New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

[Valeria's House]

Val walks over to Emi and Aki, looking concerned. She considers Aki for a moment. "Hm... Have we met? Well, I guess that can wait, what happened?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia takes Ayaka into an upstairs bathroom, where she opens a drawer to reveal a first-aid kit.

"Wash off the back of your head in the shower, hon, then we'll get you bandaged up. We can deal with your swimsuit after that. ...What startled you so badly, anyway? It wasn't our punch server, was it?"
    Ayaka nods and heads in. But first, she opens her phone which she had taken on the way in and dials her home number.

"Urgh, answering machine... can't you ev- Uh, dad? Yeah, I kind of hit my head at the Abels' place, so I could be late. Or early. Call me when you get back."

Putting down the phone, she realises that there is something red and sticky on it. "God, I didn't realise there was so much." she says weakly, stepping into the shower. And yet, she feels fine. Weird, you'd think with a head injury and... whatever was in that cola there'd be some effects by now, but they seem to have cancelled each other out.

She emerges a few minutes later with a towel.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-27 at 05:13 PM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Orc in the Playground

[Val's house]

Rosa quietly serves those who had ordered things. When Donovan headed in though, she noticed something...odd about his tie. It seemed from a distance to be some kind of odd wrinkle of sorts, but something in her told her it wasn't the case. How odd. I never noticed it before. Maybe, whatever it was, the stress of the situation caused it to be more noticable. After she was done serving, she said a brief prayer for Ayaka, in hopes that the Powers That Be would be gentle with her. Then, she goes about cleaning the mess, making a mental note to talk to Donovan about the situation later. That, and maybe give a little closer inspection to that tie.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

At Donovan's approach, Claudia turns, and raises an inquiring eyebrow. She then gets back to work preparing an adequate bandage.

By the point that Ayaka got out, Claudia has a dressing for the wound, along with several strips of gauze to hold it in place. She looks over her patient with motherly concern, then sighs and nods.

"I'm very sorry about this; I should've picked better chairs, so you couldn't fall out so easily. Now, please turn around, so I can see where to put this..."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Ayaka presents her head. The wound doesn't look too bad, really. But as Claudia starts to dress the wound, she wobbles a little. Okay, maybe... maybe this is what losing what looked like six pints of blood will do to you.

"Sorry, can I sit down?" She moves to a chair.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-27 at 06:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi glares at Donovan. "Explain."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

In the meantime, Donovan has acquired a glass of water and two white capsules. Which he holds up to Ayaka.

"Viatrix's stash contains a few strong beverages that are not advised to people your age. Here, take those two, it should help prevent a... Lets call it a hangover."

Donovan presents the capsules and the water to Ayaka.

Spoiler
    Show
    The capsules contain a complex mix of laevulose and dextrose based disaccharide and sodium chloride.

Also known as sugar and salt. There really isn't anything to remove, Donovan just wants to calm her down and finds that pseudo-medicine is helpful in the matter.

At Izumi, Donovan makes a face that should indicate, "in a moment".
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-27 at 06:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

Ayaka grabs the pills and gulps them down quickly. She can feel the remedy taking effect after only a few seconds.

"Thanks, for that maybe I won't call the cops." she says with a sheepish grin.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-27 at 06:36 PM.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaito nodded, though he seemed to be splitting his attention between Nakahiro, and the proceedings with Ayaka.

"Fair enough, fair enough. I'm glad you like it enough to bathe regularly, at least."

He looks at his friend from the corner of his eye, a smirk on his face.
    Nakahiro smiles slyly and pushes his glasses up on his face.

"That's what you think. Using ancient techniques of fireproofing passed down through my family for generations, I sit in an incinerator for a few minutes when I want to get clean."

He doesn't seem to have noticed Ayaka, but with Nakahiro it's sometimes hard to tell.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro smiles slyly and pushes his glasses up on his face.

"That's what you think. Using ancient techniques of fireproofing passed down through my family for generations, I sit in an incinerator for a few minutes when I want to get clean."

