New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    An interesting couple indeed. Not only that, it was already noon and they were both planning on having breakfast. ...well, at least Kiku was. She should have been at work by now, but she'd get to that later. Food first. She replied to him, "Let's go to the Rukon, kay?" Then she proceeded to run forward, dragging him along for the ride.

Despite likely receiving odd looks from the populace, Kiku charged into the Rukon, Sigint attached to her arm like a party balloon. She quickly decided on a restaurant, or maybe she'd decided beforehand, because she only stops running after ending up in front of a big restaurant. Then she resumed her position, squeezing Sigint's arm, grinning, as they walked through the doorway.

"C-captain? Can I help you? Is it just a table for two, or..."

Kiku waves her hand, "No, no, there's no one else. 'side's, I don't usually bring people for breakfast, do I?"

...it's not even breakfast time. "R-right, right. Let me get you seated then. Do you know what you want, or do you want some time to look over the menu Captain?"

"Just regular ol' breakfast. Rice, soup, nori, and eggrolls. Ooh, and some fish."

...she wasn't kidding about having breakfast, was she? The waitress asks, "Okay... And you mister?" How can he even come into a restaurant with that mask on?

(OOC: Ehh, nothing in particular. Just having a little fun )
    "Alri-" He was cut off by Kiku's breaking into a run. He all of a sudden found himself being dragged along at high speeds like a kid holding a party balloon, dragged through the populace and calling attention to the duo. Several times he tried to get his footing to where he could match her, but it seemed that whenever he almost made it, she took a sharp turn elsewhere, starting the process all over again. Finally, he managed to keep up with her and even get shoulder-to-shoulder with her...right before they reached their destination. He came to a comical stop, stopping his feet in such a way that he wound up tossing himself straight, reminiscent of a shovel that had been stepped on by a cartoon character, often being smacked in the face by said shovel. After recomposing himself, he walked with her through the doorway, a little winded but otherwise unphased by the whole thing.

When he walked in through the doorway, he noticed some analytical glances his way. In the Rukon, it's wise to do so whenever a masked man walks in. He should know, he's been here. It probably helped that he was with a Captain of the Gotei 13, but then again, maybe it didn't. There are those who are bitter towards the Seireitei, and you can't really tell who they are until they start breaking out the torches. He looked towards the waiteress with what could pass for a smile through the mask. "I think I'll take a look at the menu, please."

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    *Takeshi foaming at the mouth*
    Sayuri's expression turns sourer and sourer after each word Takeshi spits out, until evetually it feels like it very well should melt all flesh away from his bones. Still, she waits patiently as he rants, staying silent for almost a minute after Takeshi stops to catch his breath, to ensure the speech is certainly over.

Then, she relaxes, adopting a friendly and calming smile on her face. "Very well, Kitano-san", Sayuri says in a sugary sweet tone. It sounds very, very wrong coming from her mouth. "You've clearly thought a lot about this. Truly, you make me feel ashemed for my rudeness. I have but two more questions."

"How much have you drank today and when did you start?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #993
    Firbolg in the Playground

Takeshi blinks, taking a step back at the question and the sudden shift in the icy woman's attitude and voice.

"About four bottles of sake? And several hours ago? What exactly does that have to do with anything Vice Captain Sayuri?"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, nothing really", Sayuri whispers coyly, still smiling. "I just firmly recall you leaving with a rather large bottle of fine wine from the restaurant we were in. I also recall you sending me a rather... snide message as a reply to my apology letter. Said message also contained your... promise to deduct rather large, imaginary fees from my account. But of course, you somehow don't remember any of this."

Standing on her toes, Sayuri leans towards Takeshi, taking momentary glee in the fact that there is someone shorter than her. "In addition to this, 'several hours ago' was, to my best knowledge, also something known as your 'official work time'", she continues in a sisterly manner. Something she's picked up from Kiku, no doubt. "And judging from the stench of vomit and alcohol still clinging to your clothes and this room, those four bottles were way too much for your slight frame. Really, everything is fine. Why do you ask?"

5. - Top - End - #995
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yasu

Before Takeshi can react to Sayuri's scathing sarcasm, he is rescued from the hanging question by a firm tapping from outside the door. "Pardon me, Commander? And female guest?" Takeshi will instantly recognize the voice of Ryoichi Yasu, reclusive, though generally valued Senior Member of the Kidou Corps.

The Tabi screen door slides open a moment later, pushed from the bottom by the butt of one of the Wizardly reaper's collection of walking staffs; this one is carved in a gently spiraling pattern from bottom to top from pure, pale whitewood and engraved with black markings that almost look like still-wet ink. Yasu's untamed mop of knavishly charming blonde hair is the first thing to be spotted leaning around the opening door and into the office. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything..." Said in a manner to all but state aloud that he knows he is interrupting, but for whatever reason is not concerned about having done so in the slightest. Upon sighting Sayuri, Yasu smiled wide and flourished a (relatively) simple bow. "Miss," He greets her politely, not knowing her name. He looks back to Takeshi. "May I come in?"
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2010-07-15 at 04:23 PM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri turns to glance at Yasu, still smiling. "Oh, I believe that's for the Commander to decide, not me", she says primly.

7. - Top - End - #997

Takeshi was clearly about to enter into another rant, probably more heated then the last before the voice pokes its head in. His shoulders slump weakly, his hand making a quick motion.

"Y-Yes...Yes please come inside. You didn't interrupt anything, this is Vice Captain Sayuri, of the First Divison. We were just discussing the Renovation. How are you Yasu? Is there something I can do for you?"
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #998

Yasu

Yasu blinked smilingly at Sayuri's comment, as though to say '...Odd,' but nodded and entered at Takeshi's invitation. "Ah, then it seems I've come at the right time. I was just informed today that my name is on the list for Demolition special duty... where it has been for the last three months, apparently. I'm sure you have no idea how this may have happened without my knowledge...?" The gleam in his eyes and slightest grin at the corners of his mouth suggests he knows the answer to this question, but is not one to pass up the opportunity to put Takeshi in an awkward position for it.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #999

"All assignments were posted three months ago Yasu-kun, I am almost certain you had enough time to learn of it...but really, if you want to question whose fault it is, you should go talk to Vice Commander Yuuta."

Takeshi grins, clearly having seen through the playful teasing.

"But even if you weren't informed, your skills and talents are to valuable not to use in this process. Your non-lateral thinking is exactly what I want utilized in the deconstruction and even reconstruction effort. I trust you'll be alright working with members of the Gotei?"
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    "Alri-" He was cut off by Kiku's breaking into a run. He all of a sudden found himself being dragged along at high speeds like a kid holding a party balloon, dragged through the populace and calling attention to the duo. Several times he tried to get his footing to where he could match her, but it seemed that whenever he almost made it, she took a sharp turn elsewhere, starting the process all over again. Finally, he managed to keep up with her and even get shoulder-to-shoulder with her...right before they reached their destination. He came to a comical stop, stopping his feet in such a way that he wound up tossing himself straight, reminiscent of a shovel that had been stepped on by a cartoon character, often being smacked in the face by said shovel. After recomposing himself, he walked with her through the doorway, a little winded but otherwise unphased by the whole thing.

When he walked in through the doorway, he noticed some analytical glances his way. In the Rukon, it's wise to do so whenever a masked man walks in. He should know, he's been here. It probably helped that he was with a Captain of the Gotei 13, but then again, maybe it didn't. There are those who are bitter towards the Seireitei, and you can't really tell who they are until they start breaking out the torches. He looked towards the waiteress with what could pass for a smile through the mask. "I think I'll take a look at the menu, please."
    "Here you go then" she said, and handed him a menu.

Kiku put her elbows on the table with her cheeks caught in her palms. Her painted nails are all visible as they rest on her face. She asked excitedly, "So do I get to see what's underneath that mask, then?"

11. - Top - End - #1001

Yasu

Yasu rolls his eyes, suspecting that it was at Takeshi's specific suggestion that Yuuta put Yasu on the Special Duty list, and further not inform him of it until today. After all, mere hours from when the demolition was to take place, Yasu no longer had much leverage to try and abort or get himself reassigned. He gives Takeshi a look as though to say 'Well played...' but consents with a nod. "I suppose so long as it is just a one-day intrusion on my schedule it can be tolerated," He grins, and then looks to Sayori. "Let me just say, Miss Sayuri, that it is a shame and a crime that we have not made acquaintances already. I really must make more effort to associate from time to time with the notable figures of the Gotai... But alas, to each our own." He winks charmingly. "Given your interest enough to bother our virtuous Commander on the subject, may I hope that you will be in attendance at the Demolitions this morning to observe the proceedings?"
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2010-07-15 at 05:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri listens patiently at Takeshi's and Yasu's conversation. Fooling your own underlings now? Have you no shame? She glances at Takeshi, conveying the message even without words. Then she turns her attention to Yasu - there's something familiar in the man's bearing and voice. Ah... was he here before I left?

"I'm afraid not, Yasu-san. I have my own work to attend to"
    , she says tersely. While polite, her tone also transmits another message, namely 'whatever you're thinking, forget it'. "I'm here simply out of curiosity. As a former Corps member, I'm interested in how things are run these days."

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko looks at Koujin. "So, you're the guy Hachirou told me about?"
    Koujin sits as if preparing to be surprised, and expecting the inevitable spasm or jump. He carefully places the paperwork down on the table and looks up at the 13th squad captain.

"Um...yes? If he was talking about the twelfth seat from the sixth division, that is..."

What's got him all worked up? He's probably just intimidated...he doesn't see shinigami of captain, or even low single-digit seat very often, let alone talk to them. Aw, poor baby. Just because she could probably rip you in half with an offhanded wave of a finger doesn't mean she will.

...not helping.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Yasu

Yasu chuckled gamely and smiled. "Very well then." Naught but the hint of lingering sarcasm betrays his detached amusement at Sayuri's attempted rejection. "In that case, I should be going. I have some... unexpected preparations to make this morning, and a dreadfully short deadline. I wish you the best." Yasu offered his hand as though to shake, but then once he had captured Sayuri's in his loose grip he brought her hand to his lips for a quick, chivalrously charming kiss farewell. "Commander," He nodded to Takeshi, "I'll see you later today." With a wink, he stepped out of the office and off down the hall, the tabi screen door closing after him.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2010-07-16 at 05:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kido Corps]

Sudden urge to hit Yasu with a book finally reminds Sayuri of who he is. "Have a nice day, Ryoichi-san", she says icily as Yasu slips out of the office, glaring at his wake for a moment before turning back at Takeshi.

"I'm afraid I'll be going as well, Kitano-san", she chirps with the sickeningly sweet voice, "because I came here in hope of rational discussion, which you unfortunately don't seem capable of at the moment. I will return to this matter once you've, ah, cleared your head."

Sayuri tip-toes to the door. "Popsicles might ease that condition of yours", she chimes, holding the door handle. "Cherry-flavored ones are especially good, I hear. We will meet again, Kitano-san." Those words, and the click of the shutting door that follows, have never sounded so threatening.

Back in the corridor, Sayuri regains her formal posture, and summons two hell butterflies. First one she sends to Zibarra Emet of 7th Division, asking if and when it would be possible for her to meet him.

The second soon flutters next to Shirakawa Kiku, a chillingly sweet voice that simply can't bode well. "Kiku-chaaaan ~<3. Where are you?"

16. - Top - End - #1006

Takeshi sputters loudly as first Yasu and then Sayuri leave, the popsicle comment causing him no amount of confusion. He swiftly opens the door, calling out after Sayuri as she stalks down the hall

“Where do you think our going?! You’re not fooling me -this- time! I am perfectly capable of forming rational conversation, you’re the one who refuses to except anything except your own narrow minded concepts! Who are you to tell me how to run this Corp. huh? You left -us-, not the other way around.”

He swiftly moves past Sayuri through the hall, kicking the doors open to the central building to the outside grounds, throwing his arms up as if to indicate the sprawling and chaotic grounds behind him, trying to wedge himself in the door to block Sayuri’s path.

“Look at this! This is a nightmare! You want to talk about…history…about culture! This is just some mausoleum! The culture of this place is preserved! You think I’d just destroy the iconography of my home! But it’s not in the buildings, it’s not in the bloody sidewalks. It’s in the people! History is made from people’s actions. Not stone and mortar. Give me one good reason why this whole place shouldn’t be torn down!”
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri stops to avoid walking over Takeshi, glaring at the young man with utter contempt as he vents, even though she still retains a smile on her face. "What about history or culture?", she says calmly, though the words feel like poison creeping under Takeshi's skin. "I've said nothing of the sort to you, Kitano-san. Or have you been eavesdropping on me and Yama-san. How astute of you."

"You should have nothing to worry about. I freely admit this place could use some improvements. It's the methods, not the general idea, I'm wary of. And as I already said your Vice Commander has me convinced. At least for now."

"However, I must politely disagree with your view of the importance of stone and mortar, Commander", Sayuri chimes, her eyes narrowing slightly behind her glasses. "You are right it's people, not buildings, that make history. But none of us are truly immortal. Stone and mortar can stay in place long after people are gone... as such, they serve as valuable reminders of them and their actions. If they are to be taken down, I want to make sure it is done with proper respect."

Sayuri's sugary exterior starts to flake off, and her face adopts the draconic frown that is more usual for her. She continues talking to Takeshi in a manner reminescent of a mother scolding a child, small hints of disappointment and sadness ringing in his ears. "My greatest concern for the moment, talking of people as we are, is you, Commander Takeshi. You've not convinced me that you're a good example to your underlings, or that your actions deserve to be commemorated by stone. I'm also honestly worried about your well-being, but these things can wait 'til you are sober and more willing to listen to my words."

"I might have left before, but don't think it means I haven't cared, or don't care, of this place and these people. More importantly, nothing keeps me from coming back if I deem it necessary." Sayuri takes a step forward and beckons past Takeshi to the outside world. "By all means, Kitano-san, prove me such actions are not. It would, indeed, be a pleasent surprise and ease my heart greatly. Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say your actions have been less than exemplary so far. Don't waste our times by claiming otherwise. Now, would you please move out of my way, Kitano-san?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-07-16 at 03:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Takeshi narrows his eyes, firmly standing his ground as his voice slowly loses its typically good natured tone.

“Who are you to worry about me? You are cutting me down before you even know me, or what respect I have for this place. You act like I’m just some kid…but what the hell do you really know about me? You judgmental…”

He trials off, suddenly taking a step back and to the side of the door. He smiles softly, bowing low.

“You’re right of course Vice Captain Sayuri. I have not been thinking, please accept my most sincere apologies. My actions have been inappropriate for a man of my station and I deeply regret such. Please allow me to extend not only my apologies, but several other words before you leave.”

Takeshi remains in the bow, his eyes staring deep holes into the floor of the central Kido Corp. offices.

“I hope, even if you find it not needed, you leave the Gotei 13 and come back to us, as I am sure Chen-sama would be deeply…and gravely disappointed with not only your actions up to this point, but in your refusal to accept the person she herself put in place. I also hope that you rejoin our ranks, so that you may see first hand what I have to offer the Kido Corp. Have a good day, Sayuri-chan. Do come and check on the deconstruction effort when you have a chance. I am sure it will take several days under Vice Commander Yuuta’s and Yasu’s direction. Though when that time comes Vice Captain Sayuri you will remember your standing, my own and that you are not in the Gotei 13 grounds, and thus truly should have an unseated to guide you through our Grounds.”
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri sneers at Takeshi's farewell speech. "Whether Chen-Sama would approve of me is not what you should be worried about, Kitano-san. You'd be better served by asking whether she'd approve of you anymore", she says, looking sadly at Takeshi. " 'Apology' accepted. Like I said, we will meet again. Thank you for your time. Have a good day yourself as well, Kitano-san."

With those words, Sayuri steps out of the door and calmy walks out of Corps grounds. Since she's yet to recieve a reply from either Emet or Kiku, she heads for her apartment. She has some books to check...

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Halfling in the Playground

[Tai]

Tai returns to the Kido Corps HQ having successfully completed her mission of spending all their muns in the Rukon District.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    "Here you go then" she said, and handed him a menu.

Kiku put her elbows on the table with her cheeks caught in her palms. Her painted nails are all visible as they rest on her face. She asked excitedly, "So do I get to see what's underneath that mask, then?"
    Sigint takes the menu. "Thank you." He looks it over for a few moments before looking back up at Kiku when she talked to him. He smiled behind the mask. "Why of course. I have to remove the mask in order to eat."

He then moved his fingers towards his neck as if to take off the mask. Then, he slowly moved his fingers upwards, eventually resting around his chin, peeling off a piece of the mask that reveals a bit of his chin and his mouth. It shows him smiling rather impishly, as well as small bits of scars and burn marks, noticabely one coming from the corner of his mouth. Obviously, his mask was some marvel from the 12th. "I hope you like the sight." Why Sigint, I didn't realize you were still a tease. Maybe. Just haven't had much of a chance to use it as of late.

When the waitress comes around, he orders noodles, beef, and steamed vegetables.

22. - Top - End - #1012

Kiku's hands came down from her face, and she leaned forward to get a better look. "Ehhh?" she sounded and looked more amused and surprised than anything else. "So cool!" She squealed. Then after calming down, she said, "Sorry if that was offensive," then she leaned closer to him, "I just like men with scars." She then reached for the mask-

And then a hell butterfly landed on her hand, interrupting her. "Way to ruin a moment." she pouted then sat back in her seat. "Gimme a sec." she said. Then sends her reply, somewhat annoyed, completely ignoring the chill in Sayuri's tone.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Sayuri-chan, why do you always gotta call at the worst times? I'm having breakfast right now, with our one of our dearest Onmitsukido Commanders. What'd you need?"

23. - Top - End - #1013

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    [Tai]

Tai returns to the Kido Corps HQ having successfully completed her mission of spending all their muns in the Rukon District.
    A small dragonfly flutters near Tai, exploding into a din of sound and fury.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Tai

Please return to the meeting room of the central Kido Corp. building for information regarding the Demolition. Thank you.
    My Current Works

24. - Top - End - #1014

[Tai]

Tai listens to the message and giggles. She holds her arms out to either side and runs off, making super realistic airplane noises.

Soon enough she arrives at the meeting room.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

25. - Top - End - #1015

Kitano Takeshi is already waiting in the meeting room, though its empty. Takeshi's voice is strained, almost angry though its hard to really tell if its at her, himself..or anything really.

"Take a seat...sorry to call you in alone, we're not ready for the decomissioning of all these buildings...I figured we could talk like we used to way back when...how did the expidition go? Where did you go...where's all the stuff you bought."

(Can really make up what ever you want here Purple )
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #1016

[Tai]

The seemingly little girl grins and stands at attention.

She recites in perfect detail exactly what she purchased and from who. It is a rather long list and the large majority of the items she purchased are... well, exactly what one might expect a young child to purchase. Toys, candy, shiny baubles of varying uselessness. Her report is almost painfully detailed regarding price and condition of the items purchased. When she finishes she quirks a smile.

"And then I gave it all away, just like you said!"

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

[Somewhere in Seireitei]

Sayuri is halfway to her apartment when she receives Kiku's reply. She stops for a moment, musing about her friend's words. Breakfast? It's afternoon, why is she... agh. That woman is impossible. Sayuri bites her lip a little, then conjures up another butterfly. Soon enough, the diligent insect descends on table next to Kiku.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm sorry for the interruption, Kiku-chan. I just wanted to know whether you're out of work already. After you're done enjoying your breakfast, could you please stop by in my place?

Sincerely,

---------- Sayuri-chan

PS: Onmitsukido Commander, you say? Could you ask him whether he knows anything about 'Kitano Takeshi'? I'd be very thankful if you'd manage to squueze something out of him.

PPS: Feel free to bring him along if you feel like it."

Satisfied with her message, Sayuri finishes her trip briskly. Her mind wanders back to the thought of pranking Takeshi in some way. Hmmm. What would be a fitting curse? she muses as she picks up an old notebook from her bookshelf...

28. - Top - End - #1018

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    [Tai]

The seemingly little girl grins and stands at attention.

She recites in perfect detail exactly what she purchased and from who. It is a rather long list and the large majority of the items she purchased are... well, exactly what one might expect a young child to purchase. Toys, candy, shiny baubles of varying uselessness. Her report is almost painfully detailed regarding price and condition of the items purchased. When she finishes she quirks a smile.

"And then I gave it all away, just like you said!"
    Takeshi listens patiantly through the whole report, a large blue board appearing next to him, the words transposing themselves on the board as their spoken.

"Good...I suppose thats really all I asked. Your next mission Tai-chan, I want you to go stir some trouble up in the Gotei. I don't care how. Just...distract them. This has to go off without a hitch. Can you do that?"
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #1019

[Tai]

Tai grins slowly and wide.

"Aye Sir! How much destruction is within the acceptable limits of this mission? And can I use the captive Hollows in the testing labs to facilitate my mission's completion?"
    Last edited by Purple Rose; 2010-07-18 at 10:33 PM.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

30. - Top - End - #1020

Takeshi sputters, though really, knowing the girl that wasn't a surprise.

"What? No, none! No damage to their place and -don't- let them know we're keeping hollows around here, do you know what they'd do to me? Even if they were Chen's, I'm not getting in trouble for that old Crone! No destruction to property -or- lives. Well...ok...maybe mess some of their people up but don't do any lasting damage."
    My Current Works