New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society

Natsuko nods, and smiles. "All right."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #572
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shiaki Koujin hasn't been in the 6th division for very long. He hasn't been a shinigami for that long, really. About thirty years in, he's already progressed to 12th seat of the 6th squad, appropriately placed there as a result of his young age.

Earlier this morning, he was directed to the 13th squad to assist one Sato Hachirou...with something. Koujin eventually finds the appropriate door and politely knocks. "Hello? Hachirou-san?"

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

[13th division]

"Come in", comes a weary reply. Hachirou is sitting behind his desk, writing a report about Allan Crossdale to Captain Hayashi. There are dark shades under his eyes, his glasses are bit askew, and he's holding a paper cup filled with coffee in his left hand. Considering how much his hand is shaking, it's a miracle he isn't spilling any.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko nods, and smiles. "All right."
    Natsuko...gets dressed and goes to work?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #575
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koujin enters, examining the 13th division member. "Um...hi? I'm Shiaki Koujin, 12th seat of the 6th division. I was assigned to assist you today." The young shinigami is distinctly uncertain, but has enough confidence to enter the room and look around...or maybe it's just curiosity.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ettin in the Playground

Hachirou blinks a few times. He's sure he heard a man, but in his sleep-deprived vision Koujin looks awful lot like a girl. Hachirou adjusts his glasses so reality can re-assert itself, though it only leads them to be askew to the other side. "Ah, yes. 6th division. I asked you to help with a combat exercise we're having. I need a person..."

I think he's cute!

Hachirou's eyes twitch angrily in mid-speech and he stops to put his coffee down. He then slaps himself and shakes his head, blinking a few times before continuing. "Sorry about that, had an inner voice to silence. I was saying, I need a person skilled in Zanjutsu to help me out. I guess you're it?"

7. - Top - End - #577
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you all for comming. And thank you Vice Commander, we will discuss your assertiveness at a later time, over sake. Now! To business."

Takeshi slides out from between the massive man's hands, nodding to him softly as he strides closer to the members.

"I have called you hear today, to discuss the new improvements to the Kido Corp. As of tommorow, the entire Kido Corp. Grounds save for the underground labs and testing grounds. The temples that have existed since the time of all our forfathers. And the Dormitories will be torn down. I have tasked the 7th Divison of the Gotei 13 to come in and build it from the ground up according to the blue prints written by our last Commander, and improved on by myself.

I hope that all of you will be respectful to the 7th Division while they are here and aid them in all they require. I understand this is startling news, so I shall give it all to you. There will also be a revision in policy. As of tommorow, all Junior members will maintain their tasks, what ever they may be. Senior Members will all report to the 7th Division to lay down a list of kido I have written up as they deconstruct and rebuild. I have found several quarries for their use and am merely awaiting a reply from Captain Emet.

In addition, the sake plants will be protected by several barriers, and all workers there in are tasked in ramping production up to ten times your original projections. Researchers will be given work in the further improvement, be it in defenses or otherwise. That is all for now. Once our Grounds are complete, it will fall to the Golden Topiary to rework the mighty forests. I hope and trust all will accept the changes, and benifit from them greatly.
    Iwaki had arrived to the meeting about as quickly as was possible without rushing. When there, he had taken a seat in one corner, ignoring the creak, folded his arms, and settled down quietly to listen to Takeshi's announcement. When the news is delivered, he leans back, eyebrows rising in surprise.

Well, it looks like he'll be living up to expectations. Or at least some of them.

After a few seconds, Iwaki raises one massive arm.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Masaru's Quarters, then Office]

Masaru shook his head and waited until Ude had left.

He then walked back to his office and sat down.

He was still waiting on that messenger...

Edit: Finally, the messenger from the 5th arrived. He was one of the Seated Officers, per Masaru's request.

"Please deliver these to the other 11 Captains, the Vice-Captain of the 6th Division, and the Commander of the Kido Corps. All due haste, if you please."

The messenger nodded, then blurred away.

Contents of the message:
    Spoiler
    Show

This is a notice to all Captains, or appropriate commanding officers of all Divisions. The next 2 months of training exercises scheduled with and through the 8th Division are canceled, barring specific request by other Divisions. This lets all commanding officers free up time and schedule to not have to deal with said exercises. After 2 months, we will be engaging in a reduced scheduled for another 2 months. I will be researching how to make such breaks a regular part of our training rotation.
    -Captain Nakamura Masaru of the 8th Division

Damara was, unsurprisingly, working at his desk when the messenger got to him. Looking up, he nodded and beckoned the messenger in, accepted the message, and dismissed its bearer. Undoing the seal, he reads the letter's contents silently and quickly. When he finishes, he folds it, opens a drawer on his desk, places the letter within it, and stands. Picking up his Zanpakuto from its resting place on the wall, Damara fashions it to his waist and leaves his office. He checks in with the third seat, gives him command of the Sixth Division's complex, then departs.

Some time later, Damara arrives at the headquarters of the Eight Division. He makes his way to Masaru's office and knocks politely.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mongoose View Post
    Megane arches a brow as he listens to the Commander's announcement, his noise of question seemingly echoed by the rest of the room in various levels of surprise and volume. He does however cast a brief glance around at the rest of the members, glowering slightly before returning his attention to the front, waiting for a moment of quiet to pipe up.

"That's pretty radical, Commander! What's the new place going to be like? How long is it going to take?"
    Takeshi smiles as the rumbling begins in the crowd, nodding at the firey headed young man while pointing a finger to the raised hand in the crowd.

"It is radical, but to start a wave one must move alot of water. This is the quake that will start the tsunami that will wash the otherwise cluttered Corp. Grounds clean."

Iwaki had arrived to the meeting about as quickly as was possible without rushing. When there, he had taken a seat in one corner, ignoring the creak, folded his arms, and settled down quietly to listen to Takeshi's announcement. When the news is delivered, he leans back, eyebrows rising in surprise.

Well, it looks like he'll be living up to expectations. Or at least some of them.

After a few seconds, Iwaki raises one massive arm.
    Takeshi then turns to where he is pointing, bowing slightly.

"Yes, you had a question?"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru's Office

"Come in."

The door is, and has been, unlocked.

When Damara enters, he will find Masaru working on a moderate stack of paperwork, his eyes scanning each page through his reading glasses.

He looks up and smiles slightly.

"Ah, Vice-Captain Damara. Please, come in and sit down. How may I help you?"

The Captain of the 8th places his current paperwork flat on his desk and gives the Vice-Captain of the 6th his undivided attention.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed, she does get to 13th, where she heads for her office.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #581

Spoiler
    Show
    Takeshi then turns to where he is pointing, bowing slightly.

"Yes, you had a question?"
    Iwaki pauses for a second, trying to phrase his question. He soon decides to be blunt.

"Why have you decided to do this?"

His tone indicates simple curiosity, rather than shock or indignation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Masaru's Office

"Come in."

The door is, and has been, unlocked.

When Damara enters, he will find Masaru working on a moderate stack of paperwork, his eyes scanning each page through his reading glasses.

He looks up and smiles slightly.

"Ah, Vice-Captain Damara. Please, come in and sit down. How may I help you?"

The Captain of the 8th places his current paperwork flat on his desk and gives the Vice-Captain of the 6th his undivided attention.
    Damara enters, gently opening and then closing the door behind him. He walks forward mechanically and takes a seat. He begins speaking, voice free of inflection.

"There were two matters I wanted to speak to you about. Firstly, I wish to request that the scheduled training exercises involving the Sixth proceed, where possible. There has been a lull in our assignments recently, and some of the less attentive members of the Division are getting restless. I am trying to keep them as busy as possible while I attempt to restore discipline. Second, would it be possible for a few members of the Sixth Division to help out around the Eighth for a few days? Several of them have shown an aptitude for or interest in tactics, but currently lack motivation. I believe that if exposed to the environment, it will spark their interest more keenly, and they would likely become eventual recruits for your Division."

12. - Top - End - #582

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Iwaki pauses for a second, trying to phrase his question. He soon decides to be blunt.

"Why have you decided to do this?"

His tone indicates simple curiosity, rather than shock or indignation.
    Takeshi shrugs, taking a seat on the edge of the stage as he shoots a look at his Vice Commander.

"Because I wanted to. Think of how much of a pain it is to get around here! A thousand years of building on building on building! This insanity isn't condusive to an organization such as us. And its to make room for the other improvements and changes that are to come. This is but the first in a long string of changes that the Kido Corp. must go through. We were a decaying beast before now. We must clean ourselves through ritual destruction and rebirth.

My family, my friends, members of the Kido Corp. We shall be reborn like the Phoenix General, and when we raise from the flame, we shall be a creature both of old and new. We must never forget where we came from. But we must change and adapt. Least we fall behind and become nothing but stagnant filth."
    My Current Works

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Damara enters, gently opening and then closing the door behind him. He walks forward mechanically and takes a seat. He begins speaking, voice free of inflection.

"There were two matters I wanted to speak to you about. Firstly, I wish to request that the scheduled training exercises involving the Sixth proceed, where possible. There has been a lull in our assignments recently, and some of the less attentive members of the Division are getting restless. I am trying to keep them as busy as possible while I attempt to restore discipline. Second, would it be possible for a few members of the Sixth Division to help out around the Eighth for a few days? Several of them have shown an aptitude for or interest in tactics, but currently lack motivation. I believe that if exposed to the environment, it will spark their interest more keenly, and they would likely become eventual recruits for your Division."
    Masaru ponders the requests for several moments.

"As far as the training exercises go, I will see what we can do. Due to the nature of your Division, most of the exercises I had scheduled were in concert with other divisions. I'll have my Vice-Captain and 3rd Seat works something up and send it over within a week.

Regarding your second request...I suppose that's fine. Send me a list of names, as well as what sub-division they'd prefer to work with, and I'll have my officers get everything arranged.

Was there anything else?
    "

Masaru doesn't seem to be trying to hurry Damara out the door; his tone indicates a mere willingness to assist a fellow commander in the Gotei if possible.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Indeed, she does get to 13th, where she heads for her office.
    And Taiki parts with her there, donning a cloak and traveling into the mountains, far away, to a wooden door in the base of a mountain...

At some point, Taiki will delve into Maggot's Nest and come calling to a certain imprisoned Ex-Captain.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Pixie in the Playground

Megane glances back briefly as someone else speaks, looking them over briefly in appraisal before returning his attention to the Commander again, his brows slightly furrowed, though he seems more curious than concerned. Once again he speaks out bluntly, not bothering to raise his hand or wait for the Commander's attention.

"What else are you going to change?"

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

[Maggot's nest]

In the deepest dungeon, furthest from all exits, Hannibal Magalhães lies on his spartan bed, staring at the roof. There's a dissatisfied frown on his face - a look of a man who's been waiting for something for a long time, but is slowly coming to realize all waiting is in vain.

I want out.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

The Maggot's Nest

Taiki sees Hannibal lying on his cot as he approaches. "Hello, Hannibal. How are you today?"

18. - Top - End - #588

Spoiler
    Show
    Takeshi shrugs, taking a seat on the edge of the stage as he shoots a look at his Vice Commander.

"Because I wanted to. Think of how much of a pain it is to get around here! A thousand years of building on building on building! This insanity isn't condusive to an organization such as us. And its to make room for the other improvements and changes that are to come. This is but the first in a long string of changes that the Kido Corp. must go through. We were a decaying beast before now. We must clean ourselves through ritual destruction and rebirth.

My family, my friends, members of the Kido Corp. We shall be reborn like the Phoenix General, and when we raise from the flame, we shall be a creature both of old and new. We must never forget where we came from. But we must change and adapt. Least we fall behind and become nothing but stagnant filth."
    Iwaki nods and leans back, refolding his arms. Question answered.

Yep. Fulfilling expectations. Things are going to get very interesting around here soon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Masaru ponders the requests for several moments.

"As far as the training exercises go, I will see what we can do. Due to the nature of your Division, most of the exercises I had scheduled were in concert with other divisions. I'll have my Vice-Captain and 3rd Seat works something up and send it over within a week.

Regarding your second request...I suppose that's fine. Send me a list of names, as well as what sub-division they'd prefer to work with, and I'll have my officers get everything arranged.

Was there anything else?
    "

Masaru doesn't seem to be trying to hurry Damara out the door; his tone indicates a mere willingness to assist a fellow commander in the Gotei if possible.
    Damara shakes his head slowly.

"That was all."

He stands and bows respectfully.

"Thank you for your time, Captain Masaru."

Unless stopped, Damara turns and leaves, returning to his own Division's building. Within the hour, a messenger arrives at the Eighth Division and delivers the requested list.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-06-23 at 06:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #589

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mongoose View Post
    Megane glances back briefly as someone else speaks, looking them over briefly in appraisal before returning his attention to the Commander again, his brows slightly furrowed, though he seems more curious than concerned. Once again he speaks out bluntly, not bothering to raise his hand or wait for the Commander's attention.

"What else are you going to change?"
    "All in due time. First things first with the construction. When it is complete, the rest shall fall in place. But it was a good question none the less! I trust all of you to continue your work despite the mess."

Takeshi smiles sweetly, glancing at the assembled members of the Kido Corp.

"Does anyone else have a question? Or do you have another Junior Member Megane?"
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

Hannibal rises to sitting position, managing to wrench sort-of-a-smile on his face. "Oh, ye know me, Broken Sword. Bored outta my wits, wanting to squeeze life out of every law-abiding citizen." He waits for a moment, looking at Taiki, before slumping down on his bed. "Nah, just kiddin' - I'm fine. Kinda miss fresh air, though. Say, where's dear Nasumi-chan? Haven't seen her in a while."

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Damara shakes his head slowly.

"That was all."

He stands and bows respectfully.

"Thank you for your time, Captain Masaru."

Unless stopped, Damara turns and leaves, returning to his own Division's building. Within the hour, a messenger arrives at the Eighth Division and delivers the requested list.
    Masaru stands and bows in return.

"I am happy to be of assistance."

When the paperwork arrives, Masaru will briefly go over it, making a few marked suggestions to his officers, before delivering things to the appropriate people.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Hannibal rises to sitting position, managing to wrench sort-of-a-smile on his face. "Oh, ye know me, Broken Sword. Bored outta my wits, wanting to squeeze life out of every law-abiding citizen." He waits for a moment, looking at Taiki, before slumping down on his bed. "Nah, just kiddin' - I'm fine. Kinda miss fresh air, though. Say, where's dear Nasumi-chan? Haven't seen her in a while."
    "She was an intern. I hope she will return, but unfortunately her one-year internship expired. Perhaps she will apply for a full-time job here in the Nest." Taiki paces in front of the cell. "She was a rare one. It is somewhat saddening to see her leave." He smiles at Hannibal. "Did you ever finish that book?"

23. - Top - End - #593

Yuuta notices the glance, but obviously fails to recognize the message in it. When Takeshi asks if there were any more questions,
    Yuuta cannot help but mumble, "Will any of these radical changes include helping me with the paperwork?". The question couldn't be any quieter if it were asked by a ventriloquist whispering into a pillow, but Yuuta's typically stoic expression slips almost into a smirk.
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Yuuki grinned. Don't worry. Masaru-san's always been the serious one, so I doubt talking to him will hurt too much. Who knows?
    "Alright, I think I'll do that then." Sigint then bows to Yuuki, then heads towards the supposedly closed door. Before he opens it, he reapplys the mask that he took off earlier, a gray and white thing that covers the eyes, bearing a resemblence to a bony demon. He looks back towards Yuuki just before he leaves. "Thank you, Captain, for listening. I appreciate it. Could you tell Kyasarin-sama that also?" After he gets a response, he bows to Yuuki again, then seemingly disappears.

He decides to head towards the 9th Division first. They might have some information that his unit somehow didn't catch. At any rate, it is always a good idea to check just in case.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    "She was an intern. I hope she will return, but unfortunately her one-year internship expired. Perhaps she will apply for a full-time job here in the Nest." Taiki paces in front of the cell. "She was a rare one. It is somewhat saddening to see her leave." He smiles at Hannibal. "Did you ever finish that book?"
    "Yeah. A sad story, really", Hannibal mutters with a weary voice. He resumes staring the roof. "The book, I mean. But was interesting. Would be nice to get more, ye know." There's a faint, odd glimmer in his eyes before he closes them.

"So no more Nasumi-chan? Damn, I was even growing used to her cooking. That's saying something. I hope ye've new pretty interns on the way - old devil's getting lonely here in the dark."

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki shrugs. "Unfortunately not too many interns looking for Maggot's Nest jobs. Nasumi was a rare one." He shuffles around slightly, then leans against the wall. "Any chance you remember what the book was about? I'm not sure I ever got the chance to read that one."

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ettin in the Playground

Hannibal flicks at the floor with his right thumb. "Was 'bout the lil' folks down there in the outside world. Many scenes by the sea - got me real sentimental. I ever told ya I miss the sea?"

28. - Top - End - #598
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Hachirou blinks a few times. He's sure he heard a man, but in his sleep-deprived vision Koujin looks awful lot like a girl. Hachirou adjusts his glasses so reality can re-assert itself, though it only leads them to be askew to the other side. "Ah, yes. 6th division. I asked you to help with a combat exercise we're having. I need a person..."

I think he's cute!

Hachirou's eyes twitch angrily in mid-speech and he stops to put his coffee down. He then slaps himself and shakes his head, blinking a few times before continuing. "Sorry about that, had an inner voice to silence. I was saying, I need a person skilled in Zanjutsu to help me out. I guess you're it?"
    "oh, I know exactly what you're talking about..." He narrows his eyes for a moment, weapon spirits staying conspicuously quiet.

"But yes, I would be able to assist in that kind of training." He stops, waiting for a response, before realizing that he had to ask the question first. "Um...when is this training? And what kind? ...I mean, more specifically than Zanjutsu."

29. - Top - End - #599

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    Yuuta notices the glance, but obviously fails to recognize the message in it. When Takeshi asks if there were any more questions,
    Yuuta cannot help but mumble, "Will any of these radical changes include helping me with the paperwork?". The question couldn't be any quieter if it were asked by a ventriloquist whispering into a pillow, but Yuuta's typically stoic expression slips almost into a smirk.
    "Did you say something Yuuta? If you have a question you should speak up! Be more assertive!"

Takeshi looks behind him, taking out a pipe to lazily point at the Vice Commander.
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #600

Yuuta's almost smirk vanishes without a trace. "Nothing of consequence, sir. Merely musing that there is much red tape and pencil pushing left between now and project completion."
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.