp is set up for a great many reasons, and hope to flesh out our Kido Corp, and its interaction with our game world much more expansivly then canon or even the original game. Both places I felt were drastically under-represented, which is why I moved Takeshi from the Gotei 13 to his current place to begin with.

As it stands, its up to the Captain or leader of a Division to accept or decline membership. Yama Yuuta is accepted. Over and over again if its required. That is if he is deemed balanced by the community.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-14 at 04:06 AM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #244

I <3 you too, Innis.
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2010-06-14 at 04:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

5. - Top - End - #245

1. Ah, I see.

2. I very much like the character as is. I was simply voicing that outloud. I figured that was why you left it blank at any rate

I'd agree with you, if this were the Gotei 13. But Shikai and Bankai are not as important as skill in Kido in the Kido Corp. While surely Shikai, and Bankai are great talents and promise you high ranks within your Cell, and previous Kido Commanders would demand Shikai of their Vice Commander. Well...

Takeshi is not a standard commander. He's a kid with his own ideals. His own philosophies. Many of them counter to the Kido Corp's well established traditions. I wrote him and the way the Kido Corp is set up for a great many reasons, and hope to flesh out our Kido Corp, and its interaction with our game world much more expansivly then canon or even the original game. Both places I felt were drastically under-represented, which is why I moved Takeshi from the Gotei 13 to his current place to begin with.

As it stands, its up to the Captain or leader of a Division to accept or decline membership. Yama Yuuta is accepted. Over and over again if its required. That is if he is deemed balanced by the community.
    Well in that case, please accept my squinty eyed smiley face of approval.~~> ^_^
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246

It was said at the start of our discussion we were supposed to pick a few general directions we wanted to take the game. I applied it to the growth and direction I wanted to see in what ever Division I was placed in by the Central 5.

Those themes are "Over turning Tradition" and "Establishing a new order based on the current mortal world in the Kido Corp."
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #247

Oh yay! The Kyasarin and Dorizzit's character is gonna start today! Hopefully they will finish before anyone can report to Captain Yuuki.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    A minute later a young woman emerges, looking to be of a similar age to the students at the school. She is fairly short. Her black hair is kept short and slightly spiked out to the back, part of her bangs are kept to the side with a white hairclip. She is wearing gray clothing and a red apron as she brings the drinks around to the tables.
    No maid outfits? What kind of cafe is this?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    No maid outfits? What kind of cafe is this?
    Indeed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

I have corrected this clear error.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    But I've met people in their 90's.

Yes, not aging physically would be a factor. But it's not like she's 1000 years old or something. If she moves around occasionally, that should at least provide new experiences...

Whatever.
    "I find it exceedingly funny that I, the grandfather / -mother of soul-eating monstrosities, am better adjusted mentally than these brats."

". . ."

"Keep them away from me!"

@Prime: who's that?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @Prime: who's that?
    http://bleachitp-reborn.wikidot.com/...irene-klossner

13. - Top - End - #253

I have corrected this clear error.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have passed my test and now can be my friend.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

Reposting Serazel with a few changes. Should be sufficient, I believe.

