New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside 15-There used to be a silly pun here, but it wouldn't fit

Slave Market
    Hey, look, an exit! Jack pays attention to Gordon's dying words, finding that is usually the best idea with allies.

Suddenly, he'll break away from Brianna, blurring towards Nephrim unless the ragey Exalted tries to trip him up somehow. This battle was a losing one anyway.

He'll shout at Nephrim, "You! I'm with AMEN! We need to leave now! There's far too many to defeat here!"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-06-25 at 11:27 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #302
    Banned

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside 15-There used to be a silly pun here, but it wouldn't fit

[Slave Market]

Anshu moves over to Gordon's body, intending to burn it and speed his soul onto the proper metaphysical destination. "Cerise, go see if any of the slaves hurt by your spell can be saved. I'll be along soon, and then we'll put these slavers out of business."

Cerise nods and moves off to the cages, moving at a long loping pace as she shifts into a cheetah on the way.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, the body can be burned, but the soul is already gone. (To a clone body, but they don't know that.) Of course, if he chooses to burn it, all the bullets on him will explode, and Gordon was carrying a number of guns.

(And now comes the part where I have to ask Earl of Purple, and the other people if its okay to use a superweapon on the slave market.)

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

((Quinn's still waiting for an answer to her challenge, and I need to poke Hyozo to do something with Holly (like have her find Quinn to help her escape) However, the only objection Quinn would have after that, would be not being able to do the deed herself. ))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

Slave Market

Quinn's challenge, unfortunately for her, goes unanswered. The slavers (all gnomes) are either dead, dying, or collecting as much money, treasure and valuables they can carry and then running off. The slaves, meanwhile, are either catagorised under 'valuables' and following gnomes, escaping on their own, or they're stuck in cages/chains and currently unable to escape.

Dam'Bul is hit by Tamesis' hand-blast and is hurled back off the roof. When he lands, his body starts melting into a puddle of liquid, which itself soon evaporates, as his corporeal remains return to the Abyss to meet with the rest of him. Unfortunately, he's not dead; at least, not permanently.

Nephrim, if she hears Jack, is ignoring him. She does, however, swoop around and picks up her rucksack before flying off in the direction opposite GLoG. The fact she's cut her losses and run implies that she did hear Gordon, so probably heard Jack. She'd collect Dam'Bul before she left, but he was just banished by receiving more damage than his body could withstand. People with good vision may note that Nephrim's course changes when she believes herself out of sight, and she swerves around and skirts the Slave Market at the same distance, only heading towards GLoG. If anybody can see her, she's likely a speck, too far away to be sure that it's Nephrim and not a bird or something.

Some of the slaves at the edges of the spell are still alive. All the slaves beyond that point have either escaped, been taken by fleeing slavers or buyers, or are still stuck. There's slaves of many species, but few slaves over forty-five, or the equivalent. There's also a lot of chests lying around, some locked, others open. Most of the slaves within the obsidian butterfly spell's range are either dead or beyond saving. Unless there's some slaves in the few house-wagons still standing.

Interior, Bronze Pyramid

"Purplanium? It's a soft, purple metal mined by a race of beings called the Masstakran. It is not found in ores, and we have not encountered it anywhere else." Gromril is a strong, tough metal used by the Dwarfs of the Old World (Warhammer). Mithril has several samples; one is similar to Gromril, also mined by Dwarves, and this sample was mined from a place called 'Moria'; another sample is from Abeir-Toril of Faerun; the two metals are similar, but different enough to have a sample of each. Adamantium, meanwhile, is a greenish, strong metal; the sample here was mined by gnomes and smelted by dwarves again. There's also, as mentioned before, Uranium, Caesium, and many other radioactive metals. Not everything here is an element; some are compounds. Some of the cubes are organic; there's cubes of bone, ivory, horn, amber, wood (including oak, redwood, vallenwood, mallorn and treant), resin, dasl, paper, chitin, and others. How some of these substances were measured into cubic feet and remain completely solid is beyond me.

((EDIT: I don't have a problem with a superweapon; all my PCs are dead/escaped, and I don't care what happens to the rest))
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2010-06-25 at 12:35 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Halfling in the Playground

Slave Market

((Since I'm currently playing for Team Evil, and Jack will just 'port out of danger whether Nephrim and Requiem are with him or not, I don't mind a superweapon.))

Jack watches Nephrim escape. Well, that just makes things easier for him.

So Jack simply escapes into the Yellow Road, seemingly disappearing into thin air. Back to AMEN!

Bronze Pyramid: Room of Solids

B-27 recognizes a good number of the metals, such as the mythril and most Earth-related materials.

He shakes his head. "This is... hm. I could spend the rest of my life in this museum, if Command bid it. But I must see the Room of Experimental and Unexplained Technologies. For my cause." If that's what the room was called. I don't quite remember.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Maybe wait for Bushranger/Hyozo to do something before it's used, unless they agree to it.))

Slave Market

Finally, the beast finds a suitible victim!

Well, victims. He runs past the Exalted, over to some of the injured slaves and dying slavers, and prospective owners who can't flee quick enough. Opening his maw, he starts devouring them.

