New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Into the Breach [IC]

This space is reserved for Into the Breach

http://24.97.85.139/java/mmee/ <- use this link to get to map maker site

1st - To use, you copy the goofy text from the line with BEGIN all the way down to the one with END (it works best if you CTRL C it instead of using your mouse).

2nd - Then you click on the link -> http://24.97.85.139/java/mmee/

3rd - Paste (CTRL V) copied text for map in the smaller rectangle under the bigger box (the one with the scroll arrows).

4th - click Load Map button

5th - look at map as reference to posting

Also the other buttons like Cycle Grid allows graph papers of different types to be used.

The text I linked at the top is the one that needs to be used due to a glitch.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

2. - Top - End - #2

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Into the Breach [IC]

Readying 20, 598 C.Y.
    Coinage: Sterling (PP), Noble (GP), Shield (SP), Common (CP)

After the oppression of the black prince, the people of Nyrond have shown again their resilience to tribulations. Reports indicate that the citizenry in the cities and countryside of Nyrond have nearly completed rebuilding where the so called Empire did so much to tear down the what had been built since the end of the Greyhawk wars.

In a public statement, King Lynwerd proclaimed the pride he felt for how the populace has stepped forward to wipe away the memory of a dark day in the history of the Kingdom. The King also praised the bravery of the Aristocracy, soldiery, and licensed adventures of the Kingdom who proved their loyalty to the Realm and were instrumental in driving out the pretender and restoring the rightful government of the land.

King Lynwerd now has asked the good people of Nyrond to set their sights on helping all of the Flanaess heal. "We must help others as we have helped ourselves. We have been brothers and sisters to each other, and now the time has come to help our neighbors."

Since that time, a proclaimation has been sent out that licenses to adventure within the Kingdom of Nyrond will be issued to those that seek to be the emissaries of brotherhood. Adventurers are to seek the legion offices in the nearest command post.

Each of the party has headed to Womtham to register with Legion II (Drake). Womtham is located along the Bone March Border and the Duchy of the Flint Hills. A trade town located at the end of the navigable Duntide, the province capital is a highly prosperous city. Metals from the Flinty Hills and produce from the Gamboge come here to be loaded onto ships to be transported South. The Royal mint is also located here and provides profit and employment. The current population of 19,200 is the net of considerable change in recent years. Prior to the war the city held a respectable 13,000. The disruptions and dangers in Almor caused many to flee here and temporarily raised the population to over 24,000. With the return of more peaceful times, many of these refugees have returned to their old homes, but not all of them. The population is still too large for the city to comfortably hold, and a shanty town of the many refugees is to the south. Although difficult to get a true census, one could speculate that nearly 7,000 people have made their homes there.

The cold of winter has made travel difficult, but you have managed to arrive at Womtham. As you approach the city gates, a member of the watch wearing a tabard depicting a dragon matching that of the pennents flying overhead leaves the firebarrel and approaches and registers the name you give in a log, takes your toll of 1 silver shield, asks your business, and gives a sideways glance to the other guards with a sarcastic smirk. He says, "Adventurer's, eh? Ye'll be needing to see Captain Largent in the Merchant District for your writ." He removes his gloves, takes out some leather strips, and says, "Weapons need to be peacebound and bows unstrung, please." He approaches and ties weapons larger than a dagger with an intricate knot to their scabbards. You could still draw your weapon, but it would break the peacebond, which would undoubtedly indicate to any watchman that you had done so - incurring whatever penalty there may be. Staves appear to not be considered weapons, but rather walking sticks. He watches as you unstring any bow or crossbow. Once satisfied, the guard says, "Welcome to Womtham," and waves you in.

There is little time for questions as a large number of people seem to be entering and leaving. Most of the people seem to be workers who show papers which allow them to bypass the gate tax. It appears as though the walls of the city are being expanded to encompass the growing city. A new moat is being added around that wall, with the water being continously fed by the nearby Duntide River. It looks like this work has the added bonus of employing a good number of the shanty residents, giving hope for the city's improvement from its current state.

