New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

"Sure sure...we can ask."

Ichi glances back at the other boy.

"But do you think it matters? What was he doing at an abandoned wearhouse anyway? He was probably just like us, lookin for a place to stay. But...we can't give up a sweet spot right Nezumi? You don't wanna sleep outside again do you?"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Pixie in the Playground

So a couple of little punks then? Ren decided that, with that ones guard down and so close, she couldn't get an opportunity better then this. Well, she could always leave and call up Michiko and she could make it so these tresspassers got exactly what they had coming; but from the sound of them, they didn't seem like much of a challenge for her either. Ren turned the corner and took in the two figures in a split second. She leaped at the closest with the intent to bring her wooden sword down over his head.
    Last edited by Free Hand; 2010-06-27 at 11:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "Oh, that's too bad", Yui chirps, giving a quick look at the streets around, before returning her attention and smiling to Silva. "Well, we could still make way together, couldn't we? I suppose you're looking for a place to eat, too? Two pairs of eyes are better than one, hmmm?"

The older woman gives Silva a curious, appraising look, then offers her hand for a handshake. "My name is Õta Yui. Nice to meet you."
    Silva nods and her mannerism seems to relax ever so slightly.

She takes the hand in a firm grip. Silva Rai. Same to you.

Well, it's a good start.

I can sense it...energy...

I know, Medric. Calm down.

When she holds her hand out, Yui might catch a glimpse of something shiny on the top of the pouch hanging from her belt. If she does, it's hard to tell what it is.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #664

Quote Originally Posted by Free Hand View Post
    So a couple of little punks then? Ren decided that, with that ones guard down and so close, she couldn't get an opportunity better then this. Well, she could always leave and call up Michiko and she could make it so these tresspassers got exactly what they had coming; but from the sound of them, they didn't seem like much of a challenge for her either. Ren turned the corner and took in the two figures in a split second. She leaped at the closest with the intent to bring her wooden sword down over his head.
    Ichi glances back at the sound of feet, snarling loudly as he brings the haft up to block the blow of the oncomming woman. The sound of sloshing water emits through the air as Ichi sneers.

"Sh-NEZUMI!!!"

He tries to swing his haft, a long wicked blade of energy suddely flaring into the existance as it cuts towards the woman.
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #665
    Pixie in the Playground

Wha-

Ren twists to block the very unexpected attack. She moves one hand up the sword to brace it against the attack but underestimates the power behind it. While the sword holds up against the energy blade, Ren herself does not. Ren gets knocked aside by the swing but turns the fall to a roll and opts to create some distance between her and him to collect her thoughts together. She holds her sword pointed firmly at the man and stands on the balls of her feet, licking her lips.

Did you do that thing just now!?
    Last edited by Free Hand; 2010-06-27 at 11:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Pixie in the Playground

Nezumi looks up, letting out a yelp as the woman appears, his eyes widening in surprise.

"I-Ichi!!"

He fumbles in his surprise, nearly dropping the book in his arms as he tries to open it. He pauses as the woman rolls and moves back, stepping a little closer to Ichi, though remains behind him nervously.

"W-Who are you??"

7. - Top - End - #667

Ichi takes a step in front of Nezumi, the scythe blade blaring back into life with a powerful crash.

"You've got eyes don't you? What of it huh? You wanna go down like the other guy?! Come on then, we'll take you on!"
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #668
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren's attention shifts to the mousy guy behind the first. He didn't look remotely threatening but that book she saw him fumble gave her thought. She returned her mind to her current opponent. His blustering carried a certain weight since as his crazy energy scythe renewed itself.

What of it? That's a pretty unique trick you have, don't you think?

As she spoke, she raised her bokken slightly and it reflected a distinctly metallic sheen. The two would notice the sword now resembled an ornate katana.

So what the hell is a unique someone like you doing in this run down place eh?

9. - Top - End - #669

Ichi sneers wider, the white linen wrap around the haft of his scythe comming undone slightly.

"What of it? We're allowed to go where we want. When we want. You gonna stop us? I don't think so. Run along or we'll rough you up. And you don't want that now do you?"
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #670
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren stared intently at the loud one, sizing him up. The situation had seriously changed but she was still fairly certain she could take him, although that would probably mean making a shishkabob out of him. Then there was that other one with the book. The book was seriously bothering her, if he made that out of a stick then what could the book do? Things had taken a serious turn this night and Ren really wasn't in the mood for this crap, she'd been offered a way out she'd damn well take it. Ren gave in to a more relaxed stance and shifted her zanpakuto to a less threatening position.

