New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Hibiki nods, drops the bag he's been carrying around, and in a blur of blue, he is quite suddenly in a pair of blue swim trunks, with a towel draped over his shoulder. ...oddly, he's still wearing his glasses.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani blinked once or twice, and then shrugged.

"...that was impressive. Alright, lets head to the pool."

Tani starts walking toward one of the doors to the gym... in the opposite direction of the pool.

"...do you know where this Pool is?"

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene points to the way opposite Tanigawa was going.

In fact, she points to a double door with a large sign saying "To the swimming pool" on it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani wants to crumble, but refuses to let his resolve falter.

"Excellent point!"

He turns round, and heads for the pool... the right way this time.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki fights the urge to roll his eyes, following through to the pool after a courteous nod to Reene.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani reached the pool without further incident (...perhaps we can credit luck), and looked over at Hibiki.

"Help me get the cover off."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki does so. ...He pulls an odd amount of weight for his size, in fact, though Tani might swear that the pool itself was helping the effort.

"Easy enough. Next?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani was suprised. The little guy was strong, certainly enough.

"Give me a lap of the pool."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Silva stands on the sidewalk, not far from where the building collapsed. She had actually been taking care of some personal matter in the alley not long before it happened.

She stares in the direction of the situation for a moment. A sort of inner voice is telling her to check it out.

Go...investigate...sure to be souls...

She lets out a sigh. Medric, I don't want to start getting into trouble just yet, she says under her breath. We haven't even been here a day yet.

You want it...I want it...

No, she says firmly. I'm going back to the apartment.

She turns the other direction and walks back towards her apartment.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki smirks, removing his glasses, setting the towel and his bag down, and preparing to jump in. He gives Tani one more look before he does. "I'd make sure to hold on to your jaw, because it's about to drop." With that, he dives in.

To say that Hibiki swims as a fish would be an insult. No, he seems to be perfectly in tune with the water; the pint-sized teacher goes from one end to the other like a bullet, moving with perfect fluidity and posture, demonstrating several strokes with flawless sequencing. If Tani were keeping time, well, it would easily hit record speeds without breaking a sweat.

This soul is certainly enjoying this.

And you aren't?
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Hibiki

Hibiki turns to Tani, sighing. "And what, pray tell, makes you think that I couldn't handle it?" With a shrug, he considers for a moment. "...yeah, I guess."

Valeria

Val hugs her mom, suddenly. "Thank you! I'll call them up."

"...And, no problem, mom; you know I can't disappoint you for all the stuff you've done for me..." ...she fights off a sniffle.
    Claudia is momentarily taken aback by Val's thanks. She quickly recovers, smiles again, and returns the hug briefly.

"...What kind of Mom would I be if I didn't do everything I could for you, Vally? Now, go ahead and call up your friends."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani had pulled a stop watch out of his pocket to time Hibiki, chuckling a little at the boast. When it turned out to be entirely true... well, Tani forgot to start the time.

"...good lord little man, do you have a jet engine attached to you, or something? I think I can say that is sufficient..."

...for the olympics.

"Uhh, care to do a set of dives for me?"

Tani was pretty sure he was out of his depth, at this point. He was just curious to see what Hibiki could do.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki

Hibiki gracefully exits the pool, smirking triumphantly at Tani before nodding. "Sure thing."

His dives, while perhaps not as flawless as his actual swimming, are certainly nothing to sneeze at. There's no question that he would be an olympic athlete if he put his mind to it. ...well, ignoring his childlike stature.

Valeria

Valeria smiles, heading up to her room before she calls Kaito's cell.

Geez, I'm acting like a kid... but I don't know how this day could get any better...
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-15 at 11:48 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito hadn't jogged home, but his walking pace had been decidedly brisk.

So of course, it was just after he stepped inside from the entryway, and was about to greet his mother, when his phone rang.

Quirking an eyebrow, he pulled it out of his pocket...

And his eyes widened a bit, before he flipped it open to answer.

"Oh, uh, hello Valeria. I didn't expect you to call quite so soon."

His mother was in earshot and raised an eyebrow with that dangerous gleam in her eye.

'Valeria?' she mouthed to Kaito.

Kaito blushed and mouthed back. 'I'll tell you when I'm done.'

Of course, right then his father walked into the dining room with his mother, giving her a kiss before she leaned over to whisper in his ears.

His expression of curiosity made Kaito dread what was to come.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani was... well shocked. This kid should be in the olympics, not teaching at some High School.

