New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Izumi looks at Ayaka. "So, you sure you're all right?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

[Val's House]

Emi gives a small wave back to Ryo, but shakes her head at his question, adding a quiet "no thank you," to her gesture. With that, she directs her attention to Val and Aki again, though something tells her she should probably include Ryo too? Maybe?
    She glances at him, then back at the other two, who are still in greeting mode.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Orc in the Playground

[Valeria's House]

Val smiles and does a slight bow. "You, too, Aki." Looking up again, she dons a curious look. "So... do you go to the public school, too? What class are you in?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

[Val's House]

Emi's attention is immediately caught by the conversation again, and she speaks up for them both.
    "Aki and I are both in the first year."
    Or wait, did she mean something more specific? Weren't there subdivisions in years? Were those called classes? Emi hopes she didn't just display her ignorance to someone who was supposed to be as new to this as she was.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Val's House]

Emi's attention is immediately caught by the conversation again, and she speaks up for them both.
    "Aki and I are both in the first year."
    Or wait, did she mean something more specific? Weren't there subdivisions in years? Were those called classes? Emi hopes she didn't just display her ignorance to someone who was supposed to be as new to this as she was.
    Aki smiled at Emi, and nodded her head.

"Emi is correct. I am in Class 1-2, along with a number of your other guests. I fear I don't know many of them very well. I don't have a lot of free time."

Aki wasn't about to say the reason for that of course.

"What year are you in? And do you know your class placement?"

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Silva doesn't comment as they get lost. She's fairly certain she knows where the place is, but she didn't to be rude and take control from Yui.

When Yui gives the apology, Silva smiles a little and waves a hand. Don't worry about it. I didn't have any plans today, anyway.

And don't worry about paying for it. I'll cover myself.

She doesn't like people paying for her food. Goes with her independent attitude.

She notices the cheeks, but doesn't say anything right now. At first glance, they could just be a poor choice in makeup.

"Oh. Well, if you're fine with it, sure..."
    , Yui mutters and shrugs. She goes to the counter and makes her order. "One glass of orange juice, three cups of coffee with milk, two sandwiches, three donuts and one ice cream... oh, what are those delicious green things in the poster? Two of them, as well."

It takes a while for the waiter to balance all the food on Yui's tray in such manner that none of it will fall off. She happily picks it up after paying and nods to Silva as she walks by. "I'll go to one of those outdoor tables. I'd be honored if you joined me."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi looks at Ayaka. "So, you sure you're all right?"
    "...yeah."

A car can be heard pulling up outside.
    {{Anyone can play her father if they want to - he doesn't really have any details set}}
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-07-01 at 03:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sören's Apartment]

After failing to make any progress in finding the principle at the school, Sören returns home, tired, annoyed and frustrated.

Well that went exceedingly well.

"Shut up, Männy. I am not in the ****ing mood."

Dear lord, I expect the teenager you'll be teaching will be less hormonal and more balanced than you.

The Bount ignored his Doll's gibe and logged on to his computer, writing a email to the school's principle.

To: Ms. Reene Lucaster
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ms. Lucaster.

Sören Stein here, the English teacher you hired for the new term. I headed over to the school today to see if I could talk to you face to face, but the place was a labyrinth. I'd like to organise a quick look round the place before the term starts.

My thanks in advance.

The Bount sighed, turning his laptop off after the email left his outbox. He slumped on the sofa, picking up a battered novel from the floor as he did so, and began to reread it for something in the region of the hundredth time.

[The Streets of Fusichou Town...]

There was the slightest sound of needle passing through fabric in the alleyway, and it stopped after only a few moments. The sewer tested the quality of his work and grinned broadly, flexing his fingers to test all was working as it should.

"Yeeha! The mighty Pacci-sama is once again ready to cause chaos! Stores shall be plundered! Libraries shall have books defaced! The art that is the architecture of the female body shall be viewed from every possible angle! No cop can stop him! No vigilante is his equal, for he is the great Pacci-sama!"

The small figure of the cat doll leapt up from the alleyway to the nearest roof, and began to run somewhere, anywhere, the grin still plastered to his face as his mind churned over thoughts of mischief and most minor malice.
    Last edited by Edge; 2010-07-01 at 03:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Val's House]

There is the sound of a throat being politely cleared next to Emi, Aki, and Val.

Kaito is standing there, looking a bit awkward.

