New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Planejammer: Blue Party IC

"Unless anyone here can pilot a ship, I'm afraid that would be the case. "

A little impatient, Ceodor considered the vessel before him and waited for the Giff to finish examining it.

"Just how much will the pilot cost, I wonder..."
    Last edited by CaCO3; 2010-06-14 at 09:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Pomjmur
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's really small, but it's shipshape and serviceable. Hull's made of tougher stuff than you usually see on ships this size. I assume the lack of actual cannons distresses you.

The captain helpfully leans over and tells Ceodor.

"Half the chartering fee for the same amount of time, plus extra for any combat engagements. Oh, and he, she or it gets a contract with all sorts of lovely stipulations."
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Suddenly, from the guildhall below, a blinding blue aura flares up, blinding you with its fierce intensity, unlike any power you've ever experienced before or since. A guildwarden nearby spots the disturbance (as does everything else in the building with eyes...) and whisks over, casting a countereffect from a wand to terminate the obscene light flare. He admonishes a very dazed, very abashed-looking half-celestial before zipping away.

A tall, blue-skinned humanoid in rich-looking robes appears fascinated by the light surge. He slinks away towards a ship where more of his kind are preparing to cast away.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show

I'm in the building, and is reading the Lady's scribbles and trying to talk to people for related information...

Fash Falath was surprised by the flash, and wonders what it is about. He decides to add the incident to the questions he was thinking of asking.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[6]+15 for the blue humanoid

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

He rapped the hull with a pachydermic knuckle, and nodded appreciatively.

"She's small, but well-formed. That really is a surprisingly good hull, whatever it's made of. Armament looks a bit light for my tastes though, depending on what that shrieker does."

Admittedly, Giff tastes could run to massively upgunning things until they could barely move. He began making preflight checks, making sure the right lines were taut and generally making himself busy.

"Looks like our only blackpowder weapon will be mine. I'm not too happy about that, especially not if we're going to be blasting hulks. I suggest the rest of you practice on the ballistae as we voyage, they're the next best thing. If none of you are comfortable at the Helm, I'd definitely say hire a pilot, this is a speed run and we can't afford to wait for a novice to get good."

He winced at the massive flash, shielding his vulnerable eyes with a splayed hand, and shaking his head to clear it after.
    Last edited by AJ_Impy; 2010-06-15 at 05:59 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Colossus in the Playground

Draka

The catman barely even waits for anyone else to finish their sentences before he runs a fast lap around the boat, admiring it from different angles.

"I like it, we'll take it. Does it have a name yet? How about something with "Midnight" in it. Good name for a black boat. It has wings, so some kind of bird could fit.", he then says. Then, wondering about the armaments, he turns back round to his colleagues.
    "So, what's a Shrieker, exactly? Sounds noisy."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2010-06-15 at 05:59 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Fash Falath
    Spoiler
    Show
    Down in the guildhall, various adventuring parties are debating over floating objects of some sort arranged under a ring of large symbols gouged into the walls, just like the Lady's earlier handiwork. You recognize a few of the symbols as indicating certain Outer Planes, and realize the rest must correspond to the others.

As one group passes by, a long snakelike creature covered in manuscript tattoos gives you a vicious hiss to move you. Behind him, a musty-smelling human in heavy armor gives you an apologetic nod, and you notice the object he's carrying: a scroll case, gold-capped with a black tube. You're aware of a sense of power and importance from the thing. Looking around the room again, the other floating objects appear to be the same thing. There are five remaining unclaimed.

You recognize the blue-skinned humanoid as a mercane, one of a race of traders specializing in the most magical of goods.

The captain nearby nods at Draka's last comment. "That's about the size of it; it sounds noisy. This thing was a rapid assault vessel used by vrocks in the Blood War; note the high platform off the bridge for perching. That weapon's probably as savage as those nasty creatures themselves."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

His ears twitched as the Captain spoke: he paused his work to take a closer look at the shrieker, especially its loading, firing and rotating mechanisms.

"Hmm. Strange thing, but ostensibly similar to a cannon: Reload there, point that end at the enemy, repeat until satisfied. I'd like to test it in live fire conditions, but I think I get the gist of it. Not quite the same without the sweet smell of blackpowder from a dozen bombards, but this is a pretty small ship, so I'm grateful for what we have."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"That's not part of our given missions. Hmm, I don't suppose there's anything new for me to find out. I better find my team mates. They'd either still be registering or getting a ship now."

Fash leaves to find his party.

Finding them at the ship dock, he tells them what he found out.

Wasn't much too be seen. Some symbols of planes, and others taking some scroll case that seems important or powerful. Probably some mission to the planes. They're not too talky either.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

the report from Fash earns a cursory nod. He shared in turn,

"Guildmaster Wey did say we were going to be very busy. All across the planes, all across the spheres, it makes sense given the magnitude of events. We've secured a contract hunting a neogi fleet, supposedly derelict, around an alleged moon in Realmspace. This here will be our ship: Abyssal make, Small, good hull, mediocre weapons, 10 days of Helm. I'm just off to check shipboard stores, see what we need."

With that he squeezed belowdecks, eyes open as to what they had in store.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Pomjmur
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see sufficient dried stores, water and health rations for ten regular humanoids, along with sufficient ammo for the ballistae, and replacement raking hooks.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Aldin, Draka, Fash
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you're looking over the vessel, a new group comes up the ramp to the docks. You don't recognize the half-celestial, the two humanoids or the attractive halfling, but the fifth member catches your eye: it's Banzzag, the half-minotaur you all voted out of the party midway through your previous mission for being a clumsy, reckless oaf who nearly took Fash's head off with his mace. He's spotted you too, and isn't looking so very friendly.

Ceodor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your party members, save Pomjmur who is belowdeck, suddenly tense. You look over at a motley crew of new arrivals at the docks, but don't see anything out of the... well, what Sigil would consider ordinary.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Backstory eh? Which I don't know about.
    And diplomacy. Try it later: (1d20+12)[21]

The run-in with Banzzag was a little uncomfortable, given past incidences. However, there is no reason to stay unfriendly. Cordial relations or just plain ignoring each other will suffice though. He doesn't want much to do with Banzzag, whether it be work or mutual ill will. Both are... less than pleasant.

"Hello there. Going for a Spacejamming mission too, eh?", Fash calls, trying to sound friendly.
    Last edited by 2xMachina; 2010-06-15 at 12:46 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Fash Falath
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was mentioned in your OOC a while back that this might happen. I just didn't expect it to happen, y'know, right now. But I'm rather amused by it, so...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

Oblivious, the Giff calls out as he ascends,

"Ample ballista bolts, a few reloads for the raking hooks, and decent enough foodstocks although they could do with more roughage. Too much of it looks like softstomach fodder. The problem will be that shrieker: I see four rounds at the ready deckside, and unless I missed something, none below. We might want to up our stores for that before heading out..."

thick, greyskinned fingers appear either side of the hatchway, followed by an armorplated head, uniformed bulky torso and the rest of the hippokin as he returns to the deck. He looks around myopically for a few moments before inquiring,

"What's going on now?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Pomjmur
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you emerge, you see a new group at the top of the ramp to the docks. You don't recognize the half-celestial, the two humanoids or the attractive halfling, but the fifth member catches your eye: it's Banzzag, the half-minotaur you all voted out of the party midway through your previous mission for being a clumsy, reckless oaf who nearly took Fash's head off with his mace. He's spotted you too, and isn't looking so very friendly.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldin gives a bored look to the group. He speaks up to the group, his voice showing no emotion.

"Be careful with him." His eyes go over Banzzag for a moment before turning around and heading up the ship, wanting to give it a look over himself. "He's a risky one to be around."
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

The too-handsome halfling puts on a wide grin as he relies to Aldin: ""Don't worry, cutter, I think we can live with any risks about him; my danger sense, at least, is alive and well. He's one of our more animated companions, but I think we can keep him in line." The pretty cleric stifles a giggle at her companion's words.

Giving a sideways glance at Banzzag, who seems to be silently fuming, the half-celestial shouts back to Fash: "Actually we're off planejamming, to deliver a message from the Lady to the Powers-that-be. Who are you, friend?"
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2010-06-15 at 03:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Drakka

Drakka turns to the new team and examines them for a second, then, with a gesture, adds:
    "Drakka is my name. This is my crew, the Azure Infinities, and my ship, the Midnight Owl. We're off to do some salvage.
    Banzzag over there"
    , he nods to the Half-Minotaur, "Used to be on our team."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2010-06-15 at 02:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

He points a huge finger at the offending half-minotaur and replies,

"He knows us, and we him, though I doubt either will give good report of the other. We ventured together, but parted ways over... Let's be charitable and call it a difference of opinion. Fare you well, for all our sakes."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So, is everyone ready to depart, or...?

