New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society

After finishing with all her work for today, Kyasarin heads back to the Onmitsukidō base here Nao and Yuuki are. She stands next to them as they talk.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

"My duties of the evening have just begun, Captain Miyagawa. I brought my report to you immediately, as was requested. With your leave I am going to begin my requisite duties now." Nao tells him, turning to leave before he gets an answer, though lingering at the door.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    As the Captain's meeting is adjourned, Emet approaches Osamu with a thin piece of paperwork.

"Captain of the 5th Squad, this being approaches you with a humble request."

He presents the paperwork to his fellow Captain before continuing.

"This being's Squad has reported that its current seki-seki quarry is near utter depletion. This being would be most grateful if you could disseminate the messages contained within that paperwork to the listed individuals. They mostly consist of requests for patience regarding the commencement of new constructions until a suitable replacement quarry can be identified."
    Osamu shakes his head as Masaru returned his reply with one of his own, giving a soft sigh even as he turned to the rather peculiar Emet.

"I am happy to hear the request Emet-taichou." Osamu replies formally, taking the document from his fellow captain and reading over it slowly.

"I believe that I'll be able to do so. How soon does the message need to be delivered by? As soon as possible?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

Right. See you later, Nao-kun. Yuuki said, waving goodbye to Nao. He suddenly sensed a familiar presence behind him, and smiled. What about you, Kyasa-chan? If you're bored with paperwork-I should know, you hate the stuff-then why not start your own nightly duties?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Osamu shakes his head as Masaru returned his reply with one of his own, giving a soft sigh even as he turned to the rather peculiar Emet.

"I am happy to hear the request Emet-taichou." Osamu replies formally, taking the document from his fellow captain and reading over it slowly.

"I believe that I'll be able to do so. How soon does the message need to be delivered by? As soon as possible?"
    "That would be most excellent. However, this being considers it worth noting that this information is not utterly vital. It can wait if information of greater import requires dissemination by the 5th Division."

6. - Top - End - #156

Nao leaves, heading out to do his normal duties. If anyone wishes to speak to him he is as usual hiding away in his office, working on paperwork and theorizing on Kujo's whereabouts.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #157

Kyasarin sighs.
    I'll get to it. The Seireitei needs some excitment. It's so boring. We at least need like a festival or something. Intruders would be nice too, then I might have a chance at releasing Senbara no Chitoge for once. She's itching for being used as more than a letter opener. Not that I want the Soul Society to be in danger though.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158

Yuuki grinned. Yep, that'd certainly be something. Of course, if it was Kujo, then we wouldn't exactly be celebrating. Oh well....I have to go and yell at the 5th for not turning in this month's intel reports on Kujo and Hueco Mundo to the 8th. Later. He waved and started walking towards the 5th's main room.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

9. - Top - End - #159

Kyasarin nods and goes to the main security room to check the video monitors for any suspicious activity.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    When Kazuo returns to 12th Division, he will be notified by one of the Artificial Souls that 20th Seat Hirako Yoshi wishes to speak with him regarding one of Yoshi's current projects.
    Kazuo took seat on his office and spun his chair around after checking the message, opening a telecomunications link to Yoshi.

---

In Yoshi's location, a TV screen descends form the ceiling, changing to show Kazuo's face.

"What do you have for me today, Yoshi?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Somewhere in 13th division grounds:

"Crossdale Allan"
    , a voice comes from behind the unseated. "You should be on emergency duty. What are you doing here?" If Allan turns to look, he will find himself face to face with Sato Hachirou.

Who is, for some inconceivable reason, wearing a clown suit. With red fake hair, yellow overalls and white paint smeared on his face, the 13th seat looks like he just jumped from a commercial promoting a certain multi-national fast-food chain popular in the Mortal World.

He is not amused. Or maybe it's just the natural creepiness of the clown face.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #162

A barrage of jumbled noise, yells, and curses follows shortly from the 5th's main room. The final yell, the loudest one yet, could be clearly heard. Whaddaya mean, won't deliver?! A few minutes later, a very angry-looking Yuuki stormed down the halls, his purple hair curling in agitation, and his arms full of papers. Holding them tightly, he blurred in shunpo, re-appearing in the 8th Division headquarters, outside of Masaru's office. Discovering it empty, he placed the papers in a relatively neat stack on top of Masaru's desk, and scribbled a quick note on the top of one of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Masaru-san, here's all of the intel papers on Kujo and Hueco Mundo, like you asked. Sorry they were late. -Yuuki.

With that, he left the office, quietly closing the door, and vanished back to the 2nd Division.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Kazuo took seat on his office and spun his chair around after checking the message, opening a telecomunications link to Yoshi.

---

In Yoshi's location, a TV screen descends form the ceiling, changing to show Kazuo's face.

"What do you have for me today, Yoshi?"
    Yoshi looked up from his workbench when his Captain's visage appeared. There were scattered bits of metal, parts, odd jars, and tools all over the area. Yoshi himself looked exasperated.

"Oh, hello sir. Sorry to come to you with this, but I've reached an impasse. This is the next step in our portable weapons development; uses rotary barrels that fire built-up charges of energy. I'm modeling them on a low-level Hado."

He taps the mangled mass in front of him.

"Problem is, we can't get it to charge right. Either it goes so slow it leaves large gaps in the firing...Or it charges so quickly it'll explode before it has a chance to fire. We might be able to reduce the barrels, but that falls under the minimum desired specifications you handed. I wanted to bring it to your attention."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

14. - Top - End - #164

Kyasarin is waiting for him with a raised eyebrow.
    What was all that about?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

Eh, just the 5th Unit's usual excuse. They needed more time to write stuff up, process, blah blah blah, etcetera. Man, when I find their Commander, I'm going to give him the talking-to of his life. Yuuki sighed, trying to make his hair look a little less messy...and failing.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhere in 13th division grounds:

"Crossdale Allan"
    , a voice comes from behind the unseated. "You should be on emergency duty. What are you doing here?" If Allan turns to look, he will find himself face to face with Sato Hachirou.

Who is, for some inconceivable reason, wearing a clown suit. With red fake hair, yellow overalls and white paint smeared on his face, the 13th seat looks like he just jumped from a commercial promoting a certain multi-national fast-food chain popular in the Mortal World.

He is not amused. Or maybe it's just the natural creepiness of the clown face.
    Allan freezes and slowly turns, his innocent, "I didn't do anything wrong" smile already plastered across his face. He begins speaking before he can even see his superior, so practiced is he at making excuses.

"I'm really sorry about that, but I don't think anyone told me about...it..."

Allan trails off as he comes face to face with Hachirou, completely losing his train of thought from surprise as he takes in his superior's unusual appearance. He doesn't immediately recover.

"Um."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Eh, just the 5th Unit's usual excuse. They needed more time to write stuff up, process, blah blah blah, etcetera. Man, when I find their Commander, I'm going to give him the talking-to of his life. Yuuki sighed, trying to make his hair look a little less messy...and failing.
    Kyasarin nods.
    If you would excuse me Captain, I'm going to go take a walk.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

Yeah, I should get to my own duties. Later. He waved, and disappeared to his desk to face....hours of paperwork. Sigh...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

19. - Top - End - #169

Hideyaki, with paper bundled up under his arm, heads back to 7th Division after finishing... Whatever he was finishing. Taking the road on the way back, he paced himself to the point of having the maximum speed possible with the least number of steps. His stride lengthened by an absolutely precise amount, and he sped his way over to the Division headquarters, with a mind to inspect the fortifications after handing in these papers.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Yoshi looked up from his workbench when his Captain's visage appeared. There were scattered bits of metal, parts, odd jars, and tools all over the area. Yoshi himself looked exasperated.

"Oh, hello sir. Sorry to come to you with this, but I've reached an impasse. This is the next step in our portable weapons development; uses rotary barrels that fire built-up charges of energy. I'm modeling them on a low-level Hado."

He taps the mangled mass in front of him.

"Problem is, we can't get it to charge right. Either it goes so slow it leaves large gaps in the firing...Or it charges so quickly it'll explode before it has a chance to fire. We might be able to reduce the barrels, but that falls under the minimum desired specifications you handed. I wanted to bring it to your attention."
    "Hmm... See if you can rig an RCA* to the prototype, test it with the controlled energy flow. And make some lower specification prototypes, we can use the working designs to study viability and redo the calculations to fit the settings to the higher specifications. "
    *Reiryoku Current Alternator.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "Hmm... See if you can rig an RCA* to the prototype, test it with the controlled energy flow. And make some lower specification prototypes, we can use the working designs to study viability and redo the calculations to fit the settings to the higher specifications. "
    *Reiryoku Current Alternator.
    Yoshi nodded, a small smile slowly spreading across his face.

"Yes...yes, that might do it, sir. Thank you. I know how important safety is to you, and I figured exploding weapons kind of went against that. I'll get right on it."

With that, he returned to his work, pulling off a piece here, adjusting a piece there, and reaching for the shelf behind him for a few parts.

Before he started soldering, he took a moment to lower his slightly over-sized dark goggles over his eyes. His white lab overcoat would keep his clothes safe, and the gloves were pretty much standard uniform. Normally, goggles were overkill, but some of these pieces might have residual charge. And his eyes did tend to react poorly to things like red-hot shrapnel.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allan freezes and slowly turns, his innocent, "I didn't do anything wrong" smile already plastered across his face. He begins speaking before he can even see his superior, so practiced is he at making excuses.

"I'm really sorry about that, but I don't think anyone told me about...it..."

Allan trails off as he comes face to face with Hachirou, completely losing his train of thought from surprise as he takes in his superior's unusual appearance. He doesn't immediately recover.

"Um."
    Hachirou crosses his arms over his chest. There's a long, decidedly awkward silence as the two men stare at each other. "I get back from my day off, and this is what I find?", the officer asks, tapping the ground with his comically over-sized shoes. "For such a promising soldier, you sure are good at finding new ways to disappoint, Crossdale-kun. I should probably report you to Hayashi-taichou."

"But, since I'm technically still off-duty, I'm willing to let this slide. If I find you in your designated post in..." The officer picks a flower from his chest pocket and checks the watch on its back, "...two minutes from now, it seems. Do we have a deal?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

"You know I consider us friends. That's why the next question is as a friend, not a Captain.

How are you holding up with the job? I know it's been a couple of years, and you've yet to run off to the loony bin. But I also know you weren't a big fan of how...sudden...the promotion was.
    "
    Ryouichi hums for a moment. "Well, it certainly isn't easy... But it makes me popular with the ladies, so I can't complain." He gives a thumbs up to Masaru, before busting into laughter.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hachirou crosses his arms over his chest. There's a long, decidedly awkward silence as the two men stare at each other. "I get back from my day off, and this is what I find?", the officer asks, tapping the ground with his comically over-sized shoes. "For such a promising soldier, you sure are good at finding new ways to disappoint, Crossdale-kun. I should probably report you to Hayashi-taichou."

"But, since I'm technically still off-duty, I'm willing to let this slide. If I find you in your designated post in..." The officer picks a flower from his chest pocket and checks the watch on its back, "...two minutes from now, it seems. Do we have a deal?"
    Allan stretches lazily as Hachirou berates him for his laziness. The message has been delivered dozens of ways over the years, but ultimately they all carry more or less the same message, and Allan has never cared. When Hachirou finishes, he nods and salutes.

"Yes, sir. It's the retirement. Its got me off my game."

He then runs off in the direction of his usual posting.

Ugh, I didn't even know about this "emergency posting."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

25. - Top - End - #175

Karite groans as he returns to his office.

"Damn... It looks like the paperwork from Second is finally here. Now lets see... Should I do the paperwork, or should I go find someone in the Division, and tell them they need to spar with me... Decisions, decisions..."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Ryouichi hums for a moment. "Well, it certainly isn't easy... But it makes me popular with the ladies, so I can't complain." He gives a thumbs up to Masaru, before busting into laughter.
    Masaru shakes his head with a smile.

"Indeed? I hope it isn't too stressful, dealing with the fans."

He then sighs and lightly runs a hand through his hair.

"Do you think I ask too much of my fellows, with the constant reports to read, and training and questions and such? Sometimes I feel like I'm hitting nothing but brick walls, even when I'm just trying to help us all stay alive and safe. In that order."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Hachirou follows Allan with his gaze for a moment and shakes his head. He isn't convinced the unseated knows where he's going or what he's supposed to do. Maybe I should propose sending him to 6th for extended training? He's seriously lacking in discipline, the officer muses. A pity, really. He's such a nice fellow. I'll have to think what to do about him.

Lost in his thoughts, the 13th seat makes his way to the barracks, greeting fellow Shinigami on the way. After a quick shower to wash the clown make-up away, he goes to his locker and opens it, sighing. Back to black, it seems, he thinks as he pulls out his Shihakusho and starts dressing. He can't even put to words how much contempt he feels for the archaic and unwieldy uniform. At least we should get some sensible foot-wear. Maybe I should petition 12th for some...?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

"Do you think I ask too much of my fellows, with the constant reports to read, and training and questions and such? Sometimes I feel like I'm hitting nothing but brick walls, even when I'm just trying to help us all stay alive and safe. In that order."
    "I wouldn't say so... but, give them a break once in a while; sometimes it's tiring enough dealing with one's own division, we should know, eh?" Ryouichi shrugs.

"...so, do you have time for a night on the town later? To celebrate my second year, and all." The commander grins widely.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Ude walked into Ryou's office, like the mere mention of partying and drinking summoned him from where ever he might be, drinking from another cup of Sake. Ryou had left the bottle out.

"Yo little bro! Here, have a drink."

Ude shuffled about, producing both the Sake bottle Ryou had left in the meeting room.

"Ryou, you doing anything important?"

Ude looked over at the CG, taking another drink. Ude's tolerance for drink was quite large. He wouldn't even begin to get drunk until this bottle was finished, and another opened.
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-14 at 04:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Taiki nods. "I found these several years ago. I didn't know I hadn't shown you yet. But I figured it would be a good time to come. These ones only bloom this time of year." He reaches up to a nearby tree and tenderly holds a flower. For a moment his face seems a bit somber, but it is incredibly fleeting, almost unnoticeable. His smile is incredibly quick to return.

"Shall we go? There's something else I want to show you."
    Natsuko smiles, and nods quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine