New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "Do you simply prefer a weapon besides your own power's blade, or are you a fan of backup weapons?"

Vicente stood about a dozen feet behind and to the left (roughly Roux's 8'oclock), as if he'd been there forever. He hadn't visually hidden his approach, but he couldn't stop how silent he was, or how absorbed in his task Roux was.

"Tell me. Do you plan to only ever sharpen that weapon...Or would you like a reason to use it?"
    There is a blur, and suddenly Roux is working on another crystal shard. The first is embedded in the wall behind Vincente, just to the right of the Fraccion's head. A wisp of Vincente's hair drifts away.

"The balance is fine... good."

For a moment, Roux says nothing else, but suddenly, he responds to the Fraccion's questions.

"I prefer not to throw my own blade away during a fight. Makes recovering it a pain. And if you're suggesting a reason to use this weapon, I assume you have a proposal. Spit it out."

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    There is a blur, and suddenly Roux is working on another crystal shard. The first is embedded in the wall behind Vincente, just to the right of the Fraccion's head. A wisp of Vincente's hair drifts away.

"The balance is fine... good."

For a moment, Roux says nothing else, but suddenly, he responds to the Fraccion's questions.

"I prefer not to throw my own blade away during a fight. Makes recovering it a pain. And if you're suggesting a reason to use this weapon, I assume you have a proposal. Spit it out."
    Vicente didn't even flinch.

"There is a tournament tomorrow. A Grand Melee, in fact. The Espada all seek champions from among the Numeros. I come from the Cuarta Espada, seeking a champion to fight under his name. Do you accept the offer?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Vicente didn't even flinch.

"There is a tournament tomorrow. A Grand Melee, in fact. The Espada all seek champions from among the Numeros. I come from the Cuarta Espada, seeking a champion to fight under his name. Do you accept the offer?"
    Roux continues working on another crystal shard.

"Depends. What's the catch, and what do I get out of it?"

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Roux continues working on another crystal shard.

"Depends. What's the catch, and what do I get out of it?"
    Vicente thinks for several moments.

"The "catch" would be the fact that I'm not totally sure who your opponents might be. According to the rules, only Espada and their Fraccion are forbidden from fighting; that means one or more of the Privaron might end up fighting. It's not strictly "to the death", but I don't believe that's against the rules, either."

He pauses a moment, seemingly considering his next move.

"What would you like to get out of it?"

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Edward knelt down and peered up at Amada as she sat. "How could I not harbour such feelings for you? The moment I saw you I was caught hook, line and sinker. That elegant flowing hair, your fluid movements and that deep liquid sea green eye. I feel like I could drown in it. It's as perfect as a pearl. You're absolutely gorgeous. I just can't help but get all bubbly and shower you with praise. With looks like yours the world is your oyster. The fact that you've reeled me in without even knowing it is proof." He was utterly enthralled by her.
    Pico's Palacio

One hand lifts to press to Amada's forehead, feeling for the tumor she imagines has to be there, clearing her throat out as she tries to formulate thoughts in the turbulent thoughts pounding through her head.

"I get the entirely un-nerving feeling that this is not the first time that you've said such honeyed words to a woman, though for the for the life of me I'd swear I won't be the last either." she grumbles aloud dazedly, still muing on the whole thing as she tries to puzzle it out the real reason that Edward was here, not the one he extolling to her.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

"My words are only honeyed because their subject is so sweet. Truly you are the bee's knees to me. Seeing you gives me quite a buzz. You're right though. You're not the only woman I've said such nice things to. There are others that I love, but it doesn't change the fact that I love you. I haven't come here to trick you or Pico into anything. I just wanted to let you know how I feel. I'm trying to help your master entirely for your sake. I have no other motives, except to perhaps make you feel for me as I do for you." Edward gave Amada a sorrowful sympathetic look. "Please believe me, I'm not trying to hurt or confuse you. It pains me to see you so distraught."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-02 at 02:28 PM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Vicente thinks for several moments.

"The "catch" would be the fact that I'm not totally sure who your opponents might be. According to the rules, only Espada and their Fraccion are forbidden from fighting; that means one or more of the Privaron might end up fighting. It's not strictly "to the death", but I don't believe that's against the rules, either."

He pauses a moment, seemingly considering his next move.

"What would you like to get out of it?"
    "Hmm."

The Numero continues working on crystal throwing shards for a couple of minutes before replying, obviously thinking about it.

"I want a reiatsu-suppressing gigai and the clearance to head to the Mortal World for non-aggressive reasons. I'm reasonable, so I'll allow plenty enough time for them to be acquired. If you can't offer me that, I'm out."

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Hmm."