You eventually make your way to City Watch Headquarters. Inside, there is a bottleneck of various individuals awaiting an audience. A desk sergeant takes your name and reason for being at headquarters. He tells you to wait in the crowded staging area. You manage to find room on one of the benches and are left to your thoughts - one of which is that you are thankful to be out of the cold. After several hours of waiting, your name is called and you are brought to a nearby room. A table dominates one end of the windowed room, and chairs are lined up on the opposite side. Behind the table is a large map of the city.

ooc: D3 is Merchant's District; 10 is the City Watch HQ

Other like individuals are ushered in. After some time, an older man of obvious rank enters. His beard and mustache are peppered with gray and white. His surcoat covers him from the cold, but the chink of metal can be heard both from his spurs and the chain shirt he must be wearing underneath. The well-worn hilt of a longsword is at one hip, and the handle of the traditional black sap of the watch hangs from his belt. Other than the chain of office, a holy symbol of Heironeous appears to be the only other accessory. He stands in front of the map and stares at each of you - his gaze lingers longer than most and borders on uncomfortable. It is as if he is looking into your hearts and can see into your souls. When his eyes lock on you, you cannot help but think back on the bad things you have done and the wrongs you have committed.

After what seems like ages, the man finally says, "I'm Captain Largent, and you're wasting my precious time. I'll cut right to the chase - you are all here because you want to renew your Marques of Free Service in the name of our one King. The fee is 100 Nobles. From the looks on your faces and your general appearance, it would seem that you cannot afford such a fee. That is understandable, for times are tough and taxes are high. Since it is my name that goes upon the writ, that means that I am responsible. Now, I am a reasonable man, so I am willing to make a deal that is equitable for us all. This winter has lasted longer than what we would have thought. That means that the men at Big Rapids are going to be going without food very soon. I can't have that, especially when Sir Laurel Boomgren, a distant nephew of the Duke of Womtham, Duke Finelann Boomgren, is in command there. However, ever since our good Duke has put us under martial law, I cannot afford the amount of man power needed to make sure the food gets there safely. There are many eyes watching what goes on down at the piers, and most of the workers there also happen to live in the shanty town. I'm sure that they each would be happy to deliver a bag or so of grain, but it I doubt it would be to Laurel's men. By disguising the food's departure in a private boat, this situation would be averted. It'll be a two day trip up the river, and some of our navy will be out of uniform as crew; however, you are to be the needed protection for the boat and are to insure that all the food gets to the fort or the deal is off. What say you?"
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-02-20 at 11:56 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

3. - Top - End - #3

PirateCaptain

ooc: If you could give a description of your characters as part of your first post, it would be helpful for all. If you want to back post part of your wait in the 'war-room' feel free to do so as well.

Current Party (The Magnificent Seven):
    Griff Brutalles - Human F3 (Vazzaroth)
    Jaeur Pershing - Human Marshal3 (GimliFett)
    Jaxal Pralest Fey-blooded Rogue1/Sorcerer1/Blooded1 (Dustyme)
    Jomei - half-orc Ranger3 (LatemYvaeh)
    Kirke - Human Transmuter3 (Maryring)
    Mellavin Shortbark - Dwarf C1/Bar2 (Bender)
    Shep Tookshire - Halfling Druid3 (Margrave)
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-05-02 at 11:43 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Shep Tookshire

A halfling decked in woolen wintergear rides through town upon a large collie. Under his cloak, a sickle hangs at his belt - otherwise, he has little else for weapons. He wears leather studded with antler pieces, and he also has a small buckler made of darkwood upon his arm. He has donned a functional cloth headwrapping like many of the shepherders wear. His weathered face seems rather cheerful and charismatic. Around his neck is a holy symbol to Obad-hai; it seems to be carved from some strange wood.

In the waiting room, he smiles at the other party members and strokes the head of the ever present dog at his side. He seems to be a bit out of his element indoors, and he always seems to be looking outside the window as if he wished to be there.

