New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Setonian Empire [the search]

Butch raises an eyebrow as he looks at Elysia.

Don’t really sleep? You mean you ya don’t sleep very much? If that’s yer problem, it aint nuthin’ a nice mug or three o’ ale won’t fix….
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Elysia looks at Butch. "No, it's...ah, it's just...I just don't. I meditate. I don't know why that is, but other elves I know don't sleep either."

3. - Top - End - #33

Ya don’t sleep!? Then what the heck do ya do when the rest of us are sleepin’? Just sit their listenin’ to us snore?

Butch rubs his chin in contemplation as he digests this bit of information about Elysia.

Why the heck do ya even buy a room then? You could just hang out in the common room and drink from dusk ta dawn! Come ta think of it, how do ya sleep it off when ya drink too much?
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus accepts 5 of the gold and says, "Use the other piece towards things the party needs, this should be all I need to purchase some simple travelling items." Marcuus then stretches lightly and let's the sound of the common room wash over him, he has been away from this side of paradise for too long.
    Proud Founder of the K.A.A.F. (Kill All Aasimars Foundation)&&Bakar: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=569&&Marcuus: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=583&&Table Top Review Online- http://ttronline.com/

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, first of all, I've never really had the chance to drink too much. And second, I still have to rest...It's not like I can go on and on and on tirelessly, altough some people seem to think that if you don't have to sleep you can work twice as hard... And when the rest of you sleep, I meditate...Or sit guard."

6. - Top - End - #36

Ya haven’t had much opportunity ta drink, lass!? Well that’s just a travesty it is! I am gonna have ta teach ya the finer points o’ getting’ nice and sloshed!

Butch’s eyebrows raise at Marcuus’ declaration. Disbelief mixed with amazement playing across his features before he seems to accept the statement with a shrug.

Well! Looks like our good buddy Marcuus is payin’ fer the canvas! Thanks buddy! You sure you aint gonna need more than just five gold?
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus nods, "Fairly sure that I won't, besides I would rather have it benefit us all than just myself." He continues to try and relax, finally that his first purchase for the past few months will be a nice bit of wine, he gets up hefting the 5 gold and gets whatever wine seems appropriately priced then returns to the table, sipping quietly.
    Proud Founder of the K.A.A.F. (Kill All Aasimars Foundation)&&Bakar: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=569&&Marcuus: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=583&&Table Top Review Online- http://ttronline.com/

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

Martin

Smiles and gives Marcuus a friendly pat on the shoulder, "Now, that's the spirit. I think I'll join you but I'm going to have a mug of ale"

Martin stands up and try to locate some sort of maid he can order a mug of ale from.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

"Allright. I'll give it a try." Elysia smiles and orders a pitcher of wine, sitting herself down opposite from Marcuus. "To our health, brother. And to freedom." She raises her cup.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

A pretty human barmaid quickly shows up and after she asked what you'd like to drink, she's back in a minute with your drinks. The ale and wine tastes good, altough a bit spicy for those who origin from the Nortern provinces. And somewhat strong for small elves never used to drink before.

Krahl and Jisika sits down to an end of the table, talking about how happy Krahl is to see friend Jisika to be well.

(Man, you're just so good, I'm hardly needed (: Keep it up! )
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

11. - Top - End - #41

Butch oders his own pitcher of wine. Joining Elysia’s toast to freedom.

And ta’ as many profitable ventures as we can wraps our little mitts around.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hear, hear." Elysia takes a long sip from her wine, then another, then another, coughing a bit between gulps. In not too long a time, she is suitably slushed.

13. - Top - End - #43

Butch

Butch jovially pats her on her back to help with the coughing and chuckles as she attempts to slurp all her wine down.

Easy lass! Ya don’t want ta pass out already! We got plenty o’ evenin’ left ta enjoy. A little slip o’ a thing like yerself aint gonna last long at this rate.

That said, Butch rolls himself another cigar and lights on the candle at the table, puffing contentedly and leaning back in his chair.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Elysia can't stop a silly giggle, and leans her elbows on the table. She's standing on her knees on the chair. "Mitts...." She giggles again. "I'm not gonna pass out, I can take whatever ya throw at me. 'Cept poisoned daggers....Then I pass out....And Martin patches me up. He's very nice. You're very nice, Martin. Here, let me buy you a drink." Her speech slurred, she orders another mug of ale for Martin. "Marcuus is very nice to, but a little crazy. And Krahl and Jisika...very nice people....uh...drows...uh...orcs...I'm very lucky...And you," she turns to Butch again: "You're funny!" She giggles again and drinks some more wine.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

Krahl leans back and looks around at the others with his lopsided grin. The tribe is healthy and happy and free.

((I'm back. It might take me a bit to get caught up, but I'm here.))
    Brazil still thinks you're cute.

Current Games:

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

(Yay! Krahl is back!)

17. - Top - End - #47

Elysia got pretty drunk as it seems. Your company is sitting at a remote table, nobody disturbs your discussion. About an hout later the elf feels she drank too much, so the girls stand up to go to find a sort of toilet.
    When they return Elysia gets knocked off her legs by a human, whos talking arrogantly and pretty loudly to an elf barmaid.

"Now now now.. C'm'ere Lyssa! I said now if I remember!"

"Will get your ale in a minute, sir." - answers the girl in a weak voice you barely hear.

"No, little girl, you used up my patience already!" - as the girl hurries carrying empty mugs, an orc friend of the human snaps her bottom heavily, so their little group starts to laugh loudly. The lass drops the mugs, which break upon hitting the ground.

As gathering the splinters the girl looks up to them with a face nearly crying. "One day I'll get away from this damned place! I will go to Evermeet where cruel humans such as you are not entered!"

"C'm'n girl, no place such exists, you know that. Fairy tales for cryin' lasses such as yourself who refuses to work. Speakin' of which you an I have something to do quickly behind the stables right now!"

The human quickly reaches out to grab Lyssa. That was the moment when Elysia stumbled across him, knocking down the human as she fell.

"Hey Lyssa, 'twas good ale! For a moment i thinked I see in double. No matter. You little one, come too. I'm just goin' to 'ave a fine night!"

Some change in pace before the game sleeps (:

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus at the sight of the treatment of the original girl, stands and then when Elysia is about the be brought into the mix, he steps in, placing his heavily armored hand out. "Now, I think that's enough of that," He says firmly placing himself between the group of men and women. He bends down slightly to help the girl up before looking back at the men and his voice becoming a very high handed authoratative air, "I do believe it's high time you apologized to this young woman." He stands staring coldly, right hand resting lightly beneath his cloak upon his bastard sword.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

Krahl watches the human taunt the barmaid without really putting any importance on it. He doesn't even realize that it is disturbs the others until Marcuus gets up. However, when Elysia gets involved and Marcuus steps in, Krahl stands up ready to stop the human from doing anything to either Marcuus or Elysia. The loud man is threatening the tribe? If he tries anything I'll chop his hands off!

Current Games:

20. - Top - End - #50

Butch

All mirth slides from Butch’s face when he sees Elysia get knocked over. Standing from his chair, all seven feet of his massive frame strides over to the man. When he arrives he stands, looking down at the man as his thick fingers curl tightly into massive fists, squeezing them until his knuckles crack audibly.

Ya spilled me drink and ye knocked me friend over too. Ya owe me a drink, ya owe the waitress a tip and ya owe me friend there an apology…

Butch then goes ominously quiet, staring down at the man in stone-faced anger.
    ((Intimidate check: d20 + 6 = 15+6 = 21))
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Elysia looks up from her place on the floor, mumbling: "I'm not going anywhere with anyone anymore...An' if you try", she giggles a bit, "you have to answer to my brother...and my friends..." She looks up at her friends, seemingly quite moved by their actions.

22. - Top - End - #52

If Marcuus' diplomatic words didn't work to effect the drunk human, the sight of the massive fists of Butch made the man to stop.

"Aye, aye, no need to be rude, right?" - he tries to back off, but the orc at their table simply knocks him back

"Afraid of a bugbear, aren't ya John?" - the orc gives John a brandy, who quickly drink it and turns back to Butch.

"Hey! No bloodletting in my inn or I call the guards!" - shouts a fat human, who seems to be the innkeeper.

"Aye, but I can beat 'im up without blood, can't I?" - not waiting for the answer John punches Butch in the face. "Afraid of this hairy abomination? Pfew."

There are three persons sitting at the table of John. The beforementioned orc, a goblin, a half-orc. and another human. The innkeeper seems satisfied with the fact that there are no weapons pulled out.

[hr]Butch took three points of subdual damage.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Elysia stands up, glaring at John furiously. "Hey!! That's my friend! An' he ain't no abono...abonimo...abani...what you said!! An' you're ugly!!" She tries to kick him in the knee. ( 0 mod for strength, base attack bonus +3)

(here's a pic of Elysia btw: http://tmsaatvedt.googlepages.com/home )

24. - Top - End - #54

Butch

Butch seems to have been wholly unaffected by the punch he received ((Bluff d20+5 = 13+5 = 18 )). Looking down at the human he snarls in anger.

That wasn’t a tip, boyo! When I’m done with you, yer gonna curse the day yer momma first kissed yer pappy!

Butch winds up and delivers a punishing blow to…the orc sitting next to the human.
    ((attack d20+7 = 11+7 = 18, Dmg: d3+5+d6(sneak attack) = 3+5+4=12))

((btw, I don't seem to be able to see Ely's picture :( ))
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

"Krahl break stupid man!" Krahl snarls and swings at the human.

((Init 20+1=21
    Close and attack human
    Unarmed strike 15+9=24
    Dmg 1d3+9 = 2+9 = 11 nonlethal
    I will provoke an AoO, provided the human has Improved Unarmed Strike.
    If Krahl doesn't have a straight shot at the human he will pull his greataxe and try to get around.))

Current Games:

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus scowls, "Dirty underhanded bastards!" He shoves himself into the man with all of his might trying to force him into the table.

((Bullrush! 15+2=17!))

27. - Top - End - #57

After John's fairly weak punch the air frozen for a second. But when butch gets his blow, hell unleashes in a moment.

The surprised orc falls from his chair, burying his goblin companion under his massive body. Elysia kicks John as hard as she can, but even she gets surprised when the human falls back and breaks a table in his fall. She only then notices that her kick has little to do with the destruction, it was caused by the combined power of Krahl and Marcuus. The massive orc's hit got John in the face, and he didn't even regain total consciousness when Marcuus rushed him over, knocking him down, breaking the table with their weight. Even that heavy beating John was redy to stand up, but a bottle from Lyssa's hand find it's way swiftly to the forehead of the human, who fell unconsciou without a word.

The half-orc and the nother human threw their chair at Butch, who managed to dodge only one of them. By the time the goblin nearly crawled out from the orc's body. Hopefully for him the orc's vision slowly returned after Butch's devastating blow. He tried to stand up but then Butch kicked him on the ribs somewhat hard. At least everyone in the in heard that it were his ribs. The orc falls back to poor goblin fellow once again. But this time the orc doesn't seem to get up.

Well I couldn't find the AoO rules about what happens if someone's trying to get up near an unarmored enemy, but I judged that Butch should get an AoO.
    Martin's outside with the mules, while Jisika's too frightened to act, so you're on your own (:

p.s: loved that picture, extra xp for Elysia! I am easy to bribe with such things(:

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yay!" Elysia jumps up and down cheering as John crashes through the table, and as Butch decks the orc. "That'll teach ya!!" She picks up a mug and throws it at the half orc and human still standing.

(Thanks:) ))

29. - Top - End - #59

Butch

Butch folds arms as thick as a strong mans legs across his chest as rests a foot on the chest of the Orc he so quickly felled. Giving the half-orc and the other human his hardest stare.

Well boyos we can do this the easy way and the two o’ ya can beat it. Or….. we can do it the hard way. No, meself, I’d like ta give ya a bit more o’ the hard way, bein’ as ya got me bugbear battle frenzy in a boil, but I’d feel real bad about bustin’ up any more o’ the innkeeper’s business with yer bodies so I’m gonna let the two o’ you decide.

Glances meaningfully at the felled orc.

((Intimidate roll D20 + 6 = 17(woot! :D)+6 = 23 plus whatever other bonuses apply))

((btw, standing up near an enemy DOES give an AoO, if he had been armed and I had taken that AoO against him with my bare hands, he would have gotten an AoO against me as well but he still invokes one from me. So, good judgment! ;) ))
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

The two human and the hal-orc glances at each other deciding what to do, but they quickly agree that it will be best to flee this place at once. With the two strongest of them out, they suddenly don't seem to be as arrogant as before. They quickly pick up John and the orc, and then hurriedly leave the inn.

"Oh, thank you soo much..." sighs Lyssa. "Are you allright? This John a horrible worm, he is.." - she asks Elysia. She's larger than Ely, probably becouse his mother was a human.

"And who's going to serve the guests whit you chatting here?" - frowns upon her the innkeeeper, who gathers the broken furniture, and start to count the cost of a new chair and table.

"Oh, yessir.." - says Lyssa and retuns to work.