The Numero continues working on crystal throwing shards for a couple of minutes before replying, obviously thinking about it.

"I want a reiatsu-suppressing gigai and the clearance to head to the Mortal World for non-aggressive reasons. I'm reasonable, so I'll allow plenty enough time for them to be acquired. If you can't offer me that, I'm out."
    Vicente stood silent for a moment.

"I am only a Fraccion, so I can give only tentative agreement. But, I think it quite possible my master would agree with those terms. I think I can provide you a high-quality gigai. Would you like to go back to the Palacio Cuarta to discuss this further?"

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Roux weighs the latest crystal shard in his hand, and goes to recover the one embedded in the wall.

"That is acceptable for now. Yes, let's go, Fraccion whose name I don't know."

((OOC: And now to deadtime.))

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Roux weighs the latest crystal shard in his hand, and goes to recover the one embedded in the wall.

"That is acceptable for now. Yes, let's go, Fraccion whose name I don't know."

((OOC: And now to deadtime.))
    Vicente bows lightly.

"Vicent Ortiz. And your name is?"

Vicente turns to leave, obviously waiting for Roux to follow.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am Garoux Lobosolo, Numero #12."

As he speaks, he dumps the crystal shards and what's left of the crystal tree limb into a leather satchel that he then proceeds to sling over his shoulder.

"Lead on, Ortiz."

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I am Garoux Lobosolo, Numero #12."

As he speaks, he dumps the crystal shards and what's left of the crystal tree limb into a leather satchel that he then proceeds to sling over his shoulder.

"Lead on, Ortiz."
    Vicente smiles slightly, though it's not really directed at Garoux.

"Right then."

With that, Vicente takes off, jogging at first, then occasionally throwing a Sonido into the mix. Despite that, he works to make sure Garoux is able to keep up without expending too much energy.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Katarina nodded. Whatever you say. However, I've absolutely no idea where he is now.
    Pan glanced at Katarina one last time before stepping over to one of the Gillian legs. With one hand he reaches out and taps on it several times. After a great deal of shuffling above in short time, It's legs buckle and one of the gillian's hands descends. Pan hops on and motions for Katarina to do the same. They would be taken up higher though increasingly stifling surroundings until popping out of one of the Gillian's presumable sleeves. Held up by Mr. Canary's ear? Pan reiterates alittle to it before finally naming a destination.

Canary-san, could you please take us to Segunda Palacio?

Pan points in it's direction and Mr. Canary starts off. Perhaps it's the way Pan stressed it to the gillian or maybe it felt something of his inner anxiety, but unlike before the gillian took to the sky. Carefully clutching it's wards to itself, the gillian clawed and crawled speedily through the air toward the Segunda domain.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

Vicente smiles slightly, though it's not really directed at Garoux.

"Right then."

With that, Vicente takes off, jogging at first, then occasionally throwing a Sonido into the mix. Despite that, he works to make sure Garoux is able to keep up without expending too much energy.
    Roux keeps up without much in the way of trouble. The his sonidos don't quite match up to Vincente's, but his running is ceaseless. He doesn't even begin to look tired, and frankly looks like he's holding back so that the Fraccion doesn't push himself into fatigue.

"Your test is worthless. It is impossible for me to become tired through my own actions, Ortiz."

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Roux keeps up without much in the way of trouble. The his sonidos don't quite match up to Vincente's, but his running is ceaseless. He doesn't even begin to look tired, and frankly looks like he's holding back so that the Fraccion doesn't push himself into fatigue.

"Your test is worthless. It is impossible for me to become tired through my own actions, Ortiz."
    Vicente turns to look back at Garoux, then returns his attention to his path as he speaks.

"Then it is indeed fortunate that I am not seeking to conduct a test just now. I am merely moving towards our destination with the most efficient speed for myself. If you had had issues keeping up, I would have slowed until we reached your maximum efficient speed. I believe Sir Alejandro will have more specific tests in mind."

Even now, they are drawing close to the entrance for the Palacio Cuarta. Vicente is delighted on this inside; he will finally be able to again dress in something more fitting one of his stature.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Canguro

Through the Segunda's palacia an arrancar made many short sonido's through the halls, stopping for a second or two to look at the various dancers, singers, musicians, storytellers, and others that made the palicia their home before disappearing with a static boom before shortly appearing nearby, sometimes even a few feet away from her previous destination, distracted by something else, the tailors, a painting, statues, one time she even appeared with a few leaves sticking out of her mouth from an artificial plant made to live off mostly reishi decorating the halls.