He listens intently to the Captain. He looks around to the others to see if they are going to respond when he is through. It seems he can wait no longer when he chimes in, "Me and Best'll help you out. I haven't ever been on a boat, but it sure seems like it would be a fun thing to do. That would be worth the price in my mind, that is for sure."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Zaefner Wust

A pale young man sits silently on the bench, in apparent meditation. A shield rests against the wall next to him, adorned with the same crest as his armor; at his side, a massive, finely crafted scimitar. Marks of fresh grief line an otherwise handsome face. As his name is called, his head lifts, revealing pale blue eyes.

As he waits in the chamber, he studies the map on the table carefully.

Upon the arrival of the captain, he stands rigidly at attention. Listening to the proposal, he seems preoccupied. After the halfling offers his services, he steps forward, tugging free a small pouch hanging from his belt, and tossing it onto the table.

"100 Nobles, as per the requirement. I will accept your charge and ensure that the supplies reach Big Rapids; but I would rather renew my Marque sooner, rather than later".

He steps back into line.
    Last edited by Vhaeryl; 2008-02-20 at 09:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaeur Pershing

A man of middle years, slightly above average height and build, stands to the side of the waiting room. He was there when the others arrived and seemed to have been waiting for some time. His face is somewhat lined from weather and it is obvious he has seen much in his lifetime. He wears fine banded mail embossed with the Pershing family crest while a heavy indigo cloak drapes from his shoulders. The well-worn hilt of a longsword hangs easily from his sword belt, ready to be drawn with the left hand should the need arise. Behind him, leaning against the wall is a darkwood shield, emblazoned with a symbol bearing a shiled with a bastard sword, sunburst, two golden spheres and two victory runes. For those with religious training, it is the symbol of Mayaheine, a somewhat recent addition to the court of Pelor; a demigoddess of protection, justice and valor.

The man's copper-brown hair has a few streaks of silver here and there. His gray-blue eyes remind one of a partially cloudy winter day. He holds his head high, clearly both a military and noble bearing.

After hearing Captain Largent's offer, and after both the halfling and the younger human have spoken, his clear yet powerful baritone carries throughout the room. "Captain. I am Jaeur Pershing. 'Twould be my honor to join the expedition, and lead it to success. If we are to travel upriver by boat, will we return by same? If yes, I will need stabling for my horse. Otherwise, I would like to have him accompany me for the return ride."

Spoiler
    Show
    Jaeur is pronounced JAY ur.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-02-20 at 05:40 PM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mellavin Shortbark

An odd dwarf in the strength of his years patiently waits for his name to be called. He is rather tall for a dwarf, well muscled too, and his beard is neatly trimmed, but only about an inch long. He wears a breastplate with a unicorn engraved on the chest and spikes around the shoulders. Contrasting these spikes it has a certain elegance in its leafy design unusual for dwarven metalworks. He wears a green tunic underneath and brown trousers. A huge sword is stripped, and now sealed, to his back, accompanied by some javelins, and a morningstar resides at his belt, next to a holy symbol of Ehlonna.

He seems to be slightly nervous about something, maybe its anticipation of what's coming, maybe the absence of other dwarves in the party, or maybe it's being confined between four walls and a roof. He doesn't actively engage in conversation, but occasionally supplements with a general, good-humored comment and a kind smile. He curiously watches the others, nodding friendly when he meets their eyes.

Rather slow in processing the information Captain Largent is flooding over them, Mellavin eventually responds in an honest, but not very refined voice: "Sure sounds like a noble job, Captain, you can count on me."

8. - Top - End - #8

PirateCaptain

\
    Captain Largent

The captain looks down at the halfling and nods. When Zaefner pulls out his money pouch and produces the 100 gold coins Captain Largent says, "I hope you understand that you will not be paid this back upon completion of the mission. You may retract your payment if you wish, or else I will grant you your writ."

When Jaeur mentions his horse, the Captain says, "I would expect nothing less. As for your horse, you may wish to bring it with - or else it may find its way into the cooking pot."

The Captain looks at Mellavin and nods. He then looks at the others gathered here.
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-02-20 at 10:21 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Zaefner Wust

"I would not expect otherwise. I would simply rather have the writ prior to embarking on this particular voyage."

Zaefner pauses a moment, with a self-deprecating grin.