Fine, I'll go, but he comes with me.

She indicated the downed Yuudai.
    Last edited by Free Hand; 2010-06-28 at 12:12 AM.

11. - Top - End - #671

"Don't think so. Hit em Nezumi."

Ishi glares at the woman and her weapon, the blade of his weapon continuing to sizzle as a massive koi slips into existance behind the pair, quickly disappearing again.

"Your not goin anywhere."
    My Current Works

12. - Top - End - #672
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren was seething after the nut replied.

You want to die that badly you stupid ----!? What the hell is that!? Make up your mind you ----ing Schizo!!
    Last edited by Free Hand; 2010-06-28 at 12:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Pixie in the Playground

Nezumi remains behind Ichi, seeming content to be shielded. His eyes flicker between Ichi and the woman, though his fingers continue to flip through the pages of the book without looking at it before finally settling somewhere in the middle. He hugs the tome closer to himself again then, remaining poised and nervous. He makes a noise of surprise as Ichi tells him to 'hit' the woman, nearly dropping the book again.

Nezumi looks over at the woman almost apologetically.

"I-I'm sorry... but.. you can't... or I'll... h-have to hurt you," he swallows, looking down.

14. - Top - End - #674

"Nezumi! Don't be so nice! She's going to take away our meal ticket! Hit her!!"

He snarls, suddenly dashing forward as he swings his scythe at the woman.

"I said -you- could go you dumb broad! The dude stays with -us-! Now its to bloody late. Your goin down!!"
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #675
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren darts toward him at practically the same time. She fakes a high cut only to dive low under the swing to slash at his legs.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Pixie in the Playground

Nezumi yelps as Ichi charges the woman, his lips drawing back in a cringe. However, Ichi blocks him from having any direct view of the woman. He bites his lip nervously as he looks down at the pages of the book before lifting it up.

"Los Laten!"

The pages of the book abruptly fill with ink before dripping onto his hands. With surprising speed, the ink starts to crawl up his arms and over his body, burning away his clothing and leaving behind only a simple hakama. His skin remains stained a dull grey, the shapes of his bones drawn on his skin in black. Once the ink has fully leaked out of the book, it dissipates in a burst of steam, which abruptly solidifies into the shape of a scythe. A strange skeletal figure seems to materialize behind Nezumi as well, lurking over his shoulder.

"Please s-stop now!"

17. - Top - End - #677

Ichi leaps over the blade, kicking out at the woman vicously as he flings the scythe over her shoulder, seeming to miss a strike. The linen wrap remains tied directly to his hand despite it have been thrown.
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #678
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren raises her free hand to absorb the blow while rising up and moving forward. She seems extremely intent to slam into his midriff, shes well practised with the manoeuvrer. In the heat the moment she fails to notice Nezumi's actives, it's a pretty intense moment.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Pixie in the Playground

Nezumi seems to grow more distressed as the two continue to fight. He makes a swinging gesture with one of his arms, pointing a single finger towards the pair. The ghastly figure floats forward quickly towards the dueling pair in response, it's skeletal arms curling around Ichi protectively.

20. - Top - End - #680

Ichi takes the punch to the stomach, flying back before the arms slide in front of him. He lets out a strangled laugh as the scythe comes screaming back from behind the woman, clearly pulled along by the long linen wrap attatched to it, spinning faster as it tries to cut into the woman.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #681
    Pixie in the Playground

If Ren wasn't tipped her off to the danger when he tugged the ribbon back, the nasty laugh he made while doing so certainly did. Acutely feeling her dread predicament, Ren did the only thing she really should do in this situation. She flattened herself to the ground and hoped really hard that the blade would pass straight over her head.

22. - Top - End - #682

Ichi lands on his feet as the hands of the large skeleton crash in front of himself. He slowly starts to spin the weapon along its line, grinning wildly.

"Not bad, but your out matched. Give up and throw the weapon away. We don't wanna hurt you. This is your fault anyway."
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #683
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren got to her feet and shot searing daggers at the arrogant guy. If you stood close to her you'd probably feel heat coming off of her. She viciously slashes the air in front of her.

Are you ----ing joking!? You ----ing expect me just give up and let you do whatever the ---- you want with me!? You ----! You ----!!I'd rather ----ing die you ----!!

Her pitch get's higher as she goes on, it'll start to prickle their ears. She's trembling now, but as to what who knows.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Silva nods and her mannerism seems to relax ever so slightly.

She takes the hand in a firm grip. Silva Rai. Same to you.

Well, it's a good start.

I can sense it...energy...

I know, Medric. Calm down.