The arrancar was female, with dark skin and light blond hair resting an inch or so above her shoulders, wearing mostly white, with a mask shaped like a circlet and a pair of animal ears on top of her head. She had no weapons save for a set of bladed greaves and bracers. A white courier's bag was on her shoulder

Even though the sounds of the rapid sonido would be a little annoying every second or so, the sound seemed to keep a metronome a steady beat of 50 beats per minute

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

"My words are only honeyed because their subject is so sweet. Truly you are the bee's knees to me. Seeing you gives me quite a buzz. You're right though. You're not the only woman I've said such nice things to. There are others that I love, but it doesn't change the fact that I love you. I haven't come here to trick you or Pico into anything. I just wanted to let you know how I feel. I'm trying to help your master entirely for your sake. I have no other motives, except to perhaps make you feel for me as I do for you." Edward gave Amada a sorrowful sympathetic look. "Please believe me, I'm not trying to hurt or confuse you. It pains me to see you so distraught."
    Pico's Palacio

Quit making me distressed then!

The flurry of puns, and Amada does recognize them as such, catches her unaware and for a long time she merely sits in her seat looking forward with a dumb-founded expression on her face. What else could she do? It was all coming too quickly for her to process! But, as her mind ticked along, she eventually comes upon a solution all her own..

"Well...sorry Edward-san this is..just a lot to take in is all. I wasn't exactly expecting someone to confess feelings to me and a plot to save Pico-sama's reputation at the same time." she says weakly, wetting her lips for a moment, "I'm...not entirely certain how to respond."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

"How about favourably?" said Edward enthusiastically. He wasn't the slightest bit deterred by her hesitation. "I guess I went a little overboard throwing all this at you at once. I didn't mean to put you under pressure. If you can't decide how to answer right away why don't we just try to be each other's chum or mate for now? I believe we'll get along swimmingly and have a whale of a time as long as you don't clam up on me. I know you're still apprehensive but I assure you that I'd never get crabby and snap at you like the other Espada. I never intentionally hurt those I love."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-04 at 07:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

[Segunda's sector]

Lalita lowers his binoculars and crawls to the edge of the Palacio's as he hears the rhytmic beat of Canguro's sonido. Hmmm? What's this?, he thinks, hanging upside-down from the edge of the roof to peek through one of the Palacio's windows, to see what's going on inside. He catches a glimpse of Canguro happily eating part of the decoration, before she vanishes again.

Is that the odd courier girl?
    , he wonders. Who on earth is she looking for? She looks quite lost. Maybe Master Edward had called her here? It'd be just like him. Quietly, the Fraccion slips inside, silently sliding to the floor along the interior wall. Next time Canguro is distracted by something, he'll sneak behind her and tap her on the shoulder.

"Hello, Miss. May I help you?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #560

DrowGirl

When tapped on the shoulder Canguro vanished with another sonido. She reappeared a few feet away from Lalita and in front of him, standing on one leg, the other raised and fist up in front of herself, looking as if she was going to kick. She blinked, freezing in that position as she stared at Lalita, a particularly large leaf hanging out of her mouth.

The courier girl's head slowly cocked to the side and started to chew on the leave as the wondered whether the arrancar in front of her was really male or not, not answering him. Canguro slowly lowered her leg lowered, folding her arms and looking contemplative, eyes drifting down at his clothes up to the circlet-like mask remains. After a moment she suddenly removed the lead from her mouth and held out her other hand, giving Lalita a sudden thumbs up "Yosh!"

After that she went to her courier's bag to rifle through it without explaining what that was about "I have a few messages, but I don't get many deliveries to this sector, so I don't really know who these people are."

((OOC: Lalita, Canguro approved ))

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

"How about favourably?" said Edward enthusiastically. He wasn't the slightest bit deterred by her hesitation. "I guess I went a little overboard throwing all this at you at once. I didn't mean to put you under pressure. If you can't decide how to answer right away why don't we just try to be each other's chum or mate for now? I believe we'll get along swimmingly and have a whale of a time as long as you don't clam up on me. I know you're still apprehensive but I assure you that I'd never get crabby and snap at you like the other Espada. I never intentionally hurt those I love."
    "Yeah..alright. Friends is just fine for the moment." Amada says a bit sheepishly, cheeks flushing a bit under the strain of everything being thrown at her.

"Well..do you want me to go wake up Pico-sama or is that all you've come here for?" the petite fraccion says a bit meekishly.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-07-06 at 12:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward straightened himself. "No need to wake him. By the way, if you ever get tired of him you could always become my fracción. You wouldn't be expected to do anything as such and you'd have servants to tend to all your needs. Plus, no offense, but my area is a heck of a lot nicer than this place. Well, I guess I'll be going. Feel free to stop by whenever you wish and stay as long as you like." He paused a moment. "Oh, and if you ever get a bit lonely, we could always be friends with benefits." Edward gave her a quick wink after that last remark. He then bowed before vanishing in a blur of sonido. Off to his palacio he went.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-06 at 12:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

[Segunda's Palacio]

Lalita smiles serenely as Canguro scans him, doing his best to look pretty. He nods as she tells her purpose. "Oh, I think you can trust me on that. I know this place as well as my pockets, so you can just give those messages to me, and I'll take them to the right people."