22. - Top - End - #52

Spoiler
    Show

Actually, according to my sheet, I have only spent about 11600 gold, that should give me some money to buy more Shrieker Ammo. I like that thing. Oh, and some ear plugs. There should be wax or something around for that, no? And on the Great Bazaar, I hope that stuff is for sale.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

The large black-and-white humanoid tries to divert Banzzag's attention by directing him to the ships, but it doesn't take.

The irate half-minotaur tears away from his sonorous associate and steps forward menacingly. "Draka, what in th' name o' great Sky has happened? Port me alone there and leave? That`s nay th' way we, spelljammers do 't! Be ye ou' o' yer mind?! I barely got t' Sigil without me arse bitten off by some fiend! HOW BE YE GOIN' T' PAY FER ALL THIS?!"

Some of you feel a little cowed by the half-minotaur, but his rather one-sided view of the situation makes you more irate than fearful.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomjmur

The Giff slowly draws himself up to his full height, his gleaming military chain shirt catching the light just so. He scowls down at his former crewmate, down the length of his enormous hippo face, lips drawn back from his tusklike teeth in a sneer of annoyance.

"Pay?! PAY?! You worthless cow's grandson, don't you get it? I'm trying to be nice! I'm trying to give your crew-crippling backside a second chance with your new friends! Their mission for the Guild, for Her, is far more important than the money-grubbing mewlings of someone who needlessly endangered the life and limbs of his own crew, or than the nature of our dispute with you! Now, are you going to back down, shut up and help them to save the multiverse, or are you going to keep fighting an argument you already lost?!"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate on the half-minotaur, [roll]1d20+19][/roll]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    messed up the roll. (1d20+19)[24] intimidate on the half-mino.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bit melodramatic, no?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: This scenery is delicious!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

The too-handsome halfling puts on a wide grin as he relies to Aldin: ""Don't worry, cutter, I think we can live with any risks about him; my danger sense, at least, is alive and well. He's one of our more animated companions, but I think we can keep him in line." The pretty cleric stifles a giggle at her companion's words.
    Aldin doesn't pause on his way to the ship, although he does raise his hand and give a light laugh. His last words before boarding the ship is a friendly "Good luck".

On the ship Aldin looks around for a good place to sit, and waits for the rest of his team to join him.
    Last edited by Matar; 2010-06-15 at 07:29 PM.
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maintaining a large modicum of self-control and displaying little-to-no symptoms of surprise (though a little ground-to-air movement was seen when the shouting contest began) Ceodor remained in place, quietly contemplating the amplified conversation atop his companion.

Noting Aldin's departure, he pondered if he should leave for the ship as well, but leaving the Giff and the half-minotaur staring each other down was not the best of ideas... he would attempt to mediate as necessary.
    Last edited by CaCO3; 2010-06-15 at 07:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

The handsome halfling from the other party rolls a nearby barrel between the two and hops onto it, holding a cautionary hand out to each of them. "Now, gentlebeings, this is no way to talk to a former crewmember, even if you parted ways under...less than amicable circumstances." He puts on a beseeching expression. "Could you both just leave each other be? Please? I don't want to see anyone get hurt!"

As the large black-and-white humanoid begins a low, droning song, he appears to be jovially egging on the blustering half-minotaur. The half-celestial over at the captain's desk throws up his hands in irritation.

Ammon throws his hands up in the air in exasperation. He feels no personal animosity towards these beings, and thinks that time is of great importance in this mission.

"Can we please just get on with it? Banzzag, they didn't make any overt unfriendly moves until after you shouted at them. I won't be helping if you start a fight. Let it lie, you can pick this 'discussion' up again some other time, if you really, really feel the need to. Now, I don't know what the Lady's time frame on this message is, and I really don't want to find out."

Banzzag ignores him.

""May ye burn in th' flames o' Baator, ye pitful greedy scumbag! That`s nay th' way sea dogs do 't! Someday ye`ll get yer arse sewed fer that awful attitude, an' I be nay goin' t' beat th' bilge water ou' o' ye jus' on accoun' o' me heartys dasn't want 't, otherwise, ye`d already be a deader. Farewell, bilge rat."

He spits on the dock in front of Draka, then turns on his friend at the desk. "You call leavin' yer crew mate on th' yardarm o' nowhere "nothin' unfriendly"?! How about we try 't on ye? Dasn't stick yer nose in what ye do nay know, else 't might end up on a plane o' fire."

Seemingly winded from his loud and impotent blustering, the towering corsair withdraws, and the rest of his party moves off to examine a planejamming vessel.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2010-06-15 at 09:38 PM.