When she holds her hand out, Yui might catch a glimpse of something shiny on the top of the pouch hanging from her belt. If she does, it's hard to tell what it is.
    Yui notices the glint, and her eyes narrow slightly in curiosity. Oh? What's that? After the handshake is over, she opens her map again and turns so that Silva can see what she's up to, and the points across the street. "I think there's another cafe a short walk to the right, past that corner there. It says here it's right at the edge of the park, so if it's crowded, we can eat while... watching the ducks, it says here." Yui's idea is otherwise sound... but she's holding the map wrong again, and pointing at the exact opposite direction they should head to.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    "That's easy! I'll juuuuuuuuuuump!!!"

She takes a running leap from the end of branch they are on, plummeting through the air and landing with a huge splash in the river below. A moment later she surfaces, laughing loudly and grinning wide.

"See? Easy."

She swims to the shore and climbs out, taking off Erima and letting her return to her human form.
    [Erima]

As Takara allowed Erima to return to human form, the tsukumogami appeared again Pon!
    Of course, she was very wet, just like Takara, and Erima's first word was "Cough cough!"
    Looking annoyed but also pitiful, Erima pulled on her uniform.

At least now though, it was cool. But it was very humid.
    "I am surprised I did not think you would do that, Takara." Erima said dolefully.

It had been an exciting jump of course, but a wet scarf is not so different from a wet student. Both of them must dry in the hot sun.

She looked up at the tree and then at the water where Takara had come to, and then put her hands on her hips.

"You know, your mother is going to be angry with us. School will return from vacation soon, and we have to keep these uniforms clean. Have you even finished your homework yet?" Erima asked suspiciously.

Of course, it being Takara, maybe there would be an unpredictable answer. Or maybe they would go get ice cream and ignore Erima's questions. Or maybe something else. Such an unbalancing girl, Takara was. ...
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Valeria's House]

Val walks over to Emi and Aki, looking concerned. She considers Aki for a moment. "Hm... Have we met? Well, I guess that can wait, what happened?"
    Aki smiled at Emi for a moment, about to answer her, when another girl walked over.

"I don't believe we have been introduced, no. And as for what happened... I don't really know. You could ask those of the catering staff who haven't hurried away, perhaps."

27. - Top - End - #687

Quote Originally Posted by Free Hand View Post
    Ren got to her feet and shot searing daggers at the arrogant guy. If you stood close to her you'd probably feel heat coming off of her. She viciously slashes the air in front of her.

Are you ----ing joking!? You ----ing expect me just give up and let you do whatever the ---- you want with me!? You ----! You ----!!I'd rather ----ing die you ----!!

Her pitch get's higher as she goes on, it'll start to prickle their ears. She's trembling now, but as to what who knows.
    "You've got quite the mouth on you..."

Ichi takes a step further behind the hands, smirking as he continues to twirl his weapon.

"Your out matched and out numbered. If you wanna scream and cry about it thats cool I guess. But ya can't say I didn't give ya a warnin or nothin. So why don't ya sit down, play nice and when we return ya to your family, we can get a nice fat sum of cash, and call it from there. Or, I can punch you in your ugly cow face until your just as unconcious as that dude over there, tie you up and still get a fat sum of cash from your folks or who ever gives 2 red cents about your pathetic life."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-28 at 10:27 AM.
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #688
    Pixie in the Playground

Nezumi seems to flinch at the woman's profuse swearing, gripping the haft of his scythe tighter as he watches the pair.

"I-Ichi!" he protests softly. "W-We.... c-can't we just talk a-about this first...? I t-think you're... y-you're being a little extreme," he lowers his head after speaking, looking cautious, though he glances towards the woman.

"P-Please... if you both just s-stand down for... f-for just a moment.."

29. - Top - End - #689
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren sputters incoherently, it becomes apparent though that she is actually laughing.

That's your plan? You stupid bastard! You ----ing peabrained trash! You're doing this over petty cash!? Do you even know what you have!? What you can do!? ---- you're stupid.

Ren exhales in frustration over the situation.

You know, your stupid ----ing friend's not going to listen to you, hasn't so far has he? It's not like he has to ----ing think with you there codding the ----.

30. - Top - End - #690

"Hey! Stupid cow! Don't talk to him like that, or when I beat your ugly little head into the cement I'll keep going till you actually manage to look pretty!"

He glances back at Nezumi, frowning softly.

"Fine fine...she's not gonna wanna talk anyway, look at her. She's a bloody monkey, all she knows how to do is fling poo and scream. But if you wanna talk, be my guest."
    My Current Works