Of course, with the expection of Segunda himself, trusting Lalita with anything is mostly considered a joke among locals, and bad one at that. But Canguro might not know that, and Lalita sure does look dependable as he stands there, his smile completely honest and without ill will. "Well, Miss?"

((Lalita Tandon: In ur castle, swiping ur mail.))

24. - Top - End - #564

DrowGirl

"Sorry, can't do that. Not so young that I'll shirk my job... well I am, but that's not the point." Almost immediately she dismissed the thought, putting the letters back in her bag, seemingly unaware that she was talking to a Fraccion

"I didn't find anyone that'd time my deliveries again, so I'm not under any pressure to get them done as fast as I usually do. Still, I gotta deliver them myself, maybe just ask around." Canguro said cheerfully, taking a look around as she started to bounce on the balls of her feet
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2010-07-06 at 03:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, if you insist, Miss", Lalita cirps, putting his hands behind his back. "I can just show you the way around, then. Just tell me who a messages are to, and I'll take you to them. If you are in no hurry, I can even show you some of more interesting sights during our trip."

"However, I must kindly ask you to stop eating our decorations, Miss. Old Lady Fu took months to breed those hapless plants, and I think she might be quite miffed if she'd had to start the process all over again."

26. - Top - End - #566
    Pixie in the Playground

[Segunda's Palacio]

When Pan finally arrived at the Segunda palacio, two more of his companions had joined him. The agitated journey of Mr. Canary had attracted another onlooking Gillian, while a third of their kind had appeared from the torn rift of a garganta where Canary had landed. The now fivesome had settled in one of Edward's sprawling gardens, the Gillian Mr. Canary stood over an area previously dominated by an exquisite fountain. As the gentle gurgling continued to emit from the cloaked from one could assume the fountain remained unharmed. The two other notably shorter Gillians had taken up places to either side of the first. At this point Pan dropped from Mr. Canary's hand to land between three of them. After a lengthly moment of doing nothing, Pan fell backward to the ground and contented himself in staring up at the gaunt masked faces that clouded together, masks that similarly looked back down at him expectantly. He lay there until his activity was interrupted by one who'd intrude between the large trio..

((*on the assumtion that Moon is now well and away from the playground*))
    Katarina herself looked down at Pan's diminutive figure from the extended hand of the Gillian. From here she had a clear view over the other Gillians and used to to scan the wider area before returning her gaze again to Pan.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward spotted Pan and went to meet him in his standard friendly fashion. "What a semi-surprise it is to see you here. I assume Katarina has told you about my plan to help Pico. Have you come here because you are dissatisfied with part of it? Perhaps I can better explain it if there has been some sort of misunderstanding." He stood before him seemingly happy despite sensing something had likely gone wrong. Whatever the case he thought it was best to keep a stiff upper lip and calmly iron out any problems.

28. - Top - End - #568

DrowGirl

"That'd be awesome." Canguro grinned, pulling out one of the letters to read the first name. She blinked as he told her about the plants, looking to the leaf in her other hand.

"Oh! Sorry 'bout that. I was curious, heard the plants absorbed reishi." She quickly stuffed the leaf into her mouth before reading the letter, waiting until she finished eating the leaf before opening her mouth

"Okay... first one is someone named Bailarina..." she read the name aloud.

((OOC: Im just making up names of people, not sure if I should use names of other characters >,>. The name is Spanish for dancer))

29. - Top - End - #569

Fortunato's Palacio

At the top room of his towering Palacio, Fortunato is deep in concentration. He is sitting in one of the room's simple chairs, fingers interlaced in front of his face, staring out one of the windows. He has been silent and unmoving for almost an hour. Apparently coming to a conclusion, he separates his hands and stands, pushing the chair back and turning his back to the window. He walks over to the central table and takes a seat. Motioning to an attendant, he orders a sheaf of paper to be brought to him.

When it arrives, he begins penning a series of notes, writing with a quick, steady hand. Each sheet is filled quickly, and at the end he gathers them together and knocks them against the table a few times to superflously neaten the pile. He looks around.

"Azmus?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Jadakiss
    Guest in the Playground

[Septima Arena] Landa~Ora enters in through the massive double doors, and strolls up to Sereg. Greeting him with a cute smile she remarks, "The catering is arranged for tomorrow. How is the construction coming along?"