He doesn't seem to have noticed Ayaka, but with Nakahiro it's sometimes hard to tell.
    [Val's House]
    Kaito turned around to fully face Nakahiro. The expression on his face, at least at first, was incredulous.

Then he burst out laughing; rather loudly, in fact.

"Hahaha-passed down for generations-hahaha!"

He takes a moment to collect himself before speaking again.

"Well played, Nakahiro. Well played."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #641
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nakahiro smiles mock-malevolently.

"Just as planned."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-06-27 at 07:37 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Pixie in the Playground

The Hide-Out Again

Another character is making her way toward the warehouse, although she's making alot less noise then the first. Ren quickly picked her way to her friends' hang out. She hadn't met with anyone for over a week and she probably wouldn't get another chance until after the break. It was important to meet because of what happened to Soshi, she only had a sketchy idea though since Michiko only told her over the phone. Ren sighed when she spotted Yuudai's bike in it's usual place, kept good and out of sight. Knowing now that she had Yuudai's company to look forward to, Ren slowed her pace to stretch the time it took until then.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Ayaka presents her head. The wound doesn't look too bad, really. But as Claudia starts to dress the wound, she wobbles a little. Okay, maybe... maybe this is what losing what looked like six pints of blood will do to you.

"Sorry, can I sit down?" She moves to a chair.

"Um, sure. Mr. Caterer, would you mind getting her something to drink? I think she might need some more fluids."

With a couple of minutes, she has finished the bandaging process.

"Now, as for your swimsuit, if you don't mind borrowing some hand-me-downs for a moment, I can clean that suit for you. Then, if you're still feeling bad, we might look into the hospital..."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

Donovan nods and walks off to the kitchen, to fetch more water.

Izumi should probbaly follow if she wants to hear his story.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi does follow him!

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kitchen, away from nosy ears]

Donovan picks some glasses with his back turned to Izumi, and starts his part.

"Well, first things first. I know about your friend outside, the punk, is a shinigami. And since you have been a customer in the Café for quite a while and only recently did you show shinigami powers, I will have to guess you became a substitute recently."

Filling with water.

"Is that about right?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi raises her eyebrows. "Yes, I did."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Val's House]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro smiles mock-malevolently.

"Just as planned."
    Kaito's volume decreases, but he keeps chuckling for a bit, shaking his head at Nakahiro's humor.

"Heh. You were always better with deadpan. I could never keep a straight face long enough for it to work."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ettin in the Playground

"Good. Would have been quite awful to give off that speech only to find out that someone else's reiatsu just rubbed off on you."

Is that possible? Is that a joke? Who knows.

"Very well, your friend... What is his name... Doesn't matter. Your shinigami friend apparently didn't tell you about us. Viatrix's shop and my café cater to a spiritual clientele as well, we are spiritually aware, as is most of my staff."

At this point, Donovan turns around to face Izumi.

"What your friend drinked was a beverage with a high concentration of spiritual matter, reishi for short, nothing dangerous, she should be fine. The pills I gave her were just salt and sugar, in fact, you will be surprised at how effective placebos can be in the right situations."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

"...are there any possible effects? You mentioned seeing things."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ettin in the Playground

"It is entirely possible that she could become spiritually aware, or she could just have a migraine, or she could turn out to be one of those mediums with the more exotic spiritual powers. There is really no way to predict it."

Donovan places two glasses on a tray and makes it for the stairs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi follows him. "...all right."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Free Hand View Post
    The Hide-Out Again

Another character is making her way toward the warehouse, although she's making alot less noise then the first. Ren quickly picked her way to her friends' hang out. She hadn't met with anyone for over a week and she probably wouldn't get another chance until after the break. It was important to meet because of what happened to Soshi, she only had a sketchy idea though since Michiko only told her over the phone. Ren sighed when she spotted Yuudai's bike in it's usual place, kept good and out of sight. Knowing now that she had Yuudai's company to look forward to, Ren slowed her pace to stretch the time it took until then.
    Ichi strides over to Nezumi, smirking softly.

"Don't give me that. Who the hell cares? This is our turf for now! And we'll fight anyone off who wants to take it from us!"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Pixie in the Playground

Nezumi considers to peer at the felled intruder with some concern, glancing back at Ichi only when he gets close. He hugs his book tight against his chest, his shoulders hunched in a nervous fashion.

"H-He's going to w-wake up at some point... y-you hit him pretty hard though.."

25. - Top - End - #655

"Well then, we'll just hit him in the head again. And we'll tie him up. Get to it. Then we can both sleep. And if anyone else comes by, they can join their friend. What're they gonna do? We've got powers. They don't."

Ishi shrugs, ruffling Nezumi's hair weakly.

"You worry to much, we're safe....just calm down ok?"
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

((Just in case it got missed...))

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Val's House]

Emi gives a small, uncertain smile.
    "At least I can speak Japanese, right? And my dad can help me- this is his hometown, after all."
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Valeria's House]

Val walks over to Emi and Aki, looking concerned. She considers Aki for a moment. "Hm... Have we met? Well, I guess that can wait, what happened?"
    Emi glances at Aki, then turns her attention to Val.
    "I'm not really sure- I couldn't really see what happened from over here. Your mom probably knows though, she looked like she was taking care of it."

27. - Top - End - #657
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    [Erima]

Erima recognized the coy look. She had seen it quite often- it was something of a nostalgic and tiresome thing. The kind of thing she was used to. Ah, but here it was a tree, so she could not run or back away.

"W-wai-" She tried to say. Ah, but Takara already had her arm, and with it there was that familiar feeling of connection.

For a spirit and human and youkai, all things have something similar. For 'wish' and 'desire,' it is something everything has. So, for a tsukumogami, the desire to be like a human may be one. But the desire of the human Takara is more magic-like. For Takara and Erima this was a will of 'owner' and 'accessory'.

"Pon!"

A small sparkle of light, and Erima became a scarf that Takara soon wrapped around her neck. She was a fluffy scarf that matched the school uniform perfectly, because that of course was what she had been wearing when in human form. Erima's soft and muffled voice seemed to echo in Takara's ear.

"...Ok, so I can't catch you now. How will you get down?" She seemed to ask.
    "That's easy! I'll juuuuuuuuuuump!!!"

She takes a running leap from the end of branch they are on, plummeting through the air and landing with a huge splash in the river below. A moment later she surfaces, laughing loudly and grinning wide.

"See? Easy."

She swims to the shore and climbs out, taking off Erima and letting her return to her human form.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

28. - Top - End - #658
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren halted in midstep. The door there was open but her attention was drawn to what was lying just through it. She could just discern the dark outline but it was enough make her suspicious. She crouched down by the wall of an adjacent building and took a detour around to avoid being seen through thr door. It took a minute or two but she arrived as quietly as she could, pressed againt the wall beside the doorway. She could just see Yuudai's shoes peeking out and she cursed inwardly.

At first, she suspected that Soshi had really lost it but then she recalled that Michiko had him brought to some clinic. He could, of course, have escaped so she wouldn't rule it out. Ren eased her bokken out of it's carrier and kept her ears open hoping the unknown party might speak up and drop her a hint.

29. - Top - End - #659

Ichi drags the falled boy down, keeping the haft of his weapon at his throat just in case he's still awake and just dazed.

"Get me the rope Nezumi. We'll see if he's got any cash on him, maybe some identification...someone might be missing him soon. Might give us some cash for him to."
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #660
    Pixie in the Playground

Nezumi frowns a little, rubbing the back of his neck. "O-Ok... m-maybe.. we s-should ask w-who he is.. when he wakes up?" he glances at Ichi questioningly as he starts to slink further into the warehouse, looking for something to tie up the stranger with.
    Last edited by Da Mongoose; 2010-06-27 at 11:00 PM.