Fortunately, his saliva creates a hallucinogen that makes the devourees not understand what's happening to them. Unfortunately, it also binds their spirit to their body, so their spirit gets messily devoured as well. (Sad! )
    Last edited by Je dit Viola; 2010-06-25 at 12:59 PM.
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn, her challenge unanswered, spins around, glaring - then points her sword at a slave cage containing trapped prisoners.

Specifically, at the lock...

A green bolt of energy flies from her sword - well, from her hand on the hilt, coalescing around the blade before flying at the lock, to blow it off...

And she keeps doing this, even as she spots Holly from the corner of her eye.

"Holly! Come here!" she shouts, holding her free hand out for the other girl to take as she keeps blasting locks...

((I'm thinking perhaps they teleport/dimension door out just as the weapon goes off. ))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #309

((Ooh, that's perfect. Timing it will be the tricky part, though.))
    (So, that's a Go Go Superweapon!)

Slave Market

Some Many of the recently freed slaves fall victim to the shadow beast. After all, fast food is pretty good, and there's no doubt the prisoners fleeing are running very fast.

They get messily devoured, as well. (Little point in going into detail, though.)

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

As Jack teleports away... Brianna drops to her knees. "Well."

She goes to release any other slaves left!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

Slave Market

The market is a large place, only a small portion (about a seventh) of the market faced Cerise's wrath; therefore there's lots of slaves beyond the edge of the spell which were unaffected. Also fortunately, most of the slavers started fleeing as soon as the helicopter appeared and fired the net. Whilst this means that they aren't present to face the wrath of the heroes, they also took the guards with them; those guards abandoned here ran off after the slavers. The heroes may also discover large chests, some opened and plundered by escaping slavers, others still locked, and even some unlocked yet untouched by the fleeing gnomes or escaped slaves.

Since the market is large and rambling, it will require exploration to discover where slaves remain. It is easy to identify slaves from non-slaves; slaves are branded with an 'S' shape on their shoulderblade.

Interior; Bronze Pyramid

((Don't worry; I'm not entirely sure what the room is called))

"Yes, we are undoubtedly lucky for our tasks which involve looking after all of the exhibits and studying the history of many worlds. Please, follow me." On the other side of the final door is the Room of Unexplained and Experimental Technologies. This room is very strange; the centre of the room is dominated by a large machine with a myriad of pipes and wires extending from it; most reattach into itself, but some dangle free. This device has a label on it: 'This item of "archeotech" was found under a heap of scrap metal in the Underhive of Hive Primus, Necromunda, Imperium of Man'. There's other things, too; a small surfboard that is floating an inch or so above the base of the display case it rests in; a small, mostly-blue sphere with areas of green and patches of white drifting over its surface resting in an anti-grav bubble; a gauntlet made of metal; a device that resembles an MP3 player which glows with an ethereal blue colour and a plastic face-mask with wires and pipes reaching into where the face goes and no holes for the eyes, nose or mouth. There's more, too, but nothing as instantly-eye catching.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Slave Market

The market is a large place, only a small portion (about a seventh) of the market faced Cerise's wrath; therefore there's lots of slaves beyond the edge of the spell which were unaffected. Also fortunately, most of the slavers started fleeing as soon as the helicopter appeared and fired the net. Whilst this means that they aren't present to face the wrath of the heroes, they also took the guards with them; those guards abandoned here ran off after the slavers. The heroes may also discover large chests, some opened and plundered by escaping slavers, others still locked, and even some unlocked yet untouched by the fleeing gnomes or escaped slaves.

Since the market is large and rambling, it will require exploration to discover where slaves remain. It is easy to identify slaves from non-slaves; slaves are branded with an 'S' shape on their shoulderblade.
    Anshu gives the tiger-like beast a glare and takes a deep breath, extending his senses to detect everyone within 60 miles who is sympathetic to the cause of freeing and protecting the remaining slaves, and also those opposed to that cause. He then deploys his windblade and heads for the largest concentration of allies.

In the meantime, Cerise continues her efforts to heal the slaves that can be healed and keep them from the tiger-beast. "Stay with me and help me find more of the wounded," she says.

13. - Top - End - #313

(Since enough people have said yes, now its superweapon time)

Slave Market

Up above, the clouds spiral as the blast of molten rock, magically keep at full heat and destructive power heads for the slave market, in a few moments, it will strike, reducing everything for a square mile around the center to slag, as well setting everything around on fire.

Better get moving.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Banned

[Slave Market]

Alerted by some supernatural sense for danger, Anshu and Cerise look up and see the incoming attack. Cerise gathers as many of the nearby survivors as she can - not all that many - and organizes them into something approaching a military unit. "Stick by me and follow my orders, and you might survive this," she says flatly, feeling her Essence link itself to her new unit.

Meanwhile, Anshu rushes to his destination - the clustered slaves still in the camp. He leaps off his windblade and drops to the ground in the middle of them. "I will lead you to safety and freedom!" he declares, "But at least for now, you must obey my orders and become righteous soldier-heroes in the Legions of the Sun!" Golden armor and weapons appear on their bodies, and they quickly free themselves with newfound competence and willpower as Surely-Refulgent Anshu looks to the sky, waiting for this hammer to fall.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

[Slave Market]

Quinn stops blasting locks, and runs torwards Holly as fast as she can...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #316

Holly will run over to Quinn and grab her hand. "I don't think I can do anything about lava. We need to run."
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

17. - Top - End - #317

Slave Market

And hammer it does. The blast strikes the center of the market, turning that part near instantly to lava. The grass, the tents, people with the bad luck to be too close, all burst into flames. The heated air alone is enough to kill those with weaker consitutions, and these effects are only going to get worse.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

[Slave Market]

...and as the blast strikes, Quinn pulls Holly close, sheltering her with her body as she calls up her last reserves of energy...

...and they vanish.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #319
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Slave Market

And hammer it does. The blast strikes the center of the market, turning that part near instantly to lava. The grass, the tents, people with the bad luck to be too close, all burst into flames. The heated air alone is enough to kill those with weaker consitutions, and these effects are only going to get worse.
    And yet, those under the protection of Anshu and Cerise survive. They are shielded by their conjured arms and armor, somehow parrying the devastation and carving a path through it, or else their flesh is made protean, quickly adapting to the harshness of the new environment. The two groups move away from ground zero, taking a looping path to meet with each other outside the zone of destruction.

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    NTEAMC

Sure, he's not certain enough to shoot a total stranger immediately. He's also uncertain enough to not trust Magtok in the slightest.

Arnold doesn't know what a 'telewarp' is, but he knows what portals do. So he says, dry and calm, "I will make that promise. But if you try anything, the deal is off. Oh, and I want one of her guns gone. She can keep the other one pointed at me, but Marcus is allowed to walk away from this. To cover. Without his gun."

The gunslinger's hands move towards his belt, and he keeps his distance from Magtok. No tricks. "Got it?"
    The cyborg sighs, rather disappointed by this lackluster turn of events.

Fiiiiine.

He steps to the side and attempts to create a portal, clasping his hands together and then pulling them apart until the stretching telewarp field between them is tall enough for the average person to duck through. He's probably still got some sort of mischief in mind, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

21. - Top - End - #321
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Beach of small island]

Plum is there, looking around, and so is Kai, looking at the sky.
    There might also be Val, an aeroplane, and iElf.
    A wooden rowboat heading towards them is just barely visible as a speck towards the horizon.

"This place looks promising, if we can set up some transport."
    At first glance, anyway.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

[Island Beach, hopefully not two hours by boat]

Indeed, Val is there, along with her ducted fan 'plane. And presumably the elfbot, although that's up to iElf, of course.
    "Yeah, it does. I wonder if there's any way to set up a teleporter? Although that might lead to uninvited guests."

Spotting a speck in the rearview mirroron the horizon, Val frowns, shielding her eyes and trying to get a better look.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #323

[Island]

"Yeah, but we can probably requisition a recall stone with Plum and wire our necklaces to it, so it only functions for us and designated other people."

"That's merely-merrily the rest of us, Val." Kai says, looking up to the trees. Coconut Palms!
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2010-06-28 at 01:43 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

A cuckoo flies up into one of the coconut palms!

"...ah. I was thinking more transport rings, but I don't know where we'd find them here anyway."
    ...at Erin's, but Val doesn't know that.
    "That would probably work though. Hm. I wonder what else is here. If there's a fresh water source, we could possibly be self-sufficent...
    The rowboat gets forgotten as she eyes the coconut palms. Assessing the ripeness of the coconuts, and, thus, the potental danger of getting brained by a falling one.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #325

"Let's see if we can find a spring or something."
    Plum rushes up towards the tree-line, under some thankfully not-about-to-fall coconuts.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Thankfully, yes. Those things can be dangerous to your health.

...Val chuckles, and goes to follow at a more sedate pace. Her senses alert.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #327

((Well, Val is the one who found the island. I don't know yet what all there is to be alert for. But the bunker is well hidden and far deeper inland.))

Kai follows along, looking at all the plants and rocks and nature of the place.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Val pauses after a short walk on a faint trail, holding up one hand.
    "...did anybody else hear that?"

It's a faint, distant buzzing.

((Hm. I'll have to think up something then? In the morning though, for I must sleep. Good night.))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #329

They both nod.
    "We did."

((Goodnight.))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #330

Slave Market Pile of Lava (I feel sorry for Earl of Purple...)

When the waves of heat hit the beast which isn't really Requiem, it sparks, and then glows a dark color, a little like a blacklight. Surrounding itself in energy, power, and ectoplasm, the outside layer burns and continues to glow, like a firesuit, leaving the shadowy creature safe from the heat and lava.

I would have him try to pick off the outside straggers of the company and chase them around, but that would seem like wasting time, I think.

So, instead, the beast (?) (for all beasts (?) have a primal fear of fire) starts to run away from the fire and slag.

Meanwhile, inside the mind of the monstrous thing, Requiem continues to try to wrest back control. How effective it appears to be depends on your perspective.