New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Setonian Empire [the search]

Marcuus face looks grim as he watches everything that occurs, and then the area they are heading towards, he heaves a heavy sigh and nods, "Yes, the exact same, we'll have to somehow beat ahead of the mob and hope that we can make it to Jisika before they do something to that town with her in it." He looks off to the distance and begins walking forward picking up pace as he says, "Let's get moving."
    Proud Founder of the K.A.A.F. (Kill All Aasimars Foundation)&&Bakar: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=569&&Marcuus: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=583&&Table Top Review Online- http://ttronline.com/

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Marcuus paces after the mob, but they are moving fast, it'll be hard to get ahead of them. Probably will get you very fatigued if you try it.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl gives a big grin and jogs next to Marcuus. "We race, yes? Much fun!" He then sprints ahead, levelling his pace off at a swift jog. He will try to steadily put distance between himself and the mob, but if that is too difficult, he will stay just ahead of the mob.

((Barbarian improved speed )) ;D
    Brazil still thinks you're cute.

Current Games:

4. - Top - End - #424

Group:

Everyone does his/her best to keep up with the crowd, but Krahl hustles forward with a large, idiotic smile on his face, and soon disappears from view. You keep on marching for one hour or so, and you see the crowd starting to prepare their various weapons.

Krahl:

While the others try to keep pace with the crowd, Krahl jogs for an hour, and finally arrives at small, friendly town. The people are working hard, gathering firewood in the main square.

(Okay, for now Krahl is away from you, and may do anything what a chaotic barbarian with an abysmal intelligence would do.)

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

Butch jogs up alongside the head of the mob and chuckles.

Yup, aint nuthin’ like a good mobin’. The thing that’s a botherin me is, why’d they leave all that evidence fer you folks ta find? I mean, they would want ta cover up their crime, ta keep a mob o’ you from headin’ over ta where they live and burnin’ ‘em out… Unless that is jist what they were lookin’ fer ya ta do… Then they might have a pretty little ambush waitin’ fer ya ta stumble into… Maybe that’s why they left those dead folk lyin’ about, ta trick ya inta rushin’ in ta get yerselves kilt… What ya need is someone ta scout ‘em out, somebody that they don’t know…

Butch’s face brightens, as if he had just thought of a wonderful idea.

Ya know, none o’ them filthy murderin’ dogs know me and me friends, we could go down inta the city and scout it fer ya!

((Diplomacy 1d20+5=20 ))

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

6. - Top - End - #426

It's getting dark already...

The military captain turns to Butch.
    "They will abandon their petty traps and ambushes when they'll see this!" - he says pointing to a large sack. If you remember well, this sack was filled with the heads of the dead man. Altough he looks at Butch's plan with interest.

It seems that the tactical sense in this part of the world is not totally polished.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

(I'll be away for the weekend, back on Sunday:) Play nice)

8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl stops at the entrence to the village, straightens up to his full height, and yells at the top of his lungs, "Krahl win!" He then does a small victory dance, hopping from one foot to the other and swinging his axe over his head. After that he turns around and looks back down the road.

Assuming he doesn't see anyone, he will scratch his head, assume everyone else is just slow, and turn back around to look at the village.

Current Games:

9. - Top - End - #429
    Halfling in the Playground

Martin

Martin watches the big barbarian sprint ahead and skaes his head ruefully, "Damn, he sure is fast."

10. - Top - End - #430
    Dwarf in the Playground

As he watches the mob plod ahead, and Krahl seem to run off ahead of everything in sight, and Butch speaking with the leader, Marcuus sighs heavily and merely states, "I can feel, that this situation will end badly. I only hope we can make it to Jisika in time.
    Proud Founder of the K.A.A.F. (Kill All Aasimars Foundation)&&Bakar: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=569&&Marcuus: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=583&&Table Top Review Online- http://ttronline.com/

11. - Top - End - #431

Krahl:

Some villagers look at the orc witha worried face, but they continue gathering firewood at the main squre, setting it up for a big fire.

Group:

The others came closer to the town. Once the military captain turns to Butch. "What did you say about scouting?" - he asks.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl sits down by the large pile of wood and watches as the townspeople gather even more wood for it. Wow! I wonder what they need all of that wood for.

Current Games:

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can scout. I'm feeling much better." Ely slips down from the cart.

14. - Top - End - #434

Martin

Martin walks on and whistles a tune while trying to make out any sign of Krahl up ahead.

I hope the big guy doesn't get into too much trouble.

"I'll join you Ely... what exactly are we looking for? I suppose you want to know if the villagers are prepareing a defense?"

