New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

[School]
    Hallways

Nakahiro shakes his head, leans his umbrella on his shoulder, and follows after Valeria and Kaito.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ken shrugged. "I don't know. It's up to you. I guess we could check out that cafe or walk around the neighbourhood for a while since a lot of places will probably be new to you." He slipped his bag on and walked with her to the front exit. He tried to push the door open but it wouldn't budge. He then put some real force into it and gave up when it still refused to give. "Yup, it definitely seems like something is going on. Maybe other students are stuck in here like us. Why don't we look around for them?" There was no trace of panic in his voice, instead it was quite casual.
    Kina Yoshimoto - School, Front Entrance

Kina seems nervous about walking through the dark, but is alright to follow Ken through much less dark pathways than before.

When the reach the front entrance, Kina looks around. "Why haven't we met a single person?" As Ken tries to pull the door open, Kina looks at it strangely. She turns away before Ken starts talking to her again. "Um...yeah, maybe we should go looking. Which way should we go...?" Slowly, Kina turns her head in the hallway, scanning for something.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

"Most of the people probably left as soon as they heard we'd be having a break from classes," said Ken as they reached the door. "Your guess is as good as mine. Let's pick at random, eventually we'll cover the entire area anyway." And so their aimless wandering began.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-27 at 08:47 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Erima
    [A certain scarf and schoolgirl]

Down.

Down.

Takara and Erima went down to the ground level. For an echoing sensation like this, there was a feeling of supernatural energy to be bouncing, as if it filled the area. But it wasn't filled, so it would come and go, or stay in some places, which is what the 'echo' was. As Takara walked, Erima focused on this strange sensation.

"...

Stop Takara."
    Erima said quietly.

"The echoing... I understand it now. But I need you to press on the window there." She continued.

The window did not open, even if the lock was tried to be turned.

"I thought so. There is a presence at work here. This area is likely being manipulated by a spirit. I thought maybe another youkai... but no. This scale is too large and not centered. It looks like we can't leave for now even if we tried." Erima observed with a thoughtful voice, though more tense and awake than she had been before.

There was a malevolent presence now, and suddenly Erima was very interested.

The dark outside had also cast this mood to be a darker one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Yuudai

Up.

Up.

Yuudai had forgotten something back in class, and was now rushing upstairs to go get it before he left school. Or so he thought, things did not look so good. The 2nd year student was carrying a large bag underneath one arm when he saw Takara. He almost forgot about it instantly. Now he was occupied with his thoughts.

I hope the Freshmen will think I'm cool this year. Wait, no, I know they will...

Do I say hello? A casual "hey"? Wait, no, that sounds too familiar. Good afternoon? Well, it isn't good... that would be lying... "Who are you" is a bit too rude... But the freshmen are usually into bad boys.
    He eventually settled.

"Er... What are you doing here?" He asked the girl with the scarf, trying to seem a bit annoyed. Perfect.
    "You don't think it could be a Monster, do you? Because we haven't seen one of those in a long-"

She jumps as the boy sudden comes upon her, catching her talking to what would seem to be an empty hallway. She looks at the boy and blushes furiously, trying to find a way to recover.

"I... I was..."

She stops again as the distant sound of hollows reaches her spiritually sensitive ears. So much happening all at once.

"Ghosts!!!"

She almost covers her mouth for having shouted so loudly.

"Erm... I... My family... the big shrine... I thought I could feel ghosts so I was talking with them... to see if I could get a response..."

She straightens and sets her expression to a firm and confident one.

"And what are you doing here?"
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yuudai

Yuudai looked at the girl with a hint of confusion. Ghosts? Is she serious? She tries to hide the weirdness of talking to herself by saying she believes in ghosts instead?

Still, he didn't want to appear too rude. Just the right amount of rude to make you seem like you disrespect authority but not an amount of rudeness that would make people want to avoid you.

"Ummm... Right. The ghosts... Anyway, I think I might have left something in the classroom..." Yuudai said, leaning against the wall. Leaning against walls was a surefire way to look calm, cool, and collected. Three things that Yuudai definitely was not.

Though things don't look too good right now. It would be best to travel with another for protection... I mean, I should protect her. It's my duty as a man. Besides, she's sorta cute. He thought.

"But for the life of me I can't remember what I left behind. Maybe the ghosts have affected my memory or something." Yuudai said with a chuckle. I am so smooth.

"I can probably just get it tomorrow. So, where are ya headed?"

6. - Top - End - #1296

[Takara]

Takara sighed mentally.

Can't he feel this tension in the air? If I didn't have you with me, Eri, I would be panicking right now from all the dark vibes...

She rolls her eyes at the boy before her.

"Fine. Don't believe me about ghosts. But seriously, the power is out and weird stuff is happening. Can you feel the air right now? And the rain... Weird."

She pauses for a moment and looks out the window.

And the doors are probably shut tight like the windows right now. Better stick with this kid just in case...

"I'm Takara. I was just on my way out, but I think they might have locked the doors on us or something."

She pushes on the window.

"And the windows are all stuck. So why don't we go try to find your book and maybe there will be a teacher still here with us."

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "Most of the people probably left as soon as they heard we'd be having a break from classes," said Ken as they reached the door. "Your guess is as good as mine. Let's pick at random, eventually we'll cover the entire area anyway." And so their aimless wandering began.
    "Um...alright." Kina follows behind Ken, looking around for any sign of other people in the area. She seems to tense up again, preparing herself for the need to dash.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

Erima
    [Scarf of Takara]

"Actually, I believe it's you who may the unique one Takara. Most humans now don't seem to have this ability to sense supernaturalness.

But this presence... it's rather nice. It's been a long time since I've been this...awake."

Erima said with dark amusingness. Of course, a tsukumogami also have darker feelings. Some even like to injure or eat humans.
    Or maybe Erima was amused by the situation of Takara's flusteredness.

"But no. I don't think 'monster' is a good word for it. We aren't close enough to it to find the center. Let's go with this boy for now."
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ettin in the Playground

[School]
    [Interior]

Tani's impudent snoring echoes loudly in the sports hall when a massive creature emerges from the shadows and walks to him. His sleep goes on uninterrupted as the monster grabs him from his belt and collar and begins carrying him towards the nearest window. It goes on still when the window is flung open and a breeze of cold, moist autumn air blows on his face.

It probably ends when he's whisked out of it and into the rain. It definitely ends when he collides with wet ground good dozen feet away from school wall.

Behind him, the window closes and locks, seemingly by itself. The massive creature melds back into the faint light of the sports hall, wondering who it should take care of next...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani

Doubting Tani's ability to sleep would indeed be a foolish thing. No bout of rain could awaken him. He even his formidable talents in the art of napping could not defeath slamming into the ground, rolling, and hitting a tree. As he awakens, he catches a fleeting sight of the creature, before it fades back into the hall.

"...smart one! Attacing me when I'm napping! What time is it... or should I be asking about what day it is?"

Tani sighed stretching out his hand as a crackling point of light formed there, flashing out to become one of his Spears. Time to find that thing, and deal with it. Tani was already smiling... when he hit the first locked door.

"...come on? You have to be kidding me."

Tani of course had keys. He'd done the sensible thing, and put them on a hook in his office. The Office that was inside the locked bulding.

"...really? Thwarted by a locked door? That is a new low."

Tani sighed, walking away to find a way into the building.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Ayase tugs at the handle and grunts in annoyance. "Are all the doors locked?"
    Strange. But if it was an akumushi Denden would have warned her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Zzzzzzz...."

She wanders around, trying to find someone.
    {OOC: Anyone can bump into her right now}
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-08-31 at 10:15 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1302

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    [Takara]

Takara sighed mentally.

Can't he feel this tension in the air? If I didn't have you with me, Eri, I would be panicking right now from all the dark vibes...

She rolls her eyes at the boy before her.

"Fine. Don't believe me about ghosts. But seriously, the power is out and weird stuff is happening. Can you feel the air right now? And the rain... Weird."

She pauses for a moment and looks out the window.

And the doors are probably shut tight like the windows right now. Better stick with this kid just in case...

"I'm Takara. I was just on my way out, but I think they might have locked the doors on us or something."

She pushes on the window.

"And the windows are all stuck. So why don't we go try to find your book and maybe there will be a teacher still here with us."
    Yuudai

"Like I said, I can get it tomorrow." The boy said, standing up straight and lifting his bag over his shoulder. "What we should look for is a way out, I doubt a teacher knows what's going on either." He said with a glance out one of the windows.

"Oh, I'm Aoki Yuudai, by the way." The boy said as he stepped away from the wall. "I'd much rather leave than spend any more time here, Takara-San."

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Ayase tugs at the handle and grunts in annoyance. "Are all the doors locked?"
    Strange. But if it was an akumushi Denden would have warned her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Zzzzzzz...."

She wanders around, trying to find someone.
    {OOC: Anyone can bump into her right now}
    [School Hallways]

After a couple minutes of Kaito and Nakahiro helping Valeria calm down somewhat, the three of them set off to find a teacher, or even just an exit.

Of course, nearly every door they came across was locked along the way...

Finally, they went through one of the few unlocked doors and ran across Ayase. Kaito called out as soon as he spotted her.

"Ayase! Are you stuck here, too?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

Ayase turns at the voice. "Watanabe? Yeah. I was going to try the doors down this end. No luck?"
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-08-31 at 11:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Orc in the Playground

[School Hallways]

Valeria follows after Kaito. Despite the fact that she'd been calmed down, she still looks like a paranoid wreck; she's almost paler than usual, and is shaking to a fair degree.

She does, however, manage a small wave at Ayase.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Bugbear in the Playground

[School]
    Hallways

Nakahiro takes up the rear of the group, still resting his umbrella on his shoulder. He looks calm, almost unfazed by the strange happenings going on around him. Internally, he isn't taking it as well, but doesn't want to be a burden. He doesn't react to Ayase other than looking at her.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[School Hallways]

Kaito shook his head.

"It's weird. The only doors that have been unlocked seem to just be going in circles. At least you didn't get isolated. Makes me wonder if there are others around here. We should try to find them; once we're sure we have everyone together, we can try to get out."

Kaito's voice held more resolve than his heart. He was worried about Valeria, worried about the strange goings-on, and freaked out about his newly developed powers.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ettin in the Playground

[School stairwell]

One pest gotten rid of. Satisfied with himself, the angry janitor glides through the walls, towards upper floors of the old building. Who should it throw out next? A hint of hunger is growing inside him - maybe some uppity whelp would make a good snack to offset it? It would teach the others some respect...

Takara and Yuudai will feel a dark presence approaching from below them, a faint sound akin to heavy footsteps echoing to their ears. It doesn't feel malicious... yet... but it's definetily not something they'd want to rouse attention of...

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Orc in the Playground

[School Hallways, first floor]

Hasunaga had left the nurse's office for a while now. He snuck around school, checking each classroom through the windows on each door where possible, and occasionally peeking through keyholes. It seemed the students were safe, if stranded. It hadn't occurred to him to check any of the doors, as he didn't want to be noticed just yet.

At this point, he was far enough not to notice Souta's movements. It was no surprise, then, that when his senses eventually picked up the mass of malignant Reiatsu headed towards the school, he figured he'd go out and fight them. He couldn't let any more of those troublesome monsters in than there already was.

Souta had been a Hollow for a relatively short while, which meant he'd likely go after his loved ones first. Hasunaga's mistake was to assume that A) whichever Hollow was currently in school was after someone he knew in life and B) Souta wasn't the Hollow in question. This made the logic leap of faith that he could track said Hollow down and hunt him after he was done with the outside threat later that much easier to make.

Removing the jacket of his suit, the old teacher rolled up his sleeves and tied that dark gray bandana he sported on his arm around his forehead. Then, taking a deep breath, he let the Reiatsu flow through his body, rejuvenating his body back to his early thirties.

Then he stepped out.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

[School Hallways]

"Hi Val."

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito shook his head.

"It's weird. The only doors that have been unlocked seem to just be going in circles. At least you didn't get isolated. Makes me wonder if there are others around here. We should try to find them; once we're sure we have everyone together, we can try to get out."

Kaito's voice held more resolve than his heart. He was worried about Valeria, worried about the strange goings-on, and freaked out about his newly developed powers.
    "We could always try breaking a window." Ayase says. It's hard to tell whether she's serious or not. Not that there are many windows a student could fit through which aren't behind locked doors or high above the ground.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-09-01 at 10:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[School Hallways]

Kaito shook his head.

"No, if it comes to that, a door is probably going to be easier and less dangerous. But it'd take a couple of us, at least, to do so. Come on; like I said, there might be others about."

Kaito gestured for the whole group to keep moving.

'Somehow, I've ended up leader here...hoboy.'

22. - Top - End - #1312

[Takara]

The girl looks both ways down the hallway then nods.

"Best bet is heading for the front doors."

She starts to head that way but freezes after only a few steps.

"S-something is..."

Eri, you feel that? We... might want to get ready... in case...

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

Erima

"I feel it, Takara." Erima said. The scarf around Takara's neck felt a little different now. Like someone who was gently hugging her from behind. If Takara looked to her right, she could imagine Erima looking forward with a strange look on her face. Ah, it was the same face she had when they were 'monster hunting.' Maybe more like a predator. Something more unnatural and not human. A youkai's expression. Enjoying? Maybe something like this.

To stare at a world of supernatural, at some places it may cross, and for a tsukumogami, it is an existence of both. But if Takara blinked, then Erima looked normal again - serious, but relaxed like a good scarf. Maybe both feelings were comforting.

"It's strange, but it feels like the barrier just shifted. Maybe there is a change in priority?"

The windows begin to shake in the hallway. Lightning flashed outside.

"No, it's coming.

Takara be ready!"

Sayaka

Trapped in the classroom by ○○.

Sayaka was, to make a simple saying, stressed. But for her, it was a thousand thoughts of training and wondering. Maybe the biggest one was "why now?"

But for stress, Sayaka's feelings were cold and smooth. To be enduring and constant, that was what it was like to keep a clear mind. To keep a stance of purity and feeling like water, that was a feeling of deliberateness of a shrine maiden.

She tried the door and hall windows of course. But they did not open. So she had gathered her talisman from her bag and made preparing. Because whatever other dangers were there, the school was in danger, and so were her classmates.

And now she was looking at the door again, and applied a talisman on it. There was a change in the energy that Sayaka could feel. It felt pure now. Clean. The evil air around it was dispersed and sent away.

And she pulled on the door again. But it did not open.

Annoyed, she kicked it.

And then realized that it was still

locked.

"Sayaka you idiot." She muttered to herself.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ettin in the Playground

[School Stairwell]

The being lurking below Yuudai, Takara and Erima halts just before gliding into their vision. The reason is pretty clear - a muffled BANG! is echoing through the corridors, as if someone had kicked a door with full force not too far away.

"Wuzzat? Gorramn brats, breakin' mah school! Ah'll show 'em!", a terrifying voice booms from the darkness. Yet, it's also strangely familiar. Surely, the students have heard someone cursing and whining with that same tone before - but who?

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - Aimlessly Wandering...

As much as Kina hated to admit it, she was totally lost. They had passed walls and doors and stairs and floors that looked exactly the same. It was only when they reached the front of the school again that Kina actually said anything.

"Well...that plan didn't work. What do we do now?" Kina picks a nearby windowsill, brushes it off, and sits on it. "I feel like...something weird's going on."

26. - Top - End - #1316

[Takara]

Takara shifts into a ready position as the dark shape comes into view.

"Yuudai, get back!"

Is it just a ghost, or a masked monster, Eir? I can't tell. Get ready either way. We can't let it hurt Yuudai.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

27. - Top - End - #1317

Yuudai

"Get back? Shouldn't that be what I say in this situation?" Yuudai blurted out. I thought I was the one protecting her...

He tightened his grip on his bag and took the standard battle stance he had learned from Volume 4 of that "Learn Karate at Home" DVD. He glared at the approaching shape. "You better stay the hell away or you'll find out what pain feels like." He said threateningly. You'll be in for a world of pain would have sounded better... Or maybe You'll find out the true meaning of pain? No, too cliche. The boy thought as soon as he said it. I'm screwing this up.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

For a moment, eerie silence follows Yuudai's (empty) threat. Then, a vast form steps into view. To Yuudai, it's just and indistinct shadow, but Takara can see it clear as day - a hulking, black, gorilla-like beast, it's face covered by white bone. It's mask resembles a human face, familiar face even, but its slightly off, a bit like head of a ventriloquist dummy. Soulless, that might be the best word to describe it.

From the holes of the mask, two beady eyes stare at the two students (plus a certain scarf), a puff of smoke escaping from its mouth as it regards the two. "'n just who da heck d'ye think ye art, boy?", it booms, its voice so loud it almost feels like the whole school around them shakes.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

Erima

Takara can feel Erima's seething hostility now.

"Abomination." She snarled. "Takara, it is more of a foe than a ghost would be. With the barrier right now I don't know if we can hurt it.

It's best to run for now. We have to find the center of the it's existence- this is just it's manifestation. Grab the boy and run!"

Sayaka

Sayaka was in the hallway now, running. There, on the wall was another spot. She took the chalk in her hand and slapped a talisman on the board. Around it she drew a bigger circle and began to write a new seal.

There. The more I can prepare, the better the ward will be.

But she heard the loud sound and wiped her forehead.

There is no time. I have to hurry

She thought desperately. Other students were in danger.

Outside thunder cried.

30. - Top - End - #1320

[Takara]

Takara's heart pounds in her chest as the hollow makes itself visible. Her first instinct is to attack it, but Yuudai's presence makes that too risky. She breaths in and does what Erima suggests.

"Run!"

Takara turns and attempts to grab Yuudai's hand and drag him with her as she runs flat out away from the hollow. Yuudai might be surprised at just how strong she actually is.

If is follows, try to attack it, Eri. Just enough to slow it down.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em