New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    He was fully aware that he was playing Lalita on his own turf and that the odds of success were slim. But Apolinar did not really care. Words were cheap and easily taken back, and besides, he hadn't cracked any skulls in weeks... Although I hope he doesn't lord it too much if he wins. He's insufferable enough as is...

"Cut the crap, kid. It's not like you really think that highly of me at all and you know it." The general scanned the surroundings. "Having said that, I accept your terms. This oughta be good... For a laugh."

Turning towards Sereg's sector, Apolinar points towards the Arena. "We start there. One full lap of the city. no stopping. For ANYTHING!" With that, he disappeared in a blur of Sonido headed in a perfectly straight line towards the Arena.

An Arrancar with a Hollow-burger stand near the road was suddenly sent flying through the air and his stand was wrecked. Perfectly straight line.
    Lalita freezes for a brief moment as Apolinar charges away. Oh dear, he thinks as all the different laws and customs he'll be breaking flash through his mind. Yes, he doesn't usually care one whiff about them, but that doesn't mean he is ignorant of them. There'd be other reasons to run fast than just beating the General...

... but there isn't time to ponder about that now. Lalita leaps after Apolinar, using the path the General opened to his advantage as he speeds up. A befuddled arrancar can only give a quick glance after Apolinar as he lands, before a black boot uses his head as a stepping stone and bashes his face to the pavement. "Sorryaboutthatwillmakeitupsometiiiiimeee...."

Soon, the Fraccion ties in with the Privaron, gaining a slight lead over Apolinar before they arrive at the arena. This... we... I'll be so screwed after this! Edward will have easy time finding the two. If the start is any sign of what's coming, routes the contestants took will be visible days afterwards...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #482
    Pixie in the Playground

But Canary-sans a boy, right Canary-san?

The gillian made no visible response.

Yes that's right.

Pan stands back up again to watch the doors open.

Hmmm I don't think you can come with me inside Canary-san, it's your own fault for being so tall you know. So you have to stay here and not pick anyone up, or eat anyone, or step on anyone, or even practice cartwheels. So you just stay right here and I'll be right back.

With that, Pan hopped off the gillian and solidified the air beneath him to slow his decent until he touched ground.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Lalita freezes for a brief moment as Apolinar charges away. Oh dear, he thinks as all the different laws and customs he'll be breaking flash through his mind. Yes, he doesn't usually care one whiff about them, but that doesn't mean he is ignorant of them. There'd be other reasons to run fast than just beating the General...

... but there isn't time to ponder about that now. Lalita leaps after Apolinar, using the path the General opened to his advantage as he speeds up. A befuddled arrancar can only give a quick glance after Apolinar as he lands, before a black boot uses his head as a stepping stone and bashes his face to the pavement. "Sorryaboutthatwillmakeitupsometiiiiimeee...."

Soon, the Fraccion ties in with the Privaron, gaining a slight lead over Apolinar before they arrive at the arena. This... we... I'll be so screwed after this! Edward will have easy time finding the two. If the start is any sign of what's coming, routes the contestants took will be visible days afterwards...
    Apolinar briefly considers stopping at the arena, but instead takes a right. However, instead of simply changing direction, Apolinar basically has to powerslide due to his total lack of grace or acrobatic skill, or, indeed, actually caring about those two attributes. Screeching through the corner and somehow not killing anyone(again), he leaves a glowing line in the pavement, as well as some of his speed. Despite this, Apolinar was still rather buoyant. Are ya man enough to go through with this, I wonder? he exulted to himself as he kept on going. Truth be told, this was mostly to make Lalita squirm... Apolinar wished that the fraccion's face wasn't a blur right now.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #484
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Genoveva's Palacio

"Tsk, ya ain't even going to try and keep it ter yer self? What's da point ta livin' if ya ain't gonna at least TRY to hol' on to what ya got?" Genoveva says, finally stopping nary an inch away from Tadzio as she looks up into his mask.

"Weren't ya listenin'? Ah goin' to a social thing. Ah just invited ya ta come with me as company. Simple question really, ya or neigh?" There wasn't even much room to back down really, she had been quick to get right up into his face, "C'mon! Speak up!"
    Tadzio's eyes seem to narrow in a fashion that would suggest he is frowning, though thoughtfully. He gives his head a small shake, protesting only in a quiet voice.

"This isn't worth holding onto... it's just... a resting place for the moment,"

He straightens up fully when the Primera grows closer, the quickness of his breath audible from such a distance, though it seems fairly steady despite that. He looks down at her now, his gaze remaining wary, though a flicker of surprise flashes through his eyes as she clarifies her proposal, seeming slightly taken aback.

