New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    "Hey! Stupid cow! Don't talk to him like that, or when I beat your ugly little head into the cement I'll keep going till you actually manage to look pretty!"

He glances back at Nezumi, frowning softly.

"Fine fine...she's not gonna wanna talk anyway, look at her. She's a bloody monkey, all she knows how to do is fling poo and scream. But if you wanna talk, be my guest."
    Nezumi seems to flinch again as the harsh words are exchanged, shifting his weight uncomfortably between his feet. He starts to move closer tentatively, not looking at either of them, seeming slightly uncomfortable in his current appearance. He dares to glance up at the woman briefly as he reaches Ichi's side.

"W-Who are you? A-And your friend?"
    Last edited by Da Mongoose; 2010-06-28 at 01:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren takes a calming breath, it doesn't help much but she manages to speak civilly again.

...Well since I know your names, Nezumi and ..Ichi.

She looks between the two as she says them.

My name is Ren, and that is Yuudai. Now, it must be pretty obvious to you two, but why are you trespassing here?

3. - Top - End - #693
    Pixie in the Playground

Nezumi frowns a little as she says his name, taking a discreet step further behind Ichi again.

"W-We just needed somewhere to r-rest... it looked a-abandoned,"

4. - Top - End - #694
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yuudai

Yuudai, with his face firmly planted in the ground, manages to mumble angrily. "And that means you hit me on the head?" He asks, clutching his head.

5. - Top - End - #695

Ichi snaps angrily, pointing the haft of his weapon at the other pair.

"Damn straight it meant that! We had to protect ourselves! I don't see your name on the bloody building! Its free game, and we're holdin it now. So get bent!"

He slides an arm protectivly around Nezumi, growling low.

"Don't be so nice, this isn't a picnic Nezumi!"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Pixie in the Playground

Nezumi glances at Yuudai when he speaks, starting to look increasingly worried now that he's clearly conscious again. Two against two is significantly less comfortable, especially when the girl at least seems to also be.. 'unique'.

He blinks a little when Ichi's arm curls around him, looking even more flustered, if that were at all possible. The skeletal ghoul behind Ichi removes its arms from around the other boy, returning to hover silently behind Nezumi instead.

"I d-don't want to f-fight both of them if w-we don't have to..." he protests weakly.

7. - Top - End - #697

Yuudai sits up. "Who do you think brought these mattresses here?" He asks, still holding his head with one hand. "This place looked even worse before we got here." He has his other hand on his waist, resting on his sword.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Val's House]
    Kaito's volume decreases, but he keeps chuckling for a bit, shaking his head at Nakahiro's humor.

"Heh. You were always better with deadpan. I could never keep a straight face long enough for it to work."
    Nakahiro shrugs, closing his eyes and smiling smugly.

"What can I say? I am pretty awesome."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren's sword phases back into the wooden one.She gestures at the two with it.

You know, trying to ransom us off seems a little ----ing different from just protecting yourselves. Kidnapping is a pretty complicated thing, why the hell would you even waste your time with it?
    Last edited by Free Hand; 2010-06-28 at 02:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro shrugs, closing his eyes and smiling smugly.

"What can I say? I am pretty awesome."
    "Just so long as you give me room to be awesome, too."

He looked around with a smirk, lowering his voice a bit.

"Not like the competition is that fierce around here."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #701

Quote Originally Posted by Free Hand View Post
    Ren's sword phases back into the wooden one.She gestures at the two with it.

You know, trying to ransom us off seems a little ----ing different from just protecting yourselves. Kidnapping is a pretty complicated thing, why the hell would you even waste your time with it?
    "Need the money. Figure no ones gonna miss an ugly cow like you."

Ichi sneers again, though mutters something under his breath as he glances at Nezumi. His shoulders droop slightly as he lowers his weapon.

"It dosn't matter. Now you know, and now you can leave. We don't want trouble."
    My Current Works

12. - Top - End - #702

Nakahiro nods and plants the tip of his umbrella on the ground with one hand, scratching his cheek with the other.

"Don't worry, Kaito. I'll try to reign myself in."

He glances in each direction to make sure no one heard Kaito's other comment, then nods in agreement.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

13. - Top - End - #703

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Yui notices the glint, and her eyes narrow slightly in curiosity. Oh? What's that? After the handshake is over, she opens her map again and turns so that Silva can see what she's up to, and the points across the street. "I think there's another cafe a short walk to the right, past that corner there. It says here it's right at the edge of the park, so if it's crowded, we can eat while... watching the ducks, it says here." Yui's idea is otherwise sound... but she's holding the map wrong again, and pointing at the exact opposite direction they should head to.
    Silva notices the orientation, and she gets a brief expression of confusion on her face. Why is she holding it wrong? She quickly dismisses the thought.

She nods in agreement. That sounds like a plan to me. Lead the way.

Been a while since we've felt something like this...

Shush.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "It is entirely possible that she could become spiritually aware, or she could just have a migraine, or she could turn out to be one of those mediums with the more exotic spiritual powers. There is really no way to predict it."

Donovan places two glasses on a tray and makes it for the stairs.
    When the caterer gets back to the bathroom, they see Claudia performing some basic cognitive tests on Ayaka, to make sure that there's no definite brain damage to the poor girl, given the extent of the bleeding from the minor cut.

Her swimsuit hasn't gotten around to being washed yet.

"So, how many fingers am I holding up?"
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-06-28 at 09:01 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

"Four. Ms. Abel, I'm fine, honest."

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia hesitates, then nods and gets out of Ayaka's way.

"Well, if you're sure... please let me know if you need anything more before your father gets here."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #707
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    "Need the money. Figure no ones gonna miss an ugly cow like you."

Ichi sneers again, though mutters something under his breath as he glances at Nezumi. His shoulders droop slightly as he lowers his weapon.

"It dosn't matter. Now you know, and now you can leave. We don't want trouble."
    With some difficulty Ren kept herself from making a petty comment about what he said first, there were more important things at hand. She cocked her head to one side while glaring at Ichi.

How many people have you met like yourself? You know, that make impossible things happen. You didn't seem to bat an eye at my sword trick, it's not much compared to your own thing but then it's pretty abnormal don't you think?

18. - Top - End - #708

Ichi shrugs, relaxing slightly more at the question.

"Dosn't matter how many we've seen. I've got em, Nezumi's got em. If we're the only ones with em, well hot dang thats great. But we're clearly not. No reason to freak out just cause you've got something goin on we don't know about. What of it? So we've got em, they help us get by. Dosn't make us better then anyone else.

And besides, what the hell is normal anyway? Your not normal. I'm not normal. That loser down there ain't normal. No one in this bloody world's normal. So if thats the case, what the hell is abnormal? Who the hell can judge that huh? Not you or me thats for damn sure."
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #709

Yuudai raises one finger meekly. "Uhhh... Yeah. Was about to ask. How the eff did you do that or am I just delusional from the head damage?"

20. - Top - End - #710

"How did I do what?"

Ichi glances at the other man in the room, the blade of his weapon flaring into existance, the scent of sea water filling the room almost instantly.

"This? Always been able to do it. For a long as I can think of honestly. Its just how things go. Nezumi to. We've both just always had these powers, for as long as I can remember at least. When you want something hard enough...you get it. That's what I was always told."
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #711
    Pixie in the Playground

The fighting had really jacked Ren up but this back and forth of talking crap was getting to her. Her earlier anger was being replaced by irritation, it wasn't helped by his evasive diatribe, he was starting to sound philosophical and it was really pissing her off.

Is that why you're broke, homeless and hanging around this warehouse?

22. - Top - End - #712

"Don't know. Whats your answer cow face?"

Ishi growls darkly, motioning the weapon at the woman.
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #713
    Pixie in the Playground

Ren innerly brightened up at the sudden shift. She kept her face carefully composed in it's sullen glare though as she knew she really shouldn't push things to much, it was a real struggle for her.