"Uh. Sorry, it's just that I figured I should try to mingle a bit, and...I haven't introduced myself to..."

Here he seems to be waiting for someone to say Aki's name, as he doesn't know it yet.

(OOC:Can't remember if they were introduced; if they were, it's been lost in the shuffle and my memory. >.<)
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

[Val's House]

Emi smiles at Kaito as he approaches.
    "Aki."
    She says simply.
    "Aki, this is Kaito- Kaito, Aki."
    Her hand does a little fluttery gesture back and forth, rather tentatively.
    "We were just discussing where we are in school."

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Val's House]

Emi smiles at Kaito as he approaches.
    "Aki."
    She says simply.
    "Aki, this is Kaito- Kaito, Aki."
    Her hand does a little fluttery gesture back and forth, rather tentatively.
    "We were just discussing where we are in school."
    [Val's House]

Kaito bows to Aki.

"It's nice to meet you, Aki. I think I've seen you at school, but things were such that..."

Here he shrugs.

"Again, nice to meet you. I felt I was leaning dangerously towards being a wallflower. Do you girls mind if I join you, or should I allow some, ah,...girl-time?"

There's a small smile on his face as he seems to be lightly teasing the girls.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Orc in the Playground

[Valeria's House]

Val smiles wide at Aki. "I'm in class 2, too!"

Then, Kaito approaches. "No, it's fine with me." She's still smiling.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #733
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nakahiro has followed behind Kaito, and up until this point was watching the proceedings silently. He chooses now to speak.

"That's good."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

14. - Top - End - #734

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

"Oh. Well, if you're fine with it, sure..."
    , Yui mutters and shrugs. She goes to the counter and makes her order. "One glass of orange juice, three cups of coffee with milk, two sandwiches, three donuts and one ice cream... oh, what are those delicious green things in the poster? Two of them, as well."

It takes a while for the waiter to balance all the food on Yui's tray in such manner that none of it will fall off. She happily picks it up after paying and nods to Silva as she walks by. "I'll go to one of those outdoor tables. I'd be honored if you joined me."
    She nods at Yui, then goes to make her order. I'll have a green tea and two sandwiches. The waiter probably likes her order better than Yui's.

Once it's handed to her, she joins Yui at the outdoor table. She unwraps a sandwich and takes a bite. After she finishes chewing it, she starts talking. So, how long do you plan on staying here?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #735
    Orc in the Playground

[Val's House]

Rosa finishes cleaning up, looking towards the forming group of teens. In a habitual reflex, she smiles. Deep down, she analyzes them, looking at them with a watchful and curious eye. She decides to move towards them, reaching them shortly. "Is everybody enjoying everything so far?" When she gets the responses, she walks away from the group and beckons to Eirine with her hand, motioning for her to come over.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

[Park Cafeteria]

"Oh, I don't really know", Yui replies to Silva, taking a sip of her juice. "As long as it's necessary. There's a lot of work to be done in this city. It might take quite a while to settle everything."

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Val's House]

Kaito nodded silently to Rosa as he sat down near the three girls.

"So. We're all in the same class? That's pretty handy. Lucky, even. How do they figure these things out, I wonder?"

He thinks for a minute, then shrugs.

"Anyways. At this rate, I'm going to have loads of free time after school; after all, no on here seems like they'll need extra tutoring or anything."

18. - Top - End - #738
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    [Erima]

As Takara allowed Erima to return to human form, the tsukumogami appeared again Pon!
    Of course, she was very wet, just like Takara, and Erima's first word was "Cough cough!"
    Looking annoyed but also pitiful, Erima pulled on her uniform.

At least now though, it was cool. But it was very humid.
    "I am surprised I did not think you would do that, Takara." Erima said dolefully.

It had been an exciting jump of course, but a wet scarf is not so different from a wet student. Both of them must dry in the hot sun.

She looked up at the tree and then at the water where Takara had come to, and then put her hands on her hips.

"You know, your mother is going to be angry with us. School will return from vacation soon, and we have to keep these uniforms clean. Have you even finished your homework yet?" Erima asked suspiciously.

Of course, it being Takara, maybe there would be an unpredictable answer. Or maybe they would go get ice cream and ignore Erima's questions. Or maybe something else. Such an unbalancing girl, Takara was. ...
    Takara looks at Erima.

"Of course I did! ... Er... You did yours right?"

She rubs the back of her head.

"Mind if I copy it?"

She reaches out and takes Erima's hand to drag her along behind her as she heads off along the river bank.

"Now, about that ice-cream I promised you."
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

19. - Top - End - #739
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Val's House]

Rosa finishes cleaning up, looking towards the forming group of teens. In a habitual reflex, she smiles. Deep down, she analyzes them, looking at them with a watchful and curious eye. She decides to move towards them, reaching them shortly. "Is everybody enjoying everything so far?" When she gets the responses, she walks away from the group and beckons to Eirine with her hand, motioning for her to come over.
    Eirene moves her sunglasses to her forehead and raises an eyebrow at Rosa's motioning. She then shrugs and pulls herself out of the pool, grabbing a towel as she walks to where Rosa is standing. She cleans out her ears with the towel, leaning her head to her right to get rid of any water. "You called?"

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Val's House]

Kaito nodded silently to Rosa as he sat down near the three girls.

"So. We're all in the same class? That's pretty handy. Lucky, even. How do they figure these things out, I wonder?"

He thinks for a minute, then shrugs.

"Anyways. At this rate, I'm going to have loads of free time after school; after all, no on here seems like they'll need extra tutoring or anything."
    [Val's House]

Emi bites her lip.
    "I don't know what class I'm in. I guess I'll find out when school starts back up?"
    She quietly hopes she doesn't need tutoring. She wasn't that bad of a student, was she?

21. - Top - End - #741

[Park Cafeteria]

"Oh, I don't really know", Yui replies to Silva, taking a sip of her juice. "As long as it's necessary. There's a lot of work to be done in this city. It might take quite a while to settle everything."
    Silva nods a little, but then the last comment catches her.

Settle everything?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    Takara looks at Erima.

"Of course I did! ... Er... You did yours right?"

She rubs the back of her head.

"Mind if I copy it?"

She reaches out and takes Erima's hand to drag her along behind her as she heads off along the river bank.

"Now, about that ice-cream I promised you."
    [Erima]

Erima gave Takara a suspicious look. But it was a knowing one. Of course Takara had not done her homework yet. Should Erima let her copy as usual?

"I don't think it's --" Ah, but again now, Takara was pulling her along behind. Erima stumbled and then tried to catch up to Takara's quick pace.

"F-fine, but you are buying the ice-cream, not me." She said, trying to make it sound serious and controlled. Of course if Takara had really wanted to copy, Erima could not stop her. Still wet (but fast-drying in the summer heat), Erima looked at the sky with a wince.

"It's too hot. It's too bright. After we get ice-cream we should quickly go home." She muttered. Maybe it would rain, but no...It was almost end of rainy season. Second Semester would start soon. but the cicadas would be crying angrily also.

They walked for a while- a kind of winding path. But soon there was the convenience store with it's treacherous electric doors. Erima stopped as they came close.

"Just get me something chocolate." She said, looking at the doors. Of course she would not enter here. She would have to wait in the hot for Takara to return.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ettin in the Playground

Silva nods a little, but then the last comment catches her.

Settle everything?

"Yup. A company I'm working for, is going through a fusion. Awful lot of paperwork for me, and so many unnecessary meetings ahead - I've yet to find a good place to stay even"
    , Yui lists absent-mindedly between devouring the rest of her sandwhiches. "I might even buy a house from here, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle... and this town is teeming with all sorts of troublemakers..."

24. - Top - End - #744

"Yup. A company I'm working for, is going through a fusion. Awful lot of paperwork for me, and so many unnecessary meetings ahead - I've yet to find a good place to stay even"
    , Yui lists absent-mindedly between devouring the rest of her sandwhiches. "I might even buy a house from here, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle... and this town is teeming with all sorts of troublemakers..."
    Silva has started on her second sandwich at this point. She nods a little as she chews.

Again, the last comment catches her. Kind of a trend going here.

Troublemakers? You run into some trouble around here?

I wonder what kind...

Shush.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #745
    Halfling in the Playground

[Takara]

Takara let go of her companion's hand and smiled. Of course, she knew why Erima didn't want to enter the store. And as headstrong and impulsive as she was, Takara did care about her friend and know how she felt about such things. In the same way she would never dream of leaving Erima in a room with moths, neither would she ever force her to walk through electronic door if she wasn't up to it. Besides, she had put the poor girl through a lot today already.

With a cheerful grin, Takara turns and heads inside. A few minutes later she emerges again, waving to the boy behind the counter.

