New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Downtown]

"Őta Yui" is walking on the streets, wearing a brand new suit. He got out of the hospital yesterday, and is now trying to navigate his way around, a map in hand. Lets see... it should be just around the corner, she muses, lifting her eyes from the map to give a hesitant look around - then her eyes light up as she spots what she was looking for: a sign reading "Venti Buon Cafe.

But when she gets there, her face falls flat. The place is closed.

Whaaaa-... but the phone book said it should be open! Crumpling the map in her hand, she tries the door in dibelief, but it's locked. There's no-one around. Not fair! I wanted coffee! She kicks the door in frustration, hurting her toe. #¤&%@&!

Oh well. Sure there'd be other good cafeteria's around. Turning her back to the accursed hovel, "Yui" reopens her map and starts going through her options. After a while of staring at it in confusion, she realizes she's holding it upside down and flips it around. Travel as a mortal is such a bother...
    If "Yui" is still near the cafe, she might see a red haired woman approach the establishment. She wears a white shirt with the sleeves cut off, and black cargo pants. There is some kind of thin pouch hanging from her belt, but it's hard to tell what's in it.

Silva reads the sign and sighs a little. She really liked the tea last time, and she was hoping somebody might know of any job openings in the area.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ichi stood before the street vendor with his trademark scowl, shoving the money to the seller before taking his takoyaki and beef bowl. He strides over to Nezumi, offering him a large bowl of ramen and pork. He puffs on his cigarette, muttering something to his companion before starting to eat.

"That was the last of the money. We gotta go out tonight."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Halfling in the Playground

[Takara]

The world is a vast and wondrous place, filled with adventure wherever one goes. There are those who stand in awe of the unknown, and then there are those who charge headlong into the unknown to see what it holds.

"Come ooooooooooon. How will we ever know for certain that the tree isn't filled with treasures if we never climb up there and find out. It's not like you couldn't catch me if I fall, and just imagine what a tree this old might have caught up there in those branches, just waiting to be found."

The tree: a two hundred year old giant growing out of the side of a river bank, its branches drooping and thick with green leaves. The girl: Takara, an enthusiastic student currently wearing a school uniform, despite the time of day and a pension for causing and getting into trouble. She stands at the base of the tree, looking up at where she swears she just saw a metallic glint amidst the leaves.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

4. - Top - End - #544

Pool Par-tay

Eirene leans against the side of the pool, watching her sister swim. Eirene seems to be happy just being in the sun, a smile growing on her face as she reclines her head back over the edge of the pool, not a care in the world.

No one to keep track of the cooler.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erima]

The world is a vast and wondrous place, especially for a certain tsukumogami. But summer is hot and burning, and the one who is pulling her arm seems to not notice that this time is better for wind chimes and ice cream.

"W-wait! If you climb the tree and get stuck what are you going to do? Even if you fall I can't guarantee I can catch you you know... Come on, just stop.... it's too hot out here and you told me we were just going to get ice cream from the convenience store..."

The tree: A giant and wise old one with leaves giving a little relaxing shade.
    The girl: Erima, an unenthusiastic tsukumogami, also wearing a school uniform. She stands as if the oppressive heat is too much and looking at Takara, the unbalancing girl to dragged her here.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-06-25 at 09:40 PM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

6. - Top - End - #546
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Ichi stood before the street vendor with his trademark scowl, shoving the money to the seller before taking his takoyaki and beef bowl. He strides over to Nezumi, offering him a large bowl of ramen and pork. He puffs on his cigarette, muttering something to his companion before starting to eat.

"That was the last of the money. We gotta go out tonight."
    Nezumi unfolds his arms to accept the bowl, prodding the contents absently before beginning to eat slowly and delicately, careful not to let a single morsel fall or otherwise escape. He wrinkles his nose discreetly as Ichi puffs on his cigarette, covering his mouth with his sleeve as he coughs a little.

"A-Already..?"

He frowns faintly, holding the bowl silently for a moment or two.

"D-Do you h-have anywhere specific in m-mind yet...?"

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Valeria's House]

Val blushes a bit. "T-thanks. Say... Do you want to see the rest of the house?"
    Izumi smiles, and nods. "Yeah, I would. Let me just dry off so I don't get your carpets wet, though..."