"I must admit, I am not terribly fond of boats."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jax---
    Jaxal is a teen he stands 5s '6" and very skinny he carries some hint a fey or elven heritage in both his eyes and features. His eyes are a green so deep it reminds you of a forest canopy. He wears a wide hooded black and brown cloak over a blood red set of clothes. Jax's face and hands have a chalky look to them as if he goes out of his way to rub ash upon his skin also you see various arcane looking symbols drawn backwards upon his flesh. At his side he maintains a rapier in very good condition and a high quality bow of darkwood rests lightly in his left hand. He seems to have a few nervous habits such as mumbling to himself and twiddling his fingers randomly at unseen beings. A cat with strange markings glides between his steps as he walks.

"I am Jaxal Pralest sir. I am here to do as needed according to my gentlman's agreement with another." Jax takes a document out of a scrollcase in his pack and hands it to the Captain.

"If you would be so kind as to verify my service with a signature..."

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The document is to prove he's serving his time assisting the Kingdom (regarding his sentence for crimes commited )

"As for our payment, I mine as well kill two birds with one stone eh?"
    Jax waits to get the document back (after the captain signs it) then secures it and walks back over to his chair and tries to adjust a few of the lumps in the cushion before plopping himself down again.
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-02-20 at 09:32 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contact Lost – Zell Melern
    Eberron:TC - Gander Qien
    Into the Breach - Jaxal Pralest
    Familiar - Toby the Cat
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Slaw Nadier
    Greyhawk Adventures - Bonepicker

Imagination is my way to escape your reality!
    -------------------------------------------
    To much DMing and not enough play makes a DM something something...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaeur Pershing

"Of course, Captain. I had not considered that issue. My thanks." Jaeur turns to the others. "As you heard, I am Jaeur Pershing. A marshal of the Realm. It will be my pleasure and honor to lead you in this important mission. May I inquire as to the names of my companions?" he inquires with a formal bow.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Daven Plainstrider

A man with a graceful stride enters the room, examining it's inhabitants carefully. Old Studded Leather creaking, his outfit seems a bit ragged if not also well-kept, as one normally sees with those who often travel. His black hair is short from recent cutting while a spyglass hangs about his side, ready to be used. At his sides hang two peace knots: one for a long sword, one for a short sword. Around his back is a well cared-for composite bow and a rather full quiver of arrows. Also bearing a backpack and bedroll, packed together tightly, and strung under the bow.

As Captain Largent, as well as the other members, speaks, Daven intently listens, taking note of his mission. Daven does show a very small smile upon seeing the halfling. The smile, however, is also very wary.

Daven, nodding, says:
    It seems like this food is well needed especially to those who live in the shanties. The food is still going to prevent starvation, however, so I will gladly be your delivery boy.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mellavin Shortbark

Beaming, the dwarf offers his hand to Jaeur. "Nice to meet you Jaeur, I'm Mellavin Shortbark, I'm from Adri Forest. It's a nice place, you know." After that he goes around as everyone introduces himself, offering to shake everyone's hand. His shake is firm an short.

14. - Top - End - #14

PirateCaptain

Captain Largent

Captain Largent nods to Jaeur. The captain then looks at Zaefner. He replies, "Your name is Wust, correct?" Without waiting for an answer, Captain Largent collects the coins and looks to leave when Jaxal stops him with his papers. The captain takes those as well and says, "I'll be right back." Largent wastes little time and energy in his movements - he is a picture of efficiency.

The only woman, a wizardess by the looks of her, remains quiet as the introductions are being made. In a few moments, Captain Largent returns with several documents, pen, and ink. He hands the letter back to Jaxal. Upon inspection, a wax stamp has been placed upon it which is undoubtedly that of the captain's. He hands Zaefner a wax sealed envelope. If compared, the stamp on Jaxal's letter of service is the same as that which seals the envelope. The envelope has a bulge which is undoubtely the letter of marquee along with the badgelike pin that accompanies it.

Once that is done, Captain Largent speaks, "Here is the contract of which I spoke. It reads: The undersigned are conscripted into temporary service for Captain Largent of the Second Legion. We have agreed to deliver the following contents in their entirety to Sir Laurel Boomgren, commander of Big Rapids: 30 sacks of dried beans, 15 sacks of rice, and 25 sacks of flour. In return for this successful service, the undersigned shall be granted Letters of Marquee granting them certified adventurer status in the name of King Lynwerd under the supervision of the Second Legion and Womtham."

Captain Largent then sets the contract down on the table, uncorks the vial of ink, and puts the pen next to it for the party to sign. The contract is written as read, and the captain makes sure that proper signatures are given. Once all have signed, he will cork up the ink and take the pen, but leaves the scroll out to dry as he speaks, "The ship will be loaded tonight, and will set sail at dawn. This will give the navy enough time to ready the vessel. The ship is called The Wavemistress and is located on Pier 8. The craft shall be commanded by an officer named Bartholomew." Largent pulls out the last of his documents, a sealed letter, and hands it to Jaeur. He continues, "Give him this letter of introduction to verify your service. Remember - tell no one of this. This is for your own safety. Unless there are any questions, I wish you a good journey."
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaeur Pershing

After signing the contract with a flourish, and hearing the final details of the mission, the marshal bows respectfully to Captain Largent as he receives the letter of introduction. "Where would you recommend we stay the night until our departure, sir?"

16. - Top - End - #16

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by GimliFett View Post
    Jaeur Pershing
    "Where would you recommend we stay the night until our departure, sir?"
    Captain Largent replies candidly, "Indoors, that's for bloody sure." He thinks for a moment, "If you are a mercenary whose dues are paid up, the Iron Fist Guild House would have at least a room or two to stay in. Otherwise, many of the rooms have been taken due to the cold and overcrowding. Only the higher priced rooms remain, and the common rooms fill up quickly. The closest boarding house to the docks is the Belay and Breakfast. Rosie should have a hot and a cot for you if you are quick enough and your money is good. It's located on the River Run - the rose wrapped around a belaying pin is the sign."
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaeur Pershing

With a nod, Jaeur turns to the others. "Would you good folks care to join me? We can spend the evening getting better acquainted and accustomed with and to each other as well as make what plans we can for the trip." He lifts up his shield and pack, which had been lying behind the shield, and prepares to depart. "A common room may not be the best option for us, given the need for discretion."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mellavin Shortbark

Mellavin's thoughts trail of during the description of the mission details, as he sees that others pay more careful attention. He jumps slightly when he has to sign and is called back to attention. Without rereading the text he signs with his name.

"Sounds like a good plan, Jaeur, I'm with you, I look forward to getting to know you all, this could be enjoyable, don't you think." As he was carrying all his stuff all the time, he has nothing to pack and is ready to follow Jaeur.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jaxal---

Jaxal stops mumbling and looks up as Jaeur speaks. He walks to the table and signs the contract.
    "Contracts bah, I have given my word and shall hold to it. A piece of paper cannot guarantee what I choose to do or not to do. The only reason I have this trash is because I must..." Jax holds up the scroll case and shakes it with that last statement.

He then looks at Jaeur and gives him what could either be a smile or possibly a prelude to being sick. "Certainly, I agree to a warm Inn. Besides I am in no mood tonight for sport or show so a quite place to reflect and discuss or situation sounds good enough. I hate sleeping in the cold or the wet. No offense intended sir." (The last said while looking at the Halfling who obviously (To Jax) prefers sleeping in the leaves to a warm bed.)

Jaxal stands and pulls his cloak more securely around his waist and shoulders then tugs at the opening to his wrist widening the hole.

"Come Toby."

The oddly patterned cat that isn't much more than a kitten leaps into the sleeve and disappears. Jax folds his arms protectively and steps cautiously out of the room glancing in left, right, up and finally down as if he is looking for an ambush to appear from the ground itself. Satisfied nothing is jumping out at him he makes his way following the Captain's directions to the boarding house.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Upon arriving at the boarding house Jax raps his long delicate fingers on the front door then checks to see if it is unlocked.

