New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

"Hmm? No, just occupying myself. Figure if you're dressed like that, someone wants you to be seen like that. Given how uncomfortable you are... well. Who should I thank?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "Hmm? No, just occupying myself. Figure if you're dressed like that, someone wants you to be seen like that. Given how uncomfortable you are... well. Who should I thank?"
    Vicente closed his eyes an sighed.

"Sir Aléjandro Mendez, the Cuarta Espada. This is...punishment. I was shadowing him without his knowledge. In my mind, it was meant as a test, perhaps a game, for both of us. Sir Alejandro did not interpret it in this manner. And here I am."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ettin in the Playground

Arcelia's Palacio

"Eh? Tis dat de reason fer all de commotion?" Genoveva says, a bit exasperated at that, before giving a slight chuckle as her backwards walk begins to carry her towards the door and beyond. Not that she bothered to turn around either, continuing the backwards walk until it carries her to the entrance hall where Mei and Vincente were waiting.

...And right past them, thought not too far before the backpedaling Primera pauses in place though she doesn't stop walking either, hands stuffed into her pockets.

"Ya both wanted to chit-chat? Ya wanna follow along or 'and about in here?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Arcelia's Palacio

Vicente stood a little straighter.

"Primera, I merely bear a message. If possible, I would like to relay it here and now, and be on my way."

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

"And I wanted to deliver my message myself. I could come along, though."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-07-10 at 12:40 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

Arcelia's Palacio

Vincente can feel the Primera eying his loincloth, not with interest like Mei had, but something akin to malicious mischief. Her fingers twitch obviously inside of her pockets as a grin begins to grow wider and wider on her face once more. He'd likely get a sense of impending doom, humiliation, or de-clothing as her attention fixates for a moment before reluctantly seems to be pulled away.

"Eh? 'hat eva happened to da written word? No hand-written sentiment and all that shat? Will spit it out then furball." Genoveva says with a hint of growing boredom in her tone, boredom that could very well end poorly depending on how long it was allowed to run rampant. Even as a lazy 'eye' was turned on Mei as well, "You too? Goodness, the sheila's back must've gone croc on ya to see ya about the city!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei gives her a smile. "I do like to give the other Espada the respect to give them messages by word of mouth, and since my Fraccion were out... I'll let Vincente deliver his message first. No doubt he wants to get covered up, although it is a shame..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Arcelia's Palacio

Vincente can feel the Primera eying his loincloth, not with interest like Mei had, but something akin to malicious mischief. Her fingers twitch obviously inside of her pockets as a grin begins to grow wider and wider on her face once more. He'd likely get a sense of impending doom, humiliation, or de-clothing as her attention fixates for a moment before reluctantly seems to be pulled away.

"Eh? 'hat eva happened to da written word? No hand-written sentiment and all that shat? Will spit it out then furball." Genoveva says with a hint of growing boredom in her tone, boredom that could very well end poorly depending on how long it was allowed to run rampant. Even as a lazy 'eye' was turned on Mei as well, "You too? Goodness, the sheila's back must've gone croc on ya to see ya about the city!"
    Vicente simply stood there, trying to keep his last shreds of dignity intact.

"My master, Sir Aléjandro Mendez, the Cuarta Espada specifically wished for me to inform that he had found a champion to compete in tomorrow's event."

With that delivery complete, Vicente respectfully bowed to the two lady Espada, before beginning to exit the building.

While giving both a wide berth.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkai View Post
    "Oh... damn." Canguro followed after Lalita as they walked around the garden-house, looking around at the many plants as she placed the letter back in her courier bag.

"I usually don't stick around for small-talk during a delivery, anything interesting news going around?" She asked curiously, occasionally using sonido to zoom over to a plant to get a closer look.

"Well, our lords, the Espadas, are holding a tournament. I believe good master Segunda is out seeking a champion for himself."
    Lalita plucks a rather beautiful (or delicious - can't really say of Canguro) pink rose from a nearby bush and hands it to Canguro. "Are you interested in such violent escapades?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Arcelia's Palacio

The Primera watches dispassionately as Vincente takes his leave, head swiveling about like it's on top to keep the Fraccion within sight for as long as possible.

"'hat kinda head sickness got into Alejando's melon to think I need the tippy-time on 'is every walkabout?" Genoveva muses aloud, shaking her head a bit before turning about to look at Mei once more. One eyebrow arches as the Primera considers the Octava.

"And what wombat is stuck in yer chimney?"

11. - Top - End - #641
    Orc in the Playground

[Palacio Tercera]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    The windows are not made to be opened, though there are a few. There is, however, a small exit to the outside located in the quarters designated as hers.
    Talon growls a bit and makes her way for the exit, approaching warily in case it's a trap.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Palacio Tercera]

Talon growls a bit and makes her way for the exit, approaching warily in case it's a trap.
    Talon will easily be able to make it outside and into Arcelia's domain (and beyond) without encountering a trap, anything suspicious, or being seen, at least by any of Arcelia's machinations.

Arcelia would make a point of not trapping her guest quarters, except that would imply that trapping guest quarters is something done in the first place, which it is not. So instead, her guest quarters are just not trapped.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

"I haven't been able to find a suitable champion for the arena..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

"Eh? So what's 'hat gat to do with me?" Genoveva says, arching an eyebrow in confusion as she appraises the Octava, kinda like how a lion appraises a gazelle.

"C'mon, ya didn't walkabout all de way out here just ta tell me 'Ah can't find someone'! What's really stuffin' yer tail pope?"

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well... I wanted to apologise in person for not taking part, given that you went to the trouble of inviting all of us."

If Genoveva heads back towards her Sector, Mei will accompany her.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Genoveva

Genoveva did indeed began to walk backwards in the general direction of her own Palacio, but at a rather slow pace.

"Aye, an' what's de problem? Nuthin' keepin' ya from showing up anyway." Genoveva points out as she moves, instead she pauses (still walking), and shrugs, "Maybe ya shoulda spent more time lookin' then playing with yer new boy-toy..."

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

"...I suppose so. Anything I can do to apologise properly?"

...Mei has no idea what she's getting herself into, does she?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

The Primera actually pauses this time, not just stop walking but stopping period as her eyes appraise the Octava.

"Oh yeah...? Maybe Ah want 'im. 'ow 'bout that?"

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Shinigami? That is one request I cannot acquiesce to. Lord Von Geister gave him to me to attempt to break in my own way.

...something I can do, personally."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

After dispelling whatever fears Pan had about his intended arrangements and reaching a suitable agreement with him Edward went to visit Arcelia. He waltzed on into the entrance hall and waited to meet her fracción.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

Lia is elsewhere, it seems, but Arcelia herself is sitting next to the throne at the end of the hall, reading over a few sheets of paper before her. She doesn't acknowledge Edward yet, possibly waiting for him to say something first. Or maybe she's uncertain if anyone coming into her palace besides Genoveva actually wants to talk to her.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

"Well, our lords, the Espadas, are holding a tournament. I believe good master Segunda is out seeking a champion for himself."
    Lalita plucks a rather beautiful (or delicious - can't really say of Canguro) pink rose from a nearby bush and hands it to Canguro. "Are you interested in such violent escapades?"

"A tournament?"
    Canguro blinked, taking the rose as she listened to him, looking up at him with a fanged grin as she put the rose away in her bag. Something much more interesting just came up.

"Hell yeah I'd be interested in something like that!" small arcs of energy flickered between the blades on her greaves for a moment as she hopped in place, hands raised and looking like she was going to start shadow-boxing.
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2010-07-10 at 05:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward scoots on over to Arcelia wearing his patented smile. He doesn't mind being ignored. "You're looking devilishly divine as always. How's it going?" He stands about two feet in front of her.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-10 at 06:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

[Segunda's Palacio]

"Is that so, Miss?", Lalita says, a devilish glint passing through his eyes. "If I have piqued your interest, I hope you'll wait with me for Master Segunda's return? He might be interested in hearing your offer. He'll be delighted to see such a pretty lade, in a any case. Should we conclude our walk, or can the mail wait?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

"An interesting choice of words, Edward."
    Her tone implies that 'interesting' should be taken as 'please don't say that again.'
    "Not only do you complement me in an almost contradictory manner, but you shift from an attempt at eloquence to speaking casually between two sentences. It's as if you don't understand what you're saying at all."
    Arcelia smirks a little, still reading over the papers as she speaks to him.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward shrugged. "Well hey, I can't help it. When I'm around you my heart flutters and my spirit soars, making it difficult to come up with words as grand as yours. Even if I could think straight, I find myself hard-pressed trying to find pretty things to match the beauty of one with angel's wings."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-10 at 06:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

"I suggest trying a villanelle."
    Arcelia says, setting aside the papers and folding her hands in her lap, watching Edward without much interest so far.
    "That is, if you wish to attempt poetry."

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward let out a little silly sigh. "Geez, what have I gotten myself into? Let's get something out of the way right now. We both know I'm hopelessly in love with you and you're beyond flattery. Of course anything positive I say about you is fact, not flattery, but you know what I mean. I'm not here to sing your praises in an attempt to win you over. I simply find it hard not to do so anyway. I just stopped by to see if you'd like some company. Y'know, someone to talk to. Heck, I don't mind if we sit in silence, I get plenty of satisfaction just by being in your presence."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-10 at 08:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Segunda's Palacio]

"Is that so, Miss?", Lalita says, a devilish glint passing through his eyes. "If I have piqued your interest, I hope you'll wait with me for Master Segunda's return? He might be interested in hearing your offer. He'll be delighted to see such a pretty lade, in a any case. Should we conclude our walk, or can the mail wait?"
    "Well... I've never seen an espada up close before, and it'll be a legitimate excuse for taking so long on my deliveries. If anyone would belive it." Canguro cocked her head to the side as she thought about it. She smirked up at him as he complimented her, but didn't respond as she disappeared with a static boom, reappearing next to a bush in the garden, crouching down in front of it.

"Are their any rules to the tournament? Or are they still coming up with them?"
    She asked as she pulled a leaf from the bush.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Edward let out a little silly sigh. "Geez, what have I gotten myself into? Let's get something out of the way right now. We both know I'm hopelessly in love with you and you're beyond flattery. Of course anything positive I say about you is fact, not flattery, but you know what I mean. I'm not here to sing your praises in an attempt to win you over. I simply find it hard not to do so anyway. I just stopped by to see if you'd like some company. Y'know, someone to talk to. Heck, I don't mind if we sit in silence, I get plenty of satisfaction just by being in your presence."
    Arcelia's Palace

"To say I am beyond flattery is an unfortunate misconception."
    Arcelia says delicately, giving Edward a polite and empty smile.
    "It's just that your flattery has yet to impress me. I would suggest that you need practice, but I understand that this is something you do regularly; perhaps you only need to realize that you're not nearly as skilled as you should hope to be."

She leans back into her chair, raising an eyebrow.
    "Did you ever consider that others might fall for you simply because you're Segunda? I hear that lesser women are notorious for falling for a man with power and rank; it's possible that's all that they really see in you. That, and a chance to manipulate you."

The espada rises gracefully from her seat and gives a somewhat resigned gesture for Edward to follow. At a languid pace she will lead him through the palace, though if they have a destination it isn't obvious.
    "You know, if you had created a more elaborate poem on the spot, you might have actually impressed me."