*Shrugs* I don't know you so I can't say can I? But that something for nothing you were sprouting about is ----ing ridicules. You really think you can count on things to fall in your lap just because you want it really hard?

24. - Top - End - #714

"I wanted shelter, and here it is. I wanted easy money, and you two chuckle heads showed up. Seems to be working for me great so far! And that wasn't my point either, your hangin around the warehouse to. Your not little Miss Perfect yourself."

Ichi continues to glare, though takes another step in front of Nezumi.

"Didn't say it was perfect, didn't say it worked all the time either. But it worked when it -mattered-. I wanted powers, and I got them. Living proof it worked once. You got another answer why I got these powers?"
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Silva notices the orientation, and she gets a brief expression of confusion on her face. Why is she holding it wrong? She quickly dismisses the thought.

She nods in agreement. That sounds like a plan to me. Lead the way.

Been a while since we've felt something like this...

Shush.
    The trip to the park cafe takes a lot longer than assumed. Mainly because it takes five minutes before Yui picks up she's messed up the map again, and the two end up making three 180 degree turns before finally finding the right place.

"I'm so awful at this"
    , Yui says, embarrassed, as they walk in. "I'm sorry for wasting your time, Silva-san. I'll pay for your order - I hope that will make up for my foolishness." Her cheeks are of truly unhealthy blackish-purple color, not really seen on other people beside those bruised to near-death. She begins digging her purse from the pockets of her coat as she eyes the menu on the wall.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia hesitates, then nods and gets out of Ayaka's way.

"Well, if you're sure... please let me know if you need anything more before your father gets here."
    "I... don't think so, Mrs. Abel. And, um, thanks."
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-29 at 02:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The trip to the park cafe takes a lot longer than assumed. Mainly because it takes five minutes before Yui picks up she's messed up the map again, and the two end up making three 180 degree turns before finally finding the right place.

"I'm so awful at this"
    , Yui says, embarrassed, as they walk in. "I'm sorry for wasting your time, Silva-san. I'll pay for your order - I hope that will make up for my foolishness." Her cheeks are of truly unhealthy blackish-purple color, not really seen on other people beside those bruised to near-death. She begins digging her purse from the pockets of her coat as she eyes the menu on the wall.
    Silva doesn't comment as they get lost. She's fairly certain she knows where the place is, but she didn't to be rude and take control from Yui.

When Yui gives the apology, Silva smiles a little and waves a hand. Don't worry about it. I didn't have any plans today, anyway.

And don't worry about paying for it. I'll cover myself.

She doesn't like people paying for her food. Goes with her independent attitude.

She notices the cheeks, but doesn't say anything right now. At first glance, they could just be a poor choice in makeup.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #718
    Orc in the Playground

[Valeria's House]

Val considers for a moment... "Well, mom can probably take care of it... As long as everyone's okay..." Sher turns back to Aki. "I'm Valeria. But you can just call me Val. What's your name?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #719
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Val's House]

...and Izumi just went inside with Mz. lady. Ryo mused to himself. That left him unguarded to do what he wanted. He went off to go mingle with the others. Huh. There aren't that many people. I guess I should have expected as much from Izumi. He replaces his shades over his eyes, then greets Val, Aki, and Emi with a wave, "Hey there ladies, you enjoying the party so far? Can I get any of you a drink? Something to eat?" He smiles politely. He should probably have figured out who the host was before just walking up to people like that.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Valeria's House]

Val considers for a moment... "Well, mom can probably take care of it... As long as everyone's okay..." Sher turns back to Aki. "I'm Valeria. But you can just call me Val. What's your name?"
    Aki inclined her head respectfully toward Val.

"So you are our hostess. I am Aki Hisamori. My grandfather, Daichi Hisamori, is your neighbor."

Aki smiled her best 'elegant girl' smile.

"A pleasure to meet you."