Hhmm, if the proprietress didn't want us inside she would not rent rooms.
    He makes his way to the bar (?) and bows courteously. "Madam, I would like to secure a room for the evening and hot meals for this eve and the early morn time. Perhaps you might even have some hot spiced cider and a smallish cup of warm milk?" Jax reaches into his robe to withdraws the necessary coin from his supply and his other arms rests on the counter Toby the cat takes the opportunity to slide out of the warm sleeve and sit on the counter to start preening himself.

"Shall I exchange these mundane funds for your largess or might I offer my abilities as an apprentice seer? I have been training to make use of my powers in the telling of fortunes and love..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+6)[11] To convince her to take a telling rather than coin. (Jax actually believes he is fortune telling although he adds to the act to enhance the tellings.)
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

20. - Top - End - #20

PirateCaptain

Evening - Readying 20, 598 C.Y.
    Coinage: Sterling (PP), Noble (GP), Shield (SP), Common (CP)

Setting: The Belay and Breakfast

After the party completes their questions and contract signing, Captain Largent ushers you out a side door and points the party in the direction of the docks. It seems to the party that Jaeur is a born leader and certainly has the experience to show for it. Other than Mellavin (a dwarf), Shep (a halfling), and Daven (his almond shaped eyes and slightly pointed ears give away the fact that there is elven in his bloodline), the party seems to be mostly human...if Jaxal is human, that is. It is difficult to identify Jaxal's heritage, for he seems human but he doesn't appear to be Oeridian like many of the folk around here. Perhaps his coloring put him to be among the more savage folk or Flannish, for tattooing and body painting are common among them.

The party follows Jaeur to the wharf. A biting wind stings your flesh when you walk down River Run. Many warehouses are in this area, but soon you spy the standard described by the captain flapping inte the breeze. The windows are fogged up, but a warm orange glow beckons you near. As you approach, the sounds of laughter and myrth can be heard within. A fiddle and hand organ are being played and loud singing is audible.

Jaeur ties his horse to a hitching post for the moment, and the group enters. The scene that unfolds is much like what you might expect. People of all sorts are gathered within - all human, but many Rhennee. The singing and dancing doesn't stop when you enter, but several stares are felt and noticed. A middle-aged Rhennee bustles over to your group, in her hair is a red handkerchief that matches an embroidered rose upon her top coat.

"Vistors! How nice, please come in loves - before you catch a death out there. Now, how can Rosie help you this evening?"

When Jaxal offers up his services in lieu of payment, Rosie laughs it off, takes the coinage, and says, "It looks like my stars are in alignment, for my tall, dark, and handsome stranger has arrived." She makes no attempt to hide her pleasing look at the handsome Jaeur.

She leads the group over to a table and shoes away those there, "Make way, paying customers are here." She then smiles and says, "I'll be back in a flash with your order, and I have something special for your furry friends."

Rosie leaves the group and goes into a kitchen area.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jaxal---

Jax shrugs unconcerned that Rosie doesn't wish her fortune told.

Upon her commentary of tall, dark and handsome Jax looks slightly confused and very nervous.

Tall? Uh oh, here it goes again Toby...

Just as he starts to stand to explain to her that he has to many things on his mind at the moment when he realizes she's salivating over Jaeur.

"Oh. Ok then..." He plops the few inches back into his seat.

"Thank you Miss's. Toby be polite and thank the lady." Toby does his cat thing and decides swatting at the dwarfs beard is much more interesting than allowing a mere human to have his attention right now.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Zaefner

Outside the inn, Zaefner seems to hesitate before securing his horse to the hitching post. "Go on ahead and save me a spot at the table, I'll be along in a moment." As soon as the party is inside, he fumbles with the rope, hands shaking with more than just the cold.

Entering the inn himself, he arrives just in time to catch the barmaids flirtations with Jaeur. Smiling to himself, he follows the group to the table.

Making himself as comfortable as one can be while wearing armor, he studies his companions intently.

The dwarf seems like he can probably handle himself in a fight. Jaeur, the half-elf and the mage as well...the rest I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

Zaefner lets out a sigh of relief, thankful to be in out of the cold.

"So tell me...Jaeur, was it? What is your story? I mean no offense, but you seem to be a bit past your prime to be beginning a career as a mercenary."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Daven Plainstrider

Daven allows himself to be led to the tavern and he looks at the inn with an uncertain pace. Don't be too slow. he says to Zaefner. As he goes in, he stops and carefully searches the room looking for anything unusual or anything that might cause trouble.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spot Check: (1d20+7)[17]

ooc: My old DM used to always makes us do a spot check to search the room. If this is unessessary then ignore this

He begins to sit at the table but then looks worried while he examines his coin purse. As Rosie walks off, Daven stands up and looks around the room for someone who can help him out, saying to the group, "No worries, I shall return." As a short Rhennee woman walks by, he taps her on the shoulder:

Excuse me, but you can call me Daven. I seem to be in bit of a spot. Me being a man of of utmost importance, I was wondering if you could pay for my room tonight. I assure you, it is for a good cause.

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff: (1d20+2)[7]
    ooc: Daven has a somewhat humble opinion of himself. He feels he needs to conserve what little he has.

Edit:Oops I slipped and used Rux, silly me.
    Last edited by Rux Ealdorman; 2008-02-22 at 12:59 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jax---

Not 1 hour together and the halfling is trying to drive off my potential customers. Man that was the worst come on since Warty Mcfinckle used that bad love potion that just made that rich girl sick...

Spoiler
    Show
    Jax casts prestidigitation to distract the poor woman before she slaps the halfling and causes trouble.

Speaking strange words as he walks up behind the halfling claps his hands.
    "Shim sala gliop! soyo souq nEhiK!"

A mini tornado (3' tall x 2' wide at the top) appears in the halflings palm that begins to collect bits of dust. Soon a small figure made of dust appears and the tornado collapses. The figure pulls out a tiny fiddle and bigins to play and dance (no sound).
    "Behold my little friend holding his little friend!"
    All the while Jax waves his arms around and wiggles his fingers like he is controling a puppet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Preform (Act) (1d20+6)[23]

Whispers to Davven: "Next time your on your own."

Edit: Used the wrong name for the whisper.
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-02-21 at 11:13 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mellavin Shortbark

Mellavin asks for a glas of Elven wine, if they have it "I feel like treating myself tonight"

As Daven asks the woman for money, Mellavin calls after him "Don't worry lad, we're in this together, I can pay for your room if need be, and you can pay me back later" He adds with a laugh and a wink "Although I tend to forget these things, so you'll have to remind me."

When Jaxal's cat approaches, he starts stroking it "Hi Kitty" (His beard is only an inch long, contrary to most dwarven beards) And with the slightest of green glitter in his eyes, he starts making soft purring and meowing sounds:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What nice patterns do you have in your fur. What do they mean? Do you want me to scratch under your chin?"

26. - Top - End - #26

PirateCaptain

Rosie's

The party manages to find themselves out of the cold air, and it seems this is one place that is open to outsiders. Many of those within are Rhennee, the famed gypsy river folk that many hear stories about. Rosie brings over piping hot fish stew, crackers, two bottles of wine (both elven), warm bread and a tub of butter. She puts two bowls down for the cat - one is filled with various fish pieces and the other is milk. From her apron, she pulls out a large ham bone and tosses it to Best, the dog.

"Now, you let Rosie know if you need anything else." When the half-elven Daven asks to have his meal and board gratis, Rosie's face clouds over with confusion. When Jaxal performs his trick, Rosie and the other patrons take it in. The patrons speak to one another in a strange common dialect with smiles on their faces. Rosie says, "Well, aren't you a stitch? Don't you do nothing else until I get back from preparing your rooms. I wish I could give you more, but we are pretty full at the moment and have only two rooms available." Rosie then smiles and heads up the stairs.

Daven takes time to scan the room, it appears as though this warrior is used to doing such things and would make a good scout or ranger.

ooc:
    For Daven:
    Spoiler
    Show

You see nothing out of the ordinary. You do note that the Rhennee have knives and the like, but this is common - especially among sailors. However, a few of the knives appear to be quite intricate - with silver pommels. The men have beautifully tooled leather goods and armor.

ic:
    While you are enjoying your meal, one of the Rhennee men comes over to Jaxal and says in accented common, "That pretty goot trick. Gregor is name. Interest in leather, no?" He shows his black leather armor which is obviously masterwork, for the tooling and suppleness of it is evident to even the untrained eye. "Haf many size and color."

Rosie comes back down and the thick mustached man behind the bar barks out a few words in the strange gypsy dialect. Rosie responds and shoos Gregor away speaking the Rhennee tongue sharply. "My apologies for Gregor. Opa says you have horses, yes? He will show you where to put them."

The thick chested man puts on a coat and beckons the two horsemen outside. He leads them around to a warehouse door next to the Rosie's place. He uses a key to unlock the padlock and opens the door. Rats scurry away inside from the commotion of the interruption. "Here. No stable - apologies." He says in thick common. "No wind, yes?" The warehouse is mostly empty, but several crates are inside. Only the number 8 is visible upon them. When Opa notices your interest, he says, "Box come zwei night past." He holds up two fingers. "Come, go now." He locks up the warehouse and returns the key to around his neck when the horses are secured. He then returns with the riders.

When everyone has returned, Rosie brings out warm sweet bread. She winks at Jaeur and says, "So, ye'll come back to Rosies for my sweets."

Edit:
    For Zaefner:
    Spoiler
    Show

While you were inside the warehouse, you noticed an unsually large rat watching you (you swear it had to be over 3' long). It's glowing red eyes glittered with intelligence. Before you could do much of anything about it, the creature scuttled away down the drain in the middle of the warehouse floor.
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-02-22 at 11:48 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vhaeryl View Post
    Zaefner
    "So tell me...Jaeur, was it? What is your story? I mean no offense, but you seem to be a bit past your prime to be beginning a career as a mercenary."
    The marshal gives Rosie a charming smile and a nod of acknowledgement when she returns from the kitchen.

At Zaefner's query, Jaeur turns to face the younger man. "Fairly simple story. Third son of a minor noble, both of my older brothers are married and carrying on family business, so I'm out of the loop. I was trained at the Military Academy and gained a small degree of recognition for my deeds against the Black Prince, but not enough to be given any position of authority." He pauses a moment, to consider his next words.

"I feel a need to truly accomplish something important in my life, unfettered by my family's name," he speaks with a passion that seems to rise in his voice as he continues. "I have met Count Dunstan, and consider him a good and just man. I wish to help him secure Knurl and establish the Bone March as a realm for good rather than a mire of evil and savagery."

He stops once more, noting that his voice had risen above his intended volume. "Pardon my zeal. Regardless, that is my plan. If, in the process, I am able to establish my own name, and possibly title, all the better. But mostly I do it because it needs to be done, and there are few out there who wish to better the world. I may be a hair past my prime, but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of dealing with the rigors or hardships ahead of us. You will find me to be a valuable ally and friend, in due time."

He continues his story as they care for the horses; Jaeur sets a feedbag on his mount and covers the stallion with his own winter blanket atop the saddle blanket.

Once they return to their table, he smiles at Rosie. "No apologies are necessary, Rosie. I thank you for your hospitality. And the sweets. I will certainly return whenever I am able." he continues and dips his head in a seated courtly bow.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-02-22 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Ninja'd by the DM!

28. - Top - End - #28

PirateCaptain

ooc: I meant to send this to the player privately, but the board is really acting up for me.

For Zaefner:
    Spoiler
    Show

While you were inside the warehouse, you noticed an unsually large rat watching you (you swear it had to be over 3' long). It's glowing red eyes glittered with intelligence. Before you could do much of anything about it, the creature scuttled away down the drain in the middle of the warehouse floor.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Zaefner smiles sadly at Jaeur's story, noting similarities with his own.

"Well, there is at least one other person out there who thinks the world needs improvement. I journey for mostly the same reasons as do you."
    While caring for his horse, Zaefner seems to tense up, looking at something in the distance.
    "You know...I was planning on staying at the guild hall tonight, but I think I've changed my mind. Something...I don't know, something just doesn't feel right."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaeur Pershing

Jaeur looks at Zaefner with a puzzled expression. "Do tell," he requests.

Spoiler
    Show
    Boy we like our ae's don't we!