"Well-..."
    he starts to speak, jerking slightly as she orders him to speak up, the command seeming to snap him back to attention. "I will come with you,"

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apolinar briefly considers stopping at the arena, but instead takes a right. However, instead of simply changing direction, Apolinar basically has to powerslide due to his total lack of grace or acrobatic skill, or, indeed, actually caring about those two attributes. Screeching through the corner and somehow not killing anyone(again), he leaves a glowing line in the pavement, as well as some of his speed. Despite this, Apolinar was still rather buoyant. Are ya man enough to go through with this, I wonder? he exulted to himself as he kept on going. Truth be told, this was mostly to make Lalita squirm... Apolinar wished that the fraccion's face wasn't a blur right now.
    Truth to be told, Lalita doesn't have much easier time making the sharp turn. To conserve his speed, he leaps of the ground and bounces from a nearby building to correct his course, leaving cracks in both the street and the house. "Imsorrycan'tstopgoodbyyeeee...." he yells as he closes distance with Apolinar... and then jumps over him. There are two, brief crimson flashes that strike against a building ahead, followed by a loud crash as the Fraccion smashes through the weakened wall. He's already long gone by then, but soon loud curses emerge from the damaged apartment. So screwed!

6. - Top - End - #486

Apolinar smashes through the wall with consummate ease, retaining his speed. Not fast enough though, as Lalita was beginning to pull ahead. Another turn, more gently this time, but Apolinar still has to sacrifice some speed to get around. As a rough estimate, the race is 25% done.

Two Arrancar carrying a large plate of glass step out ahead of the two racers, but despite all convention stating that he should stop and curse his misfortune while his rival gets away, Apolinar hasn't seen many classic movies. There is a explosion of glass, and the two Arrancar are left looking bemused and covered in shards.

Once again Apolinar slides around a corner. This time he isn't so lucky. his powerslide ends in a spin that sees him ricochet off of the wall like an armoured grumpy Spanish top, cursing as he regains control. Redoubling his efforts, he tears after the Fraccion. It's unadvisable to get in his way at this point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita feels Apolinar closing and glances over his shoulder to see where his grumpy, armored cruise-missile-of-an-opponent is going. This turns out to be a mistake, as he trips on a sudden elevation on the street and has to throw several high-speed cartwheels to keep going. Unfortunately, a Numeros carrying a fine china vase appears out of the blue, and Lalita crashes against her like a stray wheel. "I'm sorry, I'll pay this back to you!", Lalita chirps, gives the flustered Arrancar a quick kiss on the cheek before she catches on what's happening, and the he's off again, hoping he can pick up his speed before Apolinar catches up with him.

8. - Top - End - #488

There's a u-turn coming up ahead, somehow. Whoever owned this Sector was not big on civic planning, it seemed. As Apolinar ponders this, he realised that maybe he should be turning. As he does so, he realises that he should have been turning about 20 seconds before. His screeching feet trace a line of fire around... and into the building in the side. Lalita will hear crashing and cursing before Apolinar crashes out of the building in front of him, taking the lead...

For about 5 seconds, as he careens along the road like a drunken driver, laying down a trail of accidental fire as he did so. After bouncing around like a metal pinball, he's a bit behind. As a reminder, the race is about halfway about now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita gasps in shock, just barely avoiding being steamrolled by the clumsy Privaron. As he speeds up to gain distance, he does not do it as much to win, as to save his persky hide. Ohmygodhesgonnakillme!, Lalita thinks in panic as he arrives at a cluster of lower buildings, leaping on the roof of the first one - only to find the flimsily build hovel has a bit too much seki-seki in its structures, and crashing through to the floor below, soon after smashing through a window of the same building. Ohmygodtheyregonnakillme!, he thinks as a group of angry Arrancars jump after him, determined to gut the sucker who ruined their home.

One quarter left...

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei yawns, and starts to pick up Jiro to carry him up to the web. "Ahhh... seems it's time for some sleep. You tired?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #491

Hueco Mundo

Today is a great day for the common Arrancar standing against the tyranny of the ruling classes, as the glorious proletariat head after the cursed bourgeosie who wrecked their hom-

The hovel's ground floor exploded, and Arrancar went flying everywhere. Apolinar didn't really know or care what happened to them, instead tearing through the city and eventually arriving back in Sereg's sector. After bulldozing one more innocent Hollow-Burger salesman, he eventually arrived back at the Arena.

...10 years in the future, John Pollard, multimillionaire,finished "... So this Apolinar guy singlehandedly took out the local competition, letting me take over their turf. That, young apprentice, was how I made my first million in the hollow-burger business!"...

Casting around for Lalita, Apolinar's mind is racing. Did I win? The thought fleets into his head as he looks around. "Lalita! You there, or were you talkin' a load of crap back at the gate?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah. Hello there, General, sir", Lalita shouts from the other end of the arena, smiling and bowing deep to Apolinar. "I've been waiting for you. May I inquire what slowed you down on your trip?" He is clearly trying his best not to appear smug... and failing real hard.

"Unfortunately, it looks like I've won. So, did my display impress you? Will you hold onto your part..."

"There he is! He's the one!"

The smile on Lalita's face freezes over and his eyes widen at the voice. Slowly, he turns to glance over his shoulder. One exit of the arena is being swarmed by angry crowd. "He caused all this! Get him! Free hollow-burgers to one who gets him!"

Seems like poor Lalita might have some more running to do...

13. - Top - End - #493

Apolinar steps forward towards the mob. As much as he would like to see Lalita torn to shreds, he kind of had to keep him alive. As well as yknow... maintain order, maybe?

The general is soon next to the Fraccion and addressing the crowd. "You there, the hollow burger salesman. Offer burgers to not attack this man here. You see, I reckon you owe me a favour. I was running alongside this man, and in the process I ran into your competitors. More precisely, I ran through 'em." Apolinar closes his arms and smirks. "Their stands are wrecked, and they've lost a month's worth of stock to boot, if I know them... Which means you have a monopoly on Hollow-Burgers. Catch my drift?"

Turning to the rest of the crowd, he drops his persuasive manner. "I am General Apolinar Rodriguez, Privaron Espada, and this here is Lalita Tandon, a Fraccion. It doesn't matter to who, just think for a second how you get jobs like that... If you stop and think about how much damage we did to you when we were not even trying, well, what do you think will happen when we turn our blades on you?" Apolinar assumes a fighting stance and speaks out of the sides of his mouth at Lalita. "I know you're unaccustomed to it, but try and look tough at least. Oh, and you owe me one for this."
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-06-27 at 05:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Mei yawns, and starts to pick up Jiro to carry him up to the web. "Ahhh... seems it's time for some sleep. You tired?"
    Jiro continued to refuse to look at Mei, not responding to her question either. She obviously wanted him to talk to her, so the best course seemed to be to not say anything.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, once she gets up, she starts snuggling against him as she starts to drift off to sleep...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Jiro just lays there. He was planning on getting out of the bonds once she was asleep (somehow), and escaping the tower (again... somehow.)

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Shock fades from Lalita's face and make room... for a very different feeling, an aura of command and threat. He walks beside Apolinar, facing the crowd, his grey eyes gleaming like the cold sun of a winter morn. "Indeed... you shoud listen to his most honorable of men. Our actions are beyond your kin to judge. You should be grateful we won't slay you where you stand. Go on your ways - there's nothing for you to see here."

The ramshackle Arrancars give doubtful looks at eachother. Lalita's tone is worrying, but sure they could take on one little girl, or boy, or whatever. But facing the armored form of the Privaron doesn't feel too alluring, and it's obvious their enemy isn't going to get far enough from the hulking General for them to safely lynch him. Mumbling under their breaths, the angry crowd abates.

"Ah, seems like our little problem is solved", Lalita chirps, putting his hands behind his back and twisting his upper body to look at Apolinar. "Truly, I must pay you back this service. Now, good General, would you rather follow me to my master's Palacio so you can hear the details, or should I fetch him here...?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-27 at 06:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #498

Apolinar blinks for a few seconds. What I just witnessed, I could not possibly have witnessed. Could I? When could he ever do that? Called back to the land of reality, he nods and speaks. "The Palacio. Haven't been there in a while... I'll go." Apolinar follows Lalita to the Palacio,

((Deadtiming until tomorrow))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Just as Apolinar finished voicing his answer Edward appeared by Lalita's side looking indifferent to what he had watched transpire from afar moments ago. "I was really close to stepping in but it seems you two were able to work something out. Well Lalita, have the arrangements been made?"

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah, Master Edward! I'm honored you grace us by your presence!", Lalita says primly, throwing his hands to his lap as he bows ridiculously deep to the Segunda. "Yes, I believe me and good General here have reached an... agreement. He has promised to help you in your undertaking."

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward began to casually explain things. "Great! Of course, in case you didn't know Apolinar, you'll be participating in the fight as Pico's champion on my behalf. It's possible my friend over here left that part out or only told you at the very end but if so I bet he got you to make a vague enough agreement beforehand. You, whose aspect is honour, wouldn't go back on your word right? Don't worry though, he's not getting anything out of this. I am. He'll only keep what he has. I've ensured you'll get a thrill out of participating because I've got a little something special prepared for you to use."