She holds a cone out to Erima.

"I got you a chocolate cone, Eri! Sorry for getting you all wet, though it has made the heat a bit more bearable. I don't know why you put up with my crazy antics sometimes."

She grins wide and giggles.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

Silva has started on her second sandwich at this point. She nods a little as she chews.

Again, the last comment catches her. Kind of a trend going here.

Troublemakers? You run into some trouble around here?

I wonder what kind...

Shush.

"Hmmm?"
    Yui seems a bit surprised that Silva heard her - or maybe that she said that aloud in the first place. She blinks a few times and takes a sip of coffee before regaining her formal composure. "Oh yes, there was a little accident that happened to me when I came here - nothing big, really, but there were some shady people involved. I have a feeling I'll be running to them again, some time - but I guess the police have it covered. I doubt you'd be very interested in the details."

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erima]

Erima stared at the electric doors the entire time she waited for Takara. Of course she was standing to the side and not in front of them...
    But you can't trust such things. They will try to close on you or some other trick.
    Abominations.

Takara disappeared inside, and the doors closed behind her. Suspicious. But now it was just the sounds of cicada crying and the hot sun.
    Her uniform was wet, but already it was becoming more dry. And she was sweating.
    Scarves are not meant for summer. She thought regretfully. So Erima used her hand like a fan as she waited. Who would want to move quickly in such weather? She stared at the doors still.

Takara returned soon with a cheerful grin and held a cone to Erima.
    "Thank you." Erima said with relief as she took the chocolate cone. Ah, it was cold! A good feeling!
    She could forgive Takara easily while eating such a thing.
    "It was no problem." She said while she took a bite. Takara was always like this...but with her smile and joke Erima felt relaxed. It was hot, but the ice cream was cold, and it seemed again that Takara was being considerate. Surely she must be hot too? Erima offered her ice cream to Takara for a bite.
    "When we go home you should probably do your homework before you forget again." She reminded. Of course Erima wouldn't forget this kind of concern. First semester was finished, and somehow it seemed it was a dangerous start to the second one.
    Summer Vacation had been adventurous (and hot), but they were not junior high school students now. Well, at least that should be obvious.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

28. - Top - End - #748
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Eirene moves her sunglasses to her forehead and raises an eyebrow at Rosa's motioning. She then shrugs and pulls herself out of the pool, grabbing a towel as she walks to where Rosa is standing. She cleans out her ears with the towel, leaning her head to her right to get rid of any water. "You called?"
    Rosa turns towards her and leans slightly forward, her voice dropping to almost a whisper. "I was wondering if you knew anything about those colas that were in Viatrix-sama's cooler. I noticed that they didn't have a label, and that Viatrix-sama was rather...enthusiastically adamant about getting payed for them. Also, I'm not entirely sure, but think I caught Donovan-sama saying something about seeing things..."

29. - Top - End - #749

"Hmmm?"
    Yui seems a bit surprised that Silva heard her - or maybe that she said that aloud in the first place. She blinks a few times and takes a sip of coffee before regaining her formal composure. "Oh yes, there was a little accident that happened to me when I came here - nothing big, really, but there were some shady people involved. I have a feeling I'll be running to them again, some time - but I guess the police have it covered. I doubt you'd be very interested in the details."
    Silva shakes her head just a little. Seem to run into that everywhere nowadays. The way she said that, you'd think she was in her eighties or something. But she doesn't look any older then in her twenties.

No, no, go ahead and share. I'm interested.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #750
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Rosa turns towards her and leans slightly forward, her voice dropping to almost a whisper. "I was wondering if you knew anything about those colas that were in Viatrix-sama's cooler. I noticed that they didn't have a label, and that Viatrix-sama was rather...enthusiastically adamant about getting payed for them. Also, I'm not entirely sure, but think I caught Dono van-sama saying something about seeing things..."
    Eirene

Eirene's eyes widen, then she regains her composure. "Errr... Let's just say that Viatrix makes those colas herself, and she is very... proud of them." Eirene smiles, quite proud of her not entirely accurate tale. "And Donovan is... Uhh... I didn't remind him to take his medication today."

Eirene remains chipper as ever, technically that was not a lie either. "Speaking of..." Eirene looks behind Rosa toward Donovan. "Donovan! Your presence is required sillyhead!" The girl says quite audibly in his general direction.