New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Planejammer: Blue Party IC

Spoiler
    Show
    No. Not that it particularly matters, unless you had something incredible to share with him?

Which reminds me, you can't go 72 hours without sleep either. Someone is going to need to take the helm on the Midnight Owl at some point.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

True. Our undead doesn't need to sleep, but apart from that, we others have to take turns.
    Anyway, let's get flying.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Now clear of any gravitational hazards, you distance yourselves sufficiently from the Peryton, then snap back from tactical to crusing speed, jetting forward in an intense rush.

Eight hours later, however, you notice the Peryton's speed dip horribly, and both vessels drop to tactical speed.

Fash is getting somewhat tired from piloting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Plan now?
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I just wanted to say what I said. Nothing remarkable, but an experiment.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldin sighs and pulls himself off the throne. 'Honestly, why do I do that? I don't need to breath. Damn force of habits.[/i]

He would then move slowly, carefully out of the cabin. He wasn't sure what his body would feel like after moving like that, and he didn't want to take any unnecessary risks... even if he hated doing anything slowly.

With a casual glance to the other ship Aldin could only grin a little to himself. There was no doubt that Fash was getting tired. Unlike himself, everyone else actually needed some sleep.

Raising his voice Aldin yells over to the rest of his teammates.

"I'm out of juice! We can try bringing Draka over and see how much power we can get from him or we can just leave the damn thing! Your call!"
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Aldin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel the tiniest flickering of a spark within you. Every time you try to refill your incantations, it flares briefly before subsiding. Given sufficient time, your powers should return.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldin makes his way onto the other ship after the decision to leave it was made. He then makes his way to the helm.

"You're getting tired. Let me pilot this thing until we get there. You take over during combat and check up every couple of hours to make sure everything is running smoothly."

As soon as Fash moves Aldin takes up the helm. Unless someone insists other-whys he really doesn't take no for an answer. Aldin only takes a break from his duty if some Space Pigeon takes a **** on him. He will then stop the ship and kill said bird, clean up, and move on.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Matar View Post
    Space Pigeon takes a **** on him.
    Don't tempt me. You have no idea what kind of "pigeons" they have in space.

Two days pass by uneventfully, but on the third day, only 16 hours out from H'Catha, your ship suddenly begins shuddering as it is caught in a gravitational field. Aldin pulls the ship down to tactical speed.

A trio of large, elegant wooden vessels, rigged with marvelous sails, is heading in the same direction from which you were coming. A strange optical disturbance lingers under each one, as though the space there was rippling slightly.

The three ships slow, and for a moment nothing transpires. Then, a plane image oriented vertically appears on the bow of your ship, a translucent moving picture of an elfwoman in a wooden room. It speaks:

"This is Captain Allisentia of the IEN Noarunlani. You are not on the hailing grid. Please identify yourselves via flare or semaphore, or else slow to a stop and stand down from your weapons so that you may be boarded."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldin looks at the image. His face shows no emotion at all, although on the inside he finds the whole thing rather amazing.

"Hi."
    He deadpans, unsure as to what to say. He then turns around and yells to everyone else on the ship. Making damn sure they can hear him.

"'Oy, guys! Get your asses up here now! I am not qualified for this!"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[24] profession 'jammer. Am I aware of the Imperial Elf Navy, and cognisant enough of their signalling protocols to make a response?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Pomjmur
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are aware of the Imperial Elven Navy and understand that Realmspace is a major sphere for them. Since you don't know semaphore and have no flares, though, I doubt you'll be able to transmit a message. You understand, however, that the boarding request is merely a precaution since the Midnight Owl is not on the hailing grid.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldin looks at his teammates who (I suppose) surround him. "So, do I bring this for a stop, give the controls to Fash, or what now?"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

The Giff squinted at the ships, then called out,

"Bring us to a full stop, Mr. Aldin! We're outnumbered, outgunned, and most importantly, not their enemy. At least, not yet. Those there are ships of the Imperial Elven Navy: Real heavy hitters in these parts of the planes. We're on their turf: This should just be a formality. They want to know why they're unable to talk to us. Be on your best behaviour, lads: This is a proper military, which means they'll abide by their own rules. Let 'em come aboard."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

With a nod Aldin brings the ship to a full stop. It's more then a little obvious that he's not a skilled pilot, but he gets the job done. After doing so he takes his Scythe from his back and props it against the Helm.

"Done."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

The Giff nodded curtly, keeping his eyes on the IEN ships.

"Very good. Everyone away from our ship-to-ship armaments as well. We don't want them getting the wrong idea."

For his own part, he held up his empty hands, palms open. Technically he could summon his anchor chain into his grip faster than most people could blink, but that really wasn't relevant at this precise moment in time. The chain stayed at his waist, and his arquebus remained slung on his shoulder, safety on.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

A small skiff detaches from the lead vessel and approaches slowly. It stops, and several elves wreathed in bizarre entangling vines float up into the Midnight Owl's air envelope, where they climb on deck with ease.

The lead elfwoman approaches the helm, looking around. "You are not on the hailing grid. Has your hailing engine broken, or do you perhaps - " - she sneers - "conduct business of a quieter variety?"

Barely pausing, she continues her examination. "Not any make of vessel with which I am familiar. From what port do you call, and what is your destination?"

Lastly, she locks eyes on Aldin, and this time the sneer is prominent. "An undead helmsman. Somewhat suspicious, wouldn't you say? This will be noted. And what 'make' of undead might you be, sir?"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

'Snarky, isn't she?' Aldin was slightly amused by how this whole thing was going. It wasn't the first time he met someone who found his undead nature distasteful. Hell, most people were like that. It didn't exactly bother him, however. Most undead were vengeful creatures that brought death everywhere they went and fed on the innocent. It made sense for them to be wary around him.

Lastly, she locks eyes on Aldin, and this time the sneer is prominent. "An undead helmsman. Somewhat suspicious, wouldn't you say? This will be noted. And what 'make' of undead might you be, sir?"
    With a small smile Aldin gave a small bow. "The type that refuses to die, M'lady. A attractive women like yourself deserves a better answer then that, but I'm afraid I can't give you one." He laughs a little, enjoying himself. "You see, one day I was killed and told death to go to hell. So... here I am."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

She whips out a wand, faster than thought, and aims it squarely at Aldin.

"Don't get coy with me, dead thing. Answer the question."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldin raises both hands in the air. The small smile is still on his face, as if amused by her seriousness. He liked people like that, although he had a feeling she might be a stick in the mud. Who knows?

'I wonder what spell is in that wand... no, nevermind. Don't be stupid. I don't want to find out.'

Deciding to be slightly serious Aldin answers her. "I was being honest M'lady. I have no damn idea. I've been this way for a very long time, but I've found anyone else like me." A pause. "I've only recently started travling the planes, so there may be a name for what I am... but like I said, I have no idea."
    Last edited by Matar; 2010-07-09 at 10:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

The elfwoman gives Aldin a vicious glare, but she stows her wand.

"You shall answer the rest of my questions, of course." It is not a request.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Fash grins at the banter. And decides to wait on the explanations until they ask again. He decides not to answer, since he's not very sure of the mission himself, only having heard second hand details. Something about finding a fleet and destroying all survivors. Perhaps they meant this fleet? He chuckles quietly, since he knew enough that it wasn't the elves that needs eliminating.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aldin, make your Diplo check! You might just get her!

He however, decides to spread his hands from his body, drawing attention to the lack of detectable armor and weapons. His mundane chainmail is under his robes, over his explorer's shirt. And his 2 weapons is hidden in his sleeves. He hopes they don't check, though he's fairly confident they'll never find it. And even if they did, surely they won't bother with 2 small daggers?

Spoiler
    Show
    BTW, didn't get to respond, but can we assume we use our daily spells on healing right before we slept, and healed up? 2 days means 2 CSWs from me. And +12HP from natural healing. We should be topped up.

EDIT: Aw, ninjaed.
    Last edited by 2xMachina; 2010-07-09 at 11:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Each of you is accosted by an elf and searched thoroughly.

The leader waits impatiently.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

What weapons the Giff had were obvious and blatant: They were not hidden away, even though the purpose of the anchor chain might not be immediately apparent.

"We did not hail from this plane, Officer. This ship is leased: Given the relative haste of our mission, we accepted what was available, regrettably a model without a hailing engine. Our initial port of call was the planar nexus known as Sigil: We had been made aware of a potential Neogi infestation in need of elimination, and are headed on a course to verify that and do so.

As for our life-challenged crewmate, I can vouch for him upon my honour as a Giff and upon the weapons of my forebears. I do not know what type or kind of undead he may be, but I have never in all the time of our association seen him prey upon the living to derive sustenance, nor has he exercised irrational hatred towards those more vital than himself, nor has he ever in any way created anything like himself. As you can hear, he is sentient, cogent and reasonable in his dealings. There are far stranger things than he on the planes."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

When the Elf does the search of Aldin they find nothing of interest. Being an undead who could create his own weapons out of thin air made it pointless to carry hidden weapons and the like.

Although he toyed with the idea of hiding a pair of lockpicks inside his own body. Just in case he was ever locked up somewhere and couldn't use his magics...

When he hears the Giff's words Aldin can't help but smile a little. It was nice to be trusted. Even with his unnatural charisma it was hard to make friendly with people who either already hated you or ran away in fear.

"Thank you." Aldin nods to the Giff.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Sighing, Fash doesn't attempt to hide his quickrazors. For all they know it's just a weak weapon. In fact, it probably is. His skill with it is the one that makes it useful.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

The elfwoman's eyebrows raise. "Planejammers. In search of neogi, you say? We haven't had a report of active neogi in Realmspace in months, and certainly none this far out. What is your course?"

The elf patting Fash down locates the quickrazors and appears to recognize them. ""Hidden weapons, Lieutenant."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Sighing, Fash says, "They're just daggers. You never did ask me to declare my weapons. Don't you keep daggers on you when you have no other weapons?"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

"Our destination is one of the satellites of H'Catha, where the alleged sighting was reported."

Pomjmur turned towards the elf frisking Fash, frowning,

"He doesn't exactly have anywhere else to put them, does he? They weren't hidden, they're just very small weapons on a very small crewman. On a Giff, a blade that size certainly be classed as a hidden weapon, but frankly he had them where he usually does. Relative to his scale, they're regular sidearms: There is no intent to conceal there, and it dishonours the reputation of the fleet to baselessly assume so."
    Last edited by AJ_Impy; 2010-07-10 at 10:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

"No," the elf says wryly, "wands."

"And in the hands of a... gnome, those aren't just 'ordinary daggers'. Even a winged gnome, I'm willing to bet. I might have believed you, giff, were they not up his sleeves in a concealment position."

The lieutenant gives Fash a very sharp look, but waves the crewman away.

"H'catha is outside of our normal operations. I hope you are well-provisioned, for apart from the water disc, the Spindle holds nothing to restock from. Ware the eye tyrants."

The lieutenant turns to depart.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2010-07-10 at 10:43 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

He rolled his eyes, shaking his head wearily.

"Wait a minute. Are you seriously suggesting that my gnomish crewmate has a weapon with which he can actually be effective and useful in battle? Who would have thought? The very idea that anyone would have weapons in whose use they are trained is ridiculous. What next? Elves using wands?"

He paused, shrugging in a conciliatory manner.

"We're not here to be making enemies. There's no reason why the esteemed Imperial Navy should be either. Yes, he has weapons he's good with. I'd wager so does everyone on my ship, and everyone on your ship. This is a non-issue, and in the midst of more serious ones. Neogi are no laughing matter."
    Last edited by AJ_Impy; 2010-07-10 at 10:46 AM.