Serazel Guerrero
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Serazel Guerrero
    Aspect of Death: Protection
    Animal: Crow
    Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In life, Serazel used to be one of many English bowmen during the Hundred Years War. To him, keeping his squadmates safe and sound was the highest of his duties. He took this to heart first and foremost - having no family of his own, he felt it was his duty to keep those who did alive. As happens to many good soldiers, he eventually met his end - a French crossbowman put a bolt through his chest. Once dead, the despair of failing what he felt was his personal mission accelerated his descent into a Hollow's existence. First, he consumed his former squad mates, one by one - and then, other soldiers in the battlefield he died in.
    Word got out, and being that it wasn't a strategic place anyway, conflict eventually ceased in the region. With none left to devour, Serazel wandered into Hueco Mundo. The word 'Hollow' would seldom seem as fitting for a lost soul such as he. Even consumed as they were, the feeling of the souls of his fallen squadmates drove him onward, mantaining his headstrong personality intact enough that he managed to get through the process that changes a Hollow into an Arrancar. Survival of the fittest was just a different kind of battlefield, after all.
    But this time he had no one to protect. No one to fight for. Hueco Mundo had, thus far, shown him nothing of the warmth his former life allowed him, distorted as it was. He started looking for someone to protect. The only way to protect someone in Hueco Mundo was to serve him or her. And to serve someone, you needed to have some sort of talent.
    At least that much he was provided. His former life taught him how to hide. Surviving through Arrancarization taught him how to do it well - better than anyone. Better than any hunter. Learning how to escape when the enemy was too strong made him fast. In other words, slowly he started to become the perfect spy.
    Spies were in relatively short supply in Hueco Mundo. Muscle? You could practically scoop it out of the ground. Tacticians? Enough of them to go around. Researchers? No need for more. Spies, though? Yeah, they could probably use some!
    That's how he ended up a Fraccion.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Serazel is straightforward. He spares precious little words, and isn't prone to jokes, though he does have a sense of humor - a strange one at that. He tends to keep to himself, his thoughts unimportant until actually requested. He has a strange side in that he dislikes to fight anyone if not one-on-one - he doesn't know how to deal with groups. It's not that he can't fight them, it's that such situations tend to remind him of his former life - and those who fight to protect something are too remniscent of himself for his tastes.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illusions:
    Serazel has the ability to create illusions, often used to misdirect his opponents. They present audible, visual, olfactory and even thermic components, but not tactile. He typically uses this ability to confuse his enemies by making copies of himself, smoke screens, or creating camouflage to hide him from visual detection.
    General abilities:
    Bala del Cazador (Hunter's Bala): Serazel's unique form of Bala is a combination of his impressive Reiatsu control and his Sonido. The impact of his individual Bala is relatively small - however, it is even faster than the average Bala, and is usable in almost gatling-like succession. It also has a strange property - Bala del Cazador is attracted to Reiatsu, not only his opponent's, but that of his other Bala. This creates a spread, random effect with absolutely no predictable pattern that is similar to a cue ball hitting a formation of other balls in billiards. The resulting barrage is extremely difficult to dodge or contain, and until they hit their target or run out of energy, the bala continue to ricochet off themselves and invisible "walls" (actually, the resulting curve from being attracted to each other). However, the diminished impact makes it so that opponents with a greater defense capability sustain minor damage at best, and the effect only mantains its greatest efficiency when focused on a single target or against several weak targets. It's more usable as a hindering tool rather than a form of attack, depending on the opponent at hand.
    Sonido: Along with his Reiatsu control, this is Serazel's specialty. Combined with his ability to create illusions, it makes him a difficult opponent to deal with, but not impossible. His capability at this is most definitely first-rate.
    Cero: Being that the Cero's power is directly proportional to one's Reiatsu output rather than control thereof, and that Serazel's primary function is as a spy rather than as a combatant, his Cero is merely ordinary. It doesn't have a particularly large blast area nor possesses great destructive power - overall, its very owner considers it useless.
    Reiatsu Control: Nothing short of impressive. When stalking a target, the Fraccion is capable of reducing his Reiatsu very, very close to zero. He becomes exceedingly difficult to detect in this manner, making him quite good at his primary function. That doesn't mean it's impossible to find him, but a tracker would have to be attentive to the minute signs of his presence, making it difficult to spot him as a reflex. Unfortunately for him, his ability to mantain such a state in combat is reduced, making it more useful as a sneaking and getaway tool rather than a combat one.
    Hierro: Normally his weakest quality along with his Cero, Serazel can only artificially increase his Hierro by means of his control of Reiatsu, and even so, not by too much. This makes him unable to attack or escape as effectively as normal, though, and as a result he only uses this to cover someone else's escape (though he prefers to distract the opponent with Bala del Cazador instead).
    Garganta: Very limited. Typically, he is only able to open a passage for himself and perhaps one other. Even so, it closes quickly, and he can't do much with it.
    Pesquisa: Average. Serazel tends to count more on his ability to remain undetected than his ability to scout at a range.
    Negácion: Not capable of that yet, or most likely, ever.
    Zanpakutou: Avanzo Inexorable (Unstoppable Advance)
    Release: Levantate, Avanzo Inexorable (Stand, Unstoppable Advance)
    Ressurrección:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avanzo Inexorable gives him a mask resembling a crow's beak (not unlike that of a certain character from Gatchaman), bird-like "leggings" that ends in clawed feet (strangely articulate), black bird-like wings and talons, and makes his sword (normally a tanto without a tsuba, or guard) disappear. In this form, Serazel's already amazing speed increases, as does his Reiatsu. His wings provide him with a "shield" of sorts, since despite being flexible and allowing him full-range flight, they actually possess a respectable Hierro. They're also sharp, and can be used as a weapon, though the talons at his fingertips are more effective in that regard. They can be shot forward like projectiles, followed by very resillient strings of Reishi. Expectedly, these "strings" cut like sharp razor wire, though Serazel prefers to use them to strangle his opponents more often than not. Should the talons be destroyed or the strings be cut, their reishi dissipates and returns to him to reform - the same happens to his wings, though depending on the extension of the damage this can take longer.

Segunda Etapa:
    Not yet attained.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Halfling in the Playground

I am back...I can't believe I managed to get twelve+ hours of sleep....it's eleven am here, pretty much...

Reading the Hueco Mundo threads....I am genuinely scared of Cheng Mei now.

And I'll get right to sticking your character in the write-up and the wiki, riccaru.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

No complaints here, Kuroimaken.

Hadrian, welcome back. While I reiterate my opinion of Shunko as a Captain-level tech, I suppose it'll be fine for your KC Vice-Captain to have, given the limits of his mobility and his lack of zanpaktou releases.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-06-14 at 09:56 AM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Reading the Hueco Mundo threads....I am genuinely scared of Cheng Mei now.
    "Make love, not war."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-14 at 09:53 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #258

Think you posted in the wrong thread Kurama.
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "Make love, not war."
    I swear to god, I pity the sucker that fights her one day...

@Kurama: InyutheBeatIs said they were going to make a CC for Unit 3. As for Unit 5...no takers yet. Anyone?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    I swear to god, I pity the sucker that fights her one day...
    "They can go up against my own type of 'befriending'. <3"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #261

*Yuuki folds himself into an impossibly tiny ball and hides in the deepest, darkest cache, in the deepest, darkest hallway*
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

22. - Top - End - #262

Well it was originally just going to be side stuff added to my actually RP post, but then it turned out Dorizzit hadn't posted because he left, and it was already all typed up right there, so I just posted it... Sorry.

Also, I'd love it if Yuuki found them fighting. It would be funny and plot perfect. (In fact it was what I was aiming for when I started the fight). The truth is, she does have a good reason for the fight, it's just the methods she decided to use to teach a trouble maker a lesson weren't the best.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

And NOW we know what Von Geister keeps Mei around for: her own unique brand of psychological warfare.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #264

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    And NOW we know what Von Geister keeps Mei around for: her own unique brand of psychological warfare.
    *shake*

*shudder*

!

NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

26. - Top - End - #266

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    Well it was originally just going to be side stuff added to my actually RP post, but then it turned out Dorizzit hadn't posted because he left, and it was already all typed up right there, so I just posted it... Sorry.

Also, I'd love it if Yuuki found them fighting. It would be funny and plot perfect. (In fact it was what I was aiming for when I started the fight). The truth is, she does have a good reason for the fight, it's just the methods she decided to use to teach a trouble maker a lesson weren't the best.
    Double-posting....well, I just posted Yuuki (didn't see your post until after I'd posted mine), so maybe you can post her seeing him coming. And I agree, the results most definitely would be....amusing.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #267

You people scare to easy.
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, they do... I mean, Mei isn't a sadist, even.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah yes, I need to get a writeup done for Aléjandro's sector of Las Noches. Which will probably delay his introduction, as I'd rather have the geography of the place sorted before I write anything IC.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Ah yes, I need to get a writeup done for Aléjandro's sector of Las Noches. Which will probably delay his introduction, as I'd rather have the geography of the place sorted before I write anything IC.
    I'm kind of waiting on that myself.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune