New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Setonian Empire [the search]

Krahl

Krahl gives a victory roar, waving his axe over his head. He stands over the body for a moment, breathing heavily, his mind blank as the rage receeds. He looks at his axe and scrapes the guts off on the remains of the soldier's body. He then walks slowly back to the others.
    Brazil still thinks you're cute.

Current Games:

2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground

Martin

Martin watches the bandit run away and transfers his gaze towards Fahd.

With a concerned frown, "How does it look, will he survive?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely shakes her head slowly. "He's dead..." She looks to Krahl who comes back wiping his axe and nods in approval. Then she stands up, walks into the trees and throws up.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Your group stands around the fallen Fahd, except Ely, who is currently throwing up nearby. Jisika kneels right next to Fahd and cries loudly.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not feeling comfortable around Jisika’s weeping, Butch heads over to Ely. Holding her hair back from her face as she sicks up.

How ya holdin’ up? Ugly thing ta lose a friend. It’s why I try ta always use sweet reason. You were right though, Ely, better ta die free and on yer own feet than ta die a broken down old slave. Fahd lived free and that’s a site better than a lot o’ folks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah..." Ely replies quietly and wipes her mouth. "That's the way I want to go as well. Free. I'll die before anyone takes me again. I'm better now, thank you..." She straightens and goes to fetch her waterskin, rinsing out the foul taste in her mouth. Then she turns to the others. "We have to bury him..."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

As Krahl returns and sees everyone around Fahd's body, his victory grin fades to a look of concern. "Friend Fahd good?" Seeing Jiska crying and Ely throwing up, Krahl manages to figure out that Fahd is gone. He gives a short wail and drops to one knee leaning against his axe handle, tears streaming down his face. He stutters out a half remembered prayer in Feher, "Gods bless the soul of this brave warrior, killed in honorable battle. He will not be forgotten."

Current Games:

8. - Top - End - #218

Sighing softly, Butch head to the cart removing a spade and heading to the others.

We better get ta givin’ ‘im a decent burryin’ before those stinkin’ dogs o’ bandits come back ta gives us trouble. Martin, can you gather up some rocks, we will put them over Fahd’s grave ta keep the scavengers out. Ely, go take whatever valuables you can find on these bushwackin’ scum, make sure ya take the armor too; toss it all in the cart.

Krahl, once Ely loots these bums, I want you at chop each o’ their heads off with that big ole’ axe o’ yers and toss in a bag, if these are bandits then there is probably a bounty on ‘em. Marcuus can you err… churchify Fahd up so he is ready fer a proper burryin’?

Seeing the weeping Jisika Butch hesitates a moment before addressing her.

Jisika, could you help Marcuus out?

Hoping that getting everyone in action will help them deal with the loss, Butch sets his back into digging Fahd’s grave, working surprisingly hard for someone that makes his dislike for manual labor know at every opportunity.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus has already begun his preparations for a funeral, slowly but surely gathering what can be used as a funeral pyre for his fallen friend. Throughout the entire thing you can hear the slow, deep, chant of a death march.
    Proud Founder of the K.A.A.F. (Kill All Aasimars Foundation)&&Bakar: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=569&&Marcuus: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=583&&Table Top Review Online- http://ttronline.com/

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Grateful to be doing something, Ely starts searching the bodies of the deserters, removing their armor and weapons as well.

11. - Top - End - #221

With a fast and hard work you finally bury your comrade. Marcuus speaks the final words before placing Fahd to his final resting place. With Ely and Krahl done with the nasty work with the bandits, you are ready to depart when the sun starts to settle down. You leave the bodies of your enemies to fed the hyenas and vultures waiting for your leave.

After a small march, you find a place suitable for resting at night.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

12. - Top - End - #222

Martin

Martin settles down and starts to gather some wood for a fire out of habit.

Still feeling the loss of one of his friends, he moves about in a somewhat daydreaming state not paying full attention to what's doing.

I only knew him for short while but I still feel a great sadness when he passed away.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely sits down, leaning against a tree, and keeps an eye on her surroundings. If those men come back, I'll bury my daggers in their eyes...

14. - Top - End - #224

Butch unhitches his mule and ties it to a branch. He then rummages around in the back of his cart and pulls out a bundle.

Whelp, I don’t think them bandits are gonna want ta be tanglin’ with us, after they find their former boss and his cronies without their heads and such. Seein’ things like that seem ta have an effect on a fella, he starts ta thinkin’ “That could be me…” then he gets all unviolent like, real quick.

Removing the cloth covering the bundle he was carrying, butch reveals a small keg of brandy and several cigars.

Well, I don’t know about tha rest o’ ya, but I’m gonna get meself drunk tonight, I got plenty o’ brandy so anyone as wants a drink go ahead and have a some. Care fer a cigar, Ely?

Lighting up his cigar, Butch begins puffing on it as he pours two mugs of brandy, walking over to plop himself down to Ely and handing her one of the mugs.

Drink up missy, it’s good fer yer circulation.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely accepts the mug but declines the cigar. "Thanks...But not so much as last time, I think. Gave me a terrrible headache." She settles against the tree and takes a long sip, coughing a little. "Gah, strong.."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

Krahl sits down and accepts a mug of brandy. "Krahl sorry friend Fahd gone. Friend Fahd fight good. Death wait not for ever." Krahl takes a long drink from his mug and stares at the ground.

Current Games:

17. - Top - End - #227

Martin

"Well, I'm not going to get dead drunk but I'll take a couple muggs alright."

Martin picks up his pipes and plays a soft memorial tune while stareing up at the stars in the sky.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely lies back and stares into the night sky. She whispers:"At least some of us will see home again...I found it...Jisika will find it...Just knowing is enough now. I won't die a lonely slave, I have a name and a family and a home. So did Fahd..."

19. - Top - End - #229

The night passes nearly in complete silence, as if the nature itself would share the loss with you. Only Jisika sings some sad, quiet ballads from their birthplace, looking at the campfire like she was hypnotized, and Butch drinks himself down to the ground in the remembering of his companion. Finally you fall to sleep, too tired to even set a guard.

Next morning, as you awake, you can't see Jisika anywhere.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely opens her eyes, finishing her meditation, and stands up, stretching a bit. She looks around the camp to her companions, then frowns, looking again. She calls out: "Jisika?" Quickly she searches around the camp to see if she's gone for a morning bath or something.

21. - Top - End - #231

Ely, waking up before the others, quickly rushes down to the stream nearby, hoping that she will find Jisika there, but the drow isn't there.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

"JISIKAAA!!!!" Ely shouts again, frantically searching the area around the camp.

23. - Top - End - #233

Elysia's shout causes Butch to wake up with a wince, his eyes grainy and head pounding in recompense for his heavy drinking the night before. Rinsing his mouth out with a waterskin, he staggers to his feet and looks for Elysia.

What's goin' on Ely?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely turns towards Butch, a frantic glint in her amber eyes. "She's gone! Jisika's gone!"

25. - Top - End - #235

Wincing again at Elysia’s shout Butch rubs his temples with his fingers.

Easy, Missy. She’s gone ya say? Is her stuff still here?

Butch squints his eyes painfully at Krahl.

Hey boyo, you seem ta be all tribal and such, think ya can track our little friend?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh....I'll check..." Ely searches for Jisika's belongings.

27. - Top - End - #237

Most of Jisika's posessions are gone.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely sits down. "She...left. I think....Perhaps because of Fahd...Maybe she doesn't want any more of us to die getting her home... Silly girl...She could get hurt on her own. We have to follow her."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

Krahl had gotten up a little earlier, but didn't realize anything was wrong until all the shouting started. To Butch's request Krahl looks around a little wide eyed before answering. "Track?...uhhh... Krahl try..." he says without much confidence. He stands up and looks around at the camp, his face scrunched up in deep thought. He licks a finger and holds it up in the air for a moment before bringing in front of his face and looking at it very seriously. Seeing nothing of interest, he tries the next thing he can think of. He bends over and starts walking around camp looking intently at the ground, searching for...well searching for something at least.

((Search check: 17-1=16 looking for anything of interest
    Krahl will likely lose interest/concentration within 30 minutes if he doesn't find anything.))

Current Games:

30. - Top - End - #240

((Acually, it would be a Wilderness Survival check ;) ))

Ok, folks, as soon as Krahl gets Jisika's trail we need ta be able ta head out right away, so get yer gear together. Did she take her mule? Does anyone know which way she woulda' headed? I gotta admit ta not askin' her too much about her whatch y'all found out about her homeland.
    Spoiler
    Show