New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Outside XVI

This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
    Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
    Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
    Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
    Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
    Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
    The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
    The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.
    The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.
    Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about.

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Dead Pine Lake]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

Spoiler
    Show

[The Islands]
    Spoiler
    Show

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]
    Spoiler
    Show

Gersemi the seighkona lives on a small island in the archipelago with a single hut and a few sheep. Inside the hut, there is a single room, and a fireplace. A loom rests in one corner.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Gersemi.)

[Redbrick Falls]
    Spoiler
    Show

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]
    Spoiler
    Show

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

PM Whoever's posted the current Outside thread if you wish to add locations to Outside.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-08-17 at 08:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Outside XVI

[Raril's Apartment]

Raril looks the nymph up and down quickly, and a sense of horror comes over him. The only nymph he'd ever known with purple hair... no, he couldn't think about that.

"Yes?" He answers, his mouth suddenly dry. He takes a step back from the doorway, at once putting distance between himself and the girl and putting himself into a more defensive position. One hand says on the edge of the door, ready to slam it shut if he needed to.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[Raril's Apartment]

Ilpholin takes a single step forward with one leg and brings the other leg up to knee Raril in the stomach.

"Hello DADDY."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

((I think you left out the NEXUS thing Reinholdt))
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

[Raril's Apartment]

Raril tenses as soon as sh starts to move, rolling with the hit so all it does is knock the wind out of him. Still, he falls to the ground, looking more injured than he was. The drow rolls to his side, looking up at Ilpholin. Behind his back, he discreetly slides a dagger into his hand.

"You.. got a lot bigger... since I last saw you." He wheezes.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2010-08-05 at 10:20 PM. Reason: More Elipses!
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril will hear a voice behind his back, and Ilpholin will see a rather tall fellow stand up in the room. He's got a rather strange looking contraption in his hand, above his head.

"Among my people, I am noted for my skill with the atlatl. I can throw a dart with enough force to go straight through a reindeer at ten-spear lengths. Would you like me to attempt it to you?"

The fellow's eyes are...fiery, to say the least.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[Raril's Apartment]

"You. NEVER. SAW ME!"

She completely ignores big fellow in the back, instead drawing whip into her hand incredibly fast and having it dart out, to try to wrap around Raril's legs and pull him in closer to her so she can hop on top of him and straddle him to glare him in the face.

"You never wrote, you never called, you sure as hell never visited for the family picnic! I never saw you once."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-08-05 at 10:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

((Yes, title needs [Nexus] tag. We're so close to having the whole first page properly tagged.))

[AuxCave]

Sunny, IZK-alpha, and Butler tumble through the telewarp portal that closes right behind them.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

[Raril's Apartnemt]

Raril winces when the whip wraps around his ankles, but it was a feeling he was all too familiar with. He doesn't put up much of a fight when Ilpholin drags him towards her, nor does he lash out when she draws close, although he certainly could.

"And there is a very good reason for that." He says, calmly.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XVI

*was tagging things [Nexus] before it was cool*

Meanwhile, a leaf falls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

"I assume, Raril, that you don't want me to skewer her."

He doesn't, however, move.

"I will keep this pointed at her. As a contingency."
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Raril's Apartment]

"Much appreciated, friend." The drow replies, not taking his eyes off his daughter. They might be family, but he was under no illusions that she wouldn't try to kill him given half the chance.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Leaving Trog's, towards Felina]

Goes Ashna, walking with a moderate amount of suspicion. She and the flames roaring about her are too focused on watching Butler to notice the heat or sound of Moff, who I believe is sneaking along behind.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2010-08-05 at 10:52 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[Raril's Apartment]

"THERE'S NO GOOD REASON!!" Ilpholin screams, her lip trembling.

She sits back up as tears start to fall from her eyes. "Where were you daddy?"

She begins beating at Raril's chest with her fists, much like a kid would in a temper tantrum. Only she's way stronger. Though she's not particularly trying hard, so it is reasonable to assume that Raril could get a hold of her arms and stop her. If she were trying, oh he'd feel it all right. "Where were you when they put spiders in my shampoo? Where were you when I got plastered with rotten eggs for walking down the street? Where were you when they killed Mister Wayne, huh?!"

"WHERE WERE YOU DADDY?!" She's all out sobbing.

Butler follows dutifully! *whistling here*
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-08-05 at 10:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

[Raril's Apartment]

Raril withstands a few hits without much complaint, but afraid she might crack a rib, he slowly moves to take Ilpholin by the wrists, abandoning the dagger he held in his hand.

"I was here. I had to stay here. I couldn't go back, and you couldn't come here. I'm sorry you had to stay in that place, but my sister could protect you and your brother, when I could not." He tries to explain, guilt written plainly on his face.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    ((Yes, title needs [Nexus] tag. We're so close to having the whole first page properly tagged.))

[AuxCave]

Sunny, IZK-alpha, and Butler tumble through the telewarp portal that closes right behind them.
    Butler is also in the AuxCave.

Sunny gets to her feet, and checks that her laptop is okay before stowing it in a compartment inside IZK-alpha. "Mrs Amakirr is this way," she says, and leads Butler to the MagFirmary.

Where he'll see Happy lying on a bed, hooked up to tubes and wires and stuff, and looking like a vaguely melted version of herself. But at least she's not randomly shifting anymore.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff is indeed wandering behind Butler and Ashna, made nearly imperceptible by his luck magic.

18. - Top - End - #18

[Road - Towards Felina]

As a solid month of walking is a bit much, Ashna is whispering into a phone, asking if the weekly supply airship could detour a bit and carry a few passengers.
    She tries to keep her voice quiet and not Butler-audible, but he can probably hear with his cat ears and magical lich-senses, if he wants.
    As the answer is a 'yes', she'll soon put away the phone.
    "Have you been to see Adam since you got back, Butler, sir?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2010-08-05 at 11:09 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

[Raril's Apartment]

Ilpholin cracks a grin.
    "Protect me? She did no such thing. I did. I got through. I didn't need you nor Danube or uncle Sszy or mommy or even Naddy."

She giggles. "How did you and mommy do it, daddy? Did you beg for it?"

[AuxCave]
    Oh, thought you were deadtiming.
    Butler follows.

"Is she alright ma'am?"

[Road to Felina]

Butler does hear, but he's not going to be so rude as to interrupt someone's phone call.
    He does shake his head to her question. "No ma'am. I only got back a few days ago ma'am."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-08-05 at 11:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

[AuxCave]

I was, but I suck at deadtiming.

"She got electrocuted, and that gave her shifter sickness," Sunny says, reading it off the monitor above Happy's bed. "Magtok thinks her uncle can help, but we don't know where he is."

((okay, /now/ I'm deadtiming... hopefully))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

[Raril's Apartment]

That was a bit too much for Raril. His eyes flash red and he shoves at Ilpholin, trying to change their positions and pin her to the floor. "Don't you ever talk about that night!" He snaps.

The Nymph might be surprised to find he's significantly stronger than he looks.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #22

Ashna will nod. Of course Cal wouldn't go back to Felina yet. That would make things too complicated.
    "How did you get back, sir?" she asks, to pass the time.

At length, a large, blocky airship-truck, designed vaguely along the lines of a fish, will fly over the road, held up by spinning crystals orbiting the truck. It slowly comes to a stop, and a rope ladder is tossed over the side.
    "That will take us to the see-saw." she says, waiting by the ladder for Cal-Butler to board.

Moff will easily be lucky enough to grab the ladder just before it's pulled up, hop onto one of the circling lift crystals, or attempt some other means of boarding the airship, if he wishes to.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

[AuxCave]

"Poor Mrs. Amikarr ma'am."

"Is there anything I can do to help ma'am?"

[Raril's Apartment]

Seems to be a theme with the Xar'Cha family.

Anyways, the position is switched, and though Ilpholin stops laughing and stops crying, her face, wet as it is, is replaced by one thing she inherited from her mother. That accursed, detestable, "I've got you right where I want you" smirk.

She doesn't say anything though.

[On the road to Felina]

"A Diet threw me here and told me to balance the see-saw ma'am. I didn't really have any say in it ma'am."

Oooh. A ship. Neat.
    Butler boards it and immediately starts looking around curiously. Clearly he's trying to figure out how to hijack it for himself and use it as a platform to attack the multi-verse with.

((deadtime cause Rein has an interview tomorrow and he wants to actually be awake for it.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff hops straight on, but attempts to stay out of sight until after the airship is en route. Once the airship is in motion, The Moff walks out into the open. Nice ship you got here.

25. - Top - End - #25

[Airship]

They're on the deck, and a bit further forward there's a locked cabin with the driver. Back a ways is the cargo hold that occupies most of the ship, with a large bomb-shelter type door to enter.
    Little bits of glowing crystal feature everywhere, especially on the doors and edges of the ship.
    "Well, I know you can do it." This is a really good Butler impression.
    "Oh. Hello, Moff. Is there a reason you've stowed away on our ship?"
    She glances meaningfully towards the railing.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff rubs his hands together. Oh, a few reasons. Mostly I was bored. But also, I have a feeling there's something important about our friend here. The Moff jerks his head towards Butler. Seems that AMEN should be represented here, no? The Moff isn't particularly threatening, but he hasn't gotten rid of that submachine gun, and he rests his hand on it.

27. - Top - End - #27

"Show me the representatives from NO and HALO, then." Ashna moves a hand towards the laser-pistol at her waist, to match.
    "I suspect our friend may be someone else entirely."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff rolls his eyes. Well, that's their problem, isn't it? Lack of foresight. Unproffesional.
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2010-08-06 at 12:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Ashna rolls her eyes, mocking. "You lack as much foresight as they. You were merely lucky."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff grins. It's a rather manic grin, and he's proud of it. Slouching around with Jack Empty has numerous benefits. Better lucky than good, right?