"Uhhh... well you pass. With flying colors."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

She starts picking up the tabs and handing them to Donovan for him to put them in the cash register, as well as picking up any tips that were meant for her. When she got around to the table where Izumi, Kaito, and Valeria were sitting, she noticed the generous tip left by Val. How generous of her. I am sure she will live a very happy life here. She then goes about her job.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria

Valeria chuckles. "Hi, Kaito. Well, I talked with my mom, and she said it would be okay if you came over. You could bring a few friends, too, we've got a big place. We're going to have a little party, pretty much, if you want." She can hardly hide the excitement in her voice.

"We've even got a pool... so, what do you think?"

Hibiki

Hibiki leaves the pool again, moving to his towel, and working on drying his hair and face off before he puts his glasses back on. "Well, that was a nice warm-up..." He looks back to Tani with his distant expression again, though his fellow teacher may be able to glean a little... well, ecstasy would be a bit strong of a word, but he certainly seems happy.

"...So, you're new here, too, yeah?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani was still doing his best to get over having an Olympic Class athlete here. He did nod at the question however.

"Yep. I needed a job, and it seemed like it might be fun."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

"Mmm... A friend of mine wanted to teach. She was... really amazing." Hibiki frowns for a second, but shakes it off. "...as for this, well... I have always loved the water. It's always changing, and free... uncontrollable. Dangerous, yet caring. Call me poetic, but every time I take a swim, I feel like I'm part of it for a while. It's a feeling that can't be matched."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani nodded at Hibiki's words. It was the way he used to feel practicing Martial Arts. It was the way he felt in battle with the 'things.' Hibiki belonged swimming, and Tani belonged to fight.

"I understand what you mean. Not quite the same for me, but it is similar."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

At the cafe Sören drinks his coffee, Irish or otherwise, relatively quickly apparently not garnering much pleasure from it. He asks for the bill soon after finishing, and leaves a decent tip before leaving and making his way toward the school.

His journey is remarkably quick, his walking pace quite forced, but once he enters the building and begins searching for the headmistress'principle's office, his pace slows considerably. A slight breeze seems to follow in his wake, pleasantly cool and sluggish. He finally stops walking upon reaching a crossroads.

"Hmm. Which way?"

I forget what it is for mazes. Is it always take the left, or always take the right?

"Männy, please quietly shut the hell up."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Michiko

...Crap. I need to stall for time.

Both of Michiko's hands raise up into the air, dropping the bat down unto the ground with a loud clang as she holds them up out-stretched. She was unarmed and, aside from her odd appearance, didn't seem all that threatening either. But then how could they tell she was focusing her willpower on the space directly around the detective?

"My name? Does it look like a bat could cause an explosion? I cam here cause my...friend, the boy, called me and said that he was under attack. I get here and this woman has him slung over her shoulder like a bag of meat!" she says hotly, at odds with her normally calm and cool tone, deliberately trying not to sound like herself, "She's the one you should be questioning! If I had been the one to cause those injuries the bat would have blood on it and so would I! What kinda two-bit detective are you?"

That should do it...

Finally having gathered enough energy, she waits for a moment...maybe this detective would see reason...or just go away.
    Soshi, for what its worth, remained out like a light and unaware of the unfolding situation he had caused in his struggles against the vile woman.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

"She speaks the truth", the woman intervenes, smirking as he gives Henry a tired glance. "I remember... the boy, talking to a phone... before things happened. She just came here - I even asked her to take us to a hospital. What ever caused this, good sir, it's... not her fault." The wailing sirens finally come close, stopping just before the damaged portion of the street. Carrying a pair trolleys, the crew hurries out and into the alley.

"Hey! What's the situation here?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Valeria

Valeria chuckles. "Hi, Kaito. Well, I talked with my mom, and she said it would be okay if you came over. You could bring a few friends, too, we've got a big place. We're going to have a little party, pretty much, if you want." She can hardly hide the excitement in her voice.

"We've even got a pool... so, what do you think?"
    Kaito blinked.

"Oh, ok. Yeah, that sounds like a fun idea. Um, I'll give a couple of people a call. I'm guessing you're going to give Izumi a call as well? Um, is this more of a kind of casual party, or formal, or what?"

Whatever his distraction, Kaito's mind was trying to focus on details, gather facts.

Poor boy didn' get called by a girl and invited to a party that often. Usually it was school-related.

"So, when are you thinking of having the party?"

Kaito's parents were beaming in the background.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria

"Yeah, I'll call Izumi next; Casual, of course. Bring something to swim in, if you feel like it." Val lays on her bed on her stomach, with her legs bent upward in the stereotypical female teenager fashion.

"Oh, a few days; I'd say Saturday. Me and my mom haven't worked out the exact details, but. Is that good for you?"

Hibiki

Hibiki observes Tani with an eyebrow raised, but still nods. "...Very well, then. Thanks for giving me a chance." He slips on a replacement shirt and flip-flops from his bag (...possibly making one consider what other kind of odd things he has in there, if he had everything necessary to go for a swim), then seeks out Principal Lucaster again.

There, are you happy? We'll get to go to the pool as often as we want, as part of my job, even.

This spirit could not be more ecstatic.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-16 at 10:24 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Valeria

"Yeah, I'll call Izumi next; Casual, of course. Bring something to swim in, if you feel like it." Val lays on her bed on her stomach, with her legs bent upward in the stereotypical female teenager fashion.

"Oh, a few days; I'd say Saturday. Me and my mom haven't worked out the exact details, but. Is that good for you?"
    Kaito looked thoughtful, turning so he was facing his parents again.

"Saturday, you said?"

His mother and father nod in unison. With big smiles on their faces.

"...Yeah, Saturday works. Like I said, I'll put out a couple calls. I'm not exactly Mr. Party, so I don't foresee bringing a lot of extra people. But if nothing else, I'll be coming. Might even swim a bit, though I'm not an Olympic athlete or anything."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Kondo Sayaka - Houheiden Shrine

The cicadas were singing loudly. Very annoyingly loudly like they always did. Further into the city there was less of that problem...but here by the mountains, it was a constant song every hour.
    But the real problem was the sun and the heat.
    If only a breeze would come. Please Wind Deity, send your cold wind this way!
    Sayaka clapped her hands and bowed at the shrine. Here it was shady and a little more cool than out in the sun. Even though almost no one came to visit at this time of year, her father had insisted she go clean the stone steps.
    Of course, he had said he would reward her. This was her 'job' afterall. But as Sayaka stood here in her temporary retreat, she wondered if laws of workplace would allow such a thing. At least there was more shade, with big leafy trees around.

The sweeping was done for now, which left Sayaka a little aimless. It was so warm. Perfect weather to sleep or be lazy.
    But the wind chime would sing warningly against such an action. No, she had to finish her homework before school returned. The summer vacation was short this year, but that just meant Sports Festival practice would start sooner.

"Yuuyake koyake de hi ga kurete
    yama no jinja no kane ga "-

"Father please stop singing incorrect songs." Sayaka sighed. She tugged on her robes. Still having to wear the red and white during this month unfair, but she had-

"Wait! What are you wearing?!" Sayaka yelled in horror as her Father came around the corner. His always pleasant yet smug smile was freely worn as he was dressed in pink shorts and a white t-shirt.
    "Good afternoon Saya-chan.~~" Haruaki said with a singing tune. Sayaka clenched her fists.
    "I've been working in this clothing for this whole time, and you look like you are going to the pool?!" She demanded. Haruaki patted her shoulders gently.
    "You've done a great job my dear. The whole Shrine looks so clean! There aren't even any insects by the water!"
    "That's because it's too hot even for them right now." Sayaka muttered. "Or so I would say, but wait! Don't think you can not answer me!"
    "Well, if you want me to wear a miko's costume, I can do it." Sayaka glared.
    "No. That's not what I meant! Why do I have to spend my summer vacation days working while you play around all of the time?"

Haruaki laughed, and gave Sayaka a rueful smile.
    "I am working. Don't you feel it Sayaka? There's a heavy feeling in the air."
    "That's humidity. It's the end of rainy season." Sayaka muttered, but she was trying to concentrate more now on the air.
    "Maybe...but you already know what many young people do this time of year. It's very popular even at your school."
    "Trials of Guts." Sayaka answered immediately.
    "Right. And you know why it is this time of year."
    "Because the Kyoto Sending Ceremonies are concluded. Obon Festival is coming soon."
    "Correct. There is a heavier concentration of spiritual energy in the world at this time. All of those souls who will gather, or who are sent coincide at that time."
    "Higan isn't until September."
    "But the road to get there may take a while." Haruaki looked at the sky, and the clouds over the mountains. "They're going to be busy soon. And that means we will too I'm afraid." He said ominously. Sayaka frowned. She knew a lot already from her father, but he was still always mysterious and vague about these spiritual things. Of course he was talking about the shinigami.

Sayaka sighed. "Well make sure you don't make the shrine messy. I'm going to do my homework."
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria's smile intensifies to the point where it could probably give a sunburn with direct exposure. "All right! Saturday it is, then! See you then, and thanks, Kaito." Blushing, she hangs up before the poor guy can react.

...Then, recollecting herself for a few moments, she calls Izumi.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani stays behind, managing to cover up the pool on his own. Heck, he probably doesn't even fall in.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene was actually on the stands, watching the competition and taking notes.

She waves at the two once it becomes obvious they are looking for her.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing