New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

[Park]

"Oh no, I'm a native", Yui hurries to correct Sören, waving her hands in bewilderment. From a certain point of view, she's even speaking the truth. "I've just noticed a lot of odd looking people lately... oh, sorry, I didn't meant to insult you." There's that unhealthy blush again, and she bows deeply to Sören.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-07-12 at 03:51 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

"None taken." he says, grinning broadly. "In fact, I would be insulted if said I looked normal."

The Bount leaps upright from his seat, placing one foot on the bench he has just vacated.

Oh dear lord, not again.

"Shh. To be considered unique, to fight against that which is typical, to broaden one's mind beyond the accepted and imagined, to impart knowledge and concepts foreign and new, to sample all the variety life has to offer! That is my mantra - no - my duty as a teacher of languages! To take the horizon and pull into pre-eminence and make some minds the richer for it and to defy the conventions of society! No, I cannot be called anything but strange, lady-san!"

The Bount strikes a pose reminiscent of The Thinker, before smoothly moving back into a sitting position.

Can I unplug my metaphorical ears yet? Is it over?

"Oi, shh. Oh, that reminds me. I didn't catch you're name, lady-san."
    Last edited by Edge; 2010-07-12 at 04:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "I see. Just a moment, I will direct your call to one of our Inspectors."

There is a beep, perhaps 45 seconds of waiting, then a new voice picks up the line.

"This is Police Inspector Watanabe Akira. I understand you are wishing to report suspicious behavior? Could you please go into more detail?"
    Claudia blinks for a moment, then replies.

"Inspector Watanabe? You would be the father of Watanabe Kaito? Well, a strange man in his early twenties or so tried to get into the party that my daughter, Valeria Abel, put on. He first tried to sneak in by looking natural, and then by claiming to have urgent business with someone that he couldn't have known was here."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ettin in the Playground

[Park]

Eh? Yui gives the strange display a blank stare. She claps her hands absent-mindedly a few times after it's over, before picking up the question. "Oh yes. I'm Õta Yui", she answers primly, offering her hand for a shake. "And this is Silva Rai." She motions towards the other woman.

"Pleasure to meet you."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-07-12 at 04:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia blinks for a moment, then replies.

"Inspector Watanabe? You would be the father of Watanabe Kaito? Well, a strange man in his early twenties or so tried to get into the party that my daughter, Valeria Abel, put on. He first tried to sneak in by looking natural, and then by claiming to have urgent business with someone that he couldn't have known was here."
    Akira blinked, then assumed a more formal posture.

"I am. Mrs. Abel, could you describe this individual? Did he tell you his name? Did you get his license plates, or at least a description of his car? Was there anything unusual about him, such as dilated eyes, odd facial ticks, twichty body motions, or the like? Did he say anything that made you feel he was threatening you or the children? What exactly did he say to attempt to gain entry? What was suspicious or false about his words or actions? Can anyone vouch for your side of the story?"

Akira had already dug out a pen and pad when the barrage of questions began. He had years of experience, so he knew that getting as much information out of the witness as quickly as possible was key; time would make some details fade, and it would take him almost half an hour to reach the Abel residence.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

The Bount takes the proffered hand, but he doesn't stand back up again to do so.

"Sören Stein. The..."

He pauses for a moment.

"The pleasure is all mine? That's the generally accepted response... isn't it?"
    Last edited by Edge; 2010-07-12 at 04:32 PM.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Orc in the Playground

Val's House-Poolside

Kaito nodded and smiled.

"I've got a few games that are good for multiple participants. Really, these sorts of activities are more fun with multiple people involved."
    Val grins a bit at Emi, indicating she very much doesn't mind. Why would she?

"Just like dancing, really."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #848
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    [Park]

The Bount takes the proffered hand, but he doesn't stand back up again to do so.

"Sören Stein. The..."

He pauses for a moment.

"The pleasure is all mine? That's the generally accepted response... isn't it?"
    Up to this point, Silva has remained quiet, just watching the Bount.

Largely because it's been a while since she ran into one of her own. Not counting the two in the Venti cafe.

She offers her hand out to shake Sören's and nods. One of them, anyway.

Well...all over here, aren't we?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Val grins a bit at Emi, indicating she very much doesn't mind. Why would she?

"Just like dancing, really."
    Val's House-Poolside

Kaito ducks his head a bit.

"I can't dance at all."

10. - Top - End - #850
    Orc in the Playground

Val's House-Poolside

Kaito ducks his head a bit.

"I can't dance at all."
    Val chuckles a bit. "It's not hard! In fact..." She perks her ears up, hearing the beginning of a particular track over the stereo... "This one may be kinda familiar."

And with that, she starts dancing.

...those around her may have this odd tempation to join in.

((I.E. saves vs. Irresistable Dance! ))
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Up to this point, Silva has remained quiet, just watching the Bount.

Largely because it's been a while since she ran into one of her own. Not counting the two in the Venti cafe.

She offers her hand out to shake Sören's and nods. One of them, anyway.

Well...all over here, aren't we?
    [Park]
    Sören shakes the proferred hand, again remain seated where he was, though an eyebrow involuntarily quirked as he finally took a good look at Silva.

"Someone who understands! Keeping up with the latest changes in your native language is bad enough, let alone those in foreign tongues, eh?"

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

Akira blinked, then assumed a more formal posture.

"I am. Mrs. Abel, could you describe this individual? Did he tell you his name? Did you get his license plates, or at least a description of his car? Was there anything unusual about him, such as dilated eyes, odd facial ticks, twichty body motions, or the like? Did he say anything that made you feel he was threatening you or the children? What exactly did he say to attempt to gain entry? What was suspicious or false about his words or actions? Can anyone vouch for your side of the story?"

Akira had already dug out a pen and pad when the barrage of questions began. He had years of experience, so he knew that getting as much information out of the witness as quickly as possible was key; time would make some details fade, and it would take him almost half an hour to reach the Abel residence.
    Claudia collects herself for a moment, and then answers the torrent of questions as best she can.

"He was a young Japanese man in his early twenties. His license plate number is *license*. He did not have any unusual mannerisms.

His only reference to violence was an explicit refusal to make use of it in trying to get past me. He did, however, say that 'Hollow Ones' were among us, and claimed that they would put us at risk.

He claimed to have been on a drive through the countryside when he happened to see the car of a girl named Vi in our driveway. However, Vi arrived with another group, and slightly isolated herself from them when she got in, so I doubted that anyone would associate that vehicle with Vi.

After that didn't hold water, he said that he was on urgent business, and demanded the opportunity to go to the party and speak with her. Since he'd previously been claiming to have driven here more or less at random, that was clearly also false. His repeated lies to try to get into the party were what made me concerned, and I asked that he leave my property. He complied, giving that odd warning that I told you about, and then Shin got his license plates, and... oh, yes, I do have a witness: Sasaki Shin, the father of one of the other partygoers."

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The only sound Claudia hears over the phone is the scratch of a pen on paper.

"I see. Do you recall a bit more of what he said regarding these "Hollow Ones"?

As well, have you found out if this "Vi" at the party knows of him?

Do you have contact information for Mr. Sasaki, if we need to speak with him regarding these events?
    "

After receiving the answers to these questions, Akira set his pen down.

"Well Mrs. Abel, there's nothing here enough to actually arrest him, but I think we can at least take some time to speak with this young man. We'll let you know the results of that as soon as we can. Was there anything else you needed?"

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

The only sound Claudia hears over the phone is the scratch of a pen on paper.

"I see. Do you recall a bit more of what he said regarding these "Hollow Ones"?

As well, have you found out if this "Vi" at the party knows of him?

Do you have contact information for Mr. Sasaki, if we need to speak with him regarding these events?
    "

After receiving the answers to these questions, Akira set his pen down.

"Well Mrs. Abel, there's nothing here enough to actually arrest him, but I think we can at least take some time to speak with this young man. We'll let you know the results of that as soon as we can. Was there anything else you needed?"
    Claudia nods.

"Shin gave me that information. You can contact him via *Shin's phone number*. The intruder didn't give much detail about these 'Hollow Ones.' As for Vi, I can give her the best description I know, but in the end, I don't know much to describe him with, unless she knows his car and license plate."

When he provides his response, she sighs.

"I didn't expect him to be arrested; I just wanted to let the police know to keep an eye out for more disturbances like this."

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    [Park]
    Sören shakes the proferred hand, again remain seated where he was, though an eyebrow involuntarily quirked as he finally took a good look at Silva.

"Someone who understands! Keeping up with the latest changes in your native language is bad enough, let alone those in foreign tongues, eh?"
    Silva raises an eyebrow, then chuckles a little.

Japanese is my native tongue. Though, I'm not sure all of the latest slang terms. Those seem to change every month.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Police Station

"Well. To be honest Mrs. Abel, he attempted to gain entry to a gathering of teenagers under false pretenses. As well as the fact that, and this is simply a statement of fact, you and your family are well off. I can think of at least 2 reasons someone would attempt that, and neither are good. This leaves out possible mental issues, related to this rant about "Hollow Ones". I would rather not wait for him to continue to harass other residents in your area, or other areas. Again, I'm merely going to speak with this young man."

There's a pause, and his voice is a bit lower in volume.

"Thank you for the call. And thank you for letting your daughter throw that party. I think Kaito needed it. Have a good day, Mrs. Abel."

Assuming she doesn't stop him, Watanabe Akira hangs up the phone, sitting back in his desk for several moments, pondering the situation.

Then he stands, grabbing his coat, pad, and pen, walking out the door. He reports his intent to one of the senior officers, and goes down to the garage, climbing in his vehicle. (Minus the light.)

He drives out of the parking garage in no particular hurry, sending a non-emergency call over the radio system, asking for any other officers who may have seen a vehicle matching the description or license plates recently. As well, he has the office run a search on the plates, to see if it brings up a name and/or address.

Kaito's eyes widen, and his face reddens a bit as Valeria just starts dancing right there. The effect is really quite hypnotic. For the moment, he manages to resist the urge to dance, but it's a shaky thing...
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-07-13 at 11:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Alexander's Loft]

Alexander lifts hid head from the book he's reading as he hears his car description and plate numbers being spoken on the police scanner. <"Oh, joy."> He then stands up and begins making coffee, while drinking a soda himself. <"This should be interesting.">
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

*Double Post of Doom!*

A few minutes talking with his fellow police officers over the radio, and Akira determines that the young man seems to have returned to his home address (which was determined quite easily with his license plates already known).

Akira parks at the curb and calmly walks up to the door.

(For reference, he's in obvious police clothing. Dark navy pants, light blue long-sleeve shirt, navy stab vest, coat, tie, and peaked cap. He's not wearing a gun, but he does have a truncheon on his person.)

Once at the door, he knocks and proceeds to wait for several moments.

19. - Top - End - #859

"Hello, officer. Please do come in, would you like some coffee? It's freshly brewed." He says after opening the door and looking at the man for a few seconds. He steps out of the way for the Watanabe to enter.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Akira steps inside, declining any offer to sit.

"Mr. Yori Alexander, yes? I'm afraid I will have to decline the offer; this is official business."

He gives Alexander a rather stern glare.

"Not long ago, you were part of a disturbance at a private residence. You attempted to gain entry to the site under false pretenses, and it was only after several requests to speak the truth or leave that you left. Now. You are not under arrest. But I would like to speak with you about this incident; it's not the sort of thing we can just overlook."

21. - Top - End - #861

"What of it? I was looking for someone whom was there. Anything beyond that was my own business. I did not tell the truth to the woman, but then again no one is wholly truthful, are they?" He closes the door after Watanabe enters, leaning against the door and looking slightly at the lightswitch to his left.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "What of it? I was looking for someone whom was there. Anything beyond that was my own business. I did not tell the truth to the woman, but then again no one is wholly truthful, are they?" He closes the door after Watanabe enters, leaning against the door and looking slightly at the lightswitch to his left.
    Akira's glare intensifies somewhat.

"Who were you looking for? And your actions were not simply your business. That was a private residence. You realize that, offhand, it looks like you were there to either scout out the home for burglary, or to scout out the children, yes? Neither of which reflects very well on you."

He crosses his arms over his chest.

"I'm asking you now to be completely truthful to me. Perhaps this really was a misunderstanding. But if you keep lying, perhaps you're the sort we need to keep an eye on. Why were you at that house?"

Edit: One of his hands seems to be hovering very close to the radio handset attached to his vest.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-07-13 at 11:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #863

"Oh gee, how will I ever survive with people watching me. I went to the residence to speak with Viatrix about a personal matter which is of some importance to myself." Alexander walks across the room and sits in his chair, taking another drink. "Those children were not so young and incapable of protecting themselves as you think, Officer. And why would I wish to steal objects from that house if I could just as easily buy objects that I wanted? You seem to be trying to do anything you can to put me in the light of a criminal, sir."

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Akira stays where he is, turning to follow the young man's progress.

"How did you know she was there? Your initial statement of "seeing her car" was patently false, as her vehicle was nowhere near that house.

Could your personal business not have waited for another time?

I believe those children are exactly as young as I believe them to be. They may not be helpless babes, but that doesn't mean they should be unduly exposed to danger. My duty as a police officer is to provide protection from said danger. After all, they're still in high school. Not truly equipped to deal with the sort of things you are implying.

And perhaps I would be less wiling to make implications, if your actions and words didn't carry heavy suspicion. I only put you in the light of a young man acting very suspiciously.
    "

His eyes glance over to the light switch Alexander had been eying just moments ago.

"For instance, blocking the door with your body while eying the light switch? That's rather poor behavior when anyone comes to visit, but especially with a police inspector."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-07-14 at 12:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #865

"Lucky guess, I suppose. If I had waited the point would have lost its' relavency, Officer. If I was a danger as you say, you would not be accomodated as such. On that note, you are free to leave at any time, Officer. I suppose the right way to treat a host is to threateningly hold your radio in order to call for more people to 'not arrest' me?" Alexander stands and opens the door, glaring back at watanabe.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "Lucky guess, I suppose. If I had waited the point would have lost its' relavency, Officer. If I was a danger as you say, you would not be accomodated as such. On that note, you are free to leave at any time, Officer. I suppose the right way to treat a host is to threateningly hold your radio in order to call for more people to 'not arrest' me?" Alexander stands and opens the door, glaring back at watanabe.
    Akira uncrossed his arms and walked until he was about a foot away from Alexander.

"For the record, I only did that in response to your suspicious behavior regarding the door and the light switch.

I will note your relative cooperation in my report.

I suggest that you don't go to the Abel residence again.

And that you stay away from any of the kids that might have been at that party.
    "

He turns and begins walking out the door, then stops just outside the door proper, turning his head to face the suspicious young man.

"Including my son."

With that, he walks back to his car, from there driving back to the police station.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Orc in the Playground

[Val's House]

Rosa was enjoying swimming laps for a moment, but the tense situation rattled in her head. She kept wondering what the fuss was all about anyways. So, she got up out of the pool and dried herself off with a towel. When dry, she puts her clothes back on for the time being and searches for Mrs. Abel, her rosary hung around her neck like a necklace for the time being. When she finds her, she bows low. "Hello, Mrs. Abel, was it? How is everything going so far?" Her face has the usual warmth, but something behind the eyes showed a bit more...trepidation than that. It might not be noticable, but it's there.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

[Park]

"Oh, I don't know", Yui says meekly. "I've always found spoken languange easy to learn. You just go and listen to people. If something doesn't make sense, you can always ask. It's written text that causes me trouble."

29. - Top - End - #869

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Val chuckles a bit. "It's not hard! In fact..." She perks her ears up, hearing the beginning of a particular track over the stereo... "This one may be kinda familiar."

And with that, she starts dancing.

...those around her may have this odd tempation to join in.

((I.E. saves vs. Irresistable Dance! ))
    As Valeria begins dancing, Nakahiro smiles, watches for a few seconds, then grips his umbrella gently and smoothly slips in next to her, following along.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-07-20 at 08:25 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Park]

"Oh, I don't know", Yui says meekly. "I've always found spoken languange easy to learn. You just go and listen to people. If something doesn't make sense, you can always ask. It's written text that causes me trouble."
    "Eh maybe it's just me. I know so many, and they kinda start blending together..."

He raises a hand and begins counting.

"Lessee... Modern English, Middle English, Old English, Dutch, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Old High German, Polish, Russian, Hungarian, Latin - both Classical and Modern RC, Ancient Greek, Modern Greek, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Mongolian, Japanese, Cherokee, Ancient Sumerian, Afrikaans..."

He stops and thinks for a moment.

"I think that's everything."

You forgot Romanian.

"Oh yes, Romanian, too!"