New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1321

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

I too hope everything is working out with your friend. Has she been located yet?

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

No.not yet :(
    The police said to wait 24hours ..
    Last edited by Eadin; 2010-07-11 at 01:31 PM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh my, I hope everything will turn out okay.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Scorpina: I'm sorry your sound's out. Ella Fitzgerald always makes me happier.
    Yeah, I like her too. Stupid sound card.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I was more thinking of this kind of mace.
    I love her expression.

Eadin: I'm sorry. Not a whole lot you can do aside from being supportive to her family.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Eadin: I'm sorry. Not a whole lot you can do aside from being supportive to her family.
    And not go insane with worry. It helps, avoiding that. :/

You have my sympathy, Scorp-orps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #1327

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor
    Obviously, we need to make a magic mace that sprays mace in the faces of those it hits.
    Or vice versa.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bruno the Bandit needs more love.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    I love her expression.
    She looks like she's spray-painting something someone.

@Eadin: Oh no! I hope your friend will return soon, and that everything will be sorted out.

And that we'll one day have peace on Earth...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1329

I was more thinking of this kind of mace.
    It was an astral deva joke. Angel? Stunning? bah!

@ Eadin: I'm sure you'll be one of the first ones to know when they find her, so don't worry. 24 isn't that much time, especially when it comes to getting in trouble.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Starfols View Post
    It was an astral deva joke. Angel? Stunning? bah!
    I was well aware, even before my original post. I had however hoped that the first person to pick up on it would be thinking the other kind of mace.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Banned

Well everyone but yours truly woke up with horrid headaches and slothiness. I lept from my bed with a smile and greeted everyone with a cheery "Good morning!" Watching the looks of "... what on earth? How does he do that?" was great.

12. - Top - End - #1332

I was well aware, even before my original post. I had however hoped that the first person to pick up on it would be thinking the other kind of mace.
    Oh, now I feel like an idiot. Guess that's what I get for explaining that joke on a dnd forum.
    Last edited by Starfols; 2010-07-11 at 03:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1333

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
    Well everyone but yours truly woke up with horrid headaches and slothiness. I lept from my bed with a smile and greeted everyone with a cheery "Good morning!" Watching the looks of "... what on earth? How does he do that?" was great.
    You used the power of theatre to not actually get drunk, only mildly tipsy?

Acting, businesses!

ION: life is confusing.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-07-11 at 03:43 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Banned

You used the power of theatre to not actually get drunk, only mildly tipsy?
    No, I used the power of indoor plumbing to repeatedly fill a cup with water and the power of gravity to repeatedly dump that cup into my mouth. Also, my liver ftw!

15. - Top - End - #1335

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
    No, I used the power of indoor plumbing to repeatedly fill a cup with water and the power of gravity to repeatedly dump that cup into my mouth. Also, my liver ftw!
    Fun times. Are you perchance half dwarf? Because, if you're a mul, got some attributes you could advertise to the ladies.

In Other News... I want to try stirfry on toast. Does this make me a bad person?
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Banned

In order, I'm short enough to be
    I need all the help I can get with the ladies
    And finally, not even remotely! I remember a friend made a stir-fry sammich.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Banned

If it's sliced white bread, then yes, shame on you. If you've got a baguette to hollow out, go for it. I remember some scrumptious-smelling Vienamese sandwiches on baguettes, which looked very much like stir-fry on toast, but which I never got around to trying. Darn the allure of pho and darn that the budget doesn't permit fancy cooking like pho until the end of the month. . .

. . .but don't darn it loudly, because the excess budget went to FABRIC! Glorious fabric, fine as parchment! . . .and not wholly suited to a cloak. At least, not the cuts I've already earmarked for other uses. Luckily the order also came with five dozen (I am not exaggerating) sample swatches. At least one of THOSE has to be cloak-worthy.

18. - Top - End - #1338

In Other News... I want to try stirfry on toast. Does this make me a bad person?
    Let me know if it tastes good
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

19. - Top - End - #1339

NecromancerGuy

Eadin: Will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    If it's sliced white bread, then yes, shame on you. If you've got a baguette to hollow out, go for it. I remember some scrumptious-smelling Vienamese sandwiches on baguettes, which looked very much like stir-fry on toast, but which I never got around to trying. Darn the allure of pho and darn that the budget doesn't permit fancy cooking like pho until the end of the month. . .
    When you say hollow out, do you mean cut open or do you mean to remove all of the bread and leave only the crusty shell?

Wait... You like pho? WHY!?

Should that be with noodles or the stir-fry sans noodles in the sammich?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-07-11 at 04:11 PM.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Banned

The bread just looked to be cut open but it had more goodies stuffed inside than physics allowed. Maybe it's soft inside and collapsed under the steam and goodness?

. . .and because pho's delicious, that's why! Besides, once the tripe gets tangled in the noodles there's not much difference. I pass on the tendon though. Cartilaginous chunks aren't my thing.

21. - Top - End - #1341

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    No.not yet :(
    The police said to wait 24hours ..
    Then there's not much more you can do at the moment aside from staying calm, keeping a cool head, and being there should she try to contact you as well as provide support to her family and friends.

Keep your phone charged.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #1342

Then there's not much more you can do at the moment aside from staying calm, keeping a cool head, and being there should she try to contact you as well as provide support to her family and friends.

Keep your phone charged.
    yeah, but I'm really worried..with the anxiety attacks and her pregnancy...
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

23. - Top - End - #1343

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    The bread just looked to be cut open but it had more goodies stuffed inside than physics allowed. Maybe it's soft inside and collapsed under the steam and goodness?

. . .and because pho's delicious, that's why! Besides, once the tripe gets tangled in the noodles there's not much difference. I pass on the tendon though. Cartilaginous chunks aren't my thing.
    Yeah, baguette bread will do that if it's sufficiently hot enough you bother to smoosh the bread while doing the prep work.

Weird. The pho I've had has always been bland soup with noodles.

Eadin: Still, no reason for you to be having anxiety attacks as well.

Can pregnant women be properly medicated for those sorts of things anyway?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-07-11 at 04:24 PM.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1344

uh no,she can't take her meds now...
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

25. - Top - End - #1345

NecromancerGuy

uh no,she can't take her meds now...
    Yet more reason to be scared of pregnant women. She doesn't have a tendency to grab people and drag them underwater to eat them, does she?

...Am I thinking pregnant women or crocodiles?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-07-11 at 04:49 PM.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1346

yeah, but I'm really worried..with the anxiety attacks and her pregnancy...
    Yes, that is a very natural and expected reaction, which is why I've mentioned remaining as calm as you can. It won't be easy to be calm in a situation like this, but that is the best thing you can do.

Something important you need to do is to keep your mind occupied on something productive and not actively worrying. This is not to say that you should stop worrying, but you need to make sure that worry doesn't take over.

Something productive could be to do housework/tidy an area, prepare study materials or possibly to search for good recent photos of your friend.

Above all, rest and get to sleep in good time. It's almost midnight there and you will be no use to anyone if you don't get enough sleep.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

Give me a tent, a sleeping bag, light nights, constant wind and screaching/singing birds, and you may rest asured knowing that I won't. Oh, and it seems as both boat and plane traffic around and above this island has started again, so now I'll have to endure that too.

Hopefully, I'll be able to catch another hour of sleep before It's wake-up time.

Show

28. - Top - End - #1348

NecromancerGuy

...Wait. Why are you sleeping in a tent on an island while there's stuff going on if you have internet access?
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Titan in the Playground

...Wait. Why are you sleeping in a tent on an island while there's stuff going on if you have internet access?
    Mobile phone with wireless internet connection. The keyboard is a bit tricky, but I'm still able to text moderately long posts on it without too much hassle.

Show

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

I just explained my anger at a girl who I considered a friend but I now consider much... less... using the names of characters from Twilight.
    The guy who a bunch of people are attracted to got to be Edward. Except he's way, way better.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.