15. - Top - End - #435

Ely and Martin (probably Butch as well, Truwar must be away) sneaks to the border of the town. There they can see a few armed men, looking curious at a happy orc sitting near a large pile of logs, at a large square.

Krahl, siiting happily, hears a feint chanting, of a liturgical, sad song.

16. - Top - End - #436

Martin

Martin whispers with a wry grin, "Well, we found Krahl at least and he doesn't seem to be in any big danger which is good."

Looking at the armed people, "They are not prepareing any big defenses. I don't know about you but if I had left so blatant evidence at the crime scene I would be abit more defensive."

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely whispers back. "They are preparing something, though..."

18. - Top - End - #438

Listen, I don’t really care ifhin’ these yokels want ta burn their neighbors out. The whole “scoutin’” things was ta give us a chance ta sneak down there and pull our little friends biscuits outta the cookstove before those loons behind us burn this place to the ground…

Grunting sourly in the direction of the mob behind them Butch then turns back to Martin and Marcuus.

You two better hustle on down there and take a gander at what’s goin’ on. I don’t think that a couple o’ half-breeds like Ely and meself would be too welcome in that place.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus nods and then says to Butch, "Just be ready to run if things go bad, don't worry about Martin, myself, or Krahl, we'll all meet up a few miles away if things get that bad." He then eyes the town, and waits to see what everyone else says.

20. - Top - End - #440

Martin

Martin glances back and shrugs. "Ok, true enough. I'm with you Marcuus, lets see if we can find our little friend before things gets messy.

Lets circle around and come in from the opposite side, gives us alittle better room to claim our innocence if things go really wrong."

21. - Top - End - #441

Martin and Marcuus goes around the town, but it takes some time to do so.

Elysia and Butch remain in their position upon a small hill. They can see things moderately (it's getting dark), but can't hear anything. They see, that far away from Krahl's position (the large pile of wood) there is a dozen priest-looking man standing around a small cage. There is something in the cage, but they can't figure it out.

In the town, Krahl sits happily until a large man with a mustache tells him to go away from the stakes. He (and only he) can hear the gathering crowd murmuring about something, but he's not familiar with the language spoken here. But he can tell that the folks became excited.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have a very bad feeling about this....Who was it that talked about burning drow witches?"

23. - Top - End - #443

Whelp, if things get too hairy down in their, we can always let that mob behind us have a go at ‘em. Can’t think of a better use fer a mob, meself. Hmmm, never actually seen a mob go after a mob, this should be interestin’. I just hope we don’t get caught too tightly between the two o’ ‘em.

Butch gives Elysia a wink and places a comforting hand on her shoulder as he returns to watching the city closely, faint traceries of worry crossing his normally jovial face as he intently scans the town below.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I'd like to get a better look at that cage. Maybe I can sneak down, now that the crowd is busy mobbing..." With that, the little elf starts sneaking towards town.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

It has become obvious to Krahl what is going on here. The townspeople are building a bonfire to celebrate something!

Krahl readily moves away from the stakes, but stays close enough that he can see what is going. He straps his axe to his back and tries to talk to the large, mustached man. "Town make big fire. Make much happy...err...What happy for?...uhh...Why make party?"

Current Games:

26. - Top - End - #446

The mustached man speaks seton language as bad as krahl, so they can communicate quite easily.

"We are happy for ze witch-burning. Ze witch will burn to-night." - says the mustached man, and pats Krahl's shoulder, probably thinking that he came to Kleinebrück to help with the wood-chopping. That could explain that huge axe. There are some other axemen in the town, so Krahl doesn't look out-of-place.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

"Yes, yes. Witch need be burn. Krahl help?"

Current Games:

28. - Top - End - #448

Cripes missy!

Hissing the words, Butch falls into an easy crouch as me moves up along side of her, nearly as stealthy as the elf, despite all of his bulk.

((Hide +10 Move Silently +9))
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449

The mustached man orders Krahl to brings some more wood to the pile, then goes away.

After a minute, the cloaked priests begin to slowly move towards the pile, bringing their small cage. The chanting of the priests nearly completely overwhelm a fein, familiar, crying voice. As Butch, Ely, and Krahl can see there is a small black-skinned humanoid creature in the cage. Butch and Ely already sneaked closer to the town, but they are still far away for direct interacting.

Martin and Marcuus are nowhere to be seen now.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl happily goes a picks up a stack of wood and starts bringing it back to the pile in the middle of town. However, when he sees what appears to be a drow in the cage, he immidiately tosses the wood aside. "Jiska!" Krahl roars and pulls out his axe. He rushes directly towards the cage, pushing anyone that gets between him out of the way and ignoring all others.

Current Games: