New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

[Valeria's House]

Val scratches her head, unsure what to think.

Viatrix emerges after a few minutes, sputtering and glaring at Eirine. "What the hell!? Are you trying to kill me!?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki

Aki, in contrast, is quite sure what to think. She doesn't really care either way... except for the fact that they got her wet. If it was one of her classmates, she might have taken some action... but as it was, it was easier to just let it go.

Always is...

Aki sighed, just floating aimlessly now that she was in the pool.

---

Ava

Ava cocked her head at Vi's statement, figuring out what she probably meant rather quickly. She looked over at Donovan questioningly. Even if Vi had sunk, he'd be able to save her. Ava just didn't know if he would.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Valaria's house]

Rosa's face became somewhat miffed, that is in comparison to how she normally looks. This gives her a look like that of a mother discouraging a child from doing wrong, although not in a demeaning way. She gives a look towards Ayaka, before returning her look towards Eirine. "She is right, Eirine-san. Although I have to admit the prank was entertaining, it could have hurt someone. It may be a good idea to be more careful next time." She then stood up and looked towards everyone, her face back to her normal self. "I suppose as long I have everyone's attention, is there anything I can get for any of you?"
    Ayaka's glare becomes a sigh. At least these people have some sense between them. "Yeah, I'll get a... cola or something." she mutters as she wades towards the ladder.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Val's House

Kaito, meanwhile, has moved himself to the far side of the pool, opting to stay out of the way of potentially angry females.

'So long as they don't get mad at me, I suppose I don't care too much. Makes for a lively show, anyways.'

He smirks just a tiny bit as he watches and ponders.

'Glad I came. Looks like Valeria's enjoying having people over too. If anyone at school does give her crap about being an immigrant, we have a decent group to stand by her, at least.'
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #515
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    A shadow looms over the young delinquent. Should he turn, he'll see Claudia Abel, hands on her hips. A shocked, indignant look is on her face.

"Well, that's no way to speak of a friend, young man."
    Ryo froze and nearly spat up the cola he was drinking, Is she talking to me? Turning around he bowed replied as politely as possible, "Oh hello there missus. Pleased to make your acquaintance. Is there something you needed from me?" Well, at this point, Claudia could pick any number of things for a reason not to trust him. Maybe its the highlights on his hair, or the lip ring, or that he's not even dressed for a pool party.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-06-25 at 12:46 AM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

[Valeria's House]

Emi has discreetly moved away from the conflict in a manner similar to Kaito, and is now sitting on the edge, swinging her feet back and forth in the water. She feels slightly lost, not quite sure what to do next- but definitely has the urge to do something.

She looks around, trying to find something at the party to catch her interest.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

[Downtown]

"Őta Yui" is walking on the streets, wearing a brand new suit. He got out of the hospital yesterday, and is now trying to navigate his way around, a map in hand. Lets see... it should be just around the corner, she muses, lifting her eyes from the map to give a hesitant look around - then her eyes light up as she spots what she was looking for: a sign reading "Venti Buon Cafe.

But when she gets there, her face falls flat. The place is closed.

Whaaaa-... but the phone book said it should be open! Crumpling the map in her hand, she tries the door in dibelief, but it's locked. There's no-one around. Not fair! I wanted coffee! She kicks the door in frustration, hurting her toe. #¤&%@&!

Oh well. Sure there'd be other good cafeteria's around. Turning her back to the accursed hovel, "Yui" reopens her map and starts going through her options. After a while of staring at it in confusion, she realizes she's holding it upside down and flips it around. Travel as a mortal is such a bother...
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-25 at 09:22 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryo froze and nearly spat up the cola he was drinking, Is she talking to me? Turning around he bowed replied as politely as possible, "Oh hello there missus. Pleased to make your acquaintance. Is there something you needed from me?" Well, at this point, Claudia could pick any number of things for a reason not to trust him. Maybe its the highlights on his hair, or the lip ring, or that he's not even dressed for a pool party.
    Claudia sweeps her eyes over Ryo briefly, and then smiles good-naturedly and clasps her hands together.

"Well, that's more like it! It looks like the young lady that you insulted is busy, so I won't have you apologize yet, but since you're asking, I'd find it very helpful for you to ferry out drinks for everyone."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519

I've become a servant! he whines in his head. Externally, he says politely, "Of course missus!" He'll take a swig of his own cola and then help her pass out drinks in whatever way he was supposed to be handing them out.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    I've become a servant! he whines in his head. Externally, he says politely, "Of course missus!" He'll take a swig of his own cola and then help her pass out drinks in whatever way he was supposed to be handing them out.
    Rather than handing them out, Ryo is expected to help set up a table with a punch bowl, carry out the first batch of ingredients, and pour or make refills as necessary.

Once everything's set up, and Ryo has been shown how to make the punch out of the required ingredients, Claudia opts for a bit of sunbathing. She's still close enough to keep an eye on her new servant.

"Let me know if you have any questions!"
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Ayaka's glare becomes a sigh. At least these people have some sense between them. "Yeah, I'll get a... cola or something." she mutters as she wades towards the ladder.
    "I can get it for you if you want. You don't have to worry." After she recieves a response, Rosa moves towards Emi and Kaito, noticing that no one really took her offer. "Is there anything I can get for you?" she asks them when she reaches them. It's sort of akward, but a woman's got to do her job. Afterwards, she heads towards Nakahiro. "I'm sorry about the interruption," she says when she reaches him, "I was worried for a second someone might have been hurt." She then resumes the order-taking, before going off and getting the necessary items, returning with them pointedly.

(OOC: I'm kind of lost on what to do here. Help?)

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Val's House]

Kaito hauls himself up out of the pool and goes over to retrieve his towel.

When Rosa asks him for an order, he thinks for a moment, then replies, "A bottle of soda, whatever's handy, please."

He then sits and starts to dry himself off a bit, content to let things settle a bit in the pool before returning to the water.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nakahiro gives Rosa a thumbs up.

"It's all good."

When Rosa departs, he grabs his umbrella, gets onto his feet, and moseys over to Kaito.

"What do you think so far?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

14. - Top - End - #524

[Val's House]

Noting that Claudia isn't going anywhere, he thinks to himself, I'm trapped... He sighs and then lifts his shades off his eyes, letting them rest on his head. He continues mixing the punch, then waits at the table staring off at everyone else. Where was Izumi? There she is, he grumbles, and while she's off enjoying herself in the pool, I'm stuck here watching a bowl of sugary liquid. Grabbing his cola again, he takes another sip while he enviously watches the kids in the pool, then leaves his cola on the table.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Val's House]

Kaito looks up and smiles as Nakahiro approaches.

"I'm rather enjoying myself. It's a good change of pace, I think I've met a couple new people, the pool's pretty fun..."

His eyes dart around, his mouth quirks up into a smirk, and he leans closer to his friend. His voice is just above a whisper.

"And it's a pleasant view, if you catch my drift."

He straightens and resumes normal volume.

"All in all, it's a nice way to end our summer break. I might be a "bookworm", but I've still gotten tired of school, homework, and even some reading after a while. Nice to switch it around a bit."

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi gets out of the pool, and heads over towards Val. "This has been a pretty good party so far, Val."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #527

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Val's House]

Kaito looks up and smiles as Nakahiro approaches.

"I'm rather enjoying myself. It's a good change of pace, I think I've met a couple new people, the pool's pretty fun..."

His eyes dart around, his mouth quirks up into a smirk, and he leans closer to his friend. His voice is just above a whisper.

"And it's a pleasant view, if you catch my drift."

He straightens and resumes normal volume.

"All in all, it's a nice way to end our summer break. I might be a "bookworm", but I've still gotten tired of school, homework, and even some reading after a while. Nice to switch it around a bit."
    Nakahiro listens quietly as Kaito speaks, then bends closer, grins impishly, and nods at his friend's conspiratorially whispered comment.

"Sure is."

He straightens back out and spins his umbrella around his hand absentmindedly while Kaito finishes.

"I hear ya. Saying hi to old friends, meeting new ones, and just getting a chance to be social for a change. The people I don't know seem pretty nice so far."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-06-25 at 05:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Orc in the Playground

[Val's House]

Val smiles, having dried herself off and slipped back into her t-shirt. "That's good to hear, Izumi-san." She has a seat on one of the pool chairs. "...It's nice to have friends, finally..."

Viatrix grumbles, but shrugs, figuring she was already wet, she could use some exercise. With that, she starts on a few laps.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #529
    Halfling in the Playground

Beck climbed out of the pool and ran her fingers through her hair to get a bit of the water out. She walked over to Rosa and said cheerfully, Excuse me, Caterer-san, I'm kind of thirsty. Do you guys have, like, a coke or a sprite or something? Thanks.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

20. - Top - End - #530

Ryo idly took the bottle cap from his cola, then flicked it quickly, aimed at the back of Izumi's head. Once he gets her attention, he'll try to wave her over and whisper to her quietly, "Hey, so whose party is it? And could you help me outta here? I'm sorta trapped..." he motioned Claudia with a slight tilt of his head.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-06-25 at 05:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro listens quietly as Kaito speaks, then bends closer, grins impishly, and nods at his friend's conspiratorially whispered comment.

"Sure is."

He straightens back out and spins his umbrella around his hand absentmindedly while Kaito finishes.

"I hear ya. Saying hi to old friends, meeting new ones, and just getting a chance to be social for a change. The people I don't know seem pretty nice so far."
    Kaito nods.

"Izumi, Emily, and Valeria are about the only ones I know besides you. But yeah, everyone here seems like a decent sort."

He glances at the umbrella.

"You do know it's not supposed to rain today, right?"

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately, the bottle cap misses, as Izumi sits down on the chair next to Val. Noticing him, she shoots him a glare.

Then, she looks at Val. "I'm happy to have you as a friend, Val-san."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-25 at 05:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #533

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaito nods.

"Izumi, Emily, and Valeria are about the only ones I know besides you. But yeah, everyone here seems like a decent sort."

He glances at the umbrella.

"You do know it's not supposed to rain today, right?"
    With a practiced motion of his hand, Nakahiro stops the umbrella's whirling dead as it is held horizontally. He looks blandly at Kaito, then in an equally rapid and efficient motion snaps it open over his head. He smiles flippantly.

"Sun shield."

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Beck climbed out of the pool and ran her fingers through her hair to get a bit of the water out. She walked over to Rosa and said cheerfully, Excuse me, Caterer-san, I'm kind of thirsty. Do you guys have, like, a coke or a sprite or something? Thanks.
    Rosa smiles at Takahiro's thumbs up and goes about her business. She stops when Beck calls to her and turns towards the source. "I'm sure we have something like that. Any particular preferences?"

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    With a practiced motion of his hand, Nakahiro stops the umbrella's whirling dead as it is held horizontally. He looks blandly at Kaito, then in an equally rapid and efficient motion snaps it open over his head. He smiles flippantly.

"Sun shield."
    Kaito laughs.

"Snazzy."

26. - Top - End - #536
    Halfling in the Playground

Beck shrugs. Well, coke, I guess.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Orc in the Playground

[Valeria's House]

Val blushes a bit. "T-thanks. Say... Do you want to see the rest of the house?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #538
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Beck shrugs. Well, coke, I guess.
    "Alright! Coke it is then. I will be right back." Rosa then dissappears into the catering setup as she gets the ordered items from their respective places.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

"I can get it for you if you want. You don't have to worry." After she recieves a response, Rosa moves towards Emi and Kaito, noticing that no one really took her offer. "Is there anything I can get for you?" she asks them when she reaches them.
    Emi shakes her head and smiles.
    "No, but thank you."
    With that, she gets up, deciding that she had best actually... well, do something. It wouldn't be much fun if she just sat around. Of course, once she was on her feet, she wasn't really sure where to go next. Maybe to talk to Kaito? But he seemed to already be talking to someone, and she saw him anyway... maybe she should talk to people she didn't usually talk to? That might be awkward though.

She bites her lip, then sees Val and Izumi talking. Well, it was Val's party- if she couldn't talk to her, that would be rather silly. And Izumi had seemed friendly enough. Holding tight to those thoughts, Emi walked around the pool to join them, hoping she wouldn't seem too awkward.
    Honestly, Emi probably does seem awkward, but it likely won't matter as much as she fears.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BitP:R] Mortal World

Michiko

Sleep had already eluded Michiko, first with making sure that Soshi wasn't going to have another 'episode' before taking him to a very...special doctor that her father had said was for emergencies only. This was an emergency but it had still taken several hours before she was certain Soshi was alright, and two guards stationed to keep an eye on him, just in case. By the time that she was on her way home (finally!) it was already into the next day and well into it at that! Light enough that she feels embarrassed at driving around in her pajamas on any case, all the motivation she needed to rush home though she's careful to avoid speeding and drawing even more attention to herself!

Slam!

The noise of the garage door closing couldn't have been more welcome as the tired teenager slumped back into her home, loudly dropping her bike helmet on the hardwood floor as she kicks off her sandals.

"Where have you been?" Just as she had begun to ascend the stairs, the stern voice of her father brings Michiko up short, almost flinching as she took a deep breath.

"There was an..."

"Your mother and I were worried sick! You exceeded your curfew by so much that isn't even funny!"

"...Sorry father."

"...You had best be. Now get upstairs and get some sleep. You're grounded for the rest of the week."

"Yes, sir." Solemnly she began to ascend the stairs again, chewing on her bottom lip in frustration, though as she reached the top she could hear her father speak up again.

"Michiko..you know why I'm doing this, don't you?"

"...Yeah." Michiko says softly before turning and walking into her room, closing the door and locking it before plopping down on her bed.

Sweet sweet sleep.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."