22. - Top - End - #502
    Halfling in the Playground

Katarina popped out of sonido right in front of Pan and Sereg. She bowed her head, acknowledging both espada. Pan-sama, if you wouldn't mind-and no offense to you, Sereg-sama-could I speak to you in private for a couple of seconds? It's rather important.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

23. - Top - End - #503
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh.. Well if you really have too Katarina.

Pan took a moment to think.

Follow me this way.

Pan made a sign to the Gillian before strolling toward it and disappearing under it's great black cloak.
    Last edited by Free Hand; 2010-06-27 at 08:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #504

Sereg bows slightly before going inside the arena, overseeing the consturction of a solid glass skybox powerful enough to hold all the Espada and more.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

25. - Top - End - #505
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Palacio Tercera]

Talon's eyes twitch momentarily as the wave of paranoia washes over her, however she fights the urge to run like a coward. She stares at the servant for a couple minutes as she considers her situation.

"...whatever."
    ((...Yep.))

[Palacio Octava]

Ruwa shifts, sitting up as the "day" wears on. Wrapping herself back up, she debates her next activity. Mei likely still had Jiro... So, perhaps it was time to get a little exercise.

A short while later, Ruwa leaves the Palacio, strutting the streets with an exaggerated swagger. "Hmmm... I wonder what'sss going on to-day.~<3"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #506
    Halfling in the Playground

Katarina followed him into the shadows. Well, Pan-sama, this isn't easy for me deciding where to begin or what to say, so here goes: some of the espada are involved in a plan to make the privaron espada, Apolinar, who will be Pico-sama's champion for the upcoming grand melee hosted by Genoveva-sama, win. I was contacted by another espada who wished that you help with this plan. They told me that you would be rewarded for your efforts, but rathered that I asked you so you know that I don't think this plan is a wasted effort. Your help, they told me, would be greatly appreciated. Plus, I'm not so sure if you can refuse this, they were very specific in talking about you. I know this is confusing and sudden, and I'm sorry for that. Do you want me to tell you the details of the plan?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #507

By the time the dynamic duo were done explaning, Apolinar had developed a twitch. When he spoke, the words came out in a low, almost-feral growl. "...Pico? You are asking me to fight for him? I don't care who's getting what, but me fighting on that slimeball's behalf!?" Apolinar was in full apoplexy by this point. "That conniving, cheating... What did he get himself into now? Eh? Why do I have to bail him out!? RAAAAH!" The wall he was next to got a decent chunk taken out of it. almost killing a passing Arrancar with fright. However, this seemed to calm Apolinar down. Or maybe he was beyond angry now, hard to tell. "Conniving little roadrunning twerps making me do this too busy perfecting the art of running away to - FINE. I'll do it... But what's this about something for me to use? You should know that I don't do cheating."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    ((...Yep.))

[Palacio Octava]

Ruwa shifts, sitting up as the "day" wears on. Wrapping herself back up, she debates her next activity. Mei likely still had Jiro... So, perhaps it was time to get a little exercise.

A short while later, Ruwa leaves the Palacio, strutting the streets with an exaggerated swagger. "Hmmm... I wonder what'sss going on to-day.~<3"
    Ruwa may get a partial answer to this question.

Because right about this time, Vicente runs by at high speed. The poor fellow hasn't been successful yet, so he's still clad in just a loincloth (one that's very securely fastened). The brief glimpse she gets would reveal that as far as he's concerned, he might as well be decked out in his normal attire.

'Note to self: Never follow Alejandro again. Unless ordered to do so by him or the Ghost King.' he thinks angrily to himself.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward was happy to see there weren't any significant objections. "Don't worry. There's no cheating involved. The rules for the event are just really open ended. I don't doubt your abilities but I want to make sure you win so I asked Pan through his fracción to possess you while you fight. You stay in control of your body while he gets to enjoy riding along inside you with the best seat in the house. You get to have fun obliterating your opponents with some ridiculous raw power. The rules say an Espada can't fight for you but he won't be. Together you'll be one person and since you're technically doing all the work it's alright. You're a Privaron, not one of us ten. At least not right now. So it's all good. Tark's going to be participating and he's a pretty beefy guy. It wouldn't be very satisfying if he could just absorb everything you threw at him right? Besides, I'm sure others will try to do whatever it takes to get an advantage. And think of it this way, Pico's going to be indebted to all three of us. Doesn't that sound swell? I know you think I'm some sniveling little pantywaist, but hey, isn't him owing such a person gratitude amusing?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-28 at 12:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita is quickly losing interested in the situation as Edward explains details of his plan. As far as he knows, his part is done - and he doesn't want to be near the grumpy General any longer than necessary. I think I'll return to spying on sweet miss Bello, he thinks kicking up some dust with his boots. Maybe I'll nick a fruit or two as I go back to my lookout.