Izumi starts drying off!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #548

[Takara]

Takara turns to her companion, her closest friend, Erima. Sure, sometimes the girl is a scarf, but that doesn't really matter to Takara. She puts her hands on her hips, puffs out her cheeks, and hmphs loudly. Of course, Erima should know she isn't really upset.

"You know Eri, for a mystical creature, you sure are boring sometimes. I swear, I wonder if you aren't actually a stick in the mud and not a scarf... Fine. Ice cream it is..."

She takes a few steps forward before pivoting and taking off for the tree.

"...right after I check this out."

She leaps, grabbing the trunk of the old tree and starting to climb it. She makes it about half way to the lowest branch before loosing momentum and coming to a stop, clinging to the old tree, trying not to look ridiculous.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

9. - Top - End - #549

Ishi shrugs, frowning before dropping his cigarette, stamping it out with his foot.

"Nope. We'll just figure it out tonight. Who cares anyway. We need the money. Its not going to change anything on where we get it."

He glances around, taking a step closer to Nezumi as people pass them by on the street.

"And don't be so loud, Mouse. You wanna get us arrested? You know what'll happen if that happens. You don't wanna go to prison. Do ya?"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-26 at 08:33 AM.
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    [Takara]

Takara turns to her companion, her closest friend, Erima. Sure, sometimes the girl is a scarf, but that doesn't really matter to Takara. She puts her hands on her hips, puffs out her cheeks, and hmphs loudly. Of course, Erima should know she isn't really upset.

"You know Eri, for a mystical creature, you sure are boring sometimes. I swear, I wonder if you aren't actually a stick in the mud and not a scarf... Fine. Ice cream it is..."

She takes a few steps forward before pivoting and taking off for the tree.

"...right after I check this out."

She leaps, grabbing the trunk of the old tree and starting to climb it. She makes it about half way to the lowest branch before loosing momentum and coming to a stop, clinging to the old tree, trying not to look ridiculous.
    [Erima]

Erima looks struck by Takara's words.
    "M-mystical creature?"
    Is being a tsukumogami such a mystic thing? But Takara's other word was more unbalancing.

"B-boring? If you are content with your routine then there is no need to change things! Besides if you lived for one hundred- I- wait- Takara!"
    Erima stops as Takara bewilderingly turns and starts to climb the tree. Erima sighs and tries to cool herself with a hand as she walks sullenly to Takara and watches. Certainly she isn't going to try to climb the tree. Even if it does look a little cooler in the branches.

11. - Top - End - #551

[Takara]

After a moment of hanging awkwardly, Takara shimmies upwards, reaching the lowest branch and reaching for it. Her fingers brush the branch slightly, but she is simply too short to reach. She grunts and stretches further.

"I can... almost..."

Her arm slip and she pushes off from the tree, grabbing desperately at the branch. For a moment it looks like she missed, but her fingers curl around the branch and she grabs it with her other hand. Takara dangles from the branch by both arms, her legs swinging under her as she looks down at the river below her. She swallows hard and closes her eyes for a moment.

"Okay... In hindsight, this might not have been the best idea..."

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erima]

Erima grimaces as she watches Takara climb. Certainly it was not like a squirrel to watch.

"Takara! Don't climb like that- you're in your uniform, remember?!" She looks around, but there is no one nearby fortunately.

But of course it was ignored, and now Takara was in a dangerous place.
    What an unbalancing person. A certain tsukumogami thought. But with this kind of situation the summer heat was not so important. One can't be idle in such a time.

"Are you okay Takara?" Erima called from below. Of course it was a question of injury and 'time of holding the branch.' It was obvious to Erima that it was a big pinch.

"Just... hold on for now, okay?" She called, trying to be reassuring. Erima looked at the branch and then at the river, and then tried to find a place to catch her best friend. At least she wouldn't fall into the river this way, right?

13. - Top - End - #553

[Takara]

"My uniform? What..."

She suddenly turns bright red and crosses her legs.

"If any perverts look up, I'll kill you!"

She shouts the general warning which would likely make anyone nearby all the more likely to look up. After a moment she swings back and forth a few times before attempting a painfully awkward attempt at a pull-up. She kicks her legs uselessly and hoists herself up enough to swing a leg over the branch and half pull herself onto it. After a moment of catching her breath, Takara scrambles all the way up onto the branch and straddle it, breathing heavily.

"H-hey! Eri! I made it!"

She waves down and almost looses her balance in doing so. She hugs the branch tightly and scoots backwards down it towards the trunk.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erima]

Erima wipes her face with her arm. She was sweating. Ah, of course from the heat. But maybe a little from worry. The moment of worry had passed, though now Erima looked concerned to see if anyone had looked at them. Still safe. But Takara was still sitting awkwardly on the branch.

Well, at least she was safe.
    "Congratulations Takara." Erima yelled up to her.
    So...what did she accomplish with this?

"Do you see any 'adventure' up there?"

15. - Top - End - #555

[Takara]

Takara reaches the trunk and sits up against it, slowly getting to her feet.

"Not yet. But this is only the first branch."

She turns to face the trunk and makes her way up to the next branch. A moment later she vanishes into the leaves.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erima]

Only the first branch...

Erima sighed. She looked at the tree, like she was asking it 'how do you suffer such a thing?'
    Erima waited, looking up at Takara, but now she had disappeared into the tree.

Why such an anxious feeling? Surely there is nothing at the top of this tree.

Was she anxious because of the heat? Maybe. She would look silly trying to climb after Takara.

"Takara... Wait for me!" She yelled, in frustration. Frustration at herself because now she would look silly.

And so Erima also began to try to climb the tree.

17. - Top - End - #557

[Takara]

The leaves ruffle as Takara moves about unseen in them. If she knows Erima is coming up after her, she doesn't let on.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erima]

Erima pulls herself onto the first branch. After watching Takara, she manages to avoid the same awkwardness, though she also looked around to make sure no one was watching her.

Takara's mother wouldn't be happy. Both of their uniforms were going to be dirty. Again.

Climbing as a human was tough. And this wasn't something a scarf was used to doing. So Erima struggled as she pulled herself up, pausing to rest, and then climbing higher into the tree.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Orc in the Playground

[Valeria's House]

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi smiles, and nods. "Yeah, I would. Let me just dry off so I don't get your carpets wet, though..."

Izumi starts drying off!
    Val slips on a pair of platform sandals as she waits on Izumi. Once her friend is finished, she leads her in to show her the house. Finally, she stops in her bedroom, a white affair much like the rest of the small mansion, with comfortable carpet, a good-sized bed, a large window... really, anything to make a good room with all a teen needs to function.

"It's pretty new to me, still... but I prefer this place way more, even though it's smaller. Growing up in the Carpathians is... well, it's lonely. I only ever had mom, and the maids and people like that..." She sighs.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #560

[Takara]

As Erima climbs up into the crown of the tree, she finds herself in a large hollow in the branches. Perched slightly above her is Takara, facing the other direction. In one hand is the deflated remains of a shiny aluminum balloon, probably the glinting object that caught her attention to begin with. The girl looks over her shoulder at Erima and smiles. She speaks softly.

"Come check this out, Eri. Be quiet though."

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Valeria's House]
    Val slips on a pair of platform sandals as she waits on Izumi. Once her friend is finished, she leads her in to show her the house. Finally, she stops in her bedroom, a white affair much like the rest of the small mansion, with comfortable carpet, a good-sized bed, a large window... really, anything to make a good room with all a teen needs to function.

"It's pretty new to me, still... but I prefer this place way more, even though it's smaller. Growing up in the Carpathians is... well, it's lonely. I only ever had mom, and the maids and people like that..." She sighs.
    Izumi slips on a pair of sandals as well, and looks around appreciatively. "I know what you mean. It is better to be around more people."

She smiles. "This is a pretty nice place."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erima]

Erima paused to catch her breath. It was even more hot up here. But at last she had found Takara. Erima wanted to complain, but the smile on Takara's face was disorienting. Erima frowned and then tried to awkwardly climb to see what Takara was looking at.
    She pulled herself up so her head was abot the same spot as Takara's feet. of course to be on the same branch here was impossible.

"What is it?" She asked softly.

23. - Top - End - #563

[Takara]

Takara moves aside to let Erima see better. She points to a spot a little further in. On a branch not far from them is a bird's nest with several small hatch-lings sleeping within it. Takara smiles warmly at Erima.

"See, I told you there was treasure up here."

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erima]

Erima looked closely at the branch. There, she could see the baby birds. She took a deep breath and sighed.
    Little things like this were certainly what Takara called treasures.

And Erima couldn't disagree. Life was a treasure. A very serious one for her... And the little birds were cute.
    Was it worth it to climb all the way up here? Maybe. Erima was not sure. But it was always a good thing to remember the precious things of life. It was special.
    So she smiled ruefully at Takara.
    "You were right. But now we have to get down from here. And we aren't birds."

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    If "Yui" is still near the cafe, she might see a red haired woman approach the establishment. She wears a white shirt with the sleeves cut off, and black cargo pants. There is some kind of thin pouch hanging from her belt, but it's hard to tell what's in it.

Silva reads the sign and sighs a little. She really liked the tea last time, and she was hoping somebody might know of any job openings in the area.
    [Downtown]

"Yui" is indeed still lingering near Venti Buon, muttering curses under her breath as she reads her map. The sound of approaching foot steps alerts her, and she casts a curious look at Silva. "Oh, hello there!", she chirps, crumpling the map again and waving slightly at the red haired woman. "Are you a local? I'm new here, so I could use some help - is there another restaurant nearby?"

Silva might feel a wave of queasiness wash over her if she turns to look at "Yui". It's hard to place a finger on what it is, though - maybe it's the dark around her eyes? Or the sickly pale skin? In any case, the older woman looks harmless enough, even though Silva might feel she'd rather be somewhere else.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #566
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Ishi shrugs, frowning before dropping his cigarette, stamping it out with his foot.

"Nope. We'll just figure it out tonight. Who cares anyway. We need the money. Its not going to change anything on where we get it."

He glances around, taking a step closer to Naya as people pass them by on the street.

"And don't be so loud, Mouse. You wanna get us arrested? You know what'll happen if that happens. You don't wanna go to prison. Do ya?"
    Nezumi watches as Ichi stamps out the cigarette, blushing faintly but saying nothing on the matter as he continues to slowly consume the meal. He stares at the bowl thoughtfully, nodding a little in response to Ichi's words, though he looks up when the other boy steps closer to him.

"W-Wha..?"
    he murmurs, glancing around as well. "Of c-course I don't..." he blushes darker, quickly finishing off the contents of the bowl. "I w-wasn't trying to sound s-suspicious.. d-did it sound that way?" he glances at Ichi questioningly.

27. - Top - End - #567

Ichi shrugs, continuing to eat the takoyaki slowly. He continues to glance around before glancing back at Nezumi.

"You always look suspicious. We'll lay low till night time...lets go find somewhere to stay at the very least till then...don't wanna get attention where its not wanted. You still hungry?"
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #568
    Pixie in the Playground

Nezumi continues to blush a little in embarrassment, rubbing the back of his neck. Do I really?

"I-I'll be fine,"
    he assures, sliding his hands into his pockets as he looks up shyly. "I'm r-ready to go..."

29. - Top - End - #569

Ichi gives his weapon a twirl, looking down the street at what appears to be an abandoned warehouse. He motions toward it, setting off down the road.

"We'll sleep there for now. No need to rush this job tonight."

He grabs Nezumi by the front of his shirt, pulling him weakly along down the road until they reach the warehouse. He glances around, tapping the locked door with the haft of his weapon, a faint click sounding from within.

"G-Get in..."

He swings the door open, smiling weakly.
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #570

[Takara]

Takara nods and slips down from the branch, balancing next to Erima.

"You're right, Eri. But I have a plan."

A coy look crosses her face and she reaches out to grab Erima's arm. The girl might recognize the look as the one Takara gets right before she does something reckless. She pulls on Eri, attempting to pull her into a scarf and wrap the poor